Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 34 of 44 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 42 43 44
Last movie you watched.
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5357
#1651 Posted: 17:10:51 06/09/2017
The Incredibles, still my favourite movie. I guess you could say it's...
...taking way too long to get a sequel.
---
Soon.
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12083
#1652 Posted: 22:31:45 06/09/2017
Angry Birds
this may be the raunchiest kids film that's also an accidental metaphor for the European Migrant Crisis that i have ever seen
Iblistech Platinum Sparx Gems: 5099
#1653 Posted: 19:50:51 07/09/2017
Toy Story 2
---
Hail to the King, baby!
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#1654 Posted: 01:57:16 16/09/2017
It (2017)

Ok, that was pretty good. As someone who isn't that big into horror, that was thoroughly pretty entertaining. I really loved It's visuals. They were honestly my favorite part of the movie. I know it's a bit pointless to say seeing as how every film looks good now, but I think It's visuals are it's strongest point. The CG creature effects and some of the camerawork done were done so beautifully. It's probably one of the most impressive looking horror films you will ever see.

The kids were also pretty good too. My boi Finn Wolfhard was a great comic relief. I could see where some people could find his character annoying because a lot of jokes surrounding him revolve around him being foul mouthed and rude. I loved him, though. The rest of the cast did great too. I think they did quite a fine job at giving everyone equal development (despite some being less interesting than others inherently). The child actors did a great job.

Oh yeah, and Pennywise was cool as hell, honestly. Not too goofy, but not overly serious. I bought him as a legitimate threat and I loved every moment he was on screen. I think that Pennywise himself wasn't as interesting or creepy as some of the other stuff he specifically did to **** with the kids, but I still liked him.

In terms of stuff I didn't like...

Man, the jumpscares could get stupid and annoying. They were too frequent for my liking. It makes sense as to why they're there in terms of the story, but I really didn't care for the over reliance of it. That and it was overly long. I don't know why it was this long, tbh. I feel like there was room to cut some stuff and make it shorter. Also, I hate stereotypical bullies in anything so seeing that trope get recycled was pretty eye-rolling. I never read the novel, so I don't know if those bully characters were also in there, but I've just seen so many movies and shows use that archetype way too much... it's annoying to say the least.

All in all, a solid horror flick! I would recommend seeing It, despite it's flaws. 8/10
#1655 Posted: 06:27:01 16/09/2017
E.T.: The Extraterrestrial
---
Hail to the King, baby!
Greeble Emerald Sparx Gems: 4276
#1656 Posted: 15:38:22 16/09/2017
The Incredible Hulk

I think Edward Norton did a good job, it's shame people have to compare him to the other actors.
---
^ You all know it's true
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#1657 Posted: 16:54:59 16/09/2017
Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
LameLime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1200
#1658 Posted: 18:44:20 23/09/2017
Final Destination series.
Well, to be honest, I only saw a clip, coupled with Spongebob music under an "I put spongebob music over" meme.

It's quite a compilation of unfortunate death. At first I thought "Hmm, this series is kind of interesting", but looking closer at them, I realize how stupid such scenarios were in terms of death to the point where it's completely unrealistic. You had to be extremely unlucky, like, 99.9999999% unlucky to consider dying over Rube Goldberg contraptions. It's no wonder Rotten Tomatoes rated this below satisfactory.
---
NOSTALGA-LANDERS COLLECTION (Spyro's Adventure)
30/32 Skylanders -- 4/4 Levels -- 8/9 Items (Includes VV)
Missing: smilie smilie + Ghost Swords
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:45:21 23/09/2017 by LameLime
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9212
#1659 Posted: 19:30:23 23/09/2017
Wayne's World

Nothing special, but it's just stupidly funny.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Mary I Green Sparx Gems: 462
#1660 Posted: 20:35:11 23/09/2017
The Big Mommas house trilogy (yes they made 3) and it felt like a full lobotomy. It was an experience so dreadful, that i forgot as to why I even chose to put myself through it. Like the first is awfull...but watchable awful. The second dosn’t even try, and the 3rd...well I will let the poster do the talking:

[User Posted Image]

Geddit THESONISINDRAG
---
Truth is the daughter of time.
#1661 Posted: 19:59:29 24/09/2017
Captain Underpants-

This was surprisingly really freaking good. I had a lot of fun with this movie. Between this and Lego Batman, it seems like some kid's films are finally realizing that you don't have to dumb down the story or humor to appeal to their audience. To say that a film called Captain Underpants was actually quite funny shows that the writers actually care.

And, this goes without saying, the animation is absolutely GORGEOUS! Overall pretty solid.

8/10
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#1662 Posted: 23:56:35 24/09/2017
Kingsman: The Golden Circle- Really good. Not as good as the first film, but still really solid. Great action, loved the characters and acting, and it looks fantastic. The story and dialogue kind of fall flat, and there is a bit of an overabundance of subplots and characters, but it's nonetheless a fun ride overall. 7/10.

Also why does evERYONe have to die in this movie why does Eggsy's dog die why does Merlin die why does Roxy die

First off they killed a dog that's not cool at ALL

second off they just kind of randomly kill off Merlin and that really made me mad because I love this character

and why do they have to kill my girl Roxy pls bring her back in the next movie we didn't see her die on screen if they can bring Harry back then they can surely bring her back pls she was one of my favorite characters in the first movie
---
Cool cool.
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 6412
#1663 Posted: 01:49:32 26/09/2017
Shutter Island,amazing
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
#1664 Posted: 23:01:02 28/09/2017
Marie Antoinette (2006) great film, wonderfully filmed and great soundtrack, yes it in unconventional but I luuhh it saaa much.

Then Elizabeth the Golden age...quite a silly film about my half sister were they just get all the actors to scream out lines whilst wearing magnificent over the top dresses. But hey gotta get that oscar that the first film never got x

Edit: Side note Elizabeth (1999) is a dreadfully dull film. Atleast Elizabeth the Golden age is fun.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:03:02 28/09/2017 by Mary I
#1665 Posted: 20:36:04 30/09/2017
Rango
---
Hail to the King, baby!
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#1666 Posted: 03:30:02 02/10/2017
Transformers: The Last Knight.

Two films squished into one and it shows. I think I need an exorcism.
#1667 Posted: 08:47:23 02/10/2017
Quote: IsisStormDragon
Transformers: The Last Knight.

Two films squished into one and it shows. I think I need an exorcism.

Please tell me you watched it illegally
---
#1668 Posted: 22:54:54 02/10/2017
^Parents rented it. $5 is... too much for this movie. Honestly if someone offered me a free copy of this movie I'd consider it an assassination attempt.

(okay maybe I'm exaggerating just a tad but this movie was bad)

I'd prefer a reboot of the Transformers movie series, but if not, just... remove Michael Bay. It gets increasingly obvious he's got little to no interest in continuing this franchise.

- - -

Watched The Lion King, however I watched the old special edition version that added Morning Report and other changes. The original version is fantastic, of course, but I saw the special edition version first as a child and I was feeling nostalgic. smilie

Cautiously optimistic for the remake.

I've also, on a different note, got some Godzilla movies lying around that I want to watch... Which is the better one to start with, Godzilla: King of the Monsters or the original Gojira? I'd like to watch both eventually but not sure which version to watch first. Any suggestions, everyone?

Edit: Should clarify, I watched an incomplete recording of Godzilla: King of the Monsters back in 2014, and watched several clips of Gojira the same year. I've yet to watch either in full.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:58:38 02/10/2017 by IsisStormDragon
#1669 Posted: 19:14:16 03/10/2017
I watched King Kong the original not long ago, an amazing film still need to watch Godzilla.

Gonna watch Mean Girls today as it is october 3rd...

Then I shall watch... a film to naughty to say by name lets just say it killed Elizabeth Berkleys acting career.
---
#1670 Posted: 02:58:10 07/10/2017
Wonder Woman

DAMN that was good
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#1671 Posted: 10:11:18 07/10/2017
Quote: King-Pen Krazy
Wonder Woman

DAMN that was good

Strong independent womaannnnnnn
---
#1672 Posted: 20:19:01 08/10/2017
Blade Runner 2049
---
#1673 Posted: 20:34:54 08/10/2017
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
Blade Runner 2049

Saw it the otherday.

crazy Hologram threesome
---
#1674 Posted: 01:27:47 25/10/2017
Threads
this movie is devastating and relentlessly real
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:29:41 25/10/2017 by Carmelita Fox
#1675 Posted: 17:36:57 28/10/2017
Quote: Carmelita Fox
Threads
this movie is devastating and relentlessly real

Dayum saw the explosion that was depressing...and reading the plot summery it dont get any better
---
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 6412
#1676 Posted: 19:22:53 28/10/2017
Watching Beetlejuice on tv
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
#1677 Posted: 23:00:11 29/10/2017
Hugo. So perdy
---
Star Dragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 5323
#1678 Posted: 10:54:04 30/10/2017
Thor Ragnarok. Completely bonkers but great fun. I've seen it twice now (first last Tuesday when it opened in the UK. Second yesterday where I watched it in Dbox (moving chairs)).
---
What! Marco sent you here? I've got a restraining order against him! - Rapunzel, Spyro 3
#1679 Posted: 01:14:08 31/10/2017
The Phantom of the Opera (1989)
the musical version doesn't have a scene of erik grafting other people's skin onto his face so this is the superior version
#1680 Posted: 09:54:53 31/10/2017
Quote: Carmelita Fox
The Phantom of the Opera (1989)
the musical version doesn't have a scene of erik grafting other people's skin onto his face so this is the superior version

The musical one is also awful.
---
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12740
#1681 Posted: 12:23:07 31/10/2017
Hocus Pocus.
It was on TV on Sunday and it's one of my all time favourite Halloween films.
#1682 Posted: 03:45:16 19/11/2017
Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice.

Didn't like it. There was some stuff I liked, but overall the bad outweighed what little good there was and my god, what a waste of Doomsday.

Can't really say much, since everything has already been said at this point.
#1683 Posted: 11:58:34 19/11/2017
Death on the Nile

Interesting murder mystery, the cast is a delight, Angela Lansbury, Bette Davis and Maggie Smith all in the same film? More of this please! And the costumes are so gooooddd
---
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#1684 Posted: 02:35:57 15/12/2017
Bump time. Star Wars: The Last Jedi.

Eeeh... An entire hour of fluff if you ask me, but I got the tickets for cheap and it's tons of fun. Cooler than the last one but it's got way more problems where it falters.

actual spoilers

Holdo, more like Holy ****
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:36:15 15/12/2017 by Bifrost
#1685 Posted: 14:40:53 15/12/2017
Star Wars: The Last Jedi- Initially blown away but now that I've had time to actually think about the movie I think it's fantastic. Enjoyed it just as much as The Force Awakens and I'm not sure which one I like better. This one is definitely more original and has a lot better moments than TFA, but TFA was definitely better paced. My only real issue with this one is that the movie can drag a lot, and a couple times TLJ just grinds to a screeching halt. Still though, I had a great time. Mark Hamill kills it as Luke Skywalker, Daisy Ridley is still great, Adam Driver is still great, Carrie Fisher has a fantastic sendoff in this film, all the characters are great and they're continuing to be my favorites in the franchise. Rian Johnson is probably the best director the franchise has had so far, it's no wonder he's getting his own trilogy to work on. Really excited to see where this new trilogy ends, because as someone who was never crazy about Star Wars before the sequel trilogy, this new trilogy continues to impress me personally. 9/10.

Also the theater experience itself was the best one I've had since seeing Godzilla back in 2014. Everyone was laughing, cheering, gasping, you name it.

Specifically three scenes are slowly becoming my favorites in any movie.

-The scene where Laura Dern's character lightspeeds into the First Order's fleet was jaw-dropping. The theater was amazed- there were gasps, woahs, and every shock reaction you could think of. It looked breathtaking and awesome at the same time, and kudos to Rian Johnson for making the decision to give that scene absolutely no audio at all and just let the moment sink in for a good 15 seconds.

-The entire scene with Yoda because not only was using a puppet amazing but I love the part where he just blows up the old Jedi texts with lightning as if he's going "Oh you think I'm dead and can't use the force **** YOU I AM THE FORCE"

-The scene where the entire First Order fires on Luke, and Luke steps out and just brushes his shoulder. I've never seen a crowd so loud in laughter, cheering, and applause. Damn that scene was awesome.
---
Cool cool.
Project_Unnamed Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10125
#1686 Posted: 00:31:39 16/12/2017
Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi

One of the absolute best movies I've seen ever. For a casual movie guy who has sweet spot for Star Wars, that movie was a tremendous experience. I loved it.
---
I might give you more opinions... for a small fee of course.
theuone Platinum Sparx Gems: 6184
#1687 Posted: 04:10:06 16/12/2017
Quote: pankakesparx456
Star Wars: The Last Jedi- Initially blown away but now that I've had time to actually think about the movie I think it's fantastic. Enjoyed it just as much as The Force Awakens and I'm not sure which one I like better. This one is definitely more original and has a lot better moments than TFA, but TFA was definitely better paced. My only real issue with this one is that the movie can drag a lot, and a couple times TLJ just grinds to a screeching halt. Still though, I had a great time. Mark Hamill kills it as Luke Skywalker, Daisy Ridley is still great, Adam Driver is still great, Carrie Fisher has a fantastic sendoff in this film, all the characters are great and they're continuing to be my favorites in the franchise. Rian Johnson is probably the best director the franchise has had so far, it's no wonder he's getting his own trilogy to work on. Really excited to see where this new trilogy ends, because as someone who was never crazy about Star Wars before the sequel trilogy, this new trilogy continues to impress me personally. 9/10.

Also the theater experience itself was the best one I've had since seeing Godzilla back in 2014. Everyone was laughing, cheering, gasping, you name it.

Specifically three scenes are slowly becoming my favorites in any movie.

-The scene where Laura Dern's character lightspeeds into the First Order's fleet was jaw-dropping. The theater was amazed- there were gasps, woahs, and every shock reaction you could think of. It looked breathtaking and awesome at the same time, and kudos to Rian Johnson for making the decision to give that scene absolutely no audio at all and just let the moment sink in for a good 15 seconds.

-The entire scene with Yoda because not only was using a puppet amazing but I love the part where he just blows up the old Jedi texts with lightning as if he's going "Oh you think I'm dead and can't use the force **** YOU I AM THE FORCE"

-The scene where the entire First Order fires on Luke, and Luke steps out and just brushes his shoulder. I've never seen a crowd so loud in laughter, cheering, and applause. Damn that scene was awesome.

I'm not even a major Star Wars fan and this sounds completely worth watching. (My only experience is in the Clone Wars cartoon and an old ps1 ship-fighting game.)
---
On board Spyro Reignited hype, Choo choo!
Thanks to BlackWing116 for the Chimera drawing
Metaphorical phantom here, Blame everything lol.
Waaksian Emerald Sparx Gems: 4906
#1688 Posted: 04:20:00 16/12/2017
Grease. Not much else to say, it was a fun, light-hearted watch.
#1689 Posted: 15:14:34 17/12/2017
I've technically watched Love, Simon if I've read Simon Vs the Homo-Sapiens Agenda right?
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#1690 Posted: 19:21:53 19/12/2017
Teeth
if you are a male and you like sex don't watch this movie unless you want nightmares
#1691 Posted: 00:00:57 21/12/2017
Cars 3- A lot better than I expected. Better than the first film and miles(no pun intended) better than the second. 7/10.

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets- Bad. Really could've been a cool movie but instead there's a lot of wooden performances and no real story. It's just a bunch of really creative ideas that are just mashed together with no real flow or purpose to them. 4/10.

The Disaster Artist- Phenomenal. One of the best movies of the year, if not the best. This movie does a really good job at making something as ridiculous as The Room seem really heartfelt and inspiring in a bizarre way. James Franco absolutely killed it as Tommy Wiseau and definitely deserves award consideration for this performance. 10/10.
---
Cool cool.
#1692 Posted: 05:13:38 22/12/2017
Justice League. Don't feel strongly about it. It exists.

EDIT:

Star Wars: The Last Jedi. Wish I could say I enjoyed it, but I didn't.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:00:31 27/12/2017 by IsisStormDragon
#1693 Posted: 17:19:54 27/12/2017
Dirty Grandpa
---
#1694 Posted: 17:38:57 28/12/2017
The Last Jedi

It's perfect
Blown away first watching it, blown away rewatching it, I just can't
There was never a moment where I didn't feel engaged in the storyline, parts that made me laugh, parts that made me cry, and parts that covered me in goosebumps from head to toe.

But to get this out of the way, I was right
Luke Skywalker does die
In the most peaceful way ever
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#1695 Posted: 00:34:51 30/12/2017
Toy Story
---
Hail to the King, baby!
#1696 Posted: 16:16:42 31/12/2017
Daddy’s Home - Stupid, but not as unbearably unfunny as I thought it’d be. Hannibal Burress was a pleasant surprise, at the very least. Still kinda annoying and made me cringe multiple times.

6/10

Hateful Eight - It’s a Quentin Tarintino film.

9/10
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:53:29 03/01/2018 by TheToyNerd
#1697 Posted: 01:20:59 16/01/2018
Breakin 2: Electric Boogaloo: The 80’s need to be murdered. Oh my lord was this a ****ty movie! The costume design was just the absolute worst and the sheer amount of dance related padding made me want to shoot myself. That was... that was not good.

1/10
#1698 Posted: 16:06:05 16/01/2018
The original IT, and all IT did was make me laugh.
---
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#1699 Posted: 20:03:29 05/02/2018
Watched Coco, and yeah, I really liked it, I may have a problem or two but everything else is a hit for me, fully recommended.
---
Bruh
#1700 Posted: 01:07:38 06/02/2018
The Cloverfield Paradox- It's alright. Honestly a bit disappointed all things considered.

As a space thriller, it's fine. It's got good performances, fun thrills, nice production design, etc. But as a Cloverfield movie, this movie doesn't really do anything to bridge the gap between the first two films. If anything, it makes the gap a hell of a lot more confusing. We don't know if there's only two dimensions here, if there are multiple ones, or what. Is this second dimension the earth where 2008 Cloverfield takes place? No, because it's already destroyed by war. Is the prime earth where the Cloverfield space station is the 2008 Cloverfield like it's set up to be? Well, it can't, because it's inconsistent with the first film. The final shot at the end of the film with the Cloverfield monster appearing larger than the clouds makes no sense at all. This movie, in trying to tie the first two films together, just makes things a lot more muddled than they needed to be. Literally anything is possible, and that's not really fun at all when trying to connect the films together. And this doesn't even consider things like the severed hand coming back to life. Things just kind of happen with no reason, we're just expected to accept them.

I found out that this movie's script, which was originally called God Particle, wasn't supposed to be related to Cloverfield originally, and that this movie had to be rewritten and reshot to tie it into Cloverfield. And that notion really shows. The Cloverfield Paradox is a perfectly serviceable space thriller, but the actual connections to Cloverfield feel like just as much of an afterthought as the appearance of the monster at the end of the movie.

TL: DR- The movie is meh. It works fine as a thriller but the actual connection to Cloverfield is really disappointing and underutilized in the long run. 5/10.
---
Cool cool.
First | Previous | Page 34 of 44 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 42 43 44

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me