Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 33 of 44 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 42 43 44
Last movie you watched.
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#1601 Posted: 04:55:50 30/04/2017
The Lego Batman Movie.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#1602 Posted: 09:43:43 30/04/2017
The Martian.

Good film.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
AmethystRose Yellow Sparx Gems: 1132
#1603 Posted: 07:30:16 02/05/2017
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2
---
ϟ Break my heart, break me til I fall apart. ϟ
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#1604 Posted: 17:23:14 19/05/2017
Saw a couple movies over the past month:

Gifted- Decent. really good performances and charm to it. 7/10.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2- Awesome. About as great as the first film. 8/10.

Alien: Covenant- Badass. One of the best movies in the franchise. 9/10.
---
Cool cool.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#1605 Posted: 18:13:29 19/05/2017
Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5364
#1606 Posted: 23:47:39 23/05/2017
Just watched Foodfight and it was amazing. It had:

• Spectacular animation
  • Amazing voice acting
  • Relatable characters
  • Charismatic body movements
  • Awesome plot
  • Superb fight scenes
  • Majestic humour

• Overall, a great movie. 10/10
    Now read the first letter of all my bullet points above.
    ---
    Soon.
    Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
    #1607 Posted: 00:54:35 24/05/2017
    Sing. Second time and loved it again.
    ---
    Any last wishes?
    kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
    #1608 Posted: 01:13:20 24/05/2017
    So during my "vacation" I watched a few movies, and I'll give them a basic one over.

Guardians of the galaxy 2 - Holy **** on a **** sandwich, this was awesome. I can see how some people didn't like it as much as the original, but I found it WAY more emotional, and thus I think it's better than the original. Drax is still best guardian.

Home - For a kids movie it was pretty good. My only major flaw is sort of a spoiler, but I don't think anyone REALLY cares about this movie anymore.
    Why did the awesome looking alien guy have to be a robot suit? It takes the whole "don't judge a book by its cover" way too literally. Maybe they were worried it would give kids nightmares if they left him as a scary creature.

Minions - Eeeeeeeeugh. It was bland. Like there were a few decent scenes, none of which involved the minions. If you somehow like the minions, (like my parents) then it's tolerable, otherwise, pass hard.

Hotel transylvania 2 - Yeah, it was pretty good. When it's just being an animated comedy it was great. Unfortunately it has a lot of issues when it's not doing that, and a lot of the plot points just seem to be thrown in because "that's what all movies need" Hell, the "villain" doesn't even appear until the last 20 minutes, which made me think, hey, that would be neat huh? a conflict that doesn't have a clear answer. But no, no, there needs to be a "bad guy" who is obviously wrong and evil and blah blah blah
    Also, why in the name of everlasting torment did they make the baby a vampire? It nullifies the entire point of the damn plot ffs.
    ---
    I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
    TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
    #1609 Posted: 21:53:36 03/06/2017
    THIS IS NOT A DRILL!

WONDER WOMAN IS ACTUALLY AMAZING!!!
    Iblistech Platinum Sparx Gems: 5099
    #1610 Posted: 22:33:47 03/06/2017
    Surf's Up
    ---
    Hail to the King, baby!
    #1611 Posted: 18:15:30 21/06/2017
    Wonder Woman- amazing. Probably my new favorite DC film so far and easily the best film in the DCEU so far. 9/10.

Transformers: The Last Knight- You know, I had my expectations significantly low already for this one, but oh my god it was so much worse than that. This is easily the worst Transformers yet. Not only does it have every problem that has plagued the last Transformers movies, but now there's even more problems like the fact that there's no coherence to the movie at all. The movie just kind of... happens, if I can best describe it. Remember that scene in Revenge of the Fallen where Sam goes completely crazy in the middle of class and starts writing on the chalkboard? That's what this whole movie and story is like. You're just sitting there thinking "what the hell is happening?" Because it's so all over the place. I mean, even the editing it atrocious. For whatever reason, not only does the movie have so many jarring cuts, but the aspect ratio is constantly changing and it's distracting as hell.

This will more than likely top my worst list for the year. I can't imagine seeing any movie worse than this, it makes Revenge of the Fallen look passable by comparison. 1/10.
    ---
    Cool cool.
    #1612 Posted: 18:59:13 21/06/2017
    All Eyez On Me- It was very mediocrely made. Like, it had no style to it, honestly. It was just like a Lifetime movie for most of it, and it got boring pretty quick. Seriously, it was such a poorly edited mess at times. Which is a shame, too. The actors and writing were decent, I just hated how shoddy the filmmaking was
    #1613 Posted: 00:40:11 23/06/2017
    Beauty and The Beast 2017.
    xXBeavcoonXx Gold Sparx Gems: 2628
    #1614 Posted: 00:58:55 23/06/2017
    I watch movies sometimes so if you're looking for some good movies I have suggestions-

Sing Street- OH MY LORD. This is on Netflix and it's my favorite movie ever. It's about a boy that moves to a boarding school because of his poor family and he starts a rock band to escape his life stress and impress a girl. It's a slightly cliché plot but the movie finds a way to make it so much deeper, but what makes this movie is the hidden conflicts. There are so many different conflicts happening that you get pulled into each one simultaneously, and that's what makes it amazing. Oh, and they all have Orish accents. Yeeeeeah.

Watership Down- you can find this movie on youtube for a decent quality. But this movie is something. The voice acting is great, the hand-drawn older animation is gorgeous, and the plot? Freaky as ****. And the animation enhances it so well. It's a film about bunnies that have to move away to a new home after one of them has a post-apocalyptic vision. BUNNIES. This film is freaky in the visuals and fact that it takes a cute and innocent creature and makes this movie. If you want a creepy movie that's not deliberately horror or want to convince a friend to not get a bunny, I suggest it.

Take Me to the River- another Netflix one that I would only watch if you can analyze movies well. It's a movie about a gay teen trying to be accepted by his southern family. The film gives you very little solid plot line and explanation, and that's what makes the film beautiful. It leaves things open for you to observe, interpret, and analyze however you do. It leaves a lot to the personal mind so no 2 people will watch it the same way. I tested up at times. If you're good at analyzing movies DEFINITELY consider this.

Zoombies- one of those movies that are so bad it's a comedy. Basically Jurassic Park but with zombie zoo animals. Where the zombifying disease came from? Good question. The CGI? It looks like they took a $4 animation budget and used it to go get ice cream. It's bad to the point where you should watch it if you wanna have a cheesy laugh. The only redeeming quality is that one of the main actors is pretty good-looking. Yay you Gage.

Sorry for the long post but I had nowhere else to put this smilie
    ---
    now its time to get funky
    Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
    #1615 Posted: 06:42:50 23/06/2017
    Beyond Valkyrie: Dawn of the Fourth Reich. What I would have assumed to be a low budget war movie that vaguely followed the events of Operation: Valkyrie turned out to be a thrilling flick (sometimes) that had a premise so mad you'd believe a tyrant would go through it to create a 4th Reich. It's received poor reviews from critics, but if you want to switch off your brain while playing a game, Beyond Valkyrie is one such film I recommend.
    xXBeavcoonXx Gold Sparx Gems: 2628
    #1616 Posted: 20:13:52 01/07/2017
    I just watched 10 Cloverfield Lane. A very slight spoiler.
    God dammit I wish I knew of Cloverfield before this day. Then I would've known about this movie and what it's about. Because this movie has me on the edge of my seat until the ending which killed it so much imo. Ugh.
    ---
    now its time to get funky
    Underian Emerald Sparx Gems: 3095
    #1617 Posted: 21:00:08 01/07/2017
    scream, better than i thought itd be
    Iblistech Platinum Sparx Gems: 5099
    #1618 Posted: 23:18:57 08/07/2017
    James and the Giant Peach
    ---
    Hail to the King, baby!
    #1619 Posted: 01:10:37 16/07/2017
    Despicable Me 3- decent. I enjoyed it more than Minions but nowhere near as good as 1 or 2. This one has the charm, nice animation, and great humor the first two had, but not much of the heart. This one has a lot of subplots that don't really go anywhere or have any cohesiveness to it so the movie's story is just an unfocused mess as a result. 6/10.

Spider-Man: Homecoming- man, it is so refreshing to see an awesome Spider-Man movie again. Great action, great humor, great characters, The Vulture is one of the MCU's best villains yet, and Tom Holland continues to impress as Spider-Man, easily the best portrayal of the character yet. I'm having a difficult time deciding if this one or Spider-Man 2 is the best Spider-Man movie. 9/10.
    ---
    Cool cool.
    #1620 Posted: 01:17:19 16/07/2017
    Scott Pilgrim VS The World- One of the most visually appealing films I've ever seen. I love everything about the aesthetics and presentation of the film. Writing wasn't half bad either. I was expecting to cringe a bunch at "edgy teen humor" but I got a fair amount of chuckles throughout. Only major complaint is that the romance between Scott and Ramona was... not there at all in the beginning. Maybe it was just me, but it felt rushed. Probably cause they had to cram in all 7 graphic novels into
    one movie, lol.

8/10
    King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
    #1621 Posted: 01:38:44 16/07/2017
    The Lego Batman Movie

I have to say, I was actually disapointed in this. and I don't know why, I mean the animation is phenominal, and the humor is great, but something just doesn't click with me
    ---
    Rise and Shine Ursine
    ClassicSpyroLUV Yellow Sparx Gems: 1193
    #1622 Posted: 04:45:50 16/07/2017
    Justice League: Dark. Someone please tell me why it isn't called Batman: Dark. The other heroes he works with aren't even in the justice league and the actual justice league is only in it for a few minutes at the beginning ans seconds at the end. Not mention tat you only see a small handful of the justice league heroes and most of the few you do see don't do anything. Superman and Wonder Woman start it off with Batman and Green Lantern fights for a few shots at the end. That's it.
    Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
    #1623 Posted: 15:54:17 16/07/2017
    Finally got to the newest Power Rangers. Soundtrack and pacing have some issies, but pleasantly surprised. Not sure about enjoying this movie when I was younger tho, I appreciate character interactions more as an adult.
    ---
    SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
    (What I need is never what I want)
    #1624 Posted: 06:04:45 23/07/2017
    Interstellar.

Second time watching it, and I still really like it.
    #1625 Posted: 11:13:17 23/07/2017
    Kong: Skull Island(Again):Still 10/10
    ---
    Rise and Shine Ursine
    #1626 Posted: 16:58:35 23/07/2017
    doctor strange, gorgeous movie
    Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
    #1627 Posted: 17:22:18 23/07/2017
    The Godfather. Just completed The Godfather II on Xbox 360 and loved it, so I decided to re-watch the first film to celebrate getting the first game (which I highly recommend). I'd hate to see this flick get remade; however drawn out it may seem to modern audiences, no matter how 'talky' it is, it's a very well played out film and making it shorter just to get to the highlights and shoehorn in the phrase "this thing of ours" would be an insult to the entirety of film history. And this is coming from someone who only really wants to see a bloke get shot a bit.
    semp123 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3232
    #1628 Posted: 02:45:36 24/07/2017
    Saw Baby Driver today. The music and its implementation in the action sequences was great (the reason why I was interested to see it in the first place was because of Danger Mouse's work with the soundtrack). That said, there's something about the movie's tone that sort of put me off from it a little. I'm having trouble putting my finger on exactly what it was, but it made it harder for me to get invested in it.
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:45:58 24/07/2017 by semp123
    #1629 Posted: 01:23:14 26/07/2017
    War for the Planet of the Apes- Wow. There are only a few times where I watch a movie and honestly think to myself that I'm watching a movie that's going to be remembered throughout the years as a classic. I've thought that way about all these new Planet of the Apes movies, and War is the best one yet. Honestly perfect. 10/10.
    ---
    Cool cool.
    alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12760
    #1630 Posted: 15:13:44 26/07/2017
    Spider Man Homecoming. I wasn't always much of a fan of super heroes, but I thought this film was pretty good and it makes me want to watch the other films in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
    #1631 Posted: 01:16:51 31/07/2017
    The Emoji Movie- cinematic masterpiece i give it 10 b emojis out of 5
    ---
    Cool cool.
    #1632 Posted: 02:25:56 31/07/2017
    like half of hush??
    Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
    #1633 Posted: 02:26:24 31/07/2017
    Quote: pankakesparx456
    The Emoji Movie- cinematic masterpiece i give it 10 b emojis out of 5

How could you survive such great work.
    ---
    Bruh
    DarkPredator Gold Sparx Gems: 2276
    #1634 Posted: 16:26:13 31/07/2017
    War for the Planet of the Apes
    ---
    "Still as silent as ever, eh?" - Blue, Pokémon Sun and Moon
    icedragon333 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6076
    #1635 Posted: 10:45:55 02/08/2017
    Aliens.
    It was meh.
    ---
    No.
    #1636 Posted: 12:39:34 02/08/2017
    Quote: icedragon333
    Aliens.
    It was meh.

Ok I'm sorry,

I'm just imagining you watching the movie and when that one guy(I believe his name was Hudson) was pulled under the ground by Aliens

And you just go "Meh"
    ---
    Rise and Shine Ursine
    semp123 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3232
    #1637 Posted: 04:53:44 10/08/2017
    Barton Fink. It was really enjoyable, and I should probably watch more of the Coens' films.
    SpyroFlame Green Sparx Gems: 354
    #1638 Posted: 23:08:13 12/08/2017
    Spider-Man Homecoming
    ---
    Broccoli - the way of the future for trees.
    Iceclaw Hunter Gems: 9966
    #1639 Posted: 02:49:38 15/08/2017
    Logan
    ---
    Twinkies and 2hus
    CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
    #1640 Posted: 04:56:37 15/08/2017
    Shaun the Sheep.

It's not groundbreaking but it's a nice little movie.
    Wally-Gang Gold Sparx Gems: 2987
    #1641 Posted: 22:47:19 15/08/2017
    Spider-Man- Homecoming
    ---
    "Come rang or shine"
    Still troubled by him speaking
    #1642 Posted: 01:16:39 27/08/2017
    Netflix's Death Note- Man that was bizarre. I mean, it's not good. It's bad. But I can't even decide how bad it is. It's clear there's some effort put into the film, everyone is really trying their best. But this is exactly what you'd expect: It's Death Note if it was interpreted into a really bad american thriller. All the characters have conflicting motivations and no real depth to them whatsoever. Light is just an angsty teen, and it really seems like he's just winging it throughout the whole movie. L acts really over the top and is in a constant state of desperation throughout the whole movie. It felt weird seeing him on screen because despite being set up as a challenge to Light, he never is in a situation where he feels he has the upper hand. I really hated Mia, she just throws the whole movie off. She acts more like a sociopath than Light. There isn't really any sort of chemistry between her and Light, their whole personality surrounds the Death Note itself and nothing else. There's a lot of inconsistencies, such as how exactly the Death Note is supposed to work and the lore behind it. And then the movie just sort of ends, with no real resolution and you're left wondering what this plot was even trying to accomplish in the first place. The only real positive I can give it is that Willem Dafoe is excellent as Ryuk. But even then, he seems kind of off because his character both encourages and conflicts with Light throughout the whole movie, so you don't even know what his motivations are.

That's probably how I can best describe this movie: It's just... off. It feels watered down with no clue what direction to take. It doesn't know if it wants to be a crime thriller, if it wants to be a game of cat and mouse, if it wants to be like the original source material, if it just wants to be its own thing and take inspiration from it, or even if it wants to be a final destination clone(Yep, you heard me right). It's horribly misdirected, and because of that I can't tell if it's bad enough to skip or so bad it's worth watching.

3/10. As I said, Willem Dafoe as Ryuk is really the only redeeming thing about the film, and the fact that there's at least an effort to make a decent adaptation of the series, even if it is misdirected.
    ---
    Cool cool.
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:32:28 27/08/2017 by pankakesparx456
    #1643 Posted: 13:42:14 29/08/2017
    Death Note (2017) can suck a fat one. That film is written so poorly and made so haphazardly that even someone like me who never even watched the anime realized how stupid it was. Light is a TERRIBLE protagonist in this. He's cowardly, stupid and completely irresponsible with his power. I was never rooting for him ever! The only good thing about the movie was Willem Dafoe as Ryuk. Unfortunately, he's surrounded by so many stupid plot lines and characters that it's hard for me to even enjoy his scenes.

Even the gore was a bit overdone and cheesy. It's like they saw that people really liked Logan, but the only reason they did so was because it was gory. No. You can't just add gore for gore's sake and make me care about your movie. Especially when you blow your load in the first 20 minutes of the movie and rarely ever show it again.

2/10
    #1644 Posted: 13:50:28 29/08/2017
    Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2.-Was a lot better than I remembered. I loved the personality in the film, as well as the two branching stories and eventually joined up to stop the villain, I really like how they changed Drax, he went from the dark and depressing character, to this happy character who was almost always laughing. I personally prefered the music track from the first movie, but this one was very good. I also really liked the story for Rocket, Baby Groot, and Yondu, as it was more funny

Overall, I'd say 8/10
    ---
    Rise and Shine Ursine
    #1645 Posted: 18:00:05 29/08/2017
    The Circle- man, that was boring. I mean, really boring. The story goes nowhere and nothing really happens. There are characters all over the place and none of them get a proper amount of screen time, and everyone acting wise is just rolling with it. 2/10.

Colossal- Great, honestly kind of upset that not many people went to see this movie. It's a great original idea that we haven't seen before, and they pull it off great. Anne Hathaway is great in this movie, as are all the other actors, and the story is excellent. 8/10.

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul- Well that was certainly... Something. I mean, I don't know what else I was expecting. This is a Diary of a Wimpy Kid movie that has none of the charm that the previous films had. The acting is atrociously bad, the characters and situations are too over the top, the slapstick isn't funny and rarely makes sense, just everything about this movie is awful. At least the previous Wimpy Kid movies had some charm to them. They had actors that really did a decent job with their roles, they had just enough humor, and there was at least some good messages throughout it. This feels like a poor man's version of National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. A movie that is about the zany, over the top shenanigans that a family gets into, with none of the heart and soul put into it and is even more reliant on ridiculous slapstick than the previous films. 1/10.
    ---
    Cool cool.
    #1646 Posted: 08:36:50 04/09/2017
    ^I really would like to give Colossal a watch eventually...

-

Wonder Woman. I had such a good time watching this movie it was everything kid me wanted.

-

I've been thinking of rewatching the cinematic masterpiece Super Mario Bros. for some reason. It's been a few years since I've watched it, and since I've been really interested in the history of video games and adaptations (especially Nintendo's own), I ended up reading about this movie's history and got the desire.

S-Should I? Last time I watched it I felt my soul leave my body.
    kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
    #1647 Posted: 12:28:47 04/09/2017
    The mario movie is literally the reason I'm always angry all the time. I watched it once a long time ago and I'm still completely enraged over it.
    ---
    I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
    Mary I Green Sparx Gems: 462
    #1648 Posted: 08:06:37 06/09/2017
    Doubt.
    ---
    Truth is the daughter of time.
    First | Previous | Page 33 of 44 | Next | Last
    1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 42 43 44

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me