Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The All-Purpose Mario Topic!
First | Previous | Page 14 of 18 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
The All-Purpose Mario Topic! [CLOSED]
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#651 Posted: 16:26:25 02/12/2013
Punch Out!! should make a return.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#652 Posted: 16:40:00 02/12/2013
Quote: sonicbrawler182
Quote: Felines
I am thinking that, with all the technology and the easiness it is to communicate with people from far away, people like Miyamoto can accept ideas from people to create something new, something similar to what we all do with RPs... oh but with so many people, that may prove difficult.

No, it'd prove difficult because Miyamoto is a very stubborn man who tends to be someone who gives out orders rather than listen to ideas.

How can you be certain? Have you seen him in action or something, or just a guess?
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#653 Posted: 18:45:30 02/12/2013
I am thinking that, with all the technology and the easiness it is to communicate with people from far away, people like Miyamoto can accept ideas from people to create something new, something similar to what we all do with RPs... oh but with so many people, that may prove difficult.

No, it'd prove difficult because Miyamoto is a very stubborn man who tends to be someone who gives out orders rather than listen to ideas.

How can you be certain? Have you seen him in action or something, or just a guess?

While the man is a genius and I would gladly accept HELP and ADVICE from him in my own career in video games design, Miyamoto isn't the "I'll leave you with some helpful advice and let you make your own decisions" type, at least not anymore. Now, he's more the "I will take over your project and make you rebuild it from scratch if I don't like it" type.

The most recent example of this is Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. The game was initially quite different, according to reports, and paid even more homage to A Link to the Past than it does now. But when Miyamoto was shown quite a long time's worth of work, he didn't like it, saying that it felt like they were making a game that was 20 years old. So he basically made them rebuild the project from scratch.

I don't doubt that this was a good move from a designer's standpoint. The final product is probably better than what the team initially set out to make. But FORCING them to build it from the GROUND UP, after them putting so much work in already? That's overkill.

And of course, I don't like his attitude towards F-Zero and Star Fox at all either. Literally the only reason we haven't gotten another game in either franchise is because he's basically being a spoiled brat about them.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#654 Posted: 22:39:12 02/12/2013
Speaking of Domo Arigato Mr Miyamoto,
Lemme tell y'all a story.
Once Upon a time, Rareware, a magical group of people, decided to make a game about 2 foxes, one male and one female, on a planet of dinosaurs. The player would be able to switch between the two by using a amulet that both foxes had. One day, A man from a place called Nintendo named Mr Miyamoto who was the boss of Rareware, wanted to put his own character in it. This character was also a fox, who was also named Fox, but there was one problem. Fox was a space pilot. Mr Miyamoto gave them no other choice, so they put Fox in the game and made it about Fox on a dinosaur planet. They pub;lished the game, and the game did very poorly. Mr Miyamoto was mad, and he sold Rareware to an evil king named Bill Gates and his company, Microsoft. Bill Gates ran Rareware to the ground and condemned them to an eternity of making Kinect games, so most of rareware left, leaving a dry husk of a great group of great people.
So because of Miyamoto, we never got a real Banjo-Threeie like we were promised at the end of Tooie.
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
#655 Posted: 02:18:39 03/12/2013
Wow, I didn't know all that. He is strict alright. Do you think after so much time making videogames he reached to the point where he demands perfection? sonicbrawler182, you said that he wasn't like that before, so you think this is all getting too much into his head? It certainly seems like that. His games are still great, but having others overworked is unfair, I admit it. Maybe he is getting too perfectionist?
---
#656 Posted: 18:21:13 03/12/2013
Honestly, I just can't understand him at this point. I'm not saying he's Hitler or anything. I'm sure he's a nice guy in general. But regarding actual game design, he has some very questionable views, and does some very questionable things. His attitude regarding the F-Zero and StarFox franchises is what bothers me the most, as it feels outright childish.
---
#657 Posted: 18:27:43 03/12/2013
What's wrong with F-Zero and StarFox that bothers you? Has he given up on both franchises or something?
---
#658 Posted: 19:46:27 03/12/2013
Quote:
"Hey Miyamoto, where's our new F-Zero?"
"lol i cant think of what to do with it i mean its so hard to innovate this franchise? also get stuffed if you think im givin it to seega, fzero gx was atrocious. PLEASE UNDERSTAND"

- - -
---
#659 Posted: 20:57:51 03/12/2013
Are you quoting him, or just something you read?
---
#660 Posted: 21:25:08 03/12/2013
I'm quoting myself from the last page, where I parodied something Miyamoto actually said (he basically said the same thing in a more poilte manner).
---
#661 Posted: 21:32:40 03/12/2013
Oh, I understand now. Still... if Miyamoto doesn't have any bright ideas on how to continue the series, it's better if he leaves it in it's former glory than making something that would disappoint it's fans don't you think?
---
#662 Posted: 23:33:38 03/12/2013
Oh, I understand now. Still... if Miyamoto doesn't have any bright ideas on how to continue the series, it's better if he leaves it in it's former glory than making something that would disappoint it's fans don't you think?

How hard is it to think to make a new F-Zero or StarFox with online play and HD graphics at 60 FPS? Because those are the only features anyone REALLY wants from a new F-Zero or StarFox, including die hard fans of both games.

But we aren't going to get either because Miyamoto won't think to do this, he doesn't have any other ideas, and he won't let anyone else develop a game in these franchises.

Sega made F-Zero GX (as well as it's arcade counterpart, F-Zero AX), the last F-Zero game released. It was the most successful and well received game in the franchise, by fans especially. However, Miyamoto doesn't like the game because it's "too hard" and not accessible enough. Sega have gone on record saying that they would gladly make another F-Zero if given permission to (and considering Nintendo and Sega's relationship lately, I'm sure they'd be able to combine resources). However, Miyamoto won't let them make one.

In the case of StarFox, a key employee at Platinum Games (I don't remember his name because Japanese names are hard to remember for me unless they are REALLY iconic, like Shigeru Miyamoto) stated that he wishes some Nintendo employees would burst through his door and make him and his team develop a new StarFox game at gunpoint (that is how HE phrased it - he's a die hard StarFox fan). Platinum Games are an excellent developer, and I don't think they've made a bad game. And they have a good relationship with Nintendo lately (The Wonderful 101, Bayonetta 2).

Miyamoto has no good excuses to keep these franchises from flourishing. He's being irrational, selfish, and childish about them.
---
#663 Posted: 00:30:31 04/12/2013
By what you just said, he is being selfish indeed. If the last F-Zero game was that great, but he didn't like it, that is no way an excuse to discontinue it. So the way you put it, the fans don't matter, it's his final opinion that counts. The fans are the priority, so he is indeed making an unnecessary fuss about it. It's not that hard to let others have ideas, if somebody else really wants to continue it smilie
---
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#664 Posted: 00:35:53 04/12/2013
Does Miyamoto make the Kirby games too? Just wondering/worried.
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
#665 Posted: 00:40:24 04/12/2013
Quote: kardonis
Does Miyamoto make the Kirby games too? Just wondering/worried.

No, thankfully he has little involvement with Kirby.
---
#666 Posted: 00:53:30 04/12/2013
bad man don't touch lil Kirby,
Or Else K-man will worry,
So Miyamoto step down,
Let another person take the crown
---
nyeheheheheh

#667 Posted: 01:47:21 04/12/2013
Quote: hardcoreignitor
bad man don't touch lil Kirby,
Or Else K-man will worry,
So Miyamoto step down,
Let another person take the crown

[User Posted Image]

Did someone say crown?
---
#668 Posted: 15:21:30 04/12/2013
He really must learn to share other opinions.
---
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#669 Posted: 21:50:09 10/12/2013
For those interested, Club Nintendo has Super Mario Bros. 2: The Lost Levels for 150 coins. I'm considering it myself.
#670 Posted: 04:17:11 11/12/2013
They should change their games a little more often.
---
Gem-A-Knight Yellow Sparx Gems: 1644
#671 Posted: 08:07:58 12/12/2013
Anyone beaten Super Mario 3D World 100% yet?

Its taken a majorly long time for me. I have everything required, but later you have to start using every character on every stage to get gold stars at the top of every flag pole instead of green ones. I still have to do all the secret worlds and a little bit more of world 8 (or world bowser technically) to get 100% game completion. It's not too difficult as luckily you don't need the characters to reach the top of the flagpole for them to count but it still takes quite a long time.
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#672 Posted: 13:54:23 12/12/2013
There's a trick to easily getting the all character gole.You just need extra controllers.At the end of each level use them to make te characters you need appear in the level and position them so you can click the jump button on all controllers in quick succession to get them all on the flagpole.
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
#673 Posted: 14:22:17 12/12/2013

------
---
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3251
#674 Posted: 20:38:02 12/12/2013
Sweet Jesus this is catchy. 0_0
I'm currently in the 7th World BTW.
Darchangel Blue Sparx Gems: 627
#675 Posted: 20:38:41 18/12/2013
[User Posted Image]
The fact that this is on the official website is hilarious...
---
>N< "Everyone knows I'm in over my head."
I'll Start Trying In September
I-Brawler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3565
#676 Posted: 20:48:59 18/12/2013
Quote: TorchSheep
Sweet Jesus this is catchy. 0_0
I'm currently in the 7th World BTW.

So true.
---
you never saw me
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#677 Posted: 20:51:45 18/12/2013
So, Dr. Luigi is a thing now. It's coming out next year. >.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Darchangel Blue Sparx Gems: 627
#678 Posted: 21:03:29 18/12/2013
Quote: HIR
So, Dr. Luigi is a thing now. It's coming out next year. >.>

Meh, I think Luigi could use some more games, but I don't like the idea of him stealing Mario's.
They should do something original like Luigi's Mansion. A new Dr. Mario game might of been nice, but this kinda just spits in the series' face, IMAO.

That said, I want Dr. Luigi as a costume in SSBU/3DS And some funny Dr. Luigi comics.
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
---
>N< "Everyone knows I'm in over my head."
I'll Start Trying In September
#679 Posted: 19:38:15 21/12/2013
Just finished the game and unlocked Rosalina. Her ability is really quite useful. ^.^ Can't put my finger on what it reminds me of, maybe a less broken version of Blaze's fire jump thingy from Sonic '06. :S

Pretty decent game, I'd obviously have preferred a new Galaxy-like game, but for what the game is, it's pretty good.
Yoshi Emerald Sparx Gems: 3062
#680 Posted: 21:23:22 21/12/2013
I hope I get 3D World for Christmas!
---
Wow
Such signature
#681 Posted: 21:42:39 21/12/2013
At the expense of sounding even more of a Galaxy fanboy, I think Galaxy has my favorite VG soundtrack ever at the moment. I seriously love nearly every song in the game. ^.^ Gusty Garden, Good Egg, Space Junk, Bowser Battle, Buoy Base and Melty Molten are some of my favorite songs ever, so yeah...
#682 Posted: 23:03:55 21/12/2013
[User Posted Image]
lol....
---
nyeheheheheh

Gem-A-Knight Yellow Sparx Gems: 1644
#683 Posted: 23:32:17 21/12/2013

------

Too late. I already 100% the game the hard way. D:
#684 Posted: 23:48:22 21/12/2013
Looks like this forum has been getting a lot of attention since Super Mario 3D World came. I would have asked for that game if it wasn't for the Wii U. Oh well, I did asked for Dream Team for Christmas. I just hope its a worthy sequel to that amazing Mario & Luigi trilogy.
---
#685 Posted: 23:52:01 21/12/2013
Looks like this forum has been getting a lot of attention since Super Mario 3D World came. I would have asked for that game if it wasn't for the Wii U. Oh well, I did asked for Dream Team for Christmas. I just hope its a worthy sequel to that amazing Mario & Luigi trilogy.

BIS was also a great sequel.
FAWFUULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!

"Beef? I am lacking in beef. Fawful is beefless."
---
you never saw me
#686 Posted: 02:09:31 22/12/2013
Speaking of BiS, I just finished replaying it, and I actually struggled a little bit. (I never died though) They should remake it and call it Bowser and the three gremlins that live inside him and help him do amazing feats.
B3GLIHHDAF for short. Fawful is a great villain, and I wish we had more one-time villains like him. (Dimentio, Smithy Gang, uhhhh.....)
---
#687 Posted: 02:18:31 22/12/2013
Speaking of BiS, I just finished replaying it, and I actually struggled a little bit. (I never died though) They should remake it and call it Bowser and the three gremlins that live inside him and help him do amazing feats.
B3GLIHHDAF for short. Fawful is a great villain, and I wish we had more one-time villains like him. (Dimentio, Smithy Gang, uhhhh.....)

Do you know of the gear(box thing) that nullifies small damage?
Or if there is two?
---
you never saw me
#688 Posted: 03:36:18 22/12/2013

It's what the RPGs are for...

Except Dream Team which screwed it up by making Antasma a side-show and focusing on Bowser as the villain. Antasma's battle was far more creative than that stupid Dreamy Bowser fight; more fun too. Antasma's basically the Luigi of Mario series villains.
---
#689 Posted: 05:26:10 22/12/2013

BiS was pretty difficult, but I do believe PiT was far harder. But anyway, in Bis, the fact that Bowser was one of the main characters makes the game so awesome. They should do a game about him alone. Hey, Princess Peach already got her own game, and Shadow from Sega also has his own game, so why not Bowser?
And Fawful, he was such a great villain. So charismatic... and insane smilie
Hey, hasn't anyone noticed that in some franchises, one-time antagonist seemed to be the best villains most of the time? Nintendo tends to do that a lot. I will let you think it through.
---
#690 Posted: 19:30:51 22/12/2013

BiS was quite tough. I remember when I first got it, I was stuck on the Alpha Kretin boss fight.

SS was also very difficult for me.
---
#691 Posted: 04:04:20 23/12/2013
Quote: Matteomax

BiS was quite tough. I remember when I first got it, I was stuck on the Alpha Kretin boss fight.

Dream Team's harder.

In Partners in Time AND Bowser's Inside Story, you could squeak through the game with your basic attacks and somehow still come out on top. In Dream Team, you NEED to be able to successfully use Bros. Items and Luiginary Attacks (especially the Luiginary Attacks) or you're not even getting a third of the way through the game. Some of the bosses are impossible without your special attacks. Of course, it does offer you an easy mode if you screw up enough... <.>
---
#692 Posted: 06:46:27 23/12/2013
I did play a demo of Dream Team, and seems so hard to adapt to those Bros attack. It took me several turns to actually understand how it works. It appears that DT is going to be harder than it's predecessors.
---
#693 Posted: 18:25:57 23/12/2013
Quote: HIR
Quote: Matteomax

Dream Team's harder.

In Partners in Time AND Bowser's Inside Story, you could squeak through the game with your basic attacks and somehow still come out on top. In Dream Team, you NEED to be able to successfully use Bros. Items and Luiginary Attacks (especially the Luiginary Attacks) or you're not even getting a third of the way through the game. Some of the bosses are impossible without your special attacks. Of course, it does offer you an easy mode if you screw up enough... <.>

That seems to be Nintendo nowadays: Helping you if you fail too many times. It's annoying, especially the White Tanooki suit. I want challenges, not help.

At least New Super Luigi U offers a semi-tough challenge with very little help.
---
#694 Posted: 18:45:17 23/12/2013
A Link Between Worlds is particularly hard, and they don't offer you help every time you lose. Don't know too much about the most recent Mario games, but I am aware that Dream Team offers quite a lot of help when you fail too much.
---
#695 Posted: 00:34:46 24/12/2013
Quote: I-Brawler

Or if there is two?

Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous, pretty much any damage under 50 turns to a zero. Just stand there as dark star X unleashes the wave attack, as Luigi takes absolutely nothing. And then Mario dies.
---
#696 Posted: 05:20:57 01/01/2014
Happy Year of Rosalina, I guess!
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:21:16 01/01/2014 by Matteomax
#697 Posted: 11:39:09 01/01/2014
Sweet Jesus, Champion Road is hard. 0_0
#698 Posted: 19:27:44 01/01/2014
Hey now, The Year of Luigi ended. i wonder with what Nintendo will come up with.
---
#699 Posted: 20:02:26 01/01/2014
Quote: I-Brawler

Or if there is two?

Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous, pretty much any damage under 50 turns to a zero. Just stand there as dark star X unleashes the wave attack, as Luigi takes absolutely nothing. And then Mario dies.

I just leave Mario down there while Luigi hangs onto Starlow.
---
you never saw me
#700 Posted: 20:12:17 01/01/2014
Hey now, The Year of Luigi ended. i wonder with what Nintendo will come up with.

The Year of the PLEASE BUY A GOD DAMNED WII U
Or the Year of the PBAGDWU
---
nyeheheheheh

First | Previous | Page 14 of 18 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me