Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 151 of 174 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 149 150 151 152 153 ... 172 173 174
OFFICIAL "I Just Bought" Thread [STICKY]
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#7501 Posted: 19:14:49 11/07/2015
Quote: DobermanOwner
I did some hunting yesterday while in another city for an appointment. Found Jawbreaker at Hastings! Now my TT collection is complete as far as figures go.

Stopped in the Target there and found something I thought was weird...
[User Posted Image]
9 Gnarly Tree Rexes just sitting there... A box must have been found laying in a warehouse somewhere.

I wouldn't be a bit suprised if there's A LOT of Skylander figures sitting in warehouse's all over the states...and other countries for that matter.

Oh and i have all the figure's of all the games....cept for the rare variants of corse..(of witch i don't realy want them do to i can just paint my own if i wanted to....hence i made my own Employee Edition Gold-Snow Covered Prism Break)or whatever its called..lol.
All i need now are the 3 Yawn Traps.
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:17:07 11/07/2015 by Phoenix_Lord
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#7502 Posted: 20:28:45 11/07/2015
[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

Found some Skylanders at garage sales this weekend. Didn't need any but I thought people would like to see what's out there and for how much. Can you spot the two headless dragons?
---
Stay Cool!
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#7503 Posted: 23:11:25 11/07/2015
Quote: fairyland
Top Pic
Bottom Pic

Found some Skylanders at garage sales this weekend. Didn't need any but I thought people would like to see what's out there and for how much. Can you spot the two headless dragons?

Spyro in the top pic, Flashwing in the bottom pic. Poor dragons :c
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#7504 Posted: 00:25:02 12/07/2015
Found at a GameStop for under $20 a red Drill Sergeant . Ended up picking him up
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#7505 Posted: 04:12:38 12/07/2015
[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

I only see the headless Flashwing
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#7506 Posted: 11:45:30 12/07/2015
Quote: PwnageFTW
Can you spot the two headless dragons?

I only see the headless Flashwing

Top Pic
[User Posted Image]
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#7507 Posted: 11:22:07 13/07/2015
Should those pics not be on the used toys thread ?
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
#7508 Posted: 19:55:28 13/07/2015
Quote: Dark fhoenix
Should those pics not be on the used toys thread ?

Hmm...the OP said in post #1 that this thread was for the "finding/buying skylander figures" among other things. I'm pretty sure his intents were to include interesting Skylander discoveries which you didn't buy. I know what the topic title says, but I think that was an overlook.

If people feel that they are better off in a used section, then I'll post over there, but the only trouble is that I just may end up buying a few figures like I done in post #7478, which could go the images go into either thread. Or perhaps I'll lie next time and say I bought everything I found there. No one would ever know the difference, right? smilie

Anyway the reason why I took images and posted them as that I found them amusing enough to share. Where else will you find headless zombie dragons or a small army of Trigger Happy for 50 cents each? And for the serious minded, you can check out what Skylanders are going for at garage sales and learn not to overpay. I'm being amusing as well as informative.
---
Stay Cool!
TJRedeemer Blue Sparx Gems: 596
#7509 Posted: 05:47:21 16/07/2015
Bought a metallic green Gill Grunt at Toys R Us thinking it was one of those rare "one and a million" variants that people always talk about. Checked SCL though and it turned out to be a fairly common variant. Oh well, still special to me though. smilie
Vertalus Blue Sparx Gems: 547
#7510 Posted: 12:12:33 16/07/2015
Ordered Tuff Luck, Short cut and Thunderbolt from the sale Amazon was having.
---
Favorite type Skylander: Feline and Dragon. Still need: Echo, Rocky Roll, the ever elusive dark element trap,and more
#7511 Posted: 17:15:10 16/07/2015
Quote: TJRedeemer
Bought a metallic green Gill Grunt at Toys R Us thinking it was one of those rare "one and a million" variants that people always talk about. Checked SCL though and it turned out to be a fairly common variant. Oh well, still special to me though. smilie

I used to get tricked like this too before I learned which ones are the ones people want. A hint that it's not so rare is if you see a few dozen of them and you are in Toys R Us. I believe that there is a special Skylanders sale day every year where they will re-release them too, so they always seem to be in stock all year round as people are not really all that interested in them. They are the most peg warmerish ones at my store.

The only rare one I ever got from my TRU was the Flocked Springtime Trigger Happy which were 1 per store. I got lucky with that as I got in late and they sold a lot of figures already and it's almost impossible to tell it from a normal one unless you knew what you were looking for. He was on the bottom right-most peg all the way in the back where some mum wouldn't have gone to when buying one for their kid.
---
Stay Cool!
PopFizzMagic Yellow Sparx Gems: 1235
#7512 Posted: 01:08:27 17/07/2015
Undead snake trap
---
PIKA
PIKA
PIKACHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
BlackandTan Gold Sparx Gems: 2588
#7513 Posted: 04:28:13 18/07/2015
Finally got scratch - my gamestop had TWO used Ghost Roasters and a Boomer just chilling there too. Guy said they've had about three people (in my small town) unload their collections there.

So far I have gotten Polar Whirlwind, Dark Wild Fire and Scratch from this game stop.
---
Can't wait for Imaginators!!!
DarkPredator Gold Sparx Gems: 2276
#7514 Posted: 17:33:07 18/07/2015
I just bought a Flocked Springtime Trigger Happy off of eBay for $20. New in box by the way. It was an auction.
---
"Still as silent as ever, eh?" - Blue, Pokémon Sun and Moon
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:36:52 19/07/2015 by DarkPredator
LameLime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1200
#7515 Posted: 22:45:20 21/07/2015
Got some awesome stuff during today's shopping trip:

I went into a mall to discover the Skylanders Giants Wii U starter pack was only $20. I was thinking about getting the Wii U version recently and upgrading from Wii. Also I don't have Jet Vac, Cynder 2, and the Giants portal. I got it right away. Good value.

All I found for used were only several Ninja Stealth Elfs, starter pack traps, and a few Food Fights. My local one has lots of them, so I went back there. There is always a surprise when I check for used figures. I got only green bases and they were:

- Chop Chop
- Eruptor
- Dino-Rang
- Prism Break
- Terrafin
- Voodood
- Another Camo and Stealth Elf for repaint later on

I now have all fires and earths of SSA. I literally need four more characters to complete the whole collection. That and bonus levels for all collection accolades.
---
NOSTALGA-LANDERS COLLECTION (Spyro's Adventure)
30/32 Skylanders -- 4/4 Levels -- 8/9 Items (Includes VV)
Missing: smilie smilie + Ghost Swords
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#7516 Posted: 00:42:35 23/07/2015
I bought myself a pre-owned Series 2 Zap for $9 AUD at Eb Games. He will be water skylander in SC.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Searchghost Green Sparx Gems: 339
#7517 Posted: 23:22:00 26/07/2015
Just preordered my Skylanders Superchargers Dark Edition for the Wii U. It was a big toss-up on which platform to get it on because I really wanted Dark Bowser and the Dark Clown Cruister from the Dark Edition of the Wii starter, but I also really wanted Dark Super Shot Stealth Elf for the PS3 version. Ultimately I decided on the Wii U version because that's just the platform that I would like to play it on. I'll get Dark Super Shot Stealth Elf somewhere down the road.
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#7518 Posted: 19:08:52 27/07/2015
I have acquired Dark Snap Shot.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
jesse217 Blue Sparx Gems: 696
#7519 Posted: 23:19:17 28/07/2015
Just got swapforce dark edition brand new for 20$ at ebgames, they've been there since launch and they finally decided to put it on sale.
---
Currently playing:
Resident evil Revelations, Sword Art Online Hollow Fragment
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#7520 Posted: 23:24:51 28/07/2015
Quote: jesse217
Just got swapforce dark edition brand new for 20$ at ebgames, they've been there since launch and they finally decided to put it on sale.

DID YOU ACTUALLY
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
#7521 Posted: 23:34:17 28/07/2015
Quote: PwnageFTW
Quote: jesse217

DID YOU ACTUALLY

If someone can explain to me how to put photos on here from my phone, I'd post the box.
---
Currently playing:
Iblistech Platinum Sparx Gems: 5099
#7522 Posted: 20:41:52 29/07/2015
Got Legendary Bushwhack:

[User Posted Image]
---
Hail to the King, baby!
#7523 Posted: 23:41:29 03/08/2015
Yes, I finally got my hands on half of the bonus level pieces for SSA. I got Pirate Seas and Dragon's Peak. The cool part is I have both characters whose soul gems are hidden in these levels. However, this is definitely not enough for what I want. I want ALL of the bonus levels so that I can get all the collection accolades. I might have remembered bonus levels count towards all everything accolades. At least I have got some new levels after two years of playing SSA.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:42:01 03/08/2015 by LameLime
TheBladesFan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1485
#7524 Posted: 07:56:25 04/08/2015
Got orange base Minijini with the Skylanders Universe magazine. I need to find copies with Terrabite, Gill Runt, Barkley, Thumpling and Eye Small to complete the sidekick collection. And the best part? The magazine only costs £2.99.
---
bookloverlolly.tumblr.com
Skylander Count: SSA 52/54 SG 61/66 SSF ??/?? STT ??/?? SSC 51/65 SI 6/??
Riser Yellow Sparx Gems: 1339
#7525 Posted: 19:13:12 06/08/2015
Got Dark Crypt and Dragon's Peak adventure sets for €14. Former was missing Ghost Roaster and the latter was missing the Sparx magic item. Since ordered Sparx and I already had a Ghost Roaster, so not too bad. Just need Empire Of Ice adventure pack and a S1 Terrafin and I'll have all of the SSA adventure sets. smilie
---
This is survival of the fittest~
#7526 Posted: 21:15:20 07/08/2015
[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

Is this Spryo? I found it at a rummage sale today. It confused me as it looks a lot like Spyro except for his red wings and horns. Someone cut the tag, so I know nothing about him. Is he a bootleg? A real Spyro? He's just so close that it's hard to tell! Either way, he'll go with my legit Trigger Happy plush. LOL!
---
Stay Cool!
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5694
#7527 Posted: 02:34:47 10/08/2015
Finished my Trap Team collection today, had Fling Kong, High Five, Bat Spin, Rocky Roll, and Flip Wreck arrive. Now, I just need to work six more days with my neighbor, and I am good to go for Superchargers!
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#7528 Posted: 03:05:24 10/08/2015
Got a Jade Flashwing for free today. My local game me for nothing because of a broken wing.
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
#7529 Posted: 03:06:19 10/08/2015
[User Posted Image]

I had some great luck at a Jewish rummage sale today. Boxes of modern toys and comic books for way too cheap. GI Joes, Moster High, yadda yadda yadda, I've not have the chance to sort them out yet but of interest here is this Skylanders tower with figures. A Ghost Roaster with card too!

I already have everthing here other than the tower. I think I paid $5 for it or whatever...basically I ended up paying $90 for 4 large boxes of stuff. Of course most of what I bought is for ebay flipping as I deal in collectable toys, but I may keep the castle itself as I don't own one of those and it is actually pretty sweet!

It seems that I'm missing a Bash figure and a Stealth Elf card but they could be in one of the boxes as the stuff was tossed together almost randomly in shoe boxes. I'm pretty sure I saw him today though. Anyway it was a great fun day for me today!
---
Stay Cool!
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#7530 Posted: 23:05:18 11/08/2015
I might be getting Flip Wreck with the Kaos Trap, Tech Flying Helmet and Fire Captain's Hat. My Dad and my Sister were somewheres and they found Flip Wreck (The only like, good new character there, No Knight Mare, Blackout, Spotlight or anything). Flip Wreck was the only Wave 5 character there and there was no Wave 4 or anything. But they did have Wave 3 but I already had them. Really I need Thunderbolt, Enigma, Knight Mare, Blackout, Spotlight, Fling Kong, High Five, Rocky Roll, Yeah i need a lot. But if I do get Flip Wreck and the traps i will post pics. My dad is coming home tomorrow so I'll know tomorrow. I'M VERY EXCITED!
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
#7531 Posted: 18:52:02 14/08/2015
[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

Got a small collection of Skylanders today for $5.00. I normally wouldn't have bothered for a collection this small and common but I needed the Green Gill Grunt for my collection. I figured he was worth at least $5 as it would probably cost me more to get one off ebay. Perhaps I'll break even by selling off the rest.
---
Stay Cool!
Star Dragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 5323
#7532 Posted: 19:49:33 14/08/2015
I found a copy of the Skylanders magazine and it had a Thumpling sidekick figure with it. I've wanted one to accompany my favourite giant, Thumpback, so this was a lucky find.
---
What! Marco sent you here? I've got a restraining order against him! - Rapunzel, Spyro 3
#7533 Posted: 21:59:38 15/08/2015
Was lucky to do more shopping at my local EB Games. I got Slam Bam, another Terrafin, Empire of Ice, and Darklight Crypt. Sadly I didn't get Ghost Roaster when I was expecting him on the racks. Darklight Crypt was a sign he could be there. Oh well.

So I need three more green bases left to complete the set. In the meantime, I can now get all collection accolades now that I have all bonus levels. Going to head for all stars for every level. Didn't do that earlier with all my available ones. As for my other Terrafin, I love Terrafin a lot and I'm going to repaint this one for the other path, which is about punching. (My first Terrafin has the top path with burrowing).
---
#7534 Posted: 02:34:14 18/08/2015
For people who doesn't visit the sale thread, Gamestop has a buy two get THREE "toys to life" figure sale. This is both good online and in store. I went to my store but of course they didn't have the stuff that I really wanted and I didn't have much time to spend, so I made a purchase online.

Ordering online was a little annoying though as I had almost 30 figures in my cart, but of course they gave me the cheapest ones for free!!! I mean if I buy 5 $12.99 figures, I expect three of the same priced ones to be free, not the cheapest ones. This is a trick that a lot of stores play on people, so you need to watch out fot this. I ended up buying only 10 but I am pretty happy with my purchase.

I bought the last 6 gimmic Swap Force characters that I needed as I never saw the point in getting both of each element at full retail price. Now I can have all 256 possible combinations and fill out that grid in the game properly. YAY!

The last 4 characters are variants of the lady-landers that I never felt were worth retail but I wanted in my collection far more than the male-landers that I actually need. I got Enchanted LightCore Star Strike, Legendary Stealth Elf, Legendary Chill and Hijinx.

There was one more that I really wanted to order, Countdown Kickoff. I wanted him just to get his hat into my collection but I can hold off on him as he doesn't seem to ever be rare or in demand.

Anyway, with tax and shipping, I ended up paying $5.80 each for ten Skylanders which I feel is pretty good as it's so hard to pick just the ones you want online and pay fair shipping costs. Go check your local Gamestop and perhaps you'll pick up a few nice ones yourself!
---
Stay Cool!
#7535 Posted: 18:14:15 26/08/2015
Heres a update: I got the Kaos trap with the Fire Totem and Tech Flying Helmet right after the day I posted that. No Flip Wreck though.

3 Days ago I got Short Cut! Very good Trap Master and Very OP!

Today, I might order a Blackout and Knight Mare Online! Knight Mare I think will happen since her by herself is pretty cheap online, I wish I could get the Midnight Museum though. I'll have to wait to buy her soul gem upgrade until Superchargers.

Exciteddddd
---
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#7536 Posted: 18:58:02 26/08/2015
Got the Steampunk Shrednaught Trap and Gnarly Barkley yesterday. Also ordered MiniJini and Terrabite on ebay.
---
Bring the Fanta
G2nt Yellow Sparx Gems: 1130
#7537 Posted: 19:51:00 26/08/2015
The other day I got: Doom Stone, Quickdraw Rattle Shake, Heavy Duty Sprocket and Blizzard Chill. All from a local Smyths, that was a good day.
---
Boop!
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#7538 Posted: 19:53:39 26/08/2015
Like a week ago maybe I picked up a Doom Stone.
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#7539 Posted: 22:28:30 26/08/2015
Bought the last two Mask of Power books I was missing- Eruptor Meets The Nightmare King and Trigger Happy Targets The Evil Kaos. I'm unhappy about Superchargers and the direction this series has been heading, so these are likely my last purchase, unless I decide to finish my rare variant collection or get the rest of the Traps. Or unless Onk writes another full-fledged novel.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:30:00 26/08/2015 by Arc of Archives
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#7540 Posted: 23:04:10 29/08/2015
I got a Swarm.
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
#7541 Posted: 18:42:10 01/09/2015
I feel like a tsundere with this series :/ (N-not that I like Skylanders or anything...) I preordered all of wave one again, except for Crypt Crusher and Dive Bomber. I might even go back and preorder those soon. Maybe if I cancel some other preorder and there's a few I've been thinking about cancelling- my game backlog is massive as it is and I don't have that much interest in playing everything that comes out now, but more in focusing on the games I really love and get more replayability out of.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:50:49 01/09/2015 by Arc of Archives
#7542 Posted: 23:59:30 02/09/2015
No idea how to post pics from my phone but my ebay shipment came in, it had countdown, Gearshift and Dark wildfire cost 25$ with shipping.\

Went to ebgames between work hours and picked up Legendary cho chop, punch pop fizz, warnado, roller brawl, wind up, dark mega ram spyro, blastermind, gusto, boomer and a sky diamond all for 63$
---
Currently playing:
#7543 Posted: 01:45:07 03/09/2015
I preordered Crypt Crusher and Dive Bomber. Complete vehicle collection here I come.

I would be going for a full set of variants this game if getting every Dark wasn't so stupid. Not buying three extra Starters just to get all of them. Maybe if I find Dark DK/Barrel Blaster and Golden Hot Streak for good prices on eBay (only cuz I heard GHS has dropped in price).
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:45:49 03/09/2015 by Arc of Archives
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#7544 Posted: 05:20:46 03/09/2015
Quote: Phoenix_Lord
Quote: DobermanOwner
I did some hunting yesterday while in another city for an appointment. Found Jawbreaker at Hastings! Now my TT collection is complete as far as figures go.

Stopped in the Target there and found something I thought was weird...
[User Posted Image]
9 Gnarly Tree Rexes just sitting there... A box must have been found laying in a warehouse somewhere.

I wouldn't be a bit suprised if there's A LOT of Skylander figures sitting in warehouse's all over the states...and other countries for that matter.

Oh and i have all the figure's of all the games....cept for the rare variants of corse..(of witch i don't realy want them do to i can just paint my own if i wanted to....hence i made my own Employee Edition Gold-Snow Covered Prism Break)or whatever its called..lol.
All i need now are the 3 Yawn Traps.

I know this was like a month and a half but i saw this at a super target the other day, they always seem to have weird things in super targets idk..we only have one here.
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#7545 Posted: 13:34:21 03/09/2015
[User Posted Image]

I gave Cobra to my brother . Wow Fryno is a Shrimp on the game .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:34:49 03/09/2015 by Dark fhoenix
skyfan124 Blue Sparx Gems: 734
#7546 Posted: 15:40:35 03/09/2015
I recently got S1 Dark Spyro, Dark Food, Ghost Roaster, and Boomer.
---
smilie+smilie=SMASH-BLAST
Let's Rock+Ready, Set, Glow=Ready, Let's Glow
#7547 Posted: 18:07:59 05/09/2015
Bought Chopper today! This dude is beast!
---
Riser Yellow Sparx Gems: 1339
#7548 Posted: 20:09:49 05/09/2015
Got Gusto, Ka-Boom, Gnarly Barkley, Rocky Roll, Echo, Spotlight and Blackout this past week. Sooo tempted to get the adventure packs featuring Blades and Deja Vu. I wanna get legendary + regular Blades and regular deja-vu as I have her legendary variant.
---
This is survival of the fittest~
Fireworks Emerald Sparx Gems: 3094
#7549 Posted: 20:38:43 06/09/2015
I just got an used Volcanic Eruptor for only 4€ at Micromania (french equivalent of Gamestop). To my surprise he actually had never been used at all and had zero money and experience.
I'm pretty happy to have found him since I didn't have Eruptor yet. This guy is a real killer too, I wasn't excepting him to be this strong and fun to play with smilie
---
Don't mind me, I'm just not a very talkative person.
#7550 Posted: 22:54:30 08/09/2015
[User Posted Image]

My Walmart took away the Trap Team "Press the Buttooooon" machine. The empty space there is so lonely. Also they got a case of these Hog Wild Fryno and Small Fry figs in priced them at a mere $5. Sweet!

Also, I found the new SC machine at TRU and I had a good time messing around with it. Put a Knight Mare on there, but alas it played her old TT demo.
---
Stay Cool!
First | Previous | Page 151 of 174 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 149 150 151 152 153 ... 172 173 174

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me