Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Fanfic- "Exile" [CLOSED]
Glass Gryphon Gold Sparx Gems: 2686
#1 Posted: 16:26:03 09/07/2008 | Topic Creator
HOMG Griffy writes!? smilie

Yep! I seem to like writing short stories and whatnot. This will be my first real attempt at fanfiction. Oh hush up, fanfiction is sometimes hard for me D=>

Well, this one is gonna be about good ol' Malefor during his exile, hence the title "Exile"(which is still a working title). During, most of the story it's going to be set in a forest. Because forests are my favorite environment and I feel relaxed with trees. This story will be rather short, maybe it will have about 5-6 chapters. I don't think this sort of plot is taken yet.

I'm still somewhat a newbie at writing; my grammar sucks. So if you may point out some errors that would be very nice :3 Oh and perhaps some facts that I might get wrong also.

Hmm, what else, oh yes! Malefor's name is Gilinkas, a portmanteau of the words "Vaihdokas" [Finnish] and "Gilingin" [Filipino] which both mean "changeling". Why did I change the name? Well, my theory is that he changed his name to Malefor later on when he became...evil. I mean, who would called there child a name with the prefix "mal"? (although, changeling doesn't seem to be any good either...)

Ok that pretty much covers it. I will post Chapter One soon. Trust me, it probably turn out smaller than this big block of text >.<;
---
¡¡I love exclamation points!!
DragonFriend244 Blue Sparx Gems: 767
#2 Posted: 20:41:07 09/07/2008
I am always ready for a new Fan-fic! Sounds cool! Are you going to start soon?
#3 Posted: 21:21:59 09/07/2008 | Topic Creator
Yep! In fact, I got chapter one right here :3
---

Chapter One- Memories

It’s late autumn; it was his favorite season of all, but not this year. Gilinkas, the first and perhaps the last odd color dragon, walked slowly after flying for many hours. His body ached him dearly, but he continued walking, with all these negative thoughts in his mind. The time when they shouted “Exile!” at his face, it torn him, like a leaf. He muttered and growled under his breath. “Stupid guardians…” he growled in a deep tone. “They hate me because I’m better than them. Just because I have control of all powers…” His nostrils started to create rings of black smoke as he thought more and more about the guardians. Soon his anger made him want to desperately create a fire fury. When he was at the verge of doing so, something stopped him.

He caught a faint scent of leaves. A lot of leaves, in fact a whole forest. This made him forget all about his madness and made him remember a time when he was a young whelping. Following the scent, Gilinkas soon found a large forest. The trees were all in different kinds of vivid colors. During summer, the forest was almost all green, even the rocks have moss. Gilinkas knew this forest, Kerminar Forest. It slowly made him remember the time when he was born and when he was raised. It reminded him about the time before he had met any other dragon or seen the Dragon Temple. He hasn’t seen any dragon that time, except for his mother. The sudden image of her loving face made him burst out in tears. For years, he hasn’t shed a single tear in the Dragon Temple, which made him get the name “heartless” from other young dragons. But this time was different. His mother was the only animal that he trusted and the one whom he knows that she will never mock him for being a purple dragon, or calls him an omen. She wasn’t a purple dragon; in fact she was an ice dragon. He laid on the soft soil in forest, still sobbing about his happy times. After a while, he gradually fell asleep.

--
No action, I know D=<. There will be more dialogue and characters in chapter 2. Goes to show that even the heartless creatures have a soul back then :3
---
#4 Posted: 21:30:36 09/07/2008
I love it!smilie Although it is a bit sad.smilie But he is getting exiled from his only home so it should be sad.
#5 Posted: 00:45:32 10/07/2008 | Topic Creator
Why thank you smilie. Yes, I have a tendency to make sad times ;3
Might put up Chapter 2 tomorrow. :3
---
#6 Posted: 14:28:52 10/07/2008
I like sad stories. For some reason I like to read em and write em.

BTW Todays tomarrow are you going to continue the story with chapter two?
#7 Posted: 15:56:05 10/07/2008 | Topic Creator
Yep. I'm finishing up the other paragraphs. Did some yesterday but then I put it off [procrastination alert]. I will edit once I'm done :3
EDIT:

Chapter 2- Rough day in Kerminar Forest

“What is it?” Asked one high-pitched voice
“It’s a camel. You know the odd things in the land of sand. This one can fly” answered another voice
“Is it alive?”
“Of course it is, look its breathing”
“Why does it have such a strange color?”
“Well…it’s poisoned. Purple is always the color of poison”
“Poke it.”

Gilinkas, still asleep, felt a small poke on his nose. He snorted and lifted one eyelid and investigated. There he saw two Wurgaboo; small rodent-like animals with ears like a lynx and tail like a lion. One was holding a twig, which maybe the one who poked him and the other was father away like a coward. He didn’t do anything to them; instead he only got up, stretched, and yawned. The one closed to him suddenly became pale. “Oh dear, camels are carnivorous!” he shouted as he spotted Gilinkas large fangs and quickly bolted away with his companion. It took a while for Gilinkas to realize where he was, but when he did, he walking once more. Kerminar Forest seemed to be rather different than he remembered it. It was easy to find deer or other food back then, but this time, he saw none. The Wurgaboo seemed to be the only animal he found in the whole forest. Until now.

Near a waterhole he saw a bird. About the size of a crane only this one appeared odd. Its neck moved like a slithering snake and its tongue was snake-like also. Its eyes were bloodshot red and looked lazy. No matter how ugly the bird looked, as long as it bared meat, it’s good enough. Gilinkas slowly moved toward the bird like a hunting cat. When he was about to grab it, it emitted an ear splitting screech. Gilinkas covered his ears and then the bird took one of his horns and pulled it down. “Don’t you dare try to sneak up on me!” Growled the bird, “Try that again and you will loss an eye” “I-I’m sorry! Let go of my horn!” begged Gilinkas. The bird hissed and released his horn. “Who are you anyways?” asked Gilinkas while rubbing his head. After a moment of silence the bird finally answered. “Lorkrane” he said. “I am the only one. There is no other species as me. Sounds familiar, huh dragon?” Gilinkas looked around “…no”. Lorkrane rolled his eyes and cawed “you’re the only purple dragon you fool! There will be no other beast like you!”

There was another long silence. Lorkrane waited for an answer from Gilinkas, but nothing came out from his mouth. Annoyed, he flapped his wings and said “well, if you’re looking for an exit out of here then wait for next spring. This forest closes up for the winter no way out.” “No way out? Next spring? Lies! I’ve got to get out now!” screamed Gilinkas with a frightened look on his face. “Yes. There is no way out until spring which means there is no food available. No one can get out…alone” Lorkrane slowly held up a trembling claw. “I have been here for 5 months alone without a companion. But until now, if you accept, we can both flee Kerminar Forest before it’s too late. Will you join me?” Gilinkas thought about it carefully. After a while he agreed. Lorkrane smiled faintly and said, “Well then. We leave at noon. Here” he pointed to a tree “eat a tree. I don’t want to hear you complaining all day long.” And so he did. Disgusted, he bit a chuck of tree bark off and try to chew. A sudden strike of pain hit his mouth as he chewed. Splinters... Both he and Lorkrane had the same thing in mind at that time. It will be a very annoying journey.

--
I find it annoying that I have to separate those paragraph after pasting it -.- Anyways here is chapter two, quite a bore really. Yes, Lorkrane is a meanie. Yes, Wurgaboo sound like "Wagaboo" but what the heck smilie Kinda of a big chapter for me. o.o
---
Last edited at 16:21:02 10/07/2008 by Glass Gryphon
#8 Posted: 16:30:19 10/07/2008
No I liked it.smilie I love these kind of stories! CONTINUE!smilie
#9 Posted: 00:56:30 11/07/2008 | Topic Creator
Thanks smilie
Right now I'm in a block. I'm trying to make this thing as original as possible xP
---
Cynder_Rox Gold Sparx Gems: 2322
#10 Posted: 01:00:02 11/07/2008
Awesome story!!!smilie I really feel sorry for Malefor! I hope your writer's block goes away soon becuase I would love to hear more!smilie
#11 Posted: 01:08:36 11/07/2008 | Topic Creator
Thank you smilie
---
#12 Posted: 01:14:37 11/07/2008
Sure No problem!smilie
Last edited at 01:15:30 11/07/2008 by Cynder_Rox
#13 Posted: 01:46:41 13/07/2008 | Topic Creator
Chapter 3- Escaping Keminar Forest.

Out there, in the Dragon Temple , there was a small dark room. It was filled with small, floating lights and if one looked up, there is a starry sky, even when it’s daylight. There were also a few incense burners in some corners. In there, laid an adult white dragon. He stared at a small orb that slowly changes colors. He was curious to know what has happened to the young purple dragon after he left. It took a long time for him to see it, but he has increased his patience after many years. At last the image was clear. “A forest…” he laughed a bit “how original.” Once he saw the bird, he changed his expression. "Could it be?" he asked himself. He stood up and called forth a dragonfly. The dragonfly sliver and so was his glow. "Argent, spy on that wretched dragon. And tell me everything." He gave Argent the dragonfly a small necklace with the same small orb. "Yes sir." he said and flew away.

Meanwhile, back in the forest, Gilinkas constantly talked during the whole journey out of the forest. Lorkrane pretend to care when he spoke about his great times, but he seemed to be interested when he spoke hatefully about the dragon guardians. They have been seeking the exit for about 3 suns. It was driving both mad. On night, they found a small light afar. They raced toward it as fast as they can. Once they reached it, they were out of Kerminar Forest. The outside was more dirt than trees, but it was much better than a forest that only brought insanity. Gilinkas looked back once more at the forest and saw the opening close up by a quick growing tree. "At last..." said Gilinkas brightly "We're out! We're out!" "Yes..." said Lorkrane while observing the area, "well this might do for today." Gilinkas sat next to Lorkrane and pawed the ground. "Er, now that we're out of that forest, is there anything to eat?" Lorkrane glared at him but then he had an idea. "Wait here, I know a perfect place were food lives." And with that he flew in a flash.

Not so long later, Lorkrane appeared with something wriggling in his claws. When Gilinkas saw it, it was none other than a small earth dragon whelping. "What?! You want me to eat that?" he asked astonished. "Of course! They make such suffering sounds when you kill them slowly, watch" said Lorkrane gleefully. He dug his claw on the whelp's body. It squeled and chirped in pain. Gilinkas couldn't take it. "Stop that!" he demanded. Lorkrane did so, but he looked at Gilinkas angrily. "Why? Didn't you say that you hated those dragons? That they called you an omen? He won't be any different from them!" He picked up the whelp and moved it like a puppet. "Ooh! It's the purple dragon!" said Lorkrane in a mocking voice "you think your so cool! Knowing all the elements! You just a big orphan! A demon!!" Gilinkas had a sudden strike of hatred racing through his body. His pupils dilated and he stared to snarl like a mad dog. He then took the whelp in his jaws and swallowed it angrily. Lorkrane had a wicked smile across his face. "So, how's it taste?" he asked. "...Crunchy" he murmured.

During midnight, both Lorkrane and Gilinkas were quiet. Gilinkas felt rather guilty after eating the dragon, but tried to keep his mind off of it. "You know, Lorkrane, who my future dragoness would be? A very sexy one. One almost snake like. and has large, beautiful wings." Lorkrane looked at him "boy you sure are a lady's dragon" he said sarcastically. Gilinkas stretched and yawed. "Well, goodnight." he said and then he curled up like a cat. Lorkrane instend, stayed awake; looking at the golden fireflies. But he was certain that one was not golden. One was silver, but he did not know if it was a firefly or not. The silver light was hidden in the other glow lights. Lorkrane was wary, but he felt tired. Soon, he joined Gilinkas in a deep slumber.
---
Wahaha! This is my current fave. I'm rather proud at this. I like the part when Gilinkas speaks about his dream girl. A little foreshadow, eh? smilie *wink wink*
---
#14 Posted: 01:51:01 13/07/2008
Awesome!!! Try to write soon!smilie

BTW I think this is the best chapter yet!smilie
#15 Posted: 19:36:33 13/07/2008 | Topic Creator
Thanks. I like this chapter also smilie.
---
#16 Posted: 19:41:10 13/07/2008
NP!smilie Although poor baby dragon.smilie
Spyrosflame Green Sparx Gems: 277
#17 Posted: 18:31:26 15/07/2008
i love being among other writers lol, nice work
---
You can try to tear me down,
Pull me to the ground,
I will see you screaming.
#18 Posted: 01:31:44 19/07/2008 | Topic Creator
@Cynder_Rox: yep it is quite sad :C
@Spyrosflame: thanks :3

Chapter 4: An odd dream

Gilinkas was dreaming of a rocky area. He was all the way at the bottom and he seemed to want to reach the top. He looked up and the road seemed endless. He tried to use he wings, but they felt as if someone laid iron on them. He walked up a little and suddenly felt rather tired. He grunted then yelled for help. There was no one around, but he heard a faint cry afar. He tried to climb faster, and eventually, he arrived and found the one who called him. The vision was blurry, but he could see that it was a white dragoness on top of another mountain within the clouds. He saw that her legs had golden bracelets. He couldn’t see her face very well, nor could he see her eyes. “Who are you?” asked Gilinkas. He saw her extend her hollow wings and heard her whisper “Desum.” After that, her named echoed silently and the clouds part to reveal her. She looks somewhat old, her whole body shone in the moonlight and he eyes were green. She had a long, lion tail and furry back. She had horns like a ram, and her head was crowned with stars. In her paws she has a stone tablet and it seemed to have writing on it that Gilinkas couldn’t figure out. “Desum, huh? Weird name…” Gilinkas mocked. She didn’t really care about his remark; she instead stood up and pointed below them.

What he saw was darkness and heard roars filled with hatred. His heart jumped at this. “What the heck? Who on Earth is that?” he asked. “Not on Earth, down below” she said, “and that will be you.” Gilinkas looked up at her quickly as if he heard an explosion. “Me? How can that be me? I am not going ‘down below’! I have done nothing wrong! I-” he was silenced by her slow, echoing hiss then she blew white smoke to the vision. It swirled and revealed a much horrifying image. On a rock there was a very large dragon, glaring down at a large army of furry creatures. Gilinkas knew that was him at the start, with the same number of horns and the color of the scale (which seems to be much darker). But he still wouldn’t accept it. The dragon he sees looks like a lifeless soul, like all of the emotions are erased from him, and evil seemed to take over. “That’s not me!” Gilinkas shouted, and with that, he tried to flame the image although he was fearful if the dragon would somehow pounce out of the flames and attack him. The image disappeared, and a new one came. A small, terrified black dragon was shown. She had chains all over her and was presented as a slave. Gilinkas wanted to see more about her but it was quickly erased.

“No more” said Desum sternly. “But, are all those real, Desum? Is that what is really going to happen to me?” he asked and Desum answered with a nod. “Is…is there any way I could change it? Before it’s too late?” She shook her head and gave him the stone tablet “it is already written, look.” Gilinkas didn’t bother to read the ancient language or even spared a glance at the stone “oh come on! I don’t need some stone to tell me about my life. I will not be anything like that image!” Desum’s bland expression changed to an annoyed one. “You will” she growled “it is fate.” “No, it’s not” he said rather darkly “they are lies…” Desum suddenly snarled then roared “IT IS FATE, MAL…”

Gilinkas felt very cold and woke up. His heart was pounding heavily. He pondered for a while. What was she going to say? He thought oh well, it was a dream anyways… He stood up and looked for Lorkrane. But he was no where to be found. “L-Lorkrane? Where are you?” he shouted. There was no answer. Gilinkas flew up to see if he was in the skies and he saw him far away. He bolted towards him and cried out his name. Lorkrane looked back, and then cursed under his breath. “Lorkrane! Where are you going?” Gilinkas asked while trying to catch up. “I’m going to resume my task. You’re going somewhere else” he snapped “now be gone.” Lorkrane tried to fly in another direction but Gilinkas followed him like a seagull. “Wait, Lorkrane! I need you! I don’t know what to do out here.” Lorkrane laughed “you’re a big dragon! You know where to go!” Gilinkas tried to get his attention, “wait! Um, I got a question! Do you know anything about white dragons?” he asked. “White dragons? Of course! They are far less persistent than purple ones! Now leave!” Lorkrane shouted back. “No! Like a female one! Desum!” Lorkrane lifted his head then whispered “Desum?” he looked back at Gilinkas. “Land here” he shouted.

When they landed, Lorkrane looked around then asked, “How did you know about her? Did those guardians tell you?” Gilinkas shook his head “No. I saw her, in a dream today. She kept talking about my fate or whatever. I never heard of her before.” “Desum has been dead since at least century. She is only seen and heard in tales now.” Lorkrane slightly tilted his head “can you see the dead?” Gilinkas gulped “I hope not. But anyways, she showed me very eerie images about my life and she tried to hide a picture of a scared black dragoness. What does this mean?” Lorkrane’s eyes twinkled with pleasure, “it means you are indeed one special dragon”
---
No, I haven't forgotten this story, mwhahaha! >=D
Sorry for the late chapter, Prince of Persia: The Two Throne is kinda mean D=>
While writing this, I started liking Desum. In fact! Here is a picture of what she kind of looks like, just add some ram horns! Please note that I did not draw this. This was made with KCoyote's "Create a Dragon".
Enjoy the wall of text! <3
EDIT: Forgot to mention, Desum means "Absence" in Latin. Not very good, but I kind of like it.
---
Last edited at 17:02:09 21/07/2008 by Glass Gryphon
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me