darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure > The Truth About Chinese Dragon Skylander
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
The Truth About Chinese Dragon Skylander [CLOSED]
SkylanderLegend Green Sparx Gems: 227
#1 Posted: 00:20:17 12/06/2012 | Topic Creator
The chinese dragon skylander has long been considered a fluke but i tell you now he is not.
The chinese dragon skylander is... Drobot
Why? Because as the skylanders are being sucked down to earth drobots armor gets sucked off and the chinese dragon skylander is just drobot without the armor!!!
Case closed problem solved

I love listening to what other people have to say about this
---
It's not skill I'm just better than you.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:44:25 12/06/2012 by SkylanderLegend
Cynder Lover25 Gold Sparx Gems: 2332
#2 Posted: 00:22:39 12/06/2012
no it isnt!!!!
---
Been here since 2012...still a gold sparx
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#3 Posted: 00:35:24 12/06/2012
Quote: SkylanderLegend
The chinese dragon skylander has long been considered a fluke but i tell you now he is not.
The chinese dragon skylander is... Drobot
Why? Because as the skylanders are being sucked down to earth drobots armor gets sucked off and the chinese dragon skylander is just drobot without the armor!!!
Case closed problem solved

Wrong. The Chinese Dragon Skylander isn't Drobot without armor, it's a completely different character. There's a VERY obvious difference between Drobot and the Chinese Dragon.

[User Posted Image]
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#4 Posted: 00:43:56 12/06/2012
Nice theory, but wrong.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
#5 Posted: 00:45:49 12/06/2012
SkylanderLegend, what you said is just plain old fan speculation. Come on, if you already know that you were wrong about your theory, why post a topic about this?
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Cynder Lover25 Gold Sparx Gems: 2332
#6 Posted: 00:46:33 12/06/2012
yeah.
---
Been here since 2012...still a gold sparx
Kariana Emerald Sparx Gems: 3057
#7 Posted: 01:06:07 12/06/2012
I actually like this theory, but Aura24 is right, it most certainly isn't him due to the differences.
---
KrazyKari.deviantart.com
#8 Posted: 04:24:45 12/06/2012 | Topic Creator
when did i say i was wrong about my theory
---
#9 Posted: 04:34:10 12/06/2012 | Topic Creator
btw what other explanation is there for the chinese dragon skylander. there would be no reason for them to make an extra skylander, that would throw off the whole even class thing they have going and don't tell me it was just a fluke or a purposeful marketing attempt because when this video came out half of you didn't even know about the game and had never seen the video until you finally got into it. even activision and toys for bob didn't know it would take off as much as it has. if this was meant to be a marketing thing then they would have saved it for when the game was starting to peak. what other explanation is there? nobody has officially seen drobot out of his amor so this would make the most sense. if you have a great explanation i would love to hear it but until then don't hate because you weren't smart enough to come to the right conclusion first or because you are disappointed with the truth because you were expecting more.
---
OpalOsprey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1127
#10 Posted: 05:11:41 12/06/2012
^ You weren't the first person who believed that this was Drobot without his armor, months back we discussed this in another thread and it was pretty much ruled out. It's a neat concept but it isn't practical. The green dragon was most likely an early character design for a life dragon but then they decided not to use it. This video was most likely in the process before all of the characters were finalized and Camo might have been like Warnado in the way that he is dragon-like, but there was going to be a "true" dragon in the element (such as Whirlwind takes the air element dragon place instead of Warnado). My second guess is that he was going to be the fire elemental dragon since they were initially designing Sunburn as a more bird-like Phoenix creature than a dragon hybrid so after they decided to change Sunburn to the fire element's dragon, they scrapped the green dragon. This is just my guess so I'm sorry if I didn't word it very well.
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

"You don't need a reason to help people" ~ Zidane -Final Fantays IX
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#11 Posted: 05:31:37 12/06/2012
THAT IS NOT DROBOT DANG IT! I THOUGHT WE BEEN OVER THIS!!! IF YOU READ DROBOT'S BIO. YOU WOULD HAVE KNOWN HE BECAME A SKYLANDER AFTER HE GOT HIS ARMOR!!! AND DROBOT HAS ONLY ONE MIDDLE HORN NOT 2 ON THE SIDE! GOD!
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
CynderFan1309 Gold Sparx Gems: 2235
#12 Posted: 07:28:54 12/06/2012
Was the caps rage necessary? Is it really that big of a deal?
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#13 Posted: 14:16:04 12/06/2012
Er...isn't Drobot in the video at some point as well. I remember someone pointing it out in another thread.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
AJAwesome Platinum Sparx Gems: 6281
#14 Posted: 14:22:29 12/06/2012
That was Camo^
---
I'm a girl. My name is Reese. :3
spyrothe111 Ripto Gems: 3702
#15 Posted: 14:45:17 12/06/2012
Maybe It Was A Scraped Skylander. :S
greenpuff Blue Sparx Gems: 648
#16 Posted: 16:39:57 12/06/2012
Guys it's camo its just that he looks different in the thing ok?
---
Finished SG!
I got smilie and smilie
Ignitor101 Blue Sparx Gems: 719
#17 Posted: 16:44:07 12/06/2012
Quote: greenpuff

a LOT of people used to say that,but he isn't.
#18 Posted: 16:45:11 12/06/2012
OKAY (yes the caps is necessary) THERE'S ALREADY A TOPIC ABOUT THIS SKYLANDER THAT IS MUCH OLDER THAN THIS S### (no offense cause camo is actually in the trailer D###IT!)
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
greenpuff Blue Sparx Gems: 648
#19 Posted: 16:56:56 12/06/2012
You know what I'll ask my camo and see if he did exactly that on the picture

Me: Hey camo!
Camo: What?
Me: Is this you? -Shows picture-
Camo:Hey, now that you mention it, that IS me!!!!
Me: So the case is solved hahaha smilie
---
Finished SG!
I got smilie and smilie
#20 Posted: 16:59:11 12/06/2012
Quote: greenpuff

You know, a lot of fans made this same exact mistake of guessing that 'Camo' being the Chinese Dragon Skylander, but they never bothered to look at the appearance differences.

How can this guy:
[User Posted Image]

Be Camo?
[User Posted Image]

Those who say that the Chinese Dragon Skylander is 'Camo' really needs to look at the differences.

Camo himself even appeared in the Beginning Trailer:

[User Posted Image]
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:00:46 12/06/2012 by Aura24
#21 Posted: 17:00:39 12/06/2012
^thank you
---
icon from Empoh
#22 Posted: 17:07:26 12/06/2012
I'm pretty sure it's like I said, it's just a scrapped fire character that Sunburn took its place as the dragon in that element so it was removed. Or it was going to be in the life element as the dragon but they decided that it looked too similar to Camo so they scrapped the idea and choose Camo as the dragon of that element.
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

#23 Posted: 17:11:57 12/06/2012
^thank you again. (finally some people make sense)
---
icon from Empoh
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#24 Posted: 17:13:12 12/06/2012
inb4 it's the new Fire Element character for Giants. haha
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#25 Posted: 17:14:36 12/06/2012
say what?????
---
icon from Empoh
#26 Posted: 17:16:01 12/06/2012
^ I wish =) but you never know, they might bring back this character somehow. It wouldn't have to be a playable one but maybe an NPC like what they did with Arbo.
---

#27 Posted: 17:20:07 12/06/2012
^ or maybe they somehow built an adventure pack with him (this is my guessing) with the Chinese theme and the year of the Dragon dawning when some evil strikes on that land
---
icon from Empoh
sykotek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1262
#28 Posted: 18:02:03 12/06/2012
Quote: OpalOsprey
I'm pretty sure it's like I said, it's just a scrapped fire character that Sunburn took its place as the dragon in that element so it was removed. Or it was going to be in the life element as the dragon but they decided that it looked too similar to Camo so they scrapped the idea and choose Camo as the dragon of that element.

Quote: Trix Master 100
^thank you again. (finally some people make sense)

Sunburn? Check the beginning of this video, it's not Sunburn.

It really does makes me sick how close minded some of you guys are that whenever this pops up, some of you guys instantly jump all over the topic saying it's not Drobot and the level of seriousness you take with your responses, yet instead you prefer to take the more nonsensical route and claim it's some scrapped Skylander even despite the similarities to Drobot that have been presented to you.

Sure, I think it's Drobot, but at least I have stated my reasons why previously only to receive the same treatment as the OP. Really, you have no idea how Drobot looks under his armor, so at the very least, it should be plausible that it could be him, but no, we're just plain wrong, it's either a scrapped Skylander or it's Sunburn...at least Camo is a better guess if it weren't for the fact that it was disproved already.

I previously posted the contact information for the people who made the trailer, did any of you try to contact them to try to figure out who it was? I did...and my single e-mail about the subject apparently didn't warrant a response.

Sorry about the rant, but this is going to be my only post about this on this topic...since there's nothing further to add, but just because you guys who just hammer the topics with "NOT DHURRBOT" posts tend to get the last posts in, it doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're obnoxious and really not worth responding to...you're not adding anything significant to conversation.
---
Volcanic Vault World Tour is temporarily on hold...waiting on dwattzdrummer
#29 Posted: 18:10:57 12/06/2012
Quote: sykotek

Sunburn? Check the beginning of this video, it's not Sunburn.

...You're joking right? How can you not think this is Sunburn? Ugh.. the mistakes some fans make when they're not familiar with character appearances...

[User Posted Image]

And also, Drobot is a variant of brown and green, has no horns, and doesn't have orange spades on his back, while the Chinese Dragon Skylander is COMPLETELY green.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:13:47 12/06/2012 by Aura24
#30 Posted: 18:12:13 12/06/2012
dude seriously..if I recall correctly.

Dragons are smart, but none so much as Drobot. He was born in the highest reaches of Skylands, where dragons spent all their time competing in aerial battles. But Drobot was more interested in taking things apart to see how they worked. While exploring one day, Drobot came upon some mysterious technology, and used his intelligence to assemble a robotic suit that would make him just as powerful as his fellow dragons... if not more so. His suit features laser beams that shoot from his eyes, flight enhancement technology, a vocal synthesizer that gives him a deep booming voice, and the ability to shoot spinning gears at a high velocity. With such power, more than most other dragons, Drobot joined the Skylanders to help protect the residents of Skylands.

and if this doesn't prove my so called closed minded point here's a picture comparison

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
---
icon from Empoh
#31 Posted: 18:17:40 12/06/2012
@Aura24: I was saying in response to OpalOsprey's claim that the mystery Skylander in the video is a scrapped Sunburn...clearly it is not since Sunburn is right there in the beginning of the video I posted.
---
#32 Posted: 18:22:10 12/06/2012
She didn't say anything about a 'scrapped' Sunburn. She said about a Skylander that was scrapped and Sunburn probably took its place.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:22:37 12/06/2012 by Aura24
#33 Posted: 18:23:21 12/06/2012
actually he did say that ^
---
icon from Empoh
#34 Posted: 19:37:57 12/06/2012 | Topic Creator
ok everyone has said it isn't drobot but nobody has given me any other explanation besides being a scrapped skylander which it wouldn't make sense that he was even created in the first place if there are 4 skylanders for every group and that is not the reason he would have been scrapped because they would have planned 4 skylanders for every group before creating him. Just give me a better explanation and i will listen.
---
spyro and sonic Diamond Sparx Gems: 8318
#35 Posted: 20:54:29 12/06/2012
^What kind of better explanation are you looking for? The best explanation there is is that it is a scrapped skylander. As for why it was created; well to start off not everything is set in stone from the very beginning. Also this skylander could have been scrapped when a better idea was thought up. There is no other plausible explanation.
#36 Posted: 21:01:37 12/06/2012
Slime Cyclops was a scraped skylander.
---
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#37 Posted: 21:16:45 12/06/2012
I have never seen a picture of Slime Cyclops. smilie
#38 Posted: 21:19:41 12/06/2012
"Slime Cyclops" became Zap from what I heard and Zap is to the left of Slam Bam at the beginning of the explosion in the video. Also, older versions of Boomer had him looking less cartoony than he is in the video.
---
#39 Posted: 21:29:52 12/06/2012
Picture[User Posted Image]
---
Ignitor101 Blue Sparx Gems: 719
#40 Posted: 21:32:35 12/06/2012
Quote: AJAwesome
Picture[User Posted Image]

BLEAH!!!!!!
#41 Posted: 21:53:58 12/06/2012
Besides the mystery Skylander, 5 other "dragons" are featured and can be easily identified in the video:
Fire: Sunburn
Magic: Spyro
Undead: Cynder
Life: Camo (can be debatable)
Water: Zap

If they did scrap the mystery Skylander, what element would it be for? The remaining possibilities are...
Air: Whirlwind
Earth: Bash
Tech: Drobot
---
CynderFan1309 Gold Sparx Gems: 2235
#42 Posted: 22:32:22 12/06/2012
No, Trix, a caps rage is not necessary.
It is not the end of the world if someone is "wrong" and you're "right" (total BS by the way).

Quote: sykotek
It really does makes me sick how close minded some of you guys are that whenever this pops up, some of you guys instantly jump all over the topic saying it's not Drobot and the level of seriousness you take with your responses, yet instead you prefer to take the more nonsensical route and claim it's some scrapped Skylander even despite the similarities to Drobot that have been presented to you.

Sorry about the rant, but this is going to be my only post about this on this topic...since there's nothing further to add, but just because you guys who just hammer the topics with "NOT DHURRBOT" posts tend to get the last posts in, it doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're obnoxious and really not worth responding to...you're not adding anything significant to conversation.

*applause*
The most reasonable post on this thread so far.
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#43 Posted: 00:34:05 13/06/2012
But it is in no way that similar to Drobot. What did Drobot do to the fins on his tail then? Hack it off?

I just don't understand someone's logic that it is more likely Drobot than a scrapped character.
#44 Posted: 00:46:09 13/06/2012
Some fans will something make up crazy claims that don't make sense..
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:46:40 13/06/2012 by Aura24
wanderist Platinum Sparx Gems: 7081
#45 Posted: 00:57:46 13/06/2012
Wow... some really immature and angry comments here... Seriously guys, it's okay to disagree with someone's opinion, but some of you just went overboard here. Anyway....

It's not Drobot.

It's not Camo.

It's definitely not Sunburn.

The closest anyone's gotten is the scrapped character theory, but this trailer came out about a week before the game's release. Why would they put a scrapped character in a trailer a week before the game's release?
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#46 Posted: 01:33:45 13/06/2012
Quote: wanderist
Why would they put a scrapped character in a trailer a week before the game's release?

What I was wondering
---
but i love it all smooth
#47 Posted: 02:32:37 13/06/2012
It also very well could be that they didn't put in any such scrapped Skylander at all. Activision/Toys for Bob farmed out the development of that commercial to a 3rd party CGI company. It is entirely plausible that this CGI company misinterpreted or lost some of the assets/concept art that it was given and created the mystery Skylander which could have been and may have been intended to have been Drobot all along, perhaps they simply forgot to add the armor into the model.

I think the proper way to say it is, this mystery Skylander in the commercial could be based on Drobot without his tech. Whether someone personally believes this or not is up to the end user.

I think the more important thing is, ...without having any apparent tangible reason to, what makes those of you who think it is instead a scrapped Skylander think that way?
---
#48 Posted: 05:20:37 13/06/2012 | Topic Creator
^thank you. best contribution to this thread so far.
---
joedelta Green Sparx Gems: 418
#49 Posted: 07:37:03 13/06/2012
Maybe a totally different proto skylander character that was left on the cutting room floor?
---
Need Dark Spyro or $$$$$$. 36 out of 37 Baby
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:37:37 13/06/2012 by joedelta
Deandria Green Sparx Gems: 304
#50 Posted: 11:37:20 13/06/2012
I have to say, I don't think it's Drobot. I think there isn't room under his armour for those horns or that tail, and as someone already said; Drobot's legs are brown. It is possible that most of the fins on his back and tail are squashed under his robotic parts but there should be some on the back of his head and neck visible between his helmet and the backplate his wings are on. I'm not going to say anyone is stupid for thinking it is though as the body shape is extremely similar... but what is a bit silly is claiming it to be fact without proof. There is no proof for any of the theories at all... not a single one.

Personally I think it was either a scrapped/prototype character that got put in by mistake or just a "stock" dragon to bulk out the "Good Guys" team... but there is no proof for this either so until we hear from someone at TfB or the company who made the trailer people are going to mock anyone who claims they know for sure who the dragon is.
---
Own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Really Want: smilie smilie
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me