Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 28 of 39 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 37 38 39
Show off your CUSTOM FIGURES [STICKY]
thunder1648 Blue Sparx Gems: 703
#1351 Posted: 21:20:06 15/01/2014
Quote: paintskylanders

My son would love the dalmation one. He loves hot dog in the first place so any variant to him gets saying "I want"
tweak_four17 Green Sparx Gems: 247
#1352 Posted: 02:49:14 16/01/2014
[User Posted Image]
Orange Crush Pop Fizz
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#1353 Posted: 16:02:57 16/01/2014
That looks awesome! Keep up the good work!
---
words. letters. filler.
nomad Red Sparx Gems: 76
#1354 Posted: 21:15:02 18/01/2014
thanks for the comments and great job on people making there customs
i never liked the bonze look they gave blast zone so i gave him a makeover
[User Posted Image]
skylander custom Blast Zone by NoMaD's Customs, on Flickr

free ranger being one of my favorites i had to make his look pop more.
[User Posted Image]
skylanders custom free ranger by NoMaD's Customs, on Flickr

i think he has more of a dramatic look now.[User Posted Image]
skylanders custom free ranger by NoMaD's Customs, on Flickr
.[User Posted Image]
skylanders custom Free Ranger by NoMaD's Customs, on Flickr

even though he is an old figure still love this guy and finally got around to him, i think his dynamite looked a little boring so i made them stand out more.[User Posted Image]
skylanders custom boomer by NoMaD's Customs, on Flickr[User Posted Image]
skylanders custom Boomer by NoMaD's Customs, on Flickr.

and finally lightcore countdown, love the way he looks now even though he already looked pretty great.[User Posted Image]
skylanders custom Count down by NoMaD's Customs, on Flickr.
[User Posted Image]
skylanders custom count down by NoMaD's Customs, on Flickr
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:16:16 18/01/2014 by nomad
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#1355 Posted: 21:50:44 18/01/2014
Great work! I love the Countdown!
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#1356 Posted: 22:55:48 18/01/2014
What are you using for the flames? Looks really cool!
nomad Red Sparx Gems: 76
#1357 Posted: 18:25:57 19/01/2014
thanks matteomax
and for the flames i used hot glue, let it dry and you get that effect
best part is its bendable so i can pose it shooting in any direction.
Kartoonkid91 Blue Sparx Gems: 730
#1358 Posted: 02:24:18 21/01/2014
What kind if paint do you guys use to paint these guys? And how did you color and apply the flames to Countdown?
---
Looking for: Glitter (Pearl) Hot Head, Silver E3 Spyro, E3 Hot Dog.
LloydDXZX Yellow Sparx Gems: 1637
#1359 Posted: 19:46:38 24/01/2014
Those are all awesome!
---
Imaginators is making it revive.
Tyranitar77 Blue Sparx Gems: 925
#1360 Posted: 03:53:17 28/01/2014
Quote: Pyrofer
This one is a solid Resin cast, the original "test" of the mold was Ice. It melted smilie

I only have the photo to remember him by! Hence, this one.

I have lots of tips!!!

Do people want a guide on casting resin? There is a lot of info, and I warn you it isn't cheap!!!

I Used a load of 2 part Liquid Silicone to make a mold.

1) Simply put Eruptor in a box and pour the mixed silicone over him SLOWLY. Stand him at the bottom of the box and make sure the silicone completely covers him and also goes about 1cm above his highest feature.
It may help to stick him down with Blu-tak/Plasticine or something so Silicone doesn't leak under him.

2) Let set.

3) Carefully with a super sharp knife cut around the edge of the figure to separate the mold into ALMOST two halves.
Start at the bottom, by the base which should be visible outside the silicone and work down till you are about 2cm away from the "top" of the mold where his hands are.

4) Do step 3 on both sides and carefully pry the mold apart, using the knife cut the section between his legs free.

5) Pull the mold apart (not completely!) and gently wiggle Eruptor out of the mold.

6) let Gently fit back together again, replace it in the box upside down so the hole for the base is now at the top.

Next, casting.

Mix Resin (That is a whole 'nother story!) and slowly pour into the mold.
Tip the mold around as you do so to get rid of air pockets, some of these are VERY hard to get rid of without cutting extra air channels. Pour about 30% of the resin in and tip the mold around a lot then a bit more, repeat until full.
When I say full Fill until the resin reaches the bottom of the BASE of the figure, not your stick down material. There should be a little gap left at the top so it doesn't overflow.

I pushed an actual RFID chip into the bottom about 1mm before I finished filling, so the chip is encased inside the resin. Only do this if you have a spare RFID chip from a Skylander smilie
It helps to let the resin set a bit so its gooey before putting the rfid chip in, don't try to push it down, simply pour more resin over the top of it.

Let set.

Carefully remove Resin from mold, shouldn't require cutting.

There are many youtube guides to doing all parts of this.

I would love to see a video of how this is done
---
Have 4 pumpkin fright rider nip 1 QuickDraw rattleshake
paintskylanders Blue Sparx Gems: 657
#1361 Posted: 04:25:54 28/01/2014
http://i1288.photobucket.com/a...zps3dce1e08.jpg
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:28:21 28/01/2014 by paintskylanders
j32bass Yellow Sparx Gems: 1842
#1362 Posted: 01:39:41 01/02/2014
Here is the one and only (as far as I know) Lightcore Hyperbeam Prism Break. He looks better in person, can't get a good shot of him on camera.

[User Posted Image]

---
Thinkin' 'bout droppin' out.
LloydDXZX Yellow Sparx Gems: 1637
#1363 Posted: 14:02:51 01/02/2014
Quote: j32bass
Here is the one and only (as far as I know) Lightcore Hyperbeam Prism Break. He looks better in person, can't get a good shot of him on camera.

[User Posted Image]

And why did you put it in the CUSTOM section?
---
Imaginators is making it revive.
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#1364 Posted: 14:06:25 01/02/2014
Quote: LloydDXZX

[User Posted Image]

And why did you put it in the CUSTOM section?

He made it lightcore.
---
Failinhearts Gold Sparx Gems: 2376
#1365 Posted: 14:07:58 01/02/2014
Uuuuh, because it is a custom?
---
SSA: 37/37. SG: 61/62. SSF: 73/75 STT: 42/78
Have left this forum, who knows if I'll come back...
A believer of Jesus Christ
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#1366 Posted: 14:40:44 02/02/2014
@j32bass the Sky Diamond in that pic is making me think you should try to make a LightCore of that, too. smilie
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#1367 Posted: 16:22:49 03/02/2014
Very cool j32bass, well done smilie ...What size/type LED's did you use?...i was wanting to do the same thing to my Hyperbeam Prism Break. smilie
Please share with us how you tolk him apart to put the LED's in with out braking the RFID chip...im really having a hard time getting the base cap off.
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#1368 Posted: 19:18:14 03/02/2014
Quote: Arc of Archives
@j32bass the Sky Diamond in that pic is making me think you should try to make a LightCore of that, too. smilie

- - -
Donatron Green Sparx Gems: 494
#1369 Posted: 19:50:28 03/02/2014

I've found that the HDR setting of my phone's camera (Nexus 5) works very well for these kind of shots.
---
Activate: Donatron | Xbox Live: The Donatron
SSA: 32/32 | SG: 16/16 | SSF: 28/32
#1370 Posted: 01:23:23 04/02/2014
Quote: Phoenix_Lord
Very cool j32bass, well done smilie ...What size/type LED's did you use?...i was wanting to do the same thing to my Hyperbeam Prism Break. smilie
Please share with us how you tolk him apart to put the LED's in with out braking the RFID chip...im really having a hard time getting the base cap off.

Thanks for the comments guys!
Well, to tell the truth the blue base has a big split in it if you look at the bottom, but the orange base came off clean. The secret is to get the figure off first. Usually there are pegs under the feet and there is a hole already in LCPB's base for the wires. When you get to this point drill a hole on the other side as well under where the foot used to be, (do NOT drill the RFID chip) and try to angle it towards the edge of the base plate a little.You have to be VERY careful not to scratch or puncture the sensitive RFID chip inside, but i used one of my smaller drill bits in the hole, then hold the base upside down with a wash cloth over it and a pair of channel locks to grip the outside of the base. The wash cloth prevents the teeth of the channel locks from damaging the base. Then I simply hold the drill bit with one hand and the channel locks with the other and "bang" the drill bit down onto the table like a hammer a little at a time on each side until the plate pops off. I only did one side and did it too hard on the blue base and a break in half was the result. For the LED's I just looked at the ones that came out and then grabbed the same sized ones from work in a couple of different colors to see what worked best. White was bright like green lightcore, but the color was no longer red on the crystals. I think they are just 3.5 volt LED's. I will say that when two LED's are used the brightness goes down just a little on both, but one LED alone is brighter. I twisted the arms off of HBPB at the shoulder and the elbow, then drilled holes to run the wires through. On LCPB, you have to separate his torso with a small flat head screwdriver wherever you can get a foothold without tweaking the plastic. I can't remember how I got his hands off, but I think they came off clean and easy. Make sure you have heat shrink tubing, wire strippers, and you are prepared to solder. Good luck to anyone who wants to give it a go, it takes patience and being very cautious!
---
Dark Bro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4514
#1371 Posted: 14:45:23 06/02/2014
Should i costumize?
---
"The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
Mewtwo - Pokemon:The First Movie
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#1372 Posted: 07:29:04 08/02/2014
I finally had enough free/quiet time to get some progress on an articulated Sunburn! He is still a WIP, I plan on adding a hinge on the wrists, fixing that one toe that's bent over, and giving him a full repaint. But enough is done to be posted for now.
This Sunburn was bought from Taobao, he did not come with a green base or RFID chip and his paint was pretty scuffed.
This is my first time making a custom in this way.
Larger images here: http://imgur.com/a/jOeey
Wall of pictures and text below:
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
For the articulation, I used 4mm and 6mm Revoltech joints. This is where I ordered them:
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=TOL-2529
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=TOL-0453
They constantly seem go on backorder/sold out, so you have to watch for restocks especially if you want a certain style.
If you're unfamiliar with Revoltech toys, they use the exact same joints (but in different colors to match the toy). The joints are not glued in - they fit in the plastic parts tightly so they can swivel and bend. The size measurement is for the ball, not the peg. The 4mm joints have a smaller peg while the larger sizes all have the same size peg.

If you want to make a custom in this way, always measure first and use safety precautions! If this is your first try doing this, don't use anything you'll either regret destroying or cost you more than you're okay with buying again in case you mess up badly. Use safety glasses when drilling. Drill holes and test their fit on a cheapo toy with a similar type of plastic that you don't mind ruining for the sake of science (I used small plastic dinosaurs for this). When you drill, use a strong clamp/clip (not a wimpy potato chip clip) to hold the small pieces in place. Skylanders are tiny, you don't want to hold a little teeny arm and risk accidentally drilling through it into your fingers!

Some things of note:

• I tried to use Acetone to melt the glue around his feet (I wouldn't have tried this on a working toy in case it may damage the RFID chip). The right foot popped out easily but the left one was glued in extremely well. I ended up cutting it out. Heating seems like the best way to unglue pieces without cutting. This is why his feet have large areas of paint loss.
  • The joints are pretty loose and can fall out too easily, I hope painting/sealing will fix this problem. I originally used the 4mm joints on the wings but they were too heavy to support them so I had to use the 6mm ones.
  • I used a 5/64" dremel drill bit for the 4mm joints and 7/64" dremel drill bit for the 6mm joints, they were the best-fitting for what I had in my little drill bit set. Like noted above, the 4mm joint has a smaller peg size than the 6mm+ joints.
  • In total, Sunburn used 10 4mm and 2 6mm joints. If you plan on using Revo joints for yourself, it doesn't hurt to buy an extra packet of joints or another size in case you need them.
---
#all Spyros are valid
#1373 Posted: 04:33:26 11/02/2014
Quote: Dark Bro
Should i costumize?

Well you can if you want to....just takes time an patience bro smilie

Nice work there Okaps...he's coming along rather well...and the sayin' is 'measure twice...cut once" smilie
Anyways....been procrastinating on getting the decals done on my Lightcore Epic Ultra Hex(eye brows an eye liners)....finaly got around to doing it...lol. smilie
[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
Just wish the Pearl White showed up better in the photo's....only one that showed up somewhat ok was Epic Ultra Eye-Brawl...maybe it is do to his larger size... smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:40:25 11/02/2014 by Phoenix_Lord
#1374 Posted: 17:22:08 11/02/2014
That hex is sweet!
paintskylanders Blue Sparx Gems: 657
#1375 Posted: 18:19:43 11/02/2014
loving the hex
#1376 Posted: 18:38:43 11/02/2014
Can you post the pictures of her glowing in the dark?
---
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#1377 Posted: 23:56:36 11/02/2014
I'm a fan of customizations in general, but I really like this Epic Ultra series.
Thunder_Cracker Blue Sparx Gems: 811
#1378 Posted: 00:34:51 12/02/2014
That Hex is sweet!
#1379 Posted: 22:43:16 12/02/2014
Nice job on that Hex!
---
Failinhearts Gold Sparx Gems: 2376
#1380 Posted: 14:29:07 14/02/2014
That Hex looks fantastic! I wanna see it lit up!
---
SSA: 37/37. SG: 61/62. SSF: 73/75 STT: 42/78
Have left this forum, who knows if I'll come back...
A believer of Jesus Christ
#1381 Posted: 08:00:45 17/02/2014
Thanks guys....and gals?....lol smilie
She dose look rather cool...if i do say so myself. smilie
Well as some of you asked....here she is under blacklight...
[User Posted Image]

And yes... the skull in her hand..its eyes are glowing also smilie
[User Posted Image]
---
Thunder_Cracker Blue Sparx Gems: 811
#1382 Posted: 15:59:28 17/02/2014
Very Nice Work!
#1383 Posted: 06:32:12 19/02/2014
Since this is the first LightCore that i did the Epic Ultra paint scheme on...figured i should take a pic of her on the protal. smilie
You guys did ask for her to be lit up. smilie
[User Posted Image]

Poinst at sig..▼ ..no.. smilie i still haven't found a second Hyper Beam Prism Break to LightCore.
---
shroom boom Emerald Sparx Gems: 3133
#1384 Posted: 07:27:23 19/02/2014
cool custome i wish i was this talented smilie
---
103 skylanders in total SSA:31/32 SG:26/30 SSF:39/56
Celzon Red Sparx Gems: 25
#1385 Posted: 01:42:00 28/02/2014
I call him terra-kawaii....

He was done for a friend. All I had was lower grade acrylic paint that didn't want to seem to stick well even after base coats He has glitter and rhinestones.
http://i48.photobucket.com/alb...ads/image-1.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/alb...loads/image.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/alb...ads/image-2.jpg
#1386 Posted: 02:22:12 28/02/2014
Ha! Really nice!
---
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#1387 Posted: 04:43:14 20/03/2014
Woah there's some great stuff posted here smilie Here are my two latest custom paint jobs, Silver Glitter Fire Kraken and Gold Smolderdash smilie I'm quite happy with the final results!

[User Posted Image]

For Fire Kraken, I painted the whole figure with white acrylic paint and added some silver glitter powder before the paint was completely dried.
[User Posted Image]

For Smolderdash, I painted the whole figure with white acrylic paint, then I sprayed it with a "Sabotaz 80 Gold Chrome" can. I was able to carefully remove the bubble from the cardboard before doing the paint, so I decided to put Smolderdash back in it after smilie
[User Posted Image]

I think the gold texture is pretty neat, though it is not as yellowish as Employee Prism Break or Dev Team Fire Kraken.
[User Posted Image]

PS: I don't intend to sell and fraud people on eBay; these were just made for fun and I'm keeping them for now.
---
bye
skylander_crazy Green Sparx Gems: 267
#1388 Posted: 13:21:17 20/03/2014
Hey guys, these custom figures look EPIC! I have a few spare Skylanders just chilling and you all have inspired me to try it myself. This has probably been asked already but is it special paint that you use and do you have to strip the original colour first? Thanks smilie
#1389 Posted: 23:10:31 21/03/2014
Quote: skylander_crazy
Hey guys, these custom figures look EPIC! I have a few spare Skylanders just chilling and you all have inspired me to try it myself. This has probably been asked already but is it special paint that you use and do you have to strip the original colour first? Thanks smilie

Yes there is...never use Enamel Paint....sometimes it dries fine, but most of the time it remains tacky....and never dries. Only use Acrylic Paints...
I have a large selection of different brands, but i use Tamiya Color Acrylic Paint the most.

[User Posted Image]

Testors makes Acrylic also, they call there's Model Master Acryl...but look at the bottle carefully...they almost look the same.

[User Posted Image][User Posted Image]

Also ...no you don't need to strip the original paint first.
Have fun with your repaints. smilie
---
skylander_crazy Green Sparx Gems: 267
#1390 Posted: 13:02:41 22/03/2014
Quote: skylander_crazy

Yes there is...never use Enamel Paint....sometimes it dries fine, but most of the time it remains tacky....and never dries. Only use Acrylic Paints...
I have a large selection of different brands, but i use Tamiya Color Acrylic Paint the most.

[User Posted Image]

Testors makes Acrylic also, they call there's Model Master Acryl...but look at the bottle carefully...they almost look the same.

[User Posted Image][User Posted Image]

Also ...no you don't need to strip the original paint first.
Have fun with your repaints. smilie

Thankyou so much Pheonix_Lord, your help was much appreciated smilie can't wait to get started!
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#1391 Posted: 22:39:17 22/03/2014
You might want to strip paint if it's particularly goopy or thick in an area and you don't want that texture to show through the new coat of paint, but it's not a requirement.

If you did want to strip paint, use 100% pure acetone and just wipe the surface with a q-tip or something. It will smear a bit, but you can wipe it a couple times using a new q-tip when the old one has too much paint on it (or it will smear more).
In my experience, nail-polish remover that isn't 100% pure acetone will smear paint more than remove it.
Acetone can be bad for plastic and it can actually dissolve it, so you never want to soak the actual toy in it.
---
#all Spyros are valid
OnionCakes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1810
#1392 Posted: 22:59:13 25/03/2014
Hi guys! I've been looking all over the net lately for custom Camos! I want to make one vut I don't want to copy anyone's....is there just not that many out there? Or am I just dumb and can't find them? ANYWAYS, if you have one could I have a lnik to look at it? Pwease?
---
Check out my boyfriends Skylander ARTWORK
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=108425
http://jacob-a-sweet.tumblr.com/
#1393 Posted: 23:52:18 25/03/2014
No i haven't done a repaint of Camo. Also, your not finding any do to they didn't stock the stores with them like they did the other figures. So you can repaint yours how ever you like. smilie
---
CTFdad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1439
#1394 Posted: 05:01:17 27/03/2014
New to me custom, Dark Cynder. oops forgot to add S3 Cynder in the pic.
[User Posted Image]
---
"Shut up and take my money already!"
BashBigFan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1695
#1395 Posted: 08:38:24 29/03/2014
A very great job.. Hex is one of my favourites and she looks awesome smilie

Quote: Dark Bro
Should i costumize?

Well you can if you want to....just takes time an patience bro smilie

Nice work there Okaps...he's coming along rather well...and the sayin' is 'measure twice...cut once" smilie
Anyways....been procrastinating on getting the decals done on my Lightcore Epic Ultra Hex(eye brows an eye liners)....finaly got around to doing it...lol. smilie
[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
Just wish the Pearl White showed up better in the photo's....only one that showed up somewhat ok was Epic Ultra Eye-Brawl...maybe it is do to his larger size... smilie
shadowfox Platinum Sparx Gems: 5084
#1396 Posted: 15:53:04 29/03/2014
do you guys think it would work to make a thread where we can compile all the information on how to make custom skylanders. Because I want to paint mine in the upcoming future and would like some tips and I notice a lot of people ask how to articulate and how people make the cool effects. Could be a cool sister thread full of information and knowledge
griswoldthunder Gold Sparx Gems: 2953
#1397 Posted: 17:17:23 29/03/2014
I concur with Shadowfox. I am looking to paint some customs with my son in the near future, so a thread of tips would be much appreciated.
shadowfox Platinum Sparx Gems: 5084
#1398 Posted: 18:09:48 29/03/2014
I can make one and manage it, but I have absolutely zero experience with this. It would require a bunch of support from people who know what they are doing and are willing to explain what paint to use,different brushes, step by steps, how to do effects, hopefully pictures. I can go through the 28 pages and pull what information people have posted already, but there would be a lot of gaps to fill. I really hope we can bring out the indie side of skylanders.

Personally, I just want to touch up my skylanders. Like with sunburn and his not painted bottom beak and so the hands arent weapon colored and the weapons arent hand colored etc.

The topic could easily be sub classified into
Paint
Articulation
LED Lights
Accessories
Flocking
Spray Paint
Misc

and anything else that people would want, maybe even "make your owns"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:35:34 29/03/2014 by shadowfox
CTFdad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1439
#1399 Posted: 04:17:09 30/03/2014
Had a spare Free Ranger.

[User Posted Image]
---
"Shut up and take my money already!"
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#1400 Posted: 08:35:19 30/03/2014
That picture looks EPIC!
---
First | Previous | Page 28 of 39 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 37 38 39

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me