Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Mobile > Skylanders: Lost Islands > Bugs - And nowhere to report them. Can we help each other instead?
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Bugs - And nowhere to report them. Can we help each other instead? [CLOSED]
Alliana Green Sparx Gems: 311
#1 Posted: 09:22:21 09/11/2012 | Topic Creator
I've been going round and round on Activisions Support site (yes, I see the joke there too) and have found no way to open a ticket with them for support. I found a support email address and have directly emailed my issue there but I won't hold my breath on that one. So as I last resort I am hoping that the community will rise to the occasion. Perhaps by reporting our issues with the game here we can solve them together. I'll go first smilie

As a result of this update all the characters can be added, including series 2 counterparts. My issue is that as my collection was already added in the previous version I can not seem to add the series 2 code to have both of the markers ticked. New characters and giants are fine, it seems the game has an issue with accepting an additional code for a previously unlocked character.

Tested this theory with another device and a fresh install of LI. Added S1 Cynder, then S2 immediately after and it has accepted both codes so a green and an orange mark are on her name. Next, added Ignitor S1, added Sunburn, then went back to try adding Ignitor S2 and sure enough, errored. So it seems to me that the game is not yet equipped enough to handle multiple versions of the same character unless added together.

Can anyone shed some light on this, or even confirm the have the same issue?
Buzzthebatgirl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1526
#2 Posted: 09:36:17 09/11/2012
I feel you pain with the difficulties in contacting Activision, try copy/pasting your comment onto their Activision Assist Facebook page, they do reply.

I have an annoying bug/general problem to report. I can download the game via iTunes/App shop onto my iPod Touch (Gen 3 I think), but upon booting it states that it can't be played on my device. Surely if I can download it I should be able to play it?!
---
GITD smilie won on Facebook.com/Toywinner
Too many Skylanders in collection
#3 Posted: 09:45:00 09/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try that if emailing their support directly as I have done already turns up nothing.

It does say on the store page that it's for iphone 4+ and ipod 4+, I've not had that problem with an app as none of my devices are that old.
Buzzthebatgirl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1526
#4 Posted: 12:33:09 09/11/2012
Not on the UK store, this is all it states on compatibility there (I meet all those requirements):
[User Posted Image]

Try this Facebook page, there are two for some reason but this is the one that replies within about 24 hours
---
GITD smilie won on Facebook.com/Toywinner
Too many Skylanders in collection
#5 Posted: 13:02:38 09/11/2012 | Topic Creator
All store listings for this game say the same thing there, read the update notes and it gives the full list there.
darkrai848 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#6 Posted: 19:40:27 09/11/2012
Have the same problem as you TC (in game can't register both s1 and s2) but I have activision's customer support # (800) 225-6588 I called them about it yesterday but I think it will get fixed faster if more people contact them about it. Hope this helps.
---
If you like toys to life, you might be interested in Lightseekers!
Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playfusion/lightseekers/description
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:42:00 09/11/2012 by darkrai848
bonziebonzie Yellow Sparx Gems: 1143
#7 Posted: 21:28:24 09/11/2012
The game glitched and it doesn't let me use my Legendary Spyro because it says that he's already doing something even though he isn't. Did this happen to anyone else.
---
My first Spyro game was Spyro Orange so make that what you will.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:42:48 10/11/2012 by bonziebonzie
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#8 Posted: 21:36:37 09/11/2012
Quote: Buzzthebatgirl
Not on the UK store, this is all it states on compatibility there (I meet all those requirements):
[User Posted Image]

Try this Facebook page, there are two for some reason but this is the one that replies within about 24 hours

What's frustrating is that I have plenty of games on my iPhone 3GS that are more complex in design and gameplay and yet they're still compatible.

I know it's probably a case of sour grapes, but I honestly expected this to be 3GS compatible, especially when Cloud Patrol is a-okay. I suppose I can only hope they'll release a 3GS version somewhere down the line.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
TheBakonBitz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1360
#9 Posted: 23:27:00 09/11/2012
I have a bug that might relate to your problem. You start with spyro but I entered by other codes first, today I tried entering spyro's code and it says error. Anyone know how to fix this?
#10 Posted: 23:33:11 09/11/2012
Quote: TheBakonBitz
I have a bug that might relate to your problem. You start with spyro but I entered by other codes first, today I tried entering spyro's code and it says error. Anyone know how to fix this?

Same it's part of the same glitch. You will just have to wate for them to fix it or call them so they can fix it faster. (I posted there phone # in my earlier post)
---
Kickstarter:
bonziebonzie Yellow Sparx Gems: 1143
#11 Posted: 02:44:14 10/11/2012
Bad news my Wrecking ball is in the same pergutory as L- Spyro. •_•
---
My first Spyro game was Spyro Orange so make that what you will.
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#12 Posted: 03:22:55 10/11/2012
They should make Activate CP compatible and just track all your Skylanders so that you don't need to re-register them every game and issues like this can be safely avoided in the future...
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#13 Posted: 13:30:31 10/11/2012
Quote:
What's frustrating is that I have plenty of games on my iPhone 3GS that are more complex in design and gameplay and yet they're still compatible.

This.

Activision, you want my money - Then tweak it for 3GS. It's possible, another company just recently did the same thing with their game.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
Dingdongdan Green Sparx Gems: 249
#14 Posted: 18:52:46 10/11/2012
I also have a skylander in limbo. Says shroomboom is in use, but he's nowhere to be found. Perhaps he ended up a topping on a Kaos pizza after all smilie
#15 Posted: 19:47:02 10/11/2012
Quote: Dingdongdan
I also have a skylander in limbo. Says shroomboom is in use, but he's nowhere to be found. Perhaps he ended up a topping on a Kaos pizza after all smilie

Now I'm having the same problem with my zap and slam bam. They have gone missing (it says they are in use but they are not)
---
Kickstarter:
Zing Blue Sparx Gems: 616
#16 Posted: 20:01:42 10/11/2012
Cloud patrol frame rate wasn't very good on my iPhone 4. It must be a slideshow on the 3GS.
Peridot Weapon Blue Sparx Gems: 947
#17 Posted: 20:28:51 10/11/2012
The only person I've had an issue with adding is Spyro - probably because the game isn't built to acknowledge Series 1 as a separate character (because everyone automatically starts with him).

Everyone else I've been able to add any alternate versions (S1 / S2 / Lightcore) where appropriate. Make sure you're trying to put in the right code - they display the crowns in reverse order, so if you have Cynder and the left crown is "unlit," that means you still need to put the Series TWO code in. (Green = S1 / Yellow = S2 / Glowing = Lightcore.)

I'm sure you already know that and your problems are "new version" related - just trying to think of anything that might NOT be "well, Activision needs to fix it so there's nothing that anyone else can do to help."

I've had a couple "hiccups" where the game lost track of one of my Skylanders, but using the "Bill Gates" solution (completely closing the app, turning the iPad off and restarting) made the Skylander come back on both cases. I'm assuming whatever other people are reporting is a more severe issue than that which lingers even after doing a full reboot.
#18 Posted: 21:38:14 10/11/2012
Ya I tried the full reboot of my iPhone about 5 times and still can't use my zap and slam bam so that's not it (ya I'm used to playing iPhone games so that's the first thing I tried)
---
Kickstarter:
Zing Blue Sparx Gems: 616
#19 Posted: 03:45:53 11/11/2012
I've entered in every single series 1 and 11 series 2 codes. No errors or problems at all. This includes the series 1 Spyro. The game is correctly recognizing when I have multiple versions of the same figure.
Winter Yellow Sparx Gems: 1502
#20 Posted: 04:30:50 11/11/2012
Glad I'm not the only one having this problem my gen 1 iPad has this game and I can't get some of my other characters like series 1 to register plus when I try to get more mabu to my kingdom via adding houses most of the time none of them show up!
---
Eon:"Perhaps I can tell you more about it...in time."
Winter: D-did Eon just troll me!?
Ryanator20x6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1848
#21 Posted: 11:36:11 11/11/2012
Quote: Zing
Cloud patrol frame rate wasn't very good on my iPhone 4. It must be a slideshow on the 3GS.

I'm pretty sure they don't support the 3GS anymore.
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
#22 Posted: 19:17:57 11/11/2012
Question for any of you with the disappearing skylander glitch. Did you move the advencher balloon while they where on an adventure? I was talking to one of my friends that had the same glitch and he thinks it is cosed if you move one of the advencher balloons while a skylander is on a quest on that balloon. Can any one that has a secend i-divice test it on a bogus install of the game with like spyro? Don't want to loose any more skylanders my self (and don't want any of you guys too loose any) but I want to know if this is the reason for the glitch.
---
Kickstarter:
#23 Posted: 20:21:19 11/11/2012
Quote: darkrai848
Question for any of you with the disappearing skylander glitch. Did you move the advencher balloon while they where on an adventure? I was talking to one of my friends that had the same glitch and he thinks it is cosed if you move one of the advencher balloons while a skylander is on a quest on that balloon. Can any one that has a secend i-divice test it on a bogus install of the game with like spyro? Don't want to loose any more skylanders my self (and don't want any of you guys too loose any) but I want to know if this is the reason for the glitch.

Hmmm. That's a possibility, because I just got hit with the glitch myself and had moved the balloon pad while the Skylander was off on an adventure. I'd done that before without an issue, though, so there's got to be more to it than that.

It might be something like it expects to return the Skylander to the same point that it took off from, even if the balloon pad has moved during that time. And if you've moved another building to where the pad USED to be, or another object like a Sheep or Troll Base is blocking that point, it causes an error because there's no place to put the Skylander so they end up stuck "In Use."

(I do remember seeing something odd in that I never saw the balloon land, but the icon to click on the pad for rewards just appeared out of nowhere. The other balloons in that set all landed as normal, so that was probably the time that the glitch took place.)

Don't quote me on that, because it's just an airy theory. But it does sound like good advice to only "redecorate" your islands when there are no Skylanders out on adventures.

I can't confirm it, because I don't have another device to try it on.
Fly Spyro Fly Green Sparx Gems: 446
#24 Posted: 20:27:52 11/11/2012
my Mabu count is zero, can anyone help?
#25 Posted: 20:35:29 11/11/2012
Quote: Fly Spyro Fly

Does your Mabu Population say 0/0 (meaning that no matter how many buildings you try to create, the number on the right just won't increase)? Or is it something like 0/20 (meaning that all your Mabu are currently "at work" in community buildings and you need to build more houses)?
#26 Posted: 20:53:22 11/11/2012
Has any one had any luck on getting an "in use" glitches skylander to come back?
---
Kickstarter:
#27 Posted: 21:04:08 11/11/2012
My Legendary Jet-Vac was already on an Adventure yet he was available to do other tasks like clearing Sheep Mobs. I didn't mess with this as I thought it might make him a limbo character but still something to report nonetheless. (FYI, once he actually finished the Adventure and got summoned back in he was still fine.)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:11:55 11/11/2012 by Nibelilt
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#28 Posted: 21:20:17 11/11/2012
Everytime i summon a skylander it says to summon yet a another one
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
#29 Posted: 02:40:28 12/11/2012
Quote: Peridot Weapon

Does your Mabu Population say 0/0 (meaning that no matter how many buildings you try to create, the number on the right just won't increase)? Or is it something like 0/20 (meaning that all your Mabu are currently "at work" in community buildings and you need to build more houses)?

For me it's the first one I can't build anything BECAUSE of it!
---
#30 Posted: 03:53:21 12/11/2012
Quote: Winter

Hmm. If your maximum number of Mabus available (the right number) is showing "zero," then I can't even come up with a GUESS what might be causing that. smilie

I was thinking there might be a glitch caused by selling a Mabu Housing Building and having the maximum number of Mabu drop below the minimum number needed to run all the buildings you own, after which it'd get confused and wouldn't give you new Mabu even when you built new houses.

Not even sure if the game will LET you sell below the # of Mabu needed (and with this other glitch affecting some people I don't really want to experiment!). Sounds like I'm on the wrong track anyway.

Nothing's ever easy to figure out - especially when I can't see the actual code that makes the game tick! smilie
#31 Posted: 04:20:35 12/11/2012
No you can sell the buildings below the # needed (I have done it several times) you just don't get any more till you billed the buildings back or different buildings. The 0 will change to red like 0/28 with the 0 being red. It will stay red till you add more buildings back to = 28 or what ever # it was.
---
Kickstarter:
#32 Posted: 07:27:13 12/11/2012

Hmm. If your maximum number of Mabus available (the right number) is showing "zero," then I can't even come up with a GUESS what might be causing that. smilie

I was thinking there might be a glitch caused by selling a Mabu Housing Building and having the maximum number of Mabu drop below the minimum number needed to run all the buildings you own, after which it'd get confused and wouldn't give you new Mabu even when you built new houses.

Not even sure if the game will LET you sell below the # of Mabu needed (and with this other glitch affecting some people I don't really want to experiment!). Sounds like I'm on the wrong track anyway.

Nothing's ever easy to figure out - especially when I can't see the actual code that makes the game tick! smilie

*read post wrong* Sorry what I meant was no matter how many houses I add hardly any mabu show up, for example I could have 4 huts that should house 1 mabu per hut (aka 4/4) but no mabu came with the huts (aka 0/4) and I haven't built any new buildings since Selena asked for a Logger, so it's rather annoying and tedious to buy any houses when NO. MABU. SHOW. UP.
---
#33 Posted: 08:48:40 12/11/2012
Sorry what I meant was no matter how many houses I add hardly any mabu show up, for example I could have 4 huts that should house 1 mabu per hut (aka 4/4) but no mabu came with the huts (aka 0/4) and I haven't built any new buildings since Selena asked for a Logger, so it's rather annoying and tedious to buy any houses when NO. MABU. SHOW. UP.

Huh. Weird. But that means you must have been getting Mabu at some point or you'd never have been able to build any Community buildings at all.

What does the game say your current Mabu population is when you click on the top-left corner of the screen (number/number)?
How many community buildings (Post Office, Bank, Logger) do you own right now?
If you have a Post Office and sell it, does the game give you the one Mabu back that is no longer working?

A possible idea would be to "sell" all your community buildings and then re-buy them (because they all just cost Mabu, not money) and see if that solves the problem. I can understand if you DON'T want to try that, though - because if you sell the building and don't get the Mabu back that you're supposed to, you won't be able to buy the building again and things will just get WORSE. smilie
#34 Posted: 19:30:58 14/11/2012
Well moving the balloon is not the only way to loose them (have not moved a balloon in like 2 days) and to day I lost 2 more skylanders from the the "in use" glitch, a totel of 4 now all water type too lol. So now 4 of my 6 water guys are gone only have wamshell and L slam bam left and what is worse is every other day the eliment of the day has been water. Hope they fix this soon
---
Kickstarter:
Star Dragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 5323
#35 Posted: 21:07:52 14/11/2012
I've had the 'in use' glitch happen to my Zap and Slam Bam today. I was able to use them both fine earlier but now I can't use either of them. It's been a couple of days ago since I moved any of my balloons around (I have 4) so there might be something else that causes the glitch.

Edit: I've lost Warnado now. I haven't moved any balloons around for a week.
---
What! Marco sent you here? I've got a restraining order against him! - Rapunzel, Spyro 3
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:03:41 19/11/2012 by Star Dragon
#36 Posted: 21:59:07 14/11/2012
Just out of curiosity, has anyone ever had the "Forever In Use" Skylander glitch happen when they were doing something OTHER than going on an Adventure? My one lost Skylander (Legendary Stealth Elf - a bit TOO legendary now, I fear) was from when I got the money from the adventure but she somehow never made it home.

And have people lost Skylanders that they actually "own?" Legendary Stealth Elf is my only 'spin only' character in my collection, and the only one that got lost. That's probably just a coincidence, but there might be an issue with the free characters.
#37 Posted: 23:29:48 14/11/2012
no all 4 "lost ones" where lost on advenchers but they where all ones i own, some i even owned both s1 and s2 of
edit the 2 i lost today happened when the game lagged when my 5 ballloon came back at one time and only 3 skylanders came out of the balloons the other 2 balloons where empty smilie
---
Kickstarter:
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:33:22 14/11/2012 by darkrai848
randante Red Sparx Gems: 21
#38 Posted: 01:26:29 15/11/2012
yea I lost 3 of my skylanders, like "in use" forever after baloon adventures... I hate it coz nowhere to report.. i just hope Activision realize this glitch and they are able to fix it for us...
Diggeh Emerald Sparx Gems: 3153
#39 Posted: 05:26:13 15/11/2012
Spyro and Prism Break are stuck "In Use" purgatory as well. smilie
ThePunchPopFizz Green Sparx Gems: 258
#40 Posted: 05:42:31 15/11/2012
I have yet to have the in use problem. Maybe I'm just lucky.

There will most likely be a huge update when battlegrounds comes out and none until then. We shall see.
---
Ravens Nation.
Activate: PunchPopFizz
#41 Posted: 10:20:33 15/11/2012
Quote: ThePunchPopFizz
There will most likely be a huge update when battlegrounds comes out and none until then. We shall see.

I think the teams working on Cloud Patrol, Lost Islands and Battlegrounds are three completely unrelated groups (other than they're all paid by Activision).

The release of Battlegrounds doesn't mean THIS game will get an update - if that was the case, they wouldn't have included Royal Double Trouble in advance.

I don't expect a major update for Lost Islands until Wave 3 (and beyond?) have come out and they need to add the remaining characters into the game. That may not be until next year.

There will hopefully be a MINOR update between now and then where they fix the issues with Mabu and Skylanders becoming Lost in Lost Islands, but that would be going from Version 1.1.0 to Version 1.1.1.

Hopefully they'll add in an "are you sure you want to spend those gems?" warning when they do that; I've already wasted a few gems a couple times when speedily clicking through buildings. Right now, you're one "mis-tap" away from accidentally spending up to 200 gems on building acceleration! :/
matthewgerber Blue Sparx Gems: 662
#42 Posted: 07:25:46 16/11/2012
I seem to be having the opposite problem from everyone else: I have TOO MANY Skylanders!

I'll put one on a task, and even though the task is ongoing, I'll find them walking around. I learned the hard way to leave them be though! Trying to use them on a second task crashes the app.

So for all of you missing Skylanders in Lost Islands? They're visiting my game! smilie
---
Portal Master Blaze Brightsun @ Skylanders:Universe
#43 Posted: 10:49:49 16/11/2012
^ This.
Advisor_Orville Yellow Sparx Gems: 1083
#44 Posted: 23:40:09 16/11/2012
Hi All,

I can confirm that the team at Vicarious Visions has reproduced and implemented a fix for the "In Use" bug that many of you are reporting here. You may have seen our updated App Description note which reads:

"Skylanders stuck “in use?” - We are aware that some of you are experiencing an issue where Skylanders seem disappear and be stuck “in use.” Check back soon for an app update that will free up your Skylanders and prevent this from happening again! "

We realize this is a very frustrating bug. An App update with the fix is coming soon. Thanks for your patience!

-Advisor Orville
ViDeOmAnCiNi Platinum Sparx Gems: 7055
#45 Posted: 04:54:55 17/11/2012
Has anyone else run out of quests? My quest menu on the lower left is empty except for telling me to "upgrade my kingdom to level X" which I am slowly working towards (takes a LOT of XP). Granted I have completed a crud-load of quests and maybe I have done them all and the APP has 'run out' of quests for me to do at the moment. If I level up a fig to lvl 5 I can get the figs specific element based quests (they appear above their head as a scroll), but all regular quests seem to have run dry. Has anyone else gotten to this point? Will more appear on a daily basis?

Just wonderin'

-VM
---
♫ "Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I live for my dream and a pocketful of gold" ♫

FiUSAwS:G! http://bit.ly/R3L1lb
#46 Posted: 05:30:23 17/11/2012
Quote: ViDeOmAnCiNi
Has anyone else run out of quests?

What level are you? New quests (or series of 2 to 4 related quests) seem to appear when you level up (usually around the new buildings or decorations you unlock), when you add a new Element of Skylander into the game for the first time (and are at least Level 6 or 7), and when you get a Skylander to Level 5.

There must be a finite number of quests, though, especially once you get into Level 20+.

But given how just about EVERY Element or Skylander quest ends with at least ONE "do a 22-hour Adventure," if you've competely run out of quests it means you only own a couple Skylanders or you've been doing a lot of that Kaos-inspired Time Manipulation. smilie
#47 Posted: 05:54:26 17/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Nice to see you have identified and are correcting the In-Use bug.

Any news on the issues many of us are having registering our web codes? It does not matter which series is registered first, the game does not seem to allow registration of another code for the same character even though the code is from the other series or a lightcore figure.
#48 Posted: 06:10:06 17/11/2012
Quote: Alliana
Any news on the issues many of us are having registering our web codes? It does not matter which series is registered first, the game does not seem to allow registration of another code for the same character even though the code is from the other series or a lightcore figure.

You were playing the game before the US version came out, right? Because I don't think any of us who started with Version 1.1.0 as our first version have that problem - other than the fact that most, if not all of us, can't register Spyro Series 1.

It sounds like some sort of glitch when the versions upgraded. I've been able to add all my 'duplicate' Skylanders without an issue - other than the game occasionally forgets to display all the proper crowns sometimes (it still knows I have them and won't let me re-register, and if I go back to that element page a minute or two later they'll show up properly that time).

In regards to your first post, my version doesn't require adding the same Skylander "versions" at the same time, either - I added V2 versions of Drill Sergeant, Stump Smash, Terrafin and Zook this week after having added the V1s a few days earlier. <Shrug> I dunno.

Other than an extra 250 Energy for each duplicate Skylander registered, there's no in-game benefit that you're missing for not being able to add them all ... but I can understand how if you own that many figures, you'd want the game to properly display them. (Even if it currently has crowns for a few Series 2 and Lightcore figures that don't exist yet!)
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 06:14:07 17/11/2012 by Peridot Weapon
#49 Posted: 06:27:34 17/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Yes, I was, but that seems to have nothing to do with it. I have several iDevices, 2 ipads and 2 ipods, all of them with the same issue. iPad #1 was upgraded, all crown indicators blanked out and needed to be readded. iPad #2 and both iPods were fresh installs to test what was going on, all 3 had the same issue. So far I have managed to add Series 1 & 2 codes for Cynder and Trigger Happy, no others, and Spyro will not unlock with any of the 3 web codes I have for him on any device when he was unlocked no problems in version 1.0.0.
#50 Posted: 14:42:46 17/11/2012
No I started with USA release 1.1.0 and I still have the glitch where I can't register both s1 and s2 so that's not it
---
Kickstarter:
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me