Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 37 of 39 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
Show off your CUSTOM FIGURES [STICKY]
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#1801 Posted: 21:54:32 14/01/2016
Quote: Bifrost
[User Posted Image]

They're finally done! Two known chompies and one based on Spyro(kind of a homage to the series, thank you gift that I can't deliver and whatnot). First attempt doing textures on that last one too, the scales feel quite nice under the overly sticky paint.

I think I'll have to sell at least the two normal guys because I need to make up for the expensive polymer clay, but I'll enjoy their presence on my desk for a bit .w.

That's amazing! If you send that dragon chompy to TfB or Activision, it could possibly show up in the next game or next superchargers patch.

Quote: ZapNorris
PaSKYrus

[User Posted Image]

This is great lol
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#1802 Posted: 23:44:23 14/01/2016
If only, but I'm not sparing 40 bucks of shipping for a 6cm tall figure anytime soon ;w;' I have to save up for so much stuff this year it's better not to even consider.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#1803 Posted: 23:57:41 14/01/2016
coming next- Punk Shock Undyne
DarkPredator Gold Sparx Gems: 2276
#1804 Posted: 23:51:39 15/01/2016
Gonna paint a spare super shot stealth elf
---
"Still as silent as ever, eh?" - Blue, Pokémon Sun and Moon
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#1805 Posted: 01:05:05 16/01/2016
Quote: Dark Snap Shot
Quote: ninjastarr
Quote: Cicada17
Anyone working on a Big Daddy Dive Clops variant?

I seen one on Tumblr. Don't remember who posted it because it was a while ago, but it was cool looking.

Found it!
[User Posted Image]
Amazing

I love it! They should've licensed Bioshock for a Skylander ;P
LameLime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1200
#1806 Posted: 17:51:40 16/01/2016
I did a few customs recently

"Sorcerer's Tree Rex" which I did last month. Just like Sorcerer's Stump Smash, using the same paints!

[User Posted Image]

And then there was a series of paints I've been wanting to do for a year and a half, ever since the "Two-Tone" chase variants for Swap Force were released, I started thinking about doing a "Four-Tone" trio of swappers. I managed to find three more swappers which I can FINALLY do this with. Unlike Two-Tone, which is a solid color for each half, each half now has a pair of colors. Today I finally got the customs done!

"Four Tone" Stink Bomb, Spy Rise, and Rubble Rouser, the Wave 3 trio!

[User Posted Image]

Yeah yeah, I know, some parts look a bit sloppy. I'm not that skilled in painting figures, and these models were tricky to paint with. But that's how I am with all my other customs. I'm just happy that I got the job done and it looks nice to display.

Here's what they look like swapped to their corresponding colors:

[User Posted Image]
---
NOSTALGA-LANDERS COLLECTION (Spyro's Adventure)
30/32 Skylanders -- 4/4 Levels -- 8/9 Items (Includes VV)
Missing: smilie smilie + Ghost Swords
#1807 Posted: 18:39:37 16/01/2016
The pictures seem to be broken or are too big for my browser to load :I
---
#1808 Posted: 19:44:37 18/01/2016
Another repaint so soon? I found some Dollar Store skylanders yesterday.

This one is "Birthday Bash" Zook based on the latest Pop Fizz variant of the same name. I did this not because it's releasing this month, but my birthday is next week, on the 25th! There's a 21 on top of it because I'm turning 21. Also the base is a bit off because I'm trying to scrape the excess paint off of it.

[User Posted Image]
---
#1809 Posted: 23:20:54 20/01/2016
Oh, now I can see them x3 Nice colors on Birthday Zook, though I'd use a bit more shading by letting a tiny bit of super wet darker paint seep in between his fibers; makes those parts stand out more than just the usual raised/lowered bits.

Meanwhile, right before selling my Golden Scarlet Ninjini I discovered some Matte Acryllic Varnish on a storage room here, and wow it's everything I wanted. Used it on everyone I customized,they're finally less sticky and shiny! Doesn't seem to do any damage to the paints either as long as you do it thoroughly with a slightly wet paintbrush(and dry paint for the love of Eon, it's supposed to make the colors really dull if mixed wet). Now I just have to resist customizing my replacement Ninjini(still undecided if I'll look for Scarlet again) because I experimented enough with this one >w>
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:22:44 20/01/2016 by Bifrost
#1810 Posted: 09:32:21 25/01/2016
I want to try finding a small handful of used Sparxes (Don't really know if that's the plural term) and getting a paint color for each. What I want to do with the multiple sparxes is paint one of the different color based on the the dS ones. For example, paint one red, one green, and so on. But here's the catch, I'll only get and paint a sparx IF I'm at that forum rank. So right now I can only do the first three; up to blue. I was inspired by LEGO Dimensions to do this, how it has you apply a keystone to the portal as you make progress. Here's which paints I'll use for all:

Red - Don't have any. I don't plan to go to Michael's anytime soon. I could try the dollar store, but red sells out easily...
Green - Neon green. I still have it.
Blue - Neon Blue. Still have it as well.
Yellow - Unpainted, plus I like having regular, non-custom figures
Gold - Metallic gold. By the time I attain gold, I should have it.
Emerald - Metallic green. Same than gold.
Platinum - Some kind of periwinkle color, metallic or glitter.

and EDIT: Diamond - Whiteish Opal glitter paint
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:23:41 08/05/2016 by LameLime
#1811 Posted: 18:23:56 27/01/2016
Man, I was doing way too much this month. You know, my SSA collection is almost complete, so I might as well work on the "Double set" for the second path made up of many customs and few variants. That's what I'm doing, two SSA sets for each character's upgrade paths! Plus like I said before, EB Games has a whole hoard of used figures.

Blue Sparx - The figure a dS member of the same title deserves...

[User Posted Image]

MetaDrago Spyro, Camo, and Drobot. Something I could do with the dragons of SSA. I'll consider this the "Wave 1" of the MetaDrago series (Kind of similar to Eon's Elite). I'll do the other five original dragons, but I won't do the new element dragons from STT because they're literally leprechauns.

[User Posted Image]

Finally, "Obsidian Eruptor". This one probably has the best glow effect I did. I could try it with another character. Hot Head would be nice.

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
---
#1812 Posted: 22:28:58 11/02/2016
"Mrs Gill Grunt"

Did something for Valentines Day. Make Gill Grunt pink and give him beady, anime eyes!

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

Looks like Gill Grunt has found true love this season.

And one more, "Crazy Double Trouble"

What I did here is mix all five of my neons and just went all abstract-like on the figure. Then did some regular white painting. I love it. And its glow feature is really nice.

[User Posted Image]
---
#1813 Posted: 22:34:43 11/02/2016
The Gill Grunt variant is actually pretty adorable.(I will nitpick and say his girlfriend is actually a mermaid,but details) The Double Trouble one could've used less whites and oranges, though it must look pretty good with the neon lights.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:36:05 11/02/2016 by Bifrost
Spyro Lover122 Gold Sparx Gems: 2147
#1814 Posted: 21:23:21 16/02/2016
My Spyro: smilie
Here's a custom Spyro based on the color scheme of TLoSpyro. (It sort of looks like the classic too.)
It's not that I don't like the Skylander colors, I just thought that this would be a fun little thing to do.
This is the second version of the custom that I've ever done, there are quite a few improvements from the last. He has been sealed and it is 100% waterproof, it still works on the game after being soaked. So here he is!
(Before anybody asks, that weird thing at the bottom of his chest is a screw.)
[User Posted Image]
---
Whenever you reach too high, life smacks you down!
#1815 Posted: 21:12:38 20/02/2016
Photos are a bit dark. Looks okay from here but feels darker than it probably is.

Oh man, really thinking of buying a Bat Spin to do a custom now. Anyone knows if her fog feet are glued entirely to the base like Ninjini or easily removed? Heard her figure's hardly nice looking so if I could have an easy way of fixing it or even replacing her with a custom figure of the bat form it'd be pretty nice.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:12:58 20/02/2016 by Bifrost
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2989
#1816 Posted: 05:03:12 04/03/2016
Has anyone done any vehicle customs recently? It would be fun to see matching vehicles for variants like mega spyro's Frightful Crypt Crusher.

Matching vehicles to customize:

1. Birthday Bash Soda Skimmer
2. Dark Stealth Stinger
3. Eggcited Buzz Wing
4. Legendary Tomb Buggy
5. Legendary Jet Stream
6. Missile-Tow Dive Bomber
7. Snow-Brite Sky Slicer
8. Steel Plated Thump Truck

Matching characters to customize:

1. Dark Nightfall
2. E3 Spitfire
3. Golden Spitfire
4. Nitro Pop Fizz
5. Nitro Stealth Elf
6. Spring Ahead Dive-Clops

The good thing is none of these would be mistaken for real.
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#1817 Posted: 06:16:00 04/03/2016
Quote: 4inCreation
Has anyone done any vehicle customs recently? It would be fun to see matching vehicles for variants like mega spyro's Frightful Crypt Crusher.

Matching vehicles to customize:

1. Birthday Bash Soda Skimmer
2. Dark Stealth Stinger
3. Eggcited Buzz Wing
4. Legendary Tomb Buggy
5. Legendary Jet Stream
6. Missile-Tow Dive Bomber
7. Snow-Brite Sky Slicer
8. Steel Plated Thump Truck

Matching characters to customize:

1. Dark Nightfall
2. E3 Spitfire
3. Golden Spitfire
4. Nitro Pop Fizz
5. Nitro Stealth Elf
6. Spring Ahead Dive-Clops

The good thing is none of these would be mistaken for real.

Actually funnily enough, I'm painting a Dark Stealth stinger, Dark Nightfall, and steel plated thump truck. But I'm probably too picky, because I keep repainting instead of just being done with them, even though they only have small imperfections, and even though all my customs look terrible anyway.
---
Dead
#1818 Posted: 02:46:55 06/03/2016
I made this custom...

[User Posted Image]
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#1819 Posted: 13:24:43 06/03/2016
I made this custom...

[User Posted Image]

That looks amazing! It really looks like a legitimate chase variant!

If I may ask, though...what is that "S" taped up in the corner?
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
#1820 Posted: 13:26:58 06/03/2016
You fixed Astroblast, hooray! *booed out of the thread*

I kid. I'd add a different color on the eyes or details on the gun's crystal(maybe even paint in a different colored Light symbol if you've got those extremely precise brushes), as to not look like a huge block of one color, but really good choice of that color :3
---
#1821 Posted: 15:24:26 06/03/2016
Quote: Chompy-King257
I made this custom...

[User Posted Image]

That looks amazing! It really looks like a legitimate chase variant!

If I may ask, though...what is that "S" taped up in the corner?

It's my instagram logo.
WolfMaster Red Sparx Gems: 69
#1822 Posted: 09:49:06 21/03/2016
What's ur Insta?
---
XBOX ONE Gamertag: TheWolfMaster00
I'm an avid Destiny player, also life-long lego collector.
Feel free to PM me about Skylanders or Xbox.
#1823 Posted: 15:23:20 22/03/2016
Quote: WolfMaster
What's ur Insta?

skymiibo
#1824 Posted: 23:06:36 22/03/2016
Had this for a while now,but was waiting until I was done with Bat Spin to take pictures. Who? Bat Spin's bat form,of course!

[User Posted Image]

I had the original plan that if Bat Spin's paintjob was as bad as the legends said I'd just pull her off the base and put the bat instead. Thankfully, she just had some minor plastic bubbles that I could use sandpaper on and paint that,with the bat form already done, I knew how to mix. Looking pretty good now, though the glow-in-the-dark powder reeeaaally didn't mix well with the paint of the skull and now this thing lights up like a candle on the room. Thank Eon the shelf is behind a wall before my bed or she'd be the first one to actually be put in the wardrobe.
---
RainbowSkygirl Gold Sparx Gems: 2013
#1825 Posted: 02:01:14 25/03/2016
These two are my first ever custom Skylanders, Legend-Style Spyro and Cynder.
[User Posted Image]
Spyro's painted in enamels and metallic acrylics and sealed with Sculpey Glaze, which so far I've found works pretty well on more than just Sculpey. Cynder was painted with matte acrylics and so a lot of her paint rubbed off, especially on the wings. She needed some patching up before I sealed her paint job.

EDIT: Got a slightly better picture now that Cynder's been re-repainted.
---
Lurked moar since 2011 and I'm still not quite sure what I'm doing.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 19:20:08 25/07/2019 by RainbowSkygirl
#1826 Posted: 11:23:30 25/03/2016
Enamels? Pretty sure that won't last very long. Wish I remembered exqctly why though, Phoenix_Lord's warnings about enamel paint on Skylanders stopped many pages ago already.
---
#1827 Posted: 12:23:24 25/03/2016
I found the paint to be tacky and it would even peel off like some kind of rubber sheet, which is why I sealed it with the glaze. At least it's better than the Apple Barrel stuff. The glaze seems to have fixed the problems, at least for the month Spyro's been sealed.
---
#1828 Posted: 12:38:48 25/03/2016
Oh, sealing definately helps. But I'd look for better quality acryllics in future projects, those go a long way and can be used for both figures and paintings if you make them last.
---
#1829 Posted: 23:02:08 27/03/2016
What type of paint would you recommend for painting Skylanders? I was thinking of painting mine since I don't play the game anymore. I was thinking of citadel paints, the ones used for warhammer figures. Also what size brush would be a good one?
---
#1830 Posted: 23:10:43 27/03/2016
Brands I can't help you with because my country has entirely different ones and I use too much in class for importing to be worth it. But brush size, go for the smallest you can use. I use a size 1 since I'm super clumsy and I don't think it'll last for much longer(didn't treat it was well the first year starting out), and as soon as I have some spare money I'm getting a size 0. The details in the figures are very tiny, especially faces, and fixing it with anything bigger can ruin the entire paintjob since acryllics just peel off if you try to use nails and whatnot to remove excess. It'll stay on its own fine but it does that so you can clean it off clothes and whatnot a little too well.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:11:14 27/03/2016 by Bifrost
RaymanTwilight Blue Sparx Gems: 947
#1831 Posted: 18:02:47 29/03/2016
Here's my Cynder repaint.

[User Posted Image]

I don't have any paints, so I used nail polish. It actually works pretty good.
#1832 Posted: 19:49:47 29/03/2016
I've been planning on making a few more customs based on the Spyro series. Here's a couple things I'm planning to do:

Flame from A Hero's Tail: S1 Spyro figure
Cynder with her ANB/TEN colors: S1 Cynder figure (I quite like the larger head on S1 Cynder, it reminds me of her head on her younger self in TLoS.)
Red from A Hero's Tail: S2 Spyro, possibly using clay to add parts on to it.

I'd also love to paint an Ember, but I can't find a Skylander to resemble her face. If I ever get round to doing these then I'll post 'em sometime.
---
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2989
#1833 Posted: 20:14:57 29/03/2016
Quote: Spyro Lover122

I'd also love to paint an Ember, but I can't find a Skylander to resemble her face. If I ever get round to doing these then I'll post 'em sometime.

What about Spry?
#1834 Posted: 20:22:20 29/03/2016
Quote: 4inCreation
What about Spry?

Hmm, that might just work. I'll have to see what I can do, thanks. smilie
---
#1835 Posted: 07:21:32 30/03/2016
Brands I can't help you with because my country has entirely different ones and I use too much in class for importing to be worth it. But brush size, go for the smallest you can use. I use a size 1 since I'm super clumsy and I don't think it'll last for much longer(didn't treat it was well the first year starting out), and as soon as I have some spare money I'm getting a size 0. The details in the figures are very tiny, especially faces, and fixing it with anything bigger can ruin the entire paintjob since acryllics just peel off if you try to use nails and whatnot to remove excess. It'll stay on its own fine but it does that so you can clean it off clothes and whatnot a little too well.

Quote: Drawdler
^ I like those colours better than the official palette, tbh, especially the silver markings on the head.

I used to use Sharpies and those looked pretty good too, but eventually got sticky and coated in dust I couldn't get off. Well, except the Portals I customised (I guess the Sharpies didn't have the same issue on the Portals' plastic?).
And funny story, once someone sent me two customs: one without sealant and one with it. I still have both, but the one with sealant is actually much worse off- I think it was applied or mixed badly or something because it's sticky and if you remove any dust stuck on it, some of the paint peels off too. Shame, I really liked that Fright Rider.

I don't really have the time to try doing customs anymore, but those are nice memories.

Also, I forgot to say it earlier, but Dragon Chompy is adorable. owo

Great thanks guys
---
#1836 Posted: 21:00:50 30/03/2016
One of my first Sculpey creations, a Spyro posed like a certain prototype.
The wings are far thicker than I would've liked and the orange gradient on them is barely there, but I'm mostly happy with how he turned out. He's been glued to a functioning S1 Spyro base to replace the original figure, which had taken quite the beating over three years.
Link to G+ album because the images are BIG
---
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#1837 Posted: 12:37:08 30/04/2016
Had this for a while now,but was waiting until I was done with Bat Spin to take pictures. Who? Bat Spin's bat form,of course!

[User Posted Image]

I had the original plan that if Bat Spin's paintjob was as bad as the legends said I'd just pull her off the base and put the bat instead. Thankfully, she just had some minor plastic bubbles that I could use sandpaper on and paint that,with the bat form already done, I knew how to mix. Looking pretty good now, though the glow-in-the-dark powder reeeaaally didn't mix well with the paint of the skull and now this thing lights up like a candle on the room. Thank Eon the shelf is behind a wall before my bed or she'd be the first one to actually be put in the wardrobe.

Question, are you selling it? I personally wouldnt, that really looks amazing
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
#1838 Posted: 12:45:17 30/04/2016
I've been trying to sell the Chompies(not the Dragon one) for months, so there's no interest. I'm too proud of her in particular to sell - gave me a lot of trouble to fill in some holes that opened up while baking and still turned out amazing.

Actually trying to make some new figures with clay bases lately as they are heavier and less likely to fall over- art course has a professional kiln and I had enough to make two. If those don't explode due to air bubbles, hopefully I'll get working on remaking Golden Queen or doing Grave Clobber and attempt Bad Juju.
---
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#1839 Posted: 16:07:37 30/04/2016
So, I have a spare SC portal of power. Anyone have any suggestions on what colors I should paint it?
---
Dead
#1840 Posted: 20:27:42 30/04/2016
customs-

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
#1841 Posted: 20:33:14 30/04/2016
Looking nice! Though I wouldn't be afraid of removing the excess glue, it's way too visible. If it's pulling from the main effect just cut it out diagonally.
---
#1842 Posted: 11:14:42 02/05/2016
Sunburn's got a few strings on him, but that Flip Wreck is flawless! Nice job there, Zap.
How'd you make the water effects?
---
#1843 Posted: 18:36:35 02/05/2016
Quote: RainbowSkygirl
Sunburn's got a few strings on him, but that Flip Wreck is flawless! Nice job there, Zap.

power blue splatter splasher, night shift, power blue splat.

also.. here's my latest.

[User Posted Image]
#1844 Posted: 18:40:18 02/05/2016

That seems to be hot glue around something that can be removed or disappear in it, like straw or plastic wrapping. I remember a similar one from Jin Saotome's tutorials.
---
#1845 Posted: 13:17:04 05/05/2016
Thank you, ZapNorris. Kirby's looking nice, though you might want to peel off the excess glue on the base. You can see lumps of glue on the red underbase.

Sculpey models of Flynn, Cali and Hugo. Roughly their ingame size relative to the Skylanders. (as in Cali's 2 inches tall like most Cores)
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
Hugo's pose is based off of a prototype, Flynn's is his signature "Boom" pose, and Cali's is what I thought would fit her most.
The rhinestones used for Flynn's goggle lenses look ridiculously tall at certain angles, but they've been superglued on and unless I intend to ruin the entire piece they're not coming off anytime soon.
[User Posted Image]
The cover of Hugo's book has some little runes on it, I tried to copy the runes on the Story Scroll collections screen. There's also lines on the pages but I didn't get a picture. Cali has her head stripes, captured as best as I can here.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:31:50 25/07/2019 by RainbowSkygirl
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#1846 Posted: 19:12:43 05/05/2016
Thank you, ZapNorris. Kirby's looking nice, though you might want to peel off the excess glue on the base. You can see lumps of glue on the red underbase.

Sculpey models of Flynn, Cali and Hugo. Roughly their ingame size relative to the Skylanders. (as in Cali's 2 inches tall like most Cores)
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
Hugo's pose is based off of a prototype, Flynn's is his signature "Boom" pose, and Cali's is what I thought would fit her most.
The rhinestones used for Flynn's goggle lenses look ridiculously tall at certain angles, but they've been superglued on and unless I intend to ruin the entire piece they're not coming off anytime soon.
[User Posted Image]
The cover of Hugo's book has some little runes on it, I tried to copy the runes on the Story Scroll collections screen. There's also lines on the pages but I didn't get a picture. Cali has her head stripes, captured as best as I can here.

Those are amazing! Fantastic job!
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#1847 Posted: 23:10:00 05/05/2016
I love customs made from clay . Thats a lovely finn , Callie and Hugo . Thats also an awesome Batspin bat
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
#1848 Posted: 23:16:42 08/05/2016
Working on something entirely different now. Here are some teasers for what's to come.

"Tech Nothing Trap" Tested and still works.

[User Posted Image]

The other teaser.
Hmm, I seem to need more materials for this to happen...

[User Posted Image]
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:17:04 08/05/2016 by LameLime
First | Previous | Page 37 of 39 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me