First | Previous | Page 32 of 39 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 37 38 39
Upgrade Paths Recommendation Thread [STICKY]
Madhouse1 Green Sparx Gems: 450
#1551 Posted: 02:15:35 29/07/2012
Quote: Blazefiredragon
What's the best path for Sunburn, Cynder and Zap? As I'm having doubts about which path I should have gone for. I took Sunburn down Blaze Dragon, Cynder down Nether Welder and Zap down Tesla Dragon.

Cynder path is fine unless you are on wii then you should deffenitly change
It. Zap is more fun on slime serpant. Sunburn should be changed to flame lord

Quote: Blazefiredragon
Okay thanks. By the way, what the best path for Wham-shell and Lightning Rod as we might be getting them soon?

wham shell go captain crustacean. Lightning rod I web with typhoon titan but lightning lord is better
---
Right now I'm willing to battle people on Super Smash Bros Brawl
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#1552 Posted: 02:24:32 29/07/2012 | Topic Creator
On the Wii Nether Welder isn't that bad. I have her on that and she's one of my most powerful (on the Wii) in PvE. I haven't tried Shadowdancer but still, she's not horrible either way.
---
but i love it all smooth
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#1553 Posted: 02:26:55 29/07/2012
WiiWelder is only decent IMO. Shadow Dash becomes useless unless you get cornered a lot and the difference in Spectral Lightning isn't that big. Still, among the list of nerfed characters, she's certainly the best(other than Stealth who just loses some of her Acrobatics height).
Stealthelfrocks Yellow Sparx Gems: 1235
#1554 Posted: 03:53:37 29/07/2012
actually i dont think cynder is nerfed. she is still good on either path on whatever system
---
well guys..... took me a while.... but i might still hang around.... dont know..... but.... I loved the moment while it lasted smilie
#1555 Posted: 04:05:22 29/07/2012
Nerfed: Less power.

Even Stealth Elf has less- her acrobatic move goes less far and less high on Wii.
#1556 Posted: 04:15:25 29/07/2012
i dont see a difference, do you have her
---
well guys..... took me a while.... but i might still hang around.... dont know..... but.... I loved the moment while it lasted smilie
#1557 Posted: 04:20:37 29/07/2012
Wii version: Less range for lightning down Nether Welder but ghosts slow down on Shadow Dancer.
Other versions(except 3DS): Increased range for lightning down Nether Welder but ghosts don't slow down on Shadow Dancer.
Blazefiredragon Blue Sparx Gems: 542
#1558 Posted: 14:30:28 29/07/2012
Thanks to everyone for their suggestions. What are the best paths for Slam Bam and Whirlwind?
---
Skyland's resident gaming dragon~
noco99 Blue Sparx Gems: 787
#1559 Posted: 15:08:33 29/07/2012
For smilie and smilie, go with Tempest Dragon and Blizzard Brawler, you'll see why when you choose them. And what path should I choose for smilie?
I got him as a b-day present, and I'm curious. I chose Captain Crustation, but is the star one good?
---
How is Fun Size candy more fun than regular candy if it's less candy?
Write in my Gb or Pm me if you like Minecraft!
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:15:57 29/07/2012 by noco99
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#1560 Posted: 16:29:23 29/07/2012
The star one is definitely not good.
#1561 Posted: 00:11:27 30/07/2012
Slam bam, blizzard brawler, whirl wind, tempest dragon.

Good job selecting captain crustacean for wham shell because he is the top water element with it
---
Bean Sprout Blue Sparx Gems: 893
#1562 Posted: 00:59:49 30/07/2012
I agree on captain crustacean. The starfish never really get powerful, and the posiedon strike is deadly.
---
"No, John. It is pretty weird that ghosts have to pee."
#1563 Posted: 01:31:29 30/07/2012
Yea, I love the Poseidon Strike, it's awesome. He's now my Water type of choice.
---
#1564 Posted: 02:04:13 30/07/2012
Yea. He is definitely worth the huge wait for him to get in stores.
---
#1565 Posted: 05:14:09 30/07/2012
even though i dont even have him
---
Maddoggy Green Sparx Gems: 293
#1566 Posted: 08:05:48 30/07/2012
Best path for camo
I'm thinking melon master
---
My top 5 I own in no particular order. smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
pigman50 Green Sparx Gems: 294
#1567 Posted: 08:19:53 30/07/2012
I would recommend Melon Master for your Camo, although the Vine Virtuoso path is also good. If you want a powerful, close range attack, choose Melon Master. If you want an effective long range attack, go for Vine Virtuoso.
---
AoSTH quote of the week:
Quote: Sonic (At Robotnik)
Well this is a switch! A whale carrying a harpoon!

#1568 Posted: 10:51:11 30/07/2012
either path camo is good. i prefer vine virtuoso
---
#1569 Posted: 11:29:44 30/07/2012
Vine Virtuoso is more balanced but otherwise both are equally good.
jomkon Green Sparx Gems: 116
#1570 Posted: 11:38:26 30/07/2012
how do you get skylander emoticons
---
LewisJBrooke
#1571 Posted: 11:39:34 30/07/2012
[User Posted Image]
---
LewisJBrooke
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:42:44 30/07/2012 by jomkon
#1572 Posted: 11:46:16 30/07/2012
for smilie either path is good
---
LewisJBrooke
#1573 Posted: 11:51:16 30/07/2012
I have

smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
---
LewisJBrooke
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 11:54:28 30/07/2012 by jomkon
#1574 Posted: 12:14:44 30/07/2012
you know you cant double post, thats what the edit button is for
---
#1575 Posted: 01:52:32 31/07/2012
Soo, Boomer. I hardly hear anything about him. I request not only a path recommendation, but an in-depth analysis on both paths. Anyone up to it? smilie
#1576 Posted: 02:04:17 31/07/2012
i am not good with in depth, i like to keep it simple
---
#1577 Posted: 02:32:25 31/07/2012
Boomer... ahh, lets see...

Boomer is an odd fellow. He is pretty capable competitively, but focuses on short batttles rather than long, drawn out duels. He attacks by throwing explosive dynamite, slamming the ground to knock enemies back, and leaving behind a troll bomb to use as a mine.

Path one - Demolition Troll. ( Look at the upgrades on this website.) This path is definitely superior. The dynamite gets stronger as well as gets a MIRV-type upgrade, whcih can cover a large area. This is good for Boomers quick battle style, as he can spam the dynamite without having to aim as much. The other upgrades, the ones to the troll bombs, are awesome. They get a damage boost to a whopping 40! This may not seem like much, but if you combine it with the other upgrade that allows you tto have SIX troll bombs planted at once, he can become a powerhouse. Honestly, I find myself
completely forgetting about the second attack.

Path two - Clobber troll. I don't know much about this path, as i did not choose it, but i can see we it is inferior. The slam just doesn't seem like it can work as an attack to base a whole character off of. The stunning ability is nice, but the troll bomb and dynamite power of Demolition troll will come out on top. The last upgrade, the one where you charge your slam, seems just as useless as most other charge moves.

On another note, I got camo today. I know the paths are about equal, but which one do you prefer? Maybe I can save time and effort because i dont have to reset if I didn't really like a path. I am leaning towards MM, as it seems more my style. What do you guys think? Thanks.
---
#1578 Posted: 03:04:07 31/07/2012
I decided to go Demolition anyway after reading reviews. I was keeping in mind the added stun but otherwise Clobber sounds hideous! x_x They really should have given Trigger and Boomer extra HP, do they even test the characters? smilie

Vine Virtuoso, if I had to pick, would be my choice. Not that pure offensive is good, but Camo already has enough HP PLUS HP regeneration and the vines become a powerful long-range attack, something Melon Master lacks(it's pretty much mid-range). Melon Master has a lot of things going well, but defense really isn't that important and the extra range on Vine Virtuoso is the real seller against it.
#1579 Posted: 03:09:48 31/07/2012
Clobber is pretty hideous.

Thanks for the input. Although I was leaning toward MM I'll go with VV. I won't do his heroics until I test him out on my friend when he comes over. Then, if it isn't my thing, I will reset. Thanks again.
---
#1580 Posted: 05:09:58 31/07/2012
When testing a character, it is always a good idea to finish the Speed Heroics. There are only 5, they are extremely easy to finish, and they can make or break a character. Ghost Roaster is a good example of a character that becomes much better with them.
#1581 Posted: 05:23:27 31/07/2012
That is true. For camo, it will be easy due to his sunburst, but the difficulty of Drobot's challenge depends on the character. A fully upgraded Eruptor has no attacks that don't have a risk of hitting an undesired purple chompie. But I get what you are saying.
---
#1582 Posted: 08:33:28 31/07/2012
go vv. but if you think melon master is more your style then i would say go for it. but i still like vine virtuoso
---
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#1583 Posted: 09:18:02 31/07/2012 | Topic Creator
I like MM, but that's only because I just can't use his vines well. They never go where I want them to so I don't use them much. Plus I like the whole watermelon shield thing and how each does 60 damage.
I just personally find it more fun.
---
but i love it all smooth
#1584 Posted: 09:29:41 31/07/2012
Went down Demolition, it's cool. Slam is currently useless like everyone said smilie
#1585 Posted: 18:11:11 31/07/2012
I am at my dad's house right now, and he does not have Skylanders at his house, so I can't test Camo anymore until tomorrow. I thought about it, and I may reset Camo as it seems more my style. Thank you all for your comments.
---
#1586 Posted: 00:39:45 01/08/2012
your very welcome
---
Whammy Green Sparx Gems: 336
#1587 Posted: 02:26:23 01/08/2012
What is the best path for Zook(PvP)?
#1588 Posted: 02:34:59 01/08/2012
Floral Defender is fantastic. The Mortar of life with the MIRV mortar plants attacking cacti all over the arena. The Bazooka shots and Mortar damage itself is also good, making Zook nearly untouchable while still a damage dealing powerhouse. The other path mostly upgrades the shrapnel, which isn't very good considering that you are fighting one enemy.
---
#1589 Posted: 05:44:05 01/08/2012
^what he says. you get damaging barriers and grow cacti all over the place and if the opponent isnt careful they will hit the cacti
---
Esunmar Green Sparx Gems: 452
#1590 Posted: 12:52:01 01/08/2012
I'd recommend Prismancer for Prism Break... I thought the crystal path would be better (as I was upgrading him on Prismancer), but once he got his soul gem... He's my favorite Earth and one of my overall favorites.

Voodood - Elementalist. It's a little pesky to work with tripwires, but I find they can be useful close-rang as well. And the ability to hurt all enemies nearby... Never get tired of that. There's one upgrade that hurts others (close to you) when they hurt you. I suppose it's useful. Hardly ever notice it, though. He usually kills everyone before they hurt him.

Hex - Bone Crafter. She became my favorite Skylander once I discovered her shield.

Sonic Boom - Medea Griffin. The sonic booms are already fantastic and the babies are phenomenal. They hurt enemies during cut scenes!

Ignitor - Never tried the sword path, but I recently discovered you can shoot all three flames at enemies close to you, and that does about 150 damage (no crit, all three), and now I love him even more.

Stealth Elf - I had her on the scarecrow path because I was more interested in that. At first, meh. THen I got the scarecrows that spin with their axes (continuously doing 13 damage till they explode doing even more damage), and it's great (maybe more fun), but her blade path is definitely stronger. Only Skylander whose combos interest me.
--I would set off her scarecrows to damage enemies at one side and then go attack enemies at another.
---
Life has given me a voracious hunger and all you give me is candy.
So I'm leaving with my legs and my youth even if jealousy kills you.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 12:54:56 01/08/2012 by Esunmar
#1591 Posted: 16:52:11 01/08/2012
Esunmar, I see that you are talking about PvE. The recommendations for Crystaleer and Marauder were mainly talking about PvP, just to let you know.
---
#1592 Posted: 05:25:47 02/08/2012
This Is the question that will end it all!

Tashiji levanjess maddoggy and everyone on the first page

What is the best path for wait for it....

All the skylanders!!!
Edit: I guess everyone can have a shot if their up to it. End of edit
Especially smilie
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 08:51:50 02/08/2012 by Maddoggy
#1593 Posted: 07:12:35 02/08/2012
I wish I could answer that
---
#1594 Posted: 09:43:38 02/08/2012
I haven't played all characters or paths on the console, but I'll give it a shot.

smilie & Variants - Both paths are great. Sheep Burner is less situational, but does less damage than Blitz, whereas Blitz is more situational as the charge requires straight aim, but is just much more strong.
smilie - Total Tongue is useless in PVP and mediocre in Story. Ultimate Spinner is strong but difficult to control. Ultimate Spinner is better overall, at least it's powerful...
smilie - I haven't played both paths but Marauder is GODLY.
smilie & Legendary - Granite Dragon gives insane power in both modes with a simple swipe doing 80 damage. I haven't played Pulver but it would probably be less useful.
smilie - I've only played Crystaleer but it seems to be the right choice. I hardly ever use the lasers on their own.
smilie - I haven't tried Earthen Avenger but Grand Boomerang Master is DEFINETLY S-Tier.
smilie - Sandhog practically grants you perma-invincibility that also damages. Brawler is probably still solid though.
smilie - Glacier Yeti is good for Story but useless in PVP. Blizzard Brawler is solid in both modes.
smilie - Only tried Tesla Dragon and it's below average.
smilie - Harpooner is poor because both Jetpack and Water Hose become useless while the harpoon itself does little damage. Water Weaver is infinitely better, being able to damage with all his attacks while being a fun and solid, highly underrated fighter.
smilie - Haven't tried Commander Crab but Captain Crustacean is a solid and quick melee fighter.
smilie - Didn't even CONSIDER Blademaster as I always saw Flame Soul as the premier attack...
smilie - Blaze Dragon is mediocre in both modes.
smilie - I went with Pyromancer only, but I'm guessing they'd be equal.
smilie - Demolition Troll turns him into a great hurler.
smilie - Master Blaster is boringly powerful. Broken. I want to switch to Clockwork.
smilie & Legendary - Golden Frenzy is a bad version of Drobot. Golden Money Bags is a powerful glass canon.
smilie - Bone Crafter is great in Story but mediocre in PVP. I haven't tried Shade Master.
smilie - It's been settled that Nether Welder is better on PSC360 and Shadowdancer on Wii.
smilie & Legendary - Both paths are awfully frail and weak. Vampiric Warrior, you may as well give him something that can damage at all.
smilie - Skull Master is completely superior for PSC360 and both versions of Story, but Fear Eater is SO much better in PVP on Wii.
smilie - Only tried Tempest.
smilie - Medea. The roar is strong enough, and Siren doesn't give any good boosts in the PVP department.
smilie - Eye of The Storm. No contest.
smilie - I've only tried Lightning Lord. He has solid long range attacks down it.
smilie - Vine Virtuoso is more balanced and powerful overall and gives him the long-range attack Melon Master lacks.
smilie - Nut Crafter is the only one I've tried but at least he's not another Life melee down it.
smilie - Haven't tried Artilleryman and I don't want to, Floral Defender is simply... Epic.
smilie - I haven't tried Forest Ninja but down Pook Blade Saint she becomes the single most broken meleeist in the game.
#1595 Posted: 10:07:00 02/08/2012
And these are for pvp?

Im looking for pvp FYI!
---
#1596 Posted: 10:40:26 02/08/2012
she described them for both pvp and pve. and i agree with all of them, im trying stealth elf on forest ninja right now because i hear some stuff about them. might comment about it
---
#1597 Posted: 15:50:34 02/08/2012
OK, I think I am keeping vine virtuoso. I made the comments about switching before I got the last two upgrades, and I can see that it is a great attack that has much better range than melon master.
---
reshiramflame Green Sparx Gems: 200
#1598 Posted: 20:44:28 02/08/2012
Recommendations on all my Skylanders, note that this is all based on Wii, will try to keep this updated with new Skylanders:

Spyro: Haven't really tried Sheep Burner, but I like Blitz Spyro. The charging and stunning is awesome.

Trigger Happy: Using Golden Money Bags might seem like a bad idea, considering TH is based around the bullets, but it does WAY more damage and if they come at you, you're dead. And Golden Yamato Blast is extremely overrated.

Gill Grunt: Like everybody else has said, use Water Weaver. It gives you an amazing getaway move and the harpoons are still solid damage.

Stealth Elf: Pook Blade Saint, for the reasons everybody else has said.

Ignitor: Soul of the Flame is so strong and so much fun.

Chop Chop: He sucks either way, but Vampiric Warrior at least lets him do damage.

Hex: Use Bone Crafter. The raining skulls become really strong, and the bone wall becomes amazing against melee attackers.

Dino-Rang: Grand Boomerang Master. OMG that thing is epic, you can kill keep-away characters with the guided boomerangs, annihilate everything with 22 damage boomerangs (I am really bad at aiming the Boomerang Shield), and beat melee attackers with Stonefist Traps.

Terrafin: Sandhog is godly. Only real counter is Zook. The ability to be invincible while dealing damage is incredible.

Eruptor: Volcanor. The instant eruption is really nice and ridiculously strong, and Magmantor pales in comparison to Demoliton Troll Boomer.

Drill Sergeant: Whatever the charge path is. I tried the rocket path and didn't really like it, but you become effectively invincible when you're charging and with that armor upgrade from the Soul Gem.

Bash: Granite Dragon. It's a walking tank with that HP and Armor, and the Gaia Hammer is ridiculously strong. And I mean ridiculously strong, 240 damage. I haven't really tried Pulver Dragon, but I doubt it would compare.

Zook: Floral Defender. Annihilates melee not named Ignitor, and the MIRV Mortar becomes a devastating attack. You also get Cacti with it, which are absolutely insanely incredible. Bazooka is good enough at 23 damage, with 9 from Shrapnel.

Ghost Roaster: Fear Eater. The Skull can only attack once on Wii, so it sucks. Fear Eater allows you to become invincible.

Sonic Boom: Use Medea Griffin. Those babies only do 9 damage, but they attack really fast and you don't even need to be close to the opponent. The roar is good enough at 39 damage.

Voodood: Marauder. The axe does 42 damage per hit, even though it's only reasonably fast. Zipline Axe lets you murder ranged attackers not named Drobot, and the reflecting tripwire lets you act for about 5-7 seconds. I have mastered the Zipline Axe.

Slam Bam: Blizzard Brawler. I have tried both, and please don't use Glacier Yeti. The opponent only needs to shake reasonably to escape before the Ice Prison does damage. Blizzard Brawler + Santa Hat gives you ridiculous armor, and 38/76 damage for combo is really nice for the speed he attacks at.

Sunburn: Flame Lord. The opponent has a 1/4 chance of hitting you, and the flame streaks do really nice damage, 24 a couple times if they are in it. Blaze Dragon pales in comparison, due to the fact that even though 30 damage per tick is really strong, how will you reach that when it stops when you're attacked?

Double Trouble: Channeler. You will not regret it. Once you lock on, it's essentially a murder beam. You can also punish melee attackers with 3 Magic Bombs.

Whirlwind: Tempest Dragon. The electricity chain is devastating. I usually just fly around the field spamming the clouds, turning the field into a electric grid.

Stump Smash: Use Nut Crafter. Stump Smash is overall mediocre, but Nut Crafter gives him something unique to do. The Meganut Propagation is really useful.

Boomer: Demolition Troll. If you spam bombs and dynamite at the same time, it causes tons and tons of damage, and turns you into an excellent melee counter.

Drobot: Master Blaster. It does amazing damage, and you can just hold A while moving around annihilating everything.

Wrecking Ball: Ultimate Spinner. Total Tongue is useless in PvP, as the damage is so miniscule in a field of such strong attackers. Might be me, but I simply can't beat WB with GBM D-Rang.

Flameslinger: Either path is good. I personally chose Pyromancer for the Napalm Arrows and the Supernova.
#1599 Posted: 23:03:25 02/08/2012
about ghost roaster, he doesnt become invincible because he still gets damage
---
#1600 Posted: 02:21:31 03/08/2012
1600th post! smilie

Anyways, I'm curious, does smilie's Commander Crab path have any redeeming value to it? It seems cool, considering the heat-seeking stars, latching stars, and triple stars. Is it even worth trying?
---
First | Previous | Page 32 of 39 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 37 38 39

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me