First | Previous | Page 21 of 39 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 37 38 39
Upgrade Paths Recommendation Thread [STICKY]
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#1001 Posted: 16:57:14 21/05/2012
It's weak, but it's fun. I'm not saying better, but when you roll off the edge of the arena for the umpteenth time with the superior path, it starts to get rather annoying. At least Total Tongue is more stable, and more enjoyable. Enjoyable in much the same way Double Trouble's inferior Conjuror path is, but without the superior alternative being all that great itself. Regardless of how you pick for him, Wrecking Ball is going to be towards the bottom of the heap, so the difference between his two paths is more negligible than, say, Stealth Elf.
HexDisciple Green Sparx Gems: 249
#1002 Posted: 18:09:48 22/05/2012
...You don't know the half of it, Tashiji...at least for the last part.
---
Gotcha!
Cheeseman Green Sparx Gems: 462
#1003 Posted: 18:40:50 22/05/2012
Quote: HexDisciple
...You don't know the half of it, Tashiji...at least for the last part.

What do you mean?
---
Skylanders: All of them. Boom!
Ignitor101 Blue Sparx Gems: 719
#1004 Posted: 21:21:46 22/05/2012
i chose tesla dragon for Zap,should i reset him?
joerox123 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1992
#1005 Posted: 23:45:08 22/05/2012
^no..
---
the road is long, we carry on
try to have fun in the meantimeā˜ 
biohazard28 Green Sparx Gems: 105
#1006 Posted: 03:52:00 23/05/2012
Quote: Ignitor101
i chose tesla dragon for Zap,should i reset him?

Tesla is not bad. But his other path is more unique. So if ur bored of shooting projectiles, you should give it a try and reset him. He is not the best projectile character anyways. I hope my comment helps you.
---
Nothing cheaper, than something free.
#1007 Posted: 06:23:57 23/05/2012
Yep biohazard is right. He's not even as powerful as Marksman Flameslinger down Tesla, so he is horribly outclassed. Slime Serpent is great fun to use, and in PVP is surprisingly strong-not incredible, but better than you might think.
---
Zenfyre Red Sparx Gems: 86
#1008 Posted: 08:23:13 23/05/2012
Quote: Cheeseman
Yep biohazard is right. He's not even as powerful as Marksman Flameslinger down Tesla, so he is horribly outclassed. Slime Serpent is great fun to use, and in PVP is surprisingly strong-not incredible, but better than you might think.

You're very right. I've tried both paths and I'd like to say Slime Serpent seems like the better way to go. Zap's performance is still overshadowed by my other characters, but it is more fun and useful than the Tesla Dragon path my friend has. Also, I think the wave is a bit more useful with Slime Serpent too, seeing as you can use it to push enemies back onto the slime trails with it.
---
Skylander Collection: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:25:12 23/05/2012 by Zenfyre
Ignitor101 Blue Sparx Gems: 719
#1009 Posted: 11:52:58 23/05/2012
Thanks for the 4 comments above(quoting is hard on an iPod)and yeah I was bored of having another projectile character like drobot and trigger happy I'll go reset him now
voodude Blue Sparx Gems: 715
#1010 Posted: 17:17:06 23/05/2012
Quote: Tashiji
It's weak, but it's fun. I'm not saying better, but when you roll off the edge of the arena for the umpteenth time with the superior path, it starts to get rather annoying. At least Total Tongue is more stable, and more enjoyable. .

i find it frustrating. it simply requires too much tongue attacks for dealing serious damage. pressing A then A then A then A then A to kill something isn't fun to me
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieITALIAsmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#1011 Posted: 17:18:03 23/05/2012
Wrecking Ball in general is a hard character to want to play, I agree.
Deandria Green Sparx Gems: 304
#1012 Posted: 17:54:55 23/05/2012
I'm still trying to work out what to do with the Hex I've had for months now... I don't do a lot of pvp so the general advice is Shade Master but I can't shake the idea that I should be going for Bone Crafter...

I'm also struggling with Sunburn... It seems to me that most people prefer Blaze Dragon but doesn't one of the upgrades make him slow when using his flamethrower?

I don't do much pvp but I hope to get my husband interested in it at some point... oh and I'm pn the PS3 if that makes a difference. I've noticed more differences between the PS360 version and the Wii version than people have mentioned on here, imo Zap is a bit nerfed on the Wii and I've never seen anyone else mention it.
---
Own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Really Want: smilie smilie
#1013 Posted: 18:20:26 23/05/2012
Well, with Hex, Shade Master is definitely stronger in PVE. The problem is, she's kind of a Drobot clone--i.e., fire, fire, fire, and then pick up the pieces. Having played both, I must say she undeniably kills faster than Bone Crafter, but Bone Crafter is more versatile, and given that she uses more than just one attack, more fun and deep to play as well. The difference between the two isn't earth-shattering, but due to the simplicity of PVE, it really is better to just blast things to pieces than to attempt to strategize. I use Bonecrafter myself, but I do PVP, and I'm not so biased as to discount the advantage of Shade Master in speeding through the main campaign.

Sunburn is really made to be on the Flame Lord path. The upgraded flamethrower on Blaze Dragon slows you down to a crawl, is easily interrupted, and takes about the usual charge time to get worked up. Even when fully charged, it only does 30 a tick, without any of the panache or extra range/homing capabilities of Double Trouble's Eldritch Beam, which also doesn't slow you down. Blaze Dragon is kind of a poor man's Channeler DT, to be perfectly honest. Flame Lord, on the other hand, adds extra damage to all explosions caused by Sunburn, including both teleportation and Phoenix Dash. You'll also get a ton of contact damage from your teleports that Blaze Dragon lacks, as well as four teleport points to choose from. Your flamethrower only does 10 damage on this path, but you at least get to walk at normal speed when using it, which is more than can be said for Blaze Dragon. Flame Lord wins, hands down.
#1014 Posted: 18:48:02 23/05/2012
Quote: Deandria
I'm still trying to work out what to do with the Hex I've had for months now... I don't do a lot of pvp so the general advice is Shade Master but I can't shake the idea that I should be going for Bone Crafter...

I'm also struggling with Sunburn... It seems to me that most people prefer Blaze Dragon but doesn't one of the upgrades make him slow when using his flamethrower?

I don't do much pvp but I hope to get my husband interested in it at some point... oh and I'm pn the PS3 if that makes a difference. I've noticed more differences between the PS360 version and the Wii version than people have mentioned on here, imo Zap is a bit nerfed on the Wii and I've never seen anyone else mention it.

Really, people prefer Blaze Dragon? That's probably because they don't know how to control the teleport. Flame Lord is insanely strong. I've never tried Shade Master, but Bone Crafter is pretty damn good, pve and pvp.
---
Deandria Green Sparx Gems: 304
#1015 Posted: 19:14:07 23/05/2012
Thanks Tashiji, your opinion is one I really listen to when it comes to upgrade paths as I know you'll have tried each option. I was leaning towards those paths because it's always tempting top go for the "signature" path... but sometimes that's the dumb choice (Stealth Elf's Forest Ninja and Double Troubles Conjuror) so I just thought I'd check before I made the decision.

Thanks for the input too Cheeseman smilie I get that the orb attack is good but I don't get the hate for the rain of skulls... I'm not a huge fan of moves that need charging in general but the Skull Shield Soul Gem upgrade makes it more usable than most.
---
Own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Really Want: smilie smilie
Failinhearts Gold Sparx Gems: 2376
#1016 Posted: 19:43:10 23/05/2012
I like battledozer for drill seargent, it makes him really strong but thats just my opinion....
---
SSA: 37/37. SG: 61/62. SSF: 73/75 STT: 42/78
Have left this forum, who knows if I'll come back...
A believer of Jesus Christ
Stealth Elf 32 Green Sparx Gems: 176
#1017 Posted: 21:00:20 23/05/2012
Ultimate Spinner, cuz theres a BigBoom and a BigBoom Belch.
---
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! I posted! smilie My Other Site, although I rarely use it. I love Godsmack! Its a rock band.
Failinhearts Gold Sparx Gems: 2376
#1018 Posted: 22:16:55 23/05/2012
I like the mace path for smilie
---
SSA: 37/37. SG: 61/62. SSF: 73/75 STT: 42/78
Have left this forum, who knows if I'll come back...
A believer of Jesus Christ
joerox123 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1992
#1019 Posted: 22:59:28 23/05/2012
^ I agree. But learn to use the edit button.
---
the road is long, we carry on
try to have fun in the meantimeā˜ 
#1020 Posted: 06:41:01 24/05/2012
Quote: Deandria
Thanks Tashiji, your opinion is one I really listen to when it comes to upgrade paths as I know you'll have tried each option. I was leaning towards those paths because it's always tempting top go for the "signature" path... but sometimes that's the dumb choice (Stealth Elf's Forest Ninja and Double Troubles Conjuror) so I just thought I'd check before I made the decision.

Thanks for the input too Cheeseman smilie I get that the orb attack is good but I don't get the hate for the rain of skulls... I'm not a huge fan of moves that need charging in general but the Skull Shield Soul Gem upgrade makes it more usable than most.

Never knew people hated the rain of skulls attack. In my opinion, it is still too slow, but in pve it does do a lot of damage. The orbs are still strong, and the bone wall is far, far superior. I know that Shade Master does loads of damage, but if you want a character that can get you through levels fast, you may as well use Drobot or Stealth Elf. Bone Crafter is in general more fun in my opinion.
---
#1021 Posted: 18:58:33 24/05/2012
I've tried Shade Master,and I dunno if this is true, but it seemed the Orb fire rate was reduced(serious understatement there).
Was it me, my Wii, or for real?Cuz if it is the third, then Bone Crafter IS the way to go.
I mean, in Bone Crafter, you still fire two orbs, at a pretty good fire rate, dealing 16 damage provided both hit(very probable).
Plus, in Bone Crafter, to get to you, exclusively melee characters(like the sort of Stealth Elf, for the sake of example) will, to get to you, have to break the wall while risking to lose health in the process.In the meanwhile, you can use that time fraction to start charging Skull Rain.
Or, against the same kind of characters, cast a Wall, Orb them till the wall is broken, and repeat.
Both should(by this I mean MUST)be done in the Bone Crafter path.Hope it helped anyone in doubt.
---
Gotcha!
#1022 Posted: 19:03:54 24/05/2012
I've never noticed a reduced orb rate on Shade Master. They just go a lot further, and perhaps firing one a great distance without hitting anything is delaying the appearance of your second orb. Either way, Bone Crafter's orbs aren't nearly as potent. The increased distance is actually a big reason for why this is, in addition to the boosted damage. Hex is just a character where one path is not universally better, but overall, I do believe Bone Crafter offers a more complete package, even if she's a little slower in PVE.
Hazard335 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1435
#1023 Posted: 17:25:04 27/05/2012
hey Tashiji, could you post a quick list of all 32 of your choice paths for pvp ?
no need to do any explanations of why, i just want to compare to what i chose, as well as know your final dissensions now that we have had a while to really choose.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:47:50 28/05/2012 by Hazard335
noco99 Blue Sparx Gems: 787
#1024 Posted: 20:41:40 27/05/2012
Here are my path choices for my Skylanders:

Spyro: Both paths are good, not one of my favorites at all...
Double Trouble: If you don't go Channeler, you have issues. This guy have become one of my favorite and most powerful guys!
Voodood: Marauder is great for charging up to your foes and whooping their butt, while Elementalist is very strategic. Go for which mode you intend to use him for.
Wrecking Ball: Ultimate Spinner is awesome, although i don't like him very much...

Zap: He is good either way.
Gill Grunt: WATA WEAVA!!!
Slam Bam: Either path is great, although i choose Blizzard Brawler.

Drobot: Master Blaster is the best thing ever, it makes him one of the best PvP characters in the game.
Trigger Happy: I agree with Tashiji about his Money Bags path, as it is AWESOME!!!
Drill Sergeant: Either path is good.
Boomer: Bomb path is awesome.

Stump Smash: Nut Crafter is good.
Camo: Either path is great, and if you are playing on the Wii like me, to fix the Melon Path glitch, just take him off of the portal and put him right back on, and he will do 60dps now.smilie
Stealth Elf: Pook... Blade... Saint...
Zook: Floral Defender.

Prism Break: Either
Bash: Both are amazing.
Terrafin: Don't do anything but Sandhog, it makes him A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!
Dino-Rang, GBM is awesome.

Ignitor: Soul of the Flame is the best path ever, and my favorite character because of its sheer awesomeness.
Flameslinger: Either path is great, I like Pyromancer, though...
Eruptor: He's awesome on Volcanor.
Sunburn: Both are awesome.

Lightning Rod: Either is good.
Warnado: Eye of the Storm is a unique choice and is also the better build.
Sonic Boom: Medea Griffon is great.
Whirlwind: She's awesome on Tempest Dragon.

Cynder: Go with your choice, amazing on both paths.
Chop Chop: He sucks either way, but do the sword one (I forgot what it was called)
Ghost Roaster: Fear Eater is a good choice.
Hex: She has a ton of raw power on Bone Crafter, esp. in PvP.
---
How is Fun Size candy more fun than regular candy if it's less candy?
Write in my Gb or Pm me if you like Minecraft!
#1025 Posted: 22:16:46 27/05/2012
OK, I return with news concerning in-depth information about Camo.
His Sun Blast is a projectile with great range and great fire rate.Not only that, but after you get his Soul Gem ability, whose effect comes into play by shooting Sun Blasts while holding the button.After this is done three times(the Sun Blast), the shield will start probably the most potent natural HoT(Heal over Time)effect in the game.As for upgrades, here is a list:
Basic Upgrades(be warned though, there WILL be lots of gaps in information, but almost everyone should concers numbers:
-Sun Blast's damage goes from 8 to 13, everything else won't change.
-Melon Fountain, starts out with 5/6 melons, can't remember damage.
-Firecracker Vines have a bigger damage input.
-Firecracker Vines travel faster and further.
On to paths:
->Vine Virtuoso:
-Vines produce more melons
-Another increase in damage
-Two vines
Overall, this makes Camo a ranged BEHEMOTH, mostly because his vines can turn around, also because...the vines might fuse oaths at some point...effectively DOUBLING his attack power.I honestly prefer this path, because the other can be neutralized by those proficient with projectiles(Master Blaster Drobot, anyone?).
->Melon Master
-Blasts 8 melons
-Increases damage
-Increase damage again and allows a defensive employment of the melon fortress.
That's it.
Overall, as before said, I prefer Vine Virtuoso, for the said reasons.
---
Gotcha!
#1026 Posted: 22:26:54 27/05/2012
See, that's why I like Camo's Melon path, as it turns him into a unique defensive/offensive character who packs a punch. Also, he is invincible while he is in the ground. Now I will say that Vine Virtuoso is very good, and quite damaging as well, which is why I said that both paths are good in my path guide above.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:29:54 27/05/2012 by noco99
Madhouse1 Green Sparx Gems: 450
#1027 Posted: 23:54:18 27/05/2012
I will give a list of the best paths for each skylander.
for spyro id have to go with blitz, I know that ill get alot of disagreement but with blitz you get a helpful stun attack and increased damage and faster charging. For sheep burner you get a gimmicky fire shield and a charged fire ball which is more time wasting then useful. exploding fireballs can be useful though...

for terrafin defenitly sandhog. terrafin in my opinion is the 3rd or 2nd strongest character with the sandhog path. already using terrafin is cheap because he is fully protected while burrowing but doing damage with razorfin while under ground makes him even cheaper. the only good thing about brawler is the increased damage with spiked knuckles.

for hex bone crafter. Using Spiky bones to keep enemies away while you charge up your skull rain ( which is faster because of master caster) is a risky but satifying move.

for sunburn flame lord is the way to go. After you try it out you will realize why he is called sunburn. Its almost annoying how strong he will get.
---
Right now I'm willing to battle people on Super Smash Bros Brawl
#1028 Posted: 13:27:16 28/05/2012
Question for Tashiji, what makes Slam Bam's punch path and Voodood's axe path better than the alternatives?
Why not use Stealth Elf for melee and have a unique path for the others(Voodood, Slam Bam, etc.)? I'm not saying those paths are bad, I'm just curious why you say go melee for those guys, but not others, like Terrafin and Ignitor.

EDIT: I'm NOT saying that Ignitor's sword is better than the other. I just meant that on the sword path, he does 40 damage a hit, and Slam's punches do 38 on punch path and Voodood's axe does 42 on axe path. That kinda puts them in the same category, and you said in an earlier post that the sword path puts him in the same category as Stump Smash, and you say the axe and punch paths make them very good. Just a little confusing, that's all.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 13:10:37 31/05/2012 by noco99
ArcticWolf54 Red Sparx Gems: 43
#1029 Posted: 13:35:52 28/05/2012
What are good paths for prism break, warnado, Wrecking ball, and flameslinger. If you can give me the numbers that would be great.
---
Rise and Shine / Full Scream Ahead
#1030 Posted: 14:02:05 28/05/2012
Prism Break, do Crystaleer, as it makes him very good and defensive, while also packing a punch. His Crystals can do 40 a pop, and on that path, all 3 can hit at once. It also makes the eruption do 30.

Warnado, do eye of the storm. It makes his charge do 22, makes it faster, and the Mini-Warnados do 15, but are annoying as crap. And his AoE attack does 35, I believe.

Wrecking Ball, do Ultimate Spinner, as it makes his charge do 61, charge, then explode does an extra 20, and charge then burp does an extra 40.

Flameslinger, do Pyromancer, because it makes his Supernova do... 56, I think (I haven't been him in a while).
But the real prize in this path is the Napalm arrows, because, on the Wii at least, the arrows don't knock PVP enemies back, so the arrows do 14+11, so 25 damage. It also makes his Volley Shot rain Hell on your enemy. The other path is just another wanna-be Drobot.
---
#1031 Posted: 14:07:26 28/05/2012
for prism break crystaleer because of the armor and more crystals
for flameslinger deffenitly pyromancer because of the supernova
for wreckingball it really depends on if you want the more fun path or the more useful. total tongue is way more fun but ultimate spinner is more useful.

i dont know about warnado though...
---
voodood90 Blue Sparx Gems: 973
#1032 Posted: 14:40:37 28/05/2012
smilie sheep burner spyro OR blitz spyro. soul: either path
smilie water weaver. soul: harpooner
smilie golden guns OR golden money bags.Soul: either path
smilie tesla dragon. soul: either path
smilie shade caster OR bone crafter. soul: bone crafter
smilie grand boomerang master soul: gran boom. master
smilie skull master Soul gem. either path
smilie smash n bash OR nut crafter soul : either path
smilie marauder. soul: elemantalist
smilie total tongue OR ultimate spinner Soul: total tongue.
smilie pook blade saint Soul: either path
smilie medea griffin OR siren griffin soul: medea griffin
smilie ultimate rainbower sol: ult. rain.
smilie channeler soul:either path
smilie battledozer OR megadozer soul: megadozer.
smilie magmantor OR volcanor Soul: either path
smilie granite dragon OR pulver dragon Soul: either path
smilie vampiric warrior OR arkeyan defender Soul : either path
smilie blizzard brawler Soul: either path

Here is my paths for all the skylanders I have. I will also say if the soul gem affects a certain path.
---
Haters gonna hate
Bakers gonna bake
Elevators gonna elevate
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 13:36:16 03/06/2012 by voodood90
#1033 Posted: 15:25:31 28/05/2012
Quote: noco99
Question for Tashiji, what makes Slam Bam's punch path and Voodood's axe path better than the alternatives?
Why not use Stealth Elf for melee and have a unique path for the others(Voodood, Slam Bam, etc.)? I'm not saying those paths are bad, I'm just curious why you say go melee for those guys, but not others, like Terrafin and Ignitor.

EDIT: I'm NOT saying that Ignitor's sword is better than the other. I just meant that on the sword path, he does 40 damage a hit, and Slam's punches do 38 on punch path and Voodood's axe does 38 on axe path. That kinda puts them in the same category, and you said in an earlier post that the sword path puts him in the same category as Stump Smash, and you say the axe and punch paths make them very good. Just a little confusing, that's all.

I know I'm not Tasiji, but I know what he's going to say. He wouldn't choose the Ice Prison Path for Slam Bam because it sucks, while Blizzard Brawler does much more damage. Yes, Stealth Elf outclasses him, but Stealth Elf outclasses pretty much everyone. He would choose the Marauder path for Voodood not because of the increased damage to the axe, but to the Zipline attack. It is Voodood's best move, and is much stronger down Marauder. Blademaster Ignitor is in the same class as Stump Smash because he has far too low an HP stat to be a melee attacker. He's also far too slow, unlike Voodood or Slam Bam thanks to their respective speed moves. Yes, if you like being different then by all means choose the other path, but the unique path is not the case in this situation-apart from Ignitor, who is a boss down SOTF. Hope it helped.

Also, Voodood does 42 damage down Marauder.
---
voodude Blue Sparx Gems: 715
#1034 Posted: 19:42:12 28/05/2012
Quote: noco99
and Slam's punches do 38 on punch path .

have you tried the whole combo? especially the ice hammer one?
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieITALIAsmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#1035 Posted: 23:19:42 28/05/2012
HRtngtgn
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:16:23 29/05/2012 by ArcticWolf54
#1036 Posted: 01:06:39 29/05/2012
If I were to face Kaos with two players stealth elf pook blade saint and Flameslinger pyromancer fully upgraded lvl 10 would this strategy work when Kaos sends in a minion flameslinger goes next to Kaos where the minion spawns makes a circle of fire with the pyromancer fully upgraded stealth elf goes in and uses melee on Kaos with extra blades and flameslinger runs back and spams arrows or volley shot the whole time and when the undead lasers come terrafin sand hog goes underground and blocks them if u know an easier strategy ppz tell me one or two players
---
#1037 Posted: 02:20:45 29/05/2012
Scratch all my typing I don't know what i was thinking while typing what is a good path for stump smash it is my cousins favorite skylander
---
#1038 Posted: 06:29:20 29/05/2012
Don't double post please. Try to use the edit button, and Nut Crafter is the best path for Stump Smash.
---
#1039 Posted: 20:00:25 29/05/2012
Yup, pretty much.
Main reason?Meganut Propagation and Pollen Plume.
Effects?6 nuts with blistering speed and each nut "explodes", respectively.
Possible strategies?a)At close range, a total beast, plus both the meganut and slowing effect of acorns can help his slow walking speed and allow him some escaping time, to proceed to b), smashing Meganuts from far, at least one acorns is certain to strike.
Questions?
---
Gotcha!
#1040 Posted: 20:15:08 29/05/2012
I will give a brief summary of what every skylander has to offer. The list will be worst to best. The way it is set up (Pros and Cons) and some other things are not my original idea, I got it from another blog. This has been alot of fun, good luck.

Zap
Pros. fast and quick, electrifying sea slimes is good for setups.
Cons. all attacks are weak, lightning breath never becomes powerful. easy target. not very good at assaults.
recommended path. tesla dragon
zap is one of those characters that even when fully upgraded on ether path never really impresses. I know most people would disagree about my recommended path, but if you want to make zap the strongest he can get (which isnt very strong) go with tesla dragon.

Chop Chop
Pros. all attacks are fairly strong, sword when fully upgraded is quite powerful, shield when fully upgraded is extreemly useful. He is completed with soul gem upgrade.
Cons. Slow and very clunky, bone brambler hard to direct. Demon shield of the shadows more time wasting then useful.
Recommended path. Undead defender
I know no one likes undead defender but it provides a very powerful defense. Anyway chop chop isnt as strong as he looks and is kinda a character that cant really direct his attacks very well. Eather path I recommended.

Drill Seargent
Pros. Pretty good dps. Rockets lock on. megadozer is good for attacking and countering. Soul gem upgrade is useful.
Cons. Slow and a easy target because of his size. Megadozer is not as good as it looks. Rockets reload slowly.
Recommended path. Megadozer
Drill seargent is a character that both paths are pretty good but his style of attacking is pretty bad. Megadozer has barley any range and still doesnt last as long as it should.

Wrecking Ball
Pros. Well balanced character with good range with tongue whap. Power belch is good for crowd control.
Cons. Forcefield ball hard to control. Tongue never becomes powerful enough to directly assault enemies.
Recommended path. ultimate spinner
Wrecking Ball is a fun character with decent dps but even when fully upgraded he cant do very much damage by himself. Thats why its a good idea to choose ultimate spinner as your path because force field ball is your strongest attack.

Whirlwind
Pros. A decent caster character who can cause alot of damage with minimum effort. Soul gem upgrade is quite useful when playing 2 player.
Cons. Not the best at assaulting enemies directly but most lower ranked skylanders are not. 3rd attack wasted on flight move.
Recommended path. Tempest dragon
Don't be fooled by her ultimate rainbower path. The rainbow singularity is overrated. Better of with tempest dragon just because of the amazing things you can do with it.

Stump Smash
Pros. Quite a powerful malee fighter. Acorns are a good non psysical attack that with soften enemies up. Meganut is a decent barrier.
Cons. Another character thats ruined by size, Stump smash is easy target for any skylander gust because he is slow and big.
Recommended path. Nut crafter
With nut crafter path Stump Smash leaves Acorns rolling EVERYWHERE. Blowing up a meganut to make it in to tons of acorns and then having those acorns explode to grow plants EVERYWHERE is a great combo.

Flameslinger
Pros. Has a good long range attack in arrows. Flame dash will increase speed and damage any enemies chasing you.
Cons. He is weaker then he looks and is outclassed by alot of other skylanders. Surprisingly he does not have alot of cons.
Recommended path. Pyromancer
The Pyromancer path leaves fire burning everywhere. Supernova is a cool ability that can cross up slow opponents. What he lacks in power he makes up for in uniqueness.
Eruptor
Pros. Fairly good at assaulting enemies directly. Bouncing lava balls is pretty useful. eruption is good at crowd control.
Cons. Overrated somewhat. Eruption makes you very vulnarble. Quite slow. Magma balls are easy to dodge.
Recommended path. magmantor
Eruptor's magma balls are not very good and to much like his lava lob. Bouncing lava balls is useful because its a way eruptor can do alot of damage on enemies without being right next to them. Compared to Sunburn though... hes nothing.

Sonicboom
Pros. A cool character with great spash damage with roar attack, Babies are fun to play with and are just like weaker sonic booms.
Cons. 3rd attack wasted on flight move. Babies are fun but are not that strong and are glitchy too. She only has one direct assault attack.
Recommended path. Meada griffin
Sonic boom has many ways she can do well on the meada griffin path. Sunny side up lets you use your eggs as a attack and terrible twos lets her babies hatch fully grown, but I think roar is still stronger...

Ghost roaster
Pros. Chain whip is quite strong once u get the pain chain upgrade. Skull charge is the 2nd best dash move in the game and has many uses. fully protected when in ectoplasm mode.
Cons. you take damage in ectoplasm mode and it doesnt compare to terrafin's burrowing. Chain whip has no combos smilie sadly.
Recommended path. Skull Master.
Its a little hard to like ghost roaster. His only way to protect himself is slow and requires him to take damage.

Cynder
Pros. Both paths are pretty strong. Shadow dash is a good way to get past large crowds espessialy when using the unstable forces upgrade see netherwelder path. Soul gem upgrade gives you a little helper to pitch in a hand. Spectral lightning is quick to come into play.
Cons. 3rd attack wasted on flight move. Spectral lightning disapointing because it lacks range and doesnt last very long. Can still be hurt while shadow dashing.
Recommended path. Nether welder
Even though cynder is quite strong her spectral lighting seems stiff.

Hex
Pros. Great caster character. Attacks blend well together. Bone wall + skull rain = great combo. good dps. Spiky bone wall is great.
Cons. Skull rain suffers GREATLY from the time it takes to charge it. Phantom orbs dont have great range themselves. Wall of bones is the best barricade in the game but is still not very hard to get past.
Recommended path. Bone crafter
Hex is a beast with master caster. Summoning wall of bones to damge enemies instead of blocking them is a good stategy too.

Spyro
Pros. charge is 3rd best charger move and best when fully upgraded. Fireballs are a decent attack.
Cons. Predictable and overrated skylander. Fireballs lack range and power. The daybringer flame is not only overrated but not very good ether.
Recommended path. Blitz Spyro
Spyro is extreemly good with blitz. The ibex wrath charge is quite strong and stun charge completes the charge attack. I know most people will disagree that their overrated spyro needs to have the overrated sheep burner path, but truthfully charging attacks like daybringer flame leave you vulnerable and are overrated so there.

Slam Bam
Pros. He bashes everything with his fists. His ice prisms are useful especially on the glaciar yeti path.
Cons. Surfing is a pretty bad dash move. Fists are overrated.
Recommended path. Glaciar yeti
A strong character on the glaciar yeti path it turns him from a slow, clunky malee into a surprisingly calm caster. Double thumbs up!!!

Ill finish the rest of the list later.
---
#1041 Posted: 16:51:27 30/05/2012
I just can't agree with Blitz Spyro.
I just...can't.I mean, the stun is awesome, but, unlike Chop Chop, he can't stun his opponents while staying near them.
Also, his flight is honestly a way better melee option, since once you start Earth Pound, you can't be interrupted.
Also, that's gibberish.Down Bone Crafter path, Hex's Wall is instantly cast and SoS takes at most one second to summon.
Ghost Roaster, given the Fear Eater path, takes less damage and is faster.Oh, also gives Ectoplasm Mode some offensive utility.
---
Gotcha!
#1042 Posted: 20:30:37 30/05/2012
See what I mean. Sheep burner is a very attractive path, and blitz gust isn't as flashy as it. Blitz is actually better. Everyone thinks sheep burner is strong, but its not as strong as it looks, and again daybringer flame is overrated and doesnt compare to some of the other chargeable moves like inferno blast for flameslinger which charges way faster. Moves like daybringer flame and golden yamato blast are flashy but by the time you charge one of those attacks you could have allready taken out the enemy. Gust something to think about.
---
#1043 Posted: 20:54:14 30/05/2012
I've tried both...I know what im talking about...Also, have you SEEN the size of the daybringer flame?Aimed right(not difficult)you can't escape it, and it hits for 30.Stuff like Conjuror smilie(conventional or not), Medea smilie are easily defeated.
---
Gotcha!
#1044 Posted: 21:18:01 30/05/2012
Quote: Hazard335
hey Tashiji, could you post a quick list of all 32 of your choice paths for pvp ?
no need to do any explanations of why, i just want to compare to what i chose, as well as know your final dissensions now that we have had a while to really choose.

Sure. Here are what I've got my characters on for PVP. Brief explanations for characters where the best is debatable:

Magic:

Spyro - Blitz Spyro (Stun, fly, headbutt)
Double Trouble - Channeler
Voodood - Marauder
Wrecking Ball - Ultimate Spinner

Life:

Stealth Elf - Pook Blade Saint
Zook - Floral Defender
Stump Smash - Nut Crafter
Camo - Vine Virtuoso (but Melon Master performs about the same)

Undead:

Hex - Bone Crafter
Ghost Roaster - Skull Master (ectoplasm is about the same on both paths)
Cynder - Nether Welder on PS360, Shadow Dancer on Wii
Chop Chop - Undead Defender (but it doesn't matter...)

Water:

Wham-Shell - Captain Crustacean
Slam Bam - Blizzard Brawler
Gill Grunt - Water Weaver
Zap - Slime Serpent

Fire:

Ignitor - Soul of the Flame
Flameslinger - Pyromancer (for the field effects)
Sunburn - Flame Lord
Eruptor - Volcanor

Earth:

Terrafin - Sandhog
Dino Rang - Grand Boomerang Master
Prism Break - Crystaleer
Bash - Granite Dragon

Tech:

Drobot - Master Blaster
Drill Sergeant - Megadozer
Boomer - Demolition Troll
Trigger Happy - Golden Money Bags (Yamato Blast is useless against experienced opponents)

Air:

Sonic Boom - Medea Griffon
Whirlwind - Tempest Dragon
Warnado - Eye of the Storm
Lightning Rod - Lightning Lord (Typhoon Titan is supposed to thwart melee, but they beat him anyway)

I'm more adamant about some of these (Soul of the Flame) than others (Undead Defender), but by and large, and having played both paths for all characters rather extensively, these are my picks.
#1045 Posted: 00:57:02 31/05/2012
See Hexdisciple. Tashiji agrees with me on best path for spyro hex and ghost roaster and he knows what hes talking about too.
---
wanderist Platinum Sparx Gems: 7081
#1046 Posted: 01:33:30 31/05/2012
Spyro- I choose the Blitz path and loved it. I tried Sheep Burner for Dark Spyro and while I like it, I just don't like it as much as the Blitz path. The fire shield seems almost useless while Spyro's stun attack is awesome.

Double Trouble- His beam path is awesome.

Wrecking Ball- Whatever his rolling path is.

Zap- Honestly never tried his other path, but I prefer long range attacks, so I choose telsa and loved it.

Trigger- Whatever his shooting path is. Though his last upgrade takes way too long to charge.

Bash- I choose his tail path and loved it, but his other path seems good too.

Sonic Boom- I chose her screech path. I never really use her babies anyway.

Whirlwind- I chose Tempest Dragon.

Warnado- I chose the spinning path, but the tornado one looks cool too.

Cynder- I chose the shadow dancer path. Her shadow dash can actually do damage now, so I automatically love it.

Sunburn- I chose his flamethrower path and I love it so far.

I just felt like posting all this due to bordom.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:34:42 31/05/2012 by wanderist
Hazard335 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1435
#1047 Posted: 06:41:08 31/05/2012
Quote: Tashiji
Quote: Hazard335

Sure. Here are what I've got my characters on for PVP. Brief explanations for characters where the best is debatable:

Flameslinger - Pyromancer (for the field effects)

can i ask why pyromancer? i tried both paths and couldnt really deside, but in the end went marksman cuz the outward fire circle was kinda hard to actully pull off in pvp
#1048 Posted: 07:47:16 31/05/2012
I like Pyromancer because his arrow volley leaves flames on the field. His arrows are less damaging, and noticeably so, but I find that results are better when I play keep-away instead of engaging directly. The more fire I can leave on the field, the more difficult he is to pursue. Supernova really is hard to pull off, though, I agree, but the path of fire his arrows leave behind is invaluable to his chances in the more difficult fights. He can decimate lower-tier characters either way, but the tougher the opponent, the less likely arrow spam is to put you ahead and the more you'll need to strategize. Both paths are fine, but I really love his Napalm Tipped Arrows for PVP. It turns him into a far more effective version of Slime Serpent Zap, which is a tactic with tons of potential.
#1049 Posted: 13:18:12 31/05/2012
Quote: Cheeseman
I know I'm not Tasiji, but I know what he's going to say. He wouldn't choose the Ice Prison Path for Slam Bam because it sucks, while Blizzard Brawler does much more damage. Yes, Stealth Elf outclasses him, but Stealth Elf outclasses pretty much everyone. He would choose the Marauder path for Voodood not because of the increased damage to the axe, but to the Zipline attack. It is Voodood's best move, and is much stronger down Marauder. Blademaster Ignitor is in the same class as Stump Smash because he has far too low an HP stat to be a melee attacker. He's also far too slow, unlike Voodood or Slam Bam thanks to their respective speed moves. Yes, if you like being different then by all means choose the other path, but the unique path is not the case in this situation-apart from Ignitor, who is a boss down SOTF. Hope it helped.

Also, Voodood does 42 damage down Marauder.

Thank you, Cheeseman, that really helped me out. I edited Vood's axe damage, and you have a point about the Zipline axe. I never thought about it that way. And Tashiji, what is the best Skylander for PVP, PVE, and just for fun?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:33:40 31/05/2012 by noco99
#1050 Posted: 17:02:55 31/05/2012
sorry for replying to something you clearly asked someone but:
PVP-Terrafin/Stealth Elf/Master Blaster Drobot
PVE-Stealth Elf/Terrafin
Just for fun-Medea Griffin smilie
My opinion there.
---
Gotcha!
First | Previous | Page 21 of 39 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 37 38 39

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me