Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 48 49 50
The Missing s (An Animal RP) [CLOSED]
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#1 Posted: 03:23:49 11/08/2012 | Topic Creator
In this RP, you will be a real-life animal that it is thought to be extinct, since there are no evidence that it's still around. All of these animals are Critically Endangered, since there is not enough proof that it is really gone. You can also choose an animal that it is Extinct in the Wild. Do not choose an animal that it is from Endangered to up the scale. And no extinct or mystical animals. If you have in mind a specific animal that doesn't reach these expectations, PM me and I will tell you if it can approve. Alright, here are the rules...

1) No Mystical or Extinct Animals (like I just mentioned)
2) No special powers
3) No killing or control others characters without permission
4) Ask me or someone else if you are lost.
5) No swearing or insulting. Let's keep it cool and sane.
6) Keep the violence limited please.
7) If you want more than one character, let me know.
8) AND ABOVE ALL.......... ENJOY smilie

PS: Please notify me if you plan to leave the RP. Thanks.

http://www.petermaas.nl/extinct/lists/missing.htm
Click on the link to see some of the not-recently-seen animals to give you ideas.

Reason of this RP:
I created this RP for those who love animals such as myself. My intentions are to put imagination to work, to make sure that people enjoy themselves and at the same time, learn about new animals. But above all, the reason for this RP is to keep myself and others hoping that those animals that haven't been found in a long time are still out there (not extinct), only well- hidden smilie

Oh, and another thing. In this RP, your character will reach the Island by traveling on a Orca Whale. If your character can swim or fly, it won't be necessary. It will be guided by either a Pelican, a Seagull or a Warbler. You get to choose. Anyway, if necessary, I will be controlling those secondary characters, but only very briefly, since they are irrelevant to the story. With my permission, you can control them too, but only for a short while. Remember that neither of them are endangered

My character is:
Name: Sybil
Species: Malabar Civet
Appearance: Here
Personality: She is very sweet in nature, but she is also stubborn and overprotective. She is very firm in her decisions, and rarely listens to others opinions. Although she is well-intentioned, it's really hard to make her come into her senses when she is steady in her decisions.
Goal: Sybil founded Haven for the Missing s in order to keep nearly extinct animals from being re-discovered by humans, and at the same time, hoping to find others of her species.

PS: The goal is not necessary. However, the rest is.

Alright, here is the story.

One day, a Malabar Civet was being transported by ship to be exhibited in a zoo, thinking that it was the last of it's kind. However, the ship sunk after being caught in a terrible typhoon. The little creature was brought up in a remote island of the Pacific by a Yangtze River Dolphin, whom she never saw again. Sybil the Malabar Civet made that strange but beautiful island her new home after discovering that no humans lived there. She then founded the Haven for the Missing s after befriending the many animals around the island. Pelicans, seagulls and warblers traveled all around the world, giving the message to all the rare animals of every habitat. Any animal interested in the Haven was transported there via Orca whales... and that's how Sybil's and the newly arrived animal's adventure will truly begin.

Here are some supporting characters and the most important non-endangered characters... and you can control them too if you ask me first:

Yodel: A bitter warbler who doesn't approve Sybil's haven. He and the Malabar Civet are almost always arguing. Though not an antagonists, he serves a very similar role.
Cairo: Leader of the Orcas. He has a secret crush on Sybil, and is very loyal to her.
Theodore: A sweet pelican that greets the newcomers if Sybil can't for some reason.
Amy: A clever seagull that notifies Sybil when anything too unusual happens on the Island. She is rarely seen by the others due to her lonely nature.
Mercury: A young pelican who just had his first passenger experience. He is very enthusiastic and knowledgeable. Views Sybil as a second mother.
Mambo: The mischievous, happy-go-lucky leader of the keas, a group of determined parrots assigned to protect the skies from human's flying artifact.

The Haven: It is composed of many different ecosystems and habitats. The whole island is 49m from north to south and 75m from east to west. Here are the habitats:

Forest: It's next to the Southern beach where Sybil receives the new guests, as well as her home and the main habitat. It is also the home of the warblers, keas and some harmless bats. It has some swampy traits, and it can get cold and slippery if there is too much rain. It is 14 square miles long.

Beach: It is where the animals arrive after hearing the news from the Haven. It is the home of the pelicans and seagulls. You can also find a large variety of crabs in the sands.

Ocean: It is the main home of the Orcas and many fish species, as well as some bottle-nosed dolphins. It's on constant patrol by the Orcas. These waters are shark-free thanks to them. The currents and whirlpools makes the Island inaccessible to humans, but it's something that the marine animals from there can handle.

Outback: A forbidden place. It is located North of the Forest. It is full of dingoes, mongooses and vultures. Mongooses are the main antagonists, and are the only ones that venture into the forest to steal eggs and occasionally, tease Sybil and her arrived guests. It is 38 square miles long.

Taiga: The coldest and smallest habitat of the Island. It's on the East side of the Forest. It has a mountain covered in snow. Sybil never visits that place, and she doesn't know if animals live there, but she is reserving that place in case a cold-loving animal visits her Haven. It is only 5 square miles long.

Wetland: The water source of the Island. It is located at the West of the forest, and it is where the river is connected to the ocean. Pigeons are very common here. They are pretty empty headed, so Sybil tries not to have any contact with them. Some numbats and wombats have made this place their home as well, and they are very well-mattered. They respect Sybil and whoever arrives in the Island. It is 25 square miles long.

Cliffside. This rocky terrain is not exactly an habitat. It's between the Forest and the Outback. It serves as some sort of frontier, but not a very reliable one. The highest cliff serves as Sybil's viewpoint. She can see most of the Island from up there. It is 1 mile from north to south, and 4 miles from east to west.

The rest of the miles of the Island are beyond the Outback. Neither Sybil or the birds know what kind of habitat that is, and the orcas assured that the waters can't be explored due to the high number of rocks in those waters.

And here is an official artwork of the most recurring characters in this growing RP. Enjoy.
[User Posted Image]
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
Edited 20 times - Last edited at 21:10:10 10/08/2013 by Felines
Aconx5 Blue Sparx Gems: 517
#2 Posted: 03:28:22 11/08/2012
Can i be a sabor tooth tiger?
#3 Posted: 03:31:03 11/08/2012 | Topic Creator
Well... the saber toothed tiger is an animal that it's extinction is confirmed, so I am afraid not smilie
I can give you ideas though. I will edit my first post and give you a link of animals that haven't been seen recently. There are more, but I would need to find a more reliable list.
---
#4 Posted: 03:32:08 11/08/2012
Oh, i get it now.
#5 Posted: 03:34:47 11/08/2012 | Topic Creator
... I can make an exception like I already mention... or you can try to find a very rare animal that is similar to the STT.
---
ReshiramForever Platinum Sparx Gems: 5142
#6 Posted: 03:35:41 11/08/2012
I might join.
---
self professed austGAYlian
#7 Posted: 03:36:34 11/08/2012
Hmmmmm
#8 Posted: 03:37:19 11/08/2012 | Topic Creator
Take all the time you need smilie
---
#9 Posted: 03:38:28 11/08/2012
Ok. Mabye tomorrow ill think. Im tired.
Yoshi Emerald Sparx Gems: 3062
#10 Posted: 15:23:09 11/08/2012
OOC: Lol here I am Felines smilie

Name: Toboe (pronuced Toe-boy)
Species: Red Wolf
Appearance: [User Posted Image]
Personality: Toboe is very timid and prefers to keep his feelings to himself, though he is extremly loyal and would easily give his life to save a friend.
Goal: Toboe's ultimite goal in life is to just find another animal of his specis. Mostly cause he never saw another red wolf other then his own reflection.
---
Wow
Such signature
lemmingluv Ripto Gems: 907
#11 Posted: 16:53:50 11/08/2012
Name: Lucy
Species: "Ou" bird
Appearance:
[User Posted Image]

Personality: Loud and bubbly. She's incredibly silly and nice to everyone, no matter if they return her kindness or if they're rude. She's actually quite smart, despite what many think because of her silly nature.
#12 Posted: 16:54:26 11/08/2012
DANGET!! I JUST FOUND THE RED WOLF! AND I LUUUUUV WOOOOLLLVVVVEEESSS!!!!! smilie
Fine. Ill be a tailed bat. smilie ill make it later. BUT I CALL THE BAT!!!! smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:56:25 11/08/2012 by Aconx5
#13 Posted: 17:16:01 11/08/2012
Nvm. Ill be a bush dog.
Name: Mosey
Species: bush dog
Role: dominant (or acts like it)
Apperance: look up a bush dog
Personality: very brave and always gets put in charge. She is the dominent female. She can handle any problem.
Goal: to be a true leader.
#14 Posted: 19:21:37 11/08/2012 | Topic Creator
All right then, Yoshi and lemmingluv are accepted.

Aconx5, the bush dog is a Near Threatened species, which means it is still pretty common. Animals Critically Endangered or Extinct in the Wild are the ones to fit in...
But if you still want to be the Saber Toothed Tiger, I am willing to make an exception. Are you up to it?
---
#15 Posted: 19:24:01 11/08/2012
Shure. I cant make the sheet now. I will later. Ok?
#16 Posted: 19:27:40 11/08/2012 | Topic Creator
Alright Aconx5.
Oh, to add a little more to the story:
I already specify that those who can't swim or fly will travel via Orca Whale. If the animal can swim or fly, then it will reach the island that way, guided by either a Pelican, a Seagull or a Warbler.
---
Wylrin Emerald Sparx Gems: 3784
#17 Posted: 03:52:28 12/08/2012
Name: Slyther
Species: European Eel
Appearance:
[User Posted Image]
Personality: He can be a bit mysterious and mischievious. His intentions are often unknown to others. He likes to be alone, but he also likes to stalk other animals because he likes to observe them, being the curious thing he is.
---
"A real intelligence agent has no ego, no conscience, no remorse. Only a sense of professionalism."
- Elim Garak, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
#18 Posted: 04:08:10 12/08/2012 | Topic Creator
Accepted.
Alright then, it's time to start this RP. However, I won't be the one starting it. Any one of you can start by reaching the island...
---
#19 Posted: 04:18:18 12/08/2012
OOC: Alright. smilie

Slyther moved along the sea water in fluent waves with his entire body. He could sense the small landmass ahead. At last, a place of sanctuary. He whipped his long tail in anticipation, a short burst of speed shortening the distance between him and the island, if not by much, but still he grew closer, and in knowing that, he felt a surge of happiness he had not felt in a long while. The bottom of the ocean was growing closer to him as he made his way closer to land. He could now see the sand rather than a void of dark water. He knew this meant one thing only. He was just that close to being home.
---
"A real intelligence agent has no ego, no conscience, no remorse. Only a sense of professionalism."
#20 Posted: 04:21:56 12/08/2012 | Topic Creator
On that shore, a pelican approached the eel and said in a comforting voice:
"So you are the first customer. Wait here my slippery friend, I'll get Sybil."
And he left, lifting his enormous wings and disappearing in the thicket of the forest...
---
#21 Posted: 04:25:30 12/08/2012
Slyther did so, his tail waving aimlessly in the water. The slight waves splashed him around a bit, as he was but inches from the surface. Still, he managed to stay in the relatively same position, and waited for Sybil to arrive.
---
#22 Posted: 04:30:48 12/08/2012 | Topic Creator
A cat-like figure was approaching the newly-arrived eel with enthusiastic steps. After the creature got closer, it gave the eel a sunny look. "Welcome to Haven of the Missing s my friend. You are the first to arrive to the Island. Since you are the first, I will let you choose any home." Sybil the Malabar Civet was very happy with the new face. "Say now, what kind of eel are you?" she asked, very curious...
---
#23 Posted: 04:34:34 12/08/2012
"A European Eel," Slyther replied. "And I'd be happy anywhere there's water, really. Fresh or salt. I'm just rather... intrigued by the thought of lack of human interference. It's almost too good to be true, nowadays..."
---
#24 Posted: 04:41:53 12/08/2012 | Topic Creator
"The tough waters and harsh conditions of the climate is something the humans can't handle. The dolphin that brought me here told me that. The island is a little dangerous, but it's not that serious. I don't know about the water's safety, but I can assure you that my Orca friends keep it safe from sharks. Oh, and if you need me, you follow that river over there and will take you to the lake. I am mostly around there. So, make yourself at home." Sybil said ecstatically, before retiring, jumping for joy that her messages were reaching others.
---
#25 Posted: 04:48:16 12/08/2012
The eel swam around a bit happily. He knew humans weren't the cause for his kind's troubles, but he still did not like to be around them. And the thought of a place untouched by humanity made is little heart soar. No humans meant a good environment. A good environment meant plenty of healthy plants to eat. Plenty of healthy plants to eat meant an abundance of tasty snacks for him. Mmm.
---
#26 Posted: 04:54:16 12/08/2012 | Topic Creator
"Are you crazy!? This eel might electrocute the water!" a Warbler yelled to Sybil, freaking out. "You idiot! Keep your voice down. Not all eels produce electricity, and he looks like one of them. Besides, we already went through this Yodel. We will accept any endangered animal, no matter the species, no matter the diet, no matter the danger, no matter it's origin. Now please be gone!"

With some hesitation, the bird finally left, and Sybil, reaching the mentioned lake sat by it, hoping the messages reached other troubled animals...
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:54:54 12/08/2012 by Felines
#27 Posted: 13:54:40 12/08/2012
Name: mosey
Species: sabar tooth tiger (the very last exctinced speices)
Apperance: a regular sabor tooth tiger.
Personality: same as my bush dog
Goal: same as my bush dog.
#28 Posted: 18:44:24 12/08/2012
Toboe hopped off the Orca and looked around. The red wolf turned back to the sea. He wanted to howl, to tell he was here and maybe another red wolf was to. But he didn't only looking to the Sun for guidence. Toboe lowered his head and turned back around then walked to a small puddle. The young red wolf feared if he took a drink from the lake his old pack, a pack of grey wolves, would punish him. Toboe looked down at his reflection, a red wolf looked back at him. Till a tear shattered the image. Why am I so different? Toboe whimpered.
---
Wow
Such signature
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:28:18 12/08/2012 by Yoshi
jennacat4 Gold Sparx Gems: 2329
#29 Posted: 13:53:28 13/08/2012
Name: Kallik
Species: Pacific Degu
Appearance:[User Posted Image]
Personality: Friendly and nice to other animals.
---
http://youtu.be/gSSUco8AzDU
Stealthelfrocks Yellow Sparx Gems: 1235
#30 Posted: 16:31:05 13/08/2012
Name: Chica
Species: Mexican wolf
Appearance: is a average looking Mexican wolf. Which is red and gray
Personality: kind but short tempered
---
well guys..... took me a while.... but i might still hang around.... dont know..... but.... I loved the moment while it lasted smilie
#31 Posted: 16:37:54 13/08/2012 | Topic Creator
Alright. Aconx5 and jennacat4, you are accepted smilie
Now, to continue the RP:

Another warbler flew around the lake, nearly crashing on Toboe's head. It instead landed (or crashed) on top of Sybil's head "Wolf Sybil!" the young bird said, a little nervous. "Don't worry Tito, you can stay in my tree. I am sure he doesn't mean harm." with that, the teenage bird left.

With that over, the Malabar Civet approached the strange canine, and greeted with a great smile; "Hello there. The Orca that brought you told me of your arrival. Welcome to Haven for the Missing s." Sybil was brimming with happiness. It was so great that her messages were reaching animals around the world.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 16:42:01 13/08/2012 by Felines
#32 Posted: 20:05:54 13/08/2012
Kallik rode of the Orca Whale as the island came into sight.
---
#33 Posted: 20:16:03 13/08/2012 | Topic Creator
Due to the thicket of the forest, Sybil couldn't notice the Orca with the newcomer. However, one of the seagulls noticed the Orca and since the little mouse was too small to see from way up high, he approached, finally catching a glimpse of that fluffy. long-tailed creature.

"I'll inform Sybil." was his only words to the Degu. Most of the birds didn't approved what the Malabar Civet was doing, usually recieving the new faces with a cold reception, but tried not to question her nonetheless...
---
#34 Posted: 20:28:33 13/08/2012
OOC: am I accepted?
---
well guys..... took me a while.... but i might still hang around.... dont know..... but.... I loved the moment while it lasted smilie
#35 Posted: 20:30:39 13/08/2012 | Topic Creator
Oh! My apologies. I didn't noticed your post. Yes, character accepted smilie
---
#36 Posted: 20:37:10 13/08/2012
OOC: thank you

Chica got off the orca whale onto the shore of the island. a place with no humans, a place where there could be other wolves she thought as. She said thank you to the orca and waited on the shore. She howled in case anyone was there or to let someone know she made it
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:30:11 13/08/2012 by Stealthelfrocks
#37 Posted: 22:30:59 13/08/2012
Toboe went into a submission posture as the warbler crashed on his head. He tucked his tail between his legs as the Malabar Civet aproched. He then replied, "I-is it really s-safe here?" Toboe hoped it was he was sick of being punished by other wolves, and because of that he was scared of his own species.
---
Wow
Such signature
#38 Posted: 22:32:10 13/08/2012
Mosey woke up.
#39 Posted: 00:37:12 14/08/2012
As Chica finished howling she settled down, waiting paitiontly
---
#40 Posted: 01:54:23 14/08/2012
Ooc is this a play: mosey: who are u?
Or a paragraph: "Who are you?" mosey said
lemmingluv Ripto Gems: 907
#41 Posted: 02:50:12 14/08/2012
Lucy was following a sea gull back to the island, panting with each beat of her wings. They had been flying for hours, and now there was no place to land and rest for a moment.

"Are w...we...almost th-there yet?" Lucy asked.

"Almost." the gull said simply.
#42 Posted: 04:42:03 14/08/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Yoshi
Toboe went into a submission posture as the warbler crashed on his head. He tucked his tail between his legs as the Malabar Civet aproched. He then replied, "I-is it really s-safe here?" Toboe hoped it was he was sick of being punished by other wolves, and because of that he was scared of his own species.

"Sure. This place..." but Sybil then heard Chica's howling. "Hold that thought. Wait here, I will be right back" she then left Toboe with the bird, rushing to where the howling was heard. Could it be? Another wolf?

Quote: Stealthelfrocks
As Chica finished howling she settled down, waiting paitiontly

Sybil rushed to this new wolf, dropping a tear of joy. "Oh goodness. welcome... to Haven for the Missing s. she greeted, trying to hold her tears of happiness. "Follow me please." she intended to lead the new wolf to where Toboe was and hoped that the two of them could become good friends...

Quote: Aconx5
Ooc is this a play: mosey: who are u?
Or a paragraph: "Who are you?" mosey said

OOC: You can use anything you want, as long as the message is understandable smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:44:33 14/08/2012 by Felines
#43 Posted: 14:18:56 14/08/2012
Ooc ok.
Mosey: who are u?
#44 Posted: 16:45:42 14/08/2012
Chica noticed Sybil and her ears perked up when she mentioned another wolf. She followed Sybil until she saw the other wolf. another wolf.... Red wolf....
---
#45 Posted: 17:13:03 14/08/2012 | Topic Creator
"Oh so very wonderful. Now you two can find a nice home here. Choose anything you want... but don't go on the other side of the island." When Sybil said this, her ecstatic behavior changed to a very serious look. She really meant these words, which meant that the other side of the island was very dangerous for some reason.

"This is madness. At this rate, we won't be able to live on the island ourselves!" the warbler called Yodel complained to Sybil. He was the one who disagreed the most with the Haven "Nonsense! This island is very large. It can hold hundreds of animals!" she explained, tired of the bird's complains. She then headed to the beach...
---
#46 Posted: 19:45:52 14/08/2012
Mosey: who, are, u.
#47 Posted: 20:45:44 14/08/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Aconx5
Mosey: who, are, u.

OOC: You need mo specify to what character are you directing the question you know...
---
#48 Posted: 04:51:18 15/08/2012
"oh okay" Chica said. She was surprised when she saw mosey the saber tooth tiger. "are you the last of your kind?" she asked. "oh and my name is Chica"
---
Waaksian Emerald Sparx Gems: 4906
#49 Posted: 14:58:57 15/08/2012
Name: Speckles
Species: Lion's Hill Velvet Worm(what is a velvet worm, you ask?)
Appearance: (See links above) Brownish-red in color, yellow speckles(hence the name), dull dark green eyes
Personality: Insanely and obsessively paranoid. Almost pessimistic, but more... well, crazy. Speckles will, for some reason, do and say ridiculously crazy things without any given reason
Goal: N/A

Name: Skaliscin
Species: Mozambique Centipede-Eater(species of snake)
Appearance: The pic with the oranger-hued snake
Personality: Her species fits her personality; tricky, clever, and at times, mean. Mean, as in, smart-talking you into eating toxic berries that make you puke(sound familiar?). Overall, Skaliscin loves to play harmful pranks on others(and eating centipedes, apparently)
Goal: N/A
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:29:51 15/08/2012 by Waaksian
#50 Posted: 19:46:47 15/08/2012
Kallik said her thanks to the Orca then scampered off onto the island.
---
Page 1 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me