Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 155 of 174 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 153 154 155 156 157 ... 172 173 174
OFFICIAL "I Just Bought" Thread [STICKY]
G2nt Yellow Sparx Gems: 1130
#7701 Posted: 18:34:17 22/11/2015
I bought a regular Slobbertooth and another Rollerbrawl for £1 each
---
Boop!
Barrysun Gold Sparx Gems: 2106
#7702 Posted: 19:37:22 22/11/2015
I've just bought eon's elite Chop-chop and Terrafin for $9.99 from Gamestop, finishing off my first eon's elite for trap team. (they were both on sale)
Banditguy Green Sparx Gems: 224
#7703 Posted: 10:37:52 23/11/2015
Got superchargers and finished the game a couple days later.
---
Mario kart 8: destroyer of friendships
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#7704 Posted: 04:46:02 25/11/2015
Gamestop has put back up their buy two get three free toys to life sale both in store and online. Seems to be going on for an entire two months, so it's a good way to get figures you missed out on. For $23.90 I got myself:

Lightcore Chill
Super Shot Stealth Elf
Swap Force Fryno
Tread Head
Thorn Horn Camo (He's probably the best looking reposed SF character!)

The figures are a bit overpriced outside of these sales. For example a Super Shot Stealth Elf for $11.99? Whatever. LOL! Also one has to structure which ones to get free as it's foolish to get a free $4.99 Wind-Up when you can get a $8.99 Fryno for free. So I plan to visit several Gamestops and try to structure the best deals. The website is a little off as they won't list stuff like any SuperChargers, half the Trap Team characters, Lightcore Chill and so on, so you basically need to visit the stores and hope they'll have 5 expensive figures you want at the saame time. I need several Trap Team Trap Masters (often $13ish used) but I'm not lucky enough to find 5 of them in store to make best use of the deal.

I made an order online last week during a much better buy three, get everything you buy for 50% off (including any other figures) and I ordered 8 figures, but they they shipped them to me in 4 different boxes from all over the USA. I think they had spent more on postage than what they got on the figures as I bought mostly cheapo figures. LOL! They really need to better inventory their central Texas location for all their inventory and not rely on their stores so much for sell outs. One thing with the last order, I ordered a $1.99 (99 cents after discount) Grim Creeper, but the store that they told to send me it sent me the more expensive Lightcore Grim Creeper. LOL! Nice to see a Gamestop mistake that actually benefited me for once.
---
Stay Cool!
MagnaSurge Yellow Sparx Gems: 1045
#7705 Posted: 07:33:41 25/11/2015
Finally got her on Monday. She's the only new Skylander I like. I don't care for the vehicles, so I won't be picking up the Splatter Splasher to match her. I don't even have the game, haha. I had to look through every Splat to look for molding and paint errors. Most had gaps between her hair and forehead, and some had twisted heads so she was facing the wrong way. I bought her now because of the Black Friday rush. I was surprised that the prices of these "cores" went up by three dollars than they normally are. Yes, they're a tiny bit larger than regular cores, but it shouldn't mean a higher price, but whatever.

[User Posted Image]
---
- I want Tara Strong to voice my waifu.
- Ashi will forever remain in my heart. :'c
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 07:55:36 25/11/2015 by MagnaSurge
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#7706 Posted: 17:28:25 25/11/2015
Quote: MagnaSurge
Finally got her on Monday. She's the only new Skylander I like. I don't care for the vehicles, so I won't be picking up the Splatter Splasher to match her. I don't even have the game, haha. I had to look through every Splat to look for molding and paint errors. Most had gaps between her hair and forehead, and some had twisted heads so she was facing the wrong way. I bought her now because of the Black Friday rush. I was surprised that the prices of these "cores" went up by three dollars than they normally are. Yes, they're a tiny bit larger than regular cores, but it shouldn't mean a higher price, but whatever.

I got my Splat on Sunday, she's great isn't she? The first one I picked up had a black dot on her forehead, the second one was perfect though. Someone complained about her staff being bent, but that's just how the figure is made.

You may want to get a cheap disc only of the game off ebay like I had done. I only wanted a Splat as well this year but obviously I wanted to play her too. She skips around and is so CUTE. There is a section in the game where she actually talks (all SuperChargers has a few lines of speech) and you'll probably want to hear her conversate as much as I did and you will love it. There really isn't any need to buy anything else this time around as you can beat the game without a single SuperCharger (use the in game instant characters when necessary), so you can do it with just a Splat and a few older characters. Gear Shift is a beast in the game and mows down everyone even on nightmare.

But yeah, I was surprised at how my only other SuperCharger figure (Stealth Elf) which I just got last night was so much bigger than her past figures, but it's not really worth an increase in price really. Just wait and get whatever you want during a discount sale, much like that Stealth Elf which cost me about $5. I'm pretty much taking a skip on SC as I don't care for the racing, but I still like having one each of the female characters.
---
Stay Cool!
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#7707 Posted: 19:16:32 25/11/2015
Her hop when she runs reminds me of Knightmare. The color explosion alone when you play her makes it a joy, the kickback mechanics make it dreamy.
#7708 Posted: 01:52:11 26/11/2015
Quote: fairyland
Quote: MagnaSurge

I got my Splat on Sunday, she's great isn't she? The first one I picked up had a black dot on her forehead, the second one was perfect though. Someone complained about her staff being bent, but that's just how the figure is made.

You may want to get a cheap disc only of the game off ebay like I had done. I only wanted a Splat as well this year but obviously I wanted to play her too. She skips around and is so CUTE. There is a section in the game where she actually talks (all SuperChargers has a few lines of speech) and you'll probably want to hear her conversate as much as I did and you will love it. There really isn't any need to buy anything else this time around as you can beat the game without a single SuperCharger (use the in game instant characters when necessary), so you can do it with just a Splat and a few older characters. Gear Shift is a beast in the game and mows down everyone even on nightmare.

But yeah, I was surprised at how my only other SuperCharger figure (Stealth Elf) which I just got last night was so much bigger than her past figures, but it's not really worth an increase in price really. Just wait and get whatever you want during a discount sale, much like that Stealth Elf which cost me about $5. I'm pretty much taking a skip on SC as I don't care for the racing, but I still like having one each of the female characters.

She's looks wonderful. And yeah, I agree with you on Splat's molding. The bent paint brush is how it's molded.

Thanks for the advice on getting the game on the cheap, but I'll pass on this game even if it were free. The mere presence of the vehicles in the game makes me not want to buy this game. Besides, I'll have to suffer on using the vehicles in the opening sequence and the final boss. I really really don't like the vehicles and see them as the worst gimmick this series has been put through. I'll wait until the next game, if that game's gimmick (or lack there of) is any good before I can play as Splat and my other Skylanders. I really hope for Skylanders 6 that there are NO gimmicks and it goes back to the pure gameplay of Spyro's Adventure. My last game was Swap Force and after that I waited all this time for a Skylanders game without a crappy gimmick, so I can wait a few more years for a gimmick that I'll like (or no gimmick) before I buy that game. I'll look up Splat's lines in some videos and I'm glad there's some dialogue for some of the Skylanders. The playable characters don't seem so hollow this time around like they've always been. And that's great to hear about Gear Shift! I've been wanting to use Gear Shift, but I can't, hahaha.

The only Superchargers I want are both Stealth Elves and both Roller Brawls; and possibly that blue variant Splat. But I'll have to resort to GameStop for the Elves. xD

Quote: TakeYourLemons
Her hop when she runs reminds me of Knightmare. The color explosion alone when you play her makes it a joy, the kickback mechanics make it dreamy.

Her explosions are multicolored?

>>>>

And I bought these today. I'm around 10 months late on getting them, but saved around 70 dollars! I'm glad I waited for these. I'm also an NIB collector. lol. cx

[User Posted Image]
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:58:25 26/11/2015 by MagnaSurge
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#7709 Posted: 07:28:49 26/11/2015
smiliesmilieHmm i got mine i think for $15 or $20, i prob should have waited. I might buy my son a set now for xmas since they are the old normal skylander price now.

and it seems spyro and chop chop are sold out online. I guess I'll go look for those some point this weekend.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 07:31:39 26/11/2015 by SlayerX11
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#7710 Posted: 15:39:45 28/11/2015
I got the 3DS Superchargers Starter, and Lava Lance Eruptor. LLE lacks detail though...
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#7711 Posted: 00:05:12 29/11/2015
I also got the 3DS starter...and the Vehicles(Sheild Striker, Thump Truck and Splatter Splasher)....altho none of my local stores didn't have any of the Wave 3 figures ...yet.
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
#7712 Posted: 07:03:01 30/11/2015
I picked these up on the night before Thanksgiving because I wanted to avoid the Black Thursday night rush. I'm pretty sure these wouldn't have been there the next day because the parents would've cleaned the shelves as I stood in line. I'm ok with not saving the extra dollars I could have since these would have most likely been gone. But I did save some money with the Rewards R Us discount. And I'm glad I got these when I did, because they were the only two left on the shelves. On the figures, I noticed that the Knight Mare on the right has her head/neck and arm arched backward and she doesn't match her actual pose, plus she is less shiny and glittery. The one on the left has her actual pose and is as shiny and glittery as she's supposed to be.

[User Posted Image]
---
OnionCakes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1810
#7713 Posted: 16:27:11 02/12/2015
Found a Splat last night! Really happy.
---
Check out my boyfriends Skylander ARTWORK
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=108425
http://jacob-a-sweet.tumblr.com/
Alphawolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1692
#7714 Posted: 02:53:16 04/12/2015
i just got splat and the terrafin duel pack from TRU. it came out to 39.98 and that buy 40 get 20 off deal still worked so i got them for 50% off.

magna, it looks like her neck is broken lol. but im tempted to get another knightmare and try to remove her helmet. im not sure if there is anything under it or just a unfinished edge. if it is finished under it i think she would look cooler without the helmet.

nice find too onion. the store i got my splat at it was the only one there, the cardboard on the package looks like its was bent but the figure is in good condition so i didnt mind.
Spybomb Blue Sparx Gems: 636
#7715 Posted: 03:44:44 04/12/2015
[User Posted Image]

Picked these up
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#7716 Posted: 05:22:20 04/12/2015
I bought Splat during black friday. Her price was $25, but it went down to $12 in the afternoon. I also purchased a Stealth Stinger from Target.com, but they gave me a Sea Shadow instead...
OnionCakes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1810
#7717 Posted: 16:59:46 04/12/2015
Quote: Alphawolf
i just got splat and the terrafin duel pack from TRU. it came out to 39.98 and that buy 40 get 20 off deal still worked so i got them for 50% off.

magna, it looks like her neck is broken lol. but im tempted to get another knightmare and try to remove her helmet. im not sure if there is anything under it or just a unfinished edge. if it is finished under it i think she would look cooler without the helmet.

nice find too onion. the store i got my splat at it was the only one there, the cardboard on the package looks like its was bent but the figure is in good condition so i didnt mind.

Mine has a bit of a dirty face but she's one I'm gonig to open so I figure I can clean her up on my own.

Goodluck with yours too smilie
---
Check out my boyfriends Skylander ARTWORK
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=108425
http://jacob-a-sweet.tumblr.com/
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#7718 Posted: 17:13:59 04/12/2015
Quote: Spybomb
[User Posted Image]

Picked these up

Is the B1G1 deal active yet, or are they actually holding something for Skylanders day?
Burning Gnorc Emerald Sparx Gems: 3463
#7719 Posted: 19:36:54 04/12/2015
Got my Elite Dino-Rang, yeeees! :>

...Why is his tail so long? It's really emphasised when you compare it to the original figure, now it's more lizard than dinosaur.
---
Eh.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#7720 Posted: 20:26:33 04/12/2015
Just bought Splatter Splasher, Thump Truck and Shield Striker.
All three have an awesome quality, especially Thump Truck.

Is it me or is Shield Striker made out of a particularly hard plastic?
It almost feels like tin or metal.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:27:11 04/12/2015 by Drek95
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3679
#7721 Posted: 18:44:13 05/12/2015
Just got nightfall and missile-tow dive clops
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
Drache Kaiser Emerald Sparx Gems: 3136
#7722 Posted: 20:36:08 05/12/2015
Got Nightfall, Stormblade, Sky Slicer and Jet Stream thanks to the sale at gamestop
Barrysun Gold Sparx Gems: 2106
#7723 Posted: 21:42:43 05/12/2015
I've just got Nightfall, missle-tow Dive clops, and big bubble pop fizz with Burn-cycle and sea shadow.
if I were to check out my poster, I'm missing normal Astroblast, double dare trigger happy, Thrillipede, and Bobe bash Roller brawl.
Fireworks Emerald Sparx Gems: 3094
#7724 Posted: 21:48:00 05/12/2015
I got Splat, Astroblast with the Sky Racing Pack, Elite Voodood and Boomer today.
Unfortunately no sign of Nightfall in my country yet, we don't even have any release date for her.
---
Don't mind me, I'm just not a very talkative person.
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#7725 Posted: 23:11:01 05/12/2015
I got Nightfall and Missile Tow today.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#7726 Posted: 23:55:12 05/12/2015
Just got Splat and the guy at the store helped me pick out Wrecking Ball for my little nephew (since there weren't any green Skylanders this round, I had to ask for "what's cool to a five year old?" XD). My Superchargers collection is now complete (I only wanted Splat). :D
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#7727 Posted: 18:13:14 06/12/2015
Got Splat and Nightfall! (even though I don't have SSC yet)
Just Elite Dino-Rang left for ones I'm definitely going to get.
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#7728 Posted: 20:43:28 06/12/2015
I bought a giants 3DS for only 20 bucks .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
DarkPredator Gold Sparx Gems: 2276
#7729 Posted: 23:09:10 06/12/2015
On Black Friday I got the Wii U Starter for Superchargers for $30 at Target. I also picked up Splat and Stealth Stinger for around $8 each. Yesterday for Skylanders Day I got the Sea Racing Action Pack for $17.
---
"Still as silent as ever, eh?" - Blue, Pokémon Sun and Moon
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#7730 Posted: 23:58:24 06/12/2015
Just got S1 Voodood. Need photos?
---
Bruh
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#7731 Posted: 00:17:59 07/12/2015
Quote: Crash10
Just got S1 Voodood. Need photos?

Hey man, pics or it didn't happen.
#7732 Posted: 02:26:31 07/12/2015
Here it go:

[User Posted Image]
---
Bruh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:15:04 07/12/2015 by Crash10
superhalite Blue Sparx Gems: 970
#7733 Posted: 03:14:24 07/12/2015
I got some missed skylanders coming in the mail:
1.swarm
2.undead minis
3.high volt
4.dune bug
5. Series 1 sprocket
6. Sonic boom
7. Series 2 stump smash

Oh yea, one big Christmas haul.
---
We rely too much on technology yes that is true,but it's not going anywhere.
superhalite Blue Sparx Gems: 970
#7734 Posted: 03:16:26 07/12/2015
btw, is there a way for me to post pics on mobile when it comes?
---
We rely too much on technology yes that is true,but it's not going anywhere.
#7735 Posted: 03:23:32 07/12/2015
I got Elite Stealth Elf today. Only 2 more TT Elites left.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
GoHeels999 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1022
#7736 Posted: 04:15:58 07/12/2015
Have a pile of Skylanders Superchargers and an Xbox One Dark Edition ready to wrap for the family for Xmas. Got Nightfall at Gamestop and B1G1 Saturday. 19 days to go!
brittanydill Green Sparx Gems: 184
#7737 Posted: 16:52:24 08/12/2015
Found a Rusted High Volt last night at the Millenia Toys R Us in Orlando, FL
Bought it with SSB Peach amiibo, BOGO-40% off smilie

[User Posted Image]
#7738 Posted: 17:46:53 08/12/2015
Quote: Drawdler
Quote: Crash10
Here it go:

[User Posted Image]

Clearly a photoshopped Little Mac. :^)

I didn't understand the joke...
---
Bruh
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#7739 Posted: 17:54:42 08/12/2015
Quote: brittanydill
Found a Rusted High Volt last night at the Millenia Toys R Us in Orlando, FL
Bought it with SSB Peach amiibo, BOGO-40% off smilie

Nice find!
---
Dead
Gentleman Brawl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1050
#7740 Posted: 19:46:34 09/12/2015
Bought Mistletoe Dive clops and Shield striker a few days ago.

So glad I passed on getting regular Dive Clops.
---
Fancy Skylanders are stronger in this zone.
Banditguy Green Sparx Gems: 224
#7741 Posted: 18:27:50 10/12/2015
Got dive clops today
---
Mario kart 8: destroyer of friendships
griswoldthunder Gold Sparx Gems: 2953
#7742 Posted: 20:30:02 14/12/2015
Just found and bought the rusted/patina Lava Lance Eruptor for $6.99 at Toys R Us. This is the first chase variant that I have ever found in the wild.
DarkPredator Gold Sparx Gems: 2276
#7743 Posted: 15:18:55 17/12/2015
Recently got the regular sky racing action pack as well as nightfall and smash hit.
---
"Still as silent as ever, eh?" - Blue, Pokémon Sun and Moon
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#7744 Posted: 15:39:44 17/12/2015
Quote: griswoldthunder
Just found and bought the rusted/patina Lava Lance Eruptor for $6.99 at Toys R Us. This is the first chase variant that I have ever found in the wild.

Wow, congrats. Still hoping I'll bump into one in stores.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Spybomb Blue Sparx Gems: 636
#7745 Posted: 19:51:30 17/12/2015
ToysRUs today for 6.99
[User Posted Image]
#7746 Posted: 17:29:09 19/12/2015
I opened my Thump Truck and it exploded, so I stacked them into a fusion
[img][User Posted Image][/img]

Now I'm just upset because Shield Striker should have been like this
---
Boop!
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2989
#7747 Posted: 19:23:49 19/12/2015
Quote: G2nt

Somebody needs to do a mod where the gear wheels are cut off and replaced with those monster ones!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:24:07 19/12/2015 by 4inCreation
#7748 Posted: 20:09:01 19/12/2015
Quote: G2nt

It exploded?

EDIT: I was at TRU today and saw all SC toys were 50% off. I was holding off on Splatter Splasher so I could get the Triple Pack, because that was the cheapest option. But I calced it, and getting the Splatter Splasher 50% off and then the Roller Brawl double pack later was actually cheaper. So, I picked up the Splatter Splasher.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:13:34 19/12/2015 by 84skylanderdude
#7749 Posted: 21:25:13 19/12/2015
-----
---
Boop!
First | Previous | Page 155 of 174 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 153 154 155 156 157 ... 172 173 174

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me