Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 38 of 39 | Last
1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
Show off your CUSTOM FIGURES [STICKY]
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#1851 Posted: 23:42:07 08/05/2016
Hm, so only the bottom part holds the chip+lights? Darn, so a villain figure can't stand up if was working.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
RainbowSkygirl Gold Sparx Gems: 2013
#1852 Posted: 15:29:58 09/05/2016
Some Sculpey SuperChargers, Dark Spitfire and my idea of what a SuperCharger Spyro would've looked like. I changed up the Magic base, tried to make the triangles flying out the back look more dynamic. Spitfire's pose is based off of a prototype.
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
---
Lurked moar since 2011 and I'm still not quite sure what I'm doing.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:38:12 25/07/2019 by RainbowSkygirl
BlackWing116 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1480
#1853 Posted: 15:37:29 09/05/2016
Damm, those are amazing!
#1854 Posted: 16:13:01 09/05/2016
Amazing, RainbowSkygirl! I can see the clay looks a lot more stable even at the wings and whatnot, maybe I should replace Fimo for Sculpey to try it out once I start saving up a bit of money again.
---
#1855 Posted: 18:44:45 09/05/2016
Thanks, Bifrost. Your sculptures are great too!
Those thin wings would probably still droop if they weren't their own pieces. I've had arms a good quarter inch thick droop before.
---
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#1856 Posted: 14:53:37 26/05/2016
Best way to fix the drooping problem is to make the figure in parts...as once you sculpt the wing, arm, tail...ect.(arm in this case) lay it flat on the table using different things to prop them(erasers, pens, soda caps...ect.) so they keep there desired shape till its dry. Then use epoxy to bond all the parts together. Yeah its a little more work....but you will be happier with the final look. Also ...yes Bifrost Sculpey is much easyer to work with.

And well done RainbowSkygirl...your figures look great. smilie
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
#1857 Posted: 16:33:27 26/05/2016
Depending on how thick the piece is, it can still end up falling while at the oven. I used some aluminum foil to keep Bat Spin's foot up and it worked like a charm, since erasers and other stuff can't go in there.

On my own projects, I was attempting to redo Golden Queen and almost had a base ready, but this possiblity that she's getting a figure in 6kylanders might make me stick to the old one until I can buy the official figure. Also have a base for Bad Juju almost ready, also going to wait for the reveal because if both get figures I'll have to start selling and saving up whenever I can.

Also just finished a clay base for Bat Spin! She looks cute even without one but I feel like having somewhere to stand on, even without being glued in, will display better. Just gotta wait for that to cook in the uni's clay oven in the next few weeks.
---
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#1858 Posted: 17:12:03 27/05/2016
I was speeking of the air-dry kind not the oven baked. But you figured it out for the baked type....molding the aluminum foil to hold the part in the proper shape.
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#1859 Posted: 18:20:14 27/05/2016
those custom clay ones are awesome!
#1860 Posted: 13:05:45 28/05/2016
Finally finished my own Golden Queen figure (just in time for the possible reveal of an official figure blarg).
[User Posted Image]
Mostly Premo Sculpey, except the staff's pole is a paper cotton swab with the cotton pulled off.
The headdress looks only remotely similar to canon, that's what I get for working off of memory sketches. Overall I still love how she came out. The pose was lots of fun to imagine and sculpt, and all that gold paint makes her really shiny even without the glaze.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:39:34 25/07/2019 by RainbowSkygirl
#1861 Posted: 13:20:53 28/05/2016
Oh my gosh your pose is better than my custom's, I should've thought of adding more sass >w>
Looks really good, especially the colors. Only criticism is that yeah, making her from memory botched her proportions - the eyes are really small actually, the staff is bigger than she is, and she also has a secondary headdress under that winged one. I always have like 3 tabs of reference when doing figues in the pc for easy checking, if not print something easy to see in a glance.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:21:31 28/05/2016 by Bifrost
#1862 Posted: 03:48:56 29/05/2016
BEHOLD

A CUSTOM LIGHTCORE

[User Posted Image]

yeah, i know the flashlight is tacky. if i ever find a smaller light with the same power i'll gladly switch it out.
Spyro Lover122 Gold Sparx Gems: 2147
#1863 Posted: 07:58:31 29/05/2016
Wow, that Golden Queen is incredible! That lightcore Sun Runner there is looking good too. smilie
---
Whenever you reach too high, life smacks you down!
#1864 Posted: 12:10:55 29/05/2016
Amazing, Zap! I'd give custom lightcores a try but I don't really have specific precision drills and whatnot, nor the money.
---
#1865 Posted: 16:14:01 31/05/2016
Hey ZapNorris, maybe you could use an LED balloon light for your Sun Runner? They're only about an inch to 1 1/4 inches long, and some can be toggled with the click of a button.
---
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#1866 Posted: 14:57:55 01/06/2016
Quote: ZapNorris
BEHOLD

A CUSTOM LIGHTCORE

[User Posted Image]

yeah, i know the flashlight is tacky. if i ever find a smaller light with the same power i'll gladly switch it out.

That's actually really cool
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
griswoldthunder Gold Sparx Gems: 2953
#1867 Posted: 15:00:36 12/06/2016
One of these days when I have more time to figure it out, I will post pictures of all of my custom variants. Just finished a Nitro Stealth Elf to go with the Nitro Stealth Stinger. Also, used an extra Spitfire to make an Event Exclusive Spitfire to go with the Event Exclusive Hot Streak.
#1868 Posted: 01:26:36 28/06/2016
Sculpey Villains! Left to right: Broccoli Guy, Captain Cluck, Chill Bill, and Rage Mage. The taller three are about 3/4 the height of a Core Skylander. Messed around with the base designs to make them more villainy.
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
Hidden in most angles, but Chill Bill has his belt buckle.
[User Posted Image]
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:41:47 25/07/2019 by RainbowSkygirl
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#1869 Posted: 02:11:52 28/06/2016
Quote: RainbowSkygirl
Sculpey Villains! Left to right: Broccoli Guy, Captain Cluck, Chill Bill, and Rage Mage. The taller three are about 3/4 the height of a Core Skylander. Messed around with the base designs to make them more villainy.
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
Hidden in most angles, but Chill Bill has his belt buckle.
[User Posted Image]

Those are amazing! I love Cluck!
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#1870 Posted: 16:36:24 28/06/2016
I tried making Cluck out of play dough once

I didn't know it had to be clay

he became roast chicken
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
#1871 Posted: 17:22:30 28/06/2016
that chill bill is amazing
#1872 Posted: 19:26:38 28/06/2016
Those are REAL nice! Their poses are absolutely perfect too.
---
#1873 Posted: 12:07:54 29/06/2016
Quote: PwnageFTW
I tried making Cluck out of play dough once

I didn't know it had to be clay

he became roast chicken

Haha yeah, Play-doh was never meant to make anything permanent. Better luck next time.
---
#1874 Posted: 12:22:53 09/08/2016
I'm making a new Skylander-themed shelf since literally both my custom figure plans are now in Imaginators, I wonder if I should post it here ot in the Collections topic since it's a display piece. I'm just started with the backgrounds but I'm trying to do 3 shelves with different landscapes that sorta-but-not-really look like actual levels.
---
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#1875 Posted: 20:30:02 14/08/2016
If I am able, I will try and buy a second Kaos figure once Imaginators is out, and then I'll give him an awesome custom paint job, like one based off of Super Evil Kaos or Traptainium Kaos or something.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
#1876 Posted: 21:02:44 14/08/2016
I recently made the ANB/TEN Cynder that I mentioned a while ago. I used a series one figure to make it, and it all went to plan. It still needs a little work, but I'll post it when I'm done. I tried to start on Flame too but I ran into some issues, hopefully I can do him soon too. I'm also still considering a Spry made into Ember.
---
sunburnninja Yellow Sparx Gems: 1118
#1877 Posted: 02:35:48 11/09/2016
Im gonna make an evilized variant of ambush i have a picture on one of kat-kuns forums
---
Subscribe to join Team Sun Today!!!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-I9N_yeZJSmhYTDu3lbSyg
LameLime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1200
#1878 Posted: 22:12:19 26/09/2016
Back from the dead, and with more customs...

"Power Blue Voodood" - Bloodood if you will.
I know this variant type is a bit outdated given that it was part of the #LIUB campaign, but I really admire the color idea.

[User Posted Image]

"Straight-A Boomer " - Because most trolls aren't that smart, so they need a good education!
A bit late to do this new seasonal custom, but I'm quite the festive person. This was the first time I actually carved parts of a figure with a crafting knife. That's how I turned the dynamite sticks to pencils. Of course like many of my previous customs, the paint in several areas is wonky, because let's face it, I'm not the brightest figure painter on the block. Hope you all had a nice BTS month!

[User Posted Image] [User Posted Image]

"Oh LL why did you make Boomer an oompa loompa inkling troll?"

Now if I can find another Ghost Roaster to paint on top of my custom Boomer, I'll do what I wanted to do with it next month...
---
NOSTALGA-LANDERS COLLECTION (Spyro's Adventure)
30/32 Skylanders -- 4/4 Levels -- 8/9 Items (Includes VV)
Missing: smilie smilie + Ghost Swords
#1879 Posted: 23:03:08 13/10/2016
It's not a collection update so I guess it belongs here. FINALLY DONE WITH MY DISPLAY SHELF!

[User Posted Image]

It's a series of paintings based on Skylanders locations, fits a good 12-16 guys with space to spare. Perfect to make some area for Sensei figures since they're really wide, and the Cores wouldn't get hidden by them in the glass shelves.

That tiny Moon Widow custom spider has probably shown up in a few previous custom photos from me, now it has a definitive place :3
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:05:05 13/10/2016 by Bifrost
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#1880 Posted: 00:25:03 14/10/2016
Wow, that's an amazing display shelf Bifrost!
---
Dead
#1881 Posted: 00:26:20 14/10/2016
Thanks! 3 months of hard work. But I just knew I had to do it when I saw this shelf design in the artisan crafts store, it fits perfectly between my bookshelves too.
---
#1882 Posted: 00:35:51 14/10/2016
Quote: Bifrost
Thanks! 3 months of hard work. But I just knew I had to do it when I saw this shelf design in the artisan crafts store, it fits perfectly between my bookshelves too.

Wow, I can't even get one skylander done in three months (mostly because I see the tiniest mistake, then try and correct it, then it turns into a bigger disaster until it just looks terrible. Also because I'm lazy :p)

I'd post a picture of all my customs I've finished since December, but Imgur isn't working for some reason. I hit upload, select a picture, but then it doesn't upload. But I've completed Dark Stealth Stinger, Volcanic Lava Lance Eruptor, Steel Plated Thump Truck, a football themed Dive-Clops, Dark Nightfall, Frightful Crypt Crusher, and I'm still working on a Nitro Big Bubble Pop Fizz, and Missile-Tow Dive Bomber.

I also have a spare Superchargers portal, anyone have any ideas what I should color it?
---
Dead
#1883 Posted: 00:45:29 14/10/2016
If you use it for Imaginators, maybe gold and red? Those and black seem to be highly associated with the Senseis.
---
#1884 Posted: 23:26:46 14/10/2016
Finished my first ever set of custom trap masters...

The physical version of Instant Snap Shot, for the glorious non-digital master race! I actually did this a few weeks ago. It came out great.

[User Posted Image]

"Alpha Knight Light" and "Omega Knight Mare". This is where I used glitter and pearl paint - two paints I've never used before - for the first time. It was a bit of a rough job though, as the glitter paint was rather watery, which is why some parts were a tad heavy on paint. I had to make a white satin coating before the blue glitter for Knight Mare. The pearl, on the other hand, had excellent quality.

[User Posted Image]
---
Shippin Blue Sparx Gems: 880
#1885 Posted: 02:26:17 31/10/2016
Wasn't a fan at all of Dr. Krankcase, the colors were all off, so I decided to go in and attempt fixing him. First time doing something like this but he looks leagues better than before imho.

[User Posted Image]

More images at: http://imgur.com/a/bXMCn
#1886 Posted: 02:47:56 31/10/2016
Wowie, I'm impressed with how close you got it to the actual thing! I too was very disappointed with his lack of accuracy, especially since he's my favorite. You paid really good attention to detail, and I love what you did there! That's really how he should have been.
---
DeathBlade Yellow Sparx Gems: 1267
#1887 Posted: 07:32:28 05/11/2016
Been thinking about making a custom Tae Kwon Crow by putting him on Starcast's base so it looks like he's still Dark.
---
Meh.
#1888 Posted: 11:50:25 05/11/2016
I don't know how the pegs work for this year's lineup, but some hairdryer can heat the connection to make them bend in an angle and a good cutting tool to remove them from the pegs should do the trick. It's still going to be the other character ingame though, unless you want to risk tinkering with the base.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:51:03 05/11/2016 by Bifrost
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5357
#1889 Posted: 20:45:01 05/11/2016
I had an idea for a Kaos trap redesign. It's based of the final boss since he has the whole crystal thing going on.
---
Soon.
#1890 Posted: 00:19:27 18/11/2016
Bat Bat Spin is done!

http://i.imgur.com/TXM0A5G.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/t3R7HmE.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/GzOxiPx.jpg

She was done by July or earlier, but I was waiting on her base to get done as it's fired clay - a big issue I had with my custom GQ and Moneybone figures is that the base was far too light and they fall over easily, so this is much better. Probably not going to glue her in though, she stands up on her own.
---
#1891 Posted: 00:29:08 18/11/2016
Any ideas for King Pen/Golden Queen customs? I've got extras of those two.
#1892 Posted: 00:37:17 18/11/2016
King Pen you could look up some birds or some mongol inspired stuff, Golden Queen could be silver, green(like her wings), or even with the colors of her older designs.
---
#1893 Posted: 18:30:08 04/12/2016
I posted most of these before, but they didn't show up for most people, so it's time for a giant dump of every custom I have. Spoiler so it doesn't make mobile users phones crash. Let me know if these images aren't showing up.

EDIT: Added Ranger Enigma, Seaweed Punk Shock, and Dark Tree Rex

Recently finished:

Dark Bad Juju

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

I took some artistic liberties with the dark color scheme and added a bunch of red, but now I think it's to much, and to bright a shade of red. The mask looks messed up in the pictures, but in person it looks fine. I also have a Buckshot and chain reaction with this color scheme, but they're not finished yet.

Nitro pop fizz:

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

His eyes got messed up, but other than that he's good. I painted his fur purple because both nitro freeze blade and head rush had light purple skin.

Football helmet Dive-Clops:

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

He took me months to paint with because every time I was almost done, I'd make one tiny mistake and have to repaint that spot again.

Steel Plated Thump Truck:
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

The green looks much better than the green on Steel Plated Smash Hit.

Ranger Enigma:

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

Painted to look like a ranger from the Ranger's Apprentice books.

Dark Nightfall

[User Posted Image]

I had 2 more pictures of here from the side and back, but Imgur won't let me upload them.

Frightful Crypt Crusher:

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

Dark Stealth Stinger:

[User Posted Image]

Older customs (most of these will look like garbage because they're from a year or two ago):

Instant Food Fight:

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

He turned out very bad, there's paint all over his eyes.

Instant Snap Shot:

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

I'll have to fix that dot of bronze that got on his face later, I don't know how it got there.

Custom Portal:

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

This is actually one of my favorite customs. Each rune on the side has been painted the color of an element (brown for earth, red for fire etc.)

(Terrible) Dark Tree Rex:

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

This was my first custom, and I originally painted it with fabric paints because I was a dumbass.

Seaweed Punk Shock:

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

This one was also painted with fabric paints originally, but I've repainted it and it's now slightly less terrible.

Clay Figures:

Eye Five:

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

This is the only one that looks good and has managed to stay in one piece.

Gulper:

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

His trident thing broke a while ago, and I don't think I can fix it without it looking terrible.

Dreamcatcher:

[User Posted Image]

The bow on her head came off, so then my dad decided it was a great idea to just glue it back on with this super strong stuff he had in the garage. It came off again and ripped most of the hair off too, so now it's ruined beyond repair.

Wings of Fire themed customs (I read those books a couple years ago and I don't even remember the names of most of the characters these were based off)

An Icewing:

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

Don't remember why I took the wings off it anymore. I'm not even sure if he was supposed to be a main character from the books or just a generic Icewing.

Starflight:
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

This was the first one I customized, because I went into a Gamestop, saw this Spyro with no eyes painted on, and since he was blinded in the books, I got the idea to paint that Spyro like him.

Glory:

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

For anyone who hasn't read the books, this one has a ton of different colors because it's based off a dragon that can change colors, so I just put a bunch of colors on her.

Clay:

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

I think I took the wings off of the S3 Spyro so I could attach them to him, since he has wings in the book.

Tsunami:

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

You can't really tell, but this one is painted only with glow in the dark paint, and it looks great at night.

Sunny (I think that was the name):

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

The base here looks terrible, I don't know how it got so messed up.

That Skywing who burned everything she touched that I don't remember the name of:

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

The black on the base is intentional here, because this character burned everything she touched in the books.
---
Dead
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:44:06 04/12/2016 by mega spyro
#1894 Posted: 18:38:01 04/12/2016
The Thump Truck and Crypt Crusher look really nice!

Now that I have Imaginators I think I'll customize my spare WiiU portal. Just not sure what to do, painting would be too little...
---
#1895 Posted: 20:29:56 04/12/2016
Dark-ish Buckshot and Chain Reaction are done:

Buckshot:

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

Chain Reaction:

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

The red spots on his hands and chainsaws are intentional. In the last picture it looks like there's silver on his arm guard, but that's just the lighting.

I have a spare SC portal that I'm painting christmas themed, and it should be done in about a week at most.
---
Dead
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#1896 Posted: 01:52:32 05/12/2016
I bought an extra Hot Head, any ideas what i can make off him? (it will be my first custom)
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
#1897 Posted: 01:59:49 05/12/2016
Quote: Kevin16
I bought an extra Hot Head, any ideas what i can make off him? (it will be my first custom)

Maybe paint him like Obsidian Hot Head in Battlecast?
---
Dead
#1898 Posted: 02:20:55 26/01/2017
Speaking of Hot Head, here's something I had in mind all month and last... Birthday Bash Hot Head

It's my birthday today, in case you haven't known. I'm 22. This is a follow-up of a custom I did on my last birthday, however you can tell it was rushed. Same goes to the picture-taking, as I don't really like sending pictures from my phone to my computer. Yes his arms represent burning candles.

Ever since GameStop "Game-stopped" taking in preowned skylanders, I wasn't active much around the forums. All I can rely on at the moment is my local dollar store, which has a fair variety of older figures. That's where I got this figure, and also Birthday Bash Zook from last year.

[User Posted Image]
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:26:25 26/01/2017 by LameLime
#1899 Posted: 02:34:06 26/01/2017
@mega spyro

ranger enigma and dark chain reaction are freakin' amazing. nice job!
First | Previous | Page 38 of 39 | Last
1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me