Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > US Street date broken! Giants Starter Pack in hand!
First | Previous | Page 7 of 7
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
US Street date broken! Giants Starter Pack in hand! [CLOSED]
exosquad Gold Sparx Gems: 2667
#301 Posted: 08:22:38 21/10/2012
nibelilt, dont be all jealous, and only the walmart had a midnight release...
---
I am going to have 1 of everything. someday...
ViDeOmAnCiNi Platinum Sparx Gems: 7062
#302 Posted: 09:02:34 21/10/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Nibelilt
See, Americans? Those of you who kept trying to ruin the street date... Was it really so painful waiting for this day? Not to mention you're the only ones in the world who got a MIDNIGHT RELEASE of the game. I hope you're bloody grateful for this and for those of you who aren't, SHAME ON YOU.

Hey now - let's lighten up on that tone a bit Nibby... Someone had to be first to get the game and it was glorious to be the first gamers in the USA (World?) to play through Giants and provide info to this forum. If you didn't want info/spoilers, don't read the thread. It was your choice. Your entire statement above smacks of "my jealousy is showing..."

-VM
---
♫ "Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I live for my dream and a pocketful of gold" ♫

FiUSAwS:G! http://bit.ly/R3L1lb
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#303 Posted: 10:29:10 21/10/2012
I'll just quote myself again.
Quote: Nibelilt
My feels. Alright. To paraphrase Hugh... Just so you know, I'm about to unleash my rage. smilie

[rant]
Oh, god, where do I begin. Guys, I just want to say, shame on you. Shame on you all.
Remember when Toys"R"Us had the Dragonfire Cannon sent away early? Yep, I think we can all conclude that was an accident from the recalls. None of us expected to get it so early. Then a ton of inhands popping up everywhere for all Wave One stuff. Fair enough I guess that they made an error on that part, and decided to take it back.

And now the actual Walmart stuff. Yeah. It makes me angry, quite frankly.
It's not that America is getting it before us- fine, don't care, only three days beforehand, and nothing to get upset for anyway.
It's that you all choose to abuse it.
Shame, shame, shame on all of you trying to do this. For your own personal benefit, you're putting the jobs of honest Walmart workers at risk, just to get a game a week early.

It doesn't matter that they put it on the shelf early, if YOU buy it. That is NOT a valid excuse. That just means "oh I got the game early yay so if there's a problem with this let's blame Walmart". You shun people when they buy from scalpers, yet not yourself doing this?

Even though I want to say so much more I'm ending this rant now because I'm afraid if I don't I'll spout outright horrible insults, or incomprehensible poop, or incoherent things...
But I just want to say it... Again... Shame on you all.
[/rant]
Sigh, I will regret posting this. I can already tell.
(Though... If this stuff doesn't risk their jobs... I guess I have no objections then. I really don't know. All the facts in this thread are so blurred and I really never look into that kind of legality stuff.
Still, if it does, shame on you all, again.)

I don't give a damn America got it first. If they did, why would I complain about it with just Skylanders? You get tons of other games first too... That's how it works and that's something I accept. What annoys me is that you're all "oh herp derp I'll check Walmart cause someone said they got it early and not care about that employee just focus on getting the game early rather than caring about them". You were risking workers' jobs.
ENVSV6 Green Sparx Gems: 317
#304 Posted: 11:15:51 21/10/2012
Going to have to agree with Nibelilt on this one................
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5694
#305 Posted: 14:37:54 21/10/2012
Yep, people who sell things early, or employees more specifically could end up losing their jobs, especially when it is a game this big.
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
ViDeOmAnCiNi Platinum Sparx Gems: 7062
#306 Posted: 17:03:14 21/10/2012 | Topic Creator
Somehow I think, since all of them were sold "out of band", ie; they did not scan them, they typed in something into the computer manually and typed in a price, that no one lost any jobs. There was no way to really track what got sold except by the price and when they eventually take inventory and it's off by one or two, but that is going to be a long time from now.

Everyone needs to just chill out and not worry about other people's jobs. This is a gamers forum, not a political website.

-VM
---
♫ "Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I live for my dream and a pocketful of gold" ♫

FiUSAwS:G! http://bit.ly/R3L1lb
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#307 Posted: 17:08:51 21/10/2012
Now the game is legally out.
First | Previous | Page 7 of 7
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me