Page 1 of 1
Giants have lights..... [CLOSED]
JAP28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1097
#1 Posted: 00:42:08 08/02/2012 | Topic Creator
So what do you guys and gals think???
I think it's pretty cool that parts will light up! I wonder how it will work???
---
All Current Skylanders just no pearl smilie
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#2 Posted: 00:44:54 08/02/2012
Giant....Skylanders....with LIGHTS....EPIC....

Laser beam eyes, glowing fire fists of fury, Cool icy blue water effects...etc. All of it equals AWESOME.
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#3 Posted: 00:47:01 08/02/2012
must be something that will be triggered by the chip.... nothing fancy i guess....
#4 Posted: 00:48:06 08/02/2012 | Topic Creator
^Still think it is pretty cool!!!!!!!!
---
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#5 Posted: 00:51:22 08/02/2012
Probably something similar to how the Portal glows when a specific Skylander is on it.

You can see in the press release image of Stealth Elf and TreeRex that his arm ball thing is glowing.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#6 Posted: 00:55:54 08/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Looks like his eyes glow blue too????
---
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#7 Posted: 01:05:17 08/02/2012
Quote: JAP28
^Still think it is pretty cool!!!!!!!!

no doubt its pretty awesome smilie
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#8 Posted: 02:26:34 08/02/2012
Lame IMO
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
#9 Posted: 02:33:54 08/02/2012 | Topic Creator
^If Lame is awesome then I agree with you! haha
---
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#10 Posted: 02:38:13 08/02/2012
Lame as in unnecessary and lame as in it will be used as a reason to charge more for the figures.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
#11 Posted: 04:24:45 08/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Well if the toys are a lot bigger and they have lights ect....I think they have reason to charge more!
It's not necessary to have them but nice to have something extra with the figures!!!

L- lights
A- are
M- mega
E- excellente

haha Now I am being lame! Still think it is a cool new feature!
---
terranakari Green Sparx Gems: 468
#12 Posted: 22:30:43 08/02/2012
What the cool part is that they also stated they can light up on and OFF the portal! and that NO BATTERIES ARE NEEDED FOR THEM TO LIGHT UP!!!

i wonder how the EFF they managed that?? Light without useing batteries?? freaking awesome.... mind blowing!! revolutionary!!! =D

cant wait for this game!!! >w<
---
We finally have all the skylanders from SA and SG! Still working on SSF & STT.

Proud Skylander Mom! To our little skyfamily. <3
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#13 Posted: 00:12:12 09/02/2012
Quote: terranakari
What the cool part is that they also stated they can light up on and OFF the portal! and that NO BATTERIES ARE NEEDED FOR THEM TO LIGHT UP!!!

i wonder how the EFF they managed that?? Light without useing batteries?? freaking awesome.... mind blowing!! revolutionary!!! =D

Yea, so revolutionary that those charging mats waited to come out so that this could be first.
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#14 Posted: 00:20:02 09/02/2012
Quote: Monsinour

Yea, so revolutionary that those charging mats waited to come out so that this could be first.

Monsinour is just pretending to be tech savvy to look like he is in the know...

Educated people understand that the figs light up because a Sparx is trapped inside each one - hence the expected markup price.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
OpalOsprey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1127
#15 Posted: 00:21:48 09/02/2012
^ hehe, nice one smilie

^
In the video with the redesigned Prism Break figure, I heard the person say that the figures glow when on the portal or near the portal. I don't know if they will glow away from it, but it would be cool if they did. I think it uses a special type of light sensor that picks up on the light given off by the portal and it uses this light like solar energy to power the figure's light.
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

"You don't need a reason to help people" ~ Zidane -Final Fantays IX
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:24:10 09/02/2012 by OpalOsprey
Ibishou Red Sparx Gems: 78
#16 Posted: 00:23:21 09/02/2012
Quote:
given off by the portal and it uses this light like solar energy to power the figure's light.

Sparx theory is more probable than this one.
---
smilie
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#17 Posted: 00:26:07 09/02/2012
It is all done with duct tape - anything that can't be explained with duct tape does not exist in reality.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
#18 Posted: 00:26:48 09/02/2012
^ Yeah, I guess your right. They also have to clone thousands of Sparxs, one for each batch of figures, so that's another reason for the price increase, cloning isn't cheap these days...
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#19 Posted: 00:27:41 09/02/2012
Quote: OpalOsprey

In the video with the redesigned Prism Break figure, I heard the person say that the figures glow when on the portal or near the portal. I don't know if they will glow away from it, but it would be cool if they did. I think it uses a special type of light sensor that picks up on the light given off by the portal and it uses this light like solar energy to power the figure's light.

The vid with Prism Break shows it off the best so far. You only have to be a few inches away from it.

Now I don't know much about this sort of tech, but I imagine it's probably similar to how the portal changes color when it has a certain element Skylander near it, as well as the aforementioned charging pads.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#20 Posted: 00:31:38 09/02/2012
Quote: chaosworrier
It is all done with duct tape - anything that can't be explained with duct tape does not exist in reality.

If it moves and it is not supposed to move = duct tape

If it doesnt move and it is supposed to move = WD40
---
My kids own :
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
Ibishou Red Sparx Gems: 78
#21 Posted: 00:33:37 09/02/2012
WD40... not working in polish winter conditions but still good stuff.
---
smilie
#22 Posted: 00:34:03 09/02/2012
To Monsinour:

^ -------- smilie hilarious!
---

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:34:40 09/02/2012 by OpalOsprey
exosquad Gold Sparx Gems: 2667
#23 Posted: 00:53:46 09/02/2012
i think the figures will just use the fiber optic like effect that the current bases have a bit of. you set the figure on the portal, the light from the portal shines through and lights the insides till the exit, like a fiber optic cable.. because to actually power an LED off of RFID-power would be ridiculous (inductive charging is not what these portals were designed for). it could happen but i still think its the former than the latter
---
I am going to have 1 of everything. someday...
#24 Posted: 00:56:47 09/02/2012
Quote: exosquad
i think the figures will just use the fiber optic like effect that the current bases have a bit of. you set the figure on the portal, the light from the portal shines through and lights the insides till the exit, like a fiber optic cable.. because to actually power an LED off of RFID-power would be ridiculous (inductive charging is not what these portals were designed for). it could happen but i still think its the former than the latter

well, your wrong, and you need to watch the video for it.
---
My kids own :
#25 Posted: 01:02:14 09/02/2012
i didnt see any video of the light up skylanders? could you link me?
---
BerryShaker Blue Sparx Gems: 540
#26 Posted: 01:21:36 09/02/2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPcP5PjTHJc#t=3m41s

^video of new light up prism break and the new giant tree rex lighting up while in proximity of the portal.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#27 Posted: 01:49:48 09/02/2012
I would've preferred articulation, but the lights look cool. Prism Break looks weird with only his arm crystals glowing and not his back...

In the videos, they do say the lights are LEDs, and they turn on with RFID technology. I'm not very well-studied in sorcery, so someone else can explain how the lights get powered up from that :3
---
#all Spyros are valid
#28 Posted: 06:10:04 09/02/2012
my speculations seem to be incorrect

okay i was wrong(takes a big man to say hes wrong..) its possible to transmit power using RFID, i just did some research on it and a few techy complicated laboratory papers later. yes its possible, itd be insanely low amount of power, not enough that i believed could power an LED, but i am most likely wrong. statements like mine happen when someone blatantly talks not knowing exactly what they are dealing with.

but i still think its the fiber optic effect, and wont know for sures intill i rip one of those apart. does anyone remember all the speculation and down right misinformation about skylanders:sa? people did believe it was magic/sorcery , intill the toys were doused in holy water and then professed to be "clean" by mediums and spiritual leaders across the globe(well maybe not but you know what im saying)
---
terranakari Green Sparx Gems: 468
#29 Posted: 14:59:38 09/02/2012
Oooooh ok. So if its like in my carry-case it wont just be randomly lighting up, thats cool

LOL xD imagine that, all the light ups freaking out inside my case, i'd have to keep them in my closet otherwise it'd be too bright!! lol
---
We finally have all the skylanders from SA and SG! Still working on SSF & STT.

Proud Skylander Mom! To our little skyfamily. <3
minimax98765 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1347
#30 Posted: 16:22:41 22/02/2012
it nice that skylanders can have light parts
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#31 Posted: 16:40:09 22/02/2012
I'm not going to lie--when they put Tree Rex on the portal with a close up and his eyes starter glowing,it scared the crowd out of me :U maybe that's the actual intention of making them glow? To remember the players that they are the greatest warriors of the Skylands,inspiring fear into its enemies?

Though,I have no idea about how they glow. It might be a similar technology that they use to make the Portal register the toys,but it instead activates the light in them - like those object that glow in the dark.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
minimax98765 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1347
#32 Posted: 16:58:42 22/02/2012
it nice that skylanders can have light parts
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me