Page 1 of 1
Ghost Roaster: Evil? [CLOSED]
D-Rex Blue Sparx Gems: 815
#1 Posted: 23:23:51 16/09/2012 | Topic Creator
I added a bit of info that Ghost Roaster might be considered the only "evil" Skylander on his wiki page but it got deleted twice and rather than getting into a huge edit war about something that is still sort of speculation, I decided instead to run it by other people to see what they thought. More sensible and plus it'll be a good way to analyze the character of my favorite Skylander, to see how different people interpret him and his motives.

Personally, I think he's still evil, his backstory has no signs or indication that he's reformed, unlike Hex and Cynder. Plus, there's a suspicious lack of any sort of heroic deads. Again, unlike Hex and Cynder.

Sure, that's that whole "only eating evil ghosts" thing, but that's always paired with the fact that Eon specifically told him he'd be kept around if he did that.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
princessluna409 Green Sparx Gems: 469
#2 Posted: 23:31:00 16/09/2012
Idk... maybe.
---
Mah life be like pugs
My dream is to be a pretty princess in a rainbow castle
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#3 Posted: 23:40:24 16/09/2012
Maybe that's why he has no repose
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#4 Posted: 01:14:49 17/09/2012
I don't think he's ''evil'' he was just hungry smilie
---
THE END IS NEAR
Toleroh Yellow Sparx Gems: 1858
#5 Posted: 01:32:12 17/09/2012
He looks evil but he eats ghosts (bad ghosts / bad guys). He's a good guy with attitude. Scaring bad guys ain't bad.
---
BATTLECAST: StumpSmashRules#405
PortalMaster Happy Libertyelf (RIP). Favor-eight: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#6 Posted: 02:45:40 17/09/2012
His a token evil teammate, Eon thought it would be better having him on his side then against and that most people generally do not want to cross him.

Hex And Cynder despite being feared seem to get along well with most of the other skylanders *The tall tales trailer as well as Hex and everyone laughing when Trigger's gun blasted her rump*
#7 Posted: 03:52:31 17/09/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: nitendofan92

That's actually an interesting way to look at it. It's simply his nature to eat ghosts, he can't help it. Luckily, Eon gave him proper direction if that was the case.

Quote: Toleroh
He looks evil but he eats ghosts (bad ghosts / bad guys). He's a good guy with attitude. Scaring bad guys ain't bad.

I don't think he's a good guy, per se, in the sticker book, it's said he wanted to turn Hex into a hamburger.

Quote: Jackson117
His a token evil teammate, Eon thought it would be better having him on his side then against and that most people generally do not want to cross him.

Hex And Cynder despite being feared seem to get along well with most of the other skylanders *The tall tales trailer as well as Hex and everyone laughing when Trigger's gun blasted her rump*

Yes, that's what I think. He's the token evil teammate. He's the guy you can't really trust but have around because he's so effective at what he does.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
scottbot3000 Green Sparx Gems: 174
#8 Posted: 06:41:05 17/09/2012
i think he needs to go to the dentist
---
6/48 have: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
30/32 smiliesmilie
fav : smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5322
#9 Posted: 09:32:31 17/09/2012
he seems to be trying to be neutral.
as at first he almost turned hex into a ham burger. smilie
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#10 Posted: 16:18:37 17/09/2012
Nah,more of a Anti-Hero.As the Sticker Book bio suggests,Olav simply doesn't care if he's eating sentient ghosts,he just likes it and there wasn't anyone stopping him,since he just got punished for it after decimating a village.
As the others said,Eon simply noticed it'd be better to have Ghost Roaster on his side better than have an essential weapon against Undead against him. Considering how he never stops laughing ingame,Roaster might as well be completely crazy nowadays and just kill stuff he's ordered to.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
CAMOflauge Blue Sparx Gems: 504
#11 Posted: 06:36:02 18/09/2012
Quote: D-Rex
Quote: nitendofan92

That's actually an interesting way to look at it. It's simply his nature to eat ghosts, he can't help it. Luckily, Eon gave him proper direction if that was the case.

Quote: Toleroh

I don't think he's a good guy, per se, in the sticker book, it's said he wanted to turn Hex into a hamburger.

Quote: Jackson117

Yes, that's what I think. He's the token evil teammate. He's the guy you can't really trust but have around because he's so effective at what he does.

He's the Snape of Skylanders smilie
---
Boomy Boo,I'm watching you~
Kurui: http://soundcloud.com/inabakageroza/ok-i-did-it
Pasta!
WUMBOSIMPSON Yellow Sparx Gems: 1424
#12 Posted: 06:55:49 18/09/2012
What about Cynder?
---
cry baby, I am
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#13 Posted: 17:23:34 18/09/2012
Quote: WUMBOSIMPSON
What about Cynder?

Skylands!Cynder is mostly evil-looking for fun.In the Sticker Book profile,she vows to fight for good,and while not everyone trusts her,no other stories in the book show that she's done anything bad after being freed.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#14 Posted: 01:53:02 19/09/2012
What about Cynder?

The thing about everyone mistrusting her seems a bit hazy as it seems most of the Skylanders do trust her, mostly in the tall tales trailer they seem pretty calm about her being there.

It seems more like the trust issue goes Cynder>Hex>Ghost Roaster
#15 Posted: 04:50:52 27/09/2012 | Topic Creator
What about Cynder?

As said, she's reformed and fights for the good wholeheartedly. She only seems scary.
---
Ryanator20x6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1848
#16 Posted: 19:22:25 27/09/2012
I'd say put it as a possibility.
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
Sanctum Nomen Green Sparx Gems: 416
#17 Posted: 20:27:42 27/09/2012
His scores on fasted level runs are Evil that's 1 thing I know
PearlHex Green Sparx Gems: 345
#18 Posted: 00:22:42 14/11/2012
Evil? Not sure. Awesome? Yes!
---
"Fear the Dark"
Kurui Ripto Gems: 191
#19 Posted: 21:08:09 17/11/2012
Evil or no, he will always be my fav skylander. He's the first one I played with.
Seasonofice99 Red Sparx Gems: 77
#20 Posted: 23:06:31 27/11/2012
What? Ghost roaster crazy? What madness is this?!
---
Penguins Are Evil!
PinkWater Yellow Sparx Gems: 1059
#21 Posted: 00:29:31 28/11/2012
Maybe ghosts are all Roaster can eat, so he's just... odd.
---
CILAN IS THE SEXIEST MAN ALIVE.

I DARE YOU TO PROVE ME WRONG! ...Actually don't. I'm quite biased.
Purple n Spyro Ripto Gems: 1096
#22 Posted: 05:06:57 28/11/2012
I haven't played as him, so not entirely sure, but I doubt he's evil.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me