Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Mobile > Skylanders: Lost Islands > Bugs - And nowhere to report them. Can we help each other instead?
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Bugs - And nowhere to report them. Can we help each other instead? [CLOSED]
ViDeOmAnCiNi Platinum Sparx Gems: 7055
#51 Posted: 15:54:38 17/11/2012
Quote: Peridot Weapon
Quote: ViDeOmAnCiNi
Has anyone else run out of quests?

What level are you? New quests (or series of 2 to 4 related quests) seem to appear when you level up (usually around the new buildings or decorations you unlock), when you add a new Element of Skylander into the game for the first time (and are at least Level 6 or 7), and when you get a Skylander to Level 5.

There must be a finite number of quests, though, especially once you get into Level 20+.

But given how just about EVERY Element or Skylander quest ends with at least ONE "do a 22-hour Adventure," if you've competely run out of quests it means you only own a couple Skylanders or you've been doing a lot of that Kaos-inspired Time Manipulation. smilie

Well, yes there is time manipulation, but the game allows you to 'buy' your way past pretty much all of the time related events. I do not consider that 'manipulation' or cheating since the game allows you to do that. It's like paying the Tower Bux in Tiny Tower to speed the construction along. In this game you can 'buy' your way past most anything it seems. There are very few quests where you have to wait for anything. (there are some planting quests where you must plant, but you can buy your way past waiting to harvest...) I checked this AM and there are no new quests except for a couple Skylanders who had scrolls over their heads. My kingdom is at lvl 14 right now. My Skylanders are 55/55 (I own a lot from S:SA, S:G). I guess I am stuck with just the lvl 5+ quests from here on out and any new ones that might come with game updates with new figures/bug fixes. Oh well.

-VM
---
♫ "Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I live for my dream and a pocketful of gold" ♫

FiUSAwS:G! http://bit.ly/R3L1lb
Peridot Weapon Blue Sparx Gems: 947
#52 Posted: 16:26:27 17/11/2012
Most of the "main quests" don't have a large delay (other than some of the 'collect from building' ones at later levels), but every single Elemental and Skylander quest set has at least one quest where you're going to be waiting for a minimum of 22 hours to travel to the Hero Level 8 location to complete it. (And some of them expect you to do that MULTIPLE times!)

And yes, you could buy your way past any quest for 20 Gems - but there's never any rational reason to do that, as you'll never get a reward worthy of the expense.

You'll continue to get quests at the higher levels, but they seem to be "off" by a level (for example, at Level 15 you'll get another one of the "build the newest house then collect from it 5 times" quests, but you don't EARN the manor until Level 16 so you can't do it at that point). Other situational specific events like unlocking new islands will provide the standard series of quests from that, too.

And my point about time manipulation was that if someone uses a method to skip past weeks and months of quests, then it's no surprise they'd run out of content. Those 22-hour quests are there as the usual "Farmville Progress Delay" gimmick. If someone time jumps months into the future (or spends $50 on a "Quest Skipping" spree), they won't have much to do until those real-time months have past and the designers add content for people who got there via normal means.

Honestly, they need to add more variety of things that CAN be done for quests instead of adding more in using the current formula. Otherwise you'll start seeing quests like "Place 500 Cobblestone Roads." :/
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:33:14 17/11/2012 by Peridot Weapon
Advisor_Orville Yellow Sparx Gems: 1083
#53 Posted: 22:35:44 19/11/2012
Quote: Alliana
Nice to see you have identified and are correcting the In-Use bug.

Any news on the issues many of us are having registering our web codes? It does not matter which series is registered first, the game does not seem to allow registration of another code for the same character even though the code is from the other series or a lightcore figure.

Unfortunately this is a known issues for players who were involved in our pre-worldwide v1.0 release. If anyone has started on v1.1 (released on 11/8) and is experiencing this problem, I would be very curious to hear from you so we can work on diagnosing and fixing the problem.

Thanks!
#54 Posted: 22:39:24 19/11/2012
Quote: Peridot Weapon
Most of the "main quests" don't have a large delay (other than some of the 'collect from building' ones at later levels), but every single Elemental and Skylander quest set has at least one quest where you're going to be waiting for a minimum of 22 hours to travel to the Hero Level 8 location to complete it. (And some of them expect you to do that MULTIPLE times!)

And yes, you could buy your way past any quest for 20 Gems - but there's never any rational reason to do that, as you'll never get a reward worthy of the expense.

You'll continue to get quests at the higher levels, but they seem to be "off" by a level (for example, at Level 15 you'll get another one of the "build the newest house then collect from it 5 times" quests, but you don't EARN the manor until Level 16 so you can't do it at that point). Other situational specific events like unlocking new islands will provide the standard series of quests from that, too.

And my point about time manipulation was that if someone uses a method to skip past weeks and months of quests, then it's no surprise they'd run out of content. Those 22-hour quests are there as the usual "Farmville Progress Delay" gimmick. If someone time jumps months into the future (or spends $50 on a "Quest Skipping" spree), they won't have much to do until those real-time months have past and the designers add content for people who got there via normal means.

Honestly, they need to add more variety of things that CAN be done for quests instead of adding more in using the current formula. Otherwise you'll start seeing quests like "Place 500 Cobblestone Roads." :/

Yes! We are planning on adding new goals over time. Please continue to check back for new content!
#55 Posted: 23:05:13 19/11/2012
Quote: Ryanator20x6
Quote: Zing
Cloud patrol frame rate wasn't very good on my iPhone 4. It must be a slideshow on the 3GS.

I'm pretty sure they don't support the 3GS anymore.

I can confirm that Skylanders Lost Islands is not supported on the iPhone3GS. Sorry!
Alliana Green Sparx Gems: 311
#56 Posted: 23:23:43 19/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Advisor_Orville

Any news on the issues many of us are having registering our web codes? It does not matter which series is registered first, the game does not seem to allow registration of another code for the same character even though the code is from the other series or a lightcore figure.

Unfortunately this is a known issues for players who were involved in our pre-worldwide v1.0 release. If anyone has started on v1.1 (released on 11/8) and is experiencing this problem, I would be very curious to hear from you so we can work on diagnosing and fixing the problem.

Thanks!

Wait a minute, that's just untrue. Like I've already said in a previous post this happens on several devices.

Yes, I was, but that seems to have nothing to do with it. I have several iDevices, 2 ipads and 2 ipods, all of them with the same issue. iPad #1 was upgraded, all crown indicators blanked out and needed to be readded. iPad #2 and both iPods were fresh installs to test what was going on, all 3 had the same issue. So far I have managed to add Series 1 & 2 codes for Cynder and Trigger Happy, no others, and Spyro will not unlock with any of the 3 web codes I have for him on any device when he was unlocked no problems in version 1.0.0.

And you already have someone who started on 1.1 with the same issue.

Quote: darkrai848
No I started with USA release 1.1.0 and I still have the glitch where I can't register both s1 and s2 so that's not it

So no need to ask. This is not an isolated issue either. I got in contact with ActiBlizz support Australia and they confirmed the issue with one of their OWN STAFF MEMBERS IPAD.

C'mon, seriously, with all the money you guys are worth, surely you can employ someone with enough capability to fix this.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:27:45 19/11/2012 by Alliana
#57 Posted: 00:18:50 20/11/2012
C'mon, seriously, with all the money you guys are worth, surely you can employ someone with enough capability to fix this.

Realistically, though, it wouldn't be high on their priority list.

Fixing things like the endlessly "In Use" Skylanders or missing villagers is something that actually restricts gameplay in a negative way. Resolving those issues are more important than the inability to register multiple versions of the same Skylander - all you're losing from that is 250 Energy and a crown icon.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:19:33 20/11/2012 by Peridot Weapon
#58 Posted: 00:31:45 20/11/2012 | Topic Creator
I realise that as it doesn't impede gameplay, but the thing is it's a bug. Adding our own codes to the game is a feature they put in, and it doesn't work, so it should be fixed regardless.

I was more trying to point out that simply taking note of only those who have the issue as of 1.1 is not the right way to be handling this bug.

Realistically though, every problem should be priority. If it's a problem, it should be fixed.
darkrai848 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#59 Posted: 00:38:32 20/11/2012

Thanks!

But yes i started with v1.1 and do have this glitch. here it is copyed form your other topic.

"I started at v1.1 (the usa release that was on the 8th) the problem where i cant register both s1 and s2 only happens if you register the s2 skylander first it then will not let my register my s1 at all. so if i register s2 slam bam i then cant register s1 slam bam at all. But if if i register s1 cinder first i can then register s2 cinder. I did not know this at first so i did not register them in any order, so now I have 3 s1 skylanders that i can't register and it makes me kind of sad cus I like to see them all in my colection (ya im like that) also it never let me register my s1 Spyro at all, it says I alredy have him (only have the one that was given to me when i started the game) But other than that i love the game so far. "
---
If you like toys to life, you might be interested in Lightseekers!
Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playfusion/lightseekers/description
#60 Posted: 10:19:38 20/11/2012
Realistically though, every problem should be priority. If it's a problem, it should be fixed.

Realistically, you can't make EVERYTHING a ... just kidding. smilie I don't want this to turn into a giant game of "Pong," where we bounce the world Realistically back and forth for the next twenty posts. smilie

But even if they fix the registration bug, they'll still have the bug that often the game doesn't properly display the crowns when you visit an elemental page ... it'll remember that you OWN a Skylander and won't let you re-register it, but it may only show one of the crowns actually "lit" for some unknown reason.

Unless they fix both of those bugs at once, it won't really change a thing.

I'm pretty sure when I registered my OWN Skylanders I started with all of my Version 1s first before doing any V2s. It's possible that's why I never experienced any registration issues.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:20:32 20/11/2012 by Peridot Weapon
#61 Posted: 11:20:18 20/11/2012 | Topic Creator
I'm assuming the unlit crowns issue could possibly be an extension of the underlying code registration problems. I could be wrong but it's likely they're tied together somehow.

It's not actually a matter of the order they're registered from the testing I've been doing myself. I'm not going to go into it now, but I direct you to my post on the other topic if you want to see what I have tried.
Buzzthebatgirl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1526
#62 Posted: 18:03:17 20/11/2012
I can confirm that Skylanders Lost Islands is not supported on the iPhone3GS. Sorry!

Might be worth putting that as a note on the iTunes store, I (living in the UK) have no such warning when browsing the iTunes Store on both my computer and iPod touch (Gen3) but yet have the option to download the game but get an error message on booting. I have seen comments on other sites from other fellow frustrated players, but have no idea where they are in the world.

Screengrabs:
From Computer:
[User Posted Image]
On iPod:
[User Posted Image]
---
GITD smilie won on Facebook.com/Toywinner
Too many Skylanders in collection
darkrai848 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#63 Posted: 21:28:12 20/11/2012
ok i just found a fix to the glitch where you cant register both s1 and s2 skylanders (just register them with the moble portal and they work)
---
If you like toys to life, you might be interested in Lightseekers!
Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playfusion/lightseekers/description
#64 Posted: 01:24:50 21/11/2012
Quote: Buzzthebatgirl

Might be worth putting that as a note on the iTunes store, I (living in the UK) have no such warning when browsing the iTunes Store on both my computer and iPod touch (Gen3) but yet have the option to download the game but get an error message on booting. I have seen comments on other sites from other fellow frustrated players, but have no idea where they are in the world.

Excellent suggestion! We updated our app description this week to include this note:

Note: Not supported on iPhone 3GS, iPod3 or older devices.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/ap...d560610970?mt=8

Thanks for the idea and feedback.
#65 Posted: 01:26:49 21/11/2012
I realise that as it doesn't impede gameplay, but the thing is it's a bug. Adding our own codes to the game is a feature they put in, and it doesn't work, so it should be fixed regardless.

I was more trying to point out that simply taking note of only those who have the issue as of 1.1 is not the right way to be handling this bug.

Sorry to hear you are still having issues with this! Based on other posts here it looks like this can occur on v1.1 as well. Our team is looking into the issue. Thank you for clarifying how you are getting the issue to occur.
Fly Spyro Fly Green Sparx Gems: 446
#66 Posted: 19:55:21 24/11/2012
It says 0/26 but every time i build a house it does not go up
Sammi89 Blue Sparx Gems: 581
#67 Posted: 11:48:44 25/11/2012
Ok so you need a wi-fi connection to update the app, I don't have one so am unable to play the game because it is stuck "waiting" ... can I do something without deleting the game to get it working again?
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#68 Posted: 07:45:51 26/11/2012
^ Try turning your device off and on- I believe this purges Waiting/Loading/Installing status.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:46:32 26/11/2012 by Nibelilt
Sammi89 Blue Sparx Gems: 581
#69 Posted: 10:59:31 26/11/2012
Tried that, didn't work smilie I'll just have to wait until I go home at the end of the week, thanks anyway
uyantien Red Sparx Gems: 11
#70 Posted: 12:18:02 23/12/2012
Hello DarkSpyro members, I found this forum, trying to find a fix to a bug that I am facing with the game Skylanders Lost Islands, if someone share the same issue, or know how to fix it, please guide me with suggestions.

I downloaded the game around 2 weeks ago, and is really addicting, I am at lvl 16 with 22 skylanders all around lvl 8, 9, 10. One day, I open my game to collect my coins, and I realize that my "Library house" item, disappeared, when I touch the place where was empty, the game crashed. So, I open it again, collect everything on the screen, and when I touch the empty place of the Library, the game crashes. I tried to find answers on the Activision FAQ, I follow the instructions, to turn off and on the iphone, to close all the other open apps, and my system is up to date.

So I decide to do a lot of different kinds of stuff to see if I could fix it, I decide to see if my game time was working, and...no is not, everytime I collect everything and click the library, it crashes, and when I open again, is like i havent collected. My missions are stuck. The weird thing is, when I click on the moving tool, I can actually "grab" the invisible Library, and move it around, or change its direction, but it stays invisible, I can only see the green and red marks moving around. When I place somewhere, and click on the "empty" space, the game crashes.

I tried to send an email to the support, but they only have that FAQ, and a number to call in US, but, well my english is not very good, and I am working in Thailand, and I was trying to find a way to contact the game support with an email without success.

I am afraid to delete the game, and lose all the progress, including the Skylanders + the itens that I used gems to get, by wasting real $$$$ on it.

Please, help ? =(
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:21:08 23/12/2012 by uyantien
#71 Posted: 12:57:40 23/12/2012
I assume you can't build ANOTHER Library - the game limits you to one, and probably thinks you still have one.

Can you "sell" the library? That's done from the same menu as the "move" option, and you said you were able to grab the location where it was without causing a crash. You might be able to sell it and build a new one - if that works, the only thing it would cost you is the time to construct another one (I believe it only costs Mobi, not money, and you'd get all the Mobi back when you sell the previous one).

That's about the only idea I can come up with that wouldn't require tech support.
#72 Posted: 13:19:47 23/12/2012
Hello Peridot, thanks for the fast reply, and no I can not sell it. The selling icon is gray colour. I know I can only have 1 library, and is there, but the game do not display it, so I say it is invisible, but I can move around, rotate, and place in other areas, but it always stay invisible. When I exit the moving tool, and click on where there is suposed to be the library, the game shuts off. And everytime I open, it gives me the daily bonus, and as I said, the game is stuck in time, it does not count forward anymore, is like repeating a dream every time I open it, same coins, same exp, same daily element and bonuses and a invisible Library that crashes it. My Skylanders are stuck on the mission 3 days already. =(
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:20:59 23/12/2012 by uyantien
lushipur Blue Sparx Gems: 950
#73 Posted: 16:51:35 23/12/2012
I suppose the only ways is to reistall the game, hoping it keeps tracks of the progress.
#74 Posted: 12:19:52 26/12/2012
Ok, here is what I tried to do. First, I heard about the save game progress by doing a full backup on Itunes, and second I heard about copying the progress data from the documents folder inside the game, by using the iEploxer software.

First, I did the full back up of my iphone, then I used the iExplorer to view the folders in Lost Islands applications, and made a copy.

Then I delete de game, and re instaled it. As I suspected, it pulled me back to the begin of the game. Then I restore the backup, and I was back to the level I was lvl 16, BUT, the issues still the same... invisible Library, crashing, stuck in time, bla bla bla...

Then I decide to delete the game again, and re install it. Again, I was pulled back to lvl 1. Then I used the iExplorer software to copy and paste the "documents" folder containing my progress, and replace over the fresh installed game.... And yes, I was back again to lvl 16, with all my islands, resources, skylanders, but the issue...still...the...same.

I am thinking in ask support for Apple now, and if nothing works, I will take more agressive measures, since I dont want to lose all the $$$ i wasted in this game.
Diggeh Emerald Sparx Gems: 3153
#75 Posted: 12:24:04 26/12/2012
I am having a similar problem. Whenever I finish activities and hit home/power off, I come back to see that all my progress since then was lost and I have to retap the homes/quests.

It's very disheartening because you have to quit and reopen the app to make sure your progress was saved.
Dankwoah Green Sparx Gems: 270
#76 Posted: 19:19:28 31/12/2012
I, too, am having the same issue with the Library as uyantien mentioned in #70.

Had the auto update occur at some point and was able to get the Library and allow planting of multiple crops...which worked for about 3 or 4 days, then the Library just disappeared and I'm back to the old-style one-crop-planting-at-a-time method.

Any time I attempt to click on the place where the Library was, the game crashes. The Library is still there, or seems to be, as when I use the move/flip/sell tool, I can actually pick up the blank 4x3 area and flip it or move it around. Also interestingly, the Library doesn't even show up in the list of available buildings to buy. It's like my build has reverted back to the pre-Library update, but I still have the Library building hanging around...

I have restarted the iPod Touch (running 6.0.1 10A523), but have not attempted to delete/reinstall yet.

I am not stuck on any quests/missions, though... I've been able to add new characters and finish quests and level up plenty of times since this issue with the Library started.

If Advisor_Orville wants my .crash file or anything, I'd be happy to send that along.
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me