Page 1 of 1
Skylanders Tiers [CLOSED]
Cheeseman Green Sparx Gems: 462
#1 Posted: 16:22:30 12/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Hi everyone. I saw this other thread about RossMacDaddy's tiering system, and I think we could do much better. We would probably have to do one for both console and the Wii, since there are some important differences(like Eruptor and Flameslinger's damage output). The S or God tier is probably Stealth Elf, Drobot and Terrafin(I haven't tried Cynder yet), but I need some help with the other tiers. Thanks.
---
Skylanders: All of them. Boom!
voodude Blue Sparx Gems: 715
#2 Posted: 18:01:19 12/03/2012
i suggest to consider the characters two times, one per path. because pook blade stealth elf is S, but forest ninja isn't
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieITALIAsmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Aqua Green Sparx Gems: 439
#3 Posted: 19:53:26 12/03/2012
With that said, there are perks to each path. For example, Cynder is a beast no matter what path, however, on the Wii the upgrade that has the ghosts slow down enemies is very noticeable whereas on the XBox and PS3 it is not. Despite this a lot of people still like to take advantage of her evasiveness, myself included. So I really like your idea about separating the Wii from the other consoles.

I think depending on the person tier lists will be different. I've noticed here though a lot of people are a fan of Whirlwind and RossMacDaddy has her in the lowest tier, and after owning her I really disagree, since not only is she great for storyline play but she is also fantastic when it comes to two player if you have her Soul Gem upgrade... especially if you're playing with someone who is either younger or new to Skylanders and is getting their butt kicked.

TL; DR - Tier lists sound fun, especially with different lists for Wii vs. other consoles... just no arguments because of opinions please smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:53:43 12/03/2012 by Aqua
EgoNaut Yellow Sparx Gems: 1730
#4 Posted: 20:37:20 12/03/2012
A few threads have been made on this subject, so I was thinking one day when I have the time I might compile all of the relevant discussions had about it both on this forum and on the skylanders.proboards forum and make an ultimate tier list that would have both upgrade paths of each character considered as seperate entities, plus an entirely seperate version of the tier list for the Wii version because of the various statistical differences that occur there.
Would people help me out if I tried this?
---
S1: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S2: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S3: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:38:08 12/03/2012 by EgoNaut
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#5 Posted: 20:49:23 12/03/2012
Absolutely I would.
Geekycat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1184
#6 Posted: 20:53:28 12/03/2012
Quote: EgoNaut
A few threads have been made on this subject, so I was thinking one day when I have the time I might compile all of the relevant discussions had about it both on this forum and on the skylanders.proboards forum and make an ultimate tier list that would have both upgrade paths of each character considered as seperate entities, plus an entirely seperate version of the tier list for the Wii version because of the various statistical differences that occur there.
Would people help me out if I tried this?

Sure. An idea would to get a sticky thread and get a group of people as a kind of members, who can compile the list, but others can post ideas to be compiled. I only have the wii version, but I have way to much time on my hands, and can gather the strength of each attack on each path of the skylanders I have, but again, I'd love to help.
---
If you can't think of something clever to say, ask someone like me.
#7 Posted: 21:16:17 12/03/2012
i will help, even if my help won't be very useful
---
#8 Posted: 21:26:13 12/03/2012
I never thought there'd be so much support for that idea.

I'll start on it tonight and try to have work-in-progress tier lists posted by the end of this week for people to work on.
---
S1: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:27:02 12/03/2012 by EgoNaut
D-Rex Blue Sparx Gems: 815
#9 Posted: 00:34:56 13/03/2012
GOD TIER:

Slam Bam with Yeti Coolness Factor

EVERYBODY ELSE TIER:

Everybody else
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#10 Posted: 02:26:41 13/03/2012
Quote: EgoNaut
I never thought there'd be so much support for that idea.

I'll start on it tonight and try to have work-in-progress tier lists posted by the end of this week for people to work on.

EgoNaut, I'm going to do the same thing actually. Then we can compare our findings and iron out what needs to be ironed out. It'll be interesting to see what two independently-developed tier lists will look like in the end.

Are we doing solely PVP, or taking story worth into account in deciding overall strength?
malouff Blue Sparx Gems: 593
#11 Posted: 05:21:12 13/03/2012
Can I also suggest that if you are also planning on posting stats for those that have more than one character on both paths to have them on the same level and same amount of challenges completed and report the damage they do and any important notes.

For example: Double Trouble if I remember correctly only deals five more damage on the Channeler path with his beam but it also get a longer reach, his bomb attack deals more damage than the other path and has the biggest change in the number of damage.

However, going the other path the doubles deal more damage I forget buy what amount.
I think the doubles are the reverse of the bomb.
I don't see what is the reverse of the longer path maybe it was suppose to be that the doubles are not mindless, that they can grow, or are auto created by the beam.
But we need to remember in this path that the doubles are different as you can have a large or small.
In a pvp you will not see any difference of a large double attacking vs a normal sized double as they deal the same amount of damage to a single object.
So unless the reverse of the longer beam is that the double is not mindless the other alternatives don't help as much in a pvp as a longer reach does.
Using the larger doubles you will only notice a difference in the game as they can take out a larger group when they explode vs default size.
---
Still need from 1st game
volcanic vault & smilie
#12 Posted: 06:08:34 13/03/2012
We have two copies of each character, one boxed and one opened, down each path, and with all Heroic Challenges completed. Findings should be, for the most part, balanced on my end. I agree, though. Heroic Challenges are a huge factor in overall effectiveness, and will definitely be taken into account.
#13 Posted: 20:20:23 13/03/2012
Actually Tashiji I was thinking instead of doing research to create tier lists all on my own, I was thinking I would start a collaboratively-developed tier list project of sorts where I would use my own research to start us off but then have everyone else who is interested pitch in their arguments and combine ideas, and I would edit the tier list bit by bit according to everyone's findings.

Instead of making your own tier list in your own thread, I could post mine and then you could post all of your findings and we could merge our results. You could be a sort of head researcher if you like.

EDIT: Alright. I've done what I can within two nights to read all the relevant threads I could find on both forums to make two rough, incomplete and innacurate tier lists for both Wii and non-Wii versions to be used as the starting points in my idea for a collaborative tier list project.

I'll wait to see if Tashiji has any other ideas or plans and then post the thread tommorw.
---
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 22:39:07 13/03/2012 by EgoNaut
#14 Posted: 23:44:21 13/03/2012
That's exactly what I mean. A collaborative tier list where results are merged, discussed, refined, and solidified among multiple people. I'm working on one as well, and am looking forward to sharing our results.

Are you doing a number-by-number list of characters from best to worst, or grouping tiers by general strength?
Kao Kitty Blue Sparx Gems: 652
#15 Posted: 00:24:14 14/03/2012
I think the tiering list on gamefaqs that I saw was for PvP, which does bring another view to this. Some paths or characters in general are more effective when it comes to one on one combat. Going back to Whilwind, the soul gem upgrade is useless for PvP, which is a good reason to place her low.
Geekycat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1184
#16 Posted: 07:59:04 14/03/2012
I think we do it based on two things, power and style. Stump smash is way more powerful than drobot, but his style means that he is alot more effective. I think three lists are in order, from three different people: Wii version, Non Wii version and PvP.
---
If you can't think of something clever to say, ask someone like me.
#17 Posted: 14:25:27 14/03/2012
actually i think the wii/not-wii thing is more important for pvp than for pve. is almost the same thing for the spec path too.
imo there should be 5 tiers for example:
S supergood/god characters
A very good character but "fair"
B "simply" good
C medium characters (fine but not very powerful)
D bad characters
---
#18 Posted: 19:18:40 14/03/2012
As I said, I have two incomplete-and-probably-inacurate lists ready right now, one for Wii and one for non-Wii, that are specific to PvP (I'm sure we'd make Single Player tier lists later) and group both individual upgrade paths of all 32 characters+legendary variants using five tiers:
S Tier for overpowered/broken characters
A Tier for good fair characters (and I was planning to maybe divide this tier in to two later on)
B Tier for average characters
C Tier for bad characters
D Tier for underpowered/broken characters
The tier lists do not order the skylanders by precise numbers, but again, this is a feature that could later be added from other people's efforts once the basic framework is in place.

Alright Tashiji, i'm waiting on your call now: For the purposes of everyone else's convenience we should keep these tier lists in one thread, so if you want to post your tier lists in your own thread then say so, but if you're happy for me to post my thread and get this project rolling and then you post your findings in to that then say so as well. It's your choice, just make sure you tell me.
---
#19 Posted: 21:50:08 14/03/2012
EgoNaut-- Yes, please start the thread. I'd be happy to post to it. Sounds great.
Rays Green Sparx Gems: 392
#20 Posted: 23:40:20 14/03/2012
All characters are good in this game but there are 4 characters that are overpowered.
---
Youtube account: KoopaBoo2
PortalMaster #517721
Skylanders owned: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me