Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 3 of 39 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 37 38 39
Show off your CUSTOM FIGURES [STICKY]
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#101 Posted: 00:13:16 03/10/2012
Quote: Lite Kore
Some very nice Skylanders there. I'm currently making some Lightcore Series 1 figures.

There will be more to come. Just don't ask how I did it. ;-)

Cant wait for Ignitor.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#102 Posted: 03:19:57 03/10/2012
But it just looks so much more right. Look at LC Eruptor then look at LC Blue Bash. The light on LC Eruptor looks like a tiny circle whereas Blue Bash's looks like a beacon.
Lite Kore Red Sparx Gems: 74
#103 Posted: 00:33:59 06/10/2012
Here is Lightcore Slam Bam.

Hopefully Ignitor will be next!
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#104 Posted: 01:13:20 06/10/2012
Quote: landbasered
When Fright Rider comes out, I wonder how many people will replace the ostrich skeleton with something else.

Based on the custom Hexs on ebay, we should be seeing Rider riding Smurfs, Angry Girds, Batman, Hex, and Stealth Elf heads.
---
#all Spyros are valid
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#105 Posted: 02:37:33 06/10/2012
Quote: Okaps
Quote: landbasered
When Fright Rider comes out, I wonder how many people will replace the ostrich skeleton with something else.

Based on the custom Hexs on ebay, we should be seeing Rider riding Smurfs, Angry Girds, Batman, Hex, and Stealth Elf heads.

LOL good joke mine gona ride Warnado!
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
#106 Posted: 06:17:29 09/10/2012
Ignitor is done!

chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#107 Posted: 09:05:16 09/10/2012
Cool but a tiny pity that the sword could not light up.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
#108 Posted: 09:14:10 09/10/2012
Do two at once work?
t7gga Yellow Sparx Gems: 1726
#109 Posted: 09:22:47 09/10/2012
Lite Kore it would be really nice if you would be kind enough to share with others how you do this
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:23:03 09/10/2012 by t7gga
Skylandscaper Emerald Sparx Gems: 3966
#110 Posted: 15:38:08 09/10/2012
Quote: t7gga
Lite Kore it would be really nice if you would be kind enough to share with others how you do this

I agree. It would be nice to see other people's creations.
---
WANTED: regular Chompie Mage. Can be loose. We will open and play with it like all of our Skylanders.
#111 Posted: 17:22:34 09/10/2012
I'll post a video of two together fro you Nibelit. :-)

The creators are very protective of the processes they use to bring the magic to life, so I will not divulge anything that may compromise that. I create these Lightcore Skylanders as it is very challenging and I thought people would be interested in my creations.

Some people will not agree with the above but that's my view on the matter.
#112 Posted: 01:30:48 13/10/2012
^ I highly suggest editing that post.

The creators are very protective of the processes they use to bring the magic to life, so I will not divulge anything that may compromise that. I create these Lightcore Skylanders as it is very challenging and I thought people would be interested in my creations.

You should sell them on eBay! You could get a boatload of money for them...
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:32:36 13/10/2012 by Matteomax
SparCrux1101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1898
#113 Posted: 00:25:12 14/10/2012
Quote: Matteomax

People are just going to buy them, take them apart, and make a lot more. i think he wants to avoid that.
---
WTB: Molten Hot dog
c/._.c\ Dancin puddin /b._.\b
#114 Posted: 06:29:44 14/10/2012
Quote: SparCrux1101
Quote: Matteomax

People are just going to buy them, take them apart, and make a lot more. i think he wants to avoid that.

This is exactly my point. I make the Lightcore Series 1 Figures for a challenge. If they were sold on eBay then this would allow people to make them in greater numbers, and I don't think that is fair on the people who created Skylanders. I also think that a lot of work has gone into creating Skylanders, and I respect Toys for Bob and their creations.

I knew when I created Ignitor someone would say "I wish his sword would light up" so I think I have found a way to do this but its going to take some time.
#115 Posted: 00:03:47 15/10/2012
I agree. People would just rip the figure apart and take out the lights, so they could find out how to do this, and other companies could steal that valuable info.
---
#116 Posted: 00:35:21 15/10/2012
They are going to do that in a week anyway.
---
WANTED: regular Chompie Mage. Can be loose. We will open and play with it like all of our Skylanders.
Bean Sprout Blue Sparx Gems: 893
#117 Posted: 00:37:55 15/10/2012
They are made with LED lights that are powered by RF energy, I believe.
---
"No, John. It is pretty weird that ghosts have to pee."
zook it up Gold Sparx Gems: 2241
#118 Posted: 21:36:24 16/10/2012
since i got photo bucket here is a pic of my punch ignitor standing next too a ork weird boy from warhammer

http://i1303.photobucket.com/a...zps39ad9d20.jpg
---
Green Bean Machine
sfaiella Blue Sparx Gems: 821
#119 Posted: 00:02:50 17/10/2012
Hey guys, just finished this. Didnt want to wait on Giants articulation. I have pics from the process and the finished product, let me know what you think!
[User Posted Image]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#120 Posted: 19:41:24 22/10/2012
Quote: sfaiella
Hey guys, just finished this. Didnt want to wait on Giants articulation. I have pics from the process and the finished product, let me know what you think!
[User Posted Image]

Drobot exploded smilie !
---
THE END IS NEAR
WUMBOSIMPSON Yellow Sparx Gems: 1424
#121 Posted: 08:26:30 25/10/2012
So, RF energy huh? Google time.
---
cry baby, I am
Jin Saotome Green Sparx Gems: 383
#122 Posted: 17:50:05 29/10/2012
Ready for something completely different? Here's my first Elemental Portal of Power! This Xbox 360 Undead Portal of Power was created from a first gen Skylanders portal with the lighted side symbols. It works with both Skylanders and Skylanders Giants games and the new figures. The large skeletal hands that come from the bone wall are fully jointed and can hold Skylanders and items. There's two pillars to put items or figures on and a bone wall jutting up from the back. I added a custom sculpted Undead Symbol to the front and gave the whole thing a brand new black and purple paint job. Add some finishing touches like the skull piles and the Undead now have their very own portal!

For more pics check out the undead portal RIGHT HERE!]

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:51:45 29/10/2012 by Jin Saotome
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#123 Posted: 18:25:36 29/10/2012
Jin, that's freaking amazing. Now you know of course you have to do ones for all of the elements right? haha

What are those arms from? They look familiar to me.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#124 Posted: 06:49:07 30/10/2012
Quote: spyroflame0487
Jin, that's freaking amazing. Now you know of course you have to do ones for all of the elements right? haha

What are those arms from? They look familiar to me.

They're actually 'salad tongs' from Target's halloween section, heh. Had to cut them up and articulate them.
#125 Posted: 06:51:52 30/10/2012
And now for two new custom Skylanders!

Legendary Bouncer is my first Skylanders Giants custom mod! His wheel doesn't leave a lot to balance so I left him on the base, a small sacrifice. But where he doesn't have legs he makes up in firepower! Bouncer has twp bounce-shot finger attachments and full arm articulation. His head is ball jointed and now his mouth as well as his eyes/chest glow with the LightCore feature! Still need to take out some baddies? Bouncer's shoulder pads flip up and you can attach missiles to them now for added destruction. Probably my favorite Giant so far, Bouncer is one robot you don't want to mess with!

More pics here---> Legendary Bouncer

[User Posted Image]

-----------------------------------------

The Hidden Dragon Treasure from the Skylanders Pirate Seas Adventure set is one of the best items in the game. But the chest was so tiny and didn't float, it just kinda sat there on the item base. Here I've gone and completely redone it! The larger hinged-lid chest is from some pirate toy set and has a removable inner treasure base. I attached posts with jewels and treasure to mimic it spewing out loot when you found it! The wings came from a How to Train your Dragon figure and the head is from a Skylanders Spyro. Now the Dragon Treasure floats above your figures and still works with the game!

More pics here---> Dragon Treasure

[User Posted Image]
#126 Posted: 07:25:55 30/10/2012

Quote: Skylandscaper

My next project is taking apart a Lightcore and seeing how the LED is wired into the chip, what wattage it is, and posting a full guide so EVERYONE can do this. If the power the portal is giving off is sufficient enough I'll test small motors and other electrical devices. I'd like to make a little spinning air-cloud in front of Jet-vac's gun or something to that effect.

But rest assured I'll make sure a complete guide is available to everyone who wants to do this with a full tool and parts list.
#127 Posted: 07:50:18 30/10/2012
Quote:
My next project is taking apart a Lightcore and seeing how the LED is wired into the chip, what wattage it is, and posting a full guide so EVERYONE can do this.

Yes, TRU? I'd like to place an order for eight hundred and ninety seven Sprocket Single Packs and just over a thousand LightCore Prism Break and Drobot singles each.
Bean Sprout Blue Sparx Gems: 893
#128 Posted: 13:26:55 30/10/2012
That is amazing, Jin!
---
"No, John. It is pretty weird that ghosts have to pee."
MakitaJay Green Sparx Gems: 417
#129 Posted: 13:50:12 30/10/2012
Thanks for your kind comments. As with the Series 2 Lightcore Skylanders it works using the RF energy given off by the Portal of Power.

I am planning to do the following Series 1 figures:

Ignitor
Slambam
Warnado
Double Trouble
Lightning Rod

I'll post more videos as I create them.

Do warnado next.
---
1-1-6 Best of the Best.

isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#130 Posted: 16:35:19 30/10/2012
WARNADO! Can't wait to see what lights up!
Techno geek Red Sparx Gems: 14
#131 Posted: 20:57:46 30/10/2012
I have to say I wouldn't paint a skylander if it were my only one for I would want to keep my collection complete....BUT I would only reccomend doing that if you had any doubles. Unfortunately I don't have any doubles, I once did though but I sold them to gamestation. (a video game shop). One question though, am I the only person in this forum that recommends that?smilie
---
Leader of the skylanders team.SSA 37/37 SG 14/57
#132 Posted: 22:26:52 30/10/2012
Quote: isaac343018s
WARNADO! Can't wait to see what lights up!

Most likely his tornado he sits on.
---
1-1-6 Best of the Best.

Sammi89 Blue Sparx Gems: 581
#133 Posted: 23:19:58 30/10/2012
Jin, you are some sort of wizard! Amazing stuff smilie
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#134 Posted: 00:48:54 31/10/2012
Quote: Jin Saotome

My next project is taking apart a Lightcore and seeing how the LED is wired into the chip, what wattage it is, and posting a full guide so EVERYONE can do this. If the power the portal is giving off is sufficient enough I'll test small motors and other electrical devices. I'd like to make a little spinning air-cloud in front of Jet-vac's gun or something to that effect.

But rest assured I'll make sure a complete guide is available to everyone who wants to do this with a full tool and parts list.

Lightcore Flashwing is a GO!
#135 Posted: 12:10:19 31/10/2012
Quote: ZapNorris
Quote: Jin Saotome

Lightcore Flashwing is a GO!

That would look amazing. Cant wait for that video on how to make them.
---
1-1-6 Best of the Best.

#136 Posted: 13:08:20 31/10/2012
I look forward to your guide Jin. Some of the work you do is really good.

As explained before I was never going to reveal how it was done before the product came out as I didn't' want any unwarranted attention from Activision. The guy who took one apart before was hit hard by Activision's lawyers and so was the forum he visited. I would never want to bring that to the Dark Spyro forums.

I won't be taking any Lightcore figures apart because I don't need to. I made the figures as a challenge and as a surprise for my kid, I didn't' make them for money or my own personal gain.

If people have an issue with the above then so be it.

Good luck with the dicection Jin.
#137 Posted: 02:19:41 01/11/2012
I look forward to your guide Jin. Some of the work you do is really good.

As explained before I was never going to reveal how it was done before the product came out as I didn't' want any unwarranted attention from Activision. The guy who took one apart before was hit hard by Activision's lawyers and so was the forum he visited. I would never want to bring that to the Dark Spyro forums.

I won't be taking any Lightcore figures apart because I don't need to. I made the figures as a challenge and as a surprise for my kid, I didn't' make them for money or my own personal gain.

If people have an issue with the above then so be it.

Good luck with the dicection Jin.

Taking apart a portal to cheat at the game and making a figure that lights up are entirely two different things. Activision only went after the guy with a Cease and Desist because it could show how to mod the portal for ingame use. That's like someone hacking their Xbox for Halo 4 so they can beat everyone online. Adding lights to the figure doesn't change anything ingame or alter the program.
xerokills Yellow Sparx Gems: 1181
#138 Posted: 18:19:01 02/11/2012
Here is my current auction that is up...It isn't Jin...and no articulations...but take a look and bid if you feel so inclined smilie http://www.ebay.com/itm/230875448491

Zombee Swarm. Now if only he'd show up in game like that... smilie
---
"I'm disgusted, and repulsed, and...I can't look away..."
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#139 Posted: 14:28:27 03/11/2012
This is going to sound like a travesty (probably because it is?) but I would have been sorely tempted to hack off one of his antennae to make him look a bit ragged?

Don't get me wrong - he looks fantastic. I just like zombie to have some bits missing to demonstrate decay...
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:29:25 03/11/2012 by chaosworrier
#140 Posted: 16:33:26 03/11/2012
Chaos, I thought about this, but I didn't want to mess with the integrity of the figure itself. This one was purely cosmetic with paint. I am doing 2 more of them. In the next one, I will add some manipulation to the actual figure. I thought about carving out gashes and wounds. I guess I will make them an evolution. I wanted him also to have a menacing feel. Almost to the point of being a super powered Swarm/Zombie. More along the lines of the fantasy Nazi engineered zombies. I mean...why else would he have the red symbol painted on his back. I don't know...there's a lot of stuff you could do. The goal for my 3rd and final is a fully articulated one with arm and leg joints made by 3D printing and it will be removeable from the base.
---
#141 Posted: 21:57:15 03/11/2012
How about teeth marks or a bite in Swarm's arm/leg to show how he turned zombie?
---
#142 Posted: 01:19:58 04/11/2012
next one I do will have it Skylandscaper. The next one... smilie
---
SpyraArtisan Blue Sparx Gems: 609
#143 Posted: 03:10:59 06/11/2012
I just used my metallic, gold sharpie on my Series 1 Spyro. I colored his back/head frills, part of his wings (not the webbing), his chest/underbelly/undertail scales, and claws. smilie
SparCrux1101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1898
#144 Posted: 03:46:52 06/11/2012
Quote: Techno geek
I have to say I wouldn't paint a skylander if it were my only one for I would want to keep my collection complete....BUT I would only reccomend doing that if you had any doubles. Unfortunately I don't have any doubles, I once did though but I sold them to gamestation. (a video game shop). One question though, am I the only person in this forum that recommends that?smilie

yeah, i always thought that was the best thing to do, only modify a skylander if you have a double, but really, a self-painted skylander looks a lot better displayed than having a few extra bucks in your wallet.
---
WTB: Molten Hot dog
c/._.c\ Dancin puddin /b._.\b
#145 Posted: 05:19:56 06/11/2012
Ready for the next batch?

SPROCKET WITH TURRET!

Tech Elemental Portal of Power!

Pop Fizz with exploding potions!

Chill with Ice sword, even tho she doesn't have one in game!

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
skyoutube Green Sparx Gems: 497
#146 Posted: 12:08:56 06/11/2012
OMG THAT IS SO FLIPPIN AWESOME
Thumpterra12 Ripto Gems: 120
#147 Posted: 12:39:36 06/11/2012
1 word. AWESOME. i painted my prism break gold w/ silver eyes and silver/clear crystals.
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#148 Posted: 14:02:57 06/11/2012
POST LINKS FOR EBAY
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#149 Posted: 14:13:00 06/11/2012
Jin, Nibelilt's gonna kill you.
#150 Posted: 14:24:18 06/11/2012
Quote: ZapNorris
Jin, Nibelilt's gonna kill you.

Ssssssh, you're scaring him away. smilie
First | Previous | Page 3 of 39 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 37 38 39

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me