darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > Upgrade Path Recommendations! NEW OP!!!!!!
First | Previous | Page 6 of 34 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 32 33 34
Upgrade Path Recommendations! NEW OP!!!!!! [STICKY]
Thumpterra12 Ripto Gems: 120
#251 Posted: 12:07:38 04/11/2012
yeah. the main reason i picked that path was because of the leaves on his back.
(joking)
Esunmar Green Sparx Gems: 452
#252 Posted: 00:33:18 05/11/2012
Just a neat thing about it.

The laser charge is kinda difficult to use and it has a certain range. I don't use it much. It's usually just on accident that I hold the B button when I mean to spam the laser.

The damaging multiple enemies is neat.

And I don't really notice the exploding pot plants. The enemies are usually dead before they can be used.
---
Life has given me a voracious hunger and all you give me is candy.
So I'm leaving with my legs and my youth even if jealousy kills you.
#253 Posted: 12:33:47 05/11/2012
yeah. the plants are kind of dumb. they should do 80 dmg instead of 40. lame upgade
joerox123 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1992
#254 Posted: 05:55:35 06/11/2012 | Topic Creator
So, can L-Ignitor/Slambam switch paths?
---
the road is long, we carry on
try to have fun in the meantime☠
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#255 Posted: 06:15:51 06/11/2012
I want to go through everything I've done so far, as I haven't on this thread yet. I didn't include anything I haven't tested both paths on.
For now, I will just cover Magic, but I will put in more thoughts later.

Spyro: Both paths are about the same. However, I think that the Stun the Charge deals on Blitz Spyro has been glitched, or nerfed at least, yet that was the prime reason to pick it. I would say go with Sheep Burner as the Charge just isn't that useful as its own attack, more like a dash even in Blitz, and Blitz suffers a bit from the Soul Gem. Neither are spectacular, in the end.
Double Trouble: I rarely play Double Trouble. However, it's safe to conclude that Channeler is more downright powerful while Conjuror is more strategic. Either way, Conjuror never matches or outdoes the pure strength of Chaneller, so you get to pick between a ludicrously effective and cheap character or a fairly effective character that needs more setup. Go with whatever seems more enjoyable to you.
Wrecking Ball: No contest, the better choice is Ultimate Spinner. The tongue is a fiddly and weak long range attack, it's not worth investing in it. Ultimate Spinner truly does become an Ultimate Spinner- he has a playstyle that can be extremely effective and is very fun.
Voodood: My PERSONAL preference is Elementalist, but I cannot stress personal enough. No matter which path you pick, you need to invest effort and strategy into using Voodood in Battle. Marauder simply has a smaller margin of error on this. So you can basically pick between a very field-oriented meleeist, or a powerful, but slippery one.
Kiroq Gold Sparx Gems: 2328
#256 Posted: 09:22:13 06/11/2012
Quote: joerox123
So, can L-Ignitor/Slambam switch paths?

I have both and yes they can
---
smilie Fools! I've had it up to here with your incompetence! Actually no, even higher..up to HERE!
Sparx dragonfly Blue Sparx Gems: 543
#257 Posted: 15:55:52 06/11/2012
Fast review of Magic element:

Spyro: You can't go down the wrong path, however, Sheep Burner Spyro will increase de damage of the Wow Pow, Fire Slam! and also the damage of Dragon's Fire
Wrecking Ball: Go down the Ultimate Spinner path, altough the other is more fun, but it don't increase Wow Pow damage
Double Trouble: You can't go down the wrong path, you'll get more damage and speed from the Magic Bombs, also Eldedritch Beam will have longer range and do more damage, and improved effect and more damage for the Wow Pow, Triple Trouble! but down the other path you'll get improved Explosive Doubles and that do more damage, and they form automatically defeating enemies
noco99 Blue Sparx Gems: 787
#258 Posted: 18:48:12 06/11/2012
What path for Crusher? My friend has him on the boulders, but I have the hammer, which one is better? And if you would, a pros and cons would be great.
---
How is Fun Size candy more fun than regular candy if it's less candy?
Write in my Gb or Pm me if you like Minecraft!
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#259 Posted: 18:56:11 06/11/2012
Boulder path pros and cons:

Pro: Far greater control over rock slides, and something useful to do with the attack (45-damage explosions)
Pro: +Armor upgrade, and as you've noticed, shield blocks "proc" a lot more in Giants.
Pro: A less risky style of offense that doesn't require direct exposure to danger as often.

Con: You will still be using your non-upgraded hammer close to as much as the hammer path.
Con: Rock sliding has a steep learning curve, and may even seem bad until you get the hang of it.

Hammer path pros:

Pro: One of the best Combo A attacks in the game, especially if you hold down the attack button on the final hammer strike.
Pro: The HP necessary to melee up close against even highly damaging opponents.

Con: The final hammer upgrade doesn't do much more damage than the previous one, making boulder crusher almost as effective up close.
Con: Without the explosions and extra control, your boulder form is useless unless your main goal was to be a sitting duck.
sonsilv2 Blue Sparx Gems: 835
#260 Posted: 20:18:44 06/11/2012
we can change the upgrade path so meh!
Geekycat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1184
#261 Posted: 20:31:10 06/11/2012
^Where have you been the past forever?
---
If you can't think of something clever to say, ask someone like me.
#262 Posted: 23:00:00 06/11/2012
Quote: sonsilv2
we can change the upgrade path so meh!

Not on Giants, Light Cores, or new Skylanders.
swarm form Blue Sparx Gems: 528
#263 Posted: 23:30:32 06/11/2012
What is the best path for Pop fiz, Jet vac, Flashwing, Sprocket, Fright rider, Chill, Tree rex, Bouncer, Crusher, and Hot head?
---
A buzz worthy victory
Adventurer112 Green Sparx Gems: 142
#264 Posted: 23:52:52 06/11/2012
When a S2 Skylander switches paths, are the upgrades that they've already received deleted? Or, if I were to switch for a bit and then switch back, will the upgrades still be bought? I'm curious as to whether I should switch paths after having fully tried it out, or if it would just be a waste of coins.
---
Fairies DO exist!
Eyebrawl4616 Green Sparx Gems: 163
#265 Posted: 00:19:16 07/11/2012
smilie I went with Mad Scientist. I never really used Beast Form, but it was a lot of fun to summon a bunch of minions, throw a bunch of acid puddles, then light 'em up. Fun smilie
---
Missining: smilie smilie smilie smilie
Slivers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1387
#266 Posted: 00:53:49 07/11/2012
Quote: Adventurer112
When a S2 Skylander switches paths, are the upgrades that they've already received deleted? Or, if I were to switch for a bit and then switch back, will the upgrades still be bought? I'm curious as to whether I should switch paths after having fully tried it out, or if it would just be a waste of coins.

You will need to purchase both paths skills separately, but, once they are purchased, you do not need to re-purchases when switching; allowing you to switch at will with Persephone w/o additional coin.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:54:43 07/11/2012 by Slivers
#267 Posted: 01:29:21 07/11/2012 | Topic Creator
What path for Airgle (I call it what I want!)? I am stuck between the two!
---
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#268 Posted: 02:08:08 07/11/2012
I would say Bird Blaster, but I don't know what the other one is like.
Aqua Green Sparx Gems: 439
#269 Posted: 06:14:21 07/11/2012
Quote: swarm form
What is the best path for Pop fiz, Jet vac, Flashwing, Sprocket, Fright rider, Chill, Tree rex, Bouncer, Crusher, and Hot head?

Here's what I said earlier about Flashwing:

Quote: Aqua
Alright, spare Flashwing's soul gem I have her entirely upgraded.

I wish I could get a video, but alas I have no capture card. Maybe I'll end up ordering one. Anyway, I took her down the Spin path, since I saw many others took her down the Shard and I wanted to see the difference. I think whichever path you choose, you'll find that Flashwing is an OP beast (at least in story mode, I don't really do PvP***,) and here is why:

Although there is a slight pause between spins, that combined with the surrounding shard attack pretty much makes her untouchable. The pause is hardly noticeable, anyway. Flashwing rarely takes damage while spinning since she has an upgrade that deflects enemy fire back at them (there are a few exceptions, such as the flamethrower minions) and the laser then makes up for the long range. Hitting them up close, she does about 13-14 damage at a time, and hits the same enemies multiple times, usually racking up a 40+ damage count on multiple enemies around her. Combined with lasers hitting the enemies farther away, she's pretty OP and rocks (excuse the Earth element pun) in the arena.

My only complaint is that if you are too slow or have a lapse in renewing her spin or hitting the surrounding shard attack, her HP is low enough that any damage is pretty... eghn. However, this rarely happens. The spin path is also speedy-- something a lot of Earth elements aren't (spare maybe Bash down the Pulver Dragon path.)

All in all, I like the Spin path a lot, and I feel it's just as OP and broken as the Shard path based on descriptions, and that you can't really go wrong in choosing a path for Flashwing. (Kind of like S1 Bash or S1 Cynder.)

***This is not to say the spin path is bad in PvP, I just haven't tested it out.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:15:03 07/11/2012 by Aqua
#270 Posted: 07:24:04 07/11/2012
Quote: joerox123
What path for Airgle (I call it what I want!)? I am stuck between the two!

Bird Blaster- no contest.
Quote: Nibelilt
I just tried Vac-Packeteer on Jet-Vac.
It's pretty disappointing. The Corkscrew does a measly 30 damage if you get it to hit, and the jetpack's durability is still waaaaay too low to warrant picking this path. Infinite flight time would have fixed it a lot more, but as it is, the only worthwhile thing about this path is The Mulcher which brings the vacuum power up to 36 a hit, but on its own the vacuum is too risky an attack to use seriously anyway. A poor choice for Story and probably not a very good one for Battle either. Bird Blaster is probably much, much better.

Jet-Vac Bird Blaster:
Bird Blaster is EASILY the superior choice for Jet-Vac. Remember how the main problem with Vac-Packeteer is that he can only use The Mulcher well?
Well, not only does Bird Blaster do long-range better, but he actually outclasses Vac-Packeteer at the job of using the vacuum: you get an enemy within the max-damage range of the vacuum once and you charge up a shot that does a huge SIXTY damage, which makes Vac-Packeteer's intended expertise using it look pathetic, and only gets better with the Soul Gem Armor upgrade.
Enemy is trying to run away or hit from afar? Not a problem, Bird Blaster can cover that because his standard attack, unlike Vac-Packeteer, can actually deal good damage if used repeatedly(15 a hit and it can hit quite often).
As for Flight... Honestly, this path just proves how menial the boost on that was on the other path because you can pretty much instantly recharge it by sucking in air with the vacuum. (And the duration is still fine anyway, just use it as an emergency escape move- not to mention you can do so, plus then land and vacuum in the enemy to recover it, and charge that super shot at the same time... Two birds with one stone eheheheh...)
Don't even consider Vac-Packeteer... Bird Blaster does everything better and is more fun anyway.
WUMBOSIMPSON Yellow Sparx Gems: 1424
#271 Posted: 09:45:03 07/11/2012
smilie I picked Packeteer.
---
cry baby, I am
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:46:15 07/11/2012 by WUMBOSIMPSON
#272 Posted: 10:44:26 07/11/2012
Lemme just copy my opinion on Sprocket's gameplay from what I posted on Bean Sprout's Guestbook.
Quote:
Ohmygod I've just been playing Sprocket all day. New favorite for sure, even better than Chill IMO. GETHERASSOONASYOUCANSERIOUSLYANDFORONCETHISISNTJUSTMYFANBRATISMTALKING. I went down Operator but I will go down Gearhead when I get my other to open. Her melee attacks and combos are adequately fun and powerful, while her Bouncing Betty mines give her a good backup move with them, Landmine Golf just gives her an easier long range option, the Turret is still useful down Operator as long as you can set it up because it just gives her a great DPS behind her other attacks. But her power is toned just right, so she's ridiculously fun to use, and she has a MASSIVE choice of viable attack options.

I already got her to Silver Rank and maxed her stats out with the Heroics I have. She is just an utter joy to play with. Though, I think you will all think that I am saying that because I like her in general so much, but I implore you to at least give her a try.
And I also just want to point out she says "Steel with this!" sometimes when you set up an Auto Turret. smilie

And to clarify how all her combos have some sort of use.
A, A, Hold A is an extremely focused, but powerful attack. You slam down Sprocket's wrench an extra time for huge damage- 48 without Monkey Wrench, 81 with Monkey Wrench.
A, A, Hold B: Power Surge is a useful alternative to A, A, Hold A. It's basically a less strict alternative with a greater AoE. It only does about half the damage- 41 with Monkey Wrench- but it's more forgiving to use.
A, A, Hold Z: Mines 'O' Plenty speaks for itself. Good for a final hit of AoE in story, and it might be helpful to hit opponents that run away in Battle combined with Landmine Golf(though it doesn't have much other use, I imagine). The Bouncing Betty Mines from this combo behave exactly the same as the regular ones, the only difference is that you throw out five around you rather than three in front of you.

P.S. Gigantic Death Tank (I still don't think that has an official name other than just Tank!) is still good, I just didn't really note it because, while it gives her a great ranged move, it's more of a tricky one to pull off than Landmine Golf- you'll probably only ever use it if you happen to have a turret lying around and you really need to hit a faraway enemy harder, only because the Auto Turrets do need quite a bit of time to set up over the very quick former choice. But like I said, it's still pretty useful because it can deal a lot more damage than just using Landmine Golf and it has a pretty satisfying duration(you can also get out of it when you need to).

I could just go on about how good, amazing, epic, blahblahblah Sprocket is for days. However, that would be depriving you of time that could be used playing with her.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 11:10:36 07/11/2012 by Nibelilt
#273 Posted: 14:39:41 07/11/2012
Is sprocket really THAT good?
#274 Posted: 14:45:05 07/11/2012
Maybe I'm biased to her somewhat, but seriously, I can see anyone enjoying just playing Sprocket(unless her looks REALLY bother you, in which case... smilie screw trying to fight you!).
She has a ton of options in using her moves differently, all of them are extremely fun from the go, and she has a very unique playstyle. To be honest if more people decide to just collect every figure- I wouldn't be surprised if Sprocket started becoming more popular and the haters started liking her. She is really that good.
And if you see her and can afford her and whatever else you want right there and then and you don't buy her shame on you cause you're missing out on a wonderful, wonderful little Goldling to add to your army. smilie
Nah, I'm just joking, I know different people have different tastes... But seriously... Cannot recommend her enough. If you are a skeptic, please, give her a chance because everything about her is just so enjoyable. And I do think as more people get her she will get more loved.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:53:15 07/11/2012 by Nibelilt
#275 Posted: 15:18:22 07/11/2012
Sprocket is about as strong as Zook. They're really the same type of character. I haven't done a whole ton of testing, but I expect the mine/melee path has A-tier potential.
Bean Sprout Blue Sparx Gems: 893
#276 Posted: 15:21:03 07/11/2012
If she is like Zook, I would probably love her. My current favorite Skylanders are DS, Zook, and Fright Rider.
---
"No, John. It is pretty weird that ghosts have to pee."
#277 Posted: 15:23:04 07/11/2012
I never thought about it, but I suppose to an extent the mines are like Zook's cacti. I haven't tried her yet in PVP, but in story mode, she is just the most fun I have had in such a long time. I just love setting up the Turrets to help chipping away at foes' HP then running around placing mines to trap them into the melee attacks.
Parabuds Green Sparx Gems: 106
#278 Posted: 15:56:14 07/11/2012
Recommendations for Fright Rider?
---
If your not living on the edge, your taking up too much space!
#279 Posted: 18:07:25 07/11/2012
She's pretty nice in PVP from what I've seen so far. Mines (whether thrown or from Combo C) form a solid blockade, and fortunately you have the double-turret upgrade before you have to choose a path, so those set up effective perimeter defense. She's hard to approach, and since you get the wrench on this path too, she defends herself better than Zook can if anything does get too close.
Bean Sprout Blue Sparx Gems: 893
#280 Posted: 18:11:26 07/11/2012
Yeah. It looks like Sprocket is more close ranged than Zook, while Zook handles far ranges better than Sprocket.
---
"No, John. It is pretty weird that ghosts have to pee."
#281 Posted: 18:18:57 07/11/2012
^ This exactly. It all amounts to them being equally good in my book, just with a little extra help where the other one is weaker.
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#282 Posted: 20:22:33 07/11/2012
Well I just tried S2 smilie down the Undead Defender path with his wow pow and he is amazingly powerful.If you have I definitely recommend this path.I think that is a nuff said.
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
#283 Posted: 21:28:33 08/11/2012
I just got Sprocket! She's really good down the Operator (that's the wrench, right?) path and it's awesome.
---
Isbiten Green Sparx Gems: 175
#284 Posted: 00:50:56 09/11/2012
About these paths, 2 questions.
1. If you have series 1, do they still get one of the paths?
2. I think I read it here already, but wanna know for sure, can you with Series 2 switch between them (it will just take a lot of playing to max out both?)?
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#285 Posted: 00:58:46 09/11/2012
^
1. You choose just like New and Giant characters.
2. S2 can switch between by talking to Persephone, you can have all upgrades bought, but only one path active at a time.
Adventurer112 Green Sparx Gems: 142
#286 Posted: 02:58:23 09/11/2012
When will Hot Head and Flashwing be added to the upgrade section on the walkthrough in this site? If I'm not mistaken, they're already out... And is Lightcore Jet-Vac out yet? I've decided I might as well get a second Air Skylander, and he does look to be some fun...
---
Fairies DO exist!
Kiroq Gold Sparx Gems: 2328
#287 Posted: 03:02:56 09/11/2012
They aren't out in the U.K. Or Australia and I think but could be wrong that dark52(the person who runs this site) is from one of those.
---
smilie Fools! I've had it up to here with your incompetence! Actually no, even higher..up to HERE!
Hazard335 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1435
#288 Posted: 10:07:57 09/11/2012
so i hear that Ice Lancer Chill makes A tier, but how good is Frozen Fury? anyone that tried that path have any pros and cons?
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5694
#289 Posted: 13:49:57 09/11/2012
Reminds me of Zook...
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
#290 Posted: 15:38:01 09/11/2012
Jet-Vac:
Packeteer:

I'll recommend this if you like to suck and fly a lot. Like some people say, the Tank reserves don't let you remain in flight much longer and the tanks don't recharge much faster, but they'll help you a bit in hard battles recharging a little more faster than before (if you're in an sprecific point without moving the tanks would'nt run out of power), and if they run out of power just recharge faster sucking air with the Suction Gun.

The Mulcher:

DAMAGE: 18 (27 or 36 critical!)
RANGE: Medium-Large
SPEED: Medium

Flying Corkscrew:

DAMAGE: 30 (45 critical!)
RANGE: Medium-Large
SPEED: Medium-Fast
#291 Posted: 15:39:12 09/11/2012
^ Didn't you post that a couple of pages ago?
#292 Posted: 17:44:52 09/11/2012
^ Yeah but I deleted it for do now the Air review element, I want to go element by element, sorry... smilie
LegoLander Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#293 Posted: 20:01:28 09/11/2012
Quote: Aquatic Llama
Fright Riders Sir Lancelot path looks pretty powerful. Would that be the best one for PVP?

Yes.
He's more like Voodood with a proper dash move.
Down Sir Lance A Lot the standard melee does 42 damage.

It does 29 on that path for me.
---
The person who finally changed his Christmas avatar. Give me a cookie.
#294 Posted: 00:05:10 10/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Sprocket is okay, but her HORRIBLE HP makes her one easy kill. I have her fully upgraded on Operator, and the Mine Combo is by far my favorite combo ever. Sprocket is just meh...... to me and not really worth buying, as she is a humongous pain to level up really early on, as she is super weak.

*inb4Nibelilt*

EDIT: I KNEW it seemed wrong! Sorry Nibe!
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:52:34 10/11/2012 by joerox123
#295 Posted: 00:41:28 10/11/2012
^ 1. You spelt my name wrong
2. I was here half a page ago
Soopa Koopa Green Sparx Gems: 111
#296 Posted: 00:42:32 10/11/2012
Sprocket has me conflicted.

I find the Mine path really boring but it is undoubtedly good. I find the concept behind the Tank path really intriguing but it is far too slow to be worth it. Really wish she would have gotten a big tank speed upgrade.

Quote: Parabuds
Recommendations for Fright Rider?

Joust Jockey. Easily. The jousting move does great damage and good lord that speed. The two attacks you get with the path also deal great damage with Etombment Strike doing just amazing amounts of damage when it hits.

The extra combos in Sir Lance A Lot simply aren't needed and the Flock of Fury is more useful in a PvE scenario where the speed from Joust Jockey is just invaluable.
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#297 Posted: 00:45:59 10/11/2012
Hey anyone who has seen the upgrade paths for Ninjini Eye brawl Thumpback and Hot dog.

Which do you predict will be the better paths for them? Mine are:

Thumpback: Anchors a yay
Ninjini: Ancient djin magic
Eye brawl: Eye brawler
Hot dog: Burning bowow
#298 Posted: 02:22:21 10/11/2012
^Yeah, I don't know why people are saying it does 42, I've done the path, and it does 29. Is the Joust Jockey any better? EDIT: Fail. I tried to post this but I forgot to refresh. Anyways, Lancealot does 29.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:27:31 10/11/2012 by noco99
Soopa Koopa Green Sparx Gems: 111
#299 Posted: 02:27:46 10/11/2012
The confusion might be that Joust Jockey does 42 when Jousting which I can confirm to be the truth.
First | Previous | Page 6 of 34 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 32 33 34

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me