Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Fandom > Fan Fiction > THe Dragon Tournament--A Fan Fic by Spyro LUVA
Page 1 of 1
THe Dragon Tournament--A Fan Fic by Spyro LUVA [CLOSED]
Spyro LUVA Blue Sparx Gems: 638
#1 Posted: 21:51:40 05/06/2008 | Topic Creator
Hi guys! Here's what I have of my story so far. Enjoy!

The Dragon Tournament
By Spyro LUVA
“Another day, another roasted Gnorc,” said Cynder triumphantly as she and Spyro returned to the temple. “It’s easy when you can breathe fire though, wouldn’t you agree Spyro?” Cynder taunted Spyro slyly, knowing he could not breathe fire currently.
“Humph!” Spyro grunted. His nostrils flared and a blast of nothing but air shot from his face. Cynder laughed.
“Ha ha ha! Look at you, you can’t even blow smoke!”
Sparx, who had remained at the temple to sleep and had now joined them, piped up to defend Spyro. “Hey, show a little respect Cynder. This guy did save you from a life of evil and servitude after all.”
Cynder took no notice and proceeded to mock Spyro further by performing the airial acrobatics Spyro could not. “Hey Spyro watch this,” she called from above his head. She then performed a series of complicated flips and twists, and landed again in front of Spyro. “Don’t worry,” she said with mock sympathy, “I’m sure you’ll get your powers back, right after I take the gold metal in the upcoming Dragon Tournament!” She laughed again as she turned her back and strode towards dojo to train.
Spyro, suddenly overcome with rage and jealousy, felt the familiar red hot fire of his ancestors rising in his veins. He summoned his long forgotten power, inhaled and blasted Cynder in her retreating hind side with a small but effective jet of flame.
Cynder reared and yowled. “OW! Well, it seems I’ve got more competition than I expected,” she growled as she rubbed her cinged tail.
Sparx had fallen to the floor, doubled up with laughter. “Oh man,” he gasped after nearly two minutes. “Spyro really got you Cynder! I bet you won’t be able to sit for a week with that boil on your tail!” He continued laughing.
“You’re right Cynder,” Spyro said. “You do have competition. I’m going to train with Ignitus every day from now until the Tournament, and come game day you’re going down worse than Dark Cynder!”
Cynder bristled at the mention of her former self, the beast that had nearly destroyed the Dragon Kingdom. Sparx stopped laughing. “We’ll see about that!” She said with a note of pain in her voice. “I’ll get Shayde to help me, she’ll teach me her elements, and together we’ll crush you!” She turned her back and stormed out of the room towards Shade’s tower.
Sparx picked himself up and took his place hovering next to Spyro’s head. He said, “That was a little harsh, dude.”
“What?!” Spyro snapped his head towards Sparx. “She taunts me all week about my powers being lost, and all you say is show a little respect, but when I retaliate you call it harsh?”
“Sorry, I just think it’s mean to make fun of the worst part of someone’s life.” He crossed his arms and turned away. “I guess I’m just old fashioned that way. Besides it’s not her fault she is the way she is; she’s still working all of Malefor’s junk out of her system.”
“Lets just go find Ignitus so I can start training.” Spyro said, and he went to find Ignitus.

v
---
Look @ my YouTube channel! PLZ subscribe if you like!
http://www.youtube.com/user/SpyroLUVA
OBEY THE HIPNOTOAD! THE HIPNOTOAD KNOWS ALL!
Last edited at 21:56:27 05/06/2008 by Spyro LUVA
#2 Posted: 21:54:41 05/06/2008 | Topic Creator
Spyro left the temple foyer and walked through the main corridor to the Dojo. There he found a note attached to the statue of Magnus, one of the ancient purple dragons, which preceded Spyro, and the Dark Master. The note read:
Dear young dragons,
Unfortunately, the other guardians and myself are forced to leave you, for we must restore the kingdom to its previous state now that the Dark Master has been thwarted, and his armies have receded. We do not know how long we will be gone. We will only return when the landscape has been restored and the other races have been freed from their prisons and their homes rebuilt.
Due to our prolonged absence, all lessons are cancelled for the foreseeable future. Although we are not there to teach you all, we do not expect any of you to be off your game when we return. The remaining guardian will see to it that you all practice your skills and participate in the Dragon Tournament. We have left you all in Shayde’s care; you may speak to her if you need anything before our return.
May the ancestors look after you all.

Sincerely,
the Guardians

Spyro groaned when he looked away from the letter. “Great!” He spat, “Just perfect! I can’t even train with my own mentors. Now I’ll have to work with Cynder; she’ll get a real kick out of watching me try to use such minuscule powers, now that she can use Shadow and wind and all that. Shayde’s going to be just as bad too. You know she doesn’t trust purple dragons anymore, not after what became of Malefor.” Shayde, being the most ancient guardian, had been only a whelp when Malefor learned his powers, and watched helplessly as the darkness consumed him, forcing him to do terrible things.
“Tell me about it. What’s she got against dragonflies?” Said Sparx, and he puffed out his chest, imitating Shayde’s stance and began to do a mocking impression of her voice. “What kind of excuse for a dragon hangs around with bugs? You look foolish, Spyro, allowing that glittering, fluttering twerp to hover by your head.”
Despite his foul mood, Spyro had to laugh; he couldn’t help it. He followed Sparx’s lead and raised his tail high in the air, threw his head back, lay the back of his hand on his forehead, and began to imitate Shayde’s forlorn and haughty behaviour when a student failed to follow her instructions correctly. “No, no, no, that simply will not do! Your back is not straight, your tail is off center, you look like a chicken with its tail feathers on fire!” He and Sparx howled with laughter as they head out to the Temple gardens. “C’mon,” said Spyro, “Let’s find Hunter, maybe he can help me train.”
---
#3 Posted: 21:55:39 05/06/2008 | Topic Creator
Meanwhile, high in Dark Tower, Cynder’s training was already underway. Shayde, a lean and warlike female was surveying Cynder as she performed airial combat maneuvers with hawk like vision, picking out every minor flaw in her performance. Cynder’s task was to use her wind breath to pull retreating dummies towards her, and once within reach she was to knock them into the air with her horns. Once off the ground, Cynder would use her wings to rise and stay aloft as she flipped and spun, striking the dummy with her tail. After her 30th dummy was obliterated, she fell to the ground breathing hard. Despite exaustion, Cynder maintained her composure and stood before Shayde awaiting her judgment. Shayde remained still, her expression unchanged for what seemed to Cynder like an eternity. Finally, the Elder spoke. “Very well done.” She said with a mild note of surprise. “You, young dragon, have the makings of a real warrior. You fight with strength, speed, agility, honor, power and intelligence. All the aspects of some of the greatest warriors before you.”
“Thank you, master.” Breathed Cynder as she bowed solemnly. It took every ounce of strength and dicipline she had to stay grounded; she was ready to explode off the floor with joy.
“You have mastered wind today Cynder, but I still have a great deal more to teach you.” She crossed the vast circular chamber, which served as a dojo and exited into a massive rectangular hall filled with shelves lined with books. In the middle of the library was a sunken portion of the floor, which served as a sort of amphitheater. Shayde sauntered between the rows of shelves, followed by Cynder and a swarm of large volumes which magically lifted from their shelves with her passing. Cynder did not have to recognize the covers to know what the books were about. Shayde strongly believed that the best people to learn from were one’s ancestors. Within each of those books was a tale of some great and ancient warrior or magic user and with those stories there was sure to be step-by-step instructions detailing each and every attack, spell, curse or flight pattern they used.
They reached the seats and Cynder seated herself before Shayde flanked on both sides by towers of illustrated and colorful novels. “These books hold all the knowledge of the great Darvillian, ruler of the wind and sky.” Said Shayde. “You will learn all he knew as though he were your master rather than myself.” Cynder glanced at the books with uncertainty; there was no way she could read all these soon enough for the Tournament. Had it not been highly inappropriate to speak before Shayde bade her to, she would have said so.
Shayde, who had apparently sensed what Cynder thought said, “You will not read these books, but draw in all they can tell you with magic.” Shayde called a book forth with her unseen force, raised a paw over it, and chanted farcuth ak recita awreg mirencia. At once a beam liquid intelligence lifted from the cover of the book and dove into Cynder’s brain, seeping through her pores and filling her mind. Cynder saw visions of a large white dragon summoning hurricanes, tornados and cyclones and flying with magnificent power and grace through gale force winds. At the same time, she could feel herself memorizing all she saw, every twist, flip, spiral, loop, incantation and gesture, and how to perform them.
“With practice, you will be able to do that for yourself with many volumes at once. Try.” A deep blue, leather bound novel landed before Cynder. She summoned her magical power, and repeated Shayde’s words. She mispronounced the fourth word, and her brain was flooded with just one distorted picture of Darvillian. He was transparent and blurry, and his voice was garbled as though under water. “How did it go?” Inquired Shayde once Cynder came out of her trance.
“It didn’t work.” Said Cynder, looking crestfallen.
“Oh, cheer up!” Spat Shayde rolling her eyes. “You are not the first to fail miserably.” Cynder snorted; she knew Shayde’s calm and accepting attitude towards her wouldn’t last. “Keep trying.” She commanded shortly. “Class will continue until you can get this right. We’ll stay till sunrise tomorrow if need be.” So Cynder repeated the words countless times, until she could perform the spell with ease. “Took you long enough!” Shayde groaned once Cynder had accomplished her task. “Now that you can, you are to memorize each of these novels for homework. Don’t even think of trying to read these books, I’ll now if you’ve opened them. Class dismissed.”

v
---
DragonFriend244 Blue Sparx Gems: 767
#4 Posted: 22:29:59 05/06/2008
Awesome please write more!!!smilie
alexis1213 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1595
#5 Posted: 17:42:50 06/06/2008
AWESOME hey I am going to post a story that I am wrighting on here soon
---
Waka Tao master! Okami FAQ
Aywas
#6 Posted: 17:43:46 06/06/2008
Cool!!!
#7 Posted: 21:25:43 06/06/2008 | Topic Creator
Okay here it is, the last part of chapter one: In Training

Likewise, Spyro and Hunter had just completed a superb lesson of fire. Spyro’s powers had returned with a vengeance, and he fought magnificently against the vermin of the temple gardens, such as frog weed, bog wort, and woodland mites and spiders. He utilized his breath brilliantly; at one point he managed to light a frog weed on fire as he flung it into the air with his horns and kicked the flaming creature into a pair of oncoming spiders. He then summoned three towers of fire from the depths of the earth, and sent each of them thundering towards the beasts, which were incinerated and disappeared in a pile of gems, as the pillars vanished as well.
“Incredible!” Exclaimed Hunter. “I’ve never seen anything like it!”
“Yeah, it’s fantastic if you don’t mind getting your wings singed.” Muttered Sparx sarcastically.
“Don’t blame me, it’s not my fault you look like a mite.” Laughed Spyro. He was in a much better mood now that his powers were working, and as they walked leisurely through the gardens, he found himself once again able to enjoy the beauty of it. They had reached a wondrous vantage point at an outcropping of a small mountain, and he could see all that lay before him. He basked in the warm luminosity of the midday sun, reveled in the various hues produced by the stream as is wound through the lush green fabric of the woods and meadows, and lost himself in the rich, cloudless blue of the sky beyond the bold and distant mountain ranges.
Despite hoe he felt at that moment, there was a feeling in his subconscious telling him that all was not well. The wind whispered in an all to familiar tone, whispering. There were voices in the wind that day, falling from the sky and mountains, and maybe even from places Spyro could not or did not wish to see. They spoke a harsh, guttural language as though the speakers throats were filled with a toxic substance.
“What?” Spyro whispered with the breeze. “I don’t understand. What are you saying, what are you trying to tell me? I don’t understand…I don’t understand!” He suddenly shouted and both Hunter and Sparx stared at him.
“You okay, buddy?” Inquired Hunter cautiously. He was sometimes nervous around Spyro, as they met only recently and he was not accustomed to Spyro’s outbursts as Sparx was.
“He’ll be fine.” Sparx said.
Never had Spyro been so grateful to have Sparx as his friend. He was the only one that understood Spyro’s mental unrest. Not even Ignitus, nor Flash and Nina, Sparx’s parents, knew of the questions for which Spyro had precious few answers. He often wondered ‘why me?’ why is he the purple dragon, why is he the one with all this power and responsibility, why did the darkest and most evil creature ever to live seek his demise? All he knew was that no one could possibly have the answers he so desperately sought. Nothing would have made matters worse than to explain his thoughts to anyone other than a life long friend.
“C’mon,” Said Spyro. “I need to apologize to Cynder.”
---
#8 Posted: 21:33:33 06/06/2008
Terrific!!! Can you please write more again???
TeenageCynder24 Green Sparx Gems: 178
#9 Posted: 22:56:03 06/06/2008
sweet!!! write more write more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
---
StarSong, The Water, Time, and Bubble Breath Dragon. The Adventure of One Dragon Destined to Become an Elder!
#10 Posted: 18:21:32 07/06/2008 | Topic Creator
Here you are, part one of Chapter 2. (I don't have a title yet)

Cynder did her homework out in the temple gardens outside her hovel, drawing power from the wind to perform her spells. ‘There is much unrest and dark energy blowing from the mountains today.’ She noted once the last image of Darvillian she had to view vanished. ‘I have felt my power grow more today than ever since I left Malefor’s control. I would still be in that situation now if not for Spyro…Who knows what would have happened, had he not prevailed over me.’ Cynder sighed the breath of a person who has come to realize they were wrong, and needed to set things right.
She replaced the books indoors and set off in search of Spyro. She knew he liked a particular spot overlooking the gardens, and decided to start searching there. Not twenty paces from her starting point, a voice called to her from above. The voice was deep, deeper than any of the other whelplings. Without tilting her head back, Cynder knew who called. It could only be Smaug, a male dragon of poison and the oldest student of the Guardians. He descended landing beside her, his large and powerful wings sending dust into the air. Cynder shielded her eyes with her wings until the dust settled. “Where’ve you been lately girl? Me and Toxcicity just finished our lessons for the day, and judging by the state of the dojo, so have you. Learned the ways of the wind have you?” He said with a grin.
“You know I have, Smaug.” Cynder said with a sigh. She knew full well that Smaug needed no physical evidence or confirmation from another dragon to know the truth. Smaug was one of the gifted dragons; he could read minds without the mind in question even realizing that they were divulging their innermost secrets. He had been trying to learn all he could about Cynder since her arrival at the temple. Luckily some of the Dark Master’s tricks stuck with her, and she was granted a natural barrier against mental attacks, protecting secrets, hidden fears and desires and subconscious thoughts, but nothing foremost in her mind.
“You still hanging with that purple twerp Spyro?” Smaug inquired.
“Smaug, you and I both know that Spyro isn’t the only reason you came. You, Toxcicity, Ash, Daark, Hefestus, and Shriek all think I should join you in evil.” Those were the dark dragons, the whelps granted the powers of evil. Years ago in the year of the dragon when the Dark master had risen again he cursed an entire batch of eggs, giving each power to two egg. Toxcicity was the female poison dragon, Ash and Darrk were of shadow, and Hefestus and Shriek were the dragons of fear. They too had been taken by Malefor, and returned to the temple when Spyro defeated Dark Cynder. Unlike her though, they retained the evil in their souls. “I won’t do it Smaug, I’ve caused enough damage to last a lifetime.”
“Okay maybe that was the other reason I’m here, but I would still like to know why you consider Spyro a friend. He took your powers and rid us all of the glory of ruling by the Dark Master’s side.”
“What glory?” Asked a new voice. It was Skie, the female wind dragon, who had appeared ahead of them on the path. “You mean the glory of servitude, destruction, and wholesale slaughter?” The wind dragons, Skie and Ra-Oule were perhaps the only true friends Cynder had at the temple aside from Spyro. Somehow they had resisted the pull of the Dark Master, and remained neutral, neither good nor evil. ‘That must be the life.’ Cynder often thought. No one trying to tell what to do or how to live, no choice between good or evil. She would have become a wind dragon in a heart beat, but she had many other powers at her disposal, and as a dragon it was her responsibility to learn those powers and use them to serve a greater good, or terrible evil.
Smaug glared at the younger dragon and snarled, “I am servile to no one. I would have been a far more loyal partner than this wyrm!” He finished with a contemptuous gesture towards Cynder.
Skie and Cynder gasped. Never had either of them heard such a foul word spoken from the mouth of a dragon. “How dare you!” Skie roared, putting her wing around Cynder as her eyes filled with tears. “That is a general term Smaug; if you direct that word at one dragon, you insult us all including yourself!”
Smaug only laughed, “Enjoy what little time remains on your high and mighty cloud, Skie. The Dark Master will come and when he does individuals like you will be the first to suffer!” He rose again, spewing clouds of toxic fumes, which descended onto Skie and Cynder.
Once they stopped coughing and their eyes stopped streaming, Skie said comfortingly, “Forget him and the other dark dragons. Spyro, Ra-Oule, myself and all the other dragons applaud you for your strength to resist Malefor. We’re growing stronger all the time, every one of us; I heard you learned the ways of the wind, and Spyro regained his fire breath. Together we’ll defeat Malefor once and for all.”
“Thanks Skie.” Said Cynder wiping away her tears, real and fake. “Speaking of Spyro, have you seen him lately? I need to apologize for a fight we had earlier.”
“He was out lookout point, last I saw. You sure you’ll be all right?”
“Yeah, I just need to clear the air, get rid of all the bad energy between me and what few friends I have.”
Skie smiled an understanding smile. “Okay, If you want to talk, you know where I live.” She removed her wing from Cynder’s shoulder and sailed skyward on a warm and magical gust of wind.
---
Dragon Lover Emerald Sparx Gems: 4649
#11 Posted: 21:08:59 07/06/2008
Awesome story! More, please.
#12 Posted: 02:15:44 08/06/2008
Awesome!!!!! I just have one qeustion if Cynder wasnt coruppted by DM would she be and only have the wind element?
#13 Posted: 02:17:01 08/06/2008
Actually, I think she would have the Shadow element.
#14 Posted: 03:02:31 08/06/2008 | Topic Creator
I don't know how it will go yet, maybe she will develop all the elements of Dawn of the Dragon, and give them up when defeating Malefor. Then she may be powerless, regain all her powers, or become neutral and regain wind only. What do you think?
---
#15 Posted: 03:29:48 08/06/2008
No I mean in your story would Cynder originally if the DM didnt corrupt her?
#16 Posted: 00:32:42 09/06/2008 | Topic Creator
You mean would she have had the wind element, had she not been corrupted?
---
#17 Posted: 00:46:49 09/06/2008
Yes. Oh and please write more!!!!
#18 Posted: 21:07:07 09/06/2008
ARE you going to write more???
#19 Posted: 21:09:36 09/06/2008 | Topic Creator
Yes of course, but might be a while; I have end of year homework, projects, and exams. I also need to think of more ideas.
---
#20 Posted: 21:12:27 09/06/2008
Bummer.smilie Can you still answer this qeustion for me though?

Would Cynder only have the wind element if she wasn't corupted by DM???
#21 Posted: 21:16:36 09/06/2008 | Topic Creator
In my story, yes, she would be off white, quiet, kind and a good mentor. I don't know about in the actual game though.
---
eXcelcior Green Sparx Gems: 125
#22 Posted: 20:08:19 13/06/2008
Neat Story! Please write mor A.S.A.P.!
---
YOU MUST SEE THIS VIDEO! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MjTb5A68VA FREEKY! Like American Mcee's Alice...
#23 Posted: 22:26:14 13/06/2008 | Topic Creator
Finally! Chapter two, The Tournament Begins!

Spyro and Cynder met outside the temple entrance in front of the podium. Before Spyro approached Cynder, he said to Hunter and Sparx without looking at them, “Could you guys leave me alone so I can talk to Cynder?”
“Sure big guy.” Said Sparx. Spyro went up to Cynder and for a moment neither one said a word, or looked at each other. Finally, Cynder spoke. “Spyro, I’ve never properly thanked you for everything you did. You freed be from Malefor, gave me my life and freedom, and even after all I’ve done, you’re my friend. At least, I hope you are…” She looked at him with hopeful, sorry eyes.“Cynder, of course I’m your friend.” He searched desperately for words, but could find none to say that would describe all he felt for the beautiful dragoness in front of him. He stepped closer; half closed his eyes, and whispered “Cynder…”Cynder did the same; “Spyro…”
They leaned ever closer, each second dragging into hours, and just before their lips touched, a loud, smoky bang issued from atop the podium. They both snapped their heads towards the figure in front of them; it was Shayde. “Let the Tournament begin!” She bellowed and sixteen other young dragons appeared all around them with similar smoky blasts. In an instant, both dragons for each element appeared. Ra-Oule and Skie, the brother and sister wind dragons appeared next to Cynder, Flame and Ember, the fire dragons suddenly stood next to Spyro. Shortly after Skorr and Sleek the ice dragons, Smaug and Toxicity, Griff and Terra the earth warriors, Ash and Daark, Hefestus and Shriek, and the electricity dragons Thunder and Shoc, were with them.“Young warriors, the time for competition is upon us! The rules of the Tournament are as follows:
1. No one is to assist or engage in battle with another team. Any violators of rule one will be banished from the tournament. 2. You are to stay with your partner at all times, and help each other should they need it. To ensure that this rule stays in tact, you will be bound to one another with magic; you will only be able to travel a certain distance from one another before being brought together again.3. You will only use the powers naturally available to you. That means no enchanted weaponry, no spells, potions, or artificially obtained abilities. Violation of this rule will also result in banishment.4. There is to be no use of short cuts; you will not fly from stage to stage, instead you will solve puzzles to move on. To keep such violations from happening, restrictions will be applied to your flight abilities; you will only be allowed to rise ten meters in the air.”At the mention of such a rule, several dragons groaned and Skie and Ra-Oule appeared shocked. Shayde disregarded their displeasured reactions and continued.“5. The final rule is that no one is allowed help of any kind from an outside source. You may not take assistance from any of the inhabitants of this world you may come across. If you get into trouble, you may call my name, any you will be rescued.You will now be transported to each of your beginning stages; you know your teams and the spells will be placed on you as you teleport. Good luck.”
---
#24 Posted: 00:15:44 14/06/2008
Wow. That was so awesome, I forgot to faint...
#25 Posted: 20:20:19 22/06/2008 | Topic Creator
Hi! I used the dragon generator to create a few of the young dragons in my story. (Don't worry, more coming soon!)
[User Posted Image]
^Spyro
[User Posted Image]
^Cynder
[User Posted Image]
^Ember
[User Posted Image]
^Flame
[User Posted Image]
^Smaug
[User Posted Image]
^Skie

These are just some of the dragons; more will come by request.
---
#26 Posted: 19:47:50 29/06/2008
Awesome! Please write more!!!
#27 Posted: 03:33:05 30/06/2008 | Topic Creator
Here it finally is, the end of Chapter two. Before I post this though, I feel I should say I am very sadsmilie. The only person who has repeatedly posted on my board is you Dragonfriend244. Please, please, please Get more people to read my story and comment on it! I worked too hard for so few people to read it!

Anyway, Here you have it:

Without warning, Spyro and Cynder were ripped from the ground upon which they stood, and in a rush of light, color and blur, landed just as abruptly on a hot, fiery, desolate landscape. Munitions Forge. Spyro gawked at the scene before him; this place had changed a great deal since his last visit. It was once a volatile mess of ruins. But it was different, all had been rebuilt, and before the two young dragons stood a magnificent fortress; a great colorful structure of marble and granite, guarded by a pair of twin statues of mighty dragon kings. Beyond the mile-high walls was a palace fit for a god, stunning in its grandeur. From their vantage point atop a large hill, they could see the building’s sloped base, the domed roof, and the spire stabbing at the eye of the increasing cloud of smoke and ash, which circled around the palace. All around the fortress were the usual lakes and rivers of lava, and many volcanoes, all of which were active.
Within the walls and outside the castle were millions of assorted beasts, all of which would need to be slain. Cynder whistled. “Wow… This might be harder than we thought.”
“Naw!” Spyro said, hoping he sounder braver than he felt. “We’ve faced worse than this.”
Cynder felt slightly embarrassed at her show of doubt since Spyro seemed so confident. “If you’re so sure of yourself, you go first!” Spyro was caught of guard by this challenge, but did his very best not to falter.
“Uh, okay, s-sure…” He sprang into the air and sped towards the top of the fortress walls, but was brutally tugged back by an unseen force. Simultaneously, Cynder was dragged off the ground, and the two dragons bonked heads in midair and fell down the sloping hillside. They slid to a stop at its base and shakily stood, moaning and rubbing bruises and scrapes. Cynder glared at Spyro, whose cocky attitude fizzled out under her icy gaze. “Oops. Forgot about that tether thing.”
“Let’s just use the door; the walls are too high anyway!” Cynder grumbled and they continued along the path towards the massive, bolted wooden gate. As they neared the gate, they could make out a carving of some huge, gelatinous beast, around which hung an eerie black and red fog.
“I know what to do here!” Exclaimed Spyro. He ran forth and breathed his newly acquired flame on the carving. Instantaneously, some parts of the carving burst into flame, but the gate remained strong.
“Very good.” Spoke a deep and booming loud voice. The statue to the left of them had come alive! “Now the girl must try her hand.” Rumbled the other. Both Spyro and Cynder were speechless; they were paralyzed with fear and awe. “Fear us not, brave warriors, we will guide thee.” Said the first. The other spoke again, “Notice how only part of the carving is ablaze.” Spyro and Cynder slowly looked back to the gate. He was right, about half of the carving was still wood, apparently untouched by Spyro’s breath. The second statue lowered its head to Cynder. “To open the gate, you alone must answer this riddle:
Only one color but not one size,
Stuck at the bottom yet easily flies,
Present in sun but not in rain,
Doing no harm and feeling no pain.”
Cynder furrowed her brow, trying to remember where she had heard that riddle before. She was certain she knew the answer too… “A shadow!” She cried suddenly, “The answer is a shadow!”
The statue smiled. “Very good.” He raised his head and lifted his palm over Cynder. A dark fog descended upon her, granting her the power of shadow breath. “It is done.” Boomed the statue. “You may now open the gate.” Cynder turned towards the gate and strode to it past a completely gob smacked Spyro, and blew spooky, shadowy tendrils across its surface. The darkness blended with the light, and the beast vanished and the gate slowly opened.
---
#28 Posted: 03:34:18 30/06/2008 | Topic Creator
Here's the rest of it; I had too much to put on one post.

It might as well have been the gates of hell they had breached; the moment the gates shifted, an unholy wave of shrieks, wails, and roars exploded from the other side. As the beasts of Munitions Forge came into view, they saw thousands of monsters they had never dreamed of. The creatures varied from humanoid spiders to flying fanged caterpillars, and even some form of man-lizard, and everything in between.
Spyro and Cynder entered, feeling braver than before and as the gates closed behind them the battle began. The army of hideous monsters surged forward, and the two dragons fought spectacularly. Cynder clamped her jaws onto the tail of a caterpillar and threw it at a lizard man, knocking him into a deformed sort of air born fish. Spyro did just as well utilizing his fire breath to incinerate a fish, which careened into a horde of spider people. He proceeded to knock a lizard man into the air, leaped up to grab hold of it, and forced it back down onto a swarm of caterpillars advancing on Cynder. Cynder returned the favor by sucking a group of spider people who had dog piled on Spyro into the sky with her wind breath. They continued the battle like that without cease or fatigue, and once the courtyard was clear, continued into the castle.
The inside of the castle was just as immaculate at the exterior. They found themselves in a long, wide corridor, lined with a carpet of red cashmere, which greeted their feet, and all around them were crystal statues of all manners of beings. Everything from Dragons to mermaids to sea creatures to fairies glistened under the candle chandeliers, which swayed slightly from the vaulted ceiling. They followed the dimly lit hall to a large stone staircase, and descended into a swelteringly hot under ground catacomb. They reached the base of the stairs and continued along a rope bridge over a lake of lava towards an island of stone. Along the walls of the cavern there were various large tunnels with balconies and bridges connecting them.
Just as Spyro was about to suggest they turn back; it appeared as though nothing important was in there, a tremendous, gurgling roar emanated from the depths of the pool miles below. An enormous bubble began to break the surface of the lava; it grew so tall it brushed the cave roof, causing stalactites to fall, destroying the bridge and their only means of escape. Once the bubble reached maximum size, it began to take shape. Arms, a gray head with pointed ears, and six, sooty, insect-like legs protruded from the mass. It was the creature they had brought to life at the gate. “Greetings young dragons,” the creature’s voice was like that of voice Spyro had heard at the temple; it was garbled as though submerged in thick liquid. It continued mockingly, “How ironic that I should kill the beings that gave me life. I am Meleficus Shadowflame, ruler of Munitions Forge, born of fire and darkness. I was trapped in the gate eons ago by the very two kings who ended my imprisonment.” Here the monster stopped to laugh, a hideous gurgling laugh. “Fools!” It boomed, “They gave up their powers to trap me, an no mere whelps can hope to save this sorry place from my wrath!”
“We’re no ordinary whelps!” Hissed Cynder.
“We can just as easily take back the life we gave you!” Spyro threatened.
Meleficus growled, “You’ll pay for such words!” It bellowed so loudly it shook the mountain, and a large stalactite plummeted towards Spyro and Cynder, who nimbly leaped into the air and flew for the beast’s ugly head. They fired a combined attack of fire and shadow into its eye, sending it rearing into the lava again. It rose moments later, brining with it a tsunami of lava. Spyro and Cynder dove into a tunnel at break-neck speed, only to be pursued by the Meleficus who widened the tunnel opening with a blow from one of its legs. The came out into another cavern supported by a single massive pillar in the center of the room. Rather than another lake of lava they had found one of few rare reserves of liquid nitrogen, the only geological features that made life on Munitions Forge possible. The creature screeched horribly as it splashed into the freezing liquid.
“You’ll pay for this!!” It launched itself at the two dragons, who had deliberately positioned themselves in front of the pillar. They moved just in time to let Meleficus collide with the pillar, knocking some of it away. They flew to what was left suspended from the ceiling and fired another combined attack at the cracked and brittle stone, sending it crashing down upon the injured creature below. The broken rock protruding from the lake crumbled, and Meleficus fell to his death. Spyro and Cynder escaped quickly before the entire castle and all its hidden caverns were engulfed in suffocating smoke.
They flew high above the crumbling spire, and suddenly a green portal appeared before them. Through it they could see another familiar place: Tall Plains. They dashed to the portal and left the once again destroyed place far behind. Little did they know, Meleficus had not yet been vanquished. Up he rose from the dark cloud, carried by an unseen force towards the portal through which his new enemies escaped. Rekindled by his rage, the flames on his body sprang to life once more and he vanished into Tall Plains.
---
Cynder_Rox Gold Sparx Gems: 2322
#29 Posted: 21:31:04 30/06/2008
Awesome story! I love that their is a new guardian Shayde! Please write more!!!smilie
#30 Posted: 01:49:08 01/07/2008 | Topic Creator
I will ,I will, but I need to know if you or anyone else thinks this is a childish story.
---
spiro101 Blue Sparx Gems: 647
#31 Posted: 02:30:56 01/07/2008
yep................ childish indeed.................... just kidding..... by the way, good story!!!!
---
i am the real spiro 101 and know 1 will take it *ROAR*
#32 Posted: 02:38:50 01/07/2008
Huh? I really like your story and I don't think it is childish at all. Anyways how did you get 'childish' in the first place did some say that it was?
#33 Posted: 13:26:27 01/07/2008 | Topic Creator
Yeah Dragon King did, he said they don't deal with things the way teens do. I think it's impossible to make Spyro and Cynder act like teens, since noone, regardless of age would be in thier situation. If I suddenly landed on Munitions Forge and saw a huge, hostile lava monster I would cry like a baby!
---
IamCynder Green Sparx Gems: 462
#34 Posted: 13:45:57 01/07/2008
I really like this story Spyro LUVA, it brings out the best in Cynder, and sometimes the worst in Spyro. It really makes you wonder about what it would've been like to be Spyro or Cynder. It also lets you understand the great connection between Spyro and Cynder. All in all I'd have to say that this is a very enjoyable story. Please, continue.
#35 Posted: 16:08:18 01/07/2008 | Topic Creator
Wow, thanks!
---
Night Owl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1942
#36 Posted: 06:46:11 03/07/2008
WOW thats really cool Spyro LUVA!!!!!!!! Please continue it! CON-TIN-UE!!!
---
Back from hibernation.
#37 Posted: 01:31:08 04/07/2008
See Spyro LUVA a lot of people like your story.smilie
#38 Posted: 01:35:25 04/07/2008 | Topic Creator
I know, I'm so happy!smilie
---
#39 Posted: 01:38:19 04/07/2008
Sooooo will you continue please???smilie
#40 Posted: 01:40:31 04/07/2008 | Topic Creator
Of course, just give me time to write.
---
Night Owl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1942
#41 Posted: 17:20:42 04/07/2008
PLEASE CONTINUE!!OR I WILL EXPLODE YOU WILL HAVE TO CLEAN THE WALLS!!!!! LOL!
---
Back from hibernation.
Last edited at 17:21:23 04/07/2008 by Night Owl
#42 Posted: 17:49:49 04/07/2008 | Topic Creator
O.o Kay...
---
#43 Posted: 18:50:50 04/07/2008
Quote: Spyro LUVA
Of course, just give me time to write.

Sorry didn't mean to push.smilie
#44 Posted: 21:26:15 04/07/2008 | Topic Creator
No prob!
---
#45 Posted: 21:46:15 04/07/2008 | Topic Creator
Here it is you guys! (Sorry it's so short)

The air cooled and thinned instantly; the two dragons were refreshed and revived by a clean cool breeze as they touched down on a thick carpet of grass on a tall hill. A vast, lush, green landscape extended from the hill on all sides, ending with a wall of enormous mountains and dotted with ruins, temples, shrines and the odd tendril of smoke issuing from the fires and chimneys of a village. Tall Plains consisted of countless valleys, forests, and hills; calling this place a plain was a misconception. Just ten meters or so from the hill on which they stood, Spyro and Cynder could see a gigantic mass of boulders, from which many thick vines grew. Some of the boulders had eroded into the most peculiar shapes. One looked as though it was clenched into a fist, another could have been a foot. But the strangest one of all was a large square rock, which seemed to have facial features chiseled into it.
Spyro and Cynder smiled and laughed in relief. Sadly their short-lived joy and comfort was not to last; this became apparent as a thunderous and familiar roar of anger split the calm. Deafening booms issued from the portal behind them as it reopened and deposited Meleficus in front of the two dragons. He screeched furiously, disorienting the two warriors and knocking them to the floor. Spyro struggled to sit up and look at Cynder; he could see tears of pain in her eyes just before they both passed out, utterly helpless.
“Your time is up!” Meleficus howled and he lunged at the two whelps preparing to strike them with everything he had. Were it not for an unknown ally, Spyro and Cynder would have been incinerated and their wings torn off by the creature’s razor sharp legs. Meleficus was knocked aside by a tremendous shock wave, causing him to lodge his forelegs permanently into the bedrock of Tall Plains. Unknown to the visitors, the seemingly harmless rock pile was in fact the Atlowa god known as Excelcior. He rose from his resting place causing the earth to lurch and quake. He looked upon the pitiful flaming worm before him; this once almighty beast was the size of a slug compared to mountain-like lord of Tall Plains. He was about to help Meleficus when he saw two young dragons, one of which he owed his followers to lying in a heap and realized who this despicable insect was. Excelcior bellowed in fury and swallowed this pest into the earth. It screamed in agony and rage as it was crushed to death by the closing fissure.
---
#46 Posted: 19:53:44 05/07/2008
Sweet! Sorry I haven't postedin a while either. I got a little busy but no matter CONTINUE!smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me