darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure > The Definitive Skylanders PvP Tier List: A Collaborative Project
First | Previous | Page 3 of 7 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
The Definitive Skylanders PvP Tier List: A Collaborative Project [CLOSED]
EgoNaut Yellow Sparx Gems: 1730
#101 Posted: 15:01:38 19/05/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: arceustheprime

I mean really, people can use whatever they want without being judged cause it apparently is a "sucky" character or "overpowered".

There is a clearly marked disclaimer in the opening post that addresses this point.

@Lippyskills: To be honest, your point is correct about Legendary Skylanders always winning and losing in the same situations as their normal counterparts. I have only really included them in the lists for completeness.

That counter list is amazing, Cheeseman! You could consider putting it in its own thread once you've researched some of the other characters!

• The duplicate "Double trouble / Channeler" in the Wii Upper A list will be removed. Than you to Lippyskillz and Swohh4work for pointing this out!
  • Sunburn / Flame Lord will be moved to Upper A tier for now. I could do with some more hard evidence about his macthups against other Upper A tier characters so I can know exactly what tier he should be in.
---
S1: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S2: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S3: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:10:06 19/05/2012 by EgoNaut
Reaganag Blue Sparx Gems: 878
#102 Posted: 15:42:21 19/05/2012
Camo-Melon Master on Wii should be S-tier. I have said it before and after doing more testing he can beat: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie, and smilie
---
Awesome avatar by nintendofan92!
Have waves 1,2,3, and 4
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:46:19 20/05/2012 by Reaganag
Cheeseman Green Sparx Gems: 462
#103 Posted: 17:33:34 19/05/2012
Thanks for putting Sunburn Flame Lord in the upper A tier. I'll try to make some more progress on the counter list tomorrow.
---
Skylanders: All of them. Boom!
#104 Posted: 16:23:08 03/06/2012 | Topic Creator
I've been thinking, now that these PvP tier lists are near-finished, we could attempt working on Single Player tier lists seeing as a few people a while back said they'd be interested. I was thinking we could start with a basic, three-tier "Good/Average/Bad" system to keep things simple and then work our way outwards from there.
While thinking about this idea, however, I ran accross a difficulty: When it comes to story mode, the characters that are good at taking out large hordes of enemies during the levels are sometimes different to the characters that are good in the final battle with Kaos, so which would we base the single player tier lists on?

I'd be interested to hear any thoughts and ideas people have about single player tier lists and how they'd work.
---
S1: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:07:19 03/06/2012 by EgoNaut
pigman50 Green Sparx Gems: 294
#105 Posted: 11:34:00 09/06/2012
If you ask me, Ignitor really is not S-Tier. I competed all heroic challenges with mine and yet I still struggle to score a win against any characters that have dash moves. His HP really lets him down; otherwise he would be at least Lower A.

Double Trouble is probably the strongest character in the game. He can easily beat all the other S-Tier characters, even Drobot who is strong against him. The Magic Bombs do obscene damage and he is basically invincible while using them.

Stealth Elf is slightly too high, if you ask me. She is very powerful, that's true, but she lacks a ranged attack and is completely destroyed by any character faster than her ie. Drobot, Drill Sergeant, Flameslinger etc, or any character that has a high damage short range attack like Eruptor, Bash or Double Trouble. She is best in Upper A.

Boomer should be Upper A, as he can just leave bombs and dynamite everywhere and there is nothing you can do about it.

I'm not sure about Wrecking Ball in the B-tier. He destroys most melee attackers, but then again most ranged attackers can destroy him.

Chop Chop on the sword path is at least B-tier. His sword attacks may be weak, but they are fast and have good ranges for melee attacks. Bone Brambler is a powerful attack and his shield still has some useful properties.

Spyro on the charge path is easily upper A-tier, as he can just charge through with Ibex horns, stun opponents, and hammer them continuously for 45 damage each time. Plus, if you charge out of flight, the charge strangely handles really well and you can just keep circling your foe.
---
AoSTH quote of the week:
Quote: Sonic (At Robotnik)
Well this is a switch! A whale carrying a harpoon!

Ignitor101 Blue Sparx Gems: 719
#106 Posted: 11:44:32 09/06/2012
i think you are going too fast,unless you are talking in the wii,because on the 360,double trouble's eldritch beam isn't what makes him strong,it's the magic bombs,and even then,magic bombs are a melee attack.oh,and for ignitor and stealth elf,you simply don't know how to use them,also let's face it,chop chop is the weakest skylander in the game.
#107 Posted: 11:57:37 09/06/2012
I am using the Wii version.

I know that Stealth Elf is very strong, but just not as strong as others such as Drobot.

Double Trouble's magic bombs have surprising range actually, but that might just be on the Wii. I never said anything about the Eldritch beam in my post.

I think I'll get some more practice with Ignitor. Might just be that I'm not using him right.
---
AoSTH quote of the week:

#108 Posted: 12:01:16 09/06/2012
Oh, about Chop Chop, he can win quite a few matches on the Wii due to high speed sword strikes that have knockback. He is still quite weak, but he doesn't deserve his own bottom tier. Maybe he should be in C.

The worst character in the game is probably whirlwind, or chop chop on the shield path. Chop chop's sword path is much better.
---
AoSTH quote of the week:

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:04:37 09/06/2012 by pigman50
#109 Posted: 12:16:56 09/06/2012
ok so you deffinately don't use your characters right,i mean,whirlwind is great on ultimate rainbower,and even better on tempest dragon.Also,i prefer the shield path for chop chop,because it's much mor strategic.
#110 Posted: 12:20:49 09/06/2012
Quote: Ignitor101
ok so you deffinately don't use your characters right,i mean,whirlwind is great on ultimate rainbower,and even better on tempest dragon.Also,i prefer the shield path for chop chop,because it's much mor strategic.

Well that's how I play my characters. By the way, Whirlwind belongs to my brother, so I don't use her much. Seems I'm just not very good with certain characters and better with others. Not everyone's going to agree, are they?

In fact, I could argue that you aren't using Chop Chop right, but that would be illogical as everyone has their own preferences. Of course, it would be difficult to argue that, say, Zap is better than Drobot, but that's beside the point.
---
AoSTH quote of the week:

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:24:28 09/06/2012 by pigman50
#111 Posted: 12:26:10 09/06/2012
Yup can't agree on everything,for example,cynder is the strongest character in the game.all i do is spam the shadow dash sp much that i barely get hit,then,i let the ghosts do their thing.not sure if cynder is YOUR strongest skylander but she is mine
#112 Posted: 17:00:04 09/06/2012 | Topic Creator
At the end of the day, folks, the point that matters most is the point that many critics of this thread have brought up, and a point I eventually made myself in an edit of the first post: It's all about personal preferences and levels of skill with your respective skylanders. If you think you're good at using a particular character and that you score more wins with that one than any other, then just go ahead and use it, and have fun! Nothing written in these tier lists counts more than that.

Your points about Stealth Elf's weaknesses are sound, pigman, but it's natural even for S-Tier characters to have solid counters. When you consider just how many characters Stealth Elf can absolutely destroy when she's used properly by comparison to how many she has trouble with, she's still S Tier from what I can see.

Thank you for stating your objections, though! That's the sort of thing that keeps things developing in this thread. I will definately consider your points about Chop Chop.

Here's some advice with Ignitor that you may find useful: If you are having problems where people keep attacking his inanimate pile of armour while you are controlling his fire spirit, try to think about where you position the armour when you attack with the fire spirit so that you can use the armour as a strategic bait. If, for example, you use the walls and obstacles in the arena and such so that the opponent must approach the armour to get a clear shot at it, you can then explode the fire spirit to immediately return to Ignitor's body and slash them a few times with his sword while they're too close to escape! Also remember that Ignitor's giant blue sword attack has a massive vertical hit zone as well as a horizontal one, allowing you to use it to hit enemies who are in mid-air after touching a bounce pad.

EDIT: I've decided I might as well have Chop Chop in C-Tier, seeing as there's not much point to a D-Tier with only one occupant.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:04:30 09/06/2012 by EgoNaut
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#113 Posted: 17:18:07 09/06/2012
Quote: pigman50
If you ask me, Ignitor really is not S-Tier. I competed all heroic challenges with mine and yet I still struggle to score a win against any characters that have dash moves. His HP really lets him down; otherwise he would be at least Lower A.

Double Trouble is probably the strongest character in the game. He can easily beat all the other S-Tier characters, even Drobot who is strong against him. The Magic Bombs do obscene damage and he is basically invincible while using them.

Stealth Elf is slightly too high, if you ask me. She is very powerful, that's true, but she lacks a ranged attack and is completely destroyed by any character faster than her ie. Drobot, Drill Sergeant, Flameslinger etc, or any character that has a high damage short range attack like Eruptor, Bash or Double Trouble. She is best in Upper A.

Boomer should be Upper A, as he can just leave bombs and dynamite everywhere and there is nothing you can do about it.

I'm not sure about Wrecking Ball in the B-tier. He destroys most melee attackers, but then again most ranged attackers can destroy him.

Chop Chop on the sword path is at least B-tier. His sword attacks may be weak, but they are fast and have good ranges for melee attacks. Bone Brambler is a powerful attack and his shield still has some useful properties.

Spyro on the charge path is easily upper A-tier, as he can just charge through with Ibex horns, stun opponents, and hammer them continuously for 45 damage each time. Plus, if you charge out of flight, the charge strangely handles really well and you can just keep circling your foe.

Personally, I can't recall the last time I've seen Stealth Elf lose to any of the characters aside from Wii version Eruptor. The others are actually characters I would perceive as being weak to her. Drobot is easy to approach and defeat, afterburners do not deter Stealth Elf at all and his laser damage is significantly lower than her blade damage when both are being dealt at once--which they will be, since he can't escape. Drill Sergeant doesn't do enough damage to whittle Stealth Elf down, and again, loses rather consistently from what I've seen. The brief recharge on Flameslinger's dash causes him endless losses here as well. Bash's 80 damage tail strikes are a LOT lower than what Stealth Elf can do in the same amount of time in terms of damage. Double Trouble is interruptable if you approach him at the right time, which will prove frustrating for a beginning Stealth Elf, but gets easier. Honestly, and I play a ton of PVP, I really only have trouble with Cynder as Stealth Elf, and even then there's the occasional win.

I don't see how you can rate Ignitor so low. He absolutely does not lose to every S-tier character, or even close. Enormous, lopsided advantages against Cynder, Drobot, and Double Trouble if you put him there. Dashing characters are very ineffective against him, as well, unless you can dash AND do more damage than compounding flame mortars, which the vast majority (basically everyone but Stealth Elf and Slam Bam) can't pull off. People act like Ignitor is weak up close, but he does more damage than Bash in close quarters easily. Every Flame Mortar can, and often will connect at once up close, for 150 damage without any criticals, plus the 38-damage explosion you can detonate immediately after. It's really almost impossible to outdamage that up close, so dashing up to his armor is more of a trap than anything unless you're playing very specific characters.

I've never had any problem defeating Double Trouble with Drobot or Ignitor. Magic Bombs are a beefy attack, no doubt, but DT is among the game's worst at pursuing opponents. By the time he even gets close to a well-played Ignitor, his health is half gone, and flame mortars up close are actually quite comparable to Magic Bombs in terms of overall damage. 50 a piece versus 62, all three can connect, and the detonation actually makes Ignitor the more damaging of the two if you manage to connect with all three mortars at once... which isn't really as tough as it sounds. Drobot doesn't ever have to get close to begin with, so I don't see how you're beating him with Double Trouble.

Chop Chop really does deserve his own tier, to be honest. He wins off and on, but I can't think of one character, not even those he's elementally strong against, that he defeats consistently. I would love to hear about your results, though. However, I do agree that it's better just to stick him in the lower tier with the rest, as EgoNaut is doing. There really is no point singling him out, although he does suffer against most C-tier characters.

The problem with Spyro is that you really can't keep anyone perpetually stunned, he suffers badly against ranged attackers, and his damage really can't compare to the best of the best. He's good, but I can't see any fights in the upper A-tier that he's going to win against regularly.

If Ignitor's HP is too low, so is Boomer's, and Boomer has both weaker defenses and weaker damage.

... I'm not trying to call you out or anything, but I have experienced very different results in my time as a PVPer, and I would love to discuss further.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:25:00 09/06/2012 by Tashiji
#114 Posted: 17:55:13 09/06/2012
Quote: Tashiji

Personally, I can't recall the last time I've seen Stealth Elf lose to any of the characters aside from Wii version Eruptor. The others are actually characters I would perceive as being weak to her. Drobot is easy to approach and defeat, afterburners do not deter Stealth Elf at all and his laser damage is significantly lower than her blade damage when both are being dealt at once--which they will be, since he can't escape. Drill Sergeant doesn't do enough damage to whittle Stealth Elf down, and again, loses rather consistently from what I've seen. The brief recharge on Flameslinger's dash causes him endless losses here as well. Bash's 80 damage tail strikes are a LOT lower than what Stealth Elf can do in the same amount of time in terms of damage. Double Trouble is interruptable if you approach him at the right time, which will prove frustrating for a beginning Stealth Elf, but gets easier. Honestly, and I play a ton of PVP, I really only have trouble with Cynder as Stealth Elf, and even then there's the occasional win.

I don't see how you can rate Ignitor so low. He absolutely does not lose to every S-tier character, or even close. Enormous, lopsided advantages against Cynder, Drobot, and Double Trouble if you put him there. Dashing characters are very ineffective against him, as well, unless you can dash AND do more damage than compounding flame mortars, which the vast majority (basically everyone but Stealth Elf and Slam Bam) can't pull off. People act like Ignitor is weak up close, but he does more damage than Bash in close quarters easily. Every Flame Mortar can, and often will connect at once up close, for 150 damage without any criticals, plus the 38-damage explosion you can detonate immediately after. It's really almost impossible to outdamage that up close, so dashing up to his armor is more of a trap than anything unless you're playing very specific characters.

I've never had any problem defeating Double Trouble with Drobot or Ignitor. Magic Bombs are a beefy attack, no doubt, but DT is among the game's worst at pursuing opponents. By the time he even gets close to a well-played Ignitor, his health is half gone, and flame mortars up close are actually quite comparable to Magic Bombs in terms of overall damage. 50 a piece versus 62, all three can connect, and the detonation actually makes Ignitor the more damaging of the two if you manage to connect with all three mortars at once... which isn't really as tough as it sounds. Drobot doesn't ever have to get close to begin with, so I don't see how you're beating him with Double Trouble.

Chop Chop really does deserve his own tier, to be honest. He wins off and on, but I can't think of one character, not even those he's elementally strong against, that he defeats consistently. I would love to hear about your results, though. However, I do agree that it's better just to stick him in the lower tier with the rest, as EgoNaut is doing. There really is no point singling him out, although he does suffer against most C-tier characters.

The problem with Spyro is that you really can't keep anyone perpetually stunned, he suffers badly against ranged attackers, and his damage really can't compare to the best of the best. He's good, but I can't see any fights in the upper A-tier that he's going to win against regularly.

If Ignitor's HP is too low, so is Boomer's, and Boomer has both weaker defenses and weaker damage.

... I'm not trying to call you out or anything, but I have experienced very different results in my time as a PVPer, and I would love to discuss further.

Hmm... I'll have to do some more testing with Ignitor, it seems.

A good thing about chop chop is that he gets healed for enemies he defeats. In PvP (possibly only on the Wii) this also includes Sonic Boom's babies, Hex's wall of Bones, Prism Break's crystals etc.. So I find I can consistently beat Hex and Prism Break with Chop Chop. It only works against certain characters, but it really helps.

Boomer can do considerable damage with his troll bombs, and they can be laid quickly. So you basically cannot chase Boomer without getting hit repeatedly for 40 damage each time. And if an opponent is coming at him from the front, he can throw dynamite to make a massive spread of explosions to force opponents away. Of course, Boomer isn't so good against ranged attackers, but even Drobot has his counters.

I may have to take a closer look at Stealth Elf and Ignitor. Perhaps I need to adapt my strategy. I like using ranged attackers such as Drobot and Camo, but that's mainly because my bro uses fast characters like Flameslinger. I previously reset my Ignitor to try his sword path, but I may have to reset him again. Depends how good I find the sword path to be.
---
AoSTH quote of the week:

#115 Posted: 22:47:14 09/06/2012
I really would look back into Ignitor, on SotF. Forget about melee entirely. Even when a character gets close, keep blasting flame mortars at them and detonating immediately. Very few Skylanders can actually stand up to that for as long as it takes to defeat Ignitor. Even close-range nightmares like Dino Rang can't do the damage it takes to get that win. Yes, it does sort of boil down to who destroys who first, but the pure damage numbers are very much on Ignitor's side. Also, you can't hide from him, so ranged attacks won't really work. Either he'll herd you close with the flame soul, or just defeat you outright while you're trying to get a good shot. A common reason people underestimate Ignitor is the assumption that he should be meleeing just because he has a sword. You should pretty much only be using your flame mortars unless the situation REALLY calls for something else.

As for Stealth Elf, she's a relatively simple character. Acrobatics to approach, acrobatics to dodge, and acrobatics to deal extra damage when flipping around your enemy. Get close, unleash blades, melee until the enemy tries to run, and then follow them. It's a very easy formula, but takes some practice. Stealth Elf has to master a lot of timing for maximum effect, both your own timing and the timing of your opponent's attacks.

I agree that Boomer has a lot of strengths. His main problem is just that many characters don't have to follow his trail to defeat him. Ranged attackers, remote-control attackers like Ignitor, Lightning Rod and Dino Rang, mid-range blasts like Wham-Shell's Poseidon Strike, and conal AoE from the likes of Cynder and Gill Grunt are all quite problematic. For me, to be A-tier or above means that you don't really have wide groups of weaknesses. He's very powerful, but for me, succumbs to too many different tactics for a ranking as high as his dominance over certain types of characters would indicate.

As for Chop Chop, I'll continue giving him chances. I've played a lot of him, but until we get online play, there's really no way of telling if our perceptions are absolute.
#116 Posted: 07:57:39 10/06/2012
I really would look back into Ignitor, on SotF. Forget about melee entirely. Even when a character gets close, keep blasting flame mortars at them and detonating immediately. Very few Skylanders can actually stand up to that for as long as it takes to defeat Ignitor. Even close-range nightmares like Dino Rang can't do the damage it takes to get that win. Yes, it does sort of boil down to who destroys who first, but the pure damage numbers are very much on Ignitor's side. Also, you can't hide from him, so ranged attacks won't really work. Either he'll herd you close with the flame soul, or just defeat you outright while you're trying to get a good shot. A common reason people underestimate Ignitor is the assumption that he should be meleeing just because he has a sword. You should pretty much only be using your flame mortars unless the situation REALLY calls for something else.

As for Stealth Elf, she's a relatively simple character. Acrobatics to approach, acrobatics to dodge, and acrobatics to deal extra damage when flipping around your enemy. Get close, unleash blades, melee until the enemy tries to run, and then follow them. It's a very easy formula, but takes some practice. Stealth Elf has to master a lot of timing for maximum effect, both your own timing and the timing of your opponent's attacks.

I agree that Boomer has a lot of strengths. His main problem is just that many characters don't have to follow his trail to defeat him. Ranged attackers, remote-control attackers like Ignitor, Lightning Rod and Dino Rang, mid-range blasts like Wham-Shell's Poseidon Strike, and conal AoE from the likes of Cynder and Gill Grunt are all quite problematic. For me, to be A-tier or above means that you don't really have wide groups of weaknesses. He's very powerful, but for me, succumbs to too many different tactics for a ranking as high as his dominance over certain types of characters would indicate.

As for Chop Chop, I'll continue giving him chances. I've played a lot of him, but until we get online play, there's really no way of telling if our perceptions are absolute.

Yeah, looks like I'll give Ignitor another look. To be honest, I never tried using mortars up close. I always go sword when my foe gets near, but then he gets beaten almost every time I try that. I'll take what you said into account, and maybe I can move Ignitor up in my house's rankings.

Keep trying with Chop Chop. I may post some battle results with him vs other C-tier characters.
---
AoSTH quote of the week:

#117 Posted: 15:50:00 10/06/2012
I agree that Chop Chop should be in the C tier. I don't really find him that bad. He consistently beats Golden Frenzy Trigger Happy.

For the single player list, Stealth Elf is easily at the top. Cynder probably isn't as high, although the other S tier's are. Melee landers apart from Chop Chop would all rank pretty high.
---
#118 Posted: 18:06:48 10/06/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Cheeseman
I agree that Chop Chop should be in the C tier. I don't really find him that bad. He consistently beats Golden Frenzy Trigger Happy.

For the single player list, Stealth Elf is easily at the top. Cynder probably isn't as high, although the other S tier's are. Melee landers apart from Chop Chop would all rank pretty high.

There's a good start.

We still need to decide whether to judge "single player ability" as enemy-wiping power during levels, or effectiveness in the final Kaos battle. What are people's thoughts?
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:07:31 10/06/2012 by EgoNaut
#119 Posted: 19:43:55 10/06/2012
I think the ultimate judge of a character's ability in single-player is definitely enemy wiping. Kaos is a game of Stealth Elf [----HUGE GAP----] everyone else, due to her broken damage and self-regenerative capabilities, so she would be all alone in the top tier if we did it like that. The majority of the game is enemy wiping, and we'll have a much more diverse tier system if we do it like that.
#120 Posted: 19:59:09 10/06/2012 | Topic Creator
I think the ultimate judge of a character's ability in single-player is definitely enemy wiping. Kaos is a game of Stealth Elf [----HUGE GAP----] everyone else, due to her broken damage and self-regenerative capabilities, so she would be all alone in the top tier if we did it like that. The majority of the game is enemy wiping, and we'll have a much more diverse tier system if we do it like that.

Good thinking.

I say we make things easy at first by using a basic A, B or C tier list for single player so that we can work our way outwards later on.
I'd like everyone to pelt me with ideas for which characters' upgrade paths would go where, and some time over the coming week if I get a moment between exam revision, I'll put together a first edition of the single player tier list.

Just so people know, if a single player tier list does get made, I will make room for it in the first post by merging the other two tier lists, making marked duplicates of characters where there are version-specific differences ("Eruptor / Volcanoer (PC/PS3/Xbox360)" in one tier and "Eruptor / Volcanoer (Wii)" in another, etc). Would people be okay with that?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:02:12 10/06/2012 by EgoNaut
#121 Posted: 18:37:44 11/06/2012
Based on enemy wiping, since that's 25 of the 26 levels, here's my list for the first two tier's:

S tier: Pook Blade Saint Stealth Elf

A tier: Master Blaster Drobot, Granite Dragon Bash, Marauder Voodood, Channeler Double Trouble, Soul of the Flame Ignitor

B tier: Blizzard Brawler Slam Bam, Floral Defender Zook, Shadow Dancer Cynder, Demolition Troll Boomer, Marksman Flameslinger

That's all I can come up with at the moment. Sorry. I'll give it a proper go tomorrow.
---
#122 Posted: 17:12:19 16/06/2012
For story mode, water weaver Gill Grunt should be A-tier. He can easily wipe out groups of enemies with his hose, and his jetpack gives him remarkable speed.

Eruptor is pretty good too (on the Wii), due to his eruption attack taking down pretty much any enemy next to him. He is, however, very slow.

Chop Chop on the sword path is actually quite good for single player, as he gets healed for each enemy he kills with his sword. His sword strikes also have decent range with the final upgrade.

Those are some of my ideas for the single-player list.
---
AoSTH quote of the week:

Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:27:52 16/06/2012 by pigman50
#123 Posted: 17:28:06 16/06/2012
I wouldn't say that Eruptor is that great on PVE. He has to be really close up to do any form of damage, which is a liability against the Shadow Knights and the like. His incredibly low speed doesn't help either.
---
#124 Posted: 17:46:48 16/06/2012
Quote: Cheeseman
I wouldn't say that Eruptor is that great on PVE. He has to be really close up to do any form of damage, which is a liability against the Shadow Knights and the like. His incredibly low speed doesn't help either.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the shadow knights. Always prove Eruptor's downfall in story mode.

Bash is probably better. He can do lots of damage up close too, but he is faster with his roll dash.
---
AoSTH quote of the week:

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:47:12 16/06/2012 by pigman50
CynderVolts Green Sparx Gems: 372
#125 Posted: 04:14:38 17/06/2012
Has anyone said anything about spyro's flameball upgrade path???? it is beast. He can do a lot of damage at long range, one flameball explodes, and you can do MORE damage by charging it up. I will use him if i am really stuck, he is my favourite character by far. (besides cynder smilie) oh and i play on wii.
---
Too much volts, not enough lightning.
GAH!! WHERE THE FUDGESTICKS ARE YOU BOOMER!!!
#126 Posted: 08:30:56 17/06/2012
Quote: CynderVolts
Has anyone said anything about spyro's flameball upgrade path???? it is beast. He can do a lot of damage at long range, one flameball explodes, and you can do MORE damage by charging it up. I will use him if i am really stuck, he is my favourite character by far. (besides cynder smilie) oh and i play on wii.

I find Spyro a fairly average character. He deserves to be where he is at the moment. I really can't see him winning against any of the lower A tier frankly.
---
Geekycat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1184
#127 Posted: 10:30:57 17/06/2012
I think that Blaze dragon is under-rated. He could easily go on the lower A tier. He could easily take down nearly all of the lower A's, and most othe B's to boot.
---
If you can't think of something clever to say, ask someone like me.
whirlwindman Green Sparx Gems: 289
#128 Posted: 14:42:27 18/06/2012
I recently just looked at the pvp tier list and I don't know if it is just me but bone crafter hex seems too low I can easily use hex to wipe out all the other characters of skylanders (cept drobot) and I would easily put her in upper a tier also when I use hex I usually conjure a wall of bones in a corner then start summoning skulls and when my opponent gets close I use phantom orbs which can push enemies back, does fast damage and another thing to note is that when hex is summoning the skulls they can deflect enemy projectiles and they also do 15 damage to anything to close
---
skylanders I own:smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Looking for:smilie
cooliothex Green Sparx Gems: 410
#129 Posted: 19:40:13 20/07/2012
Double Trouble might be on Xbox as well. You can use the bouncepads to perform a loop with him. The beam stays locked on and most characters
cant hit him in the air. My main problem is long ranged characters that dont need to get close to land an attack.
---
I have: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
For the wind!
Aquatic Llama Green Sparx Gems: 436
#130 Posted: 22:17:02 20/07/2012
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=55784

This is the link to a topic I made about Dino Rang belonging in the "S" Tier.
#131 Posted: 16:57:16 23/07/2012
May I suggest a PRRROMOTION for Megadozer Drill Sergeant? He doesn't really fit in the bottom tier. I find he can always beat Stealth Elf. He is one of the fastest characters in the game, so he can easily avoid damage.

I would suggest that he should be moved to the B-tier. He's not that good, but he doesn't look right in a tier with Trigger Happy.

This is for the Wii tier list, by the way.
---
AoSTH quote of the week:

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:55:04 23/07/2012 by pigman50
Madhouse1 Green Sparx Gems: 450
#132 Posted: 20:33:58 23/07/2012
Here's my broken one
Top tier
Drobot
Ignitor
Zook
Terrafin
Double trouble
Cynder
---
Right now I'm willing to battle people on Super Smash Bros Brawl
#133 Posted: 02:01:39 25/07/2012 | Topic Creator
@Aquatic Llama: I've just read your thread all the way through and found it rather informative! Moving Dino-Rang to S Tier...

@pigman50: This thing about Wii Version Meagadozer is interesting me. I am aware that Megadozer is nerfed on the Wii by comparison to the other consoles, but is it true that he qualifies for B Tier anyway?
Can anyone provide any further opinions or hard evidence on this?

Unrelated: Does anyone fancy the idea of dividing the B Tier in to an Upper-B and Lower-B tier for greater accuracy within that tier, like we did with the A tier before?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:02:27 25/07/2012 by EgoNaut
Aquatic Llama Green Sparx Gems: 436
#134 Posted: 02:09:08 25/07/2012
Quote: EgoNaut
@Aquatic Llama: I've just read your thread all the way through and found it rather informative! Moving Dino-Rang to S Tier...

@pigman50: This thing about Wii Version Meagadozer is interesting me. I am aware that Megadozer is nerfed on the Wii by comparison to the other consoles, but is it true that he qualifies for B Tier anyway?

Unrelated: Does anyone fancy the idea of dividing the B Tier in to an Upper-B and Lower-B tier for greater accuracy within that tier, like we did with the A tier before?

Thank you. I think you should make an upper B and a Lower B.
#135 Posted: 02:31:49 25/07/2012
Quote: Aquatic Llama
Quote: EgoNaut

Thank you. I think you should make an upper B and a Lower B.

that would be great,on a side note,you made a great job with this topic,it's very useful.
#136 Posted: 14:25:27 25/07/2012 | Topic Creator
Then I will divide up the B Tier!

I'll do my best to sort a few B Tier characters (and some C Tier characters) into the Upper-B and Lower-B tiers based on what I remember about them, just to start us off.
I'll need everyone's help to make the Upper-B and Lower-B Tier arrangements accurate, so please pitch in any opinions you can that will help!
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:43:27 25/07/2012 by EgoNaut
#137 Posted: 17:25:11 25/07/2012
I think Megadozer Drill Sergeant should be lower B on the Wii. He's not as good on this version, but he could beat most of the C-tier characters anyway.
---
AoSTH quote of the week:

#138 Posted: 19:04:19 25/07/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: pigman50
I think Megadozer Drill Sergeant should be lower B on the Wii. He's not as good on this version, but he could beat most of the C-tier characters anyway.

I actually already had him put in the Lower B tier for Wii version for this reason precisely. smilie
---
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#139 Posted: 05:02:45 26/07/2012
Bone Crafter Hex needs to be moved down to Upper B Tier. The Bone Wall accepts almost no damage so anything can hit her during her interruptable Rain of Skulls. The Rain of Skulls is easily dodged, and, when it DOES hit, does little damage at... 25 a pop. Orbs would be a decent attack, but again, the Bone Wall is quickly crushed. Everything in A Tier can win against her easily.

Ultimate Spinner Wrecking Ball should be at the top of Lower B Tier or bottom of Upper B. He does decent damage and the Forcefield's invincibility is good, but it's too hard to control and renders the Tongue completely useless.
#140 Posted: 08:34:10 26/07/2012
Quote: Nibelilt
Bone Crafter Hex needs to be moved down to Upper B Tier. The Bone Wall accepts almost no damage so anything can hit her during her interruptable Rain of Skulls. The Rain of Skulls is easily dodged, and, when it DOES hit, does little damage at... 25 a pop. Orbs would be a decent attack, but again, the Bone Wall is quickly crushed. Everything in A Tier can win against her easily.

Ultimate Spinner Wrecking Ball should be at the top of Lower B Tier or bottom of Upper B. He does decent damage and the Forcefield's invincibility is good, but it's too hard to control and renders the Tongue completely useless.

Despite being outclassed by Zook, Hex still deserves her spot in the A-tier. She has no trouble with melee characters and she can beat some ranged attackers too. The Skull rain actually does 35 damage, not 25 by the way.
---
AoSTH quote of the week:

#141 Posted: 08:48:29 26/07/2012
Nope, it's doing 25 for me. I'm on the Wii.
#142 Posted: 08:54:01 26/07/2012
That's odd. I'm on the Wii too, and it does 35. Is your Hex fully upgraded?
---
AoSTH quote of the week:

#143 Posted: 12:52:17 26/07/2012
I'm pretty sure it is. smilie

Either way, if Hex stays lower-A, she needs to be right at the bottom.

Also, I just finished upgrading my Voodood down Marauder. How the heck is he not in S-Tier? That's crazy! smilie Vodood is arguably one of the best Melee characters in the game, maybe even better than Stealth!
#144 Posted: 16:00:42 26/07/2012 | Topic Creator
I think I should repeat at this point that the characters are not listed in any particular order or position in each tier. This means there is no such thing as "very bottom of the Upper B tier" or "very top of the Lower B tier" etc. The character is either in the Upper B tier or the Lower B tier and nothing else.

... This may be temporary, of course. Later on, if people feel up to the challenge, we could attempt to put each character in a precise order within their tiers.

• Wrecking Ball / Ultimate Spinner moved to Lower B tier on Nibelilt's recommendation. May move him elsewhere later if any new developments occur.

As for Voodood's positioning, i'm uncertain. I must admit I myself have been wondering whether he should be in the S Tier.
I think this is a case where I'll wait to see what Tashiji's has to say, seeing as he has a lot of opinions about Voodood.
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 16:09:40 26/07/2012 by EgoNaut
#145 Posted: 17:12:10 26/07/2012
I think that, when played right, Voodood easily belongs in the S-tier. However, I do have one caveat, which is of course the learning curve. The other characters in the S-tier just plain start out broken, and will give even inexperienced players an easy win against skilled opposition depending on tier placement alone. Voodood is somewhat of an anomaly in this regard. Yes, he is strong; when played right, absurdly so, and definitely keeps up with the S-tier characters. He does take TONS of practice, though, and in terms of just picking up and playing him without spending substantial amounts of time mastering aiming the Zipline, he won't immediately get the results that a person can get by putting Double Trouble on the portal and spamming Magic Bombs.

So, if we're placing characters based on innate brokenness, strength in the hands of anyone, I think he's fine in the A-tier. He's not everyone's cup of tea, and he doesn't immediately KO the other S-tier characters without working for it. However, on overall potential, and strength when fully mastered, he's quite effective against the top-tier characters.
noco99 Blue Sparx Gems: 787
#146 Posted: 18:06:25 26/07/2012
Who is the better S-tier Earth type, smilie or smilie?
---
How is Fun Size candy more fun than regular candy if it's less candy?
Write in my Gb or Pm me if you like Minecraft!
#147 Posted: 18:28:59 26/07/2012
Honestly? I prefer Dino Rang. He may not have as many guaranteed wins as Terrafin, but he's up against far fewer guaranteed losses. Aside from LL Lightning Rod and SotF Ignitor, Dino Rang really isn't outright weak to anyone. He'll have an even chance or better against virtually all opponents, which is somewhat less true for Terrafin, who can struggle to get wins against several of his top-tier counterparts.
#148 Posted: 04:09:53 27/07/2012
Nonono... Voodood... Difficult? Here is my preaching for Voodood being S-Tier:

-Not only does he have a mad looking axe, but it does 42 damage for ONE NON-COMBO HIT. Any other melee character, except perhaps Stealth and Bash, thus lose to Voodood.
-A combo actually worth using. the B Combo shoots out a long-range, piercing Magic Axe which has the same power as a normal swing, allowing him to hit characters like Drobot and maybe even a shot or two at Zook if lucky, and counter the other two melees in S. (Zook and Ignitor still beat him though...)
-Tripwires can hit certain opponents he would otherwise take a while to beat(Bash in particular).
-Mad looking axe. Eon, how I want one for Christmas.
-Zipline. Murder me for putting it second-last on the list but it sounds like you guys rely on it too much. Use Magic Axe for a long-range attack instead unless facing a weaker character or you have a big opening! The Zipline is better for dodging stuff like Drobot's lasers than reaching your foe.
-Extremely minor bonus but Spin Axe allows him to get rid of Medea Griffon Babies with ease and very little fuss.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 06:58:16 27/07/2012 by Nibelilt
Bean Sprout Blue Sparx Gems: 893
#149 Posted: 21:54:38 27/07/2012
This is a great thread! I would love to help with this!
---
"No, John. It is pretty weird that ghosts have to pee."
#150 Posted: 00:21:54 28/07/2012
When I did try my Voodood strategy quickly yesterday it didn't work as well as I thought. Still, I think as far as Melee characters go, he's got better damage than Stealth. In fact, the only reason I would put Stealth above Voodood is because of her (almost useless) health restoration, and better speed.

Melee characters are a tricky thing, since every long-ranger beats them. Even Zap might be able to eek out a win against a BB Slam Bam, Spyro can get rid of Bash, and so on.
First | Previous | Page 3 of 7 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me