darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure > Who would you consider the main characters of Spyro's Adventure?
Page 1 of 1
Who would you consider the main characters of Spyro's Adventure? [CLOSED]
DinoHex Blue Sparx Gems: 735
#1 Posted: 19:44:35 05/10/2012 | Topic Creator
I'm not talking about characters like Hugo and Flynn, I am talking about which Skylander characters would you consider the main characters of Spyro's Adventure? This isn't necessarily your "favourite" characters either. Based on what material is out there, be it trailers or cutscenes, who would you say are the main characters from each element? It took me a while, but I've finally decided on a set of characters that I'd consider the main cast.

Tech: Trigger Happy: Comes with the game, and is prominently featured in promotional material, merchandise, and the opening battle cutscene.
Magic: Spyro: His name is in the subtitle, so I think he's pretty much the main character of the Magic element.
Water: Gil-Grunt: Same deal as Trigger Happy
Earth: Terrafin: Featured in the opening battle cutscene, and prominently featured in the tall tales trailer.

Here's where it gets a bit trickier.

Air: Very little promotional material for the first game features the air element, so based purely on appearance, I'd say that Whirlwind is the most "Main-charactery" of the air element.

Life: A tough choice between either Stealth Elf or Stump Smash. Stealth Elf is in the middle of the group shot on the cover, and is also included in the 3DS starter pack. Yet I personally would say that Stump Smash fits the role better, mostly due to his appearance in the opening battle cutscene fighting alongside Trigger Happy as if they frequently fight together.

Undead: The obvious choice is Cynder, though personally I don't think she belongs in the main character role. Though I'm probably just being biased and would rather put Chop-Chop in the main character slot, but Cynder IS a Spyro character, and was featured in the Tall Tales trailer, so I'd reluctantly say she's the main character of the undead element.

Fire: I'd say Flameslinger for the same reason as Whirlwind in that he just looks the most like a main character than the other fire elements. Ignitor was included with the 3DS game, but he's not a very fun character personality wise to give him the slot of main character.

What do you think? Does this look right to you?
[User Posted Image]

Who would you consider the main characters?
---
smilie smilie and smilie: The three greatest Skylanders out of them all.
ChopChop102 Blue Sparx Gems: 604
#2 Posted: 20:14:03 05/10/2012
I 100# agree
---
News: Blue Sparx Baby
Avatar: Ultimate assassins creed song- Look it up on youtube
ShadowMewX Diamond Sparx Gems: 8081
#3 Posted: 21:07:16 05/10/2012
smilie, smilie, smilie, smilie, and smilie I agree on. However...

I don't think smilie is the main Life. He's in many commercials, true, but not as popular as other Life. I think smilie's better for this: she is featured in the front of most merchandise, in the 3DS pack, and has a sidekick. Not only that, many fans like her. So smilie for main Life.

Next up: smilie. The only commercial I recall him being in is the First Giants one- otherwise, I think smilie would work better. He's in almost every commercial shown barfing up lava. Also, we hear from smilie more than smilie, so I think we should go with smilie as main Fire.

Finally, discussion for smilie. She's my favorite Skylander, but definetly not the main Air. She's too feminine for some players, and shown almost nowhere. Air's tricky because they aren't shown on much merchandise nor in many commercials, but I think smilie's best for Air. She is much liked and well rounded. Not much more I can add, but yeah, smilie edges her way to being main Air.

I think this sounds slightly better than your list, DinoHex- don't get me wrong, yours is fine though, and I can't change your opinion if you like yours better. smilie
---
Let's bust bunsen burners and bounce!
terrafan Blue Sparx Gems: 699
#4 Posted: 21:39:31 05/10/2012
Main fire element is ignitor hands down
---
Awaiting: Disney Infinity, Batman Arkham Origins, Pokemon Y
DinoHex Blue Sparx Gems: 735
#5 Posted: 21:43:19 05/10/2012 | Topic Creator
In all honesty, I kind of agree with you on Stealth Elf and Eruptor. I was actually originally going to put them in the main character slots, but I guess my own personal bias seeped through a bit. I'm really not a fan of Stealth Elf, and I'm a big fan of Stump Smash, so I guess I was trying to find an excuse to not include her. smilie Also, while I still think Flameslinger looks more "Main Charactery", I agree that Eruptor has been in more stuff, and when lined up together, having both Flameslinger and stelth Elf looks really weird.

The only character I'm still unsure about is Sonic Boom, and I'll admit this is probably my personal bias again since I REALLY don't like Sonic Boom, and really like Whirlwind. I honestly think Sonic Boom looks more feminine than Whirlwind, so I'm still not entirely convinced on that reasoning. I'll admit that Sonic Boom looks right lined up with the others though, so you may very well be right about that.

[User Posted Image]

Guess there's overall still a bit of personal bias when deciding the main cast, but yeah, I should have stuck with my original reasoning and chose Stealth Elf and Eruptor. I just REALLY don't like Stealth Elf, so I really didn't want to. smilie
---
smilie smilie and smilie: The three greatest Skylanders out of them all.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:44:53 05/10/2012 by DinoHex
andy2467 Blue Sparx Gems: 880
#6 Posted: 02:27:51 06/10/2012
Quote: DinoHex
In all honesty, I kind of agree with you on Stealth Elf and Eruptor. I was actually originally going to put them in the main character slots, but I guess my own personal bias seeped through a bit. I'm really not a fan of Stealth Elf, and I'm a big fan of Stump Smash, so I guess I was trying to find an excuse to not include her. smilie Also, while I still think Flameslinger looks more "Main Charactery", I agree that Eruptor has been in more stuff, and when lined up together, having both Flameslinger and stelth Elf looks really weird.

The only character I'm still unsure about is Sonic Boom, and I'll admit this is probably my personal bias again since I REALLY don't like Sonic Boom, and really like Whirlwind. I honestly think Sonic Boom looks more feminine than Whirlwind, so I'm still not entirely convinced on that reasoning. I'll admit that Sonic Boom looks right lined up with the others though, so you may very well be right about that.

[User Posted Image]

Guess there's overall still a bit of personal bias when deciding the main cast, but yeah, I should have stuck with my original reasoning and chose Stealth Elf and Eruptor. I just REALLY don't like Stealth Elf, so I really didn't want to. smilie

i agree with smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie and maybe smilie its between her and smilie
and for smilie ur original one was bout 100% (except flameslinger and whirlwind) correct but its just but really i think smilie is the 4th or 5th main character between him and smilie
so who cares if some people say "stealth elf is on the cover" well stumpy is on it to
wat bout boomer hes liked a lot and is on the front cover is he a main skylander, NO thats stupid (im not talking bout u im talking bout bozos like this dumba** i know) boomer is great but it doesnt mean hes a main skylander
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:36:24 06/10/2012 by andy2467
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#7 Posted: 03:55:14 06/10/2012
smilie Obviously!
smilie The one Skylander I truly hate... *shakes fist madly*
smilie Comes with game.
smilie Fire is featured very rarely, but Eruptor tends to get a lot of merchandise alongside the main four unlike, say, Ignitor. Including plushies, a mouse set, a headphone set and more.
smilie Drobot is very close- but Trigger Happy is a base character.
smilie I don't really see Cynder on much stuff, to be honest. But I think it's very close anyway. Hex and Ghost Roaster are probably on nothing, but Chop Chop was sorta dropped a while after Cynder came out... Though... Chop Chop is on the cover of a bunch more stuff.
smilie The others were hardly seen before Wave Three and they still don't get very much advertisement.
smilie She's on the cover of the main game and we saw her a lot when the game was first announced, more than Stump Smash.

PERSONALLY, I consider the characters I play as in my team to be my OWN main characters, but in terms of marketing it's definetly something like this.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:21:32 06/10/2012 by Nibelilt
WUMBOSIMPSON Yellow Sparx Gems: 1424
#8 Posted: 04:51:58 06/10/2012
THE MAIN CHARACTERS: The dragons.
---
cry baby, I am
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#9 Posted: 14:56:09 06/10/2012
SSA: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Dmcrocks Gold Sparx Gems: 2182
#10 Posted: 02:24:26 07/10/2012
Boomer
Voodood
Wham-Shell
Sunburn
Camo
Dino-Rang
Ghost Roaster
Warnado

They were too good for giants!
---
if you're looking to get in contact with me, please go through http://petty-bourgeoisie.tumblr.com
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5332
#11 Posted: 05:43:11 07/10/2012
spyro
eruptor
trigger
gill grunt
stealth elf
annd cynder slightly in SSA, but definately in SG.
skyoutube Green Sparx Gems: 497
#12 Posted: 01:13:18 15/10/2012
Well, if I made a list of my main characters, the starter pack characters would automatically be on the list.
#13 Posted: 21:36:47 15/10/2012
smilie
smilie
smilie
smilie
smilie
smilie
smilie
smilie i dunno none of the air skylanders r main characters
why do people think drobot is a main character i dont get how?
---
D-Rex Blue Sparx Gems: 815
#14 Posted: 22:50:00 15/10/2012
Stealth Elf.

Nobody else matters.

At least according to the advertising poster.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#15 Posted: 22:54:14 15/10/2012
Quote: andy2467

[User Posted Image]

and for smilie ur original one was bout 100% (except flameslinger and whirlwind) correct but its just but really i think smilie is the 4th or 5th main character between him and smilie
so who cares if some people say "stealth elf is on the cover" well stumpy is on it to
wat bout boomer hes liked a lot and is on the front cover is he a main skylander, NO thats stupid

Quote: D-Rex
Stealth Elf.

Nobody else matters.

At least according to the advertising poster.

look at wat i said ^
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:54:34 15/10/2012 by andy2467
Hazard335 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1435
#16 Posted: 10:22:31 17/10/2012

[User Posted Image]

i disagree with Cynder. shes the fan base fav, but the developers clearly favored Chop Chop. he was one of the first skylanders they made, as well as pushed him over any other undead on all the merchandise.
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#17 Posted: 16:20:42 17/10/2012
Gill Grunt glorigication garrisson
---
THE END IS NEAR
Eruptor777 Green Sparx Gems: 132
#18 Posted: 22:31:30 18/10/2012
I think:
Magic: smilie
Earth: smilie
Water: smilie
Fire: smilie
Tech: smilie
Undead: smilie
Air: smilie
Life: smilie
Period. Deal With It.
---
MAH FAVORITE SKYLANDERS!
smilie Eruptor smilie Terrafin smilie Boomer smilie Wham Shell smilie Hot Dog, and smilie Hot Head!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me