Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 12 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Release Date of Figures [CLOSED]
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#1 Posted: 02:23:26 01/01/2012 | Topic Creator
I have been all over this board looking for consice information about a release date for the figures I am missing and I am getting all kinds of different information. I would like this to be a one stop thread for the release information for the remaining figures and any information that can be CONFIRMED about it.

I do realize that walmart and cduniverse have june 2012 release dates for the figures but like others have stated, these dates may be made up as they dont have an exact date as of yet.

I have read somewhere here that some figures are to be released on january 15th, specifically whirlwind +drill sergent + ? in a 3 pack no longer exclusive to target and walmart.

I would just like all the info in one spot and if you have info about the release dates, please post it here. Thanks.
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#2 Posted: 02:27:15 01/01/2012
We know Cynder, Slam bam, Whirlwind, Drill serge. and Double trouble will be released SOME TIME in January. It has not been comfirmed WHEN in January tho.
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
#3 Posted: 02:39:58 01/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Dragons-go-hrr
We know Cynder, Slam bam, Whirlwind, Drill serge. and Double trouble will be released SOME TIME in January. It has not been comfirmed WHEN in January tho.

Do you have a link to an external source for that information? I am not attempting to be smarmy, I would just like to read this information outside of this forum.
---
My kids own :
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
HughyHugh Green Sparx Gems: 376
#4 Posted: 02:44:13 01/01/2012
There is a board for this and it has every single release date. From a German Catalog.
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=44582
---
DO A BARREL ROLL
[smilie smilie] [smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie]smilie[smiliesmilie]
#5 Posted: 02:45:42 01/01/2012
It was posted by Dark52 on DS's home page, but this topic should help: //forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=44582 There's a link to the source somewhere down the page.
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
#6 Posted: 02:48:15 01/01/2012 | Topic Creator
I saw this post :

Quote: Phoenixdragon
So here are ALL release dates as promised:

October:

Skylanders Starter Pack with Spyro, Gill Grunt and Trigger Happy, Portal of Power and game (XBOX360, PS3, PC, Wii)
Skylanders Single Pack with Chop Chop
Skylanders Single Pack with Boomer
Skylanders Single Pack with Drobot
Skylanders Single Pack with Stump Smash
Skylanders Single Pack with Stealth Elf
Skylanders Single Pack with Sonic Boom
Skylanders Single Pack with Bash
Skylanders Single Pack with Zap
Skylanders Single Pack with Eruptor
Skylanders Single Pack with Flameslinger
Skylanders Single Pack with Voodood
Skylanders Single Pack with Prism Break
Skylanders Single Pack with Whirlwind (exclusive)
Skylanders Single Pack with Drill Sergeant (exclusive)

Skylanders Triple Pack A with Drobot, Flameslinger and Stump Smash
Skylanders Triple Pack B with Prism Break, Boomer and Voodood
Skylanders Triple Pack C with Eruptor, Chop Chop and Bash

Skylanders Darklight Crypt Adventure Pack with Ghost Roaster
Skylanders Pirate Seas Adventure Pack with Terrafin

November:

Skylanders Starter Pack with Dark Spyro, Stealth Elf and Ignitor, Portal of Power and game (3DS)

December:

Skylanders Single Pack with Hex
Skylanders Single Pack with Wrecking Ball
Skylanders Single Pack with Dino-Rang

Skylanders Triple Pack D with Stealth Elf, Sonic Boom and Wrecking Ball
Skylanders Triple Pack E with Zap, Hex and Dino-Rang

January:

Skylanders Single Pack with Cynder
Skylanders Single Pack with Double Trouble

Skylanders Empire of Ice Adventure Pack with Slam Bam

Skylanders Triple Pack F with Whirlwind, Double Trouble and Drill Sergeant

Easter:

Skylanders Single Pack with Lightning Rod
Skylanders Single Pack with Zook
Skylanders Single Pack with Ignitor

Skylanders Triple Pack G with Cynder, Lightning Rod and Zook

Skylanders Dragon's Peak Adventure Pack with Suburn

June:

Skylanders Single Pack with Camo
Skylanders Single Pack with Warnado

Skylanders Triple Pack H with Ignitor, Warnado and Camo

Summer:

Skylanders Single Pack with Wham Shell

Unfortunatly there isn't a release date for Legendary Trigger Happy in the catalog.

And wanted to know if those dates / information came from that german catalogue. I cant trust those dates as I know there are different releases for other countries and here in the US, we seem to get things later than others.
---
My kids own :
#7 Posted: 02:50:45 01/01/2012
^Pffft. You guys always get everything BEFORE us. And yes, those dates are from the German catalogue. And it weould probably still be released within the same month.
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
#8 Posted: 02:54:54 01/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Dragons-go-hrr
^Pffft. You guys always get everything BEFORE us. And yes, those dates are from the German catalogue. And it weould probably still be released within the same month.

Where are you? I know that some things have universal release dates, like M:TG (but i dont play that anymore), and some things have staggered release dates, like some video games.

Anyone know what shipping across the big pond would be from germany? LOL
---
My kids own :
#9 Posted: 02:57:40 01/01/2012
New Zealand. And I believe you would get it BEFORE Germany. America is almost always the 1st country in the world to get anything.
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
forcesofwill Yellow Sparx Gems: 1476
#10 Posted: 17:09:25 01/01/2012
I just got an email from Walmart where they changed the release date on my Camo preorder to January 15th. Of course, this is AFTER they already changed it once to the middle of June, so who knows.

They apparently didn't move up any of the other figures on my preorder however
LyraDragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1283
#11 Posted: 18:11:09 01/01/2012
so camo will come out january as well?
---
Team Drago
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
wanted:smilie
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#12 Posted: 18:14:26 01/01/2012
I still have mine ordered through Walmart and got no such email.

Then again, I never got an email stating they were moved to June either.

Mine has just been stuck on processing since November.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
reshiram900 Green Sparx Gems: 132
#13 Posted: 18:21:01 01/01/2012
Cynder will be out tomarow in the us

Cynder volts and lightning
#14 Posted: 18:28:11 01/01/2012
Sigh, why do people keep doing this. Who said Cynder will be out tomorrow?
---
greenlantern511 Ripto Gems: 270
#15 Posted: 19:43:23 01/01/2012
True though that Cyder and all the January ones MIGHT come out in the US tomorrow.... A while back they were sold out of skylanders stuff at my Target (someone even took the demo portal) and I asked the Target employee when some would be out and she said and I quote, "we will be getting a huge shipment of Skylanders stuff on Jan 2nd and I think it will have some new characters" If I find them, I'll get them and try to post pics.
Leviathan94 Green Sparx Gems: 127
#16 Posted: 20:48:45 01/01/2012
Quote: GameMaster78
Sigh, why do people keep doing this. Who said Cynder will be out tomorrow?

It's just like the Skylanders page on facebook, everyone says they have a Cynder and L. Rod and all this, but when are they going to give us proof? They're all talk and no proof.
---
[smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie]= Top Priority
#17 Posted: 21:29:39 01/01/2012
I called target thay said there geting a new shipmint of skylanders tomorrow in Indiana

Cynder volts and ligtning
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:35:40 01/01/2012 by reshiram900
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#18 Posted: 21:33:34 01/01/2012
Quote: reshiram900
I called target thay said there geting a new shipmint of skylanders tomarow in Indiana

Cynder volts and ligtning

go visit and take pictures to post here after....
#19 Posted: 21:34:36 01/01/2012
ok I will do it tomorrow though

Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:38:44 01/01/2012 by reshiram900
#20 Posted: 21:41:15 01/01/2012
ok I will do it tomorrow though

awesome.... smilie
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#21 Posted: 21:42:08 01/01/2012
Quote: Monsinour
Skylanders Single Pack with Wham Shell

Thanks for finding this out!
Although I feel bad for Wham Shell, why's he getting his own wave?
---
but i love it all smooth
#22 Posted: 21:47:41 01/01/2012
I dont have cynder yet and I have never said I ever had her GameMaster78

Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:58:47 01/01/2012 by reshiram900
#23 Posted: 21:52:37 01/01/2012
Camo will not be coming out in January he will be out in June there is a catolog on ebay for skylanders release dates it's a german catolog
sorry for dublle posting

Edited 4 times - Last edited at 21:57:07 01/01/2012 by reshiram900
#24 Posted: 22:07:33 01/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Camo will not be coming out in January he will be out in June there is a catolog on ebay for skylanders release dates it's a german catolog
sorry for dublle posting

How about a "sorry" for not reading the entire post? I am aware that children will be posting on this board, but lets atleast follow proper message board ediquite. Read the entire post before making a post of your own. If you are not adding to the conversation, keep it to yourself.

So..................................other than "I called target and they told me" do we have any external proof of new figures tomorrow?
---
My kids own :
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#25 Posted: 22:14:27 01/01/2012
I called target thay said there geting a new shipmint of skylanders tomorrow in Indiana

Disney Store told me they'd be stocking adult Lion King clothes like the US Disney Store.
...They lied.

Moral: Staff can screw up too. I no longer believe any staff from a supermarkets and such, I go by my own judgement.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
PinkWater Yellow Sparx Gems: 1059
#26 Posted: 22:57:06 01/01/2012
^ And I'd buy that, too! Total Nala fan here! But can someone here still go look tomorrow anyway?
---
CILAN IS THE SEXIEST MAN ALIVE.

I DARE YOU TO PROVE ME WRONG! ...Actually don't. I'm quite biased.
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#27 Posted: 22:59:04 01/01/2012
I can try to, if my parents will take me, as I'm in Indiana. I'll check and see if there's any new ones if I can.
---
but i love it all smooth
#28 Posted: 23:01:24 01/01/2012
^ Cool. I'll scout around certain sites; I've given up on calling, as the employees always say no before I can even finish.
---

#29 Posted: 23:08:48 01/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: PinkWater
^ Cool. I'll scout around certain sites; I've given up on calling, as the employees always say no before I can even finish.

I dont have that problem with the targets in my area. I called all 5 today for grins and giggles and every single employee I talked to on the phone was helpful, curtious, kind, and more than willing to go to the display and look. The one store that had them in stock actually told me what individual ones they had. I asked and they said that they could not hold any for me.

I will be making the phone calls tomorrow to the local targets x5 tomorrow morning to see if any new ones do come out. From what the target people tell me, the skylanders do not arrive on their regular shipment trucks. The skylanders arrive on different trucks that come on monday, wednesday, and fridays. It was suggested to me to call on those mornings to see if any arrived.

However, this is all hearsay from store clerks making minimum wage. None of this "evidence" would hold up in court and the information is coming from a completely unreliable source. So take this with a grain of salt.
---
My kids own :
#30 Posted: 23:29:38 01/01/2012
^ Aw, I only got one Target in town, but again, I've quit driving there. They haven't got a shipment of Whirlwind since the game came out.

I like to check their sites, too.
---

#31 Posted: 01:01:36 02/01/2012
Okay, my friend called who works a Target, here in Albuquerque, New Mexico, and she said they got the shipment and will put them out tonight, then open at 8 am.
#32 Posted: 01:04:23 02/01/2012
When people say 'shipment' though, does it actually mean Wave 3?

Just asking. I don't know how American stores work, but here in the UK, there's no telling what figures are in the box before they arrive. And most companies don't even know what they get in until they get them in.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
#33 Posted: 01:10:26 02/01/2012
She said the manager opened it said " Whoh! Haven't seen these before!" And told her to stock them after closing.
#34 Posted: 01:18:35 02/01/2012
Hm... That doesn't convince me much, to be honest. Still, today's a new day (for me), let's see what happens.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#35 Posted: 01:22:48 02/01/2012
@RadSpyro: Unless they're super into the series, most people don't know. I've never seen a box of them, but I'd imagine they don't say anything else on them besides "Electronics- Skylanders Spyro's Adventure" and probably something mentioning if they're individual packs or whatever.

I DO know that enthusiasts for those die cast Hot Wheels cars can tell what's in a box based on the number that's printed on them. (I'd imagine the same goes for all of Mattel's figures). But more often than not, they're just regular boxes and things.

See the hard part about asking someone at the store is if they actually know what they're looking for. A lot of the places I've been had no idea what I was talking about "Action Figures? In Electronics?" and until I showed them, they still thought I was crazy. I've found what's best is to have them read off the names of what they see; Not only will that give you a great idea of what's there, but you can probably get a little laugh out of how they pronounce it. haha
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#36 Posted: 01:29:46 02/01/2012
In the UK, only exclusives are listed. I've seen them close up (when TRU went looking at the back for me, they brought the still sealed boxes out and we searched together). They were listed as 'Legend-Skyland-Pk' and 'Darklight-Adv-Pk' etc.

Singles and triples were 'Sky-Single-asst.' etc. with no indication of series and the like, so finding say, Cynder or Double Trouble would cause a problem for a staff member without opening it first. That's why I wasn't certain if it was the same in the US though smilie

And yes, I believe that method is best too. Say 'purple dragon' and you can be guaranteed one staff will just see Spyro in the starter pack and say 'Yeah, we've got that one in stock'.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
#37 Posted: 01:38:00 02/01/2012
I'm tempted to go check tomorrow, just in case. Keep as informed if you see anything. Also Pics.
---

Aeonaxx Red Sparx Gems: 62
#38 Posted: 08:10:53 02/01/2012
Ill be at mine at 8am. Going out with my dad because he is into the Hot wheels thing. so might as well tag along. going to 2 Targets then Toys.
---
Own smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie

Want smilie smilie smilie
#39 Posted: 13:33:46 02/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Its 8:30 and the target here does not have a thing on the shelf. Looking like the 1/2/12 rumor was just that, a rumor.

Edit : called another local target and the confirmed getting a shipment that lacked skylanders. Let's move on to the next rumor date of 1/15/12
---
My kids own :
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:04:52 02/01/2012 by Monsinour
#40 Posted: 15:30:35 02/01/2012
^ Well, thanks for trying. :/
---

#41 Posted: 15:47:25 02/01/2012
Nothing here but 1 chop chop in the entire city
joseph235 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1089
#42 Posted: 15:53:49 02/01/2012
I live in canada and the lady at toys r us said there not getting any until febuary! I hope she just doesnt know. But that's what she said :-(. Very upsetting. Anuone else hear something a little closer
#43 Posted: 16:23:20 02/01/2012
Went to walmart and they said Skylanders had been discontinued! Those liars!

Edit: They called the manager and he said that DRILL SEARGENT WAS DISCONTINUED AS AN EXCLUSIVE
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:27:34 02/01/2012 by greenlantern511
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#44 Posted: 16:49:35 02/01/2012
Quote: greenlantern511
Went to walmart and they said Skylanders had been discontinued! Those liars!

Edit: They called the manager and he said that DRILL SEARGENT WAS DISCONTINUED AS AN EXCLUSIVE

They probably didn't want to be bothered, or miscommunication. I think a lot of the places are under the idea that since they've ran out, there won't be any more.

As I was saying over in the Sold Out thread;

Quote: spyroflame0487
Actually, the Walmart I was at had one of those large trianglular cardboard thing that sits on the shelf. Up on the top left, it has a picture of Drill Sarge with the caption "EXCLUSIVE FIGURE: DRILL SERGEANT. OFFER VALID TIL 12.31.11"

I'm assuming it's in reference to how long they'll continue having them at Walmart exclusively. We'll probably see them popping up at other stores a la the Darklight Crypt pack. (this would also mean that Whirlwind/Drill Sarge with the little logos on them stating their exclusivity at the store would probably be rare!)

They're probably gonna start having the shipments go out with Wave 3 which I'd guess has Double Trouble, Cynder, Whirlwind, Drill Sarge and probably 2 other Skylanders.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#45 Posted: 17:37:21 02/01/2012
There won't be new figures tomorrow. I not only promise this, but I will bet 100 games from my video game collection.

Why? The online game unlocks the characters before the characters come out. This is how we knew that Hex, Dino Rang and Wrecking Ball were the next Skylanders to be released.

Slam Bam, Cynder and Double Trouble aren't unlockable on Spyro's Universe yet.

Also, the official Skylanders Facebook page, would have added pics of Slam Bam, Cynder and Double Trouble on the portal, if they were released.

Sadly, nothing will come tomorrow, and if any joker tries to pretend they did with no pics, it will be an easy laugh.
---
#46 Posted: 18:08:32 02/01/2012
There won't be new figures tomorrow. I not only promise this, but I will bet 100 games from my video game collection.

Why? The online game unlocks the characters before the characters come out. This is how we knew that Hex, Dino Rang and Wrecking Ball were the next Skylanders to be released.

Also, the official Skylanders Facebook page, would have added pics of Slam Bam, Cynder and Double Trouble on the portal, if they were released.

Sadly, nothing will come tomorrow, and if any joker tries to pretend they did with no pics, it will be an easy laugh.

This.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
budkin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1234
#47 Posted: 18:54:02 02/01/2012
Amen bro.
#48 Posted: 22:04:15 02/01/2012

They did upload Slam Blam on FB, so maybe when they show the other 2, it'll come out?
---

joseph235 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1089
#49 Posted: 06:40:22 03/01/2012
Well avtivision got back to me and said :
My question
So it sounds like it's at least a few weeks or more away?It's not going to be in a day or 2 right? That's all i'm curious about.
53 minutes ago · Like.

There response
Activision Assist Well, I did get SOME confirmation for you. They should be available within the next month. This can depend on the individual retailer and when they put the stock on the shelves.

Also yesterday morning toys r us told me febuary aswell.Doesnt look good for this month. If anyone heard anything different please post Thanks
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 06:46:04 03/01/2012 by joseph235
#50 Posted: 09:40:27 03/01/2012
if not anything new arrive january 19th-26th then i go for febuary to...
Page 1 of 12 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me