Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Mobile > Skylanders: Battlegrounds and Skylanders Lost Islands
Page 1 of 1
Skylanders: Battlegrounds and Skylanders Lost Islands [CLOSED]
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#1 Posted: 15:50:42 21/08/2012 | Topic Creator
Interesting info on new trademarks filed by Activision:

http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2...tlegrounds-ios/
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
zook it up Gold Sparx Gems: 2241
#2 Posted: 15:55:48 21/08/2012
interesting
---
Green Bean Machine
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#3 Posted: 16:01:28 21/08/2012 | Topic Creator
If they can figure out a way to use your existing characters (with levels, hats, stats) in an iPad game, it would be a home run. It would take the cross platform aspect of Skylanders to a new level. That is where cloud patrol is lacking, you can use your codes to unlock the characters, but they aren't really "your" Skylanders.
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#4 Posted: 16:52:13 21/08/2012
That looks interesting.
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#5 Posted: 17:27:03 21/08/2012
First sign of a series being milked to death: Mobile games.
*Prepares for flame war.*
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#6 Posted: 17:53:39 21/08/2012
Quote: parisruelz12

Except Cloud Patrol has been around for ages and they announced that there would be mobile games the moment they announce SSA - that was kind of the point that it was cross-platform.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#7 Posted: 18:04:44 21/08/2012
Here's what i think could happen.

[User Posted Image]

I think there would be kit that included a ios portal, a connector cable, and the app download.

When you put a skylander on that portal, it would come alive in the app.
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#8 Posted: 18:05:41 21/08/2012
Quote: bionicle2809

Except Cloud Patrol has been around for ages and they announced that there would be mobile games the moment they announce SSA - that was kind of the point that it was cross-platform.

But still. Activison is going to milk this series dry.
Just watch.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#9 Posted: 18:58:02 21/08/2012
Quote: bionicle2809

But still. Activison is going to milk this series dry.
Just watch.

Skylanders only exists for the very purpose to be milked. The milking is happening already. The milking is a present event. Now, is this a bad thing? No. If the game is good and people enjoy it, it doesn't matter if it's soul purpose is to be milked. All retail games exist to make large amounts of money for their developers/publishers, milking it is just a quicker way of doing this. Even if people don't give a **** about Skylanders in 2 years time, Activision will have made far more money than they could have expected before SSA was released - that's why they're milking it whilst it's new.
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#10 Posted: 21:28:05 21/08/2012
The milking is was the game was built on; why else make all these toys and demand you buy 8 to get total completion?
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#11 Posted: 04:26:06 24/08/2012
Does anyone else think Battlegrounds toy use is OPTIONAL? I'm sure a lot of people would get annoyed at scalping of Battlegrounds Portals and I expect them to play it safe and let you use Web Codes still.
DinoHex Blue Sparx Gems: 735
#12 Posted: 20:11:19 24/08/2012
Quote: ZapNorris

[User Posted Image]

I think there would be kit that included a ios portal, a connector cable, and the app download.

Sweet! It'd be like having a link cable again! I wonder if I were to rip the cable out of the portal while the Skylander is being transported into the game, would I be able to clone it and get two of them? Hmm....
---
smilie smilie and smilie: The three greatest Skylanders out of them all.
WUMBOSIMPSON Yellow Sparx Gems: 1424
#13 Posted: 02:54:07 25/08/2012
milk the cow!!!
---
cry baby, I am
dragonmk Blue Sparx Gems: 761
#14 Posted: 04:20:46 25/08/2012
Quote: DinoHex
Quote: ZapNorris

[User Posted Image]

Sweet! It'd be like having a link cable again! I wonder if I were to rip the cable out of the portal while the Skylander is being transported into the game, would I be able to clone it and get two of them? Hmm....

No you would get two junk pokemon smilie
---
I havent updated since I don't particularly care but I have gotten all the skylanders except varients only ones are glow Warnado and WERDS
Ryanator20x6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1848
#15 Posted: 19:02:05 26/08/2012
It better be on android this time smilie
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
terrafan Blue Sparx Gems: 699
#16 Posted: 19:06:57 26/08/2012
Quote: Ryanator20x6

This^
http://memegenerator.net/instance/25608261
---
Awaiting: Disney Infinity, Batman Arkham Origins, Pokemon Y
WUMBOSIMPSON Yellow Sparx Gems: 1424
#17 Posted: 07:36:36 15/10/2012

Our video
---
cry baby, I am
kiz3000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1734
#18 Posted: 08:53:34 15/10/2012
Me: "Say mo"
You: "Mo"
Me: "Say bile"
You: "Bile"
Me: "Now say mobile"
You:"Mobull"

(A spin on a classic Family Guy sketch)

Anyway back on topic, the portal will not come with a cable. Activision would save a hell of a lot of money by making it work via bluetooth,which is confirmed, than try and make a cable work through the Apple devices propiety port. Also the fact that the new iphone has a mini port so it wouldn't work with that without a converter anyway.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:53:49 15/10/2012 by kiz3000
Krownz Red Sparx Gems: 88
#19 Posted: 21:00:24 25/10/2012
Two things to note, which I'm sure we're all aware of, but no one's brought up:

This includes a Royal Double Trouble.

[User Posted Image]

And a Platinum Treasure Chest. The Chest is said to unlock "digital content"... possible gem-only purchases from the apps?

Thinking about using this in the console versions and what the difference would be between it and the original Treasure Chest. How amazing would it be if this chest paid out more?

Hey, a guy can dream!
---
For the Horde!
CAMOflauge Blue Sparx Gems: 504
#20 Posted: 22:32:05 25/10/2012
Quote: Krownz
Two things to note, which I'm sure we're all aware of, but no one's brought up:

This includes a Royal Double Trouble.

[User Posted Image]

And a Platinum Treasure Chest. The Chest is said to unlock "digital content"... possible gem-only purchases from the apps?

Thinking about using this in the console versions and what the difference would be between it and the original Treasure Chest. How amazing would it be if this chest paid out more?

Hey, a guy can dream!

A red Sparx,with a Pokémon avatar who actually spells properly?
*Faints*
---
Boomy Boo,I'm watching you~
Kurui: http://soundcloud.com/inabakageroza/ok-i-did-it
Pasta!
#21 Posted: 09:07:17 26/10/2012
Quote: CAMOflauge
*Faints*

ACTUALLY... The avatar is a caricature of me. I do a webcomic called Self-Centered Tortoise. smilie
---
For the Horde!
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5322
#22 Posted: 09:42:30 26/10/2012
Quote: CAMOflauge

*Faints*

omg no wai. Alot of adults play pokemon.
anyway, I'll try to get this, I missed out last time when I kept waiting and did nothing.
numino Green Sparx Gems: 296
#23 Posted: 09:47:21 26/10/2012
I think if it does use a portal it will be bluetooth. I think the app will be paid on the app store but will come free with the portal pack via a code. I imagine if you just buy the app it will work like cloud patrol buying skylanders or using codes and having the portal will just let you level up?

I really hope its an online Skylanders battlegame like arena mode on the consoles but over game centre or something similar. (Not a huge fan of touch controls though)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:48:08 26/10/2012 by numino
#24 Posted: 14:20:25 26/10/2012
Quote: numino
I think if it does use a portal it will be bluetooth. I think the app will be paid on the app store but will come free with the portal pack via a code. I imagine if you just buy the app it will work like cloud patrol buying skylanders or using codes and having the portal will just let you level up?

• I believe it will absolutely be a Bluetooth-enabled portal. 100%.
  • I agree you'll get a voucher... but I have a feeling Battlegrounds will carry a hefty price point. Larger than Cloud Patrol's 99¢ price point, and of course Lost Islands' rumored free price tag.
  • Here's where I have to disagree with you. I don't think Activision would go through all the trouble of making a pricey Starter Pack (I'm thinking this bad boy is gonna sell for at least $40-$50) only for so many to skip it because they can just buy the app and use their codes. I think Battlegrounds will be something substantial. I mean, look at the box. It advertises Battlegrounds and doesn't really shine any light to the other two apps you'll receive. I think this app is going to be large enough to be a game-changer.

That... or they're simply releasing this to make character uploading easier. Cloud Patrol will get an update to support the portal and Lost Islands will launch with support baked in.

Again... I just really think this game has to be something big for them to justify making a Starter Pack.

I'm also hoping for Arena-style gameplay. The name seems to suggest it. Fingers crossed!
---
For the Horde!
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#25 Posted: 14:22:47 26/10/2012
I hope it isn't a Bluetooth Portal. I know it will almost certainly be. I just hate it because of how much battery it wastes- just the keyboard uses so much that even while the charger is plugged in it will waste the battery.
#26 Posted: 14:52:39 26/10/2012
Quote: Nibelilt
I hope it isn't a Bluetooth Portal. I know it will almost certainly be. I just hate it because of how much battery it wastes

Current iOS devices run with Bluetooth 4.0 and 4.0 has this awesome feature called Bluetooth low energy (BLE) which is aimed at low power devices with close proximity. My Nike+ FuelBand has this, and I now keep Bluetooth on my iPhone 5, as opposed to a couple years ago I would turn it off if I wasn't using it. Bluetooth now "sleeps" and wakes up when the other Bluetooth-enabled device attempts communicating with your phone.

It'll be fine! smilie
---
For the Horde!
#27 Posted: 18:37:31 27/10/2012
Took forever to dig up, but this gives us a better idea of the release date for Skylanders: Battlegrounds. http://www.trademarks411.com/m...s-battlegrounds

Published for opposition November 13th. With Activision being so big, they'll probably get cleared in thirty days. So unless they flat out start selling it around that time next month, I'd say expect this in December? Only if for legal reasons.

Also... why isn't Battlegrounds a sub-forum like Lost Islands is? I grow tired of having to search every time just to get back to this thread.
---
For the Horde!
Shroomy_Boomy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1143
#28 Posted: 19:34:18 27/10/2012
Quote: terrafan
Quote: Ryanator20x6

This^
http://memegenerator.net/instance/25608261

YES!!! Android ftw!! smilie
---
67/67+GITD:smiliesmiliesmilieAEsmilie ROCKsmilie&smilieGLITTERsmilie&smilieSNOWsmilie

37/37+All Sidekix~WERDS~Blusmilie~Flockedsmilie~GITDsmilie~GREENsmilie~CLEARsmilie~CHROMEsmilie
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13842
#29 Posted: 16:25:10 29/10/2012
Joystiq article on the game.
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
#30 Posted: 23:05:33 30/10/2012
Sooooo excited for this Starter Pack. Like whoa.

Especially since I picked up a Portal Owner's Pack for Giants and missed out on getting a Jet-Vac and Cynder. It's perfect.
---
For the Horde!
LegendaryFlames Emerald Sparx Gems: 3779
#31 Posted: 19:22:11 02/12/2012
It would be good for takeing on holiday like the DS version!
---
smilie@Jetbytes everywhere elsesmilie
Imada Green Sparx Gems: 488
#32 Posted: 10:15:51 16/12/2012
yeah. I cant beleive there is a starter pack
---
Im so proud of you
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me