Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The All-Purpose Mario Topic!
First | Previous | Page 5 of 18 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17 18
The All-Purpose Mario Topic! [CLOSED]
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#201 Posted: 19:32:43 11/08/2012 | Topic Creator
It's definitely a great game.
---
Bring the Fanta
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#202 Posted: 19:51:35 11/08/2012
That's good enough for me smilie
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3251
#203 Posted: 20:16:24 11/08/2012
Looking forward to Paper Mario 4: Sticker Star soon smilie
#204 Posted: 00:40:13 12/08/2012
So the title has been announced already. I hope the game is good, cause if it is, it may turn into a franchise smilie
---
Gem-A-Knight Yellow Sparx Gems: 1644
#205 Posted: 06:44:41 12/08/2012
Quote: HIR
Quote: Gem-A-Knight
I haven't played paper Mario. Whats it like?

[User Posted Image]

It's a turn based RPG. <.<

Well...cant argue with that. xD
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#206 Posted: 08:19:10 12/08/2012 | Topic Creator
Final bosses of Paper Mario games:
Paper Mario - Bowser
TTYD - Peach
Super Paper Mario - Luigi
Sticker Star - Mario?

smilie I was just joking with that last part.
---
Bring the Fanta
#207 Posted: 16:47:50 12/08/2012
^ Lol what if it were Toad smilie
Yoshi Emerald Sparx Gems: 3062
#208 Posted: 21:39:36 12/08/2012
Toad would make the best final boss EVER x3
---
Wow
Such signature
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#209 Posted: 01:14:45 13/08/2012
Quote: Felines
^ I heard it is underated, but that doesn't keep my hopes down. SMS is really underrated too, and the game was great. I simply LOVED the other two Paper Mario games, so I hope I'm in for a really great time with the conclusive game :)

Well, Paper Mario 3: Sticker Star is coming out on the 3DS soon... so it's not the end after all! ^.^
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#210 Posted: 08:06:47 13/08/2012
^ I heard it is underated, but that doesn't keep my hopes down. SMS is really underrated too, and the game was great. I simply LOVED the other two Paper Mario games, so I hope I'm in for a really great time with the conclusive game smilie

Well, Paper Mario 3: Sticker Star is coming out on the 3DS soon... so it's not the end after all! ^.^

Actually it's Paper Mario 4: Sticker Star, Paper Mario 3 was the one on the Wii smilie
#211 Posted: 09:25:13 13/08/2012
Good lord Nintendo! So many papers, so many galaxies, so many 2D adventure games, so many Mario karts, so many Olympic games, so many sports, so much MARIO! How many more games of 1 series can they make?!
#212 Posted: 14:40:43 13/08/2012
I really want another Galaxy game, but I fear it might not be good smilie
#213 Posted: 14:51:04 13/08/2012
Good lord Nintendo! So many papers, so many galaxies, so many 2D adventure games, so many Mario karts, so many Olympic games, so many sports, so much MARIO! How many more games of 1 series can they make?!

Well we have New Super Mario Bros. 2 in a few days, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon on the 3DS, and New Super Mario Bros. U on the WiiU. <.<
---
#214 Posted: 16:55:25 13/08/2012
^Mario has become so famous that games are going to keep being released. It's not for nothing that it's the top-selling series of all time, with so many games being released every year. Although Mario is a great series, I am afraid that it will lose it's originality eventually, if it hasn't lost some already smilie

^ I heard it is underated, but that doesn't keep my hopes down. SMS is really underrated too, and the game was great. I simply LOVED the other two Paper Mario games, so I hope I'm in for a really great time with the conclusive game smilie

Well, it is not a trilogy anymore. It will become a saga smilie
---
#215 Posted: 19:46:20 13/08/2012

Well we have New Super Mario Bros. 2 in a few days, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon on the 3DS, and New Super Mario Bros. U on the WiiU. <.<

Lol. The New Super Mario Bros 2 for the 3DS looks kind of fun actually. Unfortunately I don't have a 3DS only because it causes sickness among others. If it counts as Mario, they are making another Super Smash Bros. for the Wii U. The game is only reaching the break of production though, so it will be a while.
#216 Posted: 20:10:04 13/08/2012
^Heh, another saga. At this rate, the will be no such thing as a Trilogy.
---
#217 Posted: 21:36:03 13/08/2012
^ What about Super Mario Land sereis, don't think they'll make a fourth one of those, right? smilie
#218 Posted: 00:02:33 14/08/2012
Quote: TorchSheep
^ What about Super Mario Land sereis, don't think they'll make a fourth one of those, right? :)

Super Mario 3D Land? *troll face*
---
#219 Posted: 04:52:02 14/08/2012
^I don't think that counts as Nintendo. I am little aware of this, but I think those games weren't released by Nintendo. It's sort of like the CDi Zelda games.
---
#220 Posted: 09:52:00 14/08/2012
Super Mario 3D Land comes under the main Super Mario series
#221 Posted: 20:27:59 14/08/2012
Everyone mark your calenders, Paper Mario returns on November the 11th (in America anyway... u mad, Europe)!
---
#222 Posted: 21:04:08 14/08/2012
I live in England dammit smilie oh well adleast New Super Mario Bros 2 is coming out here in a couple of days smilie
#223 Posted: 21:12:55 14/08/2012
Everyone mark your calenders, Paper Mario returns on November the 11th (in America anyway... u mad, Europe)!

I'll be looking forward to it. The Paper Mario games I have played haven't disappoint me, and I hope it stays that way smilie
---
mariomush Green Sparx Gems: 218
#224 Posted: 10:38:33 16/08/2012
Do you have Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island? That's one of my favorites smilie
Hey, I also have the Donkey Kong Country trilogy (for the SNES) Those were my first games smilie

smilie aw man I don't I only got the GBA Re-make
I moved right around the time I got my SNES and N64 so I never got around to getting those (plus ocarina of time smilie, link to the past, star fox, and some other ones)
---
45/107 + blue smilie & flocked smilie!
Favorite Series 1: smilie Favorite Series 2: smilie Favorite Giant: smilie Favorite Lightcore: none yet
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:44:42 16/08/2012 by mariomush
mariomush Green Sparx Gems: 218
#225 Posted: 10:58:55 16/08/2012
^I don't think that counts as Nintendo. I am little aware of this, but I think those games weren't released by Nintendo. It's sort of like the CDi Zelda games.

I think they were I own them all (not counting Wario Land 2 & 3)!!! The first one, Super Mario Land, was one of the first games on the Game Boy (in fact it was a launch title), the sequel, Super Mario Land 2 : the 6 Golden Coins (also on Game Boy), introduced a famous Mario character, Wario and was a true mario game , but then the series branched off into the Wario Land games (spin-off series), starting with Super Mario Land 3: Wario Land (Game Boy) then come Wario Lands 2 (Game boy and GB Color), 3 (GBC) and 4 for the Game Boy Advance (I only own 4 not 2 or 3) then several years later on the Wii Wario Land Shake It! came out!
Too bad Wario Land isn't around anymore now we only have the Wario Ware (party games) series.
---
45/107 + blue smilie & flocked smilie!
Favorite Series 1: smilie Favorite Series 2: smilie Favorite Giant: smilie Favorite Lightcore: none yet
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:02:52 16/08/2012 by mariomush
#226 Posted: 17:41:17 16/08/2012
There were rumours a while back for a new Yoshi game for the Wii U
skulldragon95 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1634
#227 Posted: 02:16:57 17/08/2012
i really hated mario 64 controls n deficulty is bad im sorry sm64 fans i didnt like it but mario kart wii, new mario, wii mario world n super mario bros 1 are great
---
Fired up for victory
#228 Posted: 10:49:29 17/08/2012
Quote: mariomush

I think they were I own them all (not counting Wario Land 2 & 3)!!! The first one, Super Mario Land, was one of the first games on the Game Boy (in fact it was a launch title), the sequel, Super Mario Land 2 : the 6 Golden Coins (also on Game Boy), introduced a famous Mario character, Wario and was a true mario game , but then the series branched off into the Wario Land games (spin-off series), starting with Super Mario Land 3: Wario Land (Game Boy) then come Wario Lands 2 (Game boy and GB Color), 3 (GBC) and 4 for the Game Boy Advance (I only own 4 not 2 or 3) then several years later on the Wii Wario Land Shake It! came out!
Too bad Wario Land isn't around anymore now we only have the Wario Ware (party games) series.

Well, if that's true, then the SM Land games are truly from Nintendo, since Wario counts as an official Nintendo characters.

I hope it's good then. That's my favorite character smilie
---
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#229 Posted: 13:06:53 17/08/2012
New Super Mario Bros. 2 comes out here tomorrow! Ater Good Game in the morning I'm going to head to the store and pick it up and my new case for my XL I'll get next week. smilie
#230 Posted: 15:11:34 17/08/2012

I'm aware of those rumors. They said Retro Studios is making a new Yoshi game for WiiU. But I've also heard Retro Studios is making a new Star Fox for WiiU and I've heard they're going to take the Metroid franchise over again and make a new Metroid game. Retro has been mum the entire time, obviously so there's no way to prove any of these rumors. >.>
---
#231 Posted: 18:15:32 17/08/2012
^Man, those people are sure busy with that new console. I just hope they can come up with something original. Some recent game sure sure similar to previous ones.
---
#232 Posted: 23:50:24 17/08/2012
I would LOVE a new Yoshi's Island on the WiiU. Given what Ubisoft could do with hand drawn art in Rayman Origins (and given what they're going to do with Rayman Legends), I'm confident Nintendo could do something just as good... if not better (heck, the art from New Super Mario Bros. U looks really creative so we have a starting point). DO THIS NINTENDO. I WILL THROW MONEY AT MY SCREEN IF YOU DO.
---
#233 Posted: 02:40:12 18/08/2012
With so many games being created, I am sure there are bound to be a few good... well... original at least...
---
#234 Posted: 07:04:35 18/08/2012
Anyone on the fence about buying New Super Mario Bros. 2, you should. Here's a quick review review of its points(I'm still on the last world, though, midway through):
Originality: Not bad, but at least it's more than you will expect. The first world does feel a bit rehashed, but otherwise, the others feel pretty different and have totally different feels. The level themes change just enough so that it's not annoying, but still enough to set each experience apart. It feels more like a compliation of the best things of Wii and DS versions, yet adds in a good amount of its own stuff, too. The new powerups are all great and balanced! Golden Flower isn't as broken as you would think either, it's very difficult to get one into your inventory and they only last one level each.

Graphics: Outstanding, you can tell there are sections of this game they took the effort to hand-draw and it looks like a painting, plus there are lots of new touches in everything- You get a pile of coins on the title screen as you collect more, the background blurs a bit as you turn up the 3D, flowers and plants on the foreground wisp gently, and and well as that the models are crisp and blend in perfectly.

Sound: Mostly rehashed, but as good as ever. The singing is LOUDER, so if you hated it, you'll hate a lot of the tracks though! smilie Sound effects sound very clean and are at just the right volume.

Difficulty: Some parts of the game are actually quite challenging to complete- the Boo Mansion in World 6 stands out as a particularly mind-wrecking level if you miss the proper exit. The puzzles are finally back up to scratch and endlessly better than 3D Land and will leave you thinking for ages. A good, but not overdone, part of the challenge lies in maximizing coin gathering which has a perfectly balanced risk and reward system. You will never get a Game Over, though.

Overall: A clever yet fun Platformer that you can pick up and play at any time, yet still be challenged with- plus it feels new enough that it's a justified iteration. Personally, I think this is the best in the series. If you enjoyed either of the previous New Bros. games, you will love this.
#235 Posted: 14:13:47 18/08/2012
... That seems like a fair critique. However, if I do choose to buy the game, it would be much later. I always wait for Nintendo to put their game at lower prices... but they sometimes take way too many time for that smilie
---
#236 Posted: 17:58:48 18/08/2012
The New York Times had an article written by Kotaku's editor-in-chief that was praising of the game. *shrug*
---
#237 Posted: 23:07:01 18/08/2012
The New York Times? Then that game really must be something else. However, I have my hopes up for the supposed Yoshi game for the Wii U. Although the little dinosaur is my favorite character, I don't like most of the games where he is the main protagonist. The only games I truly love featuring him as the main character is Yoshi's Island and it's sequel.
---
#238 Posted: 00:26:27 19/08/2012
The New York Times? Then that game really must be something else. However, I have my hopes up for the supposed Yoshi game for the Wii U. Although the little dinosaur is my favorite character, I don't like most of the games where he is the main protagonist. The only games I truly love featuring him as the main character is Yoshi's Island and it's sequel.

There haven't been many games with him as the protagonist. Yoshi's Island was a revolutionary (in my mind) take on the traditional Mario formula (well it was Super Mario World 2) and Yoshi's Story, although incredibly short, was very similar only it was incredibly non-linear. Then you had Yoshi Topsy-Turvy (meh), Yoshi's Touch & Go (more meh), and Yoshi's Island DS (also not that outstanding). There's also Tetris Attack on the GameBoy & SNES. Tetris Attack on the SNES is probably one of my top 15 SNES games because it's just so much fun. And I always judge games on fun factor.

There's also...
-Yoshi (yes, that's the name), a Dr. Mario-esque puzzle game on the NES & Game Boy
-Yoshi's Cookie, a row-based puzzle game on the NES, SNES, & Game Boy
-Yoshi's Safari, a rail shooter on the SNES designed for the Super Scope (it's also probably the closest Mario will get to an FPS).

So yeah, Yoshi needs some love. Considering Wario Land: Shake It! was released in 2008, Donkey Kong Country Returns was released in 2010, and Yoshi's Island DS was released in 2006... Yoshi is the series that has gone the longest time without a new release. <.<;
---
#239 Posted: 00:41:24 19/08/2012
Yeah, Yoshi is famous enough to be the star of his own series. Wario already has, but it's like you said. Yoshi needs to be more recognized...
---
#240 Posted: 02:16:28 19/08/2012
I love Yoshi xD So cute!
#241 Posted: 02:20:44 19/08/2012
Am I the only one who actually enjoyed Yoshi's Island DS? Maybe it's just because I never played the original until I got it through the Ambassador Program last year but I like it better.
#242 Posted: 02:28:36 19/08/2012
Quote: Nibelilt
Am I the only one who actually enjoyed Yoshi's Island DS? Maybe it's just because I never played the original until I got it through the Ambassador Program last year but I like it better.

I didn't think it was a bad game... it was just... underwhelming in a lot of aspects. The music and level design, for example, were rather bland in comparison to the first game. Of course, the original Yoshi's Island was an in house project while Yoshi's Island DS was developed by Artoon, which is now a defunct studio. <.<
---
#243 Posted: 02:42:22 19/08/2012
You make a good point HIR. Yoshi Island DS was not a bad game at all, but it's not as memorable as the original Yoshi Island. But the idea of giving rides to everybody as a baby was fun, plus remember that the Yoshi's had special abilities depending on the baby, so it was more expanded than the original in that sense smilie
So, Artoon is another defunct studio. It is a shame. The same thing happened to Rare, and that company REALLY made a lot of excellent games.
---
#244 Posted: 15:36:27 19/08/2012
You make a good point HIR. Yoshi Island DS was not a bad game at all, but it's not as memorable as the original Yoshi Island. But the idea of giving rides to everybody as a baby was fun, plus remember that the Yoshi's had special abilities depending on the baby, so it was more expanded than the original in that sense :)
So, Artoon is another defunct studio. It is a shame. The same thing happened to Rare, and that company REALLY made a lot of excellent games.

Rare isn't defunct. They were essentially neutralized by Microsoft because they weren't turning enough of a profit. <.<
---
#245 Posted: 17:11:44 19/08/2012
^Not much profit? That's really strange. Rare did plenty of amazing games without Microsoft help. Just mentioning the Donkey Kong Country trilogy for the SNES is more than enough as an example.

... I am thinking that it was probably because not too many people were into gaming as today. But if you ask me, Rare could have been very successful by its own if it wasn't for that detail.
---
#246 Posted: 17:47:01 19/08/2012
There are rumours Nintendo and Rare are teaming up again for new Banjo game for the Wii U
Bean Sprout Blue Sparx Gems: 893
#247 Posted: 18:33:58 19/08/2012
^Not much profit? That's really strange. Rare did plenty of amazing games without Microsoft help. Just mentioning the Donkey Kong Country trilogy for the SNES is more than enough as an example.

... I am thinking that it was probably because not too many people were into gaming as today. But if you ask me, Rare could have been very successful by its own if it wasn't for that detail.

Yea, I agree. DK is a great series.
---
"No, John. It is pretty weird that ghosts have to pee."
#248 Posted: 21:20:48 19/08/2012
Donkey Kong started off as an antagonist in the Mario games, and ended up being the main character in his own series. The same thing happened to Wario, Why can't Yoshi have his own too? I mean, there are some games where he is the main character, but not within his own series, since he still appears with Mario.
---
#249 Posted: 21:43:36 19/08/2012
There are rumours Nintendo and Rare are teaming up again for new Banjo game for the Wii U

In order to do that, Nintendo would have to purchase Rare from Microsoft, which would require large amounts of green. On the other hand, Nintendo could purchase the Banjo-Kazooie license from Microsoft for far less since they're not doing anything with it. Then a competent developer could make a Banjo game for the WiiU. Rare has clearly demonstrated that they no longer have any idea what they're doing (see: Kinect Sports, their most recent projects). Grant Kirkhope, a former Rare employee and composer for the Banjo-Kazooie games (as well as Viva PiƱata, Donkey Kong 64, and Goldeneye 007 amongst others) spoke out and said the company pretty much ****ed itself over and also blamed Microsoft. <.<
---
#250 Posted: 22:15:19 19/08/2012
^Come on. Money isn't an issue. Can you imaging how much green Nintendo has? If they can buy Rare, I wouldn't doubt together could make masterpieces smilie
---
First | Previous | Page 5 of 18 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17 18

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me