Forum

Spyro 2: Gateway to Glimmer

Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Any beta content? [CLOSED]
ExtremeSpyro Ripto Gems: 112
#1 Posted: 12:46:45 19/03/2012 | Topic Creator
is there any beta content in the Winter Jampack 99 version of the Spyro 2 demo? (it also has toy story 2, another classic) Considering the beta look of TS2, could there possibly be any beta content within the Spyro 2 demo? (On an unrelated note, I found an unused voice clip from the PC version of Buzz Lightyear of Star Command while looking through the files.)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:50:09 19/03/2012 by ExtremeSpyro
AshETERNAL Green Sparx Gems: 387
#2 Posted: 00:56:33 22/03/2012
I don't think so... I'm pretty sure no one released any beta content for this game... I've been ALL over YouTube, and if there was beta content, it would be on YouTube.
---
*Previously on this site as GlitchGirl. Heheh. I hate losing passwords and forgetting what of 5 emails you registered with smilie*
#3 Posted: 03:48:34 22/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Bummer. Thanks, though!
AshETERNAL Green Sparx Gems: 387
#4 Posted: 05:40:40 28/03/2012
No problem.
---
*Previously on this site as GlitchGirl. Heheh. I hate losing passwords and forgetting what of 5 emails you registered with smilie*
cmut Green Sparx Gems: 143
#5 Posted: 03:35:18 30/03/2012
Just because it's not on YouTube doesn't mean it isn't out there. I haven't played the demo so I don't know if it differs from the release, but it might. Honestly, I didn't even know there was such a thing, so it's probably a rare find.
#6 Posted: 07:18:22 30/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Not really, the disc is worth only 4 bucks sealed. There's a different, albeit later demo available in Crash Team Racing. It even says how to access it in the manual!
SpirowdeDragoon Blue Sparx Gems: 600
#7 Posted: 21:29:08 01/04/2012
I played a demo of it with Skelos Badlands and Sunny Beach on them. The only difference I noticed was the music; some instruments in the final music of those realms were missing in the demo. I'll play it again to see if there's anything else.

Edit - Okay, here's something else. Hunter was refered to as "the Hunter" in a little intro at the beginning.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:49:33 01/04/2012 by SpirowdeDragoon
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#8 Posted: 08:18:02 02/04/2012
I know a couple of other differences in the demo version, the music sounds like it's at a different tempo in Skelos Badlands compared to the full version, Spyro can roll left and right whereas in the full version it was taken out and replaced with the camera change left and right. When Spyro charges his animation looks different to the full version, I think it may be the same model from Spyro 1. Not entirely sure.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#9 Posted: 15:42:31 02/04/2012 | Topic Creator
All right, the CTR version has Magma Cone and Colossus, while the winter jampack version has Skelos Badlands and i'm guessing Sunny Beach.
So the one you played is the jampack one, right? If you're playing the european ps1 demo disc in the video below this post, i'll have to download it because I don't have a PAL ps2.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 15:57:35 02/04/2012 by ExtremeSpyro
#10 Posted: 15:45:42 02/04/2012 | Topic Creator

It seems there is a European version of the Spyro 2 demo. Maybe it's the same demo you played, just made for european markets.
#11 Posted: 20:07:43 02/04/2012
^Yup, that's the one. I'll perform the CTR Spyro 2 demo cheat and I'll tell ya if there's anything else there.
#12 Posted: 03:20:38 03/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Got it. Thanks! If my PS2 was hooked up right now, i'd do it myself.
#13 Posted: 00:50:42 05/04/2012
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
I know a couple of other differences in the demo version, the music sounds like it's at a different tempo in Skelos Badlands compared to the full version, Spyro can roll left and right whereas in the full version it was taken out and replaced with the camera change left and right. When Spyro charges his animation looks different to the full version, I think it may be the same model from Spyro 1. Not entirely sure.

That's purposely done in the full version and in Spyro 3. Yes, it is the same model from Spyro 1.
#14 Posted: 09:33:06 05/04/2012
Quote: SpirowdeDragoon

That's purposely done in the full version and in Spyro 3. Yes, it is the same model from Spyro 1.

Put in the full version of Spyro 2 and watch him charge then put in the demo and watch him charge, he looks different between the two.
---
#15 Posted: 06:36:11 06/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Yes. The charge animation looks a lot like the Spyro 1 animation. There's a difference. I suppose there's no hidden test levels or unused music or anything like that...
Speaking of unused music, I downloaded the soundtrack from Gabaldia hotel and there was a track that said it sounded like the Ice Glacier level or something (that one where you have to free the cavemen from the ice cubes) and it also said it was unused. I've long since deleted this soundtrack and downloaded another from Mediafire, and it doesn't have the unused track. Better go and download it!
#16 Posted: 19:59:17 06/04/2012

Put in the full version of Spyro 2 and watch him charge then put in the demo and watch him charge, he looks different between the two.

[User Posted Image]

Here you go. Top is the demo, bottom is the full game. Turns out, it's the same exact model. On the other hand, Sparx's model from the first game was used in the demo.
#17 Posted: 21:12:28 06/04/2012

[User Posted Image]

Here you go. Top is the demo, bottom is the full game. Turns out, it's the same exact model. On the other hand, Sparx's model from the first game was used in the demo.

At the bold part: My mistake.

At the rest: Ooh, interesting...Spyro the Dragon 1 demo has probably got the most differences out of all the demos they've done.
---
#18 Posted: 21:28:37 06/04/2012
^What you said about Spyro 1 is true. Look at this, it's a screenshot from Spyro 1.

[User Posted Image]

That's what I call a difference. The statues were going to be golden Spyros instead of Dragon Elders. Imagine that.

Getting a little back to topic, does anyone have the CTR cheat to get the Spyro 2 demo for the US version? I'd like to see if there are any beta elements in that demo. I keep trying "Hold L1 + R1 and press Down, Circle, Triangle, Right", but it doesn't work at all.
#19 Posted: 21:32:48 06/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Common, EVERYBODY knows that.
And does anyone have info regarding that unused song?
#20 Posted: 21:33:07 06/04/2012
^What you said about Spyro 1 is true. Look at this, it's a screenshot from Spyro 1.

[User Posted Image]

That's what I call a difference. The statues were going to be golden Spyros instead of Dragon Elders. Imagine that.

Getting a little back to topic, does anyone have the CTR cheat to get the Spyro 2 demo for the US version? I'd like to see if there are any beta elements in that demo. I keep trying "Hold L1 + R1 and press Down, Circle, Triangle, Right", but it doesn't work at all.

I didn't know about that difference, I know that the extra life statues were going to be golden and then they got changed to silver.

Just click on the Spyro 2 section of this site and select Cheat Codes.
---
#21 Posted: 21:36:11 06/04/2012
^I meant the cheat you use in Crash Team Racing to get the Spyro 2 demo, not vice versa.
#22 Posted: 21:39:35 06/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Just noticed the sparx model difference. Think I might boot up the emulator and run Winter jampack. After all, Toy Story 2 has plenty of differences on that disc. I'll post back with anything I found.
But first things first, I have to fix my minecraft server.
Also that image has earlier looking gems.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:45:51 06/04/2012 by ExtremeSpyro
#23 Posted: 22:40:49 06/04/2012
Quote: ExtremeSpyro
Just noticed the sparx model difference. Think I might boot up the emulator and run Winter jampack. After all, Toy Story 2 has plenty of differences on that disc. I'll post back with anything I found.
But first things first, I have to fix my minecraft server.
Also that image has earlier looking gems.

I've got the full version of Toy Story 2, I never played the demo of it, which levels does it have on there?
---
#24 Posted: 22:51:11 06/04/2012 | Topic Creator
You have the full game?! Awesome! I played that all the time when I was younger.
The only playable level is Andy's House, however there are a BOATLOAD of differences. The coins have no Hamm symbol, one of the board games in Andy's Room is called "SURGEON", the floating help blocks don't have rex's face, the rope leading to the attic is gone, Rex is gone. There's probably more, so i'll take a deeper look into it.
#25 Posted: 07:51:14 07/04/2012
You have the full game?! Awesome! I played that all the time when I was younger.
The only playable level is Andy's House, however there are a BOATLOAD of differences. The coins have no Hamm symbol, one of the board games in Andy's Room is called "SURGEON", the floating help blocks don't have rex's face, the rope leading to the attic is gone, Rex is gone. There's probably more, so i'll take a deeper look into it.

Wow! I'd like to get a hold of this demo if I could. So basically at the time of this demo, the developers didn't have an idea for the attic? Is there a hole that leads up there or is it just completely shut off. Can you complete challenges? Like finding Bo Peep's sheep, because one of those sheep was up in the attic.
---
#26 Posted: 14:04:49 07/04/2012 | Topic Creator
The hole is gone. Perhaps if you hacked the game (I seriously do not reccomend hacking games at all) to clip through walls there might be something, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. I downloaded the rom, however I plan to buy a copy in the near future, so you can get it at amazon.
And I'm assuming you can complete challenges, but not the robot fight because the attic is gone.
On a side note, I have found a trailer for the Buzz Lightyear of Star command video game that has somewhat regular differences: Buzz's back has a different pattern, the life symbol is different, the gun you start with has limited ammo, etc. I have also found screenshots of this version too. And on the final release for the PC version I found an unused voice clip!
Maybe I should join The Cutting Room Floor and post my findings there.
And if you are going to hack the game, do it on the ROM, not an actual copy.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 14:18:57 07/04/2012 by ExtremeSpyro
Purple n Spyro Ripto Gems: 1096
#27 Posted: 16:43:05 07/04/2012
Um.. on topic: I have CTR. I could try to see if it'll work.
#28 Posted: 19:51:04 07/04/2012
The hole is gone. Perhaps if you hacked the game (I seriously do not reccomend hacking games at all) to clip through walls there might be something, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. I downloaded the rom, however I plan to buy a copy in the near future, so you can get it at amazon.
And I'm assuming you can complete challenges, but not the robot fight because the attic is gone.
On a side note, I have found a trailer for the Buzz Lightyear of Star command video game that has somewhat regular differences: Buzz's back has a different pattern, the life symbol is different, the gun you start with has limited ammo, etc. I have also found screenshots of this version too. And on the final release for the PC version I found an unused voice clip!
Maybe I should join The Cutting Room Floor and post my findings there.
And if you are going to hack the game, do it on the ROM, not an actual copy.

That's really interesting, thanks for sharing.
---
#29 Posted: 20:57:37 07/04/2012 | Topic Creator
No prob, man. I'm going to search up early Spyro 2 screenshots and link 'em here. That BLOSC trailer is only available if you have the movie on DVD, though.
#30 Posted: 21:06:35 07/04/2012
No prob, man. I'm going to search up early Spyro 2 screenshots and link 'em here. That BLOSC trailer is only available if you have the movie on DVD, though.

Fair enough, cool.
---
#31 Posted: 21:07:13 07/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Note the lighter color of Spyro and the Spyro 1 model of Sparx in each of these photos. (Credit to IGN)
[User Posted Image]
Interesting. The beta name for Zephyr was Meadow. (Look at the url, it says meadow)
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
Is it just me, or does Spyro look a bit smaller in this photo?
[User Posted Image]
All these images were created May 13, 1999. Spyro 2 was released November 2, 1999.
#32 Posted: 21:13:19 07/04/2012
Note the lighter color of Spyro and the Spyro 1 model of Sparx in each of these photos. (Credit to IGN)
[User Posted Image]
Interesting. The beta name for Zephyr was Meadow. (Look at the url, it says meadow)
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
Is it just me, or does Spyro look a bit smaller in this photo?
[User Posted Image]
All these images were created May 13, 1999. Spyro 2 was released November 2, 1999.

Zephyr sounds a lot better than Meadow.

Spyro looks smaller in all the images to me. Maybe it's the same model from Spyro 1? He's small in that game and then slightly bigger in 2 and 3.
---
#33 Posted: 21:15:30 07/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Yep, that sounds about right.
I'll upload some gameplay of the demo on Dropbox. I'll post the download link soon. (I don't have a youtube account, so that's not an option. They just keep messing it up more each year, anyway.)
#34 Posted: 21:17:16 07/04/2012
Yep, that sounds about right.
I'll upload some gameplay of the demo on Dropbox. I'll post the download link soon. (I don't have a youtube account, so that's not an option. They just keep messing it up more each year, anyway.)

I've never heard of Dropbox. Okay, cool. (and I don't mind the YouTube changes every year, I can get used to them within half an hour.)
---
#35 Posted: 22:40:09 07/04/2012 | Topic Creator
All right, dropbox is NOT an option. The video I took is 2gb big. (it had a long playthrough of the TS2 demo.)
Any suggestions? The video is over 30 minutes long.
#36 Posted: 22:58:16 07/04/2012
^I have no suggestions. Although I have the demo's separate ISO, Computer overheats every time I use HyperCam 2, so I probably can't record the gameplay, either. Try using Windows Movie Maker to trim the non-Spyro gameplay off the video.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:59:12 07/04/2012 by SpirowdeDragoon
#37 Posted: 00:30:29 08/04/2012 | Topic Creator
I'll try that. I also recorded it with hypercam, since CamStudio likes to delete my videos while saving them (its because of an error)
This means the audio might be off sync and the framerate will be shoddy. smilie
#38 Posted: 00:43:40 08/04/2012
^That's a shame. Though HyperCam always screws up your audio and framerate anyway (for me that is).
#39 Posted: 00:47:35 08/04/2012 | Topic Creator
BTW, i just found out there is no audio at all....smilie Why cant there be decent screen recording software?
#40 Posted: 00:50:56 08/04/2012
^HAH. Now you feel my annoyance. HyperCam records **** as audio. Which is sad, because that demo's music is one of the beta aspects of it.
#41 Posted: 01:28:22 08/04/2012 | Topic Creator
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/715240...pack%20Demo.wmv
There you go. If I get any complaints from Mac users, i'll convert it to mp4.
And you should use Audacity to record the music. But before you actually record you need to switch the Recording Device you use to Stereo Mix (google it)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:29:46 08/04/2012 by ExtremeSpyro
#42 Posted: 01:41:10 08/04/2012
^It's taking very long to buffer, so I'm gonna have to watch it later. What was that you said about Stereo Mix? Oh, and do you know the cheat I have to use in the US CTR to get the Spyro 2 demo that isn't "Hold L1 + R1 and press Down, Circle, Triangle, Right"?
#43 Posted: 03:53:41 08/04/2012 | Topic Creator
You can just download the video if you want. As long as you use Windows, anyway. Feel free to upload it to YouTube if you want, but give me credit if you do.
The stereo mix is the sound that plays on your PC. So if you were to record audio using Stereo Mix as the Recording Device, it would be effectively ripping the music.
I don't know what you mean by that last question.
#44 Posted: 19:24:11 08/04/2012
Ah, alright. I will do that. What I mean by the last question is this. There is a cheat code you can input in the US version of Crash Team Racing. That cheat code is used to get a Spyro 2 demo with levels other than Skelos Badlands and Sunny Beach. I already tried "Hold L1 + R1 and press Down, Circle, Triangle, Right" in that game, but it doesn't get me the Spyro 2 demo. In fact, it does nothing. So, I am asking if you or anyone else knows the real code to get the Spyro 2 demo in the US CTR.
#45 Posted: 20:35:34 08/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Really? That's messed up. It worked for me. I even printed out the codes when I was younger and it worked! Try googling it, or look it up in the instruction manual.
#46 Posted: 20:54:06 08/04/2012
I googled it multiple times and the same code comes up. There was one variation of it with Left instead of Right. That one I tried, but it didn't work either. I might have to try it again. I recorded the beta music for Sunny Beach and Skelos Badlands, though I couldn't record the music alone (it has sound effects within it) and Sunny Beach's music wasn't entirely recorded.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:16:50 08/04/2012 by SpirowdeDragoon
#47 Posted: 22:29:46 08/04/2012 | Topic Creator
If you can turn off the sound, you should do that.
Maybe you need to reconfigure the controls if you're using an emulator.
If you're doing this on an actual console, your controller might be broke.
#48 Posted: 22:34:36 08/04/2012
I'm using an emulator, and I'm sure I've got the controls on it right. Maybe I'll do that..
#49 Posted: 23:55:38 08/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Yep, that should work.
#50 Posted: 00:12:25 09/04/2012
Nope, still doesn't work.
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me