1 2
Skylanders is a bad game. [CLOSED]
darkdragon3809 Gold Sparx Gems: 2264
#1 Posted: 08:43:09 17/09/2012 | Topic Creator
Boring and bad.. horrible, atrocious.

*waits*
SpyroSC Blue Sparx Gems: 725
#2 Posted: 09:24:21 17/09/2012
This will be my first post in the Skylanders section. I will wait with you.
---
IT'S A DRAGON
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5322
#3 Posted: 09:29:33 17/09/2012
well, I really like skylanders because it reminds me of other games and is cute, but everyone has an opinion and every opinion is valid.
hope you guys don't get trampled D:
#4 Posted: 09:50:15 17/09/2012
Quote: crystalhero37
well, I really like skylanders because it reminds me of other games and is cute, but everyone has an opinion and every opinion is valid.
hope you guys don't get trampled D:

I don't think it's a bad game. I just want to see what happens.
---
IT'S A DRAGON
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5322
#5 Posted: 09:54:24 17/09/2012
ah, well lets all wait :0
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#6 Posted: 10:21:37 17/09/2012
I've posted this before;
I don't think it is a bad game, just that every impact it has made on the Spyro franchise is bad.

Such a long wait, such a disappointing turnout. Let's just hope they weren't lying about him getting his own game again.
On its own Skylanders is mediocre anyway, IMO. If only they had not stuffed Spyro into this mess.
DinoHex Blue Sparx Gems: 735
#7 Posted: 10:31:35 17/09/2012
Ordinarily I'd probably be annoyed by this post, but checking the original poster's youtube account, he's from Australia, and Australians are just too darn lovable to get mad at. Besides, I'd be mad too if I didn't like a game I paid 800 dollars for or however much games cost in Australia.

And in fairness, even as a fan of Skylanders, he's actually right about it being really boring. :/ The 3DS game was a lot more action packed though. A shame it was so dang short and unsatisfying to 100%. :/
---
smilie smilie and smilie: The three greatest Skylanders out of them all.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 10:33:25 17/09/2012 by DinoHex
#8 Posted: 10:42:22 17/09/2012 | Topic Creator
Aw the "he's from Australia" comment :')

This be my second post in the Skylanders section, I just wanted to see all the 'lil 11 year-old getting mad at me smilie
Free entertainment smilie
#9 Posted: 10:47:30 17/09/2012
I think the biggest problem is the replay value.

In Australia, figures cost $15 each at default (Though a lot of places are selling them for $10-$12 now) and started off at $12.

Now look at the time you will likely spend on each figure:
3DS Game- Takes about 1.5 hours to level two at once grinding Lava Flow Grotto
Console Game- Takes about .5 hours to grind Gold at Lair of Kaos and an extra 1.5 for Heroics (And if you have the Wii version you can even get Gold within Heroics)

Obviously there are some extra things to do, however, there is just so little overall. Everything is easy to find(in both versions), and everything is easy to achieve. And there's little incentive to play Battle or replay through the game
Universe... I would count that, but most people don't actually play that, and I'm not definitive on the time. However, I do urge everyone to try it out, I have spent at least a day worth of time on there as Dark Spyro alone and he is still at Level 25- which is only halfway through the work. So that is the easiest way to extend your playtime. I actually commend the developers on making such a fun world to explore and customize there.
Regardless, it's a shame that the game is so barren...
#10 Posted: 10:49:00 17/09/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Nibelilt

In Australia, figures cost $15 each at default (Though a lot of places are selling them for $10-$12 now) and started off at $12.

Console Game- Takes about .5 hours to grind Gold at Lair of Kaos and an extra 1.5 for Heroics (And if you have the Wii version you can even get Gold within Heroics)

Obviously there are some extra things to do, however, there is just so little overall. Everything is easy to find(in both versions), and everything is easy to achieve. And there's little incentive to play Battle or replay through the game
Universe... I would count that, but most people don't actually play that, and I'm not definitive on the time. However, I do urge everyone to try it out, I have spent at least a day worth of time on there as Dark Spyro alone and he is still at Level 25- which is only halfway through the work. So that is the easiest way to extend your playtime. I actually commend the developers on making such a fun world to explore and customize there.

Ok...but it still doesn't explain why your avatar has a spanner smilie
#11 Posted: 10:50:15 17/09/2012
Quote: darkdragon3809

I really should use it to fix the game smilie
#12 Posted: 10:50:56 17/09/2012

Likes the character, maybe?
---
IT'S A DRAGON
#13 Posted: 10:55:55 17/09/2012 | Topic Creator

I really should use it to fix the game smilie

Hahahhahahah smilie YES, GO smilie
#14 Posted: 11:20:56 17/09/2012
I like this topic. It's just like Stuff and Nonsense.
---
IT'S A DRAGON
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#15 Posted: 16:24:33 17/09/2012
*summons popcorn for bystanders*
I'd give my opinion.Boring?Indeed,unless you've got a new toy or an objective.Bad? Take out the toy function,and it might as well be. But horrible and atrocious,not at all.Cute,creative,pretty designs and a great concept,not to mention some of the bad points going to fixed in Giants and such. I really wanted to spend less in this game considering how little you end up playing,but if you like it,you won't be that frustrated by it.As long as they get the series better and better,and in the right direction,it might one day be as good as some of the series out there. o3o
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
WUMBOSIMPSON Yellow Sparx Gems: 1424
#16 Posted: 16:43:41 17/09/2012
It's not a bad game, it's fun. The only problem are the dinosaurs.
---
cry baby, I am
Archie Gold Sparx Gems: 2476
#17 Posted: 17:04:39 17/09/2012
Skylanders is not a BORING game. I like it & my daughter loves it.
---
SSA 37/37 SG 62/62 SSF 75/75 STT 72/72 Traps 57/60(+1 xtra light/dark) SSC 0!
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#18 Posted: 18:54:30 17/09/2012

*waits*

You'll find that with the exception of a small part of the fanbase, most Skylanders fans aren't "11-year olds". I mean, if you have some sort of explanation to back up your claim, that'd be just dandy but otherwise this will inevitably become a troll thread.

Personally, I really enjoy Skylanders. Is it my favorite game series of all time? No. But it's certainly a fun time waster, and considering the toys are actually pretty neat as well (i collect a lot of different lines..some MUCH more expensive than a standard Skylander figure that does nothing) it's a relatively good game from my standpoint.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#19 Posted: 19:05:49 17/09/2012
Quote: spyroflame0487

*waits*

You'll find that with the exception of a small part of the fanbase, most Skylanders fans aren't "11-year olds". I mean, if you have some sort of explanation to back up your claim, that'd be just dandy but otherwise this will inevitably become a troll thread.

Personally, I really enjoy Skylanders. Is it my favorite game series of all time? No. But it's certainly a fun time waster, and considering the toys are actually pretty neat as well (i collect a lot of different lines..some MUCH more expensive than a standard Skylander figure that does nothing) it's a relatively good game from my standpoint.

Congratuations! You've failed the test.
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#20 Posted: 22:50:45 17/09/2012
Quote: bionicle2809
Quote: spyroflame0487

*waits*

Congratuations! You've failed the test.

I know he's doing it as a joke, but still- there's a lot of opinions about the game and hopefully they can be sorted out without something silly happening.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#21 Posted: 02:24:12 18/09/2012
Quote: WUMBOSIMPSON

Yeah, there's only one dinosaur and two that sort of resemble them, we need more!
---
#all Spyros are valid
#22 Posted: 05:52:47 18/09/2012
I'm not sure if I expected this or not... Other than Archie's comment.
---
IT'S A DRAGON
#23 Posted: 10:35:29 18/09/2012 | Topic Creator
I never really even knew adults used the forum...unless he's one of those teenage fathers...
#24 Posted: 10:31:57 21/09/2012
Nah, adults use this forum.
---
IT'S A DRAGON
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#25 Posted: 11:03:02 21/09/2012
I never really even knew adults used the forum...unless he's one of those teenage fathers...

Probably.
*shot*
amazingSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2729
#26 Posted: 03:36:21 23/09/2012
I, personally, disliked this game. THIS.... IS....... NOT and will NEVER be the Spyro I know. Give me another LoS game anyday. (this is all my opinion)
---
Remember the old days when you could just slap omni-gel on everything?
#27 Posted: 04:05:19 23/09/2012
It ruined Spyro, but in itself isn't a bad game. I still don't like it, but I won't dis people for it. Same kinda views as Nibelilt, I think. 'Ruined Spyro, but good game'
---
IT'S A DRAGON
WUMBOSIMPSON Yellow Sparx Gems: 1424
#28 Posted: 05:04:32 23/09/2012
Quote: Okaps

Yeah, there's only one dinosaur and two that sort of resemble them, we need more!

Do you know what a dinosaur is? Someone who can't take change. I hate them.

(ZOMG BROZ HALO 4WILL SUK CUZ NOW THER IZ LOADOUTS AND IM SO FRICIKN MAD)
(SKYLANDARZ SUK BROS OLD SPTROHS WUZ ZO MUHC BEATRE)
Dino Rang rules BTW!
---
cry baby, I am
#29 Posted: 05:18:24 24/09/2012
Quote: Okaps

Do you know what a dinosaur is? Someone who can't take change. I hate them.

(ZOMG BROZ HALO 4WILL SUK CUZ NOW THER IZ LOADOUTS AND IM SO FRICIKN MAD)
(SKYLANDARZ SUK BROS OLD SPTROHS WUZ ZO MUHC BEATRE)
Dino Rang rules BTW!

Work on your spelling. Those are good points.
---
IT'S A DRAGON
juz Green Sparx Gems: 370
#30 Posted: 06:17:14 24/09/2012

obvious troll is obvious
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 06:32:28 24/09/2012 by juz
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8179
#31 Posted: 22:42:13 24/09/2012
I don't think of it as a bad game. I mean more people might play it if Spyro and Cynder were taken out of it. but Spyro and Cynder are fun to play as so why people be hatin' on the game so badly when the last series wasn't really going anywhere (I meant like no plot to continue the series even though there's fanfics)
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
terrafan Blue Sparx Gems: 699
#32 Posted: 23:03:10 24/09/2012
I can't stress it enough. SPYRO IS NEVER GONNA LOOK LIKE THE OLD ONE
---
Awaiting: Disney Infinity, Batman Arkham Origins, Pokemon Y
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8179
#33 Posted: 01:12:22 25/09/2012
they're trying......they're trying
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#34 Posted: 09:26:48 25/09/2012
I just love how this turned panned out exactly as planned.
---
IT'S A DRAGON
BigBoom Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#35 Posted: 16:57:17 25/09/2012
I'm neutral to it, it's not bad, but it's not the best.
---
this user has died. written on a note was their darkspyro login. they say hello from beyond the grave.
thomas12146 Blue Sparx Gems: 587
#36 Posted: 19:42:21 27/09/2012
No it's not
Take it you like Nyan Cat and older spyro games
---
Got smilie smilie smilie smilie S2 smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie S2 smilie smilie smilie 3pk and smilie 3pk.
Not on SSA/G.But on DS
TheAceOfBreath Green Sparx Gems: 356
#37 Posted: 21:52:52 27/09/2012
Quote: BigBoom
I'm neutral to it, it's not bad, but it's not the best.

This.
---
"We're talking about Hetalia."
"No wonder I don't understand."
Ryanator20x6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1848
#38 Posted: 22:04:12 27/09/2012
Can this topic go die in a hole?
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#39 Posted: 07:27:26 28/09/2012
No it can't.
#40 Posted: 07:37:53 28/09/2012
Quote: thomas12146
No it's not

... I'm not quite sure how to respond to that.
#41 Posted: 08:42:51 28/09/2012
Quote: thomas12146
No it's not

This isn't a 'Spyro' game. Again, this topic is awesome.
---
IT'S A DRAGON
Kiro Blue Sparx Gems: 765
#42 Posted: 17:14:56 28/09/2012
It's like Graffiti Kingdom. Very childish functions, awful voice acting, so-so replay value.
But, the premise is fun and overall a great time killer.
---
"I find this to be particularly.... particularly.....sheep dung."
PinkWater Yellow Sparx Gems: 1059
#43 Posted: 22:52:54 29/09/2012

*waits*

Whatever. That's, like, your opinion, man.
---
CILAN IS THE SEXIEST MAN ALIVE.

I DARE YOU TO PROVE ME WRONG! ...Actually don't. I'm quite biased.
Purple n Spyro Ripto Gems: 1096
#44 Posted: 00:58:47 30/09/2012
It's a decent game. But seriously, I really dislike the fact you made this thread.
Ryanator20x6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1848
#45 Posted: 12:22:23 30/09/2012
Now I'm super raging with brutal fury.
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
#46 Posted: 12:25:38 30/09/2012
Quote: Ryanator20x6
Now I'm super raging with brutal fury.

[User Posted Image]
-----
terrafan Blue Sparx Gems: 699
#47 Posted: 14:59:00 30/09/2012
I Lol'd at that more than the topic title. *SARCASM*
---
Awaiting: Disney Infinity, Batman Arkham Origins, Pokemon Y
ChopChop102 Blue Sparx Gems: 604
#48 Posted: 15:13:32 30/09/2012
You are a bad game
---
News: Blue Sparx Baby
Avatar: Ultimate assassins creed song- Look it up on youtube
#49 Posted: 06:10:44 01/10/2012
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Wow, did you guys really fall for this...? BWAHAHAHAHAHA PEOPLE ARE STUPID!
---
IT'S A DRAGON
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me