Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Social Feature [CLOSED]
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#1 Posted: 16:48:11 31/10/2012 | Topic Creator
This is not a Lost Islands specific issue, but at the moment I can't really think of another place to put it.
According to Joystiq, Activision will make a new social platform(name of which currently escapes me)...
With Facebook as its login key.

This, just, so stupid. No. No. No.
Facebook in itself, in my opinion, is quite stupid. This is a rant for another day, but, why is Facebook the login feature? Or even related to the game at all?
Little kids play Skylanders, and I don't think many little kids have a Facebook account. But... Just...

NEARGHNEARGHNEARGH.
Seriously, it just bothers me if I want to use the online features I'll be forced to make a Facebook account. I hate Facebook. And I shouldn't be forced to make a second account somewhere to make an account on the new feature group anyway, especially since I'm never going to use the other.

And... Why not just GameCenter? That would have been perfect. It's already built into the iOS, plus, I really don't see as many currently releasing games utilizing it for online features as there were at first- though maybe that's just me.

Am I the only one?
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#2 Posted: 16:56:26 31/10/2012
So many games use Facebook now. I loathe Facebook.

There are games on Facebook, but I'd never use them. I know loads of people out there think it's awesome and all, but I think it sucks, personally, and I'd rather Game Center be used. It's actually much safer, particularly for kids.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
Ryanator20x6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1848
#3 Posted: 18:53:55 31/10/2012
I LOVE Google+. To me Facebook is pointless because of it.
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
Fernandez2 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1119
#4 Posted: 12:11:49 01/11/2012
Quote: Ryanator20x6
I LOVE Google+. To me Facebook is pointless because of it.

I guess it's just a matter of preference....I'm opposite to you. Well I don't LOVE Facebook.....but For me Google+ is pointless because of Facebook......just a matter of preferences
Krownz Red Sparx Gems: 88
#5 Posted: 07:24:32 09/11/2012
You can make an ACTIVATE account without Facebook. Simple email sign up.

It's not a big deal, guys.
---
For the Horde!
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#6 Posted: 07:35:29 09/11/2012 | Topic Creator
I am confused.
What use does FB have with the game? Is it basically just advertised next to it? I don't really mind signing for Acti but Failbook is penultimate do not want!
Zing Blue Sparx Gems: 616
#7 Posted: 17:41:36 09/11/2012
Facebook is an alternate method of logging in. I'm sure they will also use the "Activate" service once the networking feature is enabled. Facebook integration allows you to add people who are not on Activate, so I imagine it is a useful feature for many people.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me