Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Evening: A New Legacy [CLOSED]
IamCynder Green Sparx Gems: 462
#1 Posted: 16:10:35 29/06/2008 | Topic Creator
Chapter 1

"Spyro! The eggs are coming!" Cynder shouted in agony. "Breathe, Cynder, breathe!" Spyro shouted. Suddenly, Cynder laid four eggs. "Spyro, promise me that the next time we want eggs, that you'll wait until the year of the dragon." Cynder asked. "Yes, yes, of course. Spyro said, not really listening, he just looked at the four eggs proudly. One was a purple egg, one that was relatively rare in Avalar, but not as rare as they used to be. One was a dark blue egg that seemed to move as the water moved. Another was a pink egg, and the last was an egg like Cynder's, it was a deep never ending black with a fog surrounding the surface of the egg.

"Well Spyro, now all we have to do is wait." Cynder replied, curling her body around the four eggs. "Yes Cynder, all we have to do is wait." Spyro replied. Spyro and Cynder waited a week before the eggs finally began to crack. The purple egg was the first to hatch, to Spyro's pleasure. This young purple was very sleepy and curled up next to Cynder with a big yawn and slept. The next egg that hatched was the pink, the young dragon that hatched was a beautiful girl, with elegant wings that were still a bit too small for flying. "I think that she will have less powerful flight than the others." Cynder said sadly. The third egg to hatch was the dark blue. From the egg hatched a dragon with no wings at all! Instead, it had powerful webbed feet that could help it swim relatively anywhere. Spyro just looked at it in dismay as it weakly waddled over to Cynder's body. The fourth egg wasn't even cracked. "Perhaps it is a late bloomer." Cynder said sadly. All that Spyro could do was walk over to his unborn egg and lick it sadly. He found it to be cold, too cold to harbor a baby inside.

Spyro began to push the egg to the side of the cavern when Cynder yelled, "Spyro! What do you think you are doing?" "I'm getting rid of the egg, it won't hatch." Spyro replied tartly. "I don't want to see another hatchling without wings." Spyro said angrily as he pushed it over the edge. "No!" Cynder gasped as she flew after her egg. She watched helplessly as it plummeted toward the earth. She angrily flew back to the cave, enraged. "I suppose that you'll throw those hatchlings out because they're sleeping" Cynder yelled furiously at Spyro. "While I take care of the hatchlings, I expect you to retrive every last eggshell fragment from the bottom of this mountain and bring them back up here!" Spyro reluctantly listent, and descended to the bottom of the mountain.

To Spyro's surprise and wonder, the egg was still completely in tact. He happily flew back to the cave to show Cynder, but found her gone with the hatchlings. Spyro knew that Cynder probably wouldn't be back, so he sadly curled around the egg and slept. Little did Spyro know, the nest had been attacked, and Cynder with the three hatchlings, captured.

"Move along, dragons!" The hooded figure said. "And what if we don't?" Cynder asked angrily. As a reply, the figure simply summoned a stunning ball and hit Cynder with it. Cynder recoiled and snappily replied, "Is that all you got?" "I don't have time for childish dragon games." The hooded figure said, binding Cynder's mouth. "Now, MOVE ALONG!" she yelled. Cynder, unable to reply, simply herded her young ones as they traveled to a dark fortress in the distance.

Cynder and the hatchlings were mercilessly thrown into a small cell with no windows, and metal bars that even a dragon couldn't break. The hooded figure didn't even remove the bind from Cynder's mouth. Cynder looked helplessly at her young hatchlings. The purple was still tired, the pink had a puncture in one of her small wings, and the blue could barely waddle. She sighed and quickly used a claw to remove her bind.

"Come here, young ones." She said unhappily as the three hatchlings happily came close to their mother. "As a wise old dragon once said, may the ancestors look after you, may they look after us all." Cynder said as she began to fall asleep, just as the hooded figure came back.

When Cynder awoke, her hatchlings were gone, and she had a metal muzzle across her face, when she tried to claw at the muzzle, she found that her paws were chained to the floor. She decided to try and fly, when she found holes in her wings attached to a metal chain that too, was attached to the floor. She wanted to use her tail, but of course it was solidly chained to the floor.

"How do you like your new arrangement?" The hooded figure asked darkly. "This is how you shall slowly die, your hatchlings will soon be trained to obey me, and then Avalar will belong to me!" The hooded figure then removed the hood, and Cynder stared in horror at the creature that was hidden under the hood. It was rather small, and was only the size of one of the hatchlings. "Yes, Cynder, you ruined the Skavengers' ships, and now you too shall be destroyed." Scratch said as he flew off, away from Cynder and towards the hatchlings.

When Spyro awoke, he didn't see Cynder, and then he remembered that she left, so he looked forlornly at the small egg and asked, "What am I to do." As if in response, the egg began to crack. Spyro watched as the egg split perfectly in half, and a small, black, she-dragon came out. She reminded Spyro of Cynder, after all, she was black, and had the same tail spike as Cynder. Her wings were black, and tipped with the start of a small claw, there was a dark blue membrane to her wings, she had small, wavy dark blue crests, had the same horns as Cynder, and had light blue eyes with a black pupil. Spyro thought for a long time about what to name his beautiful daughter, and he named her Evening, although he grew fond of calling her Eve.

Eve began growing up fast, in one week she was large enough to learn her breaths. Spyro taught her how to blow a breath out of her mouth, and she breathed a poison breath that put a hole in the solid rock. Spyro looked down at her, utterly amazed, and all that Eve could manage was a sheepish smile. She then tried another time and this time she breathed Convexity. Spyro knew that the most breaths that a dragon that wasn't purple could breathe was two, so he knew that Eve's abilities were Convexity and Poison.

Evening and Spyro soon had an unbreakable father daughter bond. Spyro never told Eve that she had brothers, a sister, and a mother, and Evening never asked for more thane the small family she had. But that would all soon change.
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#2 Posted: 16:20:48 29/06/2008
Kwl! Good story!
#3 Posted: 16:31:03 29/06/2008 | Topic Creator
THX!
#4 Posted: 16:34:25 29/06/2008
It reminds me of this documentry on Dragons that I saw, the male kept killing the eggs smilie
#5 Posted: 17:23:41 29/06/2008 | Topic Creator
ACK!
#6 Posted: 18:18:09 29/06/2008
Con-tin-ue!
#7 Posted: 19:57:23 29/06/2008 | Topic Creator
Chapter 4

The young hatchlings were at a loss without their mother. They didn't know how to speak and they didn't know their names. As they were mewling for their mother, Scratch flew in. "You are all to be trained to obey me." He said as his assistant, a hooded figure that had mocha colored fur walked in. "Now then, Bianca I want you to place a spell over these creatures and make them obey me." Scratch said, flying out of the room.

Bianca removed her hood to show that she was a rabbit with her ears laid back on her head. "Forgive me little fellas." She said pitifully as she began to cast her spell. The pink dragon could sense the dark magic in the spell and jumped back just before it hit. "Now now then little girl, I don't want to hurt you." Bianca said. Bianca powered up another orb, and this time the pink dragon stayed still, hoping that the magic wasn't as dark as she thought.

The dragons were all confused when Bianca left, they couldn't think straight. The only thought in their mind was to obey anything that Scratch said. "It is done." Bianca said to Scratch as she walked into the chamber that Cynder was being held in. "Good." Scratch said, flying off to see his minions.

When Scratch got to the chamber, he stared at his pitiful crew. He first looked at the little blue one, with no wings, and unsturdy on land he wasn't worth the hassle, so Scratch mercilessly grabbed a spear and was just about to drive it into the little dragon's head when Cynder flew into the room, she snarled angrily at Scratch. "How did you escape?" Scratch asked angrily. "You should really keep an eye on your assistants." Cynder said throwing all of her weight on top of Scratch.

"Once I am done with you, she won't be a problem!" Scratch said, driving the spear into Cynder's heart. Cynder gasped, and with the last of her strength, Cynder used a Shadow Fury, killing Scratch, and herself. The hatchlings all walked over to their mother, and finding that she was dead, cried pitifully.

Bianca slowly walked into the room, and seeing that the small creatures were crying, she gathered them into her arms and said, "I promise that I will take care of you." And with that said, Bianca and the orphan hatchlings cried into the night.

"Come on dad! Catch up!" Evening yelled playfully as she flew into the sky. "I'm coming! You're even faster than your mother!" Spyro said, not thinking about what he was saying. "Mother?" Evening asked, curious. "I thought you said I was born in the year of the dragon." Spyro sighed, and said, "No, you had a mother, and siblings, three of them, but they left."

Eve felt tears welling up in her eyes. "Why did they leave?" Spyro landed and Eve followed, and as calmly as he could, he said, "I pushed your egg out of the nest, because your egg didn't hatch." This was more than Eve could take, her father tried to kill her. She flew off, leaving Spyro alone.

Eve soon came upon Malefor. "Is this really the place that you met Hunter, and defeated Malefor in one final battle?" Evening wondered aloud. "I know it is." A voice said. "Who is that?" Eve asked, looking around. "Hey! Watch where you're moving that tail!" The voice said again. "Uncle Sparx?" Evening asked curiously. "I thought that dad lost you during the battle with Malefor." "If by dad you mean Spyro, then I was gone for much longer than I thought." Sparx replied, flying out from behind Evening's tail.

"And since you already know my name, may I ask what yours is?" Sparx asked. "Evening, but my friends call me Eve." Eve replied, looking at her long lost uncle. "So, where is the big lug anyways?" Sparx said looking around. "I left." Evening said simply. "Why would you leave Spyro and Cynder?!" Sparx asked, surprised. "Because, Spyro never told me that I had a mother, that she left." Evening said crisply.

"I hope that you can explain some more of this." Sparx said, resting on a rock. Eve told Sparx the entire story of her life, from the minute she hatched to the moment she met Sparx. "Well kid, I think that Spyro was trying to protect you when he didn't say that you had a mother." Sparx replied. "That's what my parents did with Spyro." "What do you mean?" Evening asked. Sparx told Eve the story of Spyro's life, and the way that his parents didn't tell Spyro of where he came from for many years.

"I don't suppose that you know the way back to the cliffs?" Eve asked, ready to return to Spyro. "No, but I think I know someone who does." Sparx replied. "Follow me!"

"Come on! Ember, Hydro, Ragnar! Dinner!" Bianca yelled, pouring some of her homemade vegetable stew into three seperate dishes, Ember's was pink with flowers on it, Hydro's was blue with designs like waves, and Ragnar's was purple with some zig-zag designs. "Race ya!" Ragnar yelled as he ran off, leaving Ember and Hydro dazed. Hydro was more serpentine than Ember and Ragnar, his tail was longer, and he had no wings for balance, so he dived into the pool of water that led to the dining room and began swimming. Ember, the smallest of the three knew some shortcuts, so she began to charge into a sewage pipe.

Hydro jumped out of the water and waited for the others to arrive, Ember came flying out of a rat hole, covered in slime and cobwebs, and Ragnar came last, out of breath. "Sometimes I worry about you three." Bianca said as the dragons ran to their food dishes and began to eat. Ragnar practically dived into the dish, slopping everywhere and coming back up with his face covered in stew. Hydro used his claws to take out the tasty vegetables, but left the fluid part be. Ember, unlike her brothers would gently lower her tongue into the stew and lap up all of the fluid, and then she would eat the vegetables.

Bianca knew that she couldn't keep these little dragons forever, and it hurt her to know that she had to get rid of them. She couldn't take care of them when they got larger, so she planned to break it to them slowly and then tell them to leave. She was going to tell them this tonight. "Alright guys, Ember, Ragnar you two need baths and Hydro, you need a quick swim." After Ember, Ragnar, and Hydro were all clean, Bianca began to tell them.

"Um, guys you can't stay here." She said sadly. Ember, who could understand emotions better than most creatures looked up sadly at Bianca and said, "If you are so sad about this, why are you making us leave." Bianca sighed, she knew this wouldn't be easy. "Because, I can't take care of you forever." Even Ragnar looked sad at this, and the three dragons began to cry. "You are not hatchlings anymore! Now leave!" Bianca shouted sternly. "Please." She said quietly.

"But-" Ragnar began, but Ember quited him, and ushered them out of the room. "Why did you do that?" Ragnar asked angrily. "Because she couldn't take anymore of it." Ember said. "Guys, how can I leave?" Hydro asked looking at the cliff before them. "You climb." Ember replied. "What?!" Hydro asked, appaled. "I've seen you climb before, I'm sure you can get to the bottom of this cliff easily." Ember replied.

"If you insist." Hydro gulped as he began his descent. By the time Ragnar and Ember glided to the bottom, Hydro was happily swimming in the river below. "You were right Ember!" Hydro exclaimed. "It was easy!" "Of course I was right." Ember replied giving Hydro an affectionate lick. "I'm your sister." "Now where are we going to go?" Ragnar asked with a yawn. "What about the place where we were born?" Ember suggested. "We don't even know where we were born!" Ragnar snarled. "I'm sure that the three of us together could easily find it." Ember replied snappily, come on! let's go!" And with that the three dragons began their journey, but little did they know of Bianca's fate after they left.
DragonFriend244 Blue Sparx Gems: 767
#8 Posted: 20:25:49 29/06/2008
Cynder DIED? That's terrible!
Last edited at 20:27:18 29/06/2008 by DragonFriend244
#9 Posted: 20:33:31 29/06/2008 | Topic Creator
She'll come up now and again still...
Dragonhope Gold Sparx Gems: 2992
#10 Posted: 21:38:44 29/06/2008
Want me to desgin your characters for ya? I'll keep them nice and formal.
---
Gaccha! Tanoshii dyueru dattaze!
[smilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie]
#11 Posted: 02:16:15 30/06/2008 | Topic Creator
well, Razzek drew Evening already...
(I'll post the link someday) but you can desighn all fo the other characters if you want to.
#12 Posted: 15:17:34 30/06/2008
U MONSTER U KILLED CYNDER! JK! Im worse, I killed Spyro in my fanfic smilie
#13 Posted: 15:24:05 30/06/2008
Ya but he was brought back to life.
#14 Posted: 15:35:13 30/06/2008
U read smilie?
#15 Posted: 15:39:44 30/06/2008
Ya I read your story.smilie I really like it.
Night Owl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1942
#16 Posted: 15:46:45 30/06/2008
I LOVE YOUR STORY!!
---
Back from hibernation.
Night Owl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1942
#17 Posted: 16:09:05 30/06/2008
you r mean Dark Tooth
---
Back from hibernation.
#18 Posted: 18:41:48 30/06/2008
Yes anyway, CON-TIN-UE!
SequoiaDragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3930
#19 Posted: 19:11:38 30/06/2008
More, please! smilie
---
My book Harahpin is now on sale! smilie
sapphire Emerald Sparx Gems: 4822
#20 Posted: 19:19:48 30/06/2008
^
^
what sd said! smilie

p.s i posted some of my story on here!> spyro lair: sapphire and garnet!
---
Trust your instincts. ~Caithe
#21 Posted: 19:52:45 30/06/2008
Quote: IamCynder
well, Razzek drew Evening already...
(I'll post the link someday) but you can desighn all fo the other characters if you want to.
I'm working on it by the way the dragon are created through the generator while the villans may take time.
---
#22 Posted: 00:20:50 01/07/2008 | Topic Creator
Chapter 7

Spyro's heart was broken beyond repair, first he lost Cynder, then Evening. He didn't even have Sparx to joke around with. He breathed a heavy sigh, he didn't have much of a reason to live anymore. Spyro didn't eat, sleep, fly, or do anything for the next few weeks. He was so weak now, that even if he did want to do anything, he couldn't. This was the perfect chance for an attack.

A young male dragon, a deep shade of orange sat on a rock at the bottom of the cliff. He had been watching the purple and now was his chance to attack. The cave embedded in the cliff was the choice spot for a growing male, and as far as the orange dragon was concerned, the purple was in his way. The orange dragon was special, he could change his scale color to blend into his surroundings. as he climbed the rock he turned a dull gray to prevent any suspicion.

Spyro didn't notice the flickering shadow of the orange dragon in his den, he just sighed and heaved himself up to his haunches. "Just take me now! Why do I have to suffer for so long?" Spyro wailed. "Allow me to take care of that!" The orange dragon said, jumping out of the shadows and becoming his normal color again. "I may be weak, but I will die in this cave of my own free will." Spyro snarled. "As if you could defeat me, old man." The orange snarled.

"Do you know who I am?" Spyro asked. "I rescued these lands, and destroyed Malefor. Do you expect me to be defeated by a dragon whelping?" "No I don't care who you are." The orange responded. "All I care about is destroying you." "Bring it." Spyro said. "With pleasure." The orange responded as he pounced. Spyro slid away with ease. "You'll have to do better than that!" Spyro scoffed. The orange dragon snarled again and tried to rake his claws across Spyro's stomach. Instead, he hit the cave wall and one of his claws fell off, he was now bleeding heavily. "You self inflict yourself with pain. You certainly are not wise." Spyro said, "You need wisdom to defeat me!" Spyro faked a scratch on the orange dragon's head and lunged underneath to take a bite of flesh out. The orange roared in pain. Before Spyro could get out from underneath him, he rolled over and pinned Spyro down. "Now you cannot escape." The orange said as he moved in for the final kill, a blow to the throat. "I am Flame." he roared. "And you talk too much." Spyro responded as he used his free hind legs to gouge out Flame's eyes. "Now leave, you are helpless without your sight." Spyro yelled. "I will return." Flame announced as he flew off into the sky.

"Moron." Spyro muttered as he laid down to sleep.

Bianca had just sent her little hatchlings away when she heard someone or something enter her home. She looked around for a while, and finding nothing, decided to try and get some sleep. Bianca had finally fallen asleep when Flame revealed himself. "That purple dragon may have destroyed my sight, but I can still hear smell, and feel." He muttered under his breath. "And I smell lunch." Flame carefully walked over to the sleeping figure of Bianca and moved his head so that it looked as if hes was looking down upon her.

"So sad that the little bunny rabbit has to die before it can see tomorrow." Flame said, a little too loudly, for he awoke Bianca. "What are you doing in my home? There is nothing for you here!" Bianca said furiously. "I'm here for lunch." Flame responded. Bianca thought about feeding this orange creature, but she only fed those she loved. "The only creatures I ever fed were my hatchlings, but they are long gone." Bianca responded. Flame laughed. "Foolish rabbit, I am not here for you to feed me, I am here to eat you."

"I'm not going down without a fight." Bianca responded, summoning her magic. "Heh, the last time I heard that, I destroyed a purple dragon." Flame said, lying. Bianca could sense this, and she responded. "No, you couldn't even defeat a weakened dragon, that's why you're bleeding!"

Flame snarled angrily, and before Bianca could even think, he took his front paws and as slowly and painfully as possible he began to rip her head off. Bianca screamed as Flame mercilessly ripped her flesh. Flame laughed hideously and just before her head would've fallen off he stopped. Bianca had blood spurting from her neck, and she opened her mouth to speak, but all that came out was a bubble of blood. Bianca did the only thing she could, she cast a spell, warning the creatures that had the talent to tune themselves into danger.

"Pitiful magic!" Flame sneered. "It cannot save you now!" Flame took his tail and lashed her arms until they were red, then he slowly tore her legs off, forcing more blood to gush out. "I will now leave you here to die!" Flame announced as he flew away. Bianca felt herself weakening, slowly dieing, ever so painfully. The last thing she said was, "Help Eve." Even though she never met Evening. And she took one last rasping breath, her eyes closed, then fluttered open, then closed again. And she died.

Sparx led Evening to a gathering of cheetahs. "Sparx, why are we here, with Cheetahs?" Evening asked suspiciously. "Because Hunter knows where everything is in Avalar" Sparx snappily replied. Eve followed Sparx silently the rest of the way. The dragonfly led Eve into a clearing where a Cheetah with a cloak was shooting arrows at a target on a tree. "Hunter! Buddy!" Sparx shouted. Hunter was so surprised that his arrow missed the target, hit off of a rock and embedded itself in Eve's front left elbow. "Ow!" She exclaimed as she pulled it out.

"Sparx, who is this?" Hunter asked curiously. "Oh, Hunter, this is Evening, Evening, this is Hunter." Sparx replied. "Pleased to meet you." Eve said, as she got a headache so major that she had to lay down. "Are you okay?" Hunter asked. "I'm f-" Evening was cut off as she blacked out. "Help, help." A voice said in the distance. Evening ran so fast toward the voice that she didn't notice that the place she was in described the place that Spyro first found his Convexity breath. When Eve finally glided to the place where the voice was, she found a dying rabbit lying on the ground, well what used to be a rabbit anyways. She had no legs, her head was almost completely pulled off, and her arms were red and swollen.

Evening looked down pitifully at the poor creature. "What can I do to help?" She asked sadly. "Make it end." The rabbit replied. "Please." Evening, obeying the dying creature gently pulled the rabbit's head off the rest of the way. As Evening did this, Bianca died in the real world. All of a sudden, the rabbit disappeared, and in it's place stood Cynder. "Mom?" Evening asked, unsure. Cynder smiled. "Evening." "Mom, where are we?" Eve asked, confused. "We are in a world beyond the other worlds, the Convexity, however this Convexity is where dead beings can rest. "Mom, am I... dead?" Eve asked. "No, you were merely summoned here to help Bianca." Cynder responded giving Eve an affectionate lick.

"You're dead, aren't you?" Eve asked sadly. "Yes, but I died to let you hatch." Cynder replied. "You see, you couldn't hatch without death, you are a very special creature. A dragon rarer than a purple, you are a dragon who can control death." "But, why did you have to die?" Evening asked, beginning to cry. "Because my purpose on Avalar was over, and you were meant to be alive." Cynder responded, fading away. "I'll find a way to bring you back mom, I will." Eve said crying. SHe felt herself going back to Avalar.

"Evening!" Sparx shouted joyously. "You weren't breathing!" Evening wasn't in the mood for any of Sparx's antics. She flew off, to go somewhere in peace, and to think of what happened. She wanted to see her mother again.
Dragon Lover Emerald Sparx Gems: 4649
#23 Posted: 00:38:25 01/07/2008
Oooh, I like the story. Death, blood, smilie. I like stories with such content.
Good writer, IamCynder. smilie
#24 Posted: 00:53:05 01/07/2008 | Topic Creator
this fanfic has such a sad ending that I cry everytime I think about it.
Spyro LUVA Blue Sparx Gems: 638
#25 Posted: 02:08:40 01/07/2008
Cool story, I'll finish it later. Read my story too please and leave a comment also. Here it is:
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=5519
---
Look @ my YouTube channel! PLZ subscribe if you like!
http://www.youtube.com/user/SpyroLUVA
OBEY THE HIPNOTOAD! THE HIPNOTOAD KNOWS ALL!
#26 Posted: 03:45:15 01/07/2008
SO sad and gory.... PLEASE keep going!!!! smiliesmilie
---
#27 Posted: 13:37:24 01/07/2008
Your story is so morbid, bloody and gory! Good though.
Here! Read mine plz! Leave comments too!
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=5519
---
#28 Posted: 13:49:03 01/07/2008 | Topic Creator
Chapter 10

Flame licked his chops, the fish from the stream did little to subside his hunger. He heard something coming, and he hid in a small cave just off the side of the stream. He sensed that there were two creatures travelling by land and one by water. Finally. he thought Lunch. All he had to do was wait until the swimming creature reached the spot where the stream ended, then he could attack.

Flame was very patient, and when the creature reached the end of the stream, he attacked. He gave the swimming creature quite a fight until he finally managed to rip off the four legs. The legs were large and he was partially full, so he left the creature to die. "Hydro!" Ember wailed as Ragnar ran after the orange stranger. Flame sensed this, and he merely smacked his tail upon Ragnar and he flew off. Ember tried and tried to wake her brother up, but it wasn't working. "Hyrdo. Oh no." She sobbed. She looked up pitifully at Ragnar. "We were too late." Ragnar snarled and said, "We will stand a silent vigil over his body tonight, and then in the morning, we shall bury him.

Hydro awoke in the Convexity world. He saw his mother, but having no legs he could only sliter over to her. "Son." Cynder said looking down upon him. "You lived to see dragonhood, but then you died." "Why, why did I have to die?" Hydro asked. "I don't know, but I can help you go back, but a terrible fate will fall upon me. This secret that I am using to return you to life is one known only by the dead, and by special dragons." She said, ushering him aside. Cynder summoned her strength, and slowly she walked into the purple Convexity. she felt her power draining, and Hydro felt himself become stronger. Hydro was returned to his siblings, with a story to tell, and Cynder was now trapped within the Convexity, a place where the undead would batter her until she too was like them. This was a fate that no creature deserved. This was the fate that Cynder chose.

Spyro finally decided that the world wasn't ready for the purple dragon to die, so he slowly worked up his strength until he was once again muscular and ready to face any opponent. He began to search Avalar for Cynder and his long lost children. He also searched for Flame. Finally, he arrived at the cheetah camp. He walked around for a while, until he found Hunter. "Hunter!" Spyro exclaimed. "Spyro, buddy!" Hunter responded, "I think that there is a particular little pest that you are missing." "Hey! You're still as fat and purple as ever!" Sparx said as he flew out from behind a rock. "And you haven't lost your charm I see." Spyro responded.

"I met Eve." Sparx said slowly. "You did?! Where is she?" Spyro asked, looking around. "She ran off, she almost died, Spyro." Sparx responded scratching the back of his head. "She's gone?!" Spyro asked, surprised and disappointed. "She just flew off when I told her that she wasn't breathing for a while." Sparx responded. "I've gotta go find her." Spyro said, taking off. "Why does he always do this?" Sparx asked himself flying off after Spyro.

"Mom, are you there?" Evening asked "Why aren't you there?" She cried, her mother didn't answer any of her questions, so she diecided that her mother had really abandoned her. She began to wander around, soon she was half starved, so she stopped at a small stream and used her forked tongue to lap up some water. Once the water cleared, she saw what a beautiful young dragoness she was growing up to be. She sighed, and began her journey once again. She wandered upstream until she saw two young dragons and a serpent like dragon with very short legs. She payed them no heed and continued upstream.

She soon ran into an orange male. "Sorry." she muttered and she continued on her way. Flame couldn't see her, but he knew she was female by her voice, and he was searching for a mate, so he followed her scent until he reached her. "Hello gorgeous." He said "My name's Flame, what's yours?" "Go away you sleezebag." Eve said, flying off into the air. Flame soon gave up, and sighed, all of the female dragonesses thought he was a sleezebag.

Evening was soon over Hunter's camp again. Deciding that she was calmed down, she visited Hunter and learned that her father was looking for her, so she took off to find her father.

Spyro and Sparx soon came to a great canyon with a stream running through the middle. "Spyro, we'll never find her in this." Sparx moaned. "Well, somebody must have seen her." Spyro replied. "Come on, let's have a look." Spyro soon saw an odd group of three, a pink dragon, a purple dragon, and a blue dragon. "Huh? That's odd, those dragons almost remind me of..." Spyro suddenly whispered, "My hatchlings." Spyro flew straight down and stopped them. "Hey! Just what do you think you're-" Ragnar cut off when he realized that this was his dad. "Dad?" He asked.

"Son." Spyro said proudly. "Where's Cynder?" Spyro asked anxiously, looking around. The three dragons looked at each other anxiously. "She, umm died." Ember said quietly. Spyro stared at her, he couldn't believe it. All this time he thought she left, and she died. "Well, why don't you tell me your names and abilites." He sighed. "I'll go first." Ragnar said proudly. "I have the abilites of Earth, Fire, Electricity, and Ice." "Just like me." Spyro said in a clipped tone. "I'll go next." Ember said softly. "I have the abilities of Wind and Fear." "I'll go now." Hydro said. "I have the ability of water and I can regenerate body parts."

"Great!" Spyro said just as Sparx finally landed. "Can I have a warning next time?" Sparx asked. "Sorry buddy." Spyro replied. "Come on guys, we have to find your sister." Spyro said, and the group of four dragons and one dragonfly took off to find Evening.
#29 Posted: 15:36:41 01/07/2008
What happens next? smilie
---
#30 Posted: 15:47:30 01/07/2008
NOW THATS GORY! smilie I LUV GORY STUFF! MWAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH

CON-TIN-UE!
#31 Posted: 16:04:53 01/07/2008 | Topic Creator
Chapter 14

Evening was flying at top speed away from that orange dragon, Flame. She was soon over terrain that she reccognized. She landed nimbly on the ground. She saw a cave halfway up the mountain, and she flew up to it. Landing in the cave she discovered that it was her childhood home. She saw blood stains all over the cave floor, and she thought it was Spyro's. "Father. Why did I leave?" She sobbed. As she sat down and curled her wings around her body, Ember spotted the cave.

"Dad, what's that?" She asked gesturing towards the cave. "Oh, that is the place that you hatched." Spyro responded, not really paying attention. "Can we see it?" Ember asked pleadingly. Spyro snarled, but then said. "Fine, but only for a while. Evening could be anywhere right now." As Spyro landed in the cave, he saw a black figure. "FLAME!" He bellowed, "GET OUT OF MY CAVE!" "Dad?" Evening asked turning around to see her father, Sparx, and three other dragons about her age.

"Evening." Spyro said, and for the first time since Cynder disappeared, he smiled. "Who are those three?" Eve asked gesturing towards the three dragons behind them. "Oh, these are your brothers and sister, Ragnar, Hydro, and Ember." Spyro responded. "Pleased to meet you." Evening said, just as another dragon crawled into the cave.

"Spyro, I'd know that voice anywhere." Flame said, reappearing from the shadows. "Flame." Spyro snarled. Evening stared at the orange dragon. "Get out of here, sleezebag." She snarled, launching herself at him. Flame grabbed Evening by the throat. "If anybody comes near me this little girl gets it." Flame announced. Spyro looked at Flame in horror and said, "Don't do anything to her Flame." Flame smiled. "Leave the cave and I will release her. Spyro, Sparx, Ember, Ragnar, and Hydro all reluctantly left the cave. "HAH!" Now you don't have your cave or your precious little girl!" Flame said, sealing the cave with rocks.

"Evening! No." Spyro sobbed pummeling the wall with his earth breath. Ragnar flew in and started to use his earth breath too, then Ember began using wind, and Hydro used water. Meanwhile Flame still held Eve by the throat. "Listen to them trying to rescue you." He spat. "Pitiful." "At least they're not blind." Evening muttered. "I can arrange for this to happen to you." Flame said, raising his paw and unleashing his claws, ready to rake Evening's eyes. "Die. Sleezebag." Eve roared, shooting poison straight into his eye sockets. "NO!" Flame roared as he died. "I will have my revenge someday." He choked as he took his last breath and died.
#32 Posted: 16:11:22 01/07/2008
I don't think he'll be having his 'revenge' for a very long time smilie CON-TIN-UE!
#33 Posted: 16:18:57 01/07/2008
GOOD! I hated Flame in your story! No offence.
---
Anonymous Fodder
#34 Posted: 16:41:47 01/07/2008
Okay, I'd like to thank everybody who read this story. This is most likely the last chapter. After the story I will add extras like Character Overviews Etc. Etc. There will also be other A New Legacy stories, so keep your eyes open!

And so I give you the chapter that ends Evening: A New Legacy!

All at once, Spyro broke through the wall and charged in, ready to attack Flame. He was surprised when he saw the mangled body of Flame, slowly dissolving as Eve's poison took control. "Don't worry dad, I took care of it. " Evening said with a small smile. Spyro shook his head, and smiled. "Sometimes I worry about you." "You don't have to worry." Eve said, but she suddenly fainted, and was once again in the land of the dead. "I told you I would have my revenge!" Flame said, "And now that I can see again, I will crush you like the vermin you are." Evening was a bit anxious, and her eyes darted around. "If you're so brave, why don't you show yourself?" She asked mockingly.

Flame laughed malevolently. "Foolish young dragon. Do you think I am that stupid?" He asked as he landed a blow on her neck. "OW!" Evening gasped. "That HURT!" "This will hurt a lot worse." Flame said, biting the tip of her tail. "You really are an idiot, aren't you?" Evening asked, lashing her tail, and breathing poison on the spot that her tail flung Flame to. "I am not defeated that easily." Flame said, reappearing to show that the poison was slowly dissolving into his body. "Hmph." Evening said, landing a blow of Convexity breath on Flame. The Convexity breath is super effective in the realm of the dead, and Flame gasped and managed to say, "You win this time, but you will die." As he slowly disappeared he cast a small black moth towards Evening, and it embedded itself in her skin.

She woke up with Spyro sobbing at her side. She felt weak, and she knew that the moth was going to destroy her soon. "Dad," She gasped. "I love you." She gave him a small lick on the cheek, and died. In the land of the dead, she soon found her mom in the Convexity. "MOM!" She cried, meeleing her mother out from the purple substance. In the Convexity she found the secret that the dead could use to bring someone back to life, so Eve looked at Cynder and said, "My time with the living is done, but dad needs you." With that, she gave up her life, all that she knew, she lost her abilities, her wings, everything that she ever had. But, the undead could never pummel her, for the purity in her heart created a protecting bubble. Cynder tried to release Evening from the Convexity, sobbing that Eve had to stay on earth, but it was no use, she was already returning.

Spyro watched as Evening's limp body transformed into the body of Cynder. "Spyro," Cynder said "I tried to save her, but it was her that saved me." The mates stared at their three living hatchlings, and thought about the one that changed their lives.

And so it was Cynder's death that saved Evening, but is was Evening that in the end saved Cynder.
#35 Posted: 16:43:00 01/07/2008 | Topic Creator
Srry about that last chapter guys, I had to restart my computer, and I forgot to log in, but it is by me!
#36 Posted: 16:47:49 01/07/2008
That is so sad, and dramatic! *Wipes tears* Good work!
---
#37 Posted: 16:49:33 01/07/2008 | Topic Creator
Thanks! Like I said, I cried when i thought about the ending, so now I am majorly sad.
#38 Posted: 19:16:52 01/07/2008
That wasn't very long but oh well. Ur right that was sad! KEEP WRITING smilie
#39 Posted: 19:26:26 01/07/2008 | Topic Creator
Yeah, I haven't written many fics, and I started another one... (probably gonna suck....) but I'm gonna add character overviews etc etc...
#40 Posted: 20:06:32 01/07/2008
I'll be making a topic for your characters instead IamCynder.
---
#41 Posted: 23:40:19 01/07/2008 | Topic Creator
Okay! smilie
Mewnaphy Gold Sparx Gems: 2750
#42 Posted: 00:10:59 02/07/2008
Yay!You posted it on here!Now more people can read your amazing fan fiction!smilie
---
"Hence nothing remains except for our regrets"
#43 Posted: 00:42:06 02/07/2008 | Topic Creator
yup!
#44 Posted: 01:00:57 02/07/2008
Quote: Spyro LUVA
I hated Flame in your story! No offence.

Great story!! Yeah, Flame was nasty, but the fact that he had no eyes made him cooler... don't ask, I have this weird liking for empty eye sockets... smilie
---
#45 Posted: 21:04:20 02/07/2008
I can tell by the Avi.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me