First | Previous | Page 35 of 39 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
Upgrade Paths Recommendation Thread [STICKY]
greenlinkinmuse Ripto Gems: 347
#1701 Posted: 23:39:48 16/08/2012
Alright, I just got the 3-pack with Prism Break, Boomer & Voodood. For Prism Break I'm planning to go with Prismancer simply because I don't play PvP, I want to use Demolition Troll on Boomer, and I will go with Marauder for Voodood. Tell me if I'm making a mistake or if I chose the right paths.

--
Skylanders: smilie :th smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie :vd:
Esunmar Green Sparx Gems: 452
#1702 Posted: 01:58:26 17/08/2012
@greenlinkinmuse
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxLemGB8qWw&feature=plcp <- Here's the Prismacer path in action, and if you go on his channel and type in those specified skylanders, you'll find those paths (along with their others).
---
Life has given me a voracious hunger and all you give me is candy.
So I'm leaving with my legs and my youth even if jealousy kills you.
Stealthelfrocks Yellow Sparx Gems: 1235
#1703 Posted: 05:28:40 17/08/2012
Just because you don't play pvp doesn't mean crystaleer is bad at it. Crystaleer is still good. The gold crystals on him look weird anyway
---
well guys..... took me a while.... but i might still hang around.... dont know..... but.... I loved the moment while it lasted smilie
Storm Green Sparx Gems: 187
#1704 Posted: 05:56:49 17/08/2012
Neither do the bright green crystals. I prefer the gold over the green honestly, but I like his original colour crystals best. I don't have Prism Break though.
---
Twists of Fury!
#1705 Posted: 13:29:18 17/08/2012
But did I make the right choice for Boomer and Voodood?
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#1706 Posted: 13:33:00 17/08/2012
Quote: greenlinkinmuse
Alright, I just got the 3-pack with Prism Break, Boomer & Voodood. For Prism Break I'm planning to go with Prismancer simply because I don't play PvP, I want to use Demolition Troll on Boomer, and I will go with Marauder for Voodood. Tell me if I'm making a mistake or if I chose the right paths.

--
Skylanders: smilie :th smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie :vd:

Crystaleer isn't as smooth in Story while dealing better damage numbers- you WILL need to break Shards with Eruption, so you can choose between something more powerful but somewhat more annoying or something that's just more convinent. Actually, I think that Prismancer might deal around the same in Story... I never tried it, so... But Crystaleer is definetly more versatile uncontested.

Boomer and Voodood are the right choices. Voodood is arguably better in Story than Stealth, down Marauder, you barely even have to tap the button, and both combos as well as the Tripwires can actually be very, very useful in many situations. Boomer is an all-around solid character that cleans well.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:35:33 17/08/2012 by Nibelilt
Drobotdude Blue Sparx Gems: 622
#1707 Posted: 13:41:50 17/08/2012
You are definitely right! smilie
---
Blink and Destroy!
#1708 Posted: 22:29:22 17/08/2012
But did I make the right choice for Boomer and Voodood?

Yup. Yes you did.
---
well guys..... took me a while.... but i might still hang around.... dont know..... but.... I loved the moment while it lasted smilie
#1709 Posted: 02:21:38 18/08/2012
I decided to reset Prism Break to do Crystaleer. Besides, the yellow crystals were annoying. I see why it's better now; all Prismancer does is power up the attacks, which aren't that great to begin with.
Natfire Gold Sparx Gems: 2192
#1710 Posted: 10:22:06 18/08/2012
What are the best paths for smilie smilie smilie smilie and smilie for PVE?
#1711 Posted: 15:22:05 18/08/2012
smilie: Slime Serpent
smilie: Marksman
smilie: Pookblade Saint
smilie: Medea Griffin
smilie: Either one is good for him. In my opinion, I would choose GBM although I have give up the armor.
---
Blink and Destroy!
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:42:40 18/08/2012 by Drobotdude
#1712 Posted: 18:15:21 18/08/2012
^what he said
---
#1713 Posted: 03:28:34 19/08/2012
For every week past now, I'm going to review each character one by one. Please note the second update may take a bit longer as I haven't actually played through with Double Trouble.

First up, I'm going to review Dark Spyro because he does have a different moveset on the 3DS. Spyro gets his own review- but later this week, not next week.

ALL of the console-specific reviews are tested on the Wii with all Heroics done and are for PVP only.

Dark Spyro smilie
Element: Magic
Preferred Path: Sheep Burner is easier to master and does around the same damage, but the added stun and Ibex on the Charge is amazing... Though very situational as it's annoying to control and the stun doesn't always click. If you are willing to put time into mastering him, Blitz Spyro is a more damaging path, but Sheep Burner has more coverage.

Sheep Burner
The Spyros are a very underrated bunch that can actually deal quite nice damage and are nimble and easy to master. You will rarely use his standard Triple Flameball, as the Daybringer Flame loads up at a decent speed, and deals 30 damage, while being able to hit basically anywhere since it has a long and clear flame of damage as well as exploding to hit behind barriers. A good player can rack up very quick damage with these. The Flame Shield is pretty much useless, but might save you from a stray Bullet from Trigger Happy... Not that it will help much, but a little known fact is that it does deflect ranged attacks. Spyro's Ground Pound is slow but does okay damage for the tradeoff. I only noted it because it gives you a close-range attack.
It's not all good for Spyro, though. Down Sheep Burner, his Horn Charge is useless. Pretty much any Meleeist other than Chop Chop and to an extent Warnado can beat him easily because Daybringer is too slow to deal with them and Ground Pound isn't good enough for serious usage. Other Ranger characters might also be able to beat him, though thankfully, most are in higher tiers anyway(Zook, Drobot, etc.).
So what is Spyro used for? Well, he is the jack of all trades. He doesn't counter much specifically but neither does he lose to anything for sure but Meleeists. He pulverises anything in lower tiers and he's fast enough he may just be able to escape from a few of his weaknesses anyway. A rare trait is that he's also balanced enough to be able to beat most of the Tech Element, his weakness, if you are amazing using him. Essentially, he's a surprise box, it could be a challenge using him, or a cakewalk.

Blitz Spyro
Very, very situational, but also fairly strong. Blitz is probably worse than Sheep Burner overall, but if you handle him right, he could be devestating. Down this path, all charge attacks stun (but it seems to be glitched sometimes) and you get extra damage- up to 42- for holding down your Charge long enough. Sadly though after the extra damage it becomes impossible to control Spyro- in fact, it's difficult to set it up at all. Also, Spyro's Ground Pound becomes an annoyance down this path as losing the ability to Charge straight out from Flight is huge. Avoid that and he becomes far better. The standard Flameball actually loses only 10 damage, but it's too short in range to be useful at all.
If Blitz Spyro becomes trapped somehow, he loses. Meleeists beat him because he needs some range to deal the real damage with Ibex's Wrath. Zook, Ignitor and Vine Virtuoso Camo are examples of Rangers that can all beat him... Anything fighting Blitz Spyro does need to be wary of stun. Cynder and Fear Eater Ghost Roaster would be viable counters but are Elementally weak to him. Terrafin may be able to win if you're good at burrowing with him.
Blitz counters little in particular but the stun is pretty good. If only the standard Charge were replaced with the Ibex's Wrath upgrade... Then he would probably rocket straight to the A-Tier. All his other attacks are too weak.

3DS (Dark)
Oh my, Dark Spyro really shines here. His first attack becomes a Melee attack that deals good damage. The secondary attack is an electrical magic ball. At Level 10 you can CHARGE HIS LAZOR by holding down the secondary attack, and it leaves a deadly electric trail while charging fairly fast! The electic balls (stop laughing) also leave small electric fields which damage. Stepping in electric areas left by the "LAZOR" and the secondary attack raise Speed greatly. Dark Spyro is also a gliding character, which helps even more. Dark Spyro seriously may just be the best character on this version of the game, except for perhaps Boomer. And you don't even need to buy him separately since he comes with the game. A great addition to any arsenal, there is no better choice in Magic.
#1714 Posted: 05:50:25 19/08/2012
I see why dark spyro is good on 3DS since he does come with it. Oh ya guys I got new skylanders today so to review about the paths to make sure (pvp)
Drobot: master blaster
Flameslinger: pyromancer
Stump smash: nut crafter
Sunburn: flame lord
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:51:57 19/08/2012 by Stealthelfrocks
#1715 Posted: 10:28:38 19/08/2012
I'm finally going to try out Eruptor on the Wii. I'm stoked to see his instant volcanoes.
Bean Sprout Blue Sparx Gems: 893
#1716 Posted: 15:36:17 19/08/2012
Good idea.
---
"No, John. It is pretty weird that ghosts have to pee."
Sunburn 21 Green Sparx Gems: 214
#1717 Posted: 00:20:03 20/08/2012
Either is great but i like siren griffen
#1718 Posted: 00:31:34 20/08/2012
Quote: Stealthelfrocks
I see why dark spyro is good on 3DS since he does come with it. Oh ya guys I got new skylanders today so to review about the paths to make sure (pvp)

Flameslinger belongs on the marksman path for both pve and pvp
---
Blink and Destroy!
#1719 Posted: 00:48:36 20/08/2012
I like the pyromancer path because of the field affects. Marksman goes into a large pile of projectilers that outclass him.
---
Shadow123 Green Sparx Gems: 122
#1720 Posted: 01:40:36 20/08/2012
I say for Ignitor his best path is blade master he gets combos his armour helps with the close range fight I can do 1 to 2 hit kos on minions.. For Slambam By far the blizzard brawler you get extra armour combos and it dose TONS of dammage. For Warnando I would have to say the tornado path it is really good for killing enemies quickly and can deal out dammage. For camo I kind of like the water melon path. Spyro the horns PWNE all. Lighting rod I would like the zapper sheilds cause it is much more defences plus your speacial dose more for you. Cynder I have to admit the lightning path it is a BEAST the shadow dash away and the electric them is epic!! For zook is the is the artillaryman I love it`s offensive dammage to finsh stuff up quick!
#1721 Posted: 02:39:35 20/08/2012
Ignitor belongs on the SotF path. Blade master just takes him to a field of melee characters that just outclass him. Spyro belongs on the Sheep Burner path. There are very few wide open areas that Spyro can use his Ibex horns.
P.S. Are you talking about on the Wii or PS360?
---
Blink and Destroy!
#1722 Posted: 02:41:15 20/08/2012
I second SotF. It can do insane damage, and it has a long range. Blademaster's sword slashes miss half of the time, anyways.
---
#1723 Posted: 15:20:38 20/08/2012
Ignitor is beast with SotF. Blademaster may appear cool, but it underwhelms. All it does is power up his already half-mediocre sword attack, while SotF can practically kill all in one shot.

And yes, if you didn't pick Pookblade Saint for Stealth Elf, reset her now.
#1724 Posted: 17:52:08 20/08/2012
Ignitor is beast with SotF. Blademaster may appear cool, but it underwhelms. All it does is power up his already half-mediocre sword attack, while SotF can practically kill all in one shot.

And yes, if you didn't pick Pookblade Saint for Stealth Elf, reset her now.

Mm, I beg to differ. The scarecrow path was actually fairly good once fully upgraded.
You think you've got her cornered and you whail on her only to reveal it was a decoy and now you have three-spinning scarecrows dealing a constant damage of 13. The exploding thing is fairly useless in PVP though. You're not gonna stick around for them to explode.
---
Sunburn 21 Green Sparx Gems: 214
#1725 Posted: 21:14:16 21/08/2012
Sheep Burner
Maruder
Channeler
Ultimate Spinner
Clobber Troll
Master Blaster
Golden Moneybags
Megadozer
Granite Dragon
Brawler
Grand Master Boomerang
Crystaleer
Blademaster
Marksman
Magmantor
Flame Lord
Fear Eater
Bone Crafter
Vampiric Warrior
Nether Welder
Pook Blade Saint
Nut Crafter
Floral Defender
Melon Master
Siren Griffen or Medea Griffen
Tempest Dragon
Typhoon Titan
Wind Master
Water Weaver
Tesla Dragon
Blizzard Brawler
Captian Crustacean
#1726 Posted: 22:57:29 21/08/2012
Quote: Drobotdude
Quote: Stealthelfrocks

Flameslinger belongs on the marksman path for both pve and pvp

actually pyromancer is better on pvp.
---
#1727 Posted: 23:28:47 21/08/2012
I beg to differ
---
Blink and Destroy!
#1728 Posted: 02:39:21 22/08/2012
can some one else explain about it im not good for explanations
---
#1729 Posted: 03:28:58 22/08/2012
Marksman, like all other projectilers not named Drobot, is inferior to, well, drobot. Drobot will always regin supreme when it comes to shooting stuff. Pyromancer, however, has unique field effects that can be used to your advantage.
---
#1730 Posted: 04:57:03 22/08/2012
But the flame wall takes to long to set up. That path upgrades that attack.
---
Blink and Destroy!
#1731 Posted: 06:40:05 22/08/2012
dont all paths upgrade an attack?
---
#1732 Posted: 11:52:12 22/08/2012
Ultimate Rainbower Whirlwind sucks. The Double Rainbow would be very effective, each hitting for 22 damage, but it's spread WAY too far for both to hit the enemy yet neither does it work as crowd control. Rainbow Singularity is a good attack but way too slow for the payoff. Clouds are still better than Rainbows even down the path designed for them.
#1733 Posted: 13:01:59 22/08/2012
Quote: Drobotdude
But the flame wall takes to long to set up. That path upgrades that attack.

Really, the flame column only gets one upgrade. All i am saying is that the field attacks (leaving patches of fire with each arrow, etc.) are unique. In a world that contains Drobot, a projectiler needs something unique.
---
#1734 Posted: 13:19:45 22/08/2012
True. But do you still remember that I am talking about pve?
---
Blink and Destroy!
joerox123 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1992
#1735 Posted: 13:52:21 22/08/2012
My first review!

Flameslinger:

Prefered Path:
Pyromancer.

Pyromancer
Pros:
Fast
Damaging
Powerful
Cons:
Hard to build up
Requires control
Doesn't always click together

Marksman:
Pros:
Fast
Strong
Decent range
Cons:
Hard to hit all three arrows
Napalm does nothing
The flame arrow takes a long while to build up.

So all in all Pyromancer is Batter.
---
the road is long, we carry on
try to have fun in the meantimeā˜ 
#1736 Posted: 14:11:25 22/08/2012
In PVE you can run around enemies and if they get damaged within the Supernova (very easy to do) they take a whopping 55 damage plus the flame circle continues to surround them. Rain Of Arrows is still very effective at leaving behind damage spots and for crowd control. Arrows are actually still a decent first attack and you can actually beat enemies while you stand in place with by charging them up to leave flames behind, not even stepping.

... But I haven't tried Marksman...
I think we can all conclude Flameslinger is the most fun to play Fire character, though. smilie
#1737 Posted: 14:27:25 22/08/2012
True Dat! And Drobot is the best and most fun Tech elemental to play with.
---
Blink and Destroy!
#1738 Posted: 21:46:58 22/08/2012
in pve marksman, in pvp pyromancer is as easy as that
---
#1739 Posted: 21:51:15 22/08/2012
Right.
---
Blink and Destroy!
#1740 Posted: 06:34:53 24/08/2012
So Brawler Terrafin- I know people will say that Sandhog is superior, but how do the punches roll with the digging? Can he still stay underground long enough for them to work well in tandem?
#1741 Posted: 12:09:39 24/08/2012
Um yeah about your ignitor I say the sword path is much more useful and easy to control. Also I got about 1 or 2 hit kills with it also flameslinger in the pyromancer path is epic I can kill marksmen really easy.
#1742 Posted: 12:12:46 24/08/2012
Hm lets us see here blademaster can kill this in one shot can deal quite heavy dammage and really decent combos also he is much better through what i saw with a battle with my friend.
Rich246 Green Sparx Gems: 243
#1743 Posted: 18:35:15 24/08/2012
I know this thread is filled with all the recomended paths, but is there a definitive list, without having to search 35 pages, maybe adding the info to the Wiki would help?
---
I own:
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#1744 Posted: 01:09:13 25/08/2012
I would suggest this as well, but with less of a "this path is better," theme, more so details about usage, damage output, and fun.
---
#1745 Posted: 01:19:53 25/08/2012
Quote: Nibelilt
So Brawler Terrafin- I know people will say that Sandhog is superior, but how do the punches roll with the digging? Can he still stay underground long enough for them to work well in tandem?

what do you mean by this? you cant punch while your underground. you can bring out the homing mini terrafins while underground. but thats about it
---
Rich246 Green Sparx Gems: 243
#1746 Posted: 01:22:14 25/08/2012
Quote: Esunmar
I would suggest this as well, but with less of a "this path is better," theme, more so details about usage, damage output, and fun.

Yes, it would be a lot better for people to make a choice for their needs.
---
I own:
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#1747 Posted: 17:21:10 25/08/2012
Ok I tried the path for ignitor and it is okay it defintely can land the bad point is the fact your armour is left behind. But I gotta say you are right (I play the wii) in pvp it is much better espacilly sinse it is far range and attack foes from a distants.
#1748 Posted: 18:23:49 25/08/2012
The armor is a soul gem ability. Both paths have it.
---
#1749 Posted: 00:34:13 26/08/2012
^ yes what he said
---
noco99 Blue Sparx Gems: 787
#1750 Posted: 01:09:57 26/08/2012
Ok, I just have 1 thing to say, and here goes: CHOOSE SOUL OF THE FLAME OF IGNITOR BEFORE MY HEAD EXPLODES!! WHO DOESN'T WANT A QUICK FIERY BALL OF DEATH AND DESTRUCTION AT THEIR COMMAND FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!
---
How is Fun Size candy more fun than regular candy if it's less candy?
Write in my Gb or Pm me if you like Minecraft!
First | Previous | Page 35 of 39 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me