First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
In-Game Model Editing [CLOSED]
SpyroSC Blue Sparx Gems: 725
#51 Posted: 08:24:03 27/10/2012
The models and sounds are kept in different files. Pretty much everything is separated, or at least that's what it's like in the game files I've been rummaging through.
---
IT'S A DRAGON
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#52 Posted: 14:10:23 27/10/2012
Sorry, I never saw your reply bro.

What I mean for Brawl is- wouldn't it be possible in SSA and Giants to swap the textures on the models?

For instance, you have Spyro but replace it with say, Camo's model. The attacks are the same, and the model stretches to the character making unholy combinations like Pikaman

[User Posted Image]

Alternatively, wouldn't it be possible to make say, Legendary coloration for any characters? Like in Brawl, people have been able to entirely edit character's models. I don't know much about how it works, but I'd guess you should be able to do something like that in any game really.

[User Posted Image]
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#53 Posted: 19:41:39 27/10/2012
LONGACHU!
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
cheatruler Blue Sparx Gems: 590
#54 Posted: 05:44:00 29/10/2012 | Topic Creator
I believe that if each of the model 'bones' were replicated from the skylanders model into the LoS model that the character could move like normal, its just a theory which i'm still unable to test until I manage to successfully extract the files, unfortunately with block exams coming up in a few weeks I've had little chance to continue experimenting. And i'm sure that the giants models could be replaced but I don't really plan on going out of my way to buy it simply for modeling purposes.
---
I refuse to pay for Skylanders. They only used the name 'Spyro' to sell. Before anyone else yells at me Craigslist has a free section.
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me