Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 12 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Release Date of Figures [CLOSED]
Phoenixdragon Blue Sparx Gems: 523
#51 Posted: 13:20:20 03/01/2012
Good news everyone:

I saw this on Amazon today:

[User Posted Image]

Cynder:
http://www.amazon.de/Activisio...25596755&sr=8-1

Double Trouble:
http://www.amazon.de/Double-Tr...ref=pd_sim_vg_5
---
smilie Sunburn - "Roast N' Toast!" smilie

My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenixdrag0n
LyraDragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1283
#52 Posted: 13:22:51 03/01/2012
YES.
[User Posted Image]
YES!!
---
Team Drago
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
wanted:smilie
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#53 Posted: 14:28:36 03/01/2012 | Topic Creator
That is german amazon. It matches the german catalogue. Its not like its new information, just more of it from another source. If I lived in germany, I would be stoked. But I don't, and I'm not. We need to find this on some north american source to appease me.
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
#54 Posted: 14:36:12 03/01/2012
If they come out in Germany it's just a matter of time till they will be released in other countries. Normally we're getting characters later than USA.
---

LyraDragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1283
#55 Posted: 14:39:18 03/01/2012
so the german release date is for the whole europe or just for germany?
---
Team Drago
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
wanted:smilie
#56 Posted: 14:41:00 03/01/2012
I don't know exactly but I guess for whole Europe...
---

#57 Posted: 15:00:56 03/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Phoenixdragon
I don't know exactly but I guess for whole Europe...

I would guess the same thing as well. I think it would be a logistical nightmare to have different release schedules for all the different countries over in europe.
---
My kids own :
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
joseph235 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1089
#58 Posted: 18:52:53 03/01/2012
Maybe there making it up to europe since they got screwed and had to wait quite a while for wave 2. I just want to know a date so i can put some money away. I guess all we can really do is wait till the 15 and see what happens. I might have to buy them from germany LOL hope not.
#59 Posted: 20:00:26 03/01/2012
Quote: joseph235
I guess all we can really do is wait till the 15 and see what happens.

Actually we have to wait at least till 16th cuz 15th is a Sunday... u__u
---

greenlantern511 Ripto Gems: 270
#60 Posted: 20:02:11 03/01/2012
^WHAT IS YOUR DEAL WITH SUNDAY? SINCE WHEN ARE STORES CLOSED ON SUNDAY?!
#61 Posted: 20:05:48 03/01/2012
Quote: greenlantern511

BECAUSE YOU ALL SAY THE NEW SKYLANDERS WILL MAYBE OU ON JANUARY 15th!
JANUARY 15th IS A SUNDAY!
---

Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#62 Posted: 20:06:08 03/01/2012
Quote: greenlantern511

BECAUSE YOU ALL SAY THE NEW SKYLANDERS WILL MAYBE OU ON JANUARY 15th!
JANUARY 15th IS A SUNDAY!

Stores are not closed on Sunday.
#63 Posted: 20:08:58 03/01/2012
ehm... yes they are...?
Maybe this is different in America but usually Sunday stores are closed...
---

Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#64 Posted: 20:10:12 03/01/2012
ehm... yes they are...?

Here in America, most stores aren't closed on Sundays.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#65 Posted: 20:10:31 03/01/2012
I'd honestly say that we should keep checking, and calling, and searching on eBay, from here through the 15th. Hex, Dino Rang, Wrecking Ball, and even the silver Skylanders, all appeared in scattered locations prior to the date they were supposed to debut with Darklight Crypt. Don't get caught with your pants down on this and become complacent with the 15th, it really could be any day now.
#66 Posted: 20:14:55 03/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Tashiji
I'd honestly say that we should keep checking, and calling, and searching on eBay, from here through the 15th. Hex, Dino Rang, Wrecking Ball, and even the silver Skylanders, all appeared in scattered locations prior to the date they were supposed to debut with Darklight Crypt. Don't get caught with your pants down on this and become complacent with the 15th, it really could be any day now.

Keep the hope alive for a wild goose chase! LOL
---
My kids own :
#67 Posted: 20:19:15 03/01/2012
Quote: Monsinour

Keep the hope alive for a wild goose chase! LOL

More like, be realistic? Same thing happened in October. Many stores broke the package date, and there's no reason to believe they won't this time. You're having too much faith in the integrity of massive chain stores if you don't think this is going to happen. I'm not advocating driving all around the city, but there's no reason not to poke your head in the electronics department when you're already in the store. Also, an eBay search takes what, ten seconds to run?

Let's look at this pragmatically here. We might know a potential release date, but we're up against a positively RABID force of parents and kids who got the game for Christmas and can't find a single figure, PLUS eBay scalpers. They may be gone the same day they show up. Being complacent could, quite realistically, mean no figures for the person who makes that mistake.

Now that the date isn't a complete mystery, there's a lot more of a point to looking. I expect the first leaks to eBay to show up next week sometime.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:19:48 03/01/2012 by Tashiji
Skaterpunkdan Blue Sparx Gems: 501
#68 Posted: 20:21:01 03/01/2012
ehm... yes they are...?

where are you? I'm in the UK and shops near me are usually open on sundays although only til 4pm-ish
---
I Have: 37/37
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#69 Posted: 20:22:12 03/01/2012
Quote: Aura24
ehm... yes they are...?

Here in America, most stores aren't closed on Sundays.

Open in Canada on sunday as well.
#70 Posted: 20:23:03 03/01/2012
Sorry, I didn't know that.
Thanks for telling me smilie
---

RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#71 Posted: 21:24:28 03/01/2012
Some stores over in the UK still close on Sunday, or they close earlier than usual.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
LegendaryChop Green Sparx Gems: 293
#72 Posted: 21:30:23 03/01/2012
Quote:
I will be making the phone calls tomorrow to the local targets x5 tomorrow morning to see if any new ones do come out. From what the target people tell me, the skylanders do not arrive on their regular shipment trucks. The skylanders arrive on different trucks that come on monday, wednesday, and fridays. It was suggested to me to call on those mornings to see if any arrived.

That is not true for Target in my area of the US. Skylanders come on the same truck as everything else on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays (occasionally Saturdays during busier seasons).
#73 Posted: 21:58:02 03/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Let's look at this pragmatically here. We might know a potential release date, but we're up against a positively RABID force of parents and kids who got the game for Christmas and can't find a single figure, PLUS eBay scalpers. They may be gone the same day they show up. Being complacent could, quite realistically, mean no figures for the person who makes that mistake.

I take offense to being called rabid. I went crazy trying to find all these figures for my kids. I drove all over and found them. I am sure I went a tad overboard on this, but seeing the looks on my kids faces was totally worth it. Best example was today when my son (who is 5) got home from school. Wrecking ball arrived in the mail today and I had it propped up on top of the TV. The gleam in his eyes and the pure joy in his voice totally made me forget just how much I overpaid for it. I wont be so over zealous with the future releases of the figures as I now know (kinda) when to look for them. I will probably only have to go to 1 store to get all the ones that come out. But there is something to be said for parents doing all they can to make their kids happy.

Quote: LegendaryChop
Quote: monsinour
I will be making the phone calls tomorrow to the local targets x5 tomorrow morning to see if any new ones do come out. From what the target people tell me, the skylanders do not arrive on their regular shipment trucks. The skylanders arrive on different trucks that come on monday, wednesday, and fridays. It was suggested to me to call on those mornings to see if any arrived.

That is not true for Target in my area of the US. Skylanders come on the same truck as everything else on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays (occasionally Saturdays during busier seasons).

I can only relay what the clerks tell me. I was given that information at two local targets of the 5 in my area. I do know that the local target distribution center is 20 miles from my house and I have joked to my family that we should just show up there and start knocking on doors until they let us in.
---
My kids own :
#74 Posted: 22:06:26 03/01/2012
I'm a rabid parent too, it's nothing to be offended over. We just need to accept this about ourselves, and move on with our lives. However, the ferocity with which Vhraina and I hunted these things down for our son could be described no other way, and from the sounds of your search, the same applies to you. Embrace Skylander rabies! Hunting toys brings out our true, uncivilized nature.
#75 Posted: 22:24:11 03/01/2012 | Topic Creator
I'm a rabid parent too, it's nothing to be offended over. We just need to accept this about ourselves, and move on with our lives. However, the ferocity with which Vhraina and I hunted these things down for our son could be described no other way, and from the sounds of your search, the same applies to you. Embrace Skylander rabies! Hunting toys brings out our true, uncivilized nature.

I didnt fight anyone off at a store to get them. But I certainly did a whole bunch of driving. Rabid? No. Determined? Yes.
---
My kids own :
#76 Posted: 22:33:06 03/01/2012
Your choice what side of that incredibly fine line you fall on.
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#77 Posted: 22:51:11 03/01/2012
However, the ferocity with which Vhraina and I hunted these things down for our son

smilie The five month old who gnaws on an Eruptor.

Haha, just like I tracked them down for my kids but I played with them for nigh on two months before XMas.

Denial? No, we are not in Cairo... smilie
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
#78 Posted: 22:55:02 03/01/2012 | Topic Creator
I'll settle for overzealous. How's that? LOL
---
My kids own :
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#79 Posted: 23:15:30 03/01/2012
ehm... yes they are...?

In NZ they're open on Sundays, but in Aus I think they're closed (at least the were when i lived there, may have changed since...)
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
#80 Posted: 23:20:21 03/01/2012
Quote: chaosworrier
However, the ferocity with which Vhraina and I hunted these things down for our son

Haha, just like I tracked them down for my kids but I played with them for nigh on two months before XMas.

One of the only times he sits still is for Skylanders. Five months old or not, it keeps him happy! smilie ... And V and I don't want to tire out on the game ourselves, so, in order to keep up our little dog and pony show for him, we need new content so we don't go insane. In a roundabout way, it is for him, because it's either this or Costume Quest...

But yes, we love Skylanders too. We miss our old games, we wish he cared for Skyward Sword at all, but it is what it is. He's holding us hostage in the Skylanders fandom.
Ridinggrl27 Blue Sparx Gems: 792
#81 Posted: 00:34:04 04/01/2012
I can't wait for wave 3! I just went to a Toys R Us and a Gamestop. They were both wiped out of skylanders. When I went to gamestop the guy said they have a shipment of skylanders coming sometime this week. Wave 3?
---
Hanayo is the Rice Queen
Ali1020 Blue Sparx Gems: 750
#82 Posted: 01:07:18 04/01/2012
Hi Newbie here!

I have a comment on the January 15th release date. Not sure if anyone mentioned this, but the following day is MLK Day, which means no school or work. So that means a whole day free to play with the new characters.
#83 Posted: 01:09:10 04/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: chaosworrier

One of the only times he sits still is for Skylanders. Five months old or not, it keeps him happy! smilie ... And V and I don't want to tire out on the game ourselves, so, in order to keep up our little dog and pony show for him, we need new content so we don't go insane. In a roundabout way, it is for him, because it's either this or Costume Quest...

But yes, we love Skylanders too. We miss our old games, we wish he cared for Skyward Sword at all, but it is what it is. He's holding us hostage in the Skylanders fandom.

One of the best things ever for our kids when they were that young was Nick Jr. No comercials so they are not bombarded with crap advertising and every single one of the shows was educational. The only time they were awake, watching TV and Nick Jr. wasnt on, we had PBS on for sesame street.
---
My kids own :
SkylandersBoy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1129
#84 Posted: 16:35:13 04/01/2012
YES! Preety cool news.
---
Swap Force is just plain awesome!
I'm not related to the SkylanderKids.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Skylanderster
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#85 Posted: 16:56:44 04/01/2012
So, I just got off the phone with an Activision rep who handles Skylanders. I was calling, because the online game was giving me issues.

Anyhow, I asked him if he knew when the new characters would be unlocked in the game to be registered, he said they're working on that. He then went on to break down January's releases. He mentioned how two characters in the wave were old, in that they're no longer exclusive. I said Whirlwind and Drill Sergeant, he said yes. They will be in single and triple packs. He then said Empire of Ice would be out, as well as Cynder and Double Trouble.

I asked him then, when are they coming out.

He said: "We can't give an answer to that, because they will be in stores when stores get their stock." So in other words, when stores get restocked on Skylanders, it's most likely wave 3.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#86 Posted: 17:14:30 04/01/2012
GOOD JOB GAMEMASTER! Thanks alot Your forum name definitly suits you Awsome thanks again
#87 Posted: 17:16:53 04/01/2012
I'm glad to hear confirmation on that. It's what I suspected as well. A set-in-stone release date just is not in the cards for this series, because shipments are handled more like toys; when they arrive, out they go. Everyone should keep their eyes open. Thanks for the info, GameMaster78.
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#88 Posted: 17:37:24 04/01/2012
No prob, guys. I knew all along, that's how this whole thing works. However, it was nice to hear that these things could be in stores today, should any given store get stock.

In other words, start watching your local stores today and onward.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
budkin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1234
#89 Posted: 17:49:26 04/01/2012
I can't wait for wave 3 but does anyone know if certain figures will no longer be available? I'm still missing some of the originals (Stealth Elf, Flameslinger, Chop Chop). I'd hate to have to buy them from some scalper on eBay.
#90 Posted: 18:13:07 04/01/2012
So we just have to play the webgame all the time and as soon as the new characters are available there they will be released smilie
... just kidding...
Yeah, great work GameMaster78! REALLY...GREAT... WORK smilie
---

Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#91 Posted: 19:21:11 04/01/2012
Yeah unfortunately I think this line is going to have a staggered release for all future waves when it comes to the figures. I don't believe the figs. will have release dates like the software since they are waiting to receive the actual toys and that's a little harder to coordinate than a software release. Thanks for the info. GameMaster and happy hunting everyone. Here in New Mexico (Abq. area) we've been wiped out since the Holiday and I saw our local Walmart receive a complete wave 2 (Hex, Dino, Erupt, Boomer, Wreck) and within 24 hours they were all gone. A fresh supply is greatly needed and a fresh supply with news figs. is greatly appreciated.
DantheDragonBoy Green Sparx Gems: 404
#92 Posted: 19:28:22 04/01/2012
GameMaster surely was a lifesaver, calling Activision for information upon Wave Three. Nice work!
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
37/37
#93 Posted: 19:29:03 04/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Just so you all know, espically for the kiddies out there, I have to take my kids to school at 8:45 am every morning. It has become a habit of mine to give the local target a call to see if they have any figures in stock. Only once did I get a yes and that was the monday after christmas. I will be altering my calling schedule to just monday, wednesday, and friday. If I get a positive answer, I will post that here. I will then drive like the dickens to the store, get what I need, and post pics pronto, LOL.

This week, monday and today was a no.
---
My kids own :
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#94 Posted: 08:28:21 05/01/2012
They're not up for preorder on Amazon UK yet; they're still having difficulties getting Wave 2 in before the end of the month!
---
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
#95 Posted: 14:06:23 05/01/2012
Are there still places that don't have wave 2 yet?
ace Gold Sparx Gems: 2982
#96 Posted: 21:07:29 05/01/2012
just got back from gamestop and the guy there had some interesting information, i had asked him when they were expecting to get more skylanders in and he said soon but they werent expecting the new ones until the end of january. then we got on the topic of exclusives and he said that best buy has their own exclusive now and that it's sunburn and the dragons peak pack and that its out right now but so far the only state to get it is Tennessee. idk if u guys knew about this but it's news to me. idk if its true or not. also on a side note he told me hex was originally a gamestop exclusive o.O didnt know that either
---
Praise Helix!!!
tklawson Red Sparx Gems: 63
#97 Posted: 21:56:57 05/01/2012
I was at the Times Square Toys R Us today, and they received a new shipment of Skylanders - No Wave 2 or 3, only Wave 1. I got there while the clerk putting them on the shelf, and I noticed the box had an orange sticker that said do not open before October something, so Activision probably has been holding these back to increase demand for them. At any rate, DO NOT use ebay, as more Toys R Us locations should be stocking up soon.
#98 Posted: 22:30:00 05/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: ace
just got back from gamestop and the guy there had some interesting information, i had asked him when they were expecting to get more skylanders in and he said soon but they werent expecting the new ones until the end of january. then we got on the topic of exclusives and he said that best buy has their own exclusive now and that it's sunburn and the dragons peak pack and that its out right now but so far the only state to get it is Tennessee. idk if u guys knew about this but it's news to me. idk if its true or not. also on a side note he told me hex was originally a gamestop exclusive o.O didnt know that either

No offense to you, but that guy has a legendary trigger happy in the back too apparently.
---
My kids own :
ace Gold Sparx Gems: 2982
#99 Posted: 23:20:35 05/01/2012
Quote: Monsinour
Quote: ace

No offense to you, but that guy has a legendary trigger happy in the back too apparently.

ehh i've been reading most of the topics so i was pretty sure he was wrong. but i still gotta wonder where he was getting his info from o.O the dragons peak i'm pretty sure is untrue cause they r releasing the ice one soon and doubt they would release them both so close together. i could beleive him about wave 3 though, here in wisconsin we usually get things a bit later than the rest of the country i've noticed :/
---
Praise Helix!!!
PinkWater Yellow Sparx Gems: 1059
#100 Posted: 06:58:43 06/01/2012
Quote: GameMaster78
So, I just got off the phone with an Activision rep who handles Skylanders. I was calling, because the online game was giving me issues.

Anyhow, I asked him if he knew when the new characters would be unlocked in the game to be registered, he said they're working on that. He then went on to break down January's releases. He mentioned how two characters in the wave were old, in that they're no longer exclusive. I said Whirlwind and Drill Sergeant, he said yes. They will be in single and triple packs. He then said Empire of Ice would be out, as well as Cynder and Double Trouble.

I asked him then, when are they coming out.

He said: "We can't give an answer to that, because they will be in stores when stores get their stock." So in other words, when stores get restocked on Skylanders, it's most likely wave 3.

YES THANK YOU!

Would checking online suffice?
---
CILAN IS THE SEXIEST MAN ALIVE.

I DARE YOU TO PROVE ME WRONG! ...Actually don't. I'm quite biased.
First | Page 2 of 12 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me