darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > Upgrade Path Recommendations! NEW OP!!!!!!
First | Previous | Page 5 of 34 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 32 33 34
Upgrade Path Recommendations! NEW OP!!!!!! [STICKY]
Takadox360 Gold Sparx Gems: 2852
#201 Posted: 18:41:47 31/10/2012
^Wow Bash's WOW-POW sound awesome,I'm sooooooo getting him.Thanks
---
i am trash
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#202 Posted: 19:00:22 31/10/2012
Bash's is epic. It turns what was once a single-attack character into a combo machine. For this reason, I think it should be clear why I would recommend Granite Dragon for Giants.
#203 Posted: 19:02:54 31/10/2012
Yeah,deffentely going down Granite-Dragon.
---
i am trash
terrafan Blue Sparx Gems: 699
#204 Posted: 00:04:31 01/11/2012
I saw a s2 bash, but I didn't buy it...
[User Posted Image]
---
Awaiting: Disney Infinity, Batman Arkham Origins, Pokemon Y
Hazard335 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1435
#205 Posted: 13:14:54 01/11/2012
hey Tash, since you been playing Crusher for your giant of choice, any path suggestions yet?
#206 Posted: 13:24:11 01/11/2012
I use the boulder path, and I wold also tentatively recommend that. It's not really a matter of there being one good build and one bad one with Crusher, though. Both paths really do have their advantages. He's kind of like how Bash and Flameslinger were in the first game, in that regard.
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#207 Posted: 13:40:00 01/11/2012
Fright Rider
Sir Lance A Lot
Sir Lance A Lot is a very interesting path, to say the least. Fright Rider's Melee attack has very subpar range and middling damage, capping out at 29 damage a hit, which is not a huge improvement from the former 22. Where Sir Lance A Lot really shines is in its combo chain attacks.

The first upgrade for this path is a very powerful one. You get a 116-damage, far-range super slam. Incredibly powerful, and also somewhat easy to aim, as the strip of energy that comes off it also hits for taking down your opponent. The length of this attack is roughly that of Ignitor's Mega Slam, perhaps even farther. The path is worth considering for this combo alone which really, really helps to hit a ton of high-HP stuff in a crowded situation, or just get a last hit into a bulky foe(in other words, this seems as if it would be a useful move in Battle Mode). Also, checking Joust Jockey the damage on the B-Z combo there is within only 14 points higher.
The other combo that comes with buying that first upgrade is a downright sexy Skull Slam. This is a truly badbutt-looking move that is very fun to chain off. Press A, A, and you can hold down Z to delay this move, which does an awesome 75 damage. Combined with the damage of regular, standard A attacks, even without buying the Melee damage increase Sir Lance A Lot gives you you are easily looking at over a 100 damage chain from this incredibly convenient stunt.

The second upgrade gives you what I find one of Fright's trademarks which we aptly named Ostrich Deathheads on darkSpyro. Hold down the A button- charge up and release, and you unleash a flock of Fright's heads in front of you. With a damage boost from the final upgrade in Sir Lance A Lot, each head does 25 damage, and the move has a massive area of effect, making it a worthy attack to use if your opponent needs to be kept away and you can't run, considering they will usually take at least two of the heads' pecks in.

The final upgrade in Sir Lance A Lot simply boosts the power of the Melee, A Combo and Hold A. Nothing spectacular here. Not massive boosts or anything. Considering the playstyle of Fright and Rider, however, the extra power is welcome.

Fright Rider's use is simple to understand, but complex to utilize. You will largely want to use combos around tougher battlers, but since he has such odd HP and Armor, you can't jump right in to mash A and the respective combo keys. Also, in the end Deathheads are more AoE than anything harmful.
Burrow Bomber is a savior in this set when you use it right, so remember it's there- it's Fright Rider's only possible chance of defense, and you'll need to use it to hide from hits in order to deal your own. The Jousting Charge simply isn't that fast for a dash here so it's not advised that you use it to ram into enemies and deal final hits, and only use it over simple walking or to quickly get to another location. Never go through a bunch of enemies with it.

He's not as downright fast and dangerous as Joust Jockey. In fact, due to his somewhat low damage numbers on the standard moves you're likely to use, and his larger amounts of hurt relying on pulling off a lot of combos, Sir Lance A Lot is actually a bit slow. However, in return, you get one of the most unique meleeists to date, one who needs to utilize all his attacks and strike everything at the right moment to take out waves of enemies. Sir Lance A Lot is a good heap of fun, even though he does have a few redundant and slightly disappointing aspects to his moveset.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 13:44:29 01/11/2012 by Nibelilt
#208 Posted: 13:46:30 01/11/2012
Quote: Tashiji
I use the boulder path, and I wold also tentatively recommend that. It's not really a matter of there being one good build and one bad one with Crusher, though. Both paths really do have their advantages. He's kind of like how Bash and Flameslinger were in the first game, in that regard.

thanks Tash im off to pick Rubble Master then. already picked Operator and Mad Scientist based on your recommendations.
please post when you have any more for the new landers !
Sparx dragonfly Blue Sparx Gems: 543
#209 Posted: 15:06:27 01/11/2012
Pop Fizz:
Best of the Beast! or Mad Scientist:

Best of the Beast!

Best of the Beast! it's a really good choice if you use a lot the Beast form. Well, this path, first, lets you being a lot more time in Beast form, and with 3 brand new attacks, that'll help you a lot:

Yellow potion active: Fire burp
DAMAGE: 32 (48 critical!)
RANGE: Short
SPEED: Medium

Purple concoction active: Dash
DAMAGE: 39 (58 critical!)
RANGE: Medium-Large
SPEED: Medium

Green potion active: Repeatdly hitting
DAMAGE: 18 (27 critical!)
RANGE: Short
SPEED: Very Fast

STRATEGY:

Before transforming into a Berserker, leave the purple bottle minions that will help you a lot defeating a Final Boss, and then switch to the green potion and drink it to transform and... damage, Beast, damage!

Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist it's a good choice too if you use the potions a lot, and one upgrade of it'll increase the damage of Shake It!. Well, increased damage, improved effects, mixing potions for brand new effects... and throwing 3 potions at once! This path have All in! smilie

Master Chemist:
Yellow potion:
DAMAGE: 10 or 22 (26 critical!)
RANGE: Medium
SPEED: Fast

Purple concoction:
DAMAGE: 14 (21 critical!)

Green potion:
DAMAGE : 14 (21, 22 or 26 critical!)

Mixologist
:
Mix the yellow or green potion with the purple concoction they'll obtain an poisonous attack. If you shoot a yellow one to a poisonous puddle, it'll burst into a flare!

STRATEGY:

Like the strategy in the Beast of the Beast! path, shoot 3 purple minions at once with All in! so that they'll help you in battle, and then switch to the green potion and do continuous damage
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 11:13:46 02/11/2012 by Sparx dragonfly
#210 Posted: 15:55:47 01/11/2012
Flashwing is born for the crystal path. I know the spin path is tempting, and on paper, the crystal upgrades don't seem to add too much damage. In truth, crystals refracting from walls are just insane damage over time, and when you see tens of them bouncing around the room on this path, you'll know why. Not only that, the fact that crystals stuck in walls actually heal Flashwing when near makes her one of the few characters who can regain health without food or an elemental strength. It's a build that sounds like it might be on the weak side just from reading move descriptions, but it actually turns out to be extremely effective, especially compared to the alternative.
dwattzdrummer Gold Sparx Gems: 2413
#211 Posted: 17:07:08 01/11/2012
I did videos on ALL OF THESE PATHS so far. Enjoy!

youtube: wdrumz

Chill - Ice Lancer hands down!

Hot Head - The Burninator!

Swarm - Barberous!

Tree Rex - Treefolk Dash! (don't care about gun)

Bouncer - I-Beam Supreme! (Havent tried rockets)

Shroomboom - Barrier Boost!

Jet-Vac - Bird Blaster!

Fright Rider - Sir Lance A Lot!

Pop Fizz - Mad Scientist!

Crusher - Rock Grinder!
---
wdrumz YouTube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/wdrumz
noco99 Blue Sparx Gems: 787
#212 Posted: 19:56:13 01/11/2012
What does Ignitor's Wow Pow do?
---
How is Fun Size candy more fun than regular candy if it's less candy?
Write in my Gb or Pm me if you like Minecraft!
swarm form Blue Sparx Gems: 528
#213 Posted: 23:09:06 01/11/2012
Could you redo Crusher, Bouncer, Pop fizz, and Tree rex? Ignitors wow pow is blue flame after he runs over the ground with soulf of the flame.
---
A buzz worthy victory
milton310 Blue Sparx Gems: 958
#214 Posted: 23:36:46 01/11/2012
Crusher, take his Hammah Path
---
"One choice can lead to a change to the metagame"
Member of the Smogon OU/Ban Committee
Head of Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Tiering List
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#215 Posted: 23:41:36 01/11/2012
His melee attacks do 50 damage, and combos do over 100!
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Aqua Green Sparx Gems: 439
#216 Posted: 04:22:47 02/11/2012
Quote: Tashiji
Flashwing is born for the crystal path. I know the spin path is tempting, and on paper, the crystal upgrades don't seem to add too much damage. In truth, crystals refracting from walls are just insane damage over time, and when you see tens of them bouncing around the room on this path, you'll know why. Not only that, the fact that crystals stuck in walls actually heal Flashwing when near makes her one of the few characters who can regain health without food or an elemental strength. It's a build that sounds like it might be on the weak side just from reading move descriptions, but it actually turns out to be extremely effective, especially compared to the alternative.

Just to see the alternative to this and to test which is better, I've gone down the spin path. Only when she's done spinning can she be hurt, and with the ability to reflect enemy fire + extra armor it could be just as broken, so we'll see.
#217 Posted: 15:02:03 02/11/2012
I just tried out Clockwork Dragon Drobot because it's the one path from the original cast I never played through.
It's much more fun than Master Blaster as the Bladegears become a compliment to the lasers as opposed to being completely outshone by them.
Not recommending the path, Master Blaster is definetly more powerful, just chucking it out there for all the Drobot play skeptics: play through it because it makes for a truly fun projectile Skylander- I hated playing as him until I used it.
It's far more enjoyable because you don't simply hold down on Z and A, you need to use the Bladegears, Hover and Eye Lasers with each other for the huge numbers which makes it a ton more fun overall.
This is how Drobot should be played and now he's a favorite to me.
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#218 Posted: 16:43:28 02/11/2012
I thought new/remodeled Skylanders could switch between paths...
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
#219 Posted: 17:05:40 02/11/2012
Remodeled, yes. New, no. They still make you reset and relevel any character new to the franchise. I suppose they always intended it as an incentive for re-buying old characters, but it still feels like a money grab when you know how easy it would have been to allow it for all.
#220 Posted: 17:44:42 02/11/2012
Can someone give me a good reason to choose a path for smilie? I have him on the Hammer, and I want to know if it's the right choice.
---
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7014
#221 Posted: 21:17:07 02/11/2012
I cannot decide which path to go for Fright rider both of them look AWESOME.
BigGuy0810 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1633
#222 Posted: 21:18:55 02/11/2012
Choose the path with the combos, they are really cool and strong. All the bird heads coming out of the ground are also really good.
Thumpterra12 Ripto Gems: 120
#223 Posted: 21:54:47 02/11/2012
for me, dash paths are mostly worthless, because i am a projectile kind of guy, but i went with shadowdancer and super spinner because i hate a projectile path with no damage upgrades. it just seems pointless.

EDIT: i think tree rex is more fun to play with on lumbering laser than tree charger, but thats my opinion
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:57:56 02/11/2012 by Thumpterra12
milton310 Blue Sparx Gems: 958
#224 Posted: 01:43:10 03/11/2012
What is better, I-Beam Supreme or Rocket Path?
---
"One choice can lead to a change to the metagame"
Member of the Smogon OU/Ban Committee
Head of Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Tiering List
#225 Posted: 08:19:21 03/11/2012
Alright, spare Flashwing's soul gem I have her entirely upgraded.

I wish I could get a video, but alas I have no capture card. Maybe I'll end up ordering one. Anyway, I took her down the Spin path, since I saw many others took her down the Shard and I wanted to see the difference. I think whichever path you choose, you'll find that Flashwing is an OP beast (at least in story mode, I don't really do PvP,) and here is why:

Although there is a slight pause between spins, that combined with the surrounding shard attack pretty much makes her untouchable. The pause is hardly noticeable, anyway. Flashwing rarely takes damage while spinning since she has an upgrade that deflects enemy fire back at them (there are a few exceptions, such as the flamethrower minions) and the laser then makes up for the long range. Hitting them up close, she does about 13-14 damage at a time, and hits the same enemies multiple times, usually racking up a 40+ damage count on multiple enemies around her. Combined with lasers hitting the enemies farther away, she's pretty OP and rocks (excuse the Earth element pun) in the arena.

My only complaint is that if you are too slow or have a lapse in renewing her spin or hitting the surrounding shard attack, her HP is low enough that any damage is pretty... eghn. However, this rarely happens. The spin path is also speedy-- something a lot of Earth elements aren't (spare maybe Bash down the Pulver Dragon path.)

All in all, I like the Spin path a lot, and I feel it's just as OP and broken as the Shard path based on descriptions, and that you can't really go wrong in choosing a path for Flashwing. (Kind of like S1 Bash or S1 Cynder.)
#226 Posted: 10:52:18 03/11/2012
flashwings soul gem makes her completely unkillible if you are fighting melee character like stealth elf.
#227 Posted: 12:16:10 03/11/2012
Quote: Aqua

I wish I could get a video, but alas I have no capture card. Maybe I'll end up ordering one. Anyway, I took her down the Spin path, since I saw many others took her down the Shard and I wanted to see the difference. I think whichever path you choose, you'll find that Flashwing is an OP beast (at least in story mode, I don't really do PvP,) and here is why:

Although there is a slight pause between spins, that combined with the surrounding shard attack pretty much makes her untouchable. The pause is hardly noticeable, anyway. Flashwing rarely takes damage while spinning since she has an upgrade that deflects enemy fire back at them (there are a few exceptions, such as the flamethrower minions) and the laser then makes up for the long range. Hitting them up close, she does about 13-14 damage at a time, and hits the same enemies multiple times, usually racking up a 40+ damage count on multiple enemies around her. Combined with lasers hitting the enemies farther away, she's pretty OP and rocks (excuse the Earth element pun) in the arena.

My only complaint is that if you are too slow or have a lapse in renewing her spin or hitting the surrounding shard attack, her HP is low enough that any damage is pretty... eghn. However, this rarely happens. The spin path is also speedy-- something a lot of Earth elements aren't (spare maybe Bash down the Pulver Dragon path.)

All in all, I like the Spin path a lot, and I feel it's just as OP and broken as the Shard path based on descriptions, and that you can't really go wrong in choosing a path for Flashwing. (Kind of like S1 Bash or S1 Cynder.)

i allways go for the pvp path. and i believe Tash dos to. even on nightmare mode, any skylander on any path in story mode is still able to do very well when maxed out. but in pvp allot of skylander paths are like night and day.
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#228 Posted: 13:55:41 03/11/2012
Quote: milton310
What is better, I-Beam Supreme or Rocket Path?

Definatly the I-Beam path.It is cleary supreur to the rocket path.Know the bullets are okay but the lasers are the main attraction.They do 30 damage and so do the mines which you can move by walking into them
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#229 Posted: 15:00:32 03/11/2012
The Rocket Path is clearly superior to the I-Beam Path, because the rockets are much better than the I-Beam on either path, so you might as well upgrade them instead of his worst attack, I-Beam.
#230 Posted: 15:06:43 03/11/2012
^Agree the rocket path is pure pic the rockets are doing 30 damge they are covering a big area and you can spam it over the battlefield it's the better path in PVE and PVP.
---
i am trash
#231 Posted: 15:10:34 03/11/2012

Well, also this path will upgrade a little the Shimmering Spin attack, that doesn't have basic upgrades, and also will give you +40 extra armor plus the other +40 armor, it's +80 armour in total, that'll make Flashwing much much harder to hit, and that'll help you a lot with the Soul Gem upgrade, Crystal Lighthouse that won't let you move, too.
Also, Shimmering Spin lasts longer and does increased damage, deflect enemies' shots back at them while spinning and while spinning, press Attack 1 to shoot beams of laser light! smilie That'll make Flashwing a total beast, both in Story Mode or in PvP, but like you say, you can't go down the wrong path with Flashwing...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:13:36 03/11/2012 by Sparx dragonfly
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#232 Posted: 15:37:30 03/11/2012
What do you reccomend for Pop Fizz, Jet Vac, and Tree Rex?
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#233 Posted: 16:31:18 03/11/2012
For tree rex treefolk charger.It is an amazing path but I can't reccomend for the others cause I don't have them
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
#234 Posted: 16:45:10 03/11/2012
tree rex's lasers are pretty fun too, but im a projectile person.
#235 Posted: 17:22:51 03/11/2012
Ok, I'm getting mixed opinions here. What path is best for smilie on Pvp? I have mine on the laser, but is the charge path better?
---
#236 Posted: 17:25:22 03/11/2012
people have been saying lasers are OP, but ive never seen a review for the charge path. im afraid that ill hate the charge, so ive never tried both. mabey you are better off listening to someone whohas tried both?
#237 Posted: 17:47:17 03/11/2012
Well, has anyone tried both yet?
---
#238 Posted: 18:18:46 03/11/2012
I tried both and my opinion is that you can't go down the wrong path, both are awesome!
#239 Posted: 18:20:21 03/11/2012
Yes. Have two Tree Rexes on account of console and 3DS versions. Both paths are nice, really. I can't honestly say I prefer one to the other for overall strength, but in terms of what I personally play, it would be the charge path. He's an absolute brute on that, and while strategy with Tree Rex is about as subtle as a Michael Bay movie, things tend to work out for him due to his enormous HP pool and high stats.
#240 Posted: 18:31:40 03/11/2012
Quote: Hazard335

i allways go for the pvp path. and i believe Tash dos to. even on nightmare mode, any skylander on any path in story mode is still able to do very well when maxed out. but in pvp allot of skylander paths are like night and day.

Well, I never said the Shimmering Spin path was inferior in PvP-- I simply do not know, since I have no one to play against me, and even when I do it is my much younger cousin who kind of just mashes the X button.
#241 Posted: 22:01:26 03/11/2012
I've never tested her on pvp either. My brothers like minecraft now.
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#242 Posted: 22:21:08 03/11/2012
What is hot heads best path?
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
#243 Posted: 22:25:19 03/11/2012
Is oil path looks more appeasing to me, but I don't have him.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#244 Posted: 00:24:20 04/11/2012
Quote: terrafan
I saw a s2 bash, but I didn't buy it...
[User Posted Image]

same.
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7014
#245 Posted: 01:49:21 04/11/2012
I just tried Barbarous avenger on swarm and it is so powerful I definitely recomend it. You can fly circles around your enemy and deal some great repeat damage while they try to hit you! The barbs shot while flying now do 14 damage instead of the underwhelming 9 and the melee attacks do 29 damage which is great considering how fast it all stacks!
Aquatic Llama Green Sparx Gems: 436
#246 Posted: 03:29:19 04/11/2012
I have Terrafin S2 and I took him down Sandhog. I was wondering if brawler is any good? What do you guys recommend?
#247 Posted: 03:36:26 04/11/2012
Because of his Wow Pow, Brawler actually IS good. The move drastically improves Brawler as a tunneler, to the point where the two paths are almost indistinguishable. You miss out on the damaging fin and homing sharks, but what you sacrifice there, you more than regain in melee damage. Honestly, Brawler might even be preferable in many circumstances now. A totally legit alternative to Sandhog.
#248 Posted: 09:53:35 04/11/2012
I'm upgrading Robot Rocketeer at the moment, and it's awesome so far. I haven't tried out I-Beam Supreme though so I don't know how it compares, I'll comment on it once I do on Legendary. To be honest the Fingerguns and I-Beam are still both great moves on Robot Rocketeer so if you're already happy with their power you don't need to consider I-Beam Supreme at all and just jump into Rocketeer. I always found the rockets underwhelming but the infinite long range shots you get to fire are amazing compliments and amazingly complimented by the other moves in Rocketeer. I imagine once I get the atomic cloud upgrade Bouncer will be even more fun too.

And I'll iron it down again, Treefolk Charger is clearly better for Tree Rex. You get neat looking armor(I'm not sure if it actually adds extra stats but it looks cool), you get an awesome slam combo for the Charge, and your Cannon is still a usable ranged attack. Not to mention the Soul Gem benefits this path more as your Woodpecker will swoop more often due to you getting up close to your enemy a lot. Lumbering Laserer is basically just spamming lasers and running away because the charge is a bad attack. Slam is excellent down both paths. But overall everything works better with Charger.

Edit: Regular Tree Rex with no upgrades has 6 less Armor than Gnarly down Treefolk. I don't know if that extra point boost is from being a variant, or from the path. I KNOW it's not from Heroics because I only finished the Speed ones on Gnarly and none on regular. Not a major boost anyway.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 10:49:45 04/11/2012 by Nibelilt
voodude Blue Sparx Gems: 715
#249 Posted: 11:03:30 04/11/2012
what about swarm's swarm form path? i haven't tried it, but i know his axe attack deals 80 damage
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieITALIAsmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Esunmar Green Sparx Gems: 452
#250 Posted: 11:54:46 04/11/2012
@voodude: Swarm's swarm form: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATUOjiVm4b0
The one who made the vid. commented he liked the other path better. I see why, but this still has more appeal.

@Nibelilt: Bouncer's laser path -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...channel&list=UL
I'm on the laser path with Tree Rex. I like it. I can't say it's better, but the spamming of the laser works, and he gets floral decorations on his bark down this path.
---
Life has given me a voracious hunger and all you give me is candy.
So I'm leaving with my legs and my youth even if jealousy kills you.
First | Previous | Page 5 of 34 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 32 33 34

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me