Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
So far so good. [CLOSED]
dasme Green Sparx Gems: 236
#1 Posted: 17:28:46 30/10/2012 | Topic Creator
I've been playing this game for a day now, and so far I quite like it. It's one part farmville clone, and one part Skylanders.New skylanders are unlocked randomly every 5 levels, or you can do it immediately with premium currency or through the webcodes included with your characters. Since I have the whole series 1 set I was able to fully unlock my character list (minus the legendaries for now), and can play as any Skylander in game. You get a nice energy bonus when you unlock a character this way as well, which is a nice surprise.

Each character can level up by doing quests (require energy), this gets you gold and character XP. Your land as a whole can level up as well but collecting XP from buildings. New levels for your kingdom unlock other quests and items. Seems like there will be quite the grind treadmill here as there are so many things to level up.

You can only activate series 1 toys in the game so far, though I'm sure the Giants characters will come soon.

So far, it's enjoyable. time will tell if I'll keep playing though.
#2 Posted: 18:05:25 30/10/2012 | Topic Creator
Here is a snap of my village currently.

[User Posted Image]
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#3 Posted: 20:04:58 30/10/2012
Looks neat! iPad only ya? I'm torn between buying an iPod or iPad Mini in a month or two
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Ryanator20x6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1848
#4 Posted: 22:51:25 30/10/2012
Nexus man!
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
#5 Posted: 14:48:06 31/10/2012 | Topic Creator
Yeah, it's iPad only for now. I'm sure it'll make the jump to Android tablets at some point. With Activision coming out with their own mobile social network for these games, you know they have a lot invested in the platform.
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#6 Posted: 16:39:11 31/10/2012
How is the IRL cash currency balance? I hope this isn't like Tap Zoo where you need to spend $60 for a family of Komodo dragons...
Alliana Green Sparx Gems: 311
#7 Posted: 05:32:04 01/11/2012
Quote: Nibelilt
How is the IRL cash currency balance? I hope this isn't like Tap Zoo where you need to spend $60 for a family of Komodo dragons...

$1.99 for 100 gems, which basically buys 1 premium building for your island, can't remember how much it was to unlock a Skylander because I put all my web codes in. There are a number of premium items, especially housing, so it can be easy to spend a fair bit of RL money on this little game. Then again, I guess that's the whole idea.
#8 Posted: 06:50:19 01/11/2012
Oh gosh, no, that sounds too expensive, especially considering you already buy the toys for so much.
Is there any way to get gems ingame without spending money?
Zing Blue Sparx Gems: 616
#9 Posted: 06:00:31 09/11/2012
I've been playing it for a couple hours. You don't need gems for anything. It's only for the impatient. I currently have 27 gems just from doing what I would do normally, and I have spent maybe a dozen gems on random stuff (5 of those were on a mandatory quest).

You need energy to go on adventures, which give you coins. You then spend the coins on upgrading your island. All you need is time, not gems.
#10 Posted: 06:00:55 09/11/2012
PS: It isn't "iPad only". I have been playing it on my iPhone as well.
Alliana Green Sparx Gems: 311
#11 Posted: 06:29:28 09/11/2012
It's not only for the impatient, there are decorations and buildings to be bought with gems. As always, the nicer looking items cost gems though.
#12 Posted: 07:36:42 09/11/2012
^ Yes... Sadly... I'm at 29 Gems at the moment, I haven't spent a dime or used any of mine... Far way off from getting a lot of stuff. It's my only big problem with it at this moment, the game is really good but you're just locked out of too much without them.
#13 Posted: 16:57:13 09/11/2012
This is how "Skylanders Universe" should have been.

I've reached the point where I have several wooden houses and am doing the higher level adventures. I can basically just check my phone about once every 30 minutes. It's a little bit of relief after the hectic 1-2 minute actions at low level. I'm about to hit kingdom level 7.
Peridot Weapon Blue Sparx Gems: 947
#14 Posted: 01:05:26 10/11/2012
The most "game enhancing" Gem purchase would probably be the Adventure Airship. It gives a +25% Gold and +25% Skylander XP bonus for any adventures done using it - and more importantly, I don't think it counts as an Adventure Balloon, so you could go beyond your "level limit" in regards to how many Skylanders you can have going on adventures at once.

Of course, such an advantage comes at a hefty price - it costs 400 Gems to obtain one, which will probably take weeks of consistent play to earn normally. You could also buy 375 gems for $6.98 and get the other 25 quickly through normal play.

But you could also put that money towards another Skylander ... and the faster you're able to progress through a "Farmville"-style game, the faster you'll lose interest in it ...
sonsilv2 Blue Sparx Gems: 835
#15 Posted: 11:32:00 10/11/2012
this is not only on ipad it is on ios and iphone
WhamShellBoss Red Sparx Gems: 66
#16 Posted: 23:20:44 11/11/2012
I'm really liking this game soo far. Only problem is I lost the code to my gill grunt smilie I already have zook,tree rex, swarm, Dino rang, stump smash, trigger happy, drill Sargent, boomer, eruptor, spyro, double trouble, bash, slam bam, whirlwind, and ghost roaster
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me