Page 1 of 1
a theory about the music [CLOSED]
skulldragon95 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1634
#1 Posted: 06:24:13 27/07/2012 | Topic Creator
ok most fans and some gamers know that most of the levels and overworlds have alternate theme tunes well id say that original idea was day-night cycle :-) possibly
---
Fired up for victory
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8532
#2 Posted: 08:14:31 27/07/2012
Hmmmm. Maybe? I don't know.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Wojowu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1415
#3 Posted: 11:19:59 27/07/2012
That makes sense. Look on Artisans for example:
Home - possibly late morning
Stone Hill - around midday
Dark Hollow - midnight
Town Square - evening
Toasty - late evening
Sunny Flight - midday
Maybe it isn't ordered, but something like that appears in almost every homeworld
---
Any Osu fan here?
#4 Posted: 16:01:53 27/07/2012 | Topic Creator
i ment like zelda wind waker like for minute its morning next afternoon then night
---
Fired up for victory
AshETERNAL Green Sparx Gems: 387
#5 Posted: 03:22:46 01/08/2012
That's a really good idea. They might have wanted to do a day/night cycle to the game. That would have been cool.
---
*Previously on this site as GlitchGirl. Heheh. I hate losing passwords and forgetting what of 5 emails you registered with smilie*
Wojowu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1415
#6 Posted: 19:58:49 02/08/2012
There is year cycle in GtG and day/night cycle in YotD. I have no idea whatever there is something like that in StD, but it's probable
---
Any Osu fan here?
emberelora Emerald Sparx Gems: 3059
#7 Posted: 15:29:48 03/08/2012
That is actually a very good theory about that. :) Kind of wish they did a day/night cycle, I think that would've been awesome.
---
"This is the most musically inclined situation I've ever found myself in and I've played guitar hero!"
Lateef Green Sparx Gems: 227
#8 Posted: 13:30:11 10/08/2012
I've seen that idea a few times. I don't know about the plausibility of this theory, but I've always been rather fond of it.
Given that the opening cutscene takes place in Dark Hollow at daytime... A day/night cycle would be interesting. Makes me wonder if, and how, it'd feature in with the gameplay. It'd make the outdoor segments of Dark Passage more challenging, that's for sure!

People often say it's just a glitch, but I don't really understand the basis of that! I always thought the extra music was like how they'd have bonus tracks at the end of albums, often after a few minutes of silence - an easter egg for the careful listener. But in the end even I don't know. I'm endlessly interested in the secrets this game offers.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:30:27 10/08/2012 by Lateef
#9 Posted: 18:45:33 25/10/2012 | Topic Creator
everything points to it
---
Fired up for victory
SigmundSeal Green Sparx Gems: 461
#10 Posted: 04:05:26 14/07/2013
I know a bunch. Some levels give you the Wizard Peak theme slowed down, some levels give xylophone waiting music. Sometimes, even the Credits song. I know that the xylophone one is in Dry Canyon & the Credits is in many levels.
---
Don't be afraid.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#11 Posted: 04:22:03 14/07/2013
Actually I think Copeland said it an interview that he made those extra tunes, showed them to Insomniac, and they programmed them into the game for the purpose of having them take over the normal music if someone is taking too long in specific level, so they don't get tired of listening to the same track. I can't track down the interview, but I recall hearing it. <.<
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
SigmundSeal Green Sparx Gems: 461
#12 Posted: 04:48:55 14/07/2013
I was about to say that. Except, you know, differently. But that makes sense, I wouldn't want to be hearing the Stone Hill theme, looping over & over. Of course, that's an example.
---
Don't be afraid.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#13 Posted: 07:00:32 14/07/2013
Quote: HIR
Actually I think Copeland said it an interview that he made those extra tunes, showed them to Insomniac, and they programmed them into the game for the purpose of having them take over the normal music if someone is taking too long in specific level, so they don't get tired of listening to the same track. I can't track down the interview, but I recall hearing it. <.<

Yes, that does make sense now.
But they don't seem to do this in the sequels, unless they just simply didn't have the time.
If the soundtrack begins to annoy me, I just turn the music off in the Pause menu, I used to do that when the voice-overs began to irritate me when I got stuck on a challenge too, like trouble with the trolley.
Nowadays, I don't spend too much time in the levels, I'd say around three minutes per level? Probably because I know it so well now, so I rarely hear the alternative themes now. I don't rush through the levels either if that's what you're thinking, sometimes I can spend up to about ten minutes in a level, and the next theme doesn't come on.

Got to admit, the levels in the Spyro games are very short, but there is quite a few of them, so I guess that makes up for it?
And in 2 and 3 you get side quests...I suppose it depends how the level is laid out, and where the gems, and enemies are, which takes part in how long you beat the level if you get what I mean?
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:02:08 14/07/2013 by SuperSpyroFan
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#14 Posted: 16:02:40 14/07/2013
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

But they don't seem to do this in the sequels, unless they just simply didn't have the time.
If the soundtrack begins to annoy me, I just turn the music off in the Pause menu, I used to do that when the voice-overs began to irritate me when I got stuck on a challenge too, like trouble with the trolley.
Nowadays, I don't spend too much time in the levels, I'd say around three minutes per level? Probably because I know it so well now, so I rarely hear the alternative themes now. I don't rush through the levels either if that's what you're thinking, sometimes I can spend up to about ten minutes in a level, and the next theme doesn't come on.

Got to admit, the levels in the Spyro games are very short, but there is quite a few of them, so I guess that makes up for it?
And in 2 and 3 you get side quests...I suppose it depends how the level is laid out, and where the gems, and enemies are, which takes part in how long you beat the level if you get what I mean?

Well in Ripto's Rage, a lot of the challenges got their own musical tracks, so that's probably why there were no alternate tunes. The same thing for Year of the Dragon; challenges using another playable character would have the music shift to an arrangement of that character's level theme.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#15 Posted: 20:47:26 14/07/2013
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

Well in Ripto's Rage, a lot of the challenges got their own musical tracks, so that's probably why there were no alternate tunes. The same thing for Year of the Dragon; challenges using another playable character would have the music shift to an arrangement of that character's level theme.

Huh, didn't think of that one.
But then again, they could've had another tune for a character? And the mini-games too? Perhaps a little Goonro too?
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me