Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Wow, totally sold out in my entire city [CLOSED]
Yuckmouth Green Sparx Gems: 214
#1 Posted: 21:38:59 31/12/2011 | Topic Creator
I guess a lot of people got the game for Christmas. I live in Wisconsin and I called every store in my city just because I noticed the prices for figures was getting crazy on Ebay. Sold out at

Walmart x 2
Kmart x 2
Shopko x 2
Best Buy
Target
Sam's Club

Kmart and shopko had the pirate high seas pack but that was it.... crazy! Glad we got all the figures before madness! Wave 3 is going to be hard to get.
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#2 Posted: 21:44:43 31/12/2011
My local GAME sold out of them all, but my supermarkets still have them in stock. Except Asda, but they never really sold the figures (and neither did my local Gamestation).
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#3 Posted: 21:51:10 31/12/2011
Same situation in Fairfax area Virginia. Not a one, not even a Boomer, in any display in the city. Sucks to be a late adopter.
Hyena Yellow Sparx Gems: 1413
#4 Posted: 21:55:43 31/12/2011
It's sort of the same here.

Went to Toys R Us. Got Hex, Dino-Rang, and the last Zap(thank god).
Went to all THREE Targets. Nothing.
Went to all THREE Wal-Marts. Nothing.
Went to one out of two Best Buys. There was an upgrade package. I didn't get it.
Went to 2 out of 5 Gamestops. Still nothing.

Need to track down the other stores. e.e
MonkeyBones Green Sparx Gems: 155
#5 Posted: 22:00:21 31/12/2011
13 stores in my area and NOTHING I only need 1 air pet but can't seem to find 1 to save my life
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#6 Posted: 22:07:18 31/12/2011
Just went out today to look for some.
The Walmart I went to was completely sold out of individual character packs and only had the starter kits for sale. Upon asking, they said they were all out in the back.

The Target I went to only had the Starter packs as well.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#7 Posted: 22:12:15 31/12/2011
I know! Went all over the place and nowhere had any additional toys, three packs, or level expansions. All I saw were the basic pack and a few Boomers here and there. Man, people just don't like him that much do they?
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
#8 Posted: 22:28:15 31/12/2011
It's the Jerks on E-Bay selling them for $20-$60 it makes me sick
#9 Posted: 22:37:09 31/12/2011
Supply and demand, sadly. What reason do they have to sell them for store price? I'm not here to apologize for them, but it's elementary economics, not people, that are the source of this problem. An eBay auctioneer who starts their sale at retail price can't be blamed if a buyer wants to pay $70 for it. Sure, there are price jackers, but regardless of if the seller is bleeding the customer or not, the figures are peaking right now. A penny auction can easily end up at an obscene price with Skylanders. If a figure were really worth just the retail price, that's where the auction would end.

Blame rabid and impatient buyers if you've got to blame a person, but I really think the source of your frustration is that not enough figures were made to fulfill consumer demand.
PinkWater Yellow Sparx Gems: 1059
#10 Posted: 22:37:47 31/12/2011
Well, I sure feel the odd-one out; around here, the only Skylander that's always sold out is Whirlwind at Target. I've seen at least 3 of every other one at some store.
---
CILAN IS THE SEXIEST MAN ALIVE.

I DARE YOU TO PROVE ME WRONG! ...Actually don't. I'm quite biased.
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#11 Posted: 22:40:01 31/12/2011
Skylanders are quite hard to find here as well. They're not impossible to find, but some are pretty hard. I bet Wave 3's going to be a pain to find (especially Cynder).
Although they're always out of Drill Sergeants where I live.
---
but i love it all smooth
Aeonaxx Red Sparx Gems: 62
#12 Posted: 22:40:55 31/12/2011
Same here. None any where. just the Darklight crypt at Toys R Us. And none to be found other place. Good thing target gets a truck on Mon,Wed,Fri so we will see. They have a Gray sticker on where the price is so that means they are on order. At Toys they won't be getting much due to the warehouse is low. but doing inv check on the 15th of Jan, So maybe with the next big shipment the 2nd wave will come out.

If what I saw was true that whirlwind is going to be taken off the shelf in the single sometime in Q1 then it looks like ill have to go for the 3 pack or deal with the stupid prices. but my hopes are still high for one. =)
---
Own smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie

Want smilie smilie smilie
#13 Posted: 22:43:39 31/12/2011
I expect single packs of Whirlwind and Drill Sergeant in other stores as well. After all, profits for singles are higher than profits for triple packs. Activision won't let that go so lightly.
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#14 Posted: 23:04:08 31/12/2011
Actually, the Walmart I was at had one of those large trianglular cardboard thing that sits on the shelf. Up on the top left, it has a picture of Drill Sarge with the caption "EXCLUSIVE FIGURE: DRILL SERGEANT. OFFER VALID TIL 12.31.11"

I'm assuming it's in reference to how long they'll continue having them at Walmart exclusively. We'll probably see them popping up at other stores a la the Darklight Crypt pack. (this would also mean that Whirlwind/Drill Sarge with the little logos on them stating their exclusivity at the store would probably be rare!)
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#15 Posted: 23:21:23 31/12/2011
Quote: spyroflame0487
Actually, the Walmart I was at had one of those large trianglular cardboard thing that sits on the shelf. Up on the top left, it has a picture of Drill Sarge with the caption "EXCLUSIVE FIGURE: DRILL SERGEANT. OFFER VALID TIL 12.31.11"

I'm assuming it's in reference to how long they'll continue having them at Walmart exclusively. We'll probably see them popping up at other stores a la the Darklight Crypt pack. (this would also mean that Whirlwind/Drill Sarge with the little logos on them stating their exclusivity at the store would probably be rare!)

So the Whirlwind hunt should begin tomorrow then? smilie
---

TheBoch Yellow Sparx Gems: 1035
#16 Posted: 02:11:48 01/01/2012
I work at Target here in California at the beginning of the week we had 168 skylander figures, as of today we have 0 having sold the last figure, a Voodood, today.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:12:10 01/01/2012 by TheBoch
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#17 Posted: 02:17:09 01/01/2012
I got this for my kids and they love it completely. Chop Chop lost an arm, but I am doing the replacement thing with activision. Being the good parent (I hope) that I am, I have searched the 25 mile radius of the town I live in to no avail. Well kinda. Day after christmas we started looking to complete the figures. I had good luck then, but since not so much. The luckiest I was was on friday the 30th. I have found all but

Stump Smash
Wrecking Ball
Whirlwind
Drill Sergant
Legendary 3pack

in stores and paid retail for them. I consider myself lucky for finding as many as I did. I did go to ebay to get stump smash, wrecking ball, and the legendary 3pack. I have not decided about drill sergant or whirlwind. I cannot bring myself to spend $100 for a figure, ala whirlwind, and $35 for drill sergant is almost too much. I was able to get stump smash for $18.50 and wrecking ball for $25. I know I overpaid for the legendary 3pack at $68, but I personally wanted them. So in all, I have visited :

Target x5
Walmart x4
Toys R Us x7
Gamestop x10
Sears x2
Kmart x1
FYE x5
and a slew of other mom & pop game stores.

I have spent quite a bit in gas to get the collection I have and my kids are really happy. Seeing the smiles on their faces is worth it.
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#18 Posted: 04:25:05 01/01/2012
I read a gaming forum on an Aussie site and people there are resorting to ordering from overseas sites to get figurines as any stock which does trickle into a store generally disappears within hours.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
CopiousTurtle Green Sparx Gems: 240
#19 Posted: 16:06:28 01/01/2012
I am still needing to pick up:

Stealth Elf
Whirlwind
Boomer
Hex
Dino-rang

After that, it's on to wave 3...

I am traveling back to my wife's hometown today, and I plan on stopping at a Target on the way to find a Whirlwind. It is roughly about 50 miles from my house. I guess it is not as impressive since I am traveling that way anyway, but oh well.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#20 Posted: 17:22:17 01/01/2012
I need all the Air ones and for life I only Stump Smash
#21 Posted: 17:25:32 01/01/2012
Not sure where you are, but GL on finding that whirlwind.

What was frustrating for me and my kids was going to stores and finding none or just one. On the 30th we happened into a target that was restocking their shelves and it appeared that they just got in one case. We scored 3 that shopping trip and I am kicking myself for not getting all that we saw there.
---
My kids own :
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
Dynomy84 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1022
#22 Posted: 19:29:17 01/01/2012
I know how you feel...I checked Gamestop, Toys R us, Target, and all I found was...Well, nothing.
---
Zap
------
Ride the lightning!
JAP28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1097
#23 Posted: 21:41:44 01/01/2012
Same here went out recently all the stores had no figures adventure packs nothing!!!!
The only store that did have some supply was Toys R Us that's it.
---
All Current Skylanders just no pearl smilie
#24 Posted: 22:10:29 01/01/2012
I got lucky today. I traveled 30 miles to a target on the complete opposite side of town and they have 4 characters; Bash, stump smash, voodood, and drobot. According to the clerk, they also have 4 cases of the same figures in the back store room. Since I needed stump smash, I picked him up. I also picked up the other 3 for listing on ebay. Maybe, just maybe, these things will sell for enough $ that I can afford to get more.
---
My kids own :
#25 Posted: 22:51:36 01/01/2012
^ Interesting. I plan on getting the new 3 pack and selling Double Trouble and Drill Sarge. If anyone on here wants, tell me.
---

Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me