Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 4 of 12 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Release Date of Figures [CLOSED]
Whirlwind5598 Green Sparx Gems: 332
#151 Posted: 04:21:59 10/01/2012
If my mom finds any she'll buy them for me then I'll try to post pics. I don't know if I can though because my computer says error posting when I try to post an image. But I'll try anyways.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:23:23 10/01/2012 by Whirlwind5598
greenlantern511 Ripto Gems: 270
#152 Posted: 04:24:26 10/01/2012
My Zap didn't come in either at that site so.....

we must resort to primitive methods such as plowing through crowds.
P1anet Fun Green Sparx Gems: 306
#153 Posted: 04:25:27 10/01/2012
Quote: GameMaster78
I could help find these, if some dumb dork on Ebay selling these posted a pic of the bottom of Empire of Ice. We need a UPC and I bet I could grab a ton to help all of us.

Alright, I'm partial to the whole situation, but why do you hate people that buy and resell? It isn't the worst crime; in fact it isn't a crime at all. How do you know these sellers aren't selling to help support their families, etc? It might not only be for profit.
#154 Posted: 04:27:00 10/01/2012
Quote: P1anet Fun
I could help find these, if some dumb dork on Ebay selling these posted a pic of the bottom of Empire of Ice. We need a UPC and I bet I could grab a ton to help all of us.

Alright, I'm partial to the whole situation, but why do you hate people that buy and resell? It isn't the worst crime; in fact it isn't a crime at all. How do you know these sellers aren't selling to help support their families, etc? It might not only be for profit.

But thats no reason to sell them for like 10 times what they're worth.
Most of the ebay listings of EoI are in california and they are really close to where I live so I'll try to check TRU all this week.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:27:45 10/01/2012 by Whirlwind5598
#155 Posted: 04:27:36 10/01/2012
P1anet Fun, would you like to join in our worldwide hunt?
#156 Posted: 04:28:05 10/01/2012
Quote: Whirlwind5598

Well, sellers that list them at higher prices maybe, but for the people that start the bidding at low prices, it isn't their fault how high people bid them up.

Yes greenlantern, I would lol. I plan on calling everywhere tomorrow.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:29:13 10/01/2012 by P1anet Fun
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#157 Posted: 04:31:58 10/01/2012
Agreed, it is selling them for ten times what they're worth that's the problem. A blank auction, or an auction that starts at retail price, is a different story. It's not the seller's fault if buyers jack a $20 item up over $100. I've had that happen to me, albeit not with Skylanders, and it was a very pleasant surprise that helped in a huge way. Would I have listed that item for $100 outright? No, that's total price gouging. Starting low, as some of the EoI auctioneers have, is far more innocent than outright demanding scalper prices.

It's not wrong to resell. You're correct, the welfare of a family must come before equity among gamers, and there's nothing else to it. However, not everyone is doing it for this reason, and not everyone starts at a fair price either. Buying 8 Empire of Ice sets and selling them for $100 a pop is pretty unscrupulous, while buying one or two and starting the bidding at market price or even a 99-cent auction is a totally different story.

Sadly, there's no black and white in this world, but given the current eBay landscape for this thing, it's easier to see the black for many people. Surely you understand.
Proggy99 Red Sparx Gems: 66
#158 Posted: 04:32:59 10/01/2012
BB earlier told me they were wiped out today, but that they were expecting new skylanders on Thursday. Before that, they just always said no, sorry, first time they said they were expecting anything.
---
have [smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smilie]
looking for smiliesmiliesmilie
#159 Posted: 04:40:14 10/01/2012
Good. This plan is so far running flawlessly. Now Proggy, where you live, could you try everywhere tomorrow through your aforementioned date of Thursday?
#160 Posted: 04:44:13 10/01/2012
Quote: Whirlwind5598

Well, sellers that list them at higher prices maybe, but for the people that start the bidding at low prices, it isn't their fault how high people bid them up.

Yes greenlantern, I would lol. I plan on calling everywhere tomorrow.

Well yea i'm not mad at them but the people who mark them as buy it now for like $50.
---

GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#161 Posted: 04:45:03 10/01/2012

Was it Reimu here, that said in my topic about scalpers, that buying all of the stock from stores to spite scalpers, might have hurt the chances of another kid getting their hands on Sonic Boom?

Sure, scalping isn't a crime. It is greedy actions, no matter how you slice it. If it falls on the fact that people do it to take care of their kids, why did they never get a real job? I mean if scalping could make a living, why doesn't everyone do it? Who needs college or a degree, when we can just scalp each other?

For real, though. If people are scalping, they're still taking a chance for little Timmy to get one, away. That is wrong. My fiancee does the whole couponing thing, but she never buys out the total stock. She says that is selfish, and it's mean to not leave some for others.

Scalping could be okay, if people didn't go overboard and BUY ALL OF IT!
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#162 Posted: 04:47:35 10/01/2012
First of all, let's all stop debating and work for a common goal... To find wave 3 this week. Now I got NO release date in my email so...

Now, anyone else want to join the hunt for 2 dragons, an Arkeyen, an Ice Yeti and a Tiki Man?
#163 Posted: 04:49:32 10/01/2012
Jobs don't grow on trees these days, and many of the ones that are available could never be called "real." A person can't afford to take care of their family working at Walmart, but it might be all they have. A kid might not be able to pay tuition from their salary at Carl's Jr., but it's all they have. While not every scalper is a sob story, some aren't even scalpers at all, but real people who need the money and can't find it any other way. You better believe that, if Vhraina and I lost our stations in life tomorrow, the first thing we'd do is list our boxed Skylanders collection and hope for a big return. Ethics no longer apply when the unethical becomes a necessity.
Proggy99 Red Sparx Gems: 66
#164 Posted: 04:49:56 10/01/2012
Quote: greenlantern511
Good. This plan is so far running flawlessly. Now Proggy, where you live, could you try everywhere tomorrow through your aforementioned date of Thursday?

yup, yup, Columbus, OH area. Couple TRU's, handful of EBGames and BB's, ton of Targets and Walmarts. Even a Kmart or two. The fun of the hunt alone keeps me from even considering enriching an ebay reseller. If I can not hunt it down, then I won't have it. Simple enough for me.

I just wish the starter packs would go on sale for $50 again, down from the current $70. Would snatch up a 3DS pack then. Take care of my Stealth Elf and my son's Ignitor wants.
---
have [smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smilie]
looking for smiliesmiliesmilie
#165 Posted: 04:52:14 10/01/2012
We need people covering the UK and other countries. Now, we have Texas, California, New Mexico, Ohio, and wherever GameMaster and Monisour lives.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:01:42 10/01/2012 by greenlantern511
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#166 Posted: 05:00:45 10/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Just got back from wally world and there was nothing on the display. I checked the restocking boxes and there was nothing that indicated the figures. But I did gas up the van and bought soda so it wasnt a wasted trip.
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
#167 Posted: 05:00:56 10/01/2012
Quote: Tashiji
Jobs don't grow on trees these days, and many of the ones that are available could never be called "real." A person can't afford to take care of their family working at Walmart, but it might be all they have. A kid might not be able to pay tuition from their salary at Carl's Jr., but it's all they have. While not every scalper is a sob story, some aren't even scalpers at all, but real people who need the money and can't find it any other way. You better believe that, if Vhraina and I lost our stations in life tomorrow, the first thing we'd do is list our boxed Skylanders collection and hope for a big return. Ethics no longer apply when the unethical becomes a necessity.

The real question then becomes, if these people list an item like Empire of Ice for 120 bucks, but are real people listing an item, how did they know Skylanders was worth so much? That's how one usually determines if a scalper is pulling these cards for the reasons they do.

I mean my mom asks me all the time "how much is this worth? Do you think this is worth something?" She could never walk into a store, pick up a Skylander, and know it is worth money enough to throw it on Ebay.

I mean, that's my take on it, anyway. I think when it comes to Skylanders and other toys, scalpers are scalpers in the regard they are wanting money. The 60 year old I keep mentioning, gets military money every month. He drives a damn nice car. He always dresses rich. He will be all over this like white on rice. He obviously doesn't need the money. But in scalpers eyes, or those who value money instead of thinking of others, there is no such thing as having enough money, even if you're rich.

I do agree, though. Some people who bought this with the intention on keeping it, but had to get rid of it for money, wouldn't be scalping in my eyes. You two didn't buy up the entire stock for the purpose of turning profit asap.
---
#168 Posted: 05:01:38 10/01/2012
Where you located Monsi?
---
#169 Posted: 05:03:08 10/01/2012
GameMaster, where you at?
MrWrecker Red Sparx Gems: 63
#170 Posted: 05:07:09 10/01/2012
got this from amazon:

We now have delivery date(s) for the order you placed on January 08, 2012

"Activision Skylanders Spyro's Adventure Triple Character Pack 6"
Estimated arrival date: January 26, 2012 - February 02, 2012

Will hit the stores here in GA after work...let you know if i see anything
---
Ours=[smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie] [smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie] [smiliesmiliesmilie] [smiliesmilie] [smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie] [smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie] [smiliesmilie] [smiliesmilie]
#171 Posted: 05:07:59 10/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Where you located Monsi?

Posted this previously, but I am in upstate NY, round the capital district.
---
My kids own :
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
#172 Posted: 05:14:14 10/01/2012

The real question then becomes, if these people list an item like Empire of Ice for 120 bucks, but are real people listing an item, how did they know Skylanders was worth so much? That's how one usually determines if a scalper is pulling these cards for the reasons they do.

I mean my mom asks me all the time "how much is this worth? Do you think this is worth something?" She could never walk into a store, pick up a Skylander, and know it is worth money enough to throw it on Ebay.

I mean, that's my take on it, anyway. I think when it comes to Skylanders and other toys, scalpers are scalpers in the regard they are wanting money. The 60 year old I keep mentioning, gets military money every month. He drives a damn nice car. He always dresses rich. He will be all over this like white on rice. He obviously doesn't need the money. But in scalpers eyes, or those who value money instead of thinking of others, there is no such thing as having enough money, even if you're rich.

I do agree, though. Some people who bought this with the intention on keeping it, but had to get rid of it for money, wouldn't be scalping in my eyes. You two didn't buy up the entire stock for the purpose of turning profit asap.

Well, Skylanders has clawed its way into pop culture, and it's not just the market-savvy that have jumped aboard. Word of mouth is getting around that these are the hottest toy on the market, there are plenty of articles, and many perfectly innocent ways a person can discover their worth without being a scalper. I would never blame anyone who was being hounded by debt collectors, or short of rent, or running out of food, in the dire economic situation we all live in, for buying and selling a few Skylanders. ... Granted, buying out the store is one thing; if you're plopping down $600 on 30 Empires of Ice, that's scalping, because clearly you're not just scraping by at that point. But people will do what they have to do to survive, and they'll look for any solution to their problem. If that's Skylanders, it does suck to be me as a buyer, but I'd give up my Empire of Ice to stop a family I didn't know from being evicted if that were truly the case, and I knew it, so I'm willing to grant a little blind faith to the idea that some of these--maybe not even the majority, but some--are being sold for a cause more important than my personal enjoyment of a video game.

That old guy is definitely a scalper, though. Probably even has fun doing it.
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#173 Posted: 08:34:10 10/01/2012
Well, if anyone is able to get ahold of the newest wave easily, I may have to resort to importing it or buying from them - no way I'm paying ridiculous prices. I only paid more than retail value for Drill Sergeant because it was cheaper than driving around trying to find stores that sold him; I don't want to do that with anyone else!
---
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
#174 Posted: 14:14:35 10/01/2012
It's going to be tough finding this one. If Walmart would have only posted a UPC for Empire of Ice, it would be easier to find.

I think Walmarts have a new script now, for anyone who calls about Skylanders. "We are sold out." They know they sell out quick, so anytime they get some in, but don't want to check, they can fall on that script. smilie
---
#175 Posted: 14:18:27 10/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Called the big 3 (wally world, target, TRU) this morning and nada.
---
My kids own :
#176 Posted: 15:50:05 10/01/2012
Likewise. Went to Walmart by my house (where I first found Hex, Dino Rang and Wrecking Ball). They had zilch.
---
scout_post Green Sparx Gems: 112
#177 Posted: 16:53:03 10/01/2012
Been following this thread for a bit, but just now chiming in. I live in the Phoenix area (suburbs) and checked a couple of WalMarts and Targets this morning, talked to the managers, and they had nothing. I did learn from the manager of the electronics at Target (who I talk to on nearly a daily basis now and will probably be my best friend after all this is over- haha) that they have a delivery date at their store for Jan. 20th. But even he said this is a "tentative" date. It does however, coincide with the delivery date info we're all getting from Amazon. Still, since some people obviously have the new ones in hand, I plan on checking every day- because I wouldn't be surprised if they come sooner.

WalMart is the hardest store to check on because they are open 24hrs and get trucks in with shipments every day, at different times during the day. So you never know when they will get them and stock them- could be morning, noon, evening, etc. At least with Target, TRU, Gamestop, etc. you know that they will most likely stock overnight or early in the am and you can get there first thing in the morning.

Anyway...diligence! Just keep checking regularly, they'll be here soon!
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#178 Posted: 16:59:44 10/01/2012
They will be here, yes, but how often they stock and with how much, is what the problem will be.
---
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#179 Posted: 17:10:39 10/01/2012
Went to Gamestop yesterday and was told that "They get random boxes in" and that they usually sell out within the hour.

The girl also told me that they were told they'd get them in near the end of the month. So in the least at some point over the next week or so we should be seeing these guys.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#180 Posted: 17:15:34 10/01/2012
This guy says he has Empire of Ice in Hand...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SLAM-B...=item1e6a10bae3

Happy Hunting Everyone.
joseph235 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1089
#181 Posted: 18:33:49 10/01/2012
I just finished flying all over and the only thing any stores got was eb games they said there getting a whopping shipment of 6 figures in today of some repeats.

but are expecting a bigger shipment this week or next.

Also why does activison tell us to ask our local stores when they are getting wave 3 and more skylanders?.They have no clue toys r us said sometime in febuary and a different eb games said they had no clue. Same with best buy. With it being so close to the wave 3 release date now i figured they would have some knowledge about the skylander figurines. Oh well
scout_post Green Sparx Gems: 112
#182 Posted: 19:19:45 10/01/2012
Quote: joseph235
I just finished flying all over and the only thing any stores got was eb games they said there getting a whopping shipment of 6 figures in today of some repeats.

but are expecting a bigger shipment this week or next.

Also why does activison tell us to ask our local stores when they are getting wave 3 and more skylanders?.They have no clue toys r us said sometime in febuary and a different eb games said they had no clue. Same with best buy. With it being so close to the wave 3 release date now i figured they would have some knowledge about the skylander figurines. Oh well

I don't fully understand it either, because according to store employees, it sounds like Activision must ship to the warehouses of TRU, Target, etc. and then the warehouses put things in shipments to come to each local store- but those shipments contain all kinds of things and so the local employees don't know when or how much Skylanders will be (if any) in a shipment. I think Activision just tells you to ask your local store to get us off their back. I think a lot of the answers we get are an attempt to get us to stop bothering people with asking. They just say they are sold out or they don't know. But I don't know for sure
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#183 Posted: 21:51:32 10/01/2012
Nothin here, but I'll keep trying through Sunday.
Jawgoosh Green Sparx Gems: 228
#184 Posted: 00:57:39 11/01/2012
Found Double Trouble at Best Buy on my way home from work. Kid working there said they got 30 characters this morning and there were only 3 when I got there at 4. (Drill sergeant and flame slinger). He had no idea on Empire of Ice. Target had nothing but thought maybe this weekend.

I've been lurking here for weeks and finally joined. My daughter (4) likes the game but has way more fun playing with statues and looking for new guy.

If I knew how to attach pic from phone I would show you double trouble sitting on the counter.

Edit: does this work? http://lockerz.com/s/173385881

Edit 2. I'm in MN...twin cities.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:06:24 11/01/2012 by Jawgoosh
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#185 Posted: 01:03:58 11/01/2012
^Oosh! That is cool!
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
#186 Posted: 01:30:49 11/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Stopped @ gamestop on a whim, nada. Clerk said activision said to release them on the 13th. 0.o
---
My kids own :
dwattzdrummer Gold Sparx Gems: 2413
#187 Posted: 01:36:11 11/01/2012
Double Trouble is out already holly ****! That picture is awesome...
---
wdrumz YouTube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/wdrumz
C1nder Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10076
#188 Posted: 01:41:11 11/01/2012
Hurray, one of the wave three dudes is out! ^w^
PinkWater Yellow Sparx Gems: 1059
#189 Posted: 01:46:09 11/01/2012
Aw, crap. If you only found him, lord knows where the 2 I want are.
---
CILAN IS THE SEXIEST MAN ALIVE.

I DARE YOU TO PROVE ME WRONG! ...Actually don't. I'm quite biased.
spyro assasin Ripto Gems: 71
#190 Posted: 02:10:49 11/01/2012
easter to january big gap
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#191 Posted: 03:18:43 11/01/2012
@Jawgoosh

thanks for the photo, double trouble just looks amazing...

[User Posted Image]
#192 Posted: 03:30:34 11/01/2012
come on wave 3 It can't be much longer now.
erving Green Sparx Gems: 108
#193 Posted: 04:06:38 11/01/2012
Hello. Picked these up today at Bestbuy. Also got Flameslinger, Drill Sergeant, and a three pack with Bash, Chop Chop, Eruptor. Not sure what is up with the Gold Chop Chop. Are these a limited supply thing?

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
Sackexchange Blue Sparx Gems: 802
#194 Posted: 04:30:30 11/01/2012
I'm glad I put in my order for double trouble and Cynder this morning on amazon. They changed the link. Instead of making seperate ones for each figure the title now just says Skylanders. When you click on it, inside you can choose which Skylanders to purchase. Unfortunately as of now you can't purchase any.
Sackexchange Blue Sparx Gems: 802
#195 Posted: 04:35:41 11/01/2012
That gold chop chop is probably like the silver ones. I would hold on to it for a bit and check eBay and that will tell you what it's worth.
#196 Posted: 04:36:40 11/01/2012
I'll buy or trade for the gold Chop Chop. Would love to have it in my collection.
#197 Posted: 04:54:24 11/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Just got off of the web game. The wave 3 figures are not available to unlock as of yet. Odd how they are out in the public's hands yet you cannot unlock them online.
---
My kids own :
#198 Posted: 05:06:33 11/01/2012
Quote: erving
Hello. Picked these up today at Bestbuy. Also got Flameslinger, Drill Sergeant, and a three pack with Bash, Chop Chop, Eruptor. Not sure what is up with the Gold Chop Chop. Are these a limited supply thing?

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

Where do you live?
erving Green Sparx Gems: 108
#199 Posted: 05:46:17 11/01/2012
Pennsylvania, USA
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#200 Posted: 12:09:23 11/01/2012
Quote: Monsinour
Just got off of the web game. The wave 3 figures are not available to unlock as of yet. Odd how they are out in the public's hands yet you cannot unlock them online.

Maybe the figures weren't suppose to be out yet. It's not the first time that the stores mess up with that. Another member in another topic here said that the seller in the shop told him that Activision said to not put the new characters in the store before the 13th.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:41:00 11/01/2012 by Reimu
First | Previous | Page 4 of 12 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me