Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 789 of 934 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 787 788 789 790 791 ... 932 933 934
Personal Thoughts [STICKY]
King_PikaII Green Sparx Gems: 270
#39401 Posted: 03:52:30 26/01/2017
People who use gifs in arguments are absolutely inane and clearly don't deserve the right to contribute to the actual grown-up conversation. Double points if it's a generic reaction gif that serves no other person that tries to paint the other person as "salty" just because they have the "audacity" to have feelings instead of being callous and shallow.
---
Interests: Fire Emblem, Persona, Pokémon, Zelda, Kirby, Ace Attorney, other similar games
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#39402 Posted: 03:54:22 26/01/2017
Quote: King_PikaII
People who use gifs in arguments are absolutely inane and clearly don't deserve the right to contribute to the actual grown-up conversation. Double points if it's a generic reaction gif that serves no other person that tries to paint the other person as "salty" just because they have the "audacity" to have feelings instead of being callous and shallow.

So because someone posts a gif we should get rid of their right of free speech, because you say so?
---
Dead
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#39403 Posted: 04:06:00 26/01/2017
Quote: mega spyro
So because someone posts a gif we should get rid of their right of free speech, because you say so?

Have you not ever been on the internet???
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
willspyro Ripto Gems: 5862
#39404 Posted: 05:21:31 26/01/2017

[User Posted Image]

Am I insane yet?

Oh yeah, it's ****ing S&N for ****s sake! If you didn't like posts with gifs then don't post in S&N or any other forum that people **** post on, but if you're just ignoring this post then whatever I give up on you.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:26:33 26/01/2017 by willspyro
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8459
#39405 Posted: 06:08:02 26/01/2017
i was looking at old baby photos and started crying
ThroneOfMalefor Platinum Sparx Gems: 5391
#39406 Posted: 09:03:46 26/01/2017
[User Posted Image]
- - -
---
BREATHE AIR.
SoulFly Emerald Sparx Gems: 4660
#39407 Posted: 11:23:28 26/01/2017
Quote: Drawdler
... I wanna give you guys the biggest hugs.

*hug*
---
Ligi
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#39408 Posted: 11:50:30 26/01/2017

You too, dude! *hugs* I love all my friends here on this site.
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#39409 Posted: 11:52:47 26/01/2017

Quote: SoulFly

*hug*

Quote: TheToyNerd

You too, dude! *hugs* I love all my friends here on this site.

Group Hug!

*hugs all* smilie
#39410 Posted: 12:35:56 26/01/2017
Quote: willspyro

[User Posted Image]

Am I insane yet?

Oh yeah, it's ****ing S&N for ****s sake! If you didn't like posts with gifs then don't post in S&N or any other forum that people **** post on, but if you're just ignoring this post then whatever I give up on you.

Yeah, no. I expect at least a little gravitas when dealing with difficult subjects. This wasn't just directed at one person, regardless of what you probably think, as both ZapNorris and SteveMacQ are both complicit in attempting to modulate a debate without actually giving their content substance. I also see this type of conuundrum on much of the internet, and it's deeply annoying. It means you have nothing of worth to actually say, so you resort of belittling your opponent with a meager reaction image.

Stuff and Nonsense is not "lol whatever goes so let's just spam topics with serious messages."
---
Interests: Fire Emblem, Persona, Pokémon, Zelda, Kirby, Ace Attorney, other similar games
Canidae Blue Sparx Gems: 588
#39411 Posted: 14:09:11 26/01/2017
Dang, I forgot how fun it was to draw nsfw art. I should give it a go more often.
---
These violent delights have violent ends.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#39412 Posted: 14:10:12 26/01/2017
Quote: HIR
How big of an idiot do you have to be to not realize you chose a PC monitor with no built-in speakers until you finished setting the monitor up? A big one. Which is what I am. And now I have to buy speakers... <.>

UPDATE: The speakers work. Still an idiot, though! ^.^
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#39413 Posted: 20:48:53 26/01/2017
getting real tired of failing and letting everyone down in the process : ^ )
Dark Lord Platinum Sparx Gems: 7365
#39414 Posted: 21:12:19 26/01/2017

Am I insane yet?

Yeah, no. I expect at least a little gravitas when dealing with difficult subjects. This wasn't just directed at one person, regardless of what you probably think, as both ZapNorris and SteveMacQ are both complicit in attempting to modulate a debate without actually giving their content substance. I also see this type of conuundrum on much of the internet, and it's deeply annoying. It means you have nothing of worth to actually say, so you resort of belittling your opponent with a meager reaction image.

Stuff and Nonsense is not "lol whatever goes so let's just spam topics with serious messages."

That depends on the intention. The fact is that their intention is unknown, maybe it's to belittle or maybe they're just trying to lighten the mood? Granted it might be at the expense of another person, but again they could be just trying to lighten the mood when something so serious is going on.

Now are they doing it the right way? Is it the right time to do it? That depends and differs based on the person while some will be uplifted others will take to it as something not needed or bad. Now I'm not saying that having fun at the expense of other people is right nor not to care about people's feelings... But the internet is connected worldwide, and the thing is people are people, there will be bad eggs and there will be good eggs. In a way the internet is like dealing with the real world and that sometimes you can't change things. Albeit the big difference is most of it is text and anonymity so people are going to feel like they're allowed to do more and will act upon that but it's still just text, or an image or both.

Because of this the more you react to these things the more people will enjoy getting a rise out of you as some people find that as something they do for fun. Or maybe the intention behind it is just to lighten the mood, the thing is it's unknown it's not like speaking to people face-to-face. This is why somethings on the internet should not be taken with too much thought or you're going to end up turning away from every post that has a gif even when semi-serious. Not saying to be an internet bot either and just do away with all emotions, words will always effect someone regardless... But how people deal with things depends on that person, maybe they're just wanting to lighten the mood, maybe they're trying to get a rise out of you. Thing is if you take to it too much you'll either end up ruining what they were trying to do... Or giving them what they want.

There are somethings you will need to let go of sometimes and just think that people are having a good laugh, that people just want to look at things brightly or add a joke in a serious conversation to try and lighten things up, like people sometimes do in real life but in this case they're using a gif instead of words. Sometimes you will have to ignore it because people are looking to get a reaction out of you. And there are sometimes where you should speak out against something. But if you react toward something too much that is just a gif which they've been apart of the internet for a long time now even if the gif might be wrongly placed in your or others judgement, then you might not be ready for the internet. But that is just my opinion.

Edit: Not to say it's bad to say that a gif was wrongly placed somewhere, just saying if you react and argue too much about it, then you'll either be ruining something lighthearted or giving people exactly what they want, which would be a huge reaction to something small.
---
Like fallen snow, I lay on the ground and wait for my turn to fade away, no matter how unique I seem. It's my gift to you... A true sacrifice...
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:29:17 26/01/2017 by Dark Lord
Beemo Gold Sparx Gems: 2828
#39415 Posted: 01:09:10 27/01/2017

*huggies*
---
I hate this name and I want to change it.
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#39416 Posted: 01:13:11 27/01/2017

[User Posted Image]

Am I insane yet?

seriously tho just let people do what they want
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#39417 Posted: 01:31:35 27/01/2017
i may have just accidentally ruined everything just by leaving a tab open on my computer.

good job me
---
Dead
#39418 Posted: 03:41:45 27/01/2017
Quote: parisruelz12

[User Posted Image]

Am I insane yet?

seriously tho just let people do what they want

I agree, people should do what they want. But they should also understand that their way of arguing is simply not conducive to actual arguments. That's all I'm saying.
---
#39419 Posted: 05:24:38 27/01/2017
How the **** did I get strep again?!
---
#39420 Posted: 09:09:40 27/01/2017
Yes. I love pizza.

Don't we all?
---
Ligi
#39421 Posted: 09:32:02 27/01/2017
Yes. I love pizza.

Don't we all?

Yes. I love pizza.

Yes. I love pizza very much
---
Ligi
#39422 Posted: 10:13:56 27/01/2017

Yes. I love pizza.

Yes. I love pizza very much

Rella.

Rella rella
Pizza mozzarella
---
Ligi
#39423 Posted: 21:25:27 27/01/2017
i dont feel good today.
---
willspyro Ripto Gems: 5862
#39424 Posted: 03:21:06 28/01/2017
Damn, I'm bored as ****!
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#39425 Posted: 03:30:33 28/01/2017
nothing i say will change anything at this point in time. I just have to wait and hope to god that you give me another chance.

-----
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
#39426 Posted: 06:53:35 28/01/2017
wow ok that was kinda ass holeish.

i hope you bear in mind that you'd be nothing without him.

just saaaayin'
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:56:15 28/01/2017 by parisruelz12
Riolu-Blue-247 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8843
#39427 Posted: 10:37:20 28/01/2017
i feel sick just looking at my hands, I want to rip my skin off, I want to scratch at my neck until I can feel that hot liquid dripping, it wouldn't take long. A few minutes of direct scratching on that one spot and I'm a goner, and it wouldn't even matter. No one would notice. No one.

I wish I was numb, being unable to feel at all is better than feeling this
---
I just realised that I might not know what the hell is going on
Project_Unnamed Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10179
#39428 Posted: 10:57:01 28/01/2017
I had honest moment of ”what are you going to do with your life”. Maybe I am wasting my short stay on planet Earth doing things in life that eventually do not challenge and reward me at all. I know I can reach something “better” and “bigger” but somehow I just always seem to lost the way and sink in dark thoughts which incapacitates me being the man I know I can be. It is just so frustrating. One has to do things in life and find the place but since everything is without actual reason and meaning it always comes down to the question whether to continue or just give up and let it all go. But what is there to be lost at all, right?

That was my personal thought of the day, Carry on being personal, people…
---
I might give you more opinions... for a small fee of course.
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#39429 Posted: 19:34:20 28/01/2017
These discord servers I've been on have all had a recurring theme lately it's so weird. They talk of dreaming about their own levels in their favorite 3D Platformers, as well as custom 3D mario maker levels in their favorite games, what makes it weird is that they all are on different servers and haven't even met each other.

It's cool tho and it's not like I have not had the same thoughts myself.
Thunderdragon14 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8087
#39430 Posted: 20:33:17 28/01/2017
is trump gonna shut down sjws and feminazis yet
---
Quote: Alydol
go back to whining about your fish
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#39431 Posted: 21:04:12 28/01/2017
^You're not being funny anymore.
#39432 Posted: 21:18:23 28/01/2017
hey dont comment on my pt
---
wspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4422
#39433 Posted: 22:07:50 28/01/2017
^that's quite a comment
#39434 Posted: 22:54:17 28/01/2017
now you're hurting my feelings smilie
---
wspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4422
#39435 Posted: 23:13:28 28/01/2017
:^(

---
#39436 Posted: 00:07:59 29/01/2017
So, I should always just keep giving him second chances, even though he keeps telling me things like "go die in a hole you pathetic scumbag" constantly. He is such a hateful little *****, he doesn't deserve more chances. I've given him so, so many chances, and he always insist on acting like a terrible piece of ****. It's not sibling rivalry, it's a case of "he's a ****ing asshole" and nothing will fix it.

He shows no regret for treating me like ****, he only apologizes because he's forced to. He's used all his second chances, I despise him and want him out of my life. Don't keep telling me that I can fix it all just by telling him to stop and I don't like it. I've tried many times to tell him to stop, it only makes him worse. I've told him that I don't like it, and again it's only made it worse. This isn't because I try to spend as much time away from him as possible, I only spend as much time away from him as possible because he's terrible. I'm so tired of being told it's my fault, that I could just fix it by spending more time with him, being nicer to him, and just loving him because he's family will fix it all.

I don't want to be forced on some ****ing vacation with this family so he can be terrible and I can't even get away from it. I have school, I can't just be on a vacation because you said so. I can't deal with him any more, he is a truly terrible person, and nothing can change that.
---
Dead
#39437 Posted: 04:45:12 29/01/2017
This is the happiest day of my life, **** my brain for ruining it with depressing thoughts and loneliness...

I don't deserve my friends IRL and on this site... They provide so much help for me and I return the favor by being a big ol sad sack!
TheFlyingSeal Diamond Sparx Gems: 8523
#39438 Posted: 04:53:41 29/01/2017
I'm sorry for making you feel this way. I'm gonna be honest, I've been noticing it too. But there's a reason and I can't ignore it.

I'm just bitter.

I'm bitter that I can't spend time with you anymore. I'm bitter that you've placed everything we worked for on a back burner, and I can't do anything about it because you've lost interest in those things. I'm bitter that I call my friend at night, crying, thinking that you've lost interest in me. I'm bitter that the things we used to do doesn't happen any more, and you will only do it if someone else is involved like I'm not good enough to do that thing. I'm bitter that I have to do something related to you just to grab your interest and notice me, like drawing you or writing about you. I'm bitter that not even sending you stuff I'd think you would like gets a reaction out of you, only a few rare times. I'm bitter that I actually annoyed a friend because I had to say your name tons of times in a group call JUST to get your attention. I'm bitter that you didn't even tell me you got added back to the group. I'm bitter that now you're joining group calls and don't even tell me, when in the past we used to have a call every night and I would WAIT for you because I'd KNOW you were busy and I know you're in a tough spot. I'm bitter from waiting. I'm bitter that it feels like I'm trying to grab the wrist of someone who's running away from me.
I'm bitter from constant broken promises.

I'm bitter from the fact that I know all the reasons for why this is happening, why you can't do certain things, and how your personality is.....but yet I still feel bitter about everything else.

:CCCC
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#39439 Posted: 20:43:24 29/01/2017

- - -
Rickorio Gold Sparx Gems: 2463
#39440 Posted: 22:46:55 29/01/2017
I actually have been great recently. I managed to make it into Wind Symphony (the top band) again this semester, and I've been doing pretty good in my classes. I really like the solo I'm playing for the UIL solo contest, but it is kind of annoying that I have to memorize it. Oh, and I'm freaking terrified of performing by myself. But this help me prepare for region in winter this year. I really want to make All-Area, or hell, maybe even State.
---
#hu
#39441 Posted: 01:47:08 30/01/2017
That was a ****ty place to leave off the conversation... I feel like a douche now, but I probably shouldn't. It wasn't even that bad of an argument, but goddamn...

---

Now I have no one to talk to. I should head to bed, but I really feel like striking up a conversation. My interactions always get cut so short, but I don't feel like getting people's attention again cause they have lives and friends besides me. I always want to make it about me. I don't deserve my friends, man.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:56:32 30/01/2017 by TheToyNerd
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#39442 Posted: 02:33:05 30/01/2017
Quote: TheToyNerd
Now I have no one to talk to. I should head to bed, but I really feel like striking up a conversation. My interactions always get cut so short, but I don't feel like getting people's attention again cause they have lives and friends besides me. I always want to make it about me. I don't deserve my friends, man.

Hey man, you can always strike up a conversation with me if you want! I'm always down to talk.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#39443 Posted: 03:08:57 30/01/2017
my life is actually a joke

a very funny joke, but a joke nontheless
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
Riolu-Blue-247 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8843
#39444 Posted: 06:30:37 30/01/2017
it would be so easy for some one like me to vanish, i know i am only wasting space by being around. im a waste of money, a waste of time, a waste of resources. im not going to change the world, im not going to make an impact. why do i stay alive when it would be so much easier for everyone if i just died? im weak. thats why. i cant even commit suicide correctly, i am truely a failure at everything. so ll do the next best thing, if i cant vanish by killing myself. ill just remove myself from everywhere, and everything. if i dont leave this room ill just starve to death in the end. probably the best thing for a person like me anyway. not like anyone would notice or care.

goodbye
---
I just realised that I might not know what the hell is going on
ThroneOfMalefor Platinum Sparx Gems: 5391
#39445 Posted: 19:52:56 30/01/2017
Enthusiasm down as fast as it went up
[User Posted Image]
---
BREATHE AIR.
#39446 Posted: 21:21:28 30/01/2017
im really glad i unfollowed him lmao
---
#39447 Posted: 23:50:23 30/01/2017
Riolu-Blue-247, TheToyNerd,TheFlyingSeal, and mega spyro, I'm sorry to hear you feel that way.

If you need anything or you really need to vent, I'm here. I'll pretty much help anyone out, tbh. But yeah.
---
#39448 Posted: 23:56:54 30/01/2017
Quote: Beemo
Riolu-Blue-247, TheToyNerd,TheFlyingSeal, and mega spyro, I'm sorry to hear you feel that way.

If you need anything or you really need to vent, I'm here. I'll pretty much help anyone out, tbh. But yeah.

Thanks dude! Don't worry, I'm fine now. It comes in waves, really. I think I'm fine for now.
First | Previous | Page 789 of 934 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 787 788 789 790 791 ... 932 933 934

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me