Forum

Spyro 2: Gateway to Glimmer

Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro 2: Gateway to Glimmer / Ripto's Rage > My copy of this game nearly broke in a tragic accident...
Page 1 of 1
My copy of this game nearly broke in a tragic accident... [CLOSED]
ilovespyro11 Gnorc Gems: 334
#1 Posted: 20:39:40 28/06/2012 | Topic Creator
My dad is addicted to Spyro more than I am. (Anyone who says people aged 10+ are too old for Spyro, my dad was about 31 at the time. He's 39 now, still a Spyro gamer forever!) Anyway. A few years ago, when I was six, I was begging him to let me play but he wouldn't let me-three guesses why smilie he went to get a cuppa tea, dragging my PS1 with him. Okay, our shared PS1. When he came back he played Spyro with one hand and my mum comes in and trips over the playstation, flipping it over. Dad gets up to sort it out because Mum goes off to work, and he trips over the console wire, spilling tea everywhere. I scream and rip the disc out of the PS1 while dad cleans the tea up. I wipe the disc and we try it in the playstation, to find it's as glitchy as hell. We take the PS1 to the Game shop and they tell us it's broken smilie dad gets me a PS2 for my 7th birthday and I try Gateway to Glimmer straight away. It works! Dad chucks the old PS1 in the bin and he nicks GtG off me and starts flaming Hunter's ass in the Speedway rounds. smilie

Anyone else's disc had a near-death experience?
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#2 Posted: 22:25:09 28/06/2012
Quote: ilovespyro11
My dad is addicted to Spyro more than I am. (Anyone who says people aged 10+ are too old for Spyro, my dad was about 31 at the time. He's 39 now, still a Spyro gamer forever!) Anyway. A few years ago, when I was six, I was begging him to let me play but he wouldn't let me-three guesses why smilie he went to get a cuppa tea, dragging my PS1 with him. Okay, our shared PS1. When he came back he played Spyro with one hand and my mum comes in and trips over the playstation, flipping it over. Dad gets up to sort it out because Mum goes off to work, and he trips over the console wire, spilling tea everywhere. I scream and rip the disc out of the PS1 while dad cleans the tea up. I wipe the disc and we try it in the playstation, to find it's as glitchy as hell. We take the PS1 to the Game shop and they tell us it's broken smilie dad gets me a PS2 for my 7th birthday and I try Gateway to Glimmer straight away. It works! Dad chucks the old PS1 in the bin and he nicks GtG off me and starts flaming Hunter's ass in the Speedway rounds. smilie

LOL! Your Dad seems like a lot of fun, I bet I could beat him easily at any Spyro game, my Dad got me into video games too, but it wasn't Spyro at first, that came a little bit later on, at first it was Tomb Raider, and he got into video games in his 50's. He's in his late 60's now, but can't play video games as good as before, for one thing, he's getting too slow at them, which is ashame really. I used to struggle at video games and he used to be better than me, and now it's going the other way round, so revenge time for me. smilie

By the way, I've had one with my Beatles: Rock Band video game, it was my own stupid fault, for some reason I couldn't be bothered to just put the console on the shelf, but no, I left it in the middle of the room, as I walked across the room to grab the guitar, I knocked over the console by mistake with my foot, the console was fine, but the disc died. Luckily I got a new one now, and I only had that first copy for a week. And now I can be arsed to put it on the shelf, lol.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:27:57 28/06/2012 by SuperSpyroFan
#3 Posted: 10:43:06 29/06/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

LOL! Your Dad seems like a lot of fun, I bet I could beat him easily at any Spyro game, my Dad got me into video games too, but it wasn't Spyro at first, that came a little bit later on, at first it was Tomb Raider, and he got into video games in his 50's. He's in his late 60's now, but can't play video games as good as before, for one thing, he's getting too slow at them, which is ashame really. I used to struggle at video games and he used to be better than me, and now it's going the other way round, so revenge time for me. smilie

By the way, I've had one with my Beatles: Rock Band video game, it was my own stupid fault, for some reason I couldn't be bothered to just put the console on the shelf, but no, I left it in the middle of the room, as I walked across the room to grab the guitar, I knocked over the console by mistake with my foot, the console was fine, but the disc died. Luckily I got a new one now, and I only had that first copy for a week. And now I can be arsed to put it on the shelf, lol.

LOL!!! My dad beat Ripto in 5-10 minutes! And last night I beat Spike in less than 5 minutes, no joke. If there was an emulator on this website i'd take you on any day!
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#4 Posted: 07:42:18 30/06/2012
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

LOL!!! My dad beat Ripto in 5-10 minutes! And last night I beat Spike in less than 5 minutes, no joke. If there was an emulator on this website i'd take you on any day!

Ripto is my favourite boss level, it's so challenging, yet so enjoyable. I think Spike is a bit easier to beat than Ripto actually. That would be epic.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
AshETERNAL Green Sparx Gems: 387
#5 Posted: 02:50:29 20/07/2012
My games haven't nearly died yet, but I bet something like that will happen soon. xD
---
*Previously on this site as GlitchGirl. Heheh. I hate losing passwords and forgetting what of 5 emails you registered with smilie*
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8532
#6 Posted: 03:36:47 20/07/2012
Thank goodness that it didn't break.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Todorov_T_11 Green Sparx Gems: 282
#7 Posted: 08:18:23 20/07/2012
my spyro 2 nearly dead when playing it no music and other problem like it freezes when going world to world
#8 Posted: 12:33:29 20/07/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Todorov_T_11
my spyro 2 nearly dead when playing it no music and other problem like it freezes when going world to world

yeah, the same copy that got tea on it suffered this same fate, and now it freezes on the start screen. i found a new copy though. Well not new, but hey, it worked smilie
Todorov_T_11 Green Sparx Gems: 282
#9 Posted: 14:02:15 20/07/2012
it still work on my ps2 lucky 4 me and i'v found ways around those over problems
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7699
#10 Posted: 15:15:44 19/08/2012
^Lucky you smilie
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
DancingShower11 Gnorc Gems: 206
#11 Posted: 19:56:09 19/08/2012
My mom loves Spyro... She plays it.
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7699
#12 Posted: 11:34:39 20/08/2012
My mom STILL can't get the hang of it smilie
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
Rose Tyler Gnorc Gems: 87
#13 Posted: 14:23:40 23/11/2012
Spyro's too strong for tea!
King_Pika Blue Sparx Gems: 544
#14 Posted: 02:34:27 24/11/2012
My Kirby's Epic Yarn ended in a bookcase collapse. I got a new copy 2 years later. smilie
---
"Regretting never, our dreams will be... Halfway to forever! Our light comes shining through. Reach down deep, big defeat. Do all that we can do!"
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me