Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The All-Purpose Mario Topic!
First | Previous | Page 12 of 18 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
The All-Purpose Mario Topic! [CLOSED]
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#551 Posted: 00:09:51 29/10/2013
... Nothing.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#552 Posted: 00:11:58 29/10/2013
How about a true story?

[User Posted Image]
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
#553 Posted: 00:19:54 29/10/2013
... Now that one was weird smilie
---
Gem-A-Knight Yellow Sparx Gems: 1644
#554 Posted: 05:38:46 29/10/2013
Sonic is out, now I can obsess about Super Mario 3D World! smilie (Lol)

So, has no one seen this October trailer yet? I didn't find it on this topic. Guess some of us haven't seen it yet!

TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3251
#555 Posted: 19:48:55 13/11/2013
Rosalina confirmed to be the fifth playable character of 'Super Mario 3D World'.

[User Posted Image]

Sweet! ^.^
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#556 Posted: 22:16:50 13/11/2013
Is it just me, or does she look a bit too chunky?
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#557 Posted: 22:38:07 13/11/2013
She's doing the spin attack, which is forcing air into her dress, inflating it smilie
---
words. letters. filler.
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#558 Posted: 22:38:27 13/11/2013
Interesting.
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#559 Posted: 22:50:20 13/11/2013
Hmmmm...Must..resist..urge..to buy..wii u
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
#560 Posted: 22:52:47 13/11/2013
I may be judging a book by its cover, but this game already looks miles better than any of the NSMB games. IMO.
#561 Posted: 01:33:37 14/11/2013
Quote: TacoMakerSkys
She's doing the spin attack, which is forcing air into her dress, inflating it smilie

Well, her face certainly looks different. Ah well. smilie

Here's all-new gameplay, revealing new challenges, levels, and an all-new boss!:
---
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6606
#562 Posted: 01:39:23 14/11/2013
OMG!! I LOVE HER!!!!!!!!!
---
Gay 4 GARcher
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#563 Posted: 03:36:07 14/11/2013
ARRRGHHHH, but I'm not buying a Wii U right now. ;~;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#564 Posted: 05:15:34 14/11/2013
Oh. I actually assumed you were kidding about Rosalina. Wow! That's cool. smilie You can play as two characters you can never use nowadays in a Mario adventure game! I like it. (Peach and Rose)
#565 Posted: 12:59:57 14/11/2013
I never would have expected her as a playable character. She must be far more popular than I thought. She is a likable character, and I loved her role in the Galaxy games, but wow, a playable character so soon.
---
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#566 Posted: 13:02:53 14/11/2013
THAT ROSALINA REVEAL WAS ALL I NEEDED TO WANT THIS GAME DAY ONE.

Rosalina's play style basically makes this game Super Mario Galaxy 3.

All of the other stuff they showed was really cool, too. The Golden Express looks like great fun, as do those Mario Kart levels.

Now Nintendo REALLY needs to add online play.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#567 Posted: 13:15:53 14/11/2013
The online play is a great idea.\, though it wouldn't surprise me if they did it already and we don't know about it smilie
---
#568 Posted: 14:17:56 14/11/2013
Quote: Felines
The online play is a great idea.\, though it wouldn't surprise me if they did it already and we don't know about it smilie

Miyamoto has stated that they experimented with online play and said that it would be easily implemented into the game. However, he said that he didn't want it to be the focus, so they omitted it entirely.

So no, we aren't getting online play. Unless they decide to patch it in.

Miyamoto's attitude towards a lot of things lately feel like huge middle fingers to us Nintendo fans, honestly. I mean, he's a genius, but I feel he's been a bit childish in his attitude towards certain things in recent years.
---
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#569 Posted: 14:27:12 14/11/2013
I absolutely cannot wait for this game. I played a few levels at the London Comic Con at their Nintendo booth, and dayum, Peach is so adorable floating in her kitty suit. I still need a Wii-U first though :x
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
#570 Posted: 18:17:43 14/11/2013
I'm surprised that they didn't pick Daisy for the secret player spot.
---
#571 Posted: 18:44:19 14/11/2013
Besides Super Mario Land, I don't think we've seen Daisy in a mainstream game yet, have we? I'm surprised Nintendo haven't just given her a chance by now.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
#572 Posted: 19:10:16 14/11/2013
I personally don't see a need to bring Daisy in, as she is literally a Peach recolour with a little flower on her chest and a slightly different hair style. Plus, she doesn't have anything to set her apart from other characters. In Melee and Brawl, Peach's Daisy colour schemes literally looked exactly like Daisy (they even added the little flower). She only exists anymore to have an extra female character in the Mario Party/Sports/Kart games.

Rosalina, however, was in both Mario Galaxy games, had a an actual backstory and charcater development (partly why she is one of my favourite characters from the mainstream Mario games), and was shown to be a capable charcater in that game (remember how she took on Bowser's entire airship fleet all by herself, and won, in the Galaxy 1?). Plus, giving her the spin attack Mario used makes sense (as Mario could only use that because of the White Luma who was friends with Rosalina), and it still gives her a distinction from the other characters that calls back to a past Mario game. Plus, she has been in two Mario Kart games.

So yeah. While I am surprised the 5th character was Rosalina (pleasantly surprised, that is!), I am not surprised it wasn't Daisy (I was expecting Wario, Yoshi, Yellow Toad, or Nabbit).
---
Darchangel Blue Sparx Gems: 627
#573 Posted: 20:06:18 14/11/2013
Quote:
Miyamoto's attitude towards a lot of things lately feel like huge middle fingers to us Nintendo fans, honestly. I mean, he's a genius, but I feel he's been a bit childish in his attitude towards certain things in recent years.

I agree with this completely, some of the decisions he makes are just weird. And to be honest, Miyamoto isn't the only video game developer guilty of this lately.
---
>N< "Everyone knows I'm in over my head."
I'll Start Trying In September
#574 Posted: 21:17:56 14/11/2013
"Hey Miyamoto, where's our new F-Zero?"
"lol i cant think of what to do with it i mean its so hard to innovate this franchise? also get stuffed if you think im givin it to seega, fzero gx was atrocious. PLEASE UNDERSTAND"
---
#575 Posted: 22:05:21 14/11/2013
Quote: sonicbrawler182
I personally don't see a need to bring Daisy in, as she is literally a Peach recolour with a little flower on her chest and a slightly different hair style. Plus, she doesn't have anything to set her apart from other characters. In Melee and Brawl, Peach's Daisy colour schemes literally looked exactly like Daisy (they even added the little flower). She only exists anymore to have an extra female character in the Mario Party/Sports/Kart games.

Rosalina, however, was in both Mario Galaxy games, had a an actual backstory and charcater development (partly why she is one of my favourite characters from the mainstream Mario games), and was shown to be a capable charcater in that game (remember how she took on Bowser's entire airship fleet all by herself, and won, in the Galaxy 1?). Plus, giving her the spin attack Mario used makes sense (as Mario could only use that because of the White Luma who was friends with Rosalina), and it still gives her a distinction from the other characters that calls back to a past Mario game. Plus, she has been in two Mario Kart games.

So yeah. While I am surprised the 5th character was Rosalina (pleasantly surprised, that is!), I am not surprised it wasn't Daisy (I was expecting Wario, Yoshi, Yellow Toad, or Nabbit).

You make a strong point there, and I also agree that Rosalina is a better character, but Daisy is just a little more recurring, especially since it's been stated that she is similar to Luigi what Mario is to Peach. Of course the two have had very little interaction compared to Mario and Peach, but I do believe she was created with that intention.
---
#576 Posted: 22:19:49 14/11/2013
Daisy was originally with Mario, actually. In Super Mario Land, Daisy is the damsel in distress. And she does actually kiss Mario, and love hearts fly over her head when she sees him.

So no, Daisy was not originally created as "Luigi's Peach".

The only thing that backs up that Daisy is Luigi's girl, is Daisy circuit in Mario Kart Wii. And maybe one or two other tidbits I'm forgetting.

However, in Super Mario Galaxy, Luigi outright says he finds Rosalina cute.

Then when you beat the Luigi playthrough, you get a photo on your Wii Message Board, that has Luigi and Rosalina together in front of Peach's Castle, along with the Toad Brigade (in contrast to the one you get after the Mario playthrough, that has Mario, Peach, and two Lumas together on the first planet of Good Egg Galaxy).

Honestly, I ship LuigixRosalina. I think they fit quite well (brother who is always in the shadows and has been mistreated by said brother, but has a kind heart - with a girl who was separated from her family and was very lonely for quite sometime, but overcame this with her inner strength and innate mother's instinct). :3

LuigixDaisy just feels insulting to the man in green. She is literally Mario's hand-me-down, if Luigi and Daisy are a couple. :V
---
#577 Posted: 22:22:31 14/11/2013
Daisy was originally with Mario, actually. In Super Mario Land, Daisy is the damsel in distress. And she does actually kiss Mario, and love hearts fly over her head when she sees him.

The only thing that backs up that Daisy is Luigi's girl, is Daisy circuit in Mario Kart Wii. And maybe one or two other tidbits I'm forgetting.

Then when you beat the Luigi playthrough, you get a photo on your Wii Message Board, that has Luigi and Rosalina together in front of Peach's Castle, along with the Toad Brigade (in contrast to the one you get after the Mario playthrough, that has Mario, Peach, and two Lumas together on the first planet of Good Egg Galaxy).

Honestly, I ship LuigixRosalina. I think they fit quite well (brother who is always in the shadows and has been mistreated by said brother, but has a kind heart - with a girl who was separated from her family and was very lonely for quite sometime, but overcame this with her inner strength and innate mother's instinct). :3

LuigixDaisy just feels insulting to the man in green. She is literally Mario's hand-me-down, if Luigi and Daisy are a couple. :V

This....makes a helluvalotta sense.
---
nyeheheheheh

I-Brawler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3565
#578 Posted: 22:32:10 14/11/2013
Poor daisy....

Anyway who wants to talk about mk8?
---
you never saw me
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:36:23 14/11/2013 by I-Brawler
#579 Posted: 22:47:40 14/11/2013

Oh gee that's right, I didn't remember Super Mario Land, I was basing myself in that cart course, AND a cutscene in Mario Tennis... but for what happened in SML, then Daisy must be Pauline with another name. Either that or are just two of Mario's girls from the past before he became more interested in Princess Peach. And hey, I don't remember that detail you said about Luigi and Rosalina in the Galaxy games. And the photo you mentioned, unfortunately I never got to see it. I finished the gameplay with Mario, not Luigi. But hey, those shipping theories are actually good smilie
---
#580 Posted: 23:15:50 14/11/2013
Well, those descriptions I gave for Luigi and Rosalina are not head canons - they are actual canon.

Whenever Mario is given an actual personality (EXTREMELY rare), he is often portrayed as an egotistical jerk (I don't hate him for it - it's honestly really amusing). This includes times where he blatantly shuns/mistreats Luigi. Such as in Mario Power Tennis, where he grinds his boot on Luigi's foot while maniacally laughing. And Luigi blatantly looks up to Mario, despite this (his diary entries in Paper Mario prove this). And Luigi is just portrayed as a more sensitive character all around.

As for Rosalina, what I described is part of her backstory in Super Mario Galaxy. Just go to the Library on the Comet Observatory, and read the storybook.

All I'm saying is that these two damaged, but strong yet gentle souls are a perfect match.

I know I sound stupid, taking character relations in Mario seriously and all, but I just really like Luigi and Rosalina, as individuals, and the idea of them being a couple.

honestly nintendo, screw mario, just make luigi your mascot
---
#581 Posted: 00:04:16 15/11/2013
I like the way you see things, cause it's so true. Luigi has much more personality and is far more humble than his brother. I don't know if you played Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time, but if you did, remember how the Star Gate refused access to Luigi? It wasn't because he wasn't worthy, it was to test him. And when he touched that block, it grew huge, proving what a big heart he had smilie

Though I must say, it really is sad how Luigi is most of the time cast aside by most characters. He is so forgotten and viewed mostly as Mario's shadow. Heck not even Bowser remembers his name most of the time. But he loves his brother so dearly, even if he is a jerk to him most of the time, like that Mario Power Tennis cutscene you mentioned.
---
#582 Posted: 02:00:22 15/11/2013
Actually, Miyamoto plans to step away from Mario after this game. I saw multiple articles saying he wanted to pursue "smaller projects." Along with that, I'm fairly certain he wasn't the lead on the first Galaxy game. The director and game design lead man was Yoshiaki Koizumi, who I think was also the guy responsible for sneaking in Rosalina's backstory. But Miyamoto DID play a major role in Galaxy 2, which I believe may be the big reason the game was significantly more streamlined than the original Galaxy. That's not to say Galaxy 2 was a bad game, but I prefer Galaxy a lot more with the sole exception being the power-up department.

With that said, I think 3D World does have a lot of creativity blossoming from it. Maybe the overall concept is a bit unoriginal, but I've always played Mario games for their fantastic level design, aesthetics, and fun gimmicks and platforming challenges. And 3D World seems chock full of them. Too bad I won't have a Wii U for awhile. ;~;

One other random tidbit, apparently in an interview a few days back, it was confirmed the soundtrack will be done by Koji Kondo and Mahito Yokota. Judging from what I've heard so far, it's looking to be good. I DEMAND AN OFFICIAL SOUNDTRACK, NINTENDO. ^.^;
---
#583 Posted: 02:14:16 15/11/2013
Well it's good that Miyamoto is pursuing other projects. He's been with Mario so much time, it was just a matter of time before he wanted to try something new. And if what you say it's true about the Galaxy games, when how about that? I actually enjoyed the first Galaxy a little more than the second one, even if it didn't have Yoshi in it (who is my favorite character). But anyway, with Miyamoto or not, the Mario franchises still success and impresses even after all these years smilie
---
#584 Posted: 02:26:12 15/11/2013

honestly nintendo, screw mario, just make luigi your mascot

Definitely.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
#585 Posted: 11:10:33 15/11/2013
^They made this year the Year of Luigi. It wouldn't surprise me at all if that's the next step smilie
---
#586 Posted: 13:40:04 15/11/2013
Quote: HIR
Actually, Miyamoto plans to step away from Mario after this game. I saw multiple articles saying he wanted to pursue "smaller projects." Along with that, I'm fairly certain he wasn't the lead on the first Galaxy game. The director and game design lead man was Yoshiaki Koizumi, who I think was also the guy responsible for sneaking in Rosalina's backstory. But Miyamoto DID play a major role in Galaxy 2, which I believe may be the big reason the game was significantly more streamlined than the original Galaxy. That's not to say Galaxy 2 was a bad game, but I prefer Galaxy a lot more with the sole exception being the power-up department.

With that said, I think 3D World does have a lot of creativity blossoming from it. Maybe the overall concept is a bit unoriginal, but I've always played Mario games for their fantastic level design, aesthetics, and fun gimmicks and platforming challenges. And 3D World seems chock full of them. Too bad I won't have a Wii U for awhile. ;~;

One other random tidbit, apparently in an interview a few days back, it was confirmed the soundtrack will be done by Koji Kondo and Mahito Yokota. Judging from what I've heard so far, it's looking to be good. I DEMAND AN OFFICIAL SOUNDTRACK, NINTENDO. ^.^;

I'm aware of Miyamoto stepping away from Mario, which is cool for him. I'm interested to see what he does now. Though the thing that bothers me most about him are his excuses for not doing anything with the F-Zero and StarFox franchises. If he just said he didn't want to, I at least couldn't fault him there - no developer should make a game they don't want to make. Instead, he comes up with silly excuses like "I don't know what to do with the franchises", even though the main thing people want from those franchises is online play (but then Miyamoto will not do that, because he seems so against online play).

But to make matters worse, Sega has gone on record saying they would be willing to make a new F-Zero. And that one guy (can't remember the name because Japanese) from Platinum Games said he would love to make a StarFox game - so much so, he would do it at gunpoint. But Miyamoto just won't let go of these IPs. I think he's extremely selfish and childish. Especially since these could potentially be killer apps for Wii U.

As for the Galaxy games, I prefer Galaxy 2 myself, but only because everything about it's mechanics was so well done, and it had even more nice environments, music, and power-ups. But I did miss Galaxy 1's charming story telling and atmosphere. And Rosalina (who I was happy to see at the end of the game, but I would of appreciated if the story had more to do with her, as I think there was room for development).

And I agree regarding 3D World - it's looking much better than it initially did. I'm not as excited for it as I was for Rayman Legends or Sonic Lost World, but not far off it(if it had online play, I would be just as excited, though). I am still kind of bothered that most levels still seem awfully generic and slapped together though, in terms of their aesthetics. This was a problem I had with 3D Land, too.

And as for an official soundtrack:

[User Posted Image]

I love this artwork style, by the way. Luigi looks so freakin' classy, Rosalina looks adorable and seems like she hasn't got a clue how to play a guitar, and Bowser is wrecking those drums like a boss! smilie
---
#587 Posted: 14:00:54 15/11/2013
Wow cool cover smilie
But anyway, I understand why you feel that way about Miyamoto, but about online gaming, I know I understand why he is so against it. Playing online means that people will eventually have miltiplayers, and remember that most of the time, people use the Internet to troll and do other naughty things. I should know, I, and pretty much everyone who owns a 3DS received a mail that people were using SwapNote to send very nasty messages.
---
#588 Posted: 18:59:45 15/11/2013
I'm aware of the whole SwapNote fiasco. The main reason it was actually shut down because a 12 year old girl was molested in a hotel, by some 40-50 year old men, because of SwapNote. Though, they are implementing Miiverse to the 3DS - a much safer, and superior system to SwapNote, that does everything SwapNote can, and more.

So I don't think this has anything to do with online play. And for the record, a Club Nintendo survey went up recently, asking for people's thoughts on online play and online features. So Nintendo are clearly making a start in improving the functionality and safety of their online features.

Miyamoto is just against online as he has a very traditional mind. He believes in couch multiplayer - which is fine, but him telling us online play was easy to implement, again, feels like a huge middle finger.

What bothers me most is that, Nintendo puts online play into games that nobody asked for online in (Luigi's Mansion 2, Kid Icarus: Uprising), yet won't put into games everybody wants it in (almost every Wii U exclusive released to date, and some future ones like 3D World).
---
#589 Posted: 19:07:05 15/11/2013
GUYS
look at Rosalina on the CD case. everyone has a cat suit, but hers is black. So Rosalina's cat suit is black.
---
nyeheheheheh

#590 Posted: 20:49:08 15/11/2013
So? What is wrong with that. It's actually black AND white.

And sonicbrawler182, I understand when you say that Miyamoto wants to stick with tradition, but there is actually nothing wrong with it... unless what you mean is that online play would meant that we would have to pay less for consoles...
---
#591 Posted: 21:34:38 15/11/2013
"Mario 3D World Big Band"

HECK YEAH! A true big band Mario score. Thank you, based Nintendo. XP
---
#592 Posted: 21:56:18 15/11/2013
Quote: Felines
So? What is wrong with that. It's actually black AND white.

And sonicbrawler182, I understand when you say that Miyamoto wants to stick with tradition, but there is actually nothing wrong with it... unless what you mean is that online play would meant that we would have to pay less for consoles...

My problem is that Mario 3D World (among other Wii U exclusives) is a game pretty much everyone is asking for online in. Not only that, but Miyamoto said it'd be easy to do.

Yet, nobody asks for online in Luigi's Mansion 2, and yet it gets online (for the record, I really like the Luigi's Mansion 2 online play regardless, as did many others).

There is just no logical reason for them NOT to put online in some of these games. I'd even be happy if Mario 3D World merely had "Friends Only" online (as I mainly want it to play with online friends and fellow Nintendo fans on forums).

No matter what way you look at it, it doesn't make sense.

It's gotten to a point where when it comes to nonsensical decisions regarding system features and online play, when people ask me "why isn't Nintendo doing such and such a thing?", I tell them, "It's Nintendo we're talking about".
---
#593 Posted: 04:10:21 16/11/2013
Oh, I see what you mean. That's different then. So they make a game online when nobody asked for it, and another game that people do actually want it online and he refuses... that's very strange. He's contradicting himself. I don't think it's to taunt fans (let's hope). Maybe he said he wouldn't, but if people insist long enough, it may be possible. Hey, I know one of their goals is to make money, but they must please their fans as well.
---
#594 Posted: 16:34:17 16/11/2013
The thing is, the Wii U would be selling a lot better if it had good, online exclusives. Super Mario 3D World would be a perfect candidate for that.
---
#595 Posted: 17:32:26 16/11/2013
Yeah. A Friends Only mode would be fair.
---
nyeheheheheh

#596 Posted: 17:46:52 16/11/2013
The thing is, the Wii U would be selling a lot better if it had good, online exclusives. Super Mario 3D World would be a perfect candidate for that.

I know they are trying quite a lot to sell the Wii U. Last time I checked, the selling was very disappointing to them. To tell the truth, I was tempted to buy it, but even with all the amazingly interesting games to be released, and that Wind Waker bundle, I don't think I will be buying it anytime soon. I already have too many consoles, and you never know when will you need money for emergencies smilie
---
#597 Posted: 20:00:34 16/11/2013
Cat Rosalina is freaking adorable! ^.^
#598 Posted: 17:57:36 17/11/2013
Just...5...more...days! Can't wait!!
#599 Posted: 18:09:59 17/11/2013
THIS GAME MAKES ME WANT A WII U
---
nyeheheheheh

#600 Posted: 19:42:30 17/11/2013
Quote: Gem-A-Knight
Just...5...more...days! Can't wait!!

Many games to be released for November 22 in particular. I wonder why.
---
First | Previous | Page 12 of 18 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me