Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > US Street date broken! Giants Starter Pack in hand!
First | Previous | Page 6 of 7 | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
US Street date broken! Giants Starter Pack in hand! [CLOSED]
Shroomy_Boomy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1143
#251 Posted: 18:03:05 16/10/2012
Quote: Sparx dragonfly
^ Figures were in the Spanish Toys R Us of my city, all of Wave 1 of course

...Do they call them "Gigantes"??!! Cause that would be AWESOME, i'd totally buy some just for the packaging en Español!! smilie
---
67/67+GITD:smiliesmiliesmilieAEsmilie ROCKsmilie&smilieGLITTERsmilie&smilieSNOWsmilie

37/37+All Sidekix~WERDS~Blusmilie~Flockedsmilie~GITDsmilie~GREENsmilie~CLEARsmilie~CHROMEsmilie
PlayableMoogle Gold Sparx Gems: 2446
#252 Posted: 18:07:29 16/10/2012
Quote: Dunkin

I use to work at walmart, so I know first hand how this works. The store could get in trouble for breaking street date. End of story.

Didn't you initially come on here and say it's illegal while you were speculating that the forum is overrun with thieves in spite of those who already have it explaining out they made their respective purchases? I don't think Uncle Bob was too far off base to claim that there is a lot of misinformation here.
Sparx dragonfly Blue Sparx Gems: 543
#253 Posted: 18:08:10 16/10/2012
Quote: Shroomy_Boomy
Quote: Sparx dragonfly
^ Figures were in the Spanish Toys R Us of my city, all of Wave 1 of course

...Do they call them "Gigantes"??!! Cause that would be AWESOME, i'd totally buy some just for the packaging en Español!! smilie

Yes, we call them 'Gigantes', it's a bit similar to 'Giants' smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:16:13 16/10/2012 by Sparx dragonfly
Shroomy_Boomy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1143
#254 Posted: 18:12:53 16/10/2012
LOVE!! <3 oh man if I was still living in Valencia I would totally buy some of those!!! smilie España es tan guey, me encanta su país muchisimo!!! smilie
---
67/67+GITD:smiliesmiliesmilieAEsmilie ROCKsmilie&smilieGLITTERsmilie&smilieSNOWsmilie

37/37+All Sidekix~WERDS~Blusmilie~Flockedsmilie~GITDsmilie~GREENsmilie~CLEARsmilie~CHROMEsmilie
Dunkin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1066
#255 Posted: 18:40:41 16/10/2012
Quote: PlayableMoogle

I use to work at walmart, so I know first hand how this works. The store could get in trouble for breaking street date. End of story.

Didn't you initially come on here and say it's illegal while you were speculating that the forum is overrun with thieves in spite of those who already have it explaining out they made their respective purchases? I don't think Uncle Bob was too far off base to claim that there is a lot of misinformation here.

I did say it was illegal cus initially it is illegal for stores to break street date. And no I didn't say this place was riddled with thieves, now your putting words in my mouth. I said that theres alot on EBAY. And that we thought it could be possible that these people could be employees stealing stock, cus lets face it, it happens, whether you want to believe it or not.
I never said THIS PLACE (Including the person who originally posted this topic) was a theif, if you go back and READ my first reply I said "I hope you actually paid for that and didn't steal it" which means I wasn't calling him a theif outright cus I didn't know the situation.

I went back and read his original topic post all the way through even spoke with him and he confirmed that it was indeed a legal purchase (On his end)- Not necessarily Walmarts. Walmart COULD get in trouble (Fined or whatever) for letting people purchase this game before street date. If it was okay to do so, then why bother having a street date to begin with? Do you see what I am saying to you?

Furthermore, I wasn't the one whom stated it was a felony to do so. Not everything that is "Illegal" is a felony. I didn't say that it was, that was someone else. I just decided to chime in my 0.2 because I can.
Simply put as another Ex-walmart employee (A manager at that) has stated, the store could get FINED. Therefor it is still against certain policies and thus is illegal and is a punishable offense. Getting fined isn't exactly something a store wants to happen.

So yes the Felony statement that someone else made, is a bit missinformed, mine however not so much. But Walmart, lets face it, Only cares about money, they tend to not care much for anything else. So that would explain why people are getting it early. In fact, I'll be heading to walmart soon to do my own shopping and I just may be peaking around the Skylanders section; not to buy mind you, but just for the heck of doing so. As I would much rather wait until I'm done with "Halo 4" to buy my copy of this game.
---
I <3 all Spyro games!smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:47:31 16/10/2012 by Dunkin
gamecocksc17 Blue Sparx Gems: 792
#256 Posted: 19:16:17 16/10/2012
anybody else been to a wal-mart thats released it today? doesn't sound too widespread. unfortunately smilie
---
Turrible, just turrible - Sir Charles Barkley
Skybagel Gold Sparx Gems: 2092
#257 Posted: 20:37:24 16/10/2012
Quote: Nibelilt
My feels. Alright. To paraphrase Hugh... Just so you know, I'm about to unleash my rage. smilie

[rant]
Oh, god, where do I begin. Guys, I just want to say, shame on you. Shame on you all.
Remember when Toys"R"Us had the Dragonfire Cannon sent away early? Yep, I think we can all conclude that was an accident from the recalls. None of us expected to get it so early. Then a ton of inhands popping up everywhere for all Wave One stuff. Fair enough I guess that they made an error on that part, and decided to take it back.

And now the actual Walmart stuff. Yeah. It makes me angry, quite frankly.
It's not that America is getting it before us- fine, don't care, only three days beforehand, and nothing to get upset for anyway.
It's that you all choose to abuse it.
Shame, shame, shame on all of you trying to do this. For your own personal benefit, you're putting the jobs of honest Walmart workers at risk, just to get a game a week early.

It doesn't matter that they put it on the shelf early, if YOU buy it. That is NOT a valid excuse. That just means "oh I got the game early yay so if there's a problem with this let's blame Walmart". You shun people when they buy from scalpers, yet not yourself doing this?

Even though I want to say so much more I'm ending this rant now because I'm afraid if I don't I'll spout outright horrible insults, or incomprehensible poop, or incoherent things...
But I just want to say it... Again... Shame on you all.
[/rant]
Sigh, I will regret posting this. I can already tell.
(Though... If this stuff doesn't risk their jobs... I guess I have no objections then. I really don't know. All the facts in this thread are so blurred and I really never look into that kind of legality stuff.
Still, if it does, shame on you all, again.)

I agree.

I thought this exactly after my mom went off to Wal-Mart while I was at school...

She did not find anything, of course, and I am very disappointed.

But, at the same time, I was relieved.

I realize a Wal-Mart employee might lose their job because of my selfishness.

I never thought about that.

Even last night, I was jealous and angry, angry because that is unfair.

It is. Someone can lose their job.

So none of your excuses are valid, neither are mine.

It's unfair.
---
Whoop whoop! Yellow Sparx on the day of Swap Force's release!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:37:50 16/10/2012 by Skybagel
Jet Moto 4 Blue Sparx Gems: 688
#258 Posted: 20:53:43 16/10/2012
Went to one of my local Wal-Marts today and they had four each of the 3DS packs and 360 packs. Tried to buy one of each. As expected, they wouldn't ring up, so the cashier went to talk to customer service and then a manager returned saying that they must have been recalled and she couldn't sell them to me.

I wonder if going to another Wal-Mart today would bring me better luck.
#259 Posted: 21:03:59 16/10/2012
Quote: Jet Moto 4
Went to one of my local Wal-Marts today and they had four each of the 3DS packs and 360 packs. Tried to buy one of each. As expected, they wouldn't ring up, so the cashier went to talk to customer service and then a manager returned saying that they must have been recalled and she couldn't sell them to me.

location my good man? or woman.
---
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#260 Posted: 21:20:14 16/10/2012
The same lame recall excuse, eh? Try another Walmart.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Jet Moto 4 Blue Sparx Gems: 688
#261 Posted: 21:32:12 16/10/2012
Quote: gamecocksc17
Quote: Jet Moto 4

location my good man? or woman.

San Diego, CA.

And yeah GM, very disappointing. I'm debating on whether I should try another store this afternoon.
#262 Posted: 21:49:01 16/10/2012
I checked two walmarts today; The one the husband works at AND another down the road..nothing. Good for them I say. I hope they continue to keep it in the back till release day.

But I do agree with Nibe, if anything just a little. But I won't get into that, to each their own I guess.
---
zook it up Gold Sparx Gems: 2241
#263 Posted: 22:07:57 16/10/2012
My feels. Alright. To paraphrase Hugh... Just so you know, I'm about to unleash my rage. smilie

[rant]
Oh, god, where do I begin. Guys, I just want to say, shame on you. Shame on you all.
Remember when Toys"R"Us had the Dragonfire Cannon sent away early? Yep, I think we can all conclude that was an accident from the recalls. None of us expected to get it so early. Then a ton of inhands popping up everywhere for all Wave One stuff. Fair enough I guess that they made an error on that part, and decided to take it back.

And now the actual Walmart stuff. Yeah. It makes me angry, quite frankly.
It's not that America is getting it before us- fine, don't care, only three days beforehand, and nothing to get upset for anyway.
It's that you all choose to abuse it.
Shame, shame, shame on all of you trying to do this. For your own personal benefit, you're putting the jobs of honest Walmart workers at risk, just to get a game a week early.

It doesn't matter that they put it on the shelf early, if YOU buy it. That is NOT a valid excuse. That just means "oh I got the game early yay so if there's a problem with this let's blame Walmart". You shun people when they buy from scalpers, yet not yourself doing this?

Even though I want to say so much more I'm ending this rant now because I'm afraid if I don't I'll spout outright horrible insults, or incomprehensible poop, or incoherent things...
But I just want to say it... Again... Shame on you all.
[/rant]
Sigh, I will regret posting this. I can already tell.
(Though... If this stuff doesn't risk their jobs... I guess I have no objections then. I really don't know. All the facts in this thread are so blurred and I really never look into that kind of legality stuff.
Still, if it does, shame on you all, again.)

i agree with this. why i was a tru today they had giants stock [not on the shelves only in boxes] the lady there said it was illegal to sell them. is someones job really worth a game you will probably not ever play in 5 years? is it really worth it? is it?
---
Green Bean Machine
riverhippo Yellow Sparx Gems: 1049
#264 Posted: 22:41:13 16/10/2012
lol, only on a video game forum will people talk and argue about the livelihood and welfare of Walmart employees when they sell a video game targeted towards kids less than a week before the release date.
sandrockgundam Yellow Sparx Gems: 1265
#265 Posted: 22:45:17 16/10/2012
Let's get this straight. There is nothing ILLEGAL about anyone buying or selling anything related to this game before Street Date. Street Dates are not law, they are contracted between the distributor and the retailer. If the retailer makes the mistake of selling beforehand, they generally get fined, but there is nothing ILLEGAL about someone buying something before street date.

Everyone who is complaining about it being 'unfair' is really just jealous that they didn't find it early and someone else did - myself included, I want this game as soon as possible, but I'm not making a stink about it. Kudos to those of you who got ahold of it early, enjoy it.
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#266 Posted: 22:47:29 16/10/2012
Actually it IS illegal. Here's a thing. Why don't you pay attention in Economics or learn anything about business before opening your mouth. kthanksbai.
---
words. letters. filler.
#267 Posted: 22:52:24 16/10/2012
No he's right, it's not illegal, you could just have a lawsuit if the game developers decide to sue because the contract was broken. Employees get fired because of the stores decision, not because they have to lose their job.

But regardless, this argument is dumb. And on Sunday no one will be talking about this. Isn't there something else we can talk about?
terrafan Blue Sparx Gems: 699
#268 Posted: 22:56:08 16/10/2012
Like our amticipation?
---
Awaiting: Disney Infinity, Batman Arkham Origins, Pokemon Y
#269 Posted: 23:11:11 16/10/2012
went to my local wal-mart after getting pulled over by a cop for not having a seat belt on. (he let me off) woot. went to electronics. display was up. no skylanders out though. walked by electronics register and lo and behold they had them in a box. not selling them yet i found out. just said they wouldn't be out today. but i will check again throughout the week.

i'm just happy the po po let me go go.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:12:45 16/10/2012 by gamecocksc17
#270 Posted: 23:21:21 16/10/2012
you should have asked him if he would have given you a ticket for have possession of a game that hasn't been released yet. lol
WhirlwindDragon Green Sparx Gems: 407
#271 Posted: 23:29:08 16/10/2012
went to my local wal-mart after getting pulled over by a cop for not having a seat belt on. (he let me off) woot. went to electronics. display was up. no skylanders out though. walked by electronics register and lo and behold they had them in a box. not selling them yet i found out. just said they wouldn't be out today. but i will check again throughout the week.

What Walmart was this at when they had them in the box?
---
2/2 Stone Variants Zook and Whirlwind and Polar Whirlwind

I need Scarlet Ninjini
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#272 Posted: 23:31:50 16/10/2012
Anything in Jersey or New York?
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
aad2201 Green Sparx Gems: 395
#273 Posted: 23:37:52 16/10/2012
Went too walmarts and toys r us nothing. The guy at Walmart told me that I would have to ask a manager on Saturday midnight to get the figures. He told me everything is in and its all in the back in cages and the manager is the only one with a key. He said they don't have enough staff to do a midnight release and they would be stocked on Sunday morning. He clearly said that they are not allowed to stock or sell anything before 10/21.
#274 Posted: 23:41:47 16/10/2012
Quote: WhirlwindDragon

What Walmart was this at when they had them in the box?

memphis tn
---
sandrockgundam Yellow Sparx Gems: 1265
#275 Posted: 00:05:33 17/10/2012
Quote: TacoMakerSkys
Actually it IS illegal. Here's a thing. Why don't you pay attention in Economics or learn anything about business before opening your mouth. kthanksbai.

That was quite the intelligent statement, but you didn't actually cite anything proving its illegal. A retailer selling something they PAID for is not illegal. A retailer selling something they contracted not to sell until a certain date is a matter between the retailer and the distributor. The customer is not at fault and it in no way is a criminal matter for any party involved. Just because a retailer can be fined or sued for breaking street date does not in any way make it illegal. It just means they broke their contract and are liable for the penalties in said contract.
PlayableMoogle Gold Sparx Gems: 2446
#276 Posted: 01:00:23 17/10/2012

I did say it was illegal cus initially it is illegal for stores to break street date. And no I didn't say this place was riddled with thieves, now your putting words in my mouth. I said that theres alot on EBAY. And that we thought it could be possible that these people could be employees stealing stock, cus lets face it, it happens, whether you want to believe it or not.
I never said THIS PLACE (Including the person who originally posted this topic) was a theif, if you go back and READ my first reply I said "I hope you actually paid for that and didn't steal it" which means I wasn't calling him a theif outright cus I didn't know the situation.

I went back and read his original topic post all the way through even spoke with him and he confirmed that it was indeed a legal purchase (On his end)- Not necessarily Walmarts. Walmart COULD get in trouble (Fined or whatever) for letting people purchase this game before street date. If it was okay to do so, then why bother having a street date to begin with? Do you see what I am saying to you?

Furthermore, I wasn't the one whom stated it was a felony to do so. Not everything that is "Illegal" is a felony. I didn't say that it was, that was someone else. I just decided to chime in my 0.2 because I can.
Simply put as another Ex-walmart employee (A manager at that) has stated, the store could get FINED. Therefor it is still against certain policies and thus is illegal and is a punishable offense. Getting fined isn't exactly something a store wants to happen.

So yes the Felony statement that someone else made, is a bit missinformed, mine however not so much. But Walmart, lets face it, Only cares about money, they tend to not care much for anything else. So that would explain why people are getting it early. In fact, I'll be heading to walmart soon to do my own shopping and I just may be peaking around the Skylanders section; not to buy mind you, but just for the heck of doing so. As I would much rather wait until I'm done with "Halo 4" to buy my copy of this game.

I apologize for putting words in your mouth. It's just that you've been so freaking annoying with the condescension, and the fact that you've repeatedly pointed out that you and your husband are or have been Walmart employees, as though that's any kind of reason for people to believe you actually do know more than them. In fact, there have recently been many posts on various threads on this forum that have been quite effective in showing exactly the contrary - just how clueless many Walmart employees are. It reminds me of the Holiday Inn Express ads, where someone believes they're all qualified to handle some complex matter, simply because they stayed at the aforementioned hotel chain. Except those ads are joking, whereas this is not.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:02:20 17/10/2012 by PlayableMoogle
#277 Posted: 01:12:57 17/10/2012
Quote: PlayableMoogle

I apologize for putting words in your mouth. It's just that you've been so freaking annoying with the condescension, and the fact that you've repeatedly pointed out that you and your husband are or have been Walmart employees, as though that's any kind of reason for people to believe you actually do know more than them. In fact, there have recently been many posts on various threads on this forum that have been quite effective in showing exactly the contrary - just how clueless many Walmart employees are. It reminds me of the Holiday Inn Express ads, where someone believes they're all qualified to handle some complex matter, simply because they stayed at the aforementioned hotel chain. Except those ads are joking, whereas this is not.

Okay this is the last time I'm repling to this subject. I've never said I know more than them, stop acting like I am saying such. But usually people who've actually worked and currently DEAL with this sort of thing usually tend to be in the loop whereas someone who isn't or hasn't is not. See my point? I've said before "Different stores are different..so they may handle such things differently." I still don't think you quite get what I'm trying to say to you. Walmarts compete with one another. So one store may do things this way, and another may do the complete opposite.
Some are more professional and more "By the book" Kinda like the walmart I'm use to dealing with. So there you have it.

Now if you would, please shut up and leave me be, I've said what I know and I'm leaving it at that. Good day to you.
---
L-Drobot 38 Green Sparx Gems: 156
#278 Posted: 01:45:56 17/10/2012
Hey guys and girls! So..... we wanted to warn you about something dangerous that we just discovered. So, we went up to a character on Flynn's ship, and talked to him. He is the man in charge of the Arena Battles. I then dropped out so I could come on here and see what was going on. Once my dad got into battle, he couldn't move L-Triggs! I suggested it might just be to make it harder, but then, they started giving him food that he could not go and get because he was frozen... We knew something was up, so he went back to Flynn's ship. When he got there, he still couldn't move! This is where we were freaked out. Now, he went to the main menu, then selected our save again, and when he got back in the game, HE STILL COULDN'T MOVE!!!! I put on Tree Rex to see if I would be stuck too, but I wasn't.... This could be a major design problem, though, so I just wanted y'all to know.

Darn you Activision! Why can't you do everything right for once?!?!? (Or anything right for that matter) smilie

More details coming soon. smilie

EDIT: It's okay, just turn the game off and turn it back on to fix it. smilie
---
GEN III CNFRMD. MARIO KART 8 CNFRMD. AHHHHHHHHHH CNFRMD.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:33:51 19/10/2012 by L-Drobot 38
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#279 Posted: 01:47:41 17/10/2012
^
I will be carefull
skyoutube Green Sparx Gems: 497
#280 Posted: 01:48:48 17/10/2012
Quote: L-Drobot 38
Hey guys and girls! So..... we wanted to warn you about something dangerous that we just discovered. So, we went up to a character on Flynn's ship, and talked to him. He is the man in charge of the Arena Battles. I then dropped out so I could come on here and see what was going on. Once my dad got into battle, he couldn't move L-Triggs! I suggested it might just be to make it harder, but then, they started giving him food that he could not go and get because he was frozen... We knew something was up, so he went back to Flynn's ship. When he got there, he still couldn't move! This is where we were freaked out. Now, he went to the main menu, then selected our save again, and when he got back in the game, HE STILL COULDN'T MOVE!!!! I put on Tree Rex to see if I would be stuck too, but I wasn't.... This could be a major design problem, though, so I just wanted y'all to know.

Darn you Activision! Why can't you do everything right for once?!?!? (Or anything right for that matter) smilie

More details coming soon. smilie

That's a very sad story.
ViDeOmAnCiNi Platinum Sparx Gems: 7055
#281 Posted: 04:40:39 17/10/2012 | Topic Creator
Well, it's over. Sort of. Kaos is defeated once again, Skylands is safe again. I don't want to spoil the ending for anyone, but personally we were a bit disappointed in the "final showdown" with Kaos. The final battle in S:SA seemed a lot harder than in S:G. Now that could be that it really is a lot easier or that we have become much better players at this type of game...

Just as a slight hint, I cannot think of a better character to have on the portal than my epic L-Triggs (who hit lvl 15 on the way to the battle) with that awesome machine gun! We ended the battle with my lvl 15 LTH and my son's lvl 10 TH on the portal with double machine guns blazing! Tree Rex got down to ~100HP and had to be swapped out...

For all of you who HATE credits, you just HAVE to sit through the S:G credits at least once! The first few minutes have hilarious banter back and forth between Flynn and the Chompie Mage and then you have to wait out the rest of the 10 minutes or so of the credits to see the final cut scene with Kaos & Glumshanks and a hint to a possible third game!

Also, when "nightmare difficulty" mode unlocks, you have to start a new game save in order to actually play it! You can't just switch to it on your current save. LAME!

-VM
---
♫ "Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I live for my dream and a pocketful of gold" ♫

FiUSAwS:G! http://bit.ly/R3L1lb
skyoutube Green Sparx Gems: 497
#282 Posted: 04:42:13 17/10/2012
A HINT TO A THIRD GAME!?!?!?!

What's the hint?
#283 Posted: 04:58:18 17/10/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: skyoutube
A HINT TO A THIRD GAME!?!?!?!

What's the hint?

DO NOT reveal this spoiler if you do not want to know about the final cut scene in S:G!

After the final battle, Glumshanks has saved Kaos from the Skylanders and his ultimate destruction and they end up back at Kaos' castle (which you battle your way through in chapter 9). Kaos is explaining to Glumshanks how he has "at least 37 more" ultimate evil plans to take over Skylands and as he is talking you can see a really large shadow approaching them from the front of the screen. Glumshanks says something like "Lord Kaos, is that who I think it is?" and points upwards to the shadow and Kaos looks up and his faces changes to a look of horror and he yells, "Mother?!?!" and then the scene fades to black.

-VM
---
♫ "Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I live for my dream and a pocketful of gold" ♫

UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#284 Posted: 05:18:30 17/10/2012
Quote: UncleBob
Holy.... so much wrong information in this thread.

People, please - try not to comment on how you think Street Dates work unless you know. Try not to comment how the inner workings of a Walmart store works unless you know. And I don't mean you know someone who told you.. I mean you have first-hand experience with the subject matter. I'm not even going to waste my time correcting all this complete nonsense that's been posted in this thread - but just a warning for any impressionable folks, don't believe everything you read on the internet - even more so in this thread.

Just quoting this for good measure.

Considering 1.3 million people (in the US alone) work for Walmart - and considerably more previously worked there - the act of saying you work there, used to work there or know someone who works there isn't comparable to actually knowing how the company works.
WUMBOSIMPSON Yellow Sparx Gems: 1424
#285 Posted: 06:52:33 17/10/2012
Yes, and not very many are here, now are they?
---
cry baby, I am
#286 Posted: 03:05:36 18/10/2012
Hey guys! Here is something crazy we just found out about Nightmare mode. THEY ARE 100% NOT JOKING ABOUT HOW HARD IT IS!!! smilie IT IS AWESOME!!!!! Even mere first level chompies can do over 60 damage! How crazy is that?!?!? SOOO EPIC!!! smilie
---
Hazard335 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1435
#287 Posted: 03:19:46 18/10/2012
are there any differences between difficulties other then the amount of damage the baddies put out?
new areas to explorer i suppose is asking way to much?
#288 Posted: 03:26:28 18/10/2012
Quote: Hazard335
are there any differences between difficulties other then the amount of damage the baddies put out?
new areas to explorer i suppose is asking way to much?

Yes, that is more than likely asking too much. The difference of Nightmare mode is this:
Enemies do more damage
Experience, money, and food are harder to collect
---
Hazard335 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1435
#289 Posted: 03:30:19 18/10/2012
you would think money and experience would be easy to collect, since your working extra hard....
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#290 Posted: 03:31:28 18/10/2012
I like the sound of that.

Then, here is how I am going to do it. I am going to MAKE this game NES hard. I am going to go through the game on hard first. When I whoop hard modes tail, I am going to reset any character that levels up, and I am going to go through Nightmare Mode at level 1.

The only shame about Nightmare Mode, is that it isn't available from the get-go. I wish it were, so the game could be new to me when I go through it on the hardest setting.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
onga999 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1152
#291 Posted: 10:50:03 18/10/2012
Hey guys! Here is something crazy we just found out about Nightmare mode. THEY ARE 100% NOT JOKING ABOUT HOW HARD IT IS!!! smilie IT IS AWESOME!!!!! Even mere first level chompies can do over 60 damage! How crazy is that?!?!? SOOO EPIC!!! smilie

Thank you toy's for bob, thank you so very much.
---
just missing 7 skylanders.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#292 Posted: 12:57:11 18/10/2012
YESYESYESYESYESYESYES

Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#293 Posted: 13:37:13 18/10/2012
To whoever said that Walmart would only get sued by this...

In turn, angry manager/executive could fire employee responsible for leak.
Dingdongdan Green Sparx Gems: 249
#294 Posted: 20:01:04 18/10/2012
Found some PS3 starters today...but I don't have a PS3. If anyone in the N Phoenix area can't wait until Sunday, shoot me a pm.
#295 Posted: 23:25:23 18/10/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: onga999

Thank you toy's for bob, thank you so very much.

Nightmare mode is going to make finding certain Luck-O-Tron wheels and buying the bulbs from Auric that much more vital. Luck-O-Tron info in spoiler....

from the manual: Collect the Lucky Wheels strewn about Skylands to use the Luck-O-Tron, found in Cali’s Room, and increase your chances of doubling loot, food drops, attack power and experience.
---

#296 Posted: 00:50:02 19/10/2012
Quote: GameMaster78
I like the sound of that.

Then, here is how I am going to do it. I am going to MAKE this game NES hard. I am going to go through the game on hard first. When I whoop hard modes tail, I am going to reset any character that levels up, and I am going to go through Nightmare Mode at level 1.

The only shame about Nightmare Mode, is that it isn't available from the get-go. I wish it were, so the game could be new to me when I go through it on the hardest setting.

Its kinda like batman arkham city . Start on regular, then play through new game plus
---
#297 Posted: 01:00:31 19/10/2012
Pfffff. NES hard means if you die you lose your game. I may be only 13 but back in the day I played a lot of Super Mario Bros. and I know what made it hard. And yeah Warp Zones but if you picked those you were also punished because you had a lot less opportunity to earn precious lives, vital for the final World. I truly doubt Skylanders will ever become that tricky.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:05:21 19/10/2012 by Nibelilt
Skybagel Gold Sparx Gems: 2092
#298 Posted: 01:06:13 19/10/2012
Pfffff. NES hard means if you die you lose your game. I may be only 13 but back in the day I played a lot of Super Mario Bros. and I know what made it hard. And yeah Warp Zones but if you picked those you were also punished because you had a lot less opportunity to earn precious lives, vital for the final World. I truly doubt Skylanders will ever become that tricky.

Wait, you're only 13!? Me too!!!!!
---
Whoop whoop! Yellow Sparx on the day of Swap Force's release!
#299 Posted: 01:16:40 19/10/2012
Just turned 13 today...
---
#300 Posted: 08:02:16 21/10/2012
See, Americans? Those of you who kept trying to ruin the street date... Was it really so painful waiting for this day? Not to mention you're the only ones in the world who got a MIDNIGHT RELEASE of the game. I hope you're bloody grateful for this and for those of you who aren't, SHAME ON YOU.
First | Previous | Page 6 of 7 | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me