Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Sounds like the plotline of TLoS-ANB [CLOSED]
Forgotten World Platinum Sparx Gems: 5164
#1 Posted: 18:32:46 12/05/2008 | Topic Creator
I've read the storyboard of the movie, and it sounds like it came from the first Legend of Spyro game. This could mean that they are making three movies baced off of the TLoS series. *I wonder what they are planning.*
---
Life's a struggle, but when you die, it's how you handle life.
Last edited at 18:34:18 12/05/2008 by Forgotten World
Lover of Spyro Yellow Sparx Gems: 1831
#2 Posted: 18:40:48 12/05/2008
i bet the movie will make sense...1nce u watch itsmilie
---
i'm baaack!smiliesmilie
DragonFriend244 Blue Sparx Gems: 767
#3 Posted: 20:42:28 12/05/2008
Yes it does a little too much.T_T
jamieque Blue Sparx Gems: 766
#4 Posted: 14:54:44 13/05/2008
I hate to break it to all of you but the LoS films ARE THE SAME AS THE GAMES THEY ARE BASED ON. There will be a few minor changes but otherwise if you bought the games then you have already seen the films.

Way to go, Universal.... I just knew it was only a matter of time before I would be disappointed with them again. How totally lazy of them to just do a 'copy and paste' of the game script. I am so sure the script writer will have to work hard...

Why can't they do a brand new story instead of a copy of the games. Oh never mind... this is Universal and Sierra we are talking about here. They couldn't even keep the same voice actors for Cynder and Sparx from the first game to the final game in trilogy. The minute I saw the title of the game change I knew something had gone wrong.

Well, I am not going to bother going to see the film. I rather spend my hard earned money on my own film projects and yes the Spyro films I am working on will be finished and they will be based on an all new story.
Gwenio Gold Sparx Gems: 2454
#5 Posted: 14:56:50 13/05/2008
Quote: jamieque
I hate to break it to all of you but the LoS films ARE THE SAME AS THE GAMES THEY ARE BASED ON. There will be a few minor changes but otherwise if you bought the games then you have already seen the films.

Way to go, Universal.... I just knew it was only a matter of time before I would be disappointed with them again. How totally lazy of them to just do a 'copy and paste' of the game script. I am so sure the script writer will have to work hard...

Why can't they do a brand new story instead of a copy of the games. Oh never mind... this is Universal and Sierra we are talking about here. They couldn't even keep the same voice actors for Cynder and Sparx from the first game to the final game in trilogy. The minute I saw the title of the game change I knew something had gone wrong.

Well, I am not going to bother going to see the film. I rather spend my hard earned money on my own film projects and yes the Spyro films I am working on will be finished and they will be based on an all new story.

Because then they would be lying when that say the movie is based on the games if it was a diffrent story.
#6 Posted: 15:11:51 13/05/2008
Quote: Gwenio

Because then they would be lying when that say the movie is based on the games if it was a diffrent story.

They could have made the story from a different angle or something. Did they have to basically do the SAME story again? They could have done something different with the storyline. I know they are going to make a few minor changes but the changes are gong to just be filler.

When I heard that Krome was gone as main developers I knew my worst fears had been realized. So I am sorry, Gwenio, but right now I have lost all faith in the idiots in charge of the franchise.
#7 Posted: 15:21:15 13/05/2008
so....wil they show Cynder when shes a big dark dragon?
---
i'm baaack!smiliesmilie
#8 Posted: 15:27:38 13/05/2008
Yes, Lover of Spyro, Cynder is going to be shown again as she was in the first game. This film like the ones that will follow it will be the same story as the games. It is basically just the games storyline retold.
#9 Posted: 15:30:26 13/05/2008
YAY! i luvv the Dark Cynder....so......is it ALL the games in 1 movie or just ANB storyline?
---
i'm baaack!smiliesmilie
#10 Posted: 15:33:47 13/05/2008
First film is going to be ANB with the sequels being the other games.
Forgotten World Platinum Sparx Gems: 5164
#11 Posted: 18:42:15 13/05/2008 | Topic Creator
Go..o figure, well I thought that the movie wax going to be based off of the game. I even saw what looked like the film being copied from ANB.
---
Life's a struggle, but when you die, it's how you handle life.
#12 Posted: 18:45:01 13/05/2008
smiliesmilie
---
i'm baaack!smiliesmilie
Aang Green Sparx Gems: 370
#13 Posted: 07:20:55 14/05/2008
I wanted to see ANB as a movie. I've got nothing against them making the whole trilogy as movies. I actually think it's a good idea smilie
---
You kicked who in the what now?
Tango Gold Sparx Gems: 2076
#14 Posted: 18:32:41 14/05/2008
First film is going to be ANB with the sequels being the other games.

ooo..can't wait for the darkest hour movie! smilie
matesds Emerald Sparx Gems: 3504
#15 Posted: 18:47:44 14/05/2008
dawn of the dragon.... *point to sierra's info*

(I know the darkest hour sounds much better...)
---
Keep smile
#16 Posted: 10:32:28 16/05/2008
Yeah. Dawn of the Dragon is a pretty good title, but I still wish they could've gone with The Darkest Hour.
---
#17 Posted: 22:41:09 19/05/2008
Quote: Gwenio

Way to go, Universal.... I just knew it was only a matter of time before I would be disappointed with them again. How totally lazy of them to just do a 'copy and paste' of the game script. I am so sure the script writer will have to work hard..

Well, I am not going to bother going to see the film. I rather spend my hard earned money on my own film projects and yes the Spyro films I am
working on will be finished and they will be based on an all new
story.

They could have made the story from a different angle or something. Did they have to basically do the SAME story again? They could have done something different with the storyline. I know they are going to make a few minor changes but the changes are gong to just be filler.

When I heard that Krome was gone as main developers I knew my worst fears had been realized. So I am sorry, Gwenio, but right now I have lost all faith in the idiots in charge of the franchise.

They should have done something along the lines like this.

Ignitus has hidden the eggs long before the raid but a very important egg (Spyro's egg) has fallen into a river when he is flying to hide them. Luckly the egg lands softly on what appears to be a mushroom cap (or something) and floats down the river where a clan of dragonflys (more than just Sparx and his family) the same storyline happens. Spyro and Sparx are just playing around (yes they are brothers) and a raid happens Spyro defeats the clan of DM's forces by usuing his unfamiliar powers (you know fire ice etc) Sparx's family tell him everything and right after they finish footsteps approach. Dragon's footsteps. It seems to be Ignitis and a small group of dragons that Ignitis had hidden (yes they are still alive) Ignitis and the group of dragons can not Believe that he is still alive and tell him he is the detinded dragon to defeat the Dark Master and save the lands.

So there are more than just Spyro and Ignitis etc and a lot more chracators and the storyline progresses still more and more differently by still stating on track of the games.

Sorry if this isn't making much sense but I am on a rather unorthadox typing system so I would write more if I could but it is just too hard.
Last edited at 22:45:29 19/05/2008 by DragonFriend244
#18 Posted: 06:16:25 21/05/2008
I thought what they had was fine. It's actually pretty logical to change a few things so gamers won't feel as though they're only seeing the game they bought a couple of years ago, but a full on movie with a few minor changes. Big changes to the characters' personality though, I couldn't handle.
---
#19 Posted: 23:12:35 21/05/2008
Quote: Aang
I thought what they had was fine. It's actually pretty logical to change a few things so gamers won't feel as though they're only seeing the game they bought a couple of years ago, but a full on movie with a few minor changes. Big changes to the characters' personality though, I couldn't handle.

I FIND the storyline to close to the game. It IS like reseeing the game all over again and I have already finished the game 8 times.
Dragon Seeker Yellow Sparx Gems: 1374
#20 Posted: 23:15:47 21/05/2008
... If they were doing that don'y you think that it would take longer????

... I program C++ and Vb as well as minor 3d rendering ...

It would obviously take hardly anytime if they were doning the same plot over...

Thats my opinion
---
If you are in the practice of Witchcraft and are not afraid to admit it copy and paste this in your signature.
#21 Posted: 00:23:20 22/05/2008
Quote: Dragon Seeker
... If they were doing that don'y you think that it would take longer????

... I program C++ and Vb as well as minor 3d rendering ...

It would obviously take hardly anytime if they were doning the same plot over...

Thats my opinion

Not so much, because it will have to have additions, but it will be bad if they change something that is in the game.
#22 Posted: 09:44:19 22/05/2008
[

I FIND the storyline to close to the game. It IS like reseeing the game all over again and I have already finished the game 8 times.[/quote]

I've finished about a hundred times...seriously smilie No, really, I have!
---
BJ Fodder
#23 Posted: 20:18:27 27/06/2008
So what if it's based on A New Beginning. Not everything is going to be based on what happens in the game. They might make the plot a bit more interesting than what we have seen in the games.
#24 Posted: 12:38:56 02/07/2008
The only problem, BJ and everyone is if they start modifying aka changing too many plotline points to make the film different from the games then they have screwed up. It was a bad idea to even propose making films based on the games because the game storyline has to be followed. Sure they maybe able to add a few new elements but the storyline has to remain essentially the same.

They made another stupid mistake and tied their hands. How sad.
#25 Posted: 00:23:08 03/07/2008
The only problem, BJ and everyone is if they start modifying aka changing too many plotline points to make the film different from the games then they have screwed up. It was a bad idea to even propose making films based on the games because the game storyline has to be followed. Sure they maybe able to add a few new elements but the storyline has to remain essentially the same.

They made another stupid mistake and tied their hands. How sad.

Or the people making it are better than you.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me