Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4
Advisor Orville - Developer [CLOSED]
dios Yellow Sparx Gems: 1487
#51 Posted: 21:38:16 05/12/2012
Why should we bother to ask you anything if you aren't going to reply to our questions?
gamecocksc17 Blue Sparx Gems: 792
#52 Posted: 21:52:21 05/12/2012
Quote: dios
Why should we bother to ask you anything if you aren't going to reply to our questions?

ease up man. the dude is nice enough to be here and answer questions occasionally. his main priority is his job not a fansite forum. give him a few days. and give him the benefit of the doubt. he may not have all the answers. have you ever considered he might not be calling all of the shots here.
---
Turrible, just turrible - Sir Charles Barkley
ThePunchPopFizz Green Sparx Gems: 258
#53 Posted: 22:58:35 05/12/2012
He's answered more questions than I expected. I say he's doing a good job. Tho until he tells me ingame variants other than RDT are being added I will not be 100% impressed smilie
---
Ravens Nation.
Activate: PunchPopFizz
dios Yellow Sparx Gems: 1487
#54 Posted: 01:48:21 06/12/2012
Quote: gamecocksc17

ease up man. the dude is nice enough to be here and answer questions occasionally. his main priority is his job not a fansite forum. give him a few days. and give him the benefit of the doubt. he may not have all the answers. have you ever considered he might not be calling all of the shots here.

He found time to make replies that weren't answers.
Peridot Weapon Blue Sparx Gems: 947
#55 Posted: 03:31:13 06/12/2012

He's already replied to one of your main questions several times - there are no plans to add variants other than the Legendaries, the two Spyros, and Royal Double Trouble to any of the three iOs games. As to why, that's most likely an Activision-driven decision that he has no say in, and since he can't come out and say "blame Activision," he can't respond any further.

We can mention how it adds more value to the figures to have the variants able to be used in as many places as possible, and request that they consider changing their stance and adding the variants at some point in the future, but that question has been answered for the time being.

Your other things have not been questions, but suggestions. There's no real point in adjusting the announcement for which Skylander clears out a Sheep Mob or Troll Camp - they take six minutes, most people should be able to remember that they started that activity such a short time ago. Changing the Shrine announcements to say something like "The Water Shrine is ready to be collected!" might be worthwhile (you wouldn't even need to say which Skylander, since only a Water one could have activated it and you should remember which one you used), but it's probably not a high-priority change.

As for the cloud-save suggestion, not much he could say beyond, "That's a good suggestion - I'll check with the people who determine what I'm allowed to add or not add to the games and let you know." I'll agree that it would be nice if he stopped to at least acknowledge every suggestion that was posted.

It's like how I didn't get any feedback about the fact that the 10-hour adventures are HORRIBLY broken in terms of cost-to-reward and desperately need to be rebalanced. I didn't expect any - it's not a "critical game bug" like the lost Skylanders or the ability to accidentally spend gems. I imagine they'll stay that way forever, and players who do two 10-hour adventures every day will continue to gain money at a SLOWER rate than people who do two 7-hour adventures a day, never realizing that they're slowing their own progress.
Fiend28 Green Sparx Gems: 251
#56 Posted: 15:44:23 07/12/2012
Thanks for making it delay before taking Gems from you, I now feel like I can save up for the Balloon.
Dangermom Green Sparx Gems: 458
#57 Posted: 18:16:16 18/12/2012
Can you please increase the MAX level to 15? I've got 47 out of 55 maxed and leveling up is a great way to earn GEMS
---
81/99!
Ojetes Green Sparx Gems: 135
#58 Posted: 21:07:01 18/12/2012
When is Activate going to be included?

Thanks!!!
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#59 Posted: 22:15:15 18/12/2012
iCloud support please? c:
---
words. letters. filler.
Zing Blue Sparx Gems: 616
#60 Posted: 23:44:45 18/12/2012
It's needs Activate cloud saving ASAP.
Hindsight Green Sparx Gems: 200
#61 Posted: 17:18:35 19/12/2012
Yea, Cloud Saving or Activate are important here and Mr. Mabu Developer guy, I'd really like your feedback on this.

With the inclusion of these new Tree Rex houses and bonus gems and whatnot, we're spending a potential large sum of money on these things, and not having the ability to save across the cloud, if our device is lost or stolen, if we have to wipe it for whatever reason, then all of our invested funds would just vanish. That is truly a scary thought for me as this game doesn't have a "Retrieve Purchases" option like other similar games.

Can you give us your thoughts on this and what you are doing about it?

Otherwise love the game, just unlocked my 7th Island (2 to go), and picked up the Tree Rex stuff, all and all a great little end of the year wrap for the game, keep up the great work!
#62 Posted: 22:51:03 19/12/2012
One of my goals that just showed up is unlocking a gold treasure chest, but I've already unlocked all of them. Will this always be an unreachable goal for me?
---
81/99!
#63 Posted: 01:24:43 20/12/2012
Quote: Dangermom
One of my goals that just showed up is unlocking a gold treasure chest, but I've already unlocked all of them. Will this always be an unreachable goal for me?

Most likely. smilie It wasn't added as a quest until recently, and looks like it only checks for a quest clear criteria when you're actually opening one of the chests.

They'll either need to add additional content that provides another gold chest (either more islands or a quest that has that as a "drop" for completing it), or adjust that quest to have different parameters for completion (have it instantly clear if there are less than eight gold chests on the map, for example, because that would mean you must have opened at least one of them with a Giant at some point).
#64 Posted: 16:56:10 21/12/2012
so do gold chests never respawn?
---
lushipur Blue Sparx Gems: 950
#65 Posted: 19:47:02 21/12/2012
They doesnt respawn. Just 8 total.
#66 Posted: 15:30:29 26/12/2012
well. i guess the word i'm looking for is....dissappointed.
---
#67 Posted: 16:36:37 26/12/2012
Requests: let gold chests respawn, maybe every 10 levels.

Let character levels go to 15 to align with Giants and prolong play. We are at 55/55 all with at least 1 crown and I'm pretty sure they will all be level 10 ( I think we have 7 left) by the end of the week.

Thanks *hugsandkisses*
---
81/99!
SilverTris79 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1171
#68 Posted: 23:55:47 13/01/2013
Hello,thank you for listening to us and,I have two questions.First,when will there be an update for Hot Dog? I can barely use him.(Giants and BG).Finally,can you find a solution to this glitch where somehow you end up using the same skylander twice at the same time. Link to photohttp://i1141.photobucket.com/a...zpsddb7fb0f.jpg
---
Need: smilie,smilie
Advisor_Orville Yellow Sparx Gems: 1083
#69 Posted: 16:32:20 16/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: SilverTris79
Hello,thank you for listening to us and,I have two questions.First,when will there be an update for Hot Dog? I can barely use him.(Giants and BG).Finally,can you find a solution to this glitch where somehow you end up using the same skylander twice at the same time. Link to photohttp://i1141.photobucket.com/a...zpsddb7fb0f.jpg

For your first question, check back next week!
#70 Posted: 16:33:14 16/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: lushipur
They doesnt respawn. Just 8 total.

Sorry for the slow reply. Gold chests do not respawn, but this is something we will look into adding.
#71 Posted: 16:35:59 16/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Hindsight
Yea, Cloud Saving or Activate are important here and Mr. Mabu Developer guy, I'd really like your feedback on this.

With the inclusion of these new Tree Rex houses and bonus gems and whatnot, we're spending a potential large sum of money on these things, and not having the ability to save across the cloud, if our device is lost or stolen, if we have to wipe it for whatever reason, then all of our invested funds would just vanish. That is truly a scary thought for me as this game doesn't have a "Retrieve Purchases" option like other similar games.

Can you give us your thoughts on this and what you are doing about it?

Otherwise love the game, just unlocked my 7th Island (2 to go), and picked up the Tree Rex stuff, all and all a great little end of the year wrap for the game, keep up the great work!

I agree with you that Cloud Saving is important! I can't give you any kind of timeline, but it is on our radar.
#72 Posted: 18:33:33 16/01/2013
[User Posted Image]

While you're handy. Can we have an ETA on the new Skylanders being added?

I get an error when I try to add them with the portal.
CoastyJimbo Yellow Sparx Gems: 1778
#73 Posted: 04:00:23 17/01/2013
I got a Gold Chest today. Out of a troll. Weird!?!??!?
#74 Posted: 08:44:39 17/01/2013
They added that with the hot head house update.
#75 Posted: 18:20:28 17/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Hindsight
[User Posted Image]

While you're handy. Can we have an ETA on the new Skylanders being added?

I get an error when I try to add them with the portal.

Check back on Monday!
SilverTris79 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1171
#76 Posted: 23:18:05 17/01/2013
Is there a way to give feedback about bugs and glitches?
---
Need: smilie,smilie
scottiedog Blue Sparx Gems: 723
#77 Posted: 14:01:50 18/01/2013
I really like having the tree Rex statue. Any chance we'll get more giant statues instead of just houses?
#78 Posted: 14:22:35 18/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: SilverTris79
Is there a way to give feedback about bugs and glitches?

You can post bugs here. Or you can send me a PM. Thanks!
#79 Posted: 14:23:41 18/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: scottiedog
I really like having the tree Rex statue. Any chance we'll get more giant statues instead of just houses?

We release new items all the time, you never know! Glad to hear you like the statue. This type of feedback helps us make better decisions on what to work on next.
darkrai848 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#80 Posted: 14:58:03 18/01/2013
Well I love both the statue and the giant houses. Got tree rex's houes and his statue, was hoping there will be a hot head statue so I can put it next to his house.
PS. If there is any way you guys could add the in game variance to the game, like my favorite skylander Gnarly Tree Rex, that would make this the best game ever.
---
If you like toys to life, you might be interested in Lightseekers!
Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playfusion/lightseekers/description
#81 Posted: 19:06:37 18/01/2013
Yes, more statue.
Any chance we will see the battle pack and adventure pack put to use?
Item could give some buff effect like speed a production or hidden treasure and so on.
The four adventure pack could give a little theme isle cause space is really an issue.
#82 Posted: 23:27:43 18/01/2013
Yes more islands (there is not enough space) so yes to more islands.
---
Kickstarter:
#83 Posted: 13:58:02 20/01/2013
Thanks for allowing gold treasure chests back!!!
---
81/99!
TheBakonBitz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1360
#84 Posted: 15:37:12 20/01/2013
I have question, I'm planning on selling my S1 skylanders to buy S2. Is there any way to Unregister them like in Skylanders:Universe so the buyer can use them on mobile games?
#85 Posted: 17:04:01 21/01/2013
Any news on the update?
Buzzthebatgirl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1526
#86 Posted: 17:36:24 21/01/2013
It's already live:
[User Posted Image]
---
GITD smilie won on Facebook.com/Toywinner
Too many Skylanders in collection
#87 Posted: 18:48:03 21/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: scottiedog
Any news on the update?

Wave 3 Skylanders are now available! You should get the update the next time you do a fresh boot of the app.
#88 Posted: 18:48:51 21/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: TheBakonBitz
I have question, I'm planning on selling my S1 skylanders to buy S2. Is there any way to Unregister them like in Skylanders:Universe so the buyer can use them on mobile games?

Unfortunately no. There is no way currently to unregister Skylanders. Sorry.
#89 Posted: 18:58:20 21/01/2013
i cannot see any posts after mine asking about the update...is something wrong with the board?
#90 Posted: 19:02:33 21/01/2013
Im so sad the wave 3 isnt yet released where i live smilie
Zing Blue Sparx Gems: 616
#91 Posted: 20:14:25 21/01/2013

You don't need to unregistered them. The codes do not seem to be checked at the server for duplicates. So far, only Cloud Patrol does this and only if you use the Activate service.
#92 Posted: 20:17:34 21/01/2013
any chance the game will be expanded to include more quests?
#93 Posted: 20:21:56 21/01/2013
Quote: Zing
You don't need to unregistered them. The codes do not seem to be checked at the server for duplicates. So far, only Cloud Patrol does this and only if you use the Activate service.

There is a "finite" number of times a web code can be used between Lost Islands, Cloud Patrol and Battlegrounds. The number's at least ten, so you probably won't run into a "dead code" for iOS games unless you release it to the general public.

I tried to do a test on a spare Cynder to get the exact number, but of course one person I gave the code to gave it to OTHER people, and there went the chance to get any accurate numbers! smilie

But no, there's no way to 'get back' used codes to get them back to Like New condition before selling them.
#94 Posted: 02:15:10 22/01/2013
I reset and everything but still haven't seen the upgrade. Has anyone gotten it yet?
---
81/99!
#95 Posted: 20:51:09 22/01/2013
If you use the Bluetooth Portal (and get the Royal Double Trouble with it too) you can use the toy, not the code. The toy will always override the code, even if it's been used a lot. Plus the portal is very very convenient.

Also - This is my vote for more Statues! Where's the Hot Head one!? =D
#96 Posted: 21:14:18 28/01/2013
the gold chests had spawned for a while, but I haven't gotten any in a week or so...did they get rid of this?
danno006 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1054
#97 Posted: 01:22:54 29/01/2013
Just got one yesterday, but their incidence has definitely decreased
Verrous Yellow Sparx Gems: 1574
#98 Posted: 05:11:50 29/01/2013
When they added Gold chests i used to get 2-3 a day. I've not seen one in 4-5 days now.
TheBakonBitz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1360
#99 Posted: 12:00:15 29/01/2013
Quote: Peridot Weapon

There is a "finite" number of times a web code can be used between Lost Islands, Cloud Patrol and Battlegrounds. The number's at least ten, so you probably won't run into a "dead code" for iOS games unless you release it to the general public.

I tried to do a test on a spare Cynder to get the exact number, but of course one person I gave the code to gave it to OTHER people, and there went the chance to get any accurate numbers! smilie

But no, there's no way to 'get back' used codes to get them back to Like New condition before selling them.

I got all my codes unregistered other than in activate, for cloud patrol it says each skylander can only be linked once. So that isn't true?
#100 Posted: 13:34:26 29/01/2013
Quote: Peridot Weapon

I got all my codes unregistered other than in activate, for cloud patrol it says each skylander can only be linked once. So that isn't true?

No in cloud patrol you can only use the codes 1 time. What they are talking about is lost islands.
---
Kickstarter:
First | Page 2 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me