darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure > Overrated characters and underrated characters
First | Previous | Page 4 of 5 | Last
1 2 3 4 5
Overrated characters and underrated characters [CLOSED]
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#151 Posted: 17:59:33 05/07/2013
^yeah sure, *wrong upgrade paths wink wink*
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#152 Posted: 18:02:24 05/07/2013
Cynder - Weak on Shadowdancer
Sprocket - Medium on Mine Path
#153 Posted: 18:04:56 05/07/2013
HA i choose the different path OR I found good stragegies

smilie can be good on shadowdancer, you need to trust your ghosts and let them do the job for you, keep spamming the shadowdash under enemies, it will hurt them(if i just could make a vid where my cynder kicks the **** out of flameslinger..)

sprocket: try the otther path, whaaay better!
ClayFace Blue Sparx Gems: 835
#154 Posted: 19:10:31 05/07/2013
I don't get why people love Pop Fizz and Hot Dog so much.
#155 Posted: 19:52:28 05/07/2013
Quote: ClayFace
I don't get why people love Pop Fizz and Hot Dog so much.

me too!
#156 Posted: 20:01:02 05/07/2013
Quote: NINJAsk11

smilie can be good on shadowdancer, you need to trust your ghosts and let them do the job for you, keep spamming the shadowdash under enemies, it will hurt them(if i just could make a vid where my cynder kicks the **** out of flameslinger..)

smilie They nerfed her in Giants. I just noticed this was the SSA thread, so she is OP on Shadowdancer.
smilie This is the SSA thread, and everyone else says the tank path is horrible.
#157 Posted: 20:04:28 05/07/2013
Quote: weebbby

smilie They nerfed her in Giants. I just noticed this was the SSA thread, so she is OP on Shadowdancer.
smilie This is the SSA thread, and everyone else says the tank path is horrible.

i like cynder, but hate sprocket, i dont mind............
#158 Posted: 20:05:52 05/07/2013
I like Cynder too, but she's weak in Giants.
#159 Posted: 20:09:58 05/07/2013
she is indeeed

WHY smilie BEING SO OVERRATED BY ACTI
#160 Posted: 13:01:51 06/07/2013
^ And you.
#161 Posted: 13:19:57 06/07/2013
^uh, i am not ovverated by acti............i just dont like that smilie is SUUUPEEEER overrated

darn u acti, too much elves, yur forcing my poor wallet!
#162 Posted: 13:24:20 06/07/2013
You realize you make her even more overrated.
In fact, you are the person I think overrates her the most.
I'm so made Staelth Elf got a repose over Camo (he was awesome!0 and she is getting ANOTHER repose when she does not need it and I'd rather have Zook or Stump Smash 9both awesome characters) get it.
#163 Posted: 13:27:02 06/07/2013
* no answer to prevent war*
#164 Posted: 14:27:02 09/07/2013
A character I am starting to think is very overrated is Wrecking Ball. I think he is a good Skylander but he is NO WAY not the best or even overpowered. I see a ton of people say Wrecking Ball is underrated but honestly I find him overrated.

For underrated, I'm going to say Ignitor and Wham Shell. A bunch of people complain about how overrated these guys are when really, they never talked about at all other than the fact that Wham Shell is rare.
#165 Posted: 15:03:47 09/07/2013
He is completely overpowered, and he is becoming overrated. I also can't agree that Ignitor and Wham-Shell are overrated.
Rickorio Gold Sparx Gems: 2463
#166 Posted: 16:58:34 09/07/2013
To me smilie is very underrated, nothing else to say.
---
#hu
#167 Posted: 16:59:34 09/07/2013
^yes, he is............poor troll
HotDogAndZap Emerald Sparx Gems: 3531
#168 Posted: 17:16:34 09/07/2013
I think smilie and smilie are both very overrated.
#169 Posted: 17:19:16 09/07/2013
Quote: HotDogAndZap

how????
#170 Posted: 17:23:09 09/07/2013

how????

smilie is extremely overpowered and given WAY too much attention, and smilie gets all kinds of attention he doesn't need.

I also *braces for NINJAsk hate* think smilie is overrated because they just overdo it will all of her reposes AND she's overpowered.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:23:44 09/07/2013 by HotDogAndZap
#171 Posted: 17:49:26 09/07/2013

how????

smilie is extremely overpowered and given WAY too much attention, and smilie gets all kinds of attention he doesn't need.

I also *braces for NINJAsk hate* think smilie is overrated because they just overdo it will all of her reposes AND she's overpowered.

hahahahaha, what so dangerous about me, the way you put it is ok, the way clayface puts is is just
-brace for hate-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stealthelf is overrated cuz of PBS AND FN i tell you, i dont like her cuz of the reposes, power or ALL THE GARBAGE
i like her cuz i look like her in personalety, its ok to hate a lander, but not the way clayface does.......smilie
#172 Posted: 17:50:05 09/07/2013
I agree that Stealth Elf is overrated but Ghost Roaster and Boomer are nowhere close to being overrated.
#173 Posted: 17:51:08 09/07/2013
*leaves topic alone to prevent wars*
#174 Posted: 17:55:31 09/07/2013
I also find Terrafin on the Brawler path to be underrated and Terrafin on the Sandhog path to be overrated.
#175 Posted: 18:03:32 09/07/2013
I agree that Stealth Elf is overrated but Ghost Roaster and Boomer are nowhere close to being overrated.

*shrug*
We all have different views.

I also find Terrafin on the Brawler path to be underrated and Terrafin on the Sandhog path to be overrated.

Agreed.
#176 Posted: 18:04:22 09/07/2013
Ghost Roaster is way overrated and Boomer is way underrated.
#177 Posted: 18:16:39 09/07/2013

*shrug*
We all have different views.

Agreed.

why yu shrug?
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#178 Posted: 13:51:06 12/07/2013
Why dose no one agree that Terrafin and whirlwind and stealf elf are overrated!
#179 Posted: 13:56:24 12/07/2013
^ Stealth Elf and Terrafin on Sandhog are overrated.
Terrafin on Brawler and Whirlwind are underrated.
#180 Posted: 14:22:23 12/07/2013
Terrafin is the only one of those 3 I hate. But they're all very overrated.
#181 Posted: 16:06:40 12/07/2013
i think we should stop with arguing with one is overrated or underrated, it causes fights........
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#182 Posted: 16:47:28 12/07/2013
Why does it matter if someone is underrated or overrated!
---
#183 Posted: 16:59:52 12/07/2013
Quote: wreckingballbob
Why does it matter if someone is underrated or overrated!

this, everyone likes another skylander, and there are more people who like one speciefickly, and otther people hate that, i dont care what anybody says about my favourite skylanderS but.....
Portal Master 1 Blue Sparx Gems: 605
#184 Posted: 02:24:17 14/07/2013
Quote: weebbby
Ghost Roaster is way overrated and Boomer is way underrated.

Totally agree with this. Haven't had Boomer long but wow is he good.
---
Bring the Boom!!
#185 Posted: 20:03:48 17/07/2013
I personally think Sunburn is underrated.
He used to be very popular, but after the hype of Dragons Peak people stopped talking about him.
Skinwalker Red Sparx Gems: 52
#186 Posted: 02:06:06 09/08/2013
I think Trigger Happy is underrated.
---
Alone we may be lost, but together we stand tall.
Flare-Tanager Green Sparx Gems: 292
#187 Posted: 06:03:48 09/08/2013
Eh... How Fright rider would be overrated? I know only few people, who likes him. (My cousin is nuts about Fright rider)
He was, but now here is HOT DOG and something more and Fright rider didn't get S2 figure and here is really much new SWAP force guys...

And how can that Sunburn be underrated? First he was my favourite and I know alot people, who like him. Also Dragon's peak is overrated adventure pack and that level is cool. Sunburn is overpowered with his teleport path.
---
heheheheheee
im a bash man Red Sparx Gems: 63
#188 Posted: 00:16:38 22/08/2013
hex is underrated she is really good on bonecrafter.

think about it if you could summon skull rain and wall of bones that fast.
you could dish out damage and keep a good defense whnever you wanted
#189 Posted: 00:54:52 22/08/2013
^ Shade Master is better and underrated immensely, when Bone Crafter isn't overrated nor underrated.
#190 Posted: 08:39:02 22/08/2013
CAN WE CLOSE THIS PLEASE????
StalkerSnake Yellow Sparx Gems: 1926
#191 Posted: 13:23:49 22/08/2013
Quote: Flare-Tanager
Eh... How Fright rider would be overrated? I know only few people, who likes him. (My cousin is nuts about Fright rider)
He was, but now here is HOT DOG and something more and Fright rider didn't get S2 figure and here is really much new SWAP force guys...

And how can that Sunburn be underrated? First he was my favourite and I know alot people, who like him. Also Dragon's peak is overrated adventure pack and that level is cool. Sunburn is overpowered with his teleport path.

HOW U CAN!?
---
Чем больше вы знаете, тем больше вы знаете
#192 Posted: 13:51:14 22/08/2013
and there we go again*braces for fight*
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#193 Posted: 13:58:37 29/09/2013
I cant believe i'm saying this but here is my new opinion on the #1 of overrated and underrated

Underrated
smilie I dont care what you say but look at Camo this whole topic. Just like aceus from pokemon it is clamed overrated when it is overhated!

Overrated
This is I tie between 4 skylanders Wreaking ball, Wirlwind, Boomer and smilie
1) I dont have to talk just look at the number of people here with wreaking ball on there favorites
2) First Bronies Second Clamed powerful when she is a medeoker skylander
3) Just because you cant find him that dosent mean you have to like him. look at his past and now look at him! Don't pay$66.00 for an awful competitive skylander
4) Same as boomer but is a really good for competitive play
#194 Posted: 15:52:15 29/09/2013
Quote: GigaCamo
I cant believe i'm saying this but here is my new opinion on the #1 of overrated and underrated

Underrated
smilie I dont care what you say but look at Camo this whole topic. Just like aceus from pokemon it is clamed overrated when it is overhated!

Overrated
This is I tie between 4 skylanders Wreaking ball, Wirlwind, Boomer and smilie
1) I dont have to talk just look at the number of people here with wreaking ball on there favorites
2) First Bronies Second Clamed powerful when she is a medeoker skylander
3) Just because you cant find him that dosent mean you have to like him. look at his past and now look at him! Don't pay$66.00 for an awful competitive skylander
4) Same as boomer but is a really good for competitive play

More people on this site like Camo better than Wrecking Ball, Whirlwind, Boomer and Ghost Roaster...

Proof:

Camo:
[User Posted Image] smiliea2g.jpg" alt="[User Posted Image]" />

Whirlwind:
[User Posted Image]

Ghost Roaster:
[User Posted Image]

Boomer:
[User Posted Image]

Wrecking Ball:
[User Posted Image]

And you said a lot of people like Wrecking Ball.
---
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#195 Posted: 19:01:33 29/09/2013
Spyro: Neither (His popularity is actually about right, both paths are fairly good. But, I don't care if he was Skylanders' inspiration, he is overhyped by the devs a bit much. Other Magic characters should get some more of his credit.)
Double Trouble: Underrated (ESPECIALLY on Conjuror- I don't really like his personality a lot but his gameplay was never hyped much after his initial release.)
Wrecking Ball: Slightly overrated (I've seen some overhyping for him, but seems to get much more hate than like lately.)
Voodood: Underrated (I think he's too overpowered for my tastes, but there's no denying that he goes sorely unmentioned too much.)
Ninjini: Slightly overrated (I just think she gets a bit too much credit for a Skylander that is simply so... boring.)
Pop Fizz: Neither (He has good and bad points, and for that his fanbase size is about right. He gets mentioned sometimes, but he's not really mentioned too much, either.)

Bash: Slightly underrated (I think he's a bit overpowered for me like Voodood and the credit he does get is about right, but I simply never see anyone really excited about him. Come on people, Pulver Dragon is awesome.)
Dino-Rang: Slightly underrated (When he came out he was horribly underrated but his fanbase is growing very well)
Prism Break: Neither (The developers are promoting him too much while Skylanders just doesn't have that large a fandom for him.)
Terrafin: Overrated (Both paths are very boring and the character is uninteresting, yet he seems to have been made the main Earth guy.)
Crusher: Slightly underrated (He's not the best and his controls can be clunky, but still, nobody is ever bringing him up when Rubble Master is so fun!)
Flashwing: Slightly overrated (Look at how many are on shelves and getting a LightCore... Honestly, I think her playstyle is so boring, both paths are spammerific and nothing else! Shooting Shards is an interesting upgrade, but it's just so gimmicky that you may as well hit enemies with your own ones. However, her fanbase is being very quiet as of late.)

Zap: Slightly underrated (I don't think he's quite dead yet, but it seems they never promote him anymore, and I don't think he gets the credit he deserves.)
Slam Bam: Neither (The developers overhyped him a bit but his fanbase is a reasonable size.)
Wham-Shell: Neither (Captain Crustacean is overrated same as Ninjini, Commander Crab gets a bit too much hate as an "unusable" path though... Come on, it is NOT a Total Tongue, and while it doesn't match up to the other path power wise it is more fun than it's given credit for.)
Gill Grunt: Neither (He's one of the least-hyped "dev favourites" and he still has a decent fanbase.)
Thumpback: Neither (I do think UCaP is an underrated path, but honestly, his fanbase died down a lot so he's just... Yeah, mentioned once in awhile.)
Chill: Underrated (I. Just. Don't. Understand. The Frozen Fury hate... I never see any fans for her around and it sucks because she is a really cool character.)

Ignitor: Neither (He doesn't have much of a fanbase, but I also don't think he's incredibly interesting, and I think the devs promoted his S2 too much.)
Sunburn: Underrated (I think he does get somewhat boring after teleporting over and over but he pretty much died with Dragon's Peak.)
Flameslinger: Slightly underrated (For such an amazingly fun character, he never had enough talk, but thankfully people seem to be a little more interested in the guy now.)
Eruptor: Overrated (Yeah, no, his gameplay is boringly simple yet he is everywhere and on everything. Thanks for overhyping this guy so much, marketing team.)
Hot Head: Neither (He used to be promoted quite a bit, but I feel like he kinda died down. Either way, I think he gets what he deserves.)
Hot Dog: Overrated (The devs overhype him and both of his paths are boring, yet he has a really large fanbase compared to some Skylanders.)

Boomer: Slightly underrated (I feel like some people are interested in him just because he's rare. When someone says he needs a repose, that's the only time he's bought up. Let's face it people, if he did get a repose, he would be a shelf warmer again. It just isn't a wise move for Activision when they can cash in on another Spyro repose that pretty much every Spyro fan will buy without question. There is little discussion about his actual gameplay, which is very fun and why I feel he is a bit underrated.)
Drill Sergeant: Slightly underrated (He's not the best Skylander, but I don't see anyone discuss him much.)
Drobot: Slightly overrated (His gameplay just isn't that interesting, it feels like he gets too much credit... Also seems like he is dying down though.)
Trigger Happy: Slightly overrated (His fanbase is fine- and in fact I feel like his gameplay should be discussed a bit more, but he's over promoted.)
Bouncer: Slightly underrated (Look, I know he's shown quite a bit in the marketing, but he gets a lot of hate I don't understand. He can be a bit clunky to use in crowd situations, but EVERY Giant is like that. He's just very unique and I see nobody discussing that.)
Sprocket: Neither (They aren't promoting her too much, and I think the size of her fandom is about right. I think she's really fun but she certainly isn't a character for everyone... No Skylander is.)

Hex: Underrated (She has a unique defensive playstyle and was never promoted much.)
Cynder: Overrated (Another case of developer over hyping.)
Chop Chop: Overrated (S1 gets too much hate... But, again, dev over hyping.)
Ghost Roaster: Neither (I've seen him more discussed lately.)
Eye-Brawl: Slightly underrated (Look, he never was my favourite Giant- but am I imaging things, or did his hype die as fast as Sunburn?)
Fright Rider: Slightly underrated (I think his fanbase can overrate him sometimes but the devs are underrating him a lot. Damn you Cynder and Chop Chop being so overhyped and taking both the Undead spots.)

Whirlwind: Overrated (Her gameplay just isn't interesting. The devs are overhyping her, and the fandom seems to like her much more than other Air characters, when they just aren't that bad.)
Warnado: Slightly underrated (His gameplay is unique and he has a decent fanbase, but I see many people complain he's "weak", and the devs hardly promote him. People, use strategy, Warnado is a very fun character to use when you learn his attacks right.)
Sonic Boom: Slightly overrated (Her gameplay is very repetitive, but the devs never over promoted her too much and hey, at least the backstory is worth the hype she gets sometimes. Plus, she's starting to die off)
Lightning Rod: Underrated (I'm seeing more people discussing him lately but I'm also seeing more hate spring up. I feel like he never got the credit he deserved, and he was never promoted a lot, either.)
Swarm: Slightly underrated (He seems to have a niche, dedicated fandom, but I'm also seeing a lot of hate for him. Goodness, people. This guy is the same as Warnado: Swarm is a character built around strategy! Maybe you were expecting something different, but that doesn't mean that what you got is bad if you look at him in another light! Besides, if he's "weak"... Haha learn to spam the hold A attack then come back and tell me that again.)
Jet-Vac: Overrated (I do think this is another character people just aren't good at using and are hating him for that, but god, the devs overhype this guy nearly as much as Eruptor so I can't blame them...)
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#196 Posted: 19:03:26 29/09/2013
[posting this since it was too many characters for one post]

Camo: Slightly overrated (He is pretty fun and has uniquely designed paths, but 1. I never see anyone discuss Vine Virtuoso- which disappoints me, because I love that path- and 2., Melon Master is overhyped. Also he's already powerful and did not need a Wow Pow.)
Stump Smash: Slightly underrated (I think the devs overhype him sometimes, but the fanbase never give him enough credit.)
Zook: Slightly underrated (I think his gameplay is well-designed. I think he just got what he deserved in the end. But the devs are way underhyping one of the best Life characters yo.)
Stealth Elf: Overrated (They are way overpromoting her. And let me be blunt, as a female, I think that she is dull as a rock and should not be the flagship Skylady like how they have her everywhere. She does not deserve all the reposes she is getting. The only thing I like about her gameplay is Forest Ninja, that path is fairly good, but it's not spectacular. She is up there with Jet-Vac and Eruptor.)
Tree Rex: Neither (Not much to say.)
Shroomboom: Slightly underrated (I do think that he's one of my least favourite Skylanders, but he has basically no fanbase, and they devs have given up on promoting him now.)**

But frankly, wether something is underrated / overrated is subjective and cannot be marked as a fact, because you will hate some Skylander and if they have a big base you'll find them overrated, while others will love them and find it fair.
#197 Posted: 19:18:37 29/09/2013
Overrated:
All Magic except DT and Voodood.
Flashwing
Terrafin on the Sandhog path (Brawler Terrafin is underrated)
Hot Dog
Hex
Cynder
Stealth Elf
Punk Bomb Green Sparx Gems: 230
#198 Posted: 19:46:15 29/09/2013
I think Prism Break and Fright Rider are overrated.
---
Give me money!
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3251
#199 Posted: 20:01:44 29/09/2013
Overrated: Eruptor
Underrated: Ghost Roaster
IMO.
#200 Posted: 20:14:06 29/09/2013
Overrated:
All Magic except DT and Voodood.
Flashwing
Terrafin on the Sandhog path (Brawler Terrafin is underrated)
Hot Dog
Hex
Cynder
Stealth Elf

Wrecking Ball isn't overrated...
---
First | Previous | Page 4 of 5 | Last
1 2 3 4 5

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me