Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 35 of 44 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 ... 42 43 44
Last movie you watched.
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#1701 Posted: 02:30:01 06/02/2018
Saw The Mummy (2017). A good lazy afternoon movie.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#1702 Posted: 19:23:17 10/02/2018
Quote: TheToyNerd
It (2017)

Ok, that was pretty good. As someone who isn't that big into horror, that was thoroughly pretty entertaining. I really loved It's visuals. They were honestly my favorite part of the movie. I know it's a bit pointless to say seeing as how every film looks good now, but I think It's visuals are it's strongest point. The CG creature effects and some of the camerawork done were done so beautifully. It's probably one of the most impressive looking horror films you will ever see.

The kids were also pretty good too. My boi Finn Wolfhard was a great comic relief. I could see where some people could find his character annoying because a lot of jokes surrounding him revolve around him being foul mouthed and rude. I loved him, though. The rest of the cast did great too. I think they did quite a fine job at giving everyone equal development (despite some being less interesting than others inherently). The child actors did a great job.

Oh yeah, and Pennywise was cool as hell, honestly. Not too goofy, but not overly serious. I bought him as a legitimate threat and I loved every moment he was on screen. I think that Pennywise himself wasn't as interesting or creepy as some of the other stuff he specifically did to **** with the kids, but I still liked him.

In terms of stuff I didn't like...

Man, the jumpscares could get stupid and annoying. They were too frequent for my liking. It makes sense as to why they're there in terms of the story, but I really didn't care for the over reliance of it. That and it was overly long. I don't know why it was this long, tbh. I feel like there was room to cut some stuff and make it shorter. Also, I hate stereotypical bullies in anything so seeing that trope get recycled was pretty eye-rolling. I never read the novel, so I don't know if those bully characters were also in there, but I've just seen so many movies and shows use that archetype way too much... it's annoying to say the least.

All in all, a solid horror flick! I would recommend seeing It, despite it's flaws. 8/10

I'm very tempted to see that movie. The original though, is my childhood fear. Blame it on my mother and aunt who put the movie (the mini series) TWICE, and I was dumb enough to see it with them. I was only SIX. This new one, however, while it's far worse in content than the original, perhaps is my opportunity to bury that irrational trauma once and for all.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
awesomerockets Emerald Sparx Gems: 4123
#1703 Posted: 00:55:09 19/02/2018
Ferdinand. The goat voiced by Kate McKinnon in this thing maybe be the worst character in cinema history. I've never hated a movie character more. Most of the movie is a just an average, harmless kids movie; but the goat pretty much ruins the whole thing.
---
go to my guestbook now and sign a petition to get Freddie benson into smash
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#1704 Posted: 19:17:49 23/02/2018
The live action Fullmetal Alchemist.

Not even going to talk about it. It's not worth the effort. 0/10.
---
Cool cool.
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#1705 Posted: 19:23:39 23/02/2018
Quote: pankakesparx456

This goes to show how much expectations we have based on other variations of media in the same universe because I've never seen FMA and I liked the movie, I certainly would not say it is a 0/10, that's Dragon Ball Evolution level of bad. It wasn't the best movie ever but I enjoyed it, probably because I've never seen the anime. I wonder what other people who saw it without anime context think as well or if I'm the only one who despite not knowing anything about it liked it.
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
#1706 Posted: 19:40:59 23/02/2018
Quote: Lunarz
Quote: pankakesparx456

This goes to show how much expectations we have based on other variations of media in the same universe because I've never seen FMA and I liked the movie, I certainly would not say it is a 0/10, that's Dragon Ball Evolution level of bad. It wasn't the best movie ever but I enjoyed it, probably because I've never seen the anime. I wonder what other people who saw it without anime context think as well or if I'm the only one who despite not knowing anything about it liked it.

I don't even know who it's trying to cater to.

If it's going for a general audience it failed on that front by being a really generic and boring action movie.

It can't be for people trying to get into the series, as far as introductions to a franchise go this is like being introduced to Avatar The Last Airbender by watching the live action movie.

And it certainly can't be for fans, fans will think it's an incoherent mess because it just takes random plot points from the entire franchise and blends them together.

As far as adaptations go it isn't as awful as The Last Airbender or Dragonball Evolution but it's pretty damn close, like hanging by a thread close.

My expectations were already incredibly low to begin with, especially considering how much the franchise means to me personally, but I still kept an open mind and watched it. But it fails on all fronts, as a movie for fans it fails, for casual audiences it's just a bland action movie with inconsistent storytelling, bland acting, butchered pacing, and laughable effects, and for people who want to get into the series, well you'd already be better off just watching the show but this movie just cements that.

And it frustrates me because I can see the potential for a good live action Fullmetal Alchemist here, whether it's a movie or tv show. You can tell they tried their absolute best to maintain a faithful atmosphere of the original series, but here it isn't enough. Especially when they're trying to blend 50 plus episodes of one show into a movie, heck even just 20 or 25 episodes. Trying your best to make a faithful adaptation of a franchise can only go so far when you have a script, effects, and acting as bad as this. If this were more like a cosplay short film or something, then I would give it a pass, but this is an actual blockbuster movie. Hell, that's probably the best comparison I can make about it: It plays out and feels exactly like a cosplay film or a fan film based on the series, not an actual adaptation.

but man what do i know i liked the percy jackson movies lol who even liked those movies

anyways, i'll just leave it at that. That's just what I personally think of it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
---
Cool cool.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:44:30 23/02/2018 by pankakesparx456
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#1707 Posted: 03:25:27 11/03/2018
Thor Ragnarok - That was one of the silliest movies I've ever seen. I kinda loved it, though! It's a stupid ass film, but in a fun, Adult Swim cartoon kind of way. Funny as hell, too. I wasn't dying laughing, but I was pretty amused with how not seriously they took this film. I'm glad they took the MCU character with the most boring movies to something as wacky and insane as GotG Vol 2. I will say that the over the top nature did get a bit cumbersome towards the end of the climax, but it's still a pretty fun romp. It's definitely up there with my favorite MCU films.

8/10
#1708 Posted: 03:46:52 11/03/2018
Thor Ragnarok - That was one of the silliest movies I've ever seen. I kinda loved it, though! It's a stupid ass film, but in a fun, Adult Swim cartoon kind of way. Funny as hell, too. I wasn't dying laughing, but I was pretty amused with how not seriously they took this film. I'm glad they took the MCU character with the most boring movies to something as wacky and insane as GotG Vol 2. I will say that the over the top nature did get a bit cumbersome towards the end of the climax, but it's still a pretty fun romp. It's definitely up there with my favorite MCU films.

8/10

To be honest, I didn't like the movie. I'm not a fan of the Thor movies in particular, but this was just... too weird. It's like it was focusing too much on the comedy and special effects and didn't even bothered with the story. Marvel started out great, but many of it's recent movies are just... weak. I think Black Panther will be the exception, though I can't say for sure until I watch it. I've heard it's great. The second Guardians of the Galaxy was more watchable, but I still prefer the first one by the extra mile.

That same week at theaters, I watched Justice League, and it was also a disappointment. It was really a shame since Wonder Women was so awesome. To be honest, superhero movies are just too overhyped, and only few exceptions are worth it. Maybe it's just me though. My dad is such a fanboy of superhero movies I always gets stuck watching them with him even if there is much more variety smilie
---
#1709 Posted: 03:57:19 11/03/2018
Quote: Felines

8/10

To be honest, I didn't like the movie. I'm not a fan of the Thor movies in particular, but this was just... too weird. It's like it was focusing too much on the comedy and special effects and didn't even bothered with the story. Marvel started out great, but many of it's recent movies are just... weak. I think Black Panther will be the exception, though I can't say for sure until I watch it. I've heard it's great. The second Guardians of the Galaxy was more watchable, but I still prefer the first one by the extra mile.

That same week at theaters, I watched Justice League, and it was also a disappointment. It was really a shame since Wonder Women was so awesome. To be honest, superhero movies are just too overhyped, and only few exceptions are worth it. Maybe it's just me though. My dad is such a fanboy of superhero movies I always gets stuck watching them with him even if there is much more variety smilie

Fair enough. I like the more silly, over-the-top type movies because I'm an idiot with no taste, but I definitely see where you're coming from. Superhero films are largely over saturated and Disney does not like differentiating too much from the formula, which is a bit of a shame. I definitely wouldn't say that the MCU is high art, but as a series of movies bringing to life dumb comic book ****, I think it still does a good job! I fully acknowledge that I'm part of the problem, seeing as my dumb ass still keeps supporting their movies, but oh well. I have fun with them.

Justice League was quite **** though.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:03:51 11/03/2018 by TheToyNerd
#1710 Posted: 04:17:59 11/03/2018
I'm not saying the comedy is bad. The first Avengers was a great movie and it had it's comedy here and there, but it was well balanced and had a decent story. Captain America, now those are movies I like. It has a great story and excellent pacing. Probably the best out of the superhero movies. I know they're trying to make all the stories into one great finale, but they should've had more careful planning. This is the problem when thereis a schedule. I prefer to have a long delay rather than have a rushed, poorly planned movie. This includes videogames too.

As for Disney in general, I must admit that it's not what it use to be. I don't like many of the movies it's releasing, especially since many of them are just remakes. They're running out of ideas. And now there is A Wrinkle in Time. I know I shouldn't judge by the trailers alone, but that movie looks excessively weird. I can see it going to a similar road as Tomorrowland smilie

I think the only thing that's saving the studio, asides the overly popular superhero movies, is Pixar. They're the ones who are still releasing great movies even today. You have no idea how much I loved Coco! Who would've thought they would take a seemingly simple holiday and turn it into such a fantastic movie? Sure, a few parts were predictable, but that didn't stop it from being amazing. One of the very few... and I mean very few movies that actually made me cry.
---
#1711 Posted: 04:50:11 11/03/2018
Those Disney movies you mentioned are great. No objection there. I adored Zootopia, and I really love how unique Moana is. And of course, there's Wreck-it Ralph and Big Hero 6, though the latter could've been slightly better. Sorry for the misunderstanding. What I meant to say is that Disney doesn't release as many great movies as it use to. You know, frequency. I never said it's not good anymore smilie

As for the remakes, those two that you mentioned are honestly the only ones I truly enjoyed. The original Pete's Dragon was a good movie, but the new one, while indeed very different, managed to tell a better story. And the Jungle Book, I also enjoyed it very much. Terrific action scenes, amazing special effects and the voices and characters were perfect. Those two movies are possibly the only remakes that managed to overpass the originals.

Also, I understand your points in Thor. Thanks for mentioning Heimdall. He's actually my favorite Thor character, and I loved his role in Ragnarok. It's great that you think the Marvel movies are better. Now I feel like I'm missing something. Perhaps if my dad wasn't such a fanboy that makes me feel forced into watching those movies, I would appreciate them better smilie
---
Radiance Emerald Sparx Gems: 3950
#1712 Posted: 05:09:12 11/03/2018
Lisa (1990)

A thriller/suspense film... originally I thought it was to be a campy 80s horror movie, considering there's a psychotic killer in the movie, buuuut... nope.

It was all right, I guess. I've seen better. Wouldn't mind if Cinema Snob reviewed it!
---
Love is a gift.. Cherish it!
#1713 Posted: 01:21:19 19/03/2018
Saw a handful of things recently:

Black Panther- Well... yeah, Marvel is still killing it. Honestly the best solo Marvel movie since Ant-Man. The action sequences and whatnot are already a lot of fun, but I love how much this film focuses more on the characters themselves and the situations around them. I think more and more about the political and cultural aspects of the film more than any other Marvel movie to date. T'Challa is a great character, and Killmonger is one of the best villains in the MCU so far. My only real complaints are pretty minimal. 9/10.

Game Night- Really funny. It's nothing groundbreaking, it's just a fun comedy to watch. Great jokes, fun characters, and a pretty cool premise. 8/10.

Tomb Raider- Okay, maybe it's too soon to say, but I think Tomb Raider has finally broken the video game movie curse. I had a really great time watching this movie. The film does have some pacing issues, and the action sequences do get plagued with shaky cam sometimes, but when the action is cool and fun, it's really cool. Aside from Lara herself, there isn't much in the way of characterization for characters in this movie, but they still get the job done. Alicia Vikander kills it as Lara Croft, giving a perfect portrayal of a young and inexperienced Lara still trying to come to terms with her situation. Honestly, she's even better for the role than Angelina Jolie was. And this new Tomb Raider movie is sure as hell better than that film.

I've seen a lot of people saying this movie is fine, and isn't anything revolutionary, and while I think overall it's just that- It's a fine, fun action flick- I would make the argument that, in a weird way, it actually is kind of revolutionary. For the first time we're seeing not only general audiences having a good time, but even critics are overall talking about how much better the quality of this movie is compared to other video game-movie adaptations. Is this movie perfectly amazing? No. But it is a really fun action movie that's got a lot of charisma going for it. This movie is a tremendous step forward for video game-movie adaptations, and I honestly think if those kind of movies want any chance at being liked, they should look towards this film as an example of how to do a video game movie correctly. 8/10.
---
Cool cool.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#1714 Posted: 04:38:08 19/03/2018
saw Coco. I really liked it and related with the movie except I didn't cry. Probably because everybody kept shouting about how they cried during the movie leading me to put the pieces together while watching. Eh.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:38:26 19/03/2018 by somePerson
#1715 Posted: 04:44:08 19/03/2018
Quote: somePerson
saw Coco. I really liked it and related with the movie except I didn't cry. Probably because everybody kept shouting about how they cried during the movie leading me to put the pieces together while watching. Eh.

How shameful that things like that do happen. You keep hearing you'll cry or laugh depending on the movie and you hear it so much you don't feel the emotion when the time comes. Which is why you should watch movies as soon as they get out or avoid reviews altogether before watching one smilie
---
#1716 Posted: 03:28:36 22/03/2018
Kill Bill Volume 1 and 2: These movies are so great. There's not much I can say besides them just being instant classics! Tarantino is a genius and he makes highly entertaining and engaging movies. I mean, the only thing I can really say is that I think one is a film I'll rewatch more than two, simply because it's a lot more dumb kung fu action. Not to say that two is worse or anything (it's clearly the superior film, writing wise), but I guess my big dumb idiot brain really enjoyed the action scenes in one a lot more, since they were the primary focus. It captured that style of old, cheesy kung fu movies way better than the second, which was just a lot more of a grounded experience. Either way, great films!

10/10
#1717 Posted: 13:49:58 25/03/2018
Pacific Rim Uprising. It was a lot better than I expected it to be and was actually really good. Probably the best movie I've seen this year.
---
Akame Yellow Sparx Gems: 1584
#1718 Posted: 18:33:15 29/03/2018
Dragon Ball Super Resurrection F.
#1719 Posted: 23:00:51 31/03/2018
I just saw Crossover: The Movie - AKA Ready Player One.

I expected the worst, but was pleasantly surprised. It was really good, imo.

I really enjoyed the fact that my favorite movie, The Shining, had a big role in it. Mechagodzilla and Iron Giant were also amazing.
---
#1720 Posted: 00:10:45 01/04/2018
Ready Player One

It was kinda ****, but I didn’t hate it. The dialogue was terrible and cringey, the references didn’t go far enough IMO, the final battle wasn’t as spectacular as I thought it could’ve been, and I didn’t care for the romance. It was overall pretty trash, but with a few good characters and a few awesome moments.

It was better than I expected, but it wasn’t as good as it could’ve been.

4/10
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#1721 Posted: 00:12:10 01/04/2018
Ready Player One

8/10
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#1722 Posted: 21:50:34 01/04/2018
black panther

i liked it. the first hour of the movie seemed like a generic marvel movie where they introduce stuff that doesnt matter but as soon as the main villain appeared the movie got so much better. the villian of this movie outshines the hero and it was amazing seeing how it played out.
#1723 Posted: 22:25:42 01/04/2018
Quote: somePerson
black panther

i liked it. the first hour of the movie seemed like a generic marvel movie where they introduce stuff that doesnt matter but as soon as the main villain appeared the movie got so much better. the villian of this movie outshines the hero and it was amazing seeing how it played out.

Well that part I agree with. The villain... if we can call him that, was truly a more interesting character. That is actually quite a common scenario in many movies and series, but Black Panther made it more exceptional.
---
#1724 Posted: 17:58:02 07/04/2018
A Quiet Place

10/10

JESUS, Lee's death had me ****ing Balling
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 6412
#1725 Posted: 15:46:38 08/04/2018
Saw Star Wars:The Last Jedi yesterday evening(quite good but flawed) and The Dark Tower(nice to watch but don’t look like what I’ve read so far,still it was better than I expected,help I love fantasy)
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#1726 Posted: 17:09:25 08/04/2018
Ready Player One. The book was okay, but the movie improved on nearly every aspect. It isn't a masterpiece or even one of Spielberg's best films, but it's a hell of a fun time.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#1727 Posted: 11:27:54 12/04/2018
The Yellow Submarine, during animation class. The animation itself is nice and all, but wow, I just feel dirty watching this huge ad all the way through. The entire dialogue is also just puns, which wouldn't be a problem if the movie was short, but boy it overstays its welcome.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Spyro Fanatic Hunter Gems: 12063
#1728 Posted: 13:44:05 13/04/2018
Gladiator

Haven't watched it in ages and it's still fantastic.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:45:45 13/04/2018 by Spyro Fanatic
Dragon Lover Emerald Sparx Gems: 4649
#1729 Posted: 00:34:12 14/04/2018
Watched Thor: Ragnarok earlier, not too shabby.
TheDarlingErika Green Sparx Gems: 119
#1730 Posted: 05:48:44 16/04/2018
Last movie I watched? Ha! Easy one!

[User Posted Image]

Damn, what are movies again...?
---
Are you ever dreaming of me?
dingodile555 Gold Sparx Gems: 2674
#1731 Posted: 16:42:20 19/04/2018
Ready Player One. I thought it was awesome but not without flaws. I was blown away by that one scene
where they were in The Shining.
#1732 Posted: 03:58:19 22/04/2018
The Last Jedi... again.

**** you, I still like it, tonal issues be damned. Pacing is a lot better on rewatch and the parts that make me hype still make me hype. Luke’s arc makes sense to me and is still one of the best parts of the film. Kylo Ren continues to be one of my favorite movie villains of all time. He’s so great! I may not be much of a Star Wars megafan, but that’s why I appreciate it hooking me in like this
#1733 Posted: 21:34:40 23/04/2018
cannibal holocaust

it was pretty cool
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5357
#1734 Posted: 21:37:55 23/04/2018
Quote: Bifrost
The Yellow Submarine, during animation class. The animation itself is nice and all, but wow, I just feel dirty watching this huge ad all the way through. The entire dialogue is also just puns, which wouldn't be a problem if the movie was short, but boy it overstays its welcome.

Remind me to watch The Yellow Submarine.
---
Soon.
#1735 Posted: 21:48:16 23/04/2018
Believe me, it's nowhere as enjoyable as having that stroke of genius in the middle of a normal sentence - especially since a lot of it comes from The Beatles proper and it breaks all the immerson when they pretend they're this fast and witty with a joke. There's also a guy that constantly rhymes AND does puns so it's extra stilted with him.
---
#1736 Posted: 22:33:19 23/04/2018
Quote: Bifrost
blah blah blah constant puns blah blah

Yeah, you mentioned puns, no going back for me now.
---
Soon.
#1737 Posted: 22:42:45 23/04/2018
See you when you ragequit at the sea of holes. At that point I just whipped out the phone and paid half attention to it.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:43:24 23/04/2018 by Bifrost
#1738 Posted: 23:03:00 23/04/2018
Ok so I watched the first 8 minutes and there were like no puns. I’ll watch it later though.
---
Soon.
#1739 Posted: 02:03:51 27/04/2018
Infinity war. Probably my favorite and I was the only one in the crowd who knew what happened in the end credits
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#1740 Posted: 05:59:56 27/04/2018
Just got back from Infinity War.
.....BRUH..........
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#1741 Posted: 16:22:58 27/04/2018
infinity war
i wasnt ready
#1742 Posted: 22:49:44 27/04/2018
Infinity War

Holy ****
#1743 Posted: 23:20:48 27/04/2018
So much hype for that movie! I'm waiting for a few weeks to pass. The theaters can be full of people that just want to mess around and not let the others watch the movie in peace, so I prefer to wait until some of the hype is over smilie
---
#1744 Posted: 23:40:47 27/04/2018
So much hype for that movie! I'm waiting for a few weeks to pass. The theaters can be full of people that just want to mess around and not let the others watch the movie in peace, so I prefer to wait until some of the hype is over smilie

Honestly, the full theater experience is what elevated a lot of the really tense moments. You could feel the energy in the room.
#1745 Posted: 00:32:53 28/04/2018

Honestly, the full theater experience is what elevated a lot of the really tense moments. You could feel the energy in the room.

Actually, I use to enjoy watching movies with people. I liked to see their reactions to certain scenes. Unfortunately, due to a group of annoying teenagers that were yelling and messing around in a movie I saw once almost as soon as it came out, I became quite antisocial when it came to theaters. Nobody ever did anything to stop them from ruining the experience, not even the employee smilie
---
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#1746 Posted: 04:39:59 29/04/2018
watched infinity war

spoilers below

"Mr Stark I don't want to go" **** THAT WILL FOREVER HAUNT ME I NEED A DRINK WHEN I GET PAID

due to being spidey, loki and groot/star lord/rocket fan i did not handle this movie well at all
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:41:06 29/04/2018 by DarkCynder_543
#1747 Posted: 17:27:11 29/04/2018
Infinity War

Is everybody dead?
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#1748 Posted: 00:27:17 06/05/2018
Kung Fu Panda 3

Very good movie, should've watched it when it came out instead of being wary because of the kiddification of some scenes. It's still there, but the movie has even more good scenes and characters in comparison.
---
#1749 Posted: 00:51:35 06/05/2018
Avengers: It still holds up surprisingly well. Lots of neat little shots and stuff. The first act is a little dragging, but I really enjoyed seeing these characters link up for the first time ever. The interactions and banter are great. Also, Hawkeye was pretty rad, shockingly! Not the greatest or most unique superhero movie ever, but it was pretty alright 7/10

Avengers Age of Ultron: This one... isn’t as strong. It’s not as dumb as everyone says it is IMO, but the writing was NOT up to snuff. The “comedy” was rather grating, despite it being the same kind of humor from other Marvel films. I get what they were trying to do with Ultron, but it failed miserably. He’s kinda unintentionally silly at points. I had to laugh! Also, Quicksilver is pointless. Action was still fun and fine, but it’s definitely one of the weaker Marvel films. I can see why Joss Whedon didn’t return after this oops! 5/10
First | Previous | Page 35 of 44 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 ... 42 43 44

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me