Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Granite Crusher [CLOSED]
TheBakonBitz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1360
#1 Posted: 04:35:43 11/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Does Granite Crusher work in Lost Islands? Do you just type his code in Crusher's spot or no support?
ThePunchPopFizz Green Sparx Gems: 258
#2 Posted: 05:27:33 11/11/2012
Was wondering the same with smilie since his code worked to unlock regular smilie I'm afraid they'll release variants later and I'll be screwed. Maybe an update when the portal is released will solve all.
---
Ravens Nation.
Activate: PunchPopFizz
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#3 Posted: 05:30:19 11/11/2012
^ That's why I haven't added anyone yet... Waiting for Portal so I can avoid named glitches etc....
#4 Posted: 05:32:33 11/11/2012
Quote: Nibelilt
^ That's why I haven't added anyone yet... Waiting for Portal so I can avoid named glitches etc....

I wanted to wait but I'm a gambling man and was hoping he'd just summon as punchy.
---
Ravens Nation.
#5 Posted: 05:37:38 11/11/2012
It's a pain waiting... Though... It'd be so helpful if I could register them. smilie Let's hope they get fixed...
#6 Posted: 05:42:45 11/11/2012
Agreed. There probly won't be any fixes til the portal launches since its any day now
---
Ravens Nation.
Peridot Weapon Blue Sparx Gems: 947
#7 Posted: 05:49:20 11/11/2012
The disadvantage to not adding anyone is that you'll end up with "wasted spins" at Levels 3, 5, 10, etc. when you earn a random Skylander. You can only "spin" a Skylander who's NOT currently in your collection, and if you spin a Skylander and later use a code to add that Skylander to your collection the code will work, but you won't get that spin back to try again.

Anyway, Granite Crusher currently is recognized as normal "Crusher." There's currently no support for variants on him or Pop Fizz - they don't even have extra crowns under their names so you can't even get the extra energy boost (like when you register a standard and Lightcore version of a character).
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:52:40 11/11/2012 by Peridot Weapon
#8 Posted: 06:01:41 11/11/2012
The weird thing is the RDT variant is there. I know he comes with the iOS pack which makes sense except its not out yet. If the other variants come in an update when the pack releases why wouldn't they wait til then to add him too? Argh activision, argh.

Edit: dark spyro is there too. I'm sure he's been there since Canada was playing w/o giants, but again why weren't launch variants included?
---
Ravens Nation.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:05:15 11/11/2012 by ThePunchPopFizz
#9 Posted: 06:18:59 11/11/2012
I'm getting all the figures anyway, so wasted spins don't have any use to me.
#10 Posted: 06:19:15 11/11/2012
Good question. If it wasn't for the "lost Skylanders" issues other people were reporting, I wouldn't think it would make a difference, since the ID code and the physical character are two different things.

Having Royal Double Trouble on blatant display isn't all that odd, since he's the "selling gimmick" to get people to spend $40 instead of $5 on Skylanders: Battlegrounds when it becomes available. Seeing as the Bluetooth portal is completely optional for Battlegrounds.

In theory, having the portal should let you "double dip" on characters like Crusher - you could register him now via code as standard and put the physical figure on the Portal of Power as Granite Crusher if/when they add support for him. Unless they keep track of each and every code you've entered, I don't see them removing a character you registered once they add support for its variant. Most players will NEVER have a portal for this, so in a worst-case scenario they'd have to "reset" your option to re-enter codes for Granite Crusher, Punch Pop Fizz, etc.

That's in a perfect world, where Activision (or whoever's responsible for this variant game) is actually organized and considered these what-if situations. The reality will probably be a little different. smilie
#11 Posted: 06:24:08 11/11/2012
Actually, if the game doesn't track codes you could enter codes for the not-in variants now, then again later. You can use codes on multiple CP accounts- supposedly- so I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same with LS codes, and using them again after a fix nabs you the variant(essentially allowing you to get the regular free from a variant too).
#12 Posted: 06:27:11 11/11/2012
I'm not worried about spins. As long as I get smilie in the game I could care less about wasting original fizzy's spot. Getting all original and true variants. I'm a bit obsessed with the true variants and its a big deal (obviously just for me) that they look right in this game as with all others. As long as I can use the portal for punchy I'm good.
---
Ravens Nation.
#13 Posted: 06:31:24 11/11/2012
Quote: Nibelilt
Actually, if the game doesn't track codes you could enter codes for the not-in variants now, then again later. You can use codes on multiple CP accounts- supposedly- so I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same with LS codes, and using them again after a fix nabs you the variant(essentially allowing you to get the regular free from a variant too).

Nodnod. I know both that you can use a code multiple times (I've "given" a spare Voodood code to a few other people with success each time), and that there IS a finite limit to exactly how many times the code will work - or else people could go on Youtube, find "Legendary Bash" codes from a half year ago and put them in to have them still work.

Not sure if there's an actual number of times the code will work or if they just deactivate a code once they see it entered several times from several different places within a set period of time, preventing the character from becoming "shareware."

Since I've got an unused Cynder II code from a spare figure, I'm considering using it to try to track exactly how many different times a code can be used before it expires. (Probably won't give any real data, because all it would take is one person to use the code without reporting the fact that they did to screw the numbers up.)
#14 Posted: 06:40:22 11/11/2012
Would be interesting to get a realish number on it.
---
Ravens Nation.
skyoutube Green Sparx Gems: 497
#15 Posted: 12:44:27 11/11/2012
Obviously, there will be updates for Lost Islands that include more Skylanders.

The only reason Royal Double Trouble is accessible is to promote Battlegrounds.
#16 Posted: 14:28:57 11/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: ThePunchPopFizz
The weird thing is the RDT variant is there. I know he comes with the iOS pack which makes sense except its not out yet. If the other variants come in an update when the pack releases why wouldn't they wait til then to add him too? Argh activision, argh.

Edit: dark spyro is there too. I'm sure he's been there since Canada was playing w/o giants, but again why weren't launch variants included?

Remember, Thumpback, Hot Dog, and Ninjini ect. haven't been released yet, and i'm guessing they will update when the "official" releases for those figures are. Maybe sometime we will see a variant update.
Dangermom Green Sparx Gems: 458
#17 Posted: 22:01:23 14/11/2012
Any word on when Battlegrounds will be released???
---
81/99!
#18 Posted: 03:23:32 15/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Dangermom
Any word on when Battlegrounds will be released???

Best Buy.com has it in their website but you can't order it yet so it's coming soon. Check my post in the toys and merchandise section for more info.
#19 Posted: 04:13:55 15/11/2012
Acti said mid-late November. Thats all we know. Could happen any minute now.
---
Ravens Nation.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me