Page 1 of 1
Why do YOU like Skylanders? [CLOSED]
Beautiful Heart Blue Sparx Gems: 763
#1 Posted: 22:14:48 09/10/2012 | Topic Creator
I like it but, meh. It's not the best game ever. I mean, it's great gameplay, but I just hate how they take out all your money. Also, Spyro (I still love him) was sorta ruined in this game... So I'm kinda meh about this game...

BUT STILL LOOKING FORWARD TO GIANTS smilie
---
[i]Beautiful Heart ♪[/¡]
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:39:13 15/10/2012 by Beautiful Heart
Helsing Ripto Gems: 131
#2 Posted: 22:18:19 09/10/2012
I love this game and how my wallet was emptied by 700 plus dollars, but I'm still going BIG! smilie
#3 Posted: 22:20:35 09/10/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Spyrobaro
I agree with everything except for the Spyro part.

Spyro looks so cute and cuddly in this game c:

That's not what ruined him. It's his abilities that make me sad. He's limited to only fire, and his horn charge isn't that good.
---
[i]Beautiful Heart ♪[/¡]
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#4 Posted: 22:21:34 09/10/2012
Old Spyro had just charging and flaming too as his basic attacks, Skylanders Spyro is partly based on the Classic Spyro.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#5 Posted: 22:30:20 09/10/2012 | Topic Creator
^ True dat though.
---
[i]Beautiful Heart ♪[/¡]
#6 Posted: 22:37:13 09/10/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: shorty
I haven't played Skylanders that much, but I liked it. I found it pretty fun to play. :3 I don't think it's the best game ever, but I enjoyed the music, the gameplay was pretty nice, and the diversity of characters is nice. However, it was rather 'kiddie', but that still doesn't change the fact that it was a pretty good game, in my opinion.
However, I'm not too fond of the 'buy all the toys' thing, as it is just a scam to get more money. I, for one, do like collecting things, so it isn't all that bad in my opinion. I think the figures are pretty cool.

I agree.
---
[i]Beautiful Heart ♪[/¡]
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#7 Posted: 22:40:34 09/10/2012
@Aura: Doesn't Machine of Doom hints that he's actually an older Classic Spyro? He is recruited in one of the levels of the second game.

This game isn't the best,but it's far,far from the worst x3 I actually play it for the fun factor rather than anything else - the game makes me very happy,like I became a little girl again x3 also, good if you're not looking foward to a hard or complex game in that day,and the best time killer ever since TV Tropes for me :U
I just wanted it to be more avaliable worldwide though,and it's not even Online PVP I'm talking about - outside of Europe and USA,it's so expensive and hard to find,that people charge it for even more ridiculous prices at the lone bookstores(one of the only stores selling Singles is a bookstore in Brazil,serious) that not even have enough to sell the Waves the right way. Despite never wanting to get all the toys(I don't have money and I don't like all characters either), I'd have liked having at least 8 for the first game if they weren't so expensive...

Though,I'm not commenting on the difficulty or overdose of children's themes in the game. I have a feeling that Skylanders Giants will have both things fixed.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#8 Posted: 22:44:31 09/10/2012
Quote: Bifrost
@Aura: Doesn't Machine of Doom hints that he's actually an older Classic Spyro? He is recruited in one of the levels of the second game.

No, Skylanders Spyro is a different Spyro than classic Spyro. Sure he was recruited by Eon in the
Summer Forest
back in his world, but it's not the same place from the classic series unless they give out more details.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:50:12 09/10/2012 by Aura24
CynderFan1309 Gold Sparx Gems: 2235
#9 Posted: 22:49:01 09/10/2012
Quote: shorty
I haven't played Skylanders that much, but I liked it. I found it pretty fun to play. :3 I don't think it's the best game ever, but I enjoyed the music, the gameplay was pretty nice, and the diversity of characters is nice. However, it was rather 'kiddie', but that still doesn't change the fact that it was a pretty good game, in my opinion.
However, I'm not too fond of the 'buy all the toys' thing, as it is just a scam to get more money. I, for one, do like collecting things, so it isn't all that bad in my opinion. I think the figures are pretty cool.

Worded it better than I could.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#10 Posted: 00:23:32 10/10/2012
The game is alright, I guess. But it's overrated.

The console version has decent gameplay and an open enough world to keep you exploring for a short time. Kaos is a well enough villain, but still not that special. The 3DS version has gameplay more like the old Crash Bandicoot games, which is something I appreciate.

However, both games are rather linear, and too easy. Gameplay is alright, but nothing original or special. The story for both games is mediocre at best and cliched. And the biggest problem of all is that it's far too expensive. I cannot and will not spend hundreds on a single game, let alone one that is decent at best, and really isn't as special as many people here claim it to be.

SO YEAH I like it but it's extremely overrated, and I'm often very critical of it. Like the LoS games, I actually have no real reason to like it, yet I still do. I certainly wouldn't spend money getting every toy, and I have absolutely no intention on buying Giants, since it looks to be the same game, only even more of a ripoff. Funny how people always talk about Call of Duty being a ripoff when Skylanders is much more expensive.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:24:08 10/10/2012 by CAV
skyoutube Green Sparx Gems: 497
#11 Posted: 01:28:47 10/10/2012
I like Skylanders because it's a great game and the NPCs were great (my favorite NPC is Flynn).

I don't like it because of the obvious reason: My money is gone!!!!!
Skylandscaper Emerald Sparx Gems: 3966
#12 Posted: 03:03:27 10/10/2012
It's a game my whole family can play/enjoy, collecting the figures is fun (sort of reminds me of buying He-Man toys as a kid), and the kids play with the figures and cards outside of the video game. Also, it reminds me of a game I enjoyed years ago called Gauntlet.
---
WANTED: regular Chompie Mage. Can be loose. We will open and play with it like all of our Skylanders.
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#13 Posted: 08:56:32 10/10/2012
I really don't like it as much as it may seem. In fact, what I most enjoy about Skylanders is hunting the toys and information rather than the game itself, and even those get a bit annoying.
I do love the 3DS version though, because it's a fantastic little platformer that reminds me of the days when I would just play Warped, Year of The Dragon and Banjo Kazooie. Darn, I really do need new copies of the first and last.
I enjoy Universe because it gives a lot more longevity to the toys that they should have gotten in the first place, and it's just leveling up so it's simple to do and wander around, without being boring. Plus it ties in with the community here, and gives a lot more personality to the characters, that they lacked.
The console version has merits though, I really like how the Battle Mode is set out, and I like the upgrade system. The level setup was also quite neat and a couple of the NPCs, specifically Arbo and Occulous, were genuinely enjoyable. (Overall though, the lack of replayability and absolutely no balance within Story difficulty or Battle itself made me hugely disappointed.)
But overall, I mostly enjoy the hunt, because in the end, that's what makes me like the general idea of the game in the first place.
Buzzthebatgirl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1526
#14 Posted: 10:48:53 10/10/2012
It was a game my husband and I could enjoy and could join in and join out at any time. It was a nice flexibility to the game play. The levels and NPCs were fun and enjoyable
---
GITD smilie won on Facebook.com/Toywinner
Too many Skylanders in collection
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#15 Posted: 21:49:21 10/10/2012
because of the technology they put in the game and I wanted to try the game
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
ShinkenRed Gold Sparx Gems: 2651
#16 Posted: 17:09:58 12/10/2012
When I enjoy a videogame or a movie I feel the need to have a physical representation of it. Like a Thor or Iron Man figure from the Avengers. To even play Skylanders I need to have a physical item. So Skylanders kills two birds with one stone. Plus, my girlfriend loves to play it with me and she adores Stealth Elf.

Ignitor all the way!
---
Unique Character roster:
S:SA: 32/32, S:G: 16/16, S:SF: 32/32, S:TT: 36/36
Tupelo Blue Sparx Gems: 825
#17 Posted: 18:01:30 12/10/2012
The game its self was very easy, I think anyone can easily beat it with the time put in. My bf and i enjoyed playing it together a lot. We worked on getting all the acheivements for it which lasted a few weeks. Plus we each have our own favorite characters. So he uses ones i dont like, and vice versa.

The concept of it in the begining, was hard to get used to for me. I only bought the game a month or so ago. I love collecting, and always wanted to buy the figures without the game. the game is some thing i have never seen before. so being a classic gamer, i was againt this new era of gaming. But once i looked up what the figures were, i got the urge to play the game as well. so my bf and i went splits on it.

The thing i dislike about it, is its not long enough. I needed more game play! I wanted to level all my guys while playing through the story, but i really only used a few. because before i knew it there was nothing left to do. and playing through the same levels over and over gets boring fast.

BUT dont get me wrong I'm very excited for giants! and I hope they extended the story line with this one. and i'll continue enjoying the hunt for figures!
andy2467 Blue Sparx Gems: 880
#18 Posted: 20:51:58 12/10/2012
i like skylaNders because its fun and
its fun
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#19 Posted: 22:06:34 12/10/2012
Toys + Games = A match made for me.

Also, I havent really played Spyro in a long time.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
terrafan Blue Sparx Gems: 699
#20 Posted: 00:57:14 13/10/2012
Same ^ I like skylanders because i feel like im a part of the action!
---
Awaiting: Disney Infinity, Batman Arkham Origins, Pokemon Y
WUMBOSIMPSON Yellow Sparx Gems: 1424
#21 Posted: 02:15:55 13/10/2012
The only problems are
Spyro's face
Ridiculously kiddie characters (Mabu)
Needs more boss battles!
Much too easy
Scalpers and rares

The good stuff
Awesome music (Except for the chorus main theme)
Awesome, original characters
Fun gameplay
The fact you can use toys in a game (It's just so awesome!!!)
Dragon for each element
---
cry baby, I am
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#22 Posted: 05:26:18 13/10/2012
Quote: CAV

The console version has decent gameplay and an open enough world to keep you exploring for a short time. Kaos is a well enough villain, but still not that special. The 3DS version has gameplay more like the old Crash Bandicoot games, which is something I appreciate.

However, both games are rather linear, and too easy. Gameplay is alright, but nothing original or special. The story for both games is mediocre at best and cliched. And the biggest problem of all is that it's far too expensive. I cannot and will not spend hundreds on a single game, let alone one that is decent at best, and really isn't as special as many people here claim it to be.

SO YEAH I like it but it's extremely overrated, and I'm often very critical of it. Like the LoS games, I actually have no real reason to like it, yet I still do. I certainly wouldn't spend money getting every toy, and I have absolutely no intention on buying Giants, since it looks to be the same game, only even more of a ripoff. Funny how people always talk about Call of Duty being a ripoff when Skylanders is much more expensive.

Took the words right out of my mouth.
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
Daveniss Green Sparx Gems: 181
#23 Posted: 01:44:10 14/10/2012
I like it because it reminds me of the original Legend of Spyro video game (albeit, an overly simplified version) that I used to play with my brother on our playstation back when I was eight. Plus, I liked having the challenge of collecting the dragons.
However, the NPCs really get on my nerves, and seem to be targeted to five-year-olds.
---
My Skylanders (favorite -> least favorite):
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
okami12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2205
#24 Posted: 22:12:09 14/10/2012
well....i still have not played it but i think i,m going to give it a go after christmas do you think i should get it i like both LOS spyro and classic spyro and i love any game that trys something different and i LOVE platforms

what i like
spyro and other dragon characters
sonicboom looks arsome (i like griffens)
levels look intresting
fact u use toys as characters

what i don't like
PRICE!! ( i live in the UK so more PRICEY)
looks a little easy
okami12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2205
#25 Posted: 10:30:01 15/10/2012
yeah i think i might get giants it looks better
happy81555 Green Sparx Gems: 175
#26 Posted: 19:59:48 04/03/2013
because toys come to life!
---
im randon, deal with it! smilie
smilievolts and lightning!smilie smilie
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#27 Posted: 13:06:53 06/03/2013
Quote: happy81555
because toys come to life!

^THIS
EmperorKaos Emerald Sparx Gems: 4399
#28 Posted: 17:14:46 06/03/2013
Quote: Aura24
Old Spyro had just charging and flaming too as his basic attacks, Skylanders Spyro is partly based on the Classic Spyro.

Is not the original spyro the original you coud jump and "fly" and the original flame atack was almost melee
The horn atack is not infinite like the original one.
da_man671 Blue Sparx Gems: 634
#29 Posted: 11:29:24 10/03/2013
I bought the game because I'm a Spyro fan. Back in the days, the first 3 games were awesome! Then when I heard Spyro is returning, I just had to buy SSA. I first played as Spyro and loved it. I later tried Trigger Happy and Gill Grunt and got addicted. Activision then brainwashed me into buying the rest of the figures by the poster that came with the game, the soul gem previews and the fact that you can't access certain areas without a specific element. It would have been better if they liked Skylanders to the original Spyro story, rather than a spin-off
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:30:44 10/03/2013 by da_man671
Tel Prydain Blue Sparx Gems: 903
#30 Posted: 00:36:39 19/03/2013
The toys coming to life is obviously something that speaks to my inner child, but the actual game is solid. It reminds me a lot of the Lego games – which is another kid-friendly series that adults have embraced.
While the levels are obviously easy enough for kids, 3-staring the levels isn’t easy at all (at least on the 360/PS3 versions that didn’t get balanced). Finding all the items can be a challenge, and getting the par time was often a mad rush for the finish-line.
---
My collection: 98/99
Photos: http://s1298.photobucket.com/u...rary/Skylanders
Looking for: smilie
PinkWater Yellow Sparx Gems: 1059
#31 Posted: 01:13:43 19/03/2013
Quote: Matteomax
Toys + Games = A match made for me.

Also, I havent really played Spyro in a long time.

Same here, I also like how it's the only good Pokemon ripoff that was somewhat successful. Although, I would like a longer game and Spyro to NOT look ugly.
---
CILAN IS THE SEXIEST MAN ALIVE.

I DARE YOU TO PROVE ME WRONG! ...Actually don't. I'm quite biased.
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#32 Posted: 01:44:40 19/03/2013
Cool looking characters, gameplay and good level design.
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
Hexblazer Blue Sparx Gems: 895
#33 Posted: 05:57:37 05/04/2013
I like skylanders, i like how each characters looks and how they play in the game...i like collecting the figures. I know its a waste of money but not to people that likes to collect them. Theres alot of people in the world that collects different things and mine is skylanders
AirSuperiority Green Sparx Gems: 252
#34 Posted: 01:58:23 09/04/2013
Its simple enough so that you can easily learn the controls and such, its got a bright atmosphere, it has all those shinny treasure you pick up giving you a bit of a rush. Its slightly repetitive but nothings perfect. It has a variety of characters which have different experiences (even if they cost a lot of money =( ). It has Spyro in it, which brings back a lot of memories. smilie That is why I like Skylanders.
SandraX Blue Sparx Gems: 504
#35 Posted: 12:48:04 10/04/2013
It's okay, but it's not a Spyro game. It's just Skylanders to me, not Skylanders: Spyro's adventure. It's nothing to do with Spyro. It's just the name of one charter. I think the people who made this game wanted to get more people to buy it by putting to the name: "Spyro's adventure". So I buy it, and it was almost waste of money. It's really expensive game, and extra charters cost a lot, too. (Plus the portal of power eats all my batteries very fast!) So I think gamemakers just want to get money, money, money..
- Sorry about the bad English smilie -
---
Problem with the trolley, eh?
Sickboy1138 Blue Sparx Gems: 817
#36 Posted: 19:10:19 13/04/2013
I like it because my son likes it.
Its the first game hes gotten into that ive been able to.
Its giving me an opportunity to teach him how to take care of his toys,
How to organize them and put them back where they belong when not in use so he knows where to find them when he wants them.

Hes likes spyro, so before skylanders I had bought him a new beginning. BORING!
At least skylanders habe a variet of heros and opponents. And not just with a different color pallete
ItalianGamer97 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1378
#37 Posted: 05:21:25 14/06/2013
Here's a few reasons I like Skylanders:

• The fun gameplay- Self explanatory. 'nuff said.

• The variety of characters- With Swap Force on the horizon, there will be more characters than you could shake a stick at to play as. I would be honestly be surprised if it doesn't show in a Video game edition of the Guinness Book of World Records or something like that.

• The innovative tech- The clever dogs at TFB made some pretty innovative tech, where you put figurines with a special chip inside on a device that connects to your game console that'll read the chip inside the toy, and with Swap Force, the swapping stuff is going to make for a really fun experience.

• The nice co-op system- The co-op mode is pretty fine, and if a player has to do a thing,take a nap,quit playing, or whatever he/she has to do, he/she could simply just remove his/her Skylander off the portal and unjoin the game by pressing the appropriate button.

• replay value- if you missed any items during your first run through, you can go back and get said items and when you get a Skylander of a certain element, you could go into gates that you wouldn't go through before.

• Honoring the value of old collections- This is a very nice thing to do for customers who have figures released during the production run of the older games, meaning that the older Skylanders from your collection will be able to serve you faithfully in future games until the data in the chips eventually die. I predict this is a must-have feature for all future Skylanders games.

That's all I have for now. Will update when I think of more reasons.
---
And to prevent confusion, I am in the U.S. and I am part Italian.
Eevee88 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4381
#38 Posted: 05:22:10 14/06/2013
because its awesome :B
---
Heading out, my liege? A commission, I presume? Then I shall accompany you. Just...ah, allow me to indulge in one more chapter...
SkylandFollower Green Sparx Gems: 151
#39 Posted: 02:34:26 15/06/2013
Levelling up characters is addictive as heck- it's one of the few games that successfully makes grinding and going back to the same levels fun, which gives each and every figure good value(even if it isn't as much as you pay). Also the 3DS version is frogging amazing. I wish that Acti weren't making the releases so terrible though.
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#40 Posted: 15:00:40 16/06/2013
Quote: CAV

It's kind of nice to see someone with actual reasons for not liking the game that much instead of the bias I normally see. smilie
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#41 Posted: 19:35:00 16/06/2013
around my place i have no friends, skylanders is the only thing i can keep myself amused, i got autism too, lol
.................smilie
Hexblazer Blue Sparx Gems: 895
#42 Posted: 20:00:00 16/06/2013
^ i like skylanders specially hunting and collecting the figurines and wasting lots of money is fun smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me