Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > DinoHex's Custom Skylanders (first attempts at customizing figures ever)
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
DinoHex's Custom Skylanders (first attempts at customizing figures ever) [CLOSED]
OpalOsprey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1127
#51 Posted: 20:06:08 12/02/2012
^I love the customization to Drill Sergeant! You're very creative, who'd thought that jewelry would make such great armor smilie. Anyway, great ideas, keep up the good work and creativity =).
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

"You don't need a reason to help people" ~ Zidane -Final Fantays IX
Sage103082 Green Sparx Gems: 176
#52 Posted: 20:23:23 12/02/2012
Great work!! This is one of the best threads I have come across in a while. Very creative. Keep up the great work and pics.
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#53 Posted: 22:47:01 12/02/2012
Quote: DinoHex
This is just another accessorizing modification rather than a full blown custom, but the scale of these items were so made in heaven that I had to show it off even if it doesn't count as a custom. In case you're wondering, it's being held by double sided tape.

[User Posted Image]

I'll now never be able to look at the position of Double Trouble's hand on the figure and not think about how much it's crying out for a Pokeball. Seriously, that's the EXACT same hand pose as in the show. smilie Well, minus a finger. :/ Fun fact, none of the Skylanders have five fingers on their hands, and Slam Bam is the only Skylander that has more than three toes on his feet.

I lol'd
I'd love to see that in game

smilie
---
Bring the Fanta
DinoHex Blue Sparx Gems: 735
#54 Posted: 18:24:49 13/02/2012 | Topic Creator
A slight alteration of Chop Chop. Don't worry, that ring only cost a buck at the thrift shop. Though admittedly it's a very nice ring. For some reason that extra ring makes Chop Chop look like he came from some ancient civilization.
[User Posted Image]
---
smilie smilie and smilie: The three greatest Skylanders out of them all.
willow Blue Sparx Gems: 500
#55 Posted: 20:57:18 13/02/2012
Quote: spyroflame0487
I just got this deja vu of Stump Smash being a sumo wrestler. Oh god.

God, get this thought out of my head!
---
All standard Skylanders now owned, and Dark Spyro, except Camo, Sunburn and Wham-Shell!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:00:42 13/02/2012 by willow
#56 Posted: 21:00:23 13/02/2012
Keep these coming. I've shared uttermost hilarity at each one- in a good way, nevertheless. xD
---
All standard Skylanders now owned, and Dark Spyro, except Camo, Sunburn and Wham-Shell!
Whirlwind5598 Green Sparx Gems: 332
#57 Posted: 21:01:27 13/02/2012
Why doesn't anyone listen to me!? ^Use the edit button.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

Judge Green Sparx Gems: 312
#58 Posted: 22:25:16 13/02/2012
Have to say i like the Double Trouble Trainer
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie-smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie-smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie-smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie-smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie-smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie-smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie-smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#59 Posted: 22:29:34 13/02/2012
Aww snap. That gem on Chop Chop looks really rad.

Actually, I kind of wish I had a female cousin who was still into bedazzling or whatever those little gem beads were called. I'd totally do over a figure like the Pez dispensers I've always secretly wanted.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#60 Posted: 04:04:35 14/02/2012 | Topic Creator
For some reason I keep tinkering with Drill Sergeant. smilie Here I did something pretty risky, and chopped his drill off and re-attached it in a different position. I think that when you take those arm plates into consideration, this positioning of the "arms" actually looks quite a bit better.
[User Posted Image]
---
#61 Posted: 09:37:32 15/02/2012
Quote: Whirlwind5598

I do. I just didn't that time.
---
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#62 Posted: 11:15:54 15/02/2012

Because you're not the forum police? Just a guess.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
#63 Posted: 09:27:25 16/02/2012
Quote: Himewad

Because you're not the forum police? Just a guess.

Exactly.
---
julio71599 Green Sparx Gems: 267
#64 Posted: 19:24:16 17/02/2012
keep them coming i like a lot of these so far
---
I have all except l-spyro,l-bash, and l-chop chop from skylanders giants
zebas1234 Blue Sparx Gems: 985
#65 Posted: 06:03:53 18/02/2012
me and my cousin were lighting so hard at the flam piculo
---
go to my guestbook to see my collection
ima nom nom u tonight
people see my grammer they hating trolls here are evil
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#66 Posted: 12:59:38 18/02/2012
Quote: zebas1234
me and my cousin were lighting so hard at the flam piculo

Try proof-reading. Justs takes a few seconds.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#67 Posted: 13:52:36 18/02/2012
flam piculo, a gay club in san fransisco?....
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:53:21 18/02/2012 by kappapopm
Osbor Blue Sparx Gems: 710
#68 Posted: 15:36:57 18/02/2012
Quote: kappapopm
flam piculo, a gay club in san fransisco?....

sounds like a happening joint.
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#69 Posted: 18:20:12 18/02/2012
young man maybe you should cut down on the sugar before posting, just saying.....
julio71599 Green Sparx Gems: 267
#70 Posted: 06:32:20 20/02/2012
Do u hay any other customs?
---
I have all except l-spyro,l-bash, and l-chop chop from skylanders giants
cole100 Red Sparx Gems: 36
#71 Posted: 15:14:57 20/02/2012
I like these skylanders, They are really cool.
---
smilie "Wreck "N" Roll" - Wrecking Ball
Whirlwind5598 Green Sparx Gems: 332
#72 Posted: 20:16:57 20/02/2012
For some reason I keep tinkering with Drill Sergeant. smilie Here I did something pretty risky, and chopped his drill off and re-attached it in a different position. I think that when you take those arm plates into consideration, this positioning of the "arms" actually looks quite a bit better.
[User Posted Image]

How did you take off his drill? Mine doesn't want to it just bends out a little.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

#73 Posted: 19:16:31 21/02/2012 | Topic Creator
I used these to chop off the drill.
[User Posted Image]

Not sure what the tool is called, (they aren't just scissors, just to clarify) but it chopped off the drill like I was cutting a brick of mozzarella cheese. These toys are pretty fragile. :/
---
Soberranger Red Sparx Gems: 74
#74 Posted: 01:38:59 07/04/2012
My wife and I got interested in this idea after reading this post and decided to make a few customs of our own with some of our duplicates...Heres what we came up with tonight smilie

[User Posted Image]

The picture doesn't really do the recolor justice....The center one is a dark red and not the same orangeish red color as regular TH....and this was colored on a LTH

I love the stealth elf though!

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

Let me know what you think!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:40:41 07/04/2012 by Soberranger
Wiseman Green Sparx Gems: 333
#75 Posted: 02:12:01 07/04/2012
That Stealth Elf is awesome, love the detail on the daggers!
---
** Avatar Creator - nitendofan92 **
bisylizzie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3913
#76 Posted: 02:14:28 07/04/2012
I used these to chop off the drill.
[User Posted Image]

Not sure what the tool is called, (they aren't just scissors, just to clarify) but it chopped off the drill like I was cutting a brick of mozzarella cheese. These toys are pretty fragile. :/

They look like secateurs... But they're more for plants...

But I've seen that before, and it's familiar and I can't remember the actual name...

BisyEdit: Otherwise they're shears of some variety?
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:19:34 07/04/2012 by bisylizzie
alexandros2011 Green Sparx Gems: 441
#77 Posted: 03:06:35 07/04/2012
I recoloured my triplicate of Drobot. (I intend to do modifications to the figures I have three of) I cheated though and used red and black sharpie, since I didn't have red or black paint.

[User Posted Image]

wow that drobot looks amazing...too bad my son saw me looking at it, so now i have another drobot to the want list and a few shapies as well lmao smilie
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie on PS3
need smiliesmilie
xerokills Yellow Sparx Gems: 1181
#78 Posted: 19:26:51 07/04/2012
So I figured this would be the best place to display these. Let me know if anyone is interested in purchasing or trading with me for it. First attempt. Acrylic paints, and I have a few touchups to do after a second glance. But yes, have a look see. It looks 10x better in person I think.

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

Sorry if this is a page hog! smilie
---
"I'm disgusted, and repulsed, and...I can't look away..."
#79 Posted: 19:36:22 07/04/2012
^ That's awesome! It looks like something from Spawn. Can I steal your idea and paint one of my Skylanders "dark" stile? I won't copy your stile exactly, I just wanted to paint a dark/evil character, I have an extra Whirlwind and Drill Sergeant that I might paint.
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

#80 Posted: 19:57:50 07/04/2012
^ Yeah, she does look like Venom. I wish you good luck on selling/trading her and on your future repaints.
---

Kariana Emerald Sparx Gems: 3057
#81 Posted: 20:04:45 07/04/2012
Those are completely amazing! My favorite ones is Drobot and Drill Sergent customs. If you want, you can check out my Skylanders customs at KarianaKreations.Deviantart.com. I have uploaded pictures of Silver Cynder,Gold Whirlwind, Legendary Cynder, Gold Whirlwind, Gold Bash and more! smilie
---
KrazyKari.deviantart.com
gbone Green Sparx Gems: 205
#82 Posted: 21:13:12 07/04/2012
all the repaints look really good I like em a lot.
---

palmo Green Sparx Gems: 380
#83 Posted: 04:58:15 08/04/2012
to dinohex, I personly like what you did with chopchops ring and your drill sergant but I dont mean you to take offense when I say you should try to work a bit harder on the other ones where you just added stuff. I really love your piccalo flame slinger and your dark drobot but besides that I think you should stick to the painting more then the dress up. this is just a matter of my oppinion none elses.

I LOVED YOUR STUFF ON PAINTING AND IS A GOOD FIRST ATTEMPT JUST DONT GET TO CARRIED AWAY.
---
Skylander contest here:
palmo's contest
Astrail Green Sparx Gems: 194
#84 Posted: 11:58:21 08/04/2012
Those accessorised Skylanders are awesome if you ask me! I've gotten a great few laughs from some of them (that Slam Bam is PERFECT), and its a great way to customise figures if you don't have the paint (or if anyones parents wont allow permanent additions to their figures).

[User Posted Image]
This is what I did to my spare Cynder (You can click it to be taken to its DA page where you can see a bigger image)
Nothing particularly fancy, but I prefer to customise stuff to look like my OCs... so it does leave a rather uninterestingly painted figure.
Its not the first time I wish I still had my masses of Lego. One of those chain pieces would be awesome cut down and super glued to the wrist cuffs (So it looks like theyve escaped from some kind of prison)
---
Missing: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Deviantart: gikairan
SparCrux1101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1898
#85 Posted: 03:30:43 04/05/2012
This is just another accessorizing modification rather than a full blown custom, but the scale of these items were so made in heaven that I had to show it off even if it doesn't count as a custom. In case you're wondering, it's being held by double sided tape.

[User Posted Image]

I'll now never be able to look at the position of Double Trouble's hand on the figure and not think about how much it's crying out for a Pokeball. Seriously, that's the EXACT same hand pose as in the show. smilie Well, minus a finger. :/ Fun fact, none of the Skylanders have five fingers on their hands, and Slam Bam is the only Skylander that has more than three toes on his feet.

do the same to voodood
---
WTB: Molten Hot dog
c/._.c\ Dancin puddin /b._.\b
Kurui Ripto Gems: 191
#86 Posted: 03:36:37 04/05/2012
Ah mah gawd. I love dat Pic'low one. <3

.......I think i have a thing for green men smilie *realization*
drummerw Green Sparx Gems: 335
#87 Posted: 05:23:32 14/05/2012
ok here is my extra stealth elf I have just finished I have started ignitor but not happy with him at the moment
This is stealth elfcompared to the normal one
[User Posted Image]
and this is it on its own
[User Posted Image]
---
37/37 + Blue bash + Walmart Red drill Segant
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me